48 Hours Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 48 Hours.

Quotes About 48 Hours

Enjoy collection of 63 48 Hours quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 48 Hours. Righ click to see and save pictures of 48 Hours quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I've always loved shows like '48 Hours' and 'Dateline,' and I've always been passionate about getting to the truth, and journalism. ~ Regina Hall
48 Hours quotes by Regina Hall
If I'm in Rome for only 48 hours, I would consider it a sin against God to not eat cacio e pepe, the most uniquely Roman of pastas, in some crummy little joint where Romans eat. I'd much rather do that than go to the Vatican. That's Rome to me. ~ Anthony Bourdain
48 Hours quotes by Anthony Bourdain
And I've just spent the last 48 hours falling in love with a man that is not only completely out of my league, I don't even play the same sport ~ Kristen Proby
48 Hours quotes by Kristen Proby
I will only sell coffee less than 48 hours out of the roaster to my customers, so they may enjoy coffee at its peak of flavor. I will only use the finest, most delicious and responsibly sourced beans. ~ James Freeman
48 Hours quotes by James Freeman
I'm suggesting that, until America takes care of its debt, untangles the housing mess and gets unemployment under control, we all commit to working six days a week. Yep, move the standard 35-40 hour work week right up to 48 hours. ~ Jason Calacanis
48 Hours quotes by Jason Calacanis
Anyone can sleep with a guy in 24-48 hours, but you're sending the wrong signal to the guy if you do that. ~ Steve Harvey
48 Hours quotes by Steve Harvey
When you go through some controversy and you see your face on the news in a negative way for 48 hours ... you doubt yourself. And your friends make the difference. They become a safety net that come in and say, 'That's not the case.' And the relationships that you've built ... come to the fore. ~ Stanley A. McChrystal
48 Hours quotes by Stanley A. McChrystal
The website didn't say how much brains
or even how many
I should eat, only that I should eat them in 48 hours OR ELSE. Why doesn't anyone pay attention to details anymore? Would it be so hard to add a simple line like, BTW, Maddy, 3 pounds of brains per week is plenty?
Seriously, am I the first new zombie ever to ask? ~ Rusty Fischer
48 Hours quotes by Rusty Fischer
If we all but had twenty-four hours more to live, what would we do? And for nearly all, the answer was 'Spend it with the ones I love. ~ William R. Forstchen
48 Hours quotes by William R. Forstchen
Thank god there's no 48-hour race anywhere in the world, because chances are nobody could beat Porsche in a 48 hour race. They're probably the only cars in the world that would stand up for something like that. ~ Carroll Shelby
48 Hours quotes by Carroll Shelby
Sometimes being lazy can get you in trouble. You ever not take a shower all weekend, just lounge around, then you're running late for work on Monday? There's always one person at work: "Something smells like smoke in here!" "Uh, I went to a barbeque on Friday night. Only had 48 hours to take a shower. Busy." ~ Jim Gaffigan
48 Hours quotes by Jim Gaffigan
I used to dream of a week-long beach vacation with white sand under my toes ... right now, I'd settle for 48 hours at a Motel 6 with some Lysol and a UV lamp. ~ Ingrid Weir
48 Hours quotes by Ingrid Weir
One of the nice things about being me is you show up in a town, you meet somebody interesting and entertaining, and for 48 hours, what a wonderful person to be around. You mess around, and all of that is super, super fun, and you don't have to deal with the long-term consequences of it. ~ Guy Branum
48 Hours quotes by Guy Branum
And don't just email them once. Keep them up to date, wanting more. Give new tidbits every 1-2 weeks leading up to the launch, then email them the day before launch, 3 days into the campaign, one week into the campaign, 2 weeks and with one week and 48 hours left. Always provide updated information and a call to action. Short and sweet and frequent. ~ Patrice Williams Marks
48 Hours quotes by Patrice Williams Marks
Twenty thousand men, fully capable of working and in the full flush of their youth, died in the gas chambers and were incinerated in the crematory ovens. It took 48 hours to exterminate them all. ~ Miklos Nyiszli
48 Hours quotes by Miklos Nyiszli
You think of movies like 'Midnight Run' and '48 Hours', those are great movies, especially 'Midnight Run.' ~ Adam McKay
48 Hours quotes by Adam McKay
It's a shiny tin can of a day, bright but gray. Welcome to one of Florida's two overcast days per year. A Florida winter can last a brutally long 48 hours, and in that time the state's residents don't know how to cope. Probably there are more suicides on these two days in Florida than in a whole year of Seattle's drizzly existence. ~ Jarod Kintz
48 Hours quotes by Jarod Kintz
The war is not going well and it is time to say why ... It has been fought with half-measures. It has been fought with an eye on the wishes of our 'coalition partners.' It has been fought to assuage the Arab 'street.' It has been fought to satisfy the diplomats rather than the generals ... why have we not loosed the B-52s and the B-2s to carpet-bomb Taliban positions? And why are we giving the Taliban sanctuary in their cities? We could drop leaflets giving civilians 48 hours to evacuate, after which the cities become legitimate military targets. ~ Charles Krauthammer
48 Hours quotes by Charles Krauthammer
If you only had 48 hours left to live, would you spend it like you normally spend your weekends? If not, why spend 2/7th of your life wasting your free time? After all, free time isn't free. Free time is the most expensive time you have, because nobody pays for it but you. But that also makes it the most valuable time you have, as you alone stand to reap the profits from spending it wisely. ~ Jarod Kintz
48 Hours quotes by Jarod Kintz
The internet is a dark, dark place. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere, someone has this file that says, "Scott Foley, on March 13, 2012, was searching for how to dispose of a body for 48 hours." ~ Scott Foley
48 Hours quotes by Scott Foley
In the last 48 hours King Abdullah from Saudi Arabia passed away. I have a moral dilemma. The king passed away three or four days ago. Is it too soon to hit on Queen Latifah? ~ David Letterman
48 Hours quotes by David Letterman
.. 1 in 7 American children will run away from home, and within 48 hours of running, 1 out of every 3 will be asked, as I was, to "take care" of someone in exchange for food, money, clothes, and at times just affection...

In the US alone, the average age at which children are brought and sold for purposes of sex is between 12 and 14; some are as young as 5. These children are not prostitutes; what they are engaged in is not prostitution. It is rape, abuse, slavery, and torture. ~ Carissa Phelps
48 Hours quotes by Carissa Phelps
I see no issue with [Donald] Trump spending 48 hours in Scotland.Whether accidental or intentional, the fact that he was there when Britain voted to leave the EU was a good thing for him. ~ Christopher Michael Cillizza
48 Hours quotes by Christopher Michael Cillizza
The actors are different, although I didn't set out to be different. My inspiration came from people like Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence and Will Smith. The genre is what it is. My inspiration was drawn from great movies like 48 Hours, Bad Boys and Rush Hour. ~ Tracy Morgan
48 Hours quotes by Tracy Morgan
The lesson of Good Friday is to never lose hope - or at least give it 48 hours. ~ Robert Breault
48 Hours quotes by Robert Breault
Send me to jail in 48 hours if I am corrupt. ~ Arvind Kejriwal
48 Hours quotes by Arvind Kejriwal
I wish there were two of me and 48-hour days so I could get everything done. But for me, I have to not try and think that everything has to be 100% perfect all the time and leave room for error. As long as my kids feel loved and a priority, everything really is secondary. ~ Jessica Alba
48 Hours quotes by Jessica Alba
Practice Hesitating Less

Look for small ways to practice hesitating a little less than you usually would. Over time, this will help increase your psychological flexibility: You'll get better at choosing when you want to let a decision marinate vs. when you want to make a decision swiftly, take action, and move on. You'll start to learn from experience that you can move out of thinking mode more quickly without disastrous consequences. For example, if you tend to put off buying things that, in reality, would be a good investment, give yourself some criteria for making quicker decisions. You might commit to making decisions about purchases that are under $50 in less than 48 hours. Choose the level that suits your situation and preferences. ~ Alice Boyes
48 Hours quotes by Alice Boyes
To me, in a perfect world, you have the flavor and the magic of movies like 48 Hours, Lethal Weapon and Bad Boys. ~ Ice Cube
48 Hours quotes by Ice Cube
I wrote in the mornings, often in cafes, on the way to the office. I gave myself a daily word minimum, usually 750. I tried to save revision for the weekends, when I had more consecutive hours to string together. ~ Christopher Castellani
48 Hours quotes by Christopher Castellani
Well?" she teased in turn. "What do you think?"
The gray eyes that finally lifted to hers were flaming, but instead of answering, he flicked his burning gaze down her length again. He hesitated, and then said abruptly, "I think that the dress fits you perfectly."
Lauren burst out laughing. "Don't ever let anyone tell you that you have a way with flattery, because you don't."
"Is that right?" he mocked, his eyes challenging. "In that case, I'll you exactly what I think: I think that you're exquisitely lovely, and that you have the fascinating ability to look like an extremely sexy, sophisticated young woman and an utterly angelic girl at one and the same time. And I wish to hell that we weren't trapped here with a hundred other people for the next few hours, because whenever I look at you I become...uncomfortably eager...to find out how you're going to feel in my arms tonight. ~ Judith McNaught
48 Hours quotes by Judith McNaught
Fictions are useful so long as they are taken as fictions. They are then
simply ways of "figuring" the world which we agree to follow so that
we can act in cooperation, as we agree about inches and hours, numbers
and words, mathematical systems and languages. If we have no
agreement about measures of time and space, I would have no way of
making a date with you at the corner of Forty-second Street and Fifth
Avenue at 3 P.M. on Sunday, April 4. ~ Alan W. Watts
48 Hours quotes by Alan W. Watts
No matter what you have done to this moment, you get 24 brand-new hours to spend every single day. ~ Brian Tracy
48 Hours quotes by Brian Tracy
If you want to get better, you simply have to practice. There's no way around it. Even though Prasad, Sona, and Rex all had beneficial early experiences with music, each has had to spend thousands of hours in practice to acquire their musical prowess. Rex told me, "If people could've lived my life and all the hours I've spent practicing the tuba alone in some little room someplace, they probably wouldn't label me as being particularly talented."[6] ~ Jonathan Harnum
48 Hours quotes by Jonathan Harnum
Light-headed, my body trembling from shoes to shoulders in random spells, like I swallowed a vibrator. It's always like this when I'm on the sauce. I dosed six hours ago. ~ David Wong
48 Hours quotes by David Wong
If your ethics in the military, in your training, is going to be counterminded by a one-hour weekly television show, we've got a really big problem. ~ Kiefer Sutherland
48 Hours quotes by Kiefer Sutherland
Let me say right here, if I haven't made it clear, that I have seen as many pale, naked old-man parts in the last twenty-four hours to bruise my delicate psyche for a lifetime, so don't be surprised if you someday find me wandering the moors at midnight, a crazed look in my eye, babbling about albino Tater Tots nesting in Brillo pads and being pursued by sagging man ass, because that shit can happen when you've been traumatized. ~ Christopher Moore
48 Hours quotes by Christopher Moore
The tears in my pus-filled eyes became a thousand little crystals of ever color. Like stained-glass windows, I thought. God is with you today, Papi! In the midst of nature's monstrous elements, in the wind, the immenseness of the sea, the depth of the waves, the imposing green roof of the bush, you feel your own infinitesimal smallness, and perhaps it's here, without looking for Him, that you find God, that you touch Him with your finger. I had sensed Him at night during the thousands of hours I had spent buried alive in dank dungeons without a ray of sun; I touched Him today in a sun that would devour everything too weak to resist it. I touched God, I felt Him around me, inside me. He even whispered in my ear: You will suffer; you will suffer more. But this time I am on your side. You will be free. You will, I promise you. ~ Henri Charriere
48 Hours quotes by Henri Charriere
Clams served on Quinnipeague were dug from the from the flats hours before cooking, and the batter, which was exquisitely light, held bits of parsley and thyme. Other fried clams couldn't compare. ~ Barbara Delinsky
48 Hours quotes by Barbara Delinsky
The kids in the League knew about the camps-vaguely. There were only a few of us who had actually lived in one and experienced the life firsthand, but there was an unspoken rule we didn't talk about it. Everyone knew the truth, but the truth didn't live inside them the same way it did for us. They'd heard about the sorting machines, the cabins, the testing, but most of their stories were gossip, completely wrong. These kids had never stood for hours on end in an assembly lime. They didn't know fear came in the shape of a small black camera lens, an eye that followed you everywhere at all times. ~ Alexandra Bracken
48 Hours quotes by Alexandra Bracken
I'll wash. Looks like brute strength is required."

Matilda wasn't about to argue. Might as well put those ridiculous muscles to good use. "I doubt I could write them into submission somehow."

"No," Tanner agreed, heading to the sink and flicking on the taps, intent on filling the industrial size sink and agitating the water as he squirted in some detergent. "You could, however, write about how I heroically and uncomplainingly scrubbed pots for hours while being witty and charming all at the service of some of the city's less fortunate."

"You want me to add in how woodland animals came in from the alley to befriend you? ~ Amy Andrews
48 Hours quotes by Amy Andrews
The system-versus-goals model can be applied to most human endeavors. In the world of dieting, losing twenty pounds is a goal, but eating right is a system. In the exercise realm, running a marathon in under four hours is a goal, but exercising daily is a system. In business, making a million dollars is a goal, but being a serial entrepreneur is a system. ~ Scott Adams
48 Hours quotes by Scott Adams
An hour of violin lessons in Berlin is an hour where you get the child interested in music. An hour in a violin lesson in Palestine is an hour away from violence, is an hour away from fundamentalism. ~ Daniel Barenboim
48 Hours quotes by Daniel Barenboim
In a film you only get two hours to do this big arc and so you have to pick and choose your moments carefully, but with television you get to take your time and just take it episode by episode and discover new things. ~ Chris Zylka
48 Hours quotes by Chris Zylka
My mom is having a Scentsy party tomorrow," he said.
"The scented-wax thingies? Random. But go on."
He laced his fingers together on his lap. "I was thinking... I know how much you love to smell things."
I nodded. I could spend hours in a candle store sticking my nose inside every jar. "True. I do love to smell."
"Well, instead of going on your suicide mission, you could just come to the party. We could go smell crazy and even sneak a few of my mom's JELL-O shots. Eh?" He poked a finger in my ribs. "Epic, right? ~ Cole Gibsen
48 Hours quotes by Cole Gibsen
I thought about how the past can become so small. An entire day, 24 separate, heavy hours, becomes the size of a tiny brown leaf falling from a tree. Before you know it, a whole year is just a pile of dead leaves on the ground. The year or so I'd spent in love with Chad was starting to feel so long ago, swept away by the wind. I knew that this year would soon feel far away too. ~ Kimberly Novosel
48 Hours quotes by Kimberly Novosel
Where's your hair?" she shouted. "And what happened to your arm?"
"Cut my hair and got shot with an arrow!"
"Gods below, Iseult! A few hours away and your whole life tumbles through the hell-gates!"
"I might say the same to you," Iseult shouted back - though it was getting hard to scream and ride. "Four opponents on your tail and a ruined dress! ~ Susan Dennard
48 Hours quotes by Susan Dennard
In our civilized societies we are rich. Why then are the many poor? Why this painful drudgery for the masses? Why, even to the best paid workman, this uncertainty for the morrow, in the midst of all the wealth inherited from the past, and in spite of the powerful means of production, which could ensure comfort to all, in return for a few hours of daily toil? ~ Pyotr Kropotkin
48 Hours quotes by Pyotr Kropotkin
A day might be just twenty-four hours but sometimes getting through just one seems as impossible as scaling Everest. ~ Gayle Forman
48 Hours quotes by Gayle Forman
Many hours of law-school argumentation have been spent on what to do with a man who stabs a corpse thinking it is his sleeping enemy, or whether it makes sense to charge a shooter with attempted murder if the nearest hospital is five minutes away and his victim survives, but to charge him with murder if the nearest hospital is fifteen minutes away and the victim succumbs. ~ Steven Pinker
48 Hours quotes by Steven Pinker
Because come to think of it, I think those were great choices we made too, even though all those people worried that you and Sophia would be permanently damaged psychologically. And you know, the more i think about it, the madder I am getting. All these Western parents with the same party line about what's good for children and what's not-I am not sure that they are making choices at all. They just do what every one else does. They are not questioning anything either, which is what Westerners are supposed to be so good at doing. They just keep repeating things like "You have to give your children the freedom to pursue their passion" when it is obvious that the "passion" is just going to be Facebook for ten hours which is a total waste of time and eating all that disgusting junk food - I am telling you this country is going to go straight downhill. ~ Amy Chua
48 Hours quotes by Amy Chua
I have the disadvantage of not being sociable. Wall Street men are fond of company and sport. A man makes one hundred thousand dollars there and immediately buys a yacht, begins to race fast horses, and becomes a sport generally. My tastes lie in a different direction. When business hours are over I go home and spend the remainder of the day with my wife, my children, and books of my library. Every man has natural inclinations of his own. Mine are domestic. They are not calculated to make me particularly popular in Wall Street, and I cannot help that. ~ Jay Gould
48 Hours quotes by Jay Gould
Every time I create something, whether an idea or a work of art, initially, its supposed completion seems absolutely perfect to me. However the more I think about it, stare it down, the more it marinates in my soul over the hours, days, and weeks, the more flaws I start to find in it; and finally, the more I'm pressed to continue enhancing it. It essentially turns out that whatever thing a flawed and imperfect, human eye once thought was amazing begins to appear quite wretched. This is why, eternally, God cannot be impressed by mere talents or by mortal achievements. To perfect eyes, I imagine that great is not really that great; rather, humility is ultimately a human being's true greatness. ~ Criss Jami
48 Hours quotes by Criss Jami
I avoid that bleak first hour of the working day during which my still sluggish senses and body make every chore a penance. I find that in arriving later, the work which I do perform is of a much higher quality. ~ John Kennedy Toole
48 Hours quotes by John Kennedy Toole
In a blackout, a Polish man was stuck on an escalator for two hours. I asked him, "Why didn't you walk down?" He said, "because I was going up!" ~ Henny Youngman
48 Hours quotes by Henny Youngman
For 40 hours a week competition is awfully stiff but after that there's very little competition . ~ Zig Ziglar
48 Hours quotes by Zig Ziglar
I do yoga every morning, then I run for half an hour and take a sauna. ~ Antonio Banderas
48 Hours quotes by Antonio Banderas
It was the hour when gauze-winged insects are born that only live for a day. ~ Lord Dunsany
48 Hours quotes by Lord Dunsany
I'm an eight hours kind of sleeper, so I definitely try to schedule that in. ~ Carmen Electra
48 Hours quotes by Carmen Electra
And every night I would think of you. Now that I can no longer see you, I realize how much I needed you. School is incredibly boring, but as a matter of self-discipline I am going to all my classes and doing all the assignments. Everything seems pointless since you left. I'd like to have a nice, long talk with you. If possible, I'd like to visit your sanatorium and see you for several hours. And, if possible, I'd like to go out walking with you side by side the way we used to. Please try to answer this letter, even a short note, I don't care." I ~ Haruki Murakami
48 Hours quotes by Haruki Murakami
The morning meal was served in traditional socialist fashion - very slowly, with the courses out of order so that the jelly arrived half an hour after the toast and the coffee didn't come until we'd called for the check. However, it was hard to be angry at a place that had ice cream, beer, and cigarettes on its breakfast menu. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
48 Hours quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
Learn that the present hour alone is man's. ~ Samuel Johnson
48 Hours quotes by Samuel Johnson
There's very little authentic study of the humanities remaining. My research assistant came to me two years ago saying she'd been in a seminar in which the teacher spent two hours saying that Walt Whitman was a racist. This isn't even good nonsense. It's insufferable. ~ Harold Bloom
48 Hours quotes by Harold Bloom
472 Quotes «
» 48 Laws Of Power Quotes