72 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 72.

Quotes About 72

Enjoy collection of 100 72 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 72. Righ click to see and save pictures of 72 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

If you haven't carried a voice recorder in the past 72 hours to capture the sum of your brilliant quotes, you should reconsider the life you've lived. ~ Matthew Keefer
72 quotes by Matthew Keefer
We wouldn't believe that the Germans, known as the enlightened world as 'bearers of culture,' were capable of planning and carrying out, in cold blood, without pity, the mass destruction of human beings by industrial means, as if they were bedbugs, flies, or other pests to be exterminated. ~ Joseph Bau
72 quotes by Joseph Bau
Sean Penn has announced his retirement from acting about 72 times. ~ James Gray
72 quotes by James Gray
From a policy point of view, I don't think it's the right approach. I don't like the idea of having millions of people here for their entire life without being able to assimilate into America ... From a political point of view, we've got 55 Democrats sent and a 72 percent support for a path to citizenship. It's just not practical to think we'll be able to pass any bill in the United States Senate without a path to citizenship. ~ Lindsey Graham
72 quotes by Lindsey Graham
It was a terrible thing to undergo, but during the year I stood there I had time to think that the greatest loss I had known was the loss of my heart. While I was in love I was the happiest man on earth; but no one can love who has not a heart, and so I am resolved to ask Oz to give me one. - The Tin Woodsman, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz pgs 72-73. ~ L. Frank Baum
72 quotes by L. Frank Baum
If you go 72-11 and don't win (the championship), it doesn't mean anything. Actually it does. It means you've cheated and played an extra regular-season game. ~ Shaquille O'Neal
72 quotes by Shaquille O'Neal
What surprises me is-even though discrimination against women and racial discrimination still exist, they have improved a lot, especially among artists. And just when I felt I could finally take a break, I encounter the age discrimination. I turned 72 and started noticing a drastic difference in people's attitudes. I started with racism and sexism in the beginning and fought them so hard and was finally ready to relax. Then, here comes ageism, and I feel like, "Give me a break!" ~ Yoko Ono
72 quotes by Yoko Ono
It should not be possible to get from the banks of the Pepani River to Wyoming in less than two days, because mentally and emotionally it is impossible. The shock is too much, the contrast too raw. We should sail or swim or walk from Africa, letting bits of her drop out of us, and gradually, in this way, assimilate the excesses and liberties of the States in tiny, incremental sips ... p 72 ~ Alexandra Fuller
72 quotes by Alexandra Fuller
If I didn't forgive the people who took me into the barracks and beat me unconscious over a period of days during the period when the British state was indicted for inhuman and degrading treatment in 1971-72, or even the guys who shot me, if you don't forgive them, you end up with unnecessary baggage. ~ Gerry Adams
72 quotes by Gerry Adams
Don't touch my junk, you airport security goon
my package belongs to no one but me, and do you really think I'm a Nigerian nut job preparing for my 72-virgin orgy by blowing my johnson to kingdom come? ~ Charles Krauthammer
72 quotes by Charles Krauthammer
Relaxing is important; I would like to do more! Golf is a pretty good attempt, but good television, I find, is a great way to chill out and let it do the thinking for you. As long as the programme has got some substance and is well made, happy as a par round of 72! ~ Mark Hadlow
72 quotes by Mark Hadlow
The Rule of 72 is useful in determining how fast money will grow. Take the annual return from any investment, expressed as a percentage, and divide it into 72. The result is the number of years it will take to double your money. ~ Peter Lynch
72 quotes by Peter Lynch
I knew what I was getting into: 72-ounce steaks, shakes by the quart, atomic wings. When I landed 'Man v. Food' in 2008, I accepted the fact that my weight would fluctuate. But instead of stressing about the scale, I made my long-term health a primary concern. ~ Adam Richman
72 quotes by Adam Richman
Seventy-two virgins - does that make sense to anyone? And it's an ancient religion, maybe it was misinterpreted? Maybe it's not 72 virgins, maybe it's a 7-foot-2 Persian. ~ Greg Giraldo
72 quotes by Greg Giraldo
Jimmy Carter, who embraced all manner of schemes to make America a second or third-rate country, came down so squarely in favor of the double nickel [the 55 mph National Speed Limit] ... This is the same Jimmy Carter whose limosine with him in it, just a little later in his presidency, was timed at an average of 72 mph for the 21.5 mile trip from Detroit Metro to the Detroit Plaza Hotel. He didn't want to be late for a campaign appearance. ~ Patrick Bedard
72 quotes by Patrick Bedard
In response to the question "Do you favor or oppose making sharia law, or Islamic law, the official law of the land in our country?" the nations with the five largest Muslim populations - Indonesia (204 million), Pakistan (178 million), Bangladesh (149 million), Egypt (80 million), and Nigeria (76 million) - showed overwhelming support for sharia. To be precise, 72 percent of Indonesian Muslims, 84 percent of Pakistani Muslims, 82 percent of Bangladeshi Muslims, 74 percent of Egyptian Muslims, and 71 percent of Nigerian Muslims supported making sharia the state law of their respective societies. In two Islamic nations that are considered to be transitioning to democracy, the number of sharia supporters was even higher. Pew found that 91 percent of Iraqi Muslims and 99 percent of Afghan Muslims supported making sharia their country's official law. ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
72 quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
'Statistics' show that 66% of clients are cured with psychotherapy; what statistics don't show is that 72% are cured without it. ~ Thomas Szasz
72 quotes by Thomas Szasz
Death, Randa thought, elevated people. ~ Kelly Braffet
72 quotes by Kelly Braffet
Mitch McConnell, 72, is second only to Henry Clay as the state'€s most consequential public servant. McConnell's skills have been honed through five terms. He is, however - let us say the worst - not cuddly. National Review has said he has 'an owlish, tight-lipped public demeanor reminiscent of George Will.' Harsh. But true. ~ George Will
72 quotes by George Will
You jumped but I'm falling too. ~ August Wilson
72 quotes by August Wilson
Mr. McCleod: And if there's anything I want you guys to take with you from this class, as you're abusing your bodies over break, is three things: the heart is the body's strongest muscle, that the brain has more cells in it than our galaxy has stars, and that the body is 72% water. So wherever you go over vacation, don't get too dehydrated. ~ Laura Kasischke
72 quotes by Laura Kasischke
bug-out bag, or sometimes called a 72-hour bag or go bag, is designed to provide you with the essentials while you evacuate a disaster area. In all likelihood, you will have to evacuate on foot so your bag must be one that can be shouldered. Trying ~ Vitaly Pedchenko
72 quotes by Vitaly Pedchenko
Indeed, many adults don't consider having children at all until they've deemed themselves good and ready: in 2008, 72 percent of college-educated women between the ages of twenty-five and twenty-nine had not yet had children. ~ Jennifer Senior
72 quotes by Jennifer Senior
In '71 or '72 I returned to New Orleans and stayed there. I started cooking Louisiana food. Of all the things I had cooked, it was the best-and it was my heritage. ~ Paul Prudhomme
72 quotes by Paul Prudhomme
More bad news for the Taliban. Remember how they are promised 72 virgins when they die? Turns out that it's only one 72-year-old virgin. ~ Jay Leno
72 quotes by Jay Leno
I think that in Mexico, we must change some practices that were built during the 72 years of predominance in Mexico. Former presidents would just hide away, run away or disappear. And I think it's key in a democracy that presidents face people, see eye to eye to citizens and work to keep on contributing to the - to Mexico. ~ Vicente Fox
72 quotes by Vicente Fox
If there were a major earthquake in Los Angeles, with bridges and highways and railroads and airports all shut down and huge buildings collapsing, I don't care how much planning you do, the first 72 hours is going to be chaotic. ~ Warren Rudman
72 quotes by Warren Rudman
Death was sweetened for the martyrs by the promise of 72 virgins waiting in paradise. She had researched the 72 virgins. The number wasn't actually in the Quran but in the Hadith 2687, collected in the Book of Sunan. The Quran, in Sura 56, was vague on the point. And theirs shall be the dark-eyed houris, chaste as hidden pearls ... A new analysis translated houris from the Aramaic dialect Syriac as "white raisins", which put everything in a very different light. ~ Leslie Cockburn
72 quotes by Leslie Cockburn
You could reduce people's fears if you gave them some useful information before things went wrong. It's really important to create a sense of confidence in the public in their own abilities before a disaster because they're the only ones who are going to be there. No one's going to help you for at least 24 to 72 hours. So it would be good to know more about it. ~ Amanda Ripley
72 quotes by Amanda Ripley
PROBLEM 1. Assume yourself richer by $300 than you are today. You are offered a choice between A. A sure gain of $100, or [72%] B. A 50% chance to gain $200 and a 50% chance to lose $0. [28%] PROBLEM 2. Assume yourself richer by $500 than you are today. You are offered a choice between A. A sure loss of $100, or [36%] B. A 50% chance to lose $200 and a 50% chance to lose $0. ~ Richard H. Thaler
72 quotes by Richard H. Thaler
They have certainly disbelieved who say, "Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.( A translation of Quran,5:72) ~ Qur'an
72 quotes by Qur'an
"Perceive" is the word that became in the '72 campaign what "charisma" was for the 1960, '64 and even the '68 campaigns. "Perceive" is the new key word. When you say perceive you imply the difference between what the candidate is and the way the public or the voters see him. ~ Hunter S. Thompson
72 quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
The person you love is 72.8% water, and it hasn't rained for weeks. ~ Johan Harstad
72 quotes by Johan Harstad
I don't sit around and wait for great parts. I'm an actress, and I love being one, and I'll probably be doing it till I'm 72, standing around the back lot doing 'Gunsmoke.' ~ Suzanne Pleshette
72 quotes by Suzanne Pleshette
First of all, nobody gave us anything. It makes me furious when I hear that they gave us suffrage. Excuse me? It took 72 years of unrelenting, unbroken organizing grassroots effort to get women's suffrage. It took 113 years to get rid of child labor by law. It took similarly long periods of organized effort to accomplish any advance in social policy. ~ Gerda Lerner
72 quotes by Gerda Lerner
There was more to say, but he couldn't find the words. More to say about how different she was, how different she was making him. How differently the time passed whenever they were together. (72%) ~ Jessica Lemmon
72 quotes by Jessica Lemmon
You can see examples of this, such as where [George W.] Bush lied to the public, and as a result 72 percent of America was in favor of the Iraqi invasion. Yet now the truth has presented itself and they are trying to save face by appealing to the public's national-istic persona, talking about winning and honor and everything as a reason to continue that illegal immoral occupation. ~ Leonard Peltier
72 quotes by Leonard Peltier
I think if a 30-year-old Bill Cosby sat on stage with a 72-year-old Bill Cosby, they would enjoy each other. ~ Bill Cosby
72 quotes by Bill Cosby
The positive psychology field has taught us about the benefits of optimism and happiness. One study correlated the life spans of Major League Baseball players with their smiles. In 2010, researchers Ernest Abel and Michael Kruger analyzed 230 baseball cards from 1952, a time when cards featured athletes looking straight at the camera. The results will make you want to smile.
* Players not smiling had an average life span of 72.9 years.
* Players partially smiling had an average life span of 75.0 years.
* Players with a full smile had an average life span of 79.9 years. ~ Jim Afremow
72 quotes by Jim Afremow
I believe education should be a right for every child, but tragically in many parts of world it is a privilege for certain children whose parents have money. There are 72 million children in the world who don't go to school and many of them are in Africa. ~ George Weah
72 quotes by George Weah
In the Gulf War, U.S. Marine Corps wheeled vehicles were killing Iraqi T-72 tanks. ~ Ralph Peters
72 quotes by Ralph Peters
Tests showed cancer of the larynx and the doctor advised an operation immediately. I was informed that my larynx had to be removed completely. I heard about Dr Breuss and went to see him ... he prescribed the juice treatment ... By the time I had completed this juice treatment I felt fit and once again had a good appetite. Despite my 72 years I felt my old self again. ~ Jurgen Neukirch
72 quotes by Jurgen Neukirch
Italy's youngsters complain, apparently, about having to live at home until they are 72 but that's because they spend all their money on suits and coffee and Alfa Romeos rather than mortgages. ~ Jeremy Clarkson
72 quotes by Jeremy Clarkson
In 1945, there were 20,000 mosques in Turkey; in 1985, 72,000, and that number has since risen steadily, out of proportion to the population. ~ Robert D. Kaplan
72 quotes by Robert D. Kaplan
If you have a major disaster involving hundreds of thousands, or in this case millions of people, whether it be a natural disaster or an act of terrorism, the first 72 hours are going to be totally chaotic no matter what you plan to do. ~ Warren Rudman
72 quotes by Warren Rudman
I always liked fog, it lends such a soft, beautifying light to things that otherwise in the broad glare of day would be rude and commonplace. ~ Nellie Bly
72 quotes by Nellie Bly
This has been one of the more comedic aspects of this 72 hours - watching a cavalcade of extremely wealthy pundits, editorialists and political operatives from New York and Washington tell me how rural Americans won't stand for this. ~ Josh Marshall
72 quotes by Josh Marshall
Today there are about 40 million retirees receiving benefits; by the time all the baby boomers have retired, there will be more than 72 million retirees drawing Social Security benefits. ~ Tony Snow
72 quotes by Tony Snow
We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen. ~ Barack Obama
72 quotes by Barack Obama
consider the fact that a journey from New York to Chicago by stagecoach would have taken three weeks or more in 1847. By 1857, that same trip by rail would have taken 72 hours.12 ~ Jeremy Rifkin
72 quotes by Jeremy Rifkin
It's April 15, tax day. The federal tax code is over 74,000 pages long. But stick with it because after page 72,000, it gets really good. ~ Conan O'Brien
72 quotes by Conan O'Brien
As Luxenberg's work has only recently been published we must await its scholarly assessment before we can pass any judgements. But if his analysis is correct then suicide bombers, or rather prospective martyrs, would do well to abandon their culture of death, and instead concentrate on getting laid 72 times in this world, unless of course they would really prefer chilled or white raisins, according to their taste, in the next. ~ Ibn Warraq
72 quotes by Ibn Warraq
In Indiana, the Affordable Care Act will raise the average cost of health insurance in the individual market by an unaffordable 72 percent. ~ Mike Pence
72 quotes by Mike Pence
When you die at 72, no matter what you die of, it's natural causes. Even if you get hit by a truck, it's natural causes. 'Cause if you was younger, you'd have got out the way! ~ Chris Rock
72 quotes by Chris Rock
The purification of the mind is very necessary. (72) ~ Swami Satchidananda
72 quotes by Swami Satchidananda
If I already intuitively "get" what you're trying to tell me, why should I obsess about remembering it? The danger, of course, is that what sounds like common sense often isn't ... It's your job, as a communicator, to expose the parts of your message that are uncommon sense.
(p.72) ~ Chip Heath
72 quotes by Chip Heath
Fitness trainers will tell you that arm lifts with light weights can prevent wiggle waggle. But if that were true, would Jane Fonda have it? This is hard-body Jane, the woman who, back in the '80s, produced the best-selling workout videos. When she was 72, she made two more, though they included things like exercises for arthritic hands (and wore a leotard that covered her arms). ~ Anonymous
72 quotes by Anonymous
I've had moments where I didn't hit the ball very good coming in, and you've got to turn it around. That's the whole idea of practicing and really working on being focused on what I'm doing and being committed to what I'm doing. I know what the fix is and I've proven it to myself, and it's just a matter of going out there and executing it consistently over 72 holes. ~ Tiger Woods
72 quotes by Tiger Woods
Most men die at 27, we just bury them at 72 ~ Mark Twain
72 quotes by Mark Twain
In Winter, [the Antarctic] is perhaps the dreariest of places. Our base, Little America, lay in a bowl of ice, near the edge of the Ross Ice Barrier. The temperature fell as low as 72 degrees below zero. One could actually hear one's breath freeze. ~ Richard E. Byrd
72 quotes by Richard E. Byrd
Kim Kardashian's marriage to Kris Humphries famously lasted 72 days, and was reported in the tabloids as being all about the big bucks paid by magazines for the bridal photos: it is a spectacle of a bride-to-be as entrepreneur, not as romantic heroine; the groom, in this scenario, is nothing but a prop. ~ Naomi Wolf
72 quotes by Naomi Wolf
Day 72
I remember oranges and you don't mind me leaving the queue momentarily to find some. When you say, Of course, you reach for my arm in sympathy and recognition. This may be the thing that breaks me today, that stops me in my tracks before driving me forward, turning a corner, making something work, letting everything happen. When I return, you're touching my yoghurts, reading the ingredients, as though you are making them yours, protecting them in my absence and amusing yourself with the cherry-ness of them. On days like this, I want to take my strangers home with me. ~ Gemma Seltzer
72 quotes by Gemma Seltzer
If I stay in Washington for more than 72 hours, I have to bathe myself in the same stuff I use when my dog gets into a fight with a skunk. ~ Brian Schweitzer
72 quotes by Brian Schweitzer
The unsurprising idea that luck often contributes to success has surprising consequences when we apply it to the first two days of a high-level golf tournament. To keep things simple, assume that on both days the average score of the competitors was at par 72. We focus on a player who did very well on the first day, closing with a score of 66. What can we ~ Daniel Kahneman
72 quotes by Daniel Kahneman
You are not exposed to one chemical at a time, but a complex mixture of chemicals that changes day by day, hour by hour, depending on where you are and the environment you are in ... In the United States alone it is estimated that over 72,000 different chemicals are used regularly. Two thousand five hundred new chemicals are introduced annually-and of these, only 15 are partially tested for their safety. Not one of the chemicals in use today has been adequately tested for these intergenerational effects that are initiated in the womb. ~ Theo Colborn
72 quotes by Theo Colborn
I was starting to understand that the more you talked about something the less it hurt, each telling deflating it a little bit more. That was why we had to say it out loud at the beginning of every meeting: My name is Delia and I'm an addict. It was so we could stop flinching and just live with it. (72) ~ Wendy Blackburn
72 quotes by Wendy Blackburn
As it now stands, I Enoch appears to consist of the following five major divisions:
(1) The Book of the Watchers (chaps. 1-36);
(2) The Book of the Similitudes (chaps. 37-7l)-,
(3) The Book of Astronomical Writings (chaps. 72-82);
(4) The Book of Dream Visions (chaps. 83-90); and
(5) The Book of the Epistle of Enoch (chaps. 91-107). ~ Craig A. Evans
72 quotes by Craig A. Evans
I'm a human being, I'm not a machine. I'm 72. I'm dyslexic. ~ Robert Blake
72 quotes by Robert Blake
New clothes are a great way to deal after a breakup. A good mix CD also helps you get through it and ... you know, 72 hours of ice cream. ~ Jennifer Love Hewitt
72 quotes by Jennifer Love Hewitt
Glanced ostentatiously at my bangle. Blood alcohol content .01%, heart rate leveling off at 72 beats per minute, time 11:42 p.m. ~ Elizabeth Bear
72 quotes by Elizabeth Bear
The Youth Vote
But there are not many people in Washington who take this motion of the "youth vote" very seriously. Not even the candidates. The thinking here is that the young people who vote for the first time in '72 will split more or less along the same old lines as their parents, and that the addition of 25 million new (potential) votes means just another sudden mass that will have to be absorbed into the same old patterns... just another big wave of new immigrants who don't know the score yet, but who will learn it soon enough, so why worry? ~ Hunter S. Thompson
72 quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
There's no way that I could have known about a 72-oz. steak challenge in Amarillo unless thousands upon thousands of locals and travellers alike had attempted it. I guess if 'Man V Food' is me paying homage to these legends, then I suppose 'Man V Food Nation' is the legacy. ~ Adam Richman
72 quotes by Adam Richman
In the early 1970s. 1971, '72. The rooms were closing down, record labels weren't signing acoustic acts any more. Although they had been pretty much been getting out of that for some time before that. ~ Dave Van Ronk
72 quotes by Dave Van Ronk
There's this huge controversy over the fact that President Bush apparently received credit for National Guard service in Alabama in '72 and '73 even though his commanding officers are saying he never reported. I think what's even more disturbing is that he received enough credits to graduate from Yale. ~ Jay Leno
72 quotes by Jay Leno
I'm collateral damage. I'm road kill. And in 72 hours, nobody is going to remember who I am nor are they going to care. ~ Eric Massa
72 quotes by Eric Massa
I think kids growing up, if they were picked on and feeling inferior at 12, they're going to feel that way at 72. You just deal with it better. I'm serious. ~ Sylvester Stallone
72 quotes by Sylvester Stallone
I believe in just enriching the economy. And we're leaving so much on the table, 72 percent of the planet. ~ Robert Ballard
72 quotes by Robert Ballard
Many people profess a belief in the existence of a spiritual realm, often aligning with their religious training or background. (Recent surveys indicate that, on average, between 48 percent and 59 percent of Europeans claim to believe in an afterlife, while between 72 percent and 74 percent of people in the United States assert a belief in life after death.) But when confronted with the loss of a child, a spouse, or another deeply loved person, one may find that his or her belief set is deeply challenged, and some suffer a crisis of faith. ~ Mark Ireland
72 quotes by Mark Ireland
In souls, there is no illness caused by evilness [ἀπὸ κακίας] that is impossible to cure [ἀδύνατον θεραπευθῆναι] for God the Logos, who is superior to all." (CC 8.72) ~ Origen
72 quotes by Origen
I don't know of a soul who packed more living into 72 years than Charles Lindbergh did. ~ A. Scott Berg
72 quotes by A. Scott Berg
I vow to ingest only items that preserve well-being, peace, and joy in my body and my consciousness ... Practicing a diet is the essence of this precept. Wars and bombs are the products of our consciousness individually and collectively. Our collective consciousness has so much violence, fear, craving, and hatred in it, it can manifest in wars and bombs. The bombs are the product of our fear ... Removing the bombs is not enough. Even if we could transport all the bombs to a distant planet, we would still not be safe, because the roots of the wars and the bombs are still intact in our collective consciousness. Transforming the toxins in our collective consciousness is the true way to uproot war (72-73). ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
72 quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh
Hymn to Mercury : Continued

Sudden he changed his plan, and with strange skill
Subdued the strong Latonian, by the might
Of winning music, to his mightier will;
His left hand held the lyre, and in his right
The plectrum struck the chords - unconquerable
Up from beneath his hand in circling flight
The gathering music rose - and sweet as Love
The penetrating notes did live and move

Within the heart of great Apollo - he
Listened with all his soul, and laughed for pleasure.
Close to his side stood harping fearlessly
The unabashed boy; and to the measure
Of the sweet lyre, there followed loud and free
His joyous voice; for he unlocked the treasure
Of his deep song, illustrating the birth
Of the bright Gods, and the dark desert Earth:

And how to the Immortals every one
A portion was assigned of all that is;
But chief Mnemosyne did Maia's son
Clothe in the light of his loud melodies; -
And, as each God was born or had begun,
He in their order due and fit degrees
Sung of his birth and being - and did move
Apollo to unutterable love.

These words were winged with his swift delight:
'You heifer-stealing schemer, well do you
Deserve that fifty oxen should requite
Such minstrelsies as I have heard even now.
Comrade of feasts, little contriving wight,
One of your secrets I wou ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
72 quotes by Percy Bysshe Shelley
Being young isn't about age, it's about being a free spirit. You can meet someone of 20 who's boring and old, or you can meet someone of 70 who's youthful and exciting. I met Fred Astaire when he was 72 and I was 21, and I fell in love with him. He certainly was a free spirit. ~ Twiggy
72 quotes by Twiggy
In the United States, the most recent survey by the Federal Reserve, which covers the same years, indicates that the top decile own 72 percent of America's wealth, while the bottom half claim just 2 percent. ~ Thomas Piketty
72 quotes by Thomas Piketty
Through the judicious employment of symbols, diagrams, and calculations, mathematics enables us to acquire significant facts about extremely significant things (universal laws, even), not by first forging out into the cosmos with teams of scientists, but rather from the comforts and confines of coffee tables in our living rooms! p. 72 ~ G. Arnell Williams
72 quotes by G. Arnell Williams
There's already been some trouble for Osama bin Laden in the afterlife. There was a mix up and he was greeted by 72 vegans. ~ David Letterman
72 quotes by David Letterman
A 2013 study by Riley Dunlap and political scientist Peter Jacques found that a striking 72 percent of climate denial books, mostly published since the 1990s, were linked to right-wing think tanks, a figure that rises to 87 percent if self-published books (increasingly common) are excluded.23 ~ Naomi Klein
72 quotes by Naomi Klein
I know where I am going now with art. I have found myself. Yvonne Rust 1994, aged 72. ~ Theresa Sjoquist
72 quotes by Theresa Sjoquist
Paul McCartney had a baby when he was 61; Rod Stewart was 66; Rupert Murdoch was a stunning 72. Not only does that mean they'll have less stamina than the average dad, that means they'll, well, check out a lot sooner too. ~ Jeffrey Kluger
72 quotes by Jeffrey Kluger
Anabolic steroids were not banned until after the 72 Olympics. ~ Bill Toomey
72 quotes by Bill Toomey
The total dividend income declared in 1995 by the bottom 9.7 million Canadian tax-filers (47% of all those submitting tax returns) was $310 million. The estimated dividend income received by the Thomson family in 1995 from its 72% ownership share of the Thomson Corporation and its 22% ownership share of the Hudson's Bay Company was $310 million. ~ Jim Stanford
72 quotes by Jim Stanford
Another grave fault in our election system is that the campaigns are unduly strung out. [Election Administration in the United States, 1934, page 72] ~ Joseph P. Harris
72 quotes by Joseph P. Harris
John McCain turned 72 years old last Friday, but the Chinese are making him a birth certificate that says he's only 33 and then he'll be ready to go. ~ David Letterman
72 quotes by David Letterman
Therefore the words in Psalm 72:7: "In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth," must not be explained as signifying such earthly peace as the world enjoyed under Caesar Augustus, as many believe, but "peace with God," or spiritual peace. ~ Martin Luther
72 quotes by Martin Luther
They tell us the people we love are 72.8% water-
there is no such thing as crying,
we are only trying to turn ourselves inside out.
This is a noble pursuit. ~ Lewis Mundt
72 quotes by Lewis Mundt
When its 100 degrees in New York, it's 72 in Los Angeles. When its 30 degrees in New York, in Los Angeles it's still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and only 72 in Los Angeles. ~ Neil Simon
72 quotes by Neil Simon
I can't go more than 72 hours without shopping, but I don't think I'm excessive. ~ Hilary Duff
72 quotes by Hilary Duff
HAMLET To be or not to be - that is the question: 64 Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer 65 The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, 66 Or to take arms against a sea of troubles 67 And, by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep - 68 No more - and by a sleep to say we end 69 The heartache and the thousand natural shocks 70 That flesh is heir to - 'tis a consummation 71 Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep - 72 To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub, 73 For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, 74 When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, ~ William Shakespeare
72 quotes by William Shakespeare
The thrills, the turmoil, the passion, the stunning surprises of that roller coaster ride in '72 caused our emotions to run wild ~ Harry Sinden
72 quotes by Harry Sinden
Try to keep your rest periods between sets down to a minute or less. In the first minute after a weight-training exercise you recover 72 percent of your strength, and by 3 minutes you have recovered all you are going to recover without extended rest. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
72 quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
713 Quotes «
» 73 Quotes