29 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 29.

Quotes About 29

Enjoy collection of 100 29 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 29. Righ click to see and save pictures of 29 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

When I stopped viewing girls as potential girlfriends and started treating them as sisters in Christ, I discovered the richness of true friendship. When I stopped worrying about who I was going to marry and began to trust God's timing, I uncovered the incredible potential of serving God as a single. . . .

I believe the time has come for Christians, male and female, to own up to the mess we've left behind in our selfish pursuit of short-term romance. Dating may seem an innocent game, but as I see it, we are sinning against each other. What excuse will we have when God asks us to account for our actions and attitudes in relationships? If God sees a sparrow fall (Matthew 10:29), do you think He could possibly overlook the broken hearts and scarred emotions we cause in relationships based on selfishness?

Everyone around us may be playing the dating game. But at the end of our lives, we won't answer to everyone. We'll answer to God. . . .

Long before Seventeen magazine ever gave teenagers tips on dating, people did things very differently.

At the turn of the twentieth century, a guy and girl became romantically involved only if they planned to marry. If a young man spent time at a girl's home, family and friends assumed that he intended to propose to her. But shifting attitudes in culture and the arrival of the automobile brought radical changes. The new "rules" allowed people to indulge in all the thrills of romantic love without having ~ Joshua Harris
29 quotes by Joshua Harris
When I was young, I was 13 going on 31. Then when I was 30 going on 31, I was 30 going on 29. Now I'm in love and I've lost all sense of time - and all the rest of my sense. ~ Jarod Kintz
29 quotes by Jarod Kintz
You can't help noticing that since abandoning its faith in the unseen world Europe seems also to have lost its faith in the seen one. Consider this poll taken in 2002 for the first anniversary of September 11: 61 percent of Americans said they were optimistic about the future, as opposed to 43 percent of Canadians, 42 percent of Britons, 29 percent of the French, 23 percent of Russians, and 15 percent of Germans. I wouldn't reckon those numbers will get any cheerier over the years. ~ Mark Steyn
29 quotes by Mark Steyn
I didn't become an actor until I was an old man of 28 or 29. I declared to the world that I was an actor. Nobody heard me, but I did declare it. ~ Peter Falk
29 quotes by Peter Falk
For I know the plans for you" declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ Anonymous
29 quotes by Anonymous
As a 29-year-old, the only thing that I can possibly think is that if I'm still performing at 50, it's because I'll have had disastrous marriages and I have to pay for them. ~ Robbie Williams
29 quotes by Robbie Williams
The same objections lie against the doctrine of the world having originated from atoms. For on that doctrine one atom when combining with another must, as it is not made up of parts, enter into the combination with its whole extent, and as thus no increase of bulk takes place we do not get beyond the first atom If, on the other hand, you maintain that the atom enters into the combination with a part only, you offend against the assumption of the atoms having no parts.

Brahma-sûtras, 2e Adhyâya, 1er Pâda, sûtra 29 ~ Adi Shankaracharya
29 quotes by Adi Shankaracharya
Every man possesses that which is according to the image of God, for the gifts of God are irrevocable (Rom. 11:29). But only a few ? those who are virtuous and holy, and have imitated the goodness of God to the limit of human powers ? possess that which is according to the likeness of God. ~ John Of Damascus
29 quotes by John Of Damascus
A Conference Board survey released in January of 2010 found that only 45 percent of workers surveyed were happy at their jobs, the lowest in 22 years of polling.2 Depression rates today are ten times higher than they were in 1960.3 Every year the age threshold of unhappiness sinks lower, not just at universities but across the nation. Fifty years ago, the mean onset age of depression was 29.5 years old. Today, it is almost exactly half that: 14.5 years old. ~ Shawn Achor
29 quotes by Shawn Achor
The possible or impossible for Allah Most High involves the divine attribute of qudra or omnipotence, "what He can do". This attribute in turn relates exclusively to the intrinsically possible, not to what is intrinsically impossible, as Allah says, "Verily Allah has power over every thing" (Qur'an 20:29), "thing" being something that in principle can exist. For example, if one asks "Can Allah create square circle?" the answer is that His omnipotence does not relate to it, for a square circle does not refer to anything that in principle could exist: the speaker does not have a distinct idea of what he means, but is merely using a jumble of words.
"On the validity of all religions in the thought of ibn Al-'Arabi and Emir 'Abd al-Qadir: a letter to `Abd al-Matin ~ Nuh Ha Mim Keller
29 quotes by Nuh Ha Mim Keller
One of these fellows had crawled out from under the porch of the house at 29 Neibolt Street one day and had offered to give Eddie a blowjob for a quarter. ~ Stephen King
29 quotes by Stephen King
29 And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. 30 Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus. ~ Anonymous
29 quotes by Anonymous
I would say that my peak was making my first million at the ripe age of 29, after the first album. ~ Anita Baker
29 quotes by Anita Baker
I'm stupid. Stupidity makes me human!
.29. ~ Nova Riyanti Yusuf
29 quotes by Nova Riyanti Yusuf
Stress is when you're 29 years old, playing for Rochdale, with an expiring contract and a mortgage to pay. ~ John Gregory
29 quotes by John Gregory
Always beware of the fact, that the only thing hindering an all out revolution is your fear of losing the scraps they throw at you.
Twitter post, July 29, 2012 ~ Gore Vidal
29 quotes by Gore Vidal
There's not a woman in the book, the plot hinges on unkindness to animals, and the black characters mostly drown by Chapter 29. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
29 quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
God gets us through stuff. Through the Red Sea onto dry ground (Ex. 14:22), through the wilderness (Deut. 29:5), through the valley of the shadow of death (Ps. 23:4), and through the deep sea (Ps. 77:19). Through is a favorite word of God's: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. (Isa. 43:2)1 ~ Max Lucado
29 quotes by Max Lucado
I cannot, of course, prove that there is no supervising deity who invigilates my every moment
and who will pursue me even after I am dead. (I can only be happy that there is no evidence for
such a ghastly idea, which would resemble a celestial North Korea in which liberty was not just
impossible but inconceivable.) But nor has any theologian ever demonstrated the contrary. This
would perhaps make the believer and the doubter equal - except that the believer claims to know,
not just that God exists, but that his most detailed wishes are not merely knowable but actually
known. Since religion drew its first breath when the species lived in utter ignorance and
considerable fear, I hope I may be forgiven for declining to believe that another human being can
tell me what to do, in the most intimate details of my life and mind, and to further dictate these
terms as if acting as proxy for a supernatural entity. This tyrannical idea is very much older than
P a g e | 5 of 29
Christianity, of course, but I do sometimes think that Christians have less excuse for believing, let
alone wishing, that such a horrible thing could be true. ~ Christopher Hitchens
29 quotes by Christopher Hitchens
I have found a shaft, going 29 meters [95 feet, approximately] vertically down into the ground, exactly halfway between the Chefren Pyramid and the Sphinx. At the bottom, which was filled with water, we have found a burial chamber with four pillars. In the middle is a large granite sarcophagus which I expect to be the grave of Osiris, the god, ~ Zahi Hawass
29 quotes by Zahi Hawass
Are not two sparrows sold for only a penny? But not one of them falls to the ground without your Father knowing it. ~ Holy Bible Matthew 10 29
29 quotes by Holy Bible Matthew 10 29
I said we are going to balance an $11 billion budget deficit in a $29 billion budget, so by percentage, the largest budget deficit in America, by percentage, larger than California, larger than New York, larger than Illinois. And we're going to balance that without raising taxes on the people of the state of New Jersey. ~ Chris Christie
29 quotes by Chris Christie
It is the way of our species that when one mate dies the other follows," Fane told her.
"Oh, my gosh!" Sally exclaimed. "That is so freaking romantic! Or depressing it's all in how you look at it. Do you have any cousins?" she asked him hopefully.
Loftis, Quinn (2011-06-29). Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series Book 1) (Kindle Locations 2150-2152). Kindle Edition. ~ Quinn Loftis
29 quotes by Quinn Loftis
Would That All Yahweh's People Were Prophets!(Numbers 11:29) ~ Megan McKenna
29 quotes by Megan McKenna
The Bible account of man's creation is that God created him perfect and upright, an earthly image of himself; that man sought out various inventions and defiled himself (Gen. 1:27; Rom. 5:12; Eccl. 7:29); that, all being sinners, the race was unable to help itself, and none could by any means redeem his brother or give to God a ransom for him (Psa. 49: 7, 15); that God in compassion and love had made provision for this; that, accordingly, the Son of God became a man, and gave man's ransom-price; that, as a reward for this sacrifice, and in order to the completion of the great work of atonement, he was highly exalted, even to the divine nature; and that in due time he will bring to pass a restitution of the race to the original perfection and to every blessing then possessed. These things are clearly taught in the Scriptures, from beginning to end, and are in direct opposition to the Evolution theory; or, rather, such 'babblings of science, falsely so called,' are in violent and irreconcilable conflict with the Word of God. ~ Charles Taze Russell
29 quotes by Charles Taze Russell
In a series of three studies, the offenders who claimed they were abused as a child were 67 percent, 65 percent, and 61 percent without the threat of a polygraph. With polygraph (and conditional immunity), the offenders who claimed they were abused as children were 29 percent, 32 percent, and 30 percent, respectively. The polygraph groups reported approximately half the amount of victimization as children as the nonpolygraph groups did.
Nonetheless, the notion that most offenders were victims has spread throughout the field of sexual abuse and is strangely comforting for most professionals. ~ Anna C. Salter
29 quotes by Anna C. Salter
Mind control survivors have identified doctors used by the CIA under Project MKULTRA as having used different aliases. I have personally spoken and corresponded with many of these child Cold War survivors. It seems colors were one of the most commonly used themes. Many survivors have identified Josef Mengele as using the aliases Dr. Green, Dr. Black, Dr. Swartz (black in German), Father Joseph, or Vaterchen (daddy) when he did their programming. The experiments and programming he used on us were of such a heinous nature, that they were not unlike some of those performed at Auschwitz.

In 1937, Mengele was appointed research assistant at the Third Reich Institute for Heredity, Biology, and Racial Purity. Mengele provided "experimental materials" to the Kaiser-Wilhelm Institute of Anthropology from twins including eyes, blood, and other body parts from Auschwitz. Mengele fled Auschwitz in January 1945 before the Russians liberated the camp. French government documents state that the Americans captured Mengele in 1946. According to the French, Mengele "was released without explanation by the Americans on November 19, 1946." The French claimed that American authorities confirmed the Mengele arrest and release on Feb. 29, 1947. ~ Carol Rutz
29 quotes by Carol Rutz
Nowadays the rights of one scumbag are considered far more important than the collective right of 29 others to be taught without being distracted. ~ Frank Chalk
29 quotes by Frank Chalk
She said the word often enough, and there could be no doubt that she meant to say it; but if the often repeated word had been hate instead of love - despair - revenge - dire death - it could not have sounded from her lips more like a curse. (29.88) ~ Charles Dickens
29 quotes by Charles Dickens
The book of Proverbs teaches this truth: 'Where there is no vision, the people perish' (Proverbs 29:18). If we are to prosper rather than perish, we must gain a vision of ourselves as the Savior sees us. ~ O. Vincent Haleck
29 quotes by O. Vincent Haleck
I've been dating younger men since my 20s, When I was 29, I dated someone 21 ... younger men are just more fun. I like their energy. I've always been kind of young for my age. ~ Dana Delany
29 quotes by Dana Delany
It has today occurred to me that an amplifier using semiconductors rather than vacuum is in principle possible.
[Laboratory notebook, 29 Dec 1939.] ~ William Shockley
29 quotes by William Shockley
I tried being 29, and it worked for about a year, but finally I just had to get rid of it. ~ Jarod Kintz
29 quotes by Jarod Kintz
In Russia, war will never be popular with the profound masses of people. Revolutionary ideas are more in their taste than a victory over Germany. But one does not escape one's destiny... - Russian Minister of the Interior, Nikolai Maklakov, on 29 July 1914. ~ Nikolai Maklakov
29 quotes by Nikolai Maklakov
In neighborhoods without a usable park or playground, the incidence of childhood obesity increases by 29 percent. ~ Darell Hammond
29 quotes by Darell Hammond
Mainstream Islamic jurisprudence continues to hold that the sword verses (9:5 and also 9:29) have "abrogated, canceled, and replaced" those verses that call for "tolerance, compassion, and peace."32 ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
29 quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
I'm certainly a young actor. I'm certainly those two things. Actually, I'm not even young anymore; I'm 29. So, I'm an actor. ~ Domhnall Gleeson
29 quotes by Domhnall Gleeson
He touched their eyes, saying, "Let it be done for you according to your faith!" Matthew 9:29 ~ Beth Moore
29 quotes by Beth Moore
You know, it's about getting out there and having a good time. Not about worrying - all these young books for women are like I'm 29 with a closet full of Prada shoes and I can't get a date. Come on. ~ Aisha Tyler
29 quotes by Aisha Tyler
No realm was too petty: The Ministry of Posts ruled that henceforth when trying to spell a word over the telephone a caller could no longer say "D as in David," because "David" was a Jewish name. The caller had to use "Dora." "Samuel" became "Siegfried." And so forth. "There has been nothing in social history more implacable, more heartless and more devastating than the present policy in Germany against the Jews," Consul General Messersmith told Undersecretary Phillips in a long letter dated September 29, 1933. He wrote, "It is definitely the aim of the Government, no matter what it may say to the outside or in Germany, to eliminate the Jews from German life. ~ Erik Larson
29 quotes by Erik Larson
It made him proud that 29 months in the service had not blunted his genius for ineptitude. ~ Joseph Heller
29 quotes by Joseph Heller
It's like this. Sometimes, when you've a very long street ahead of you, you think how terribly long it is and feel sure you'll never get it swept. And then you start to hurry. You work faster and faster and every time you look up there seems to be just as much left to sweep as before, and you try even harder, and you panic, and in the end you're out of breath and have to stop
and still the street stretches away in front of you. That's not the way to do it.
You must never think of the whole street at once, understand? You must only concentrate on the next step, the next breath, the next stroke of the broom, and the next, and the next. Nothing else.
That way you enjoy your work, which is important, because then you make a good job of it. And that's how it ought to be.
And all at once, before you know it, you find you've swept the whole street clean, bit by bit. what's more, you aren't out of breath. That's important, too ... (28-29) ~ Michael Ende
29 quotes by Michael Ende
Each of these men illustrates the true meaning of worship. They feared the Lord and maintained their rightful position before Him in their hearts. They were so devoted to the Lord that their worship continued even in extremely difficult circumstances. Those who simply "draw near with their words" and whose reverence for Him "consists of tradition learned by rote" (Isaiah 29:13) have no understanding of real worship. Although they may experience a certain vague sense of His presence as they sing hymns and choruses, their revelation of Him will be extremely superficial. ~ Steve Gallagher
29 quotes by Steve Gallagher
By the time I was 29 I'd spent eight years with someone else's group of friends. I had no idea what it was like to be a woman with mates of her own to socialize with. ~ Rachel Hunter
29 quotes by Rachel Hunter
Islamic jihadists making sacrifices tended to create gruesome headlines.--Titus Ray, Chapter 29 ~ Luana Ehrlich
29 quotes by Luana Ehrlich
Understanding God's Word is an essential ingredient of wisdom, which is the ability to apply God's truth to life's complexities. Having wisdom does not mean that you understand all of God's
ways; it means that you respond to life God's way (Deut. 29:29). The better you know the Bible, the wiser you will be and the more effectively you will deal with conflict. ~ Ken Sande
29 quotes by Ken Sande
From 1929 to 1933, [age 25-29] I lived almost continuously in Berlin, with only occasional visits to other parts of Germany and to England. Already, during that time, I had made up my mind that I would one day write about the people I'd met and the experiences I was having. So I kept a detailed diary, which in due course provided raw material for all my Berlin stories. [from preface] ~ Christopher Isherwood
29 quotes by Christopher Isherwood
The earliest dated monument yet discovered in Tikal and all of the Maya lowlands, Stela 29, has a Long Count date of 8.12.14.13.15, which translates to A.D. 292. ~ David Roberts
29 quotes by David Roberts
Then I Curt - a mirage in the distance. He's leaning against my locker surrounded by a small group of senior Goth kids. They're gathered around him in the same manner people gather around a gruesome car accident, gaping unbashedly, black figures profiled against red lockers, staring in a daze at what they could become(Going 29-30). ~ K.L. Going
29 quotes by K.L. Going
Job 29 is about Job reflecting on his past before the calamity hit him to say this is the type of man I was. So, you want to know what God calls perfect and upright? Read Job 29, and you will understand what kind of man God esteems. ~ Eric Ludy
29 quotes by Eric Ludy
The revealed things belong to us and our children forever, so that we may follow all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:29 ~ Beth Moore
29 quotes by Beth Moore
the causes of poverty as put forth in the Bible are remarkably balanced. The Bible gives us a matrix of causes. One factor is oppression, which includes a judicial system weighted in favor of the powerful (Leviticus 19:15), or loans with excessive interest (Exodus 22:25-27), or unjustly low wages (Jeremiah 22:13; James 5:1-6). Ultimately, however, the prophets blame the rich when extremes of wealth and poverty in society appear (Amos 5:11-12; Ezekiel 22:29; Micah 2:2; Isaiah 5:8). As we have seen, a great deal of the Mosaic legislation was designed to keep the ordinary disparities between the wealthy and the poor from becoming aggravated and extreme. Therefore, whenever great disparities arose, the prophets assumed that to some degree it was the result of selfish individualism rather than concern with the common good. ~ Timothy J. Keller
29 quotes by Timothy J. Keller
But the single most remarkable and defining moment of the past 500 years came at 05:29:45 on 16 July 1945. At that precise second, American scientists detonated the first atomic bomb at Alamogordo, New Mexico. From that point onward, humankind had the capability not only to change the course of history, but to end it. The ~ Yuval Noah Harari
29 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
They had to call and call
And pick the worms off me like sticky pearls.
From the poem "Lady Lazarus", written 23-29 October 1962 ~ Sylvia Plath
29 quotes by Sylvia Plath
Repentance is not merely turning away from your sin but turning to the Lamb who takes away your sin. "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". 1 John 1:29 ~ John Paul Warren
29 quotes by John Paul Warren
One poll shows that by 61 percent to 29 percent Americans under 40 say that Social Security needs to be fixed. ~ Virginia Foxx
29 quotes by Virginia Foxx
I'm 32 years old and I'm tired. It's because I haven't drank enough coffee. If I had, I'd probably only be 29. ~ Jarod Kintz
29 quotes by Jarod Kintz
She sat in her room on the couch my parents had given up on and worked on hardening herself. Take deep breaths and hold them. Try to stay still for longer and longer periods of time. Make yourself small and like a stone. Curl the edges of yourself up and fold them under where no one can see.

~pg 29, Susie's sister Lindsey dealing with grief. ~ Alice Sebold
29 quotes by Alice Sebold
Psalm 29:10 is another reminiscent literary reference to the ancient Egyptian heritage of the Jews' cow-worship faith ~ Ibrahim Ibrahim
29 quotes by Ibrahim Ibrahim
2001's production notes contain a number of startlingly prescient glimpses of the world we live in today. As of mid-1965, approximately the same time that the US Department of Defense was conceiving of the internet's direct predecessor, ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network), Kubrick's intrepid band of futurists had seemingly already visualized important aspects of the new technology's implications. One document sent from Tony Masters to Roger Caras on June 29 listed matter-of-factly - under a letterhead replete with the roaring MGM lion - nine props that he asked Caras to help him with. Number one was "2001 newspaper to be read on some kind of television screen. Should be designed television screen shape; i.e., wider than it is high. ~ Michael Benson
29 quotes by Michael Benson
It has been given to you on Christ's behalf not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him. Philippians 1:29 ~ Beth Moore
29 quotes by Beth Moore
If you keep the law of God, you are not described in Scripture as a pinched legalist, but rather as happy (Prov. 29:18). ~ Douglas Wilson
29 quotes by Douglas Wilson
Surely it wasn't possible that Vin diPietro was the first assignment.
"Hello?" DiPietro waved. "You in there?"
Nah, Jim thought. Can't be. That would be above and beyond any call of duty.
Over the guy's shoulder, the commercial that was on the TV suddenly showed a price of $49.99-no, $29.99, with a little red arrow that ... considering where Vin was standing, poined right at his head.
"Sh*t, no" Jim muttered. This was the guy?
On the Tv screen, some woman in a pink bathrobe smiled up at the camera and mouthed, Yes, it is! ~ J.R. Ward
29 quotes by J.R. Ward
No Arab country produces graduates who can compete with their East Asian counterparts; the only Muslim country whose graduates meet world standards is Turkey. University graduates throughout the Arab world have miserable prospects. "The average unemployment rate for the age group 15-24 years in the Group of Arab Countries reaches to 30%, compared with an average rate of world 14.4%," according to the Arab Labor Organization. "Problem [sic] of high unemployment rates among the educated graduates from universities and colleges, which reaches to 26.8% in Morocco and 19.3% in Algeria, 17.7 % in Jordan. It was noted that 94% of the unemployed in the Arab Republic of Egypt are in the age group 15-29 years, reflecting a lack of consistency of education plans to the needs of the Labor market."9 ~ David Goldman
29 quotes by David Goldman
A Rare Commodity A man's pride will bring him low, but a humble spirit will obtain honor. PROVERBS 29:23 Humility isn't a show we put on; in fact, if we think we're humble, we're probably not. And in our day of self-promotion, self-assertion, spotlighting "celebrities of the faith," and magnifying the flesh, this quality - so greatly valued by the Lord Jesus - is a rare commodity indeed ... A truly humble person looks for opportunities to give himself freely to others rather than holding back, to release rather than hoarding, to build up rather than tearing down, to serve rather than being served, to learn from others rather than clamoring for the teaching stand. How blessed are those who learn this early in life. Hope Again ~ Charles R. Swindoll
29 quotes by Charles R. Swindoll
I will only lead by guiding.
Religious Leader Petra Cecilia Maria Hermans
Religion of Blue Circle
Worldpoet 546
September 29, 2016 ~ Petra Hermans
29 quotes by Petra Hermans
Driving a hybrid car could save about one ton of carbon-dioxide emissions per year but adopting a plant-based diet would save nearly one and a half tons over a comparable period."

"If every American reduced chicken consumption by one meal per week, the carbon-dioxide savings would be equivalent to removing 500,000 cars form the road."

In a given year, "the number of animals killed to satisfy American palates is 8.6 billion, or 29 animals per average American meat eater. The total number of animals killed on land and sea was approximately 80 billion, or 270 per American meat and fish eater - making the average number of animals consumed in one American lifetime 21,000. ~ Gene Stone
29 quotes by Gene Stone
Human nature inclines us to have recourse to petition for the purpose of obtaining from another, especially from a person of higher rank, what we hope to receive from him. So prayer is recommended to men, that by it they may obtain from God what they hope to secure from Him. But the reason why prayer is necessary for obtaining something from a man is not the same as the reason for its necessity when there is question of obtaining a favor from God. Prayer is addressed to man, first, to lay bare the desire and the need of the petitioner, and secondly, to incline the mind of him to whom the prayer is addressed to grant the petition. These purposes have no place in the prayer that is sent up to God. When we pray we do not intend to manifest our needs or desires to God, for He knows all things. The Psalmist says to God: "Lord, all my desire is before Thee" and in the Gospel we are told: "Your Father knoweth that you have need of all these things." Again, the will of God is not influenced by human words to will what He had previously not willed. For, as we read in Numbers 23:19, "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor as the son of man, that He should be changed"; nor is God moved to repentance, as we are assured in 1 Kings 15:29. Prayer, then, for obtaining something from God, is necessary for man on account of the very one who prays, that he may reflect on his shortcomings and may turn his mind to desiring fervently and piously what he hopes to gain by his petition. In this wa ~ Thomas Aquinas
29 quotes by Thomas Aquinas
My first novel, 'Leaving Atlanta,' took at look at my hometown in the late 1970s, when the city was terrorized by a serial murderer that left at least 29 African-American children dead. ~ Tayari Jones
29 quotes by Tayari Jones
God has not given us the spirit of fear. He has given us the spirit of Love and a competent mind.
Love conquers fear, because Love has Power, that creates a competent mind, that allows a person to make rational decisions and use righteous judgment to resolve or solve problems.

Through this God-given process, we are able to endure and persevere in times of hardships, and when facing a crisis. When our spirit is broken by hate, and heavy loads are placed upon us, we turn to God for strength in our storms of life. And we seek his Love to restore us to wholeness. He restores us with Hope. From within him we receive Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance as it is noted in Galatians 5:22.

Because of God's Love for us, we are able to have the patience to wait for his Power to restore us so that we are in control of our mind to over-power fear and to lead a successful life to meet our goals and create a greater opportunity filled with his blessings.

He has created us to be a victorious people. Therefore, we are able to create far greater opportunities through Love.

God gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increases strength. (Isaiah 40:29)

When we are broken by the storms of life, God's Love restore us. We bow before him, in a humble spirit at his throne of grace, and ask in prayer for mercy and renewed strength. It is here that we find the needed strength t ~ Ellen J. Barrier
29 quotes by Ellen J. Barrier
When it's dark, be the one who turns on the light.
- Joseph, Age 9, Brooklyn, New York, November 29 ~ R.J. Palacio
29 quotes by R.J. Palacio
From the Far Eastern perspective, 29 is considered a very special age. ~ Frederick Lenz
29 quotes by Frederick Lenz
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" - MATTHEW 14:29 ~ Sarah Young
29 quotes by Sarah Young
Jesus Fulfills the Eternal Covenant

Scripture represents the Lord Jesus Christ, in all that He did and suffered for His people, as fulfilling the terms of a gracious compact or arrangement which He had entered into with His heavenly Father before the foundation of the world.

1. Jesus was sent into the world by the Father to save the people whom the Father had given to Him. Those given to Him by the Father come to Him (see and believe in Him), and none of them shall be lost. (John 6:35-40)

2. Jesus, as the good shepherd, lays down His life for His sheep. All who are "His sheep" are brought by Him into the fold and are made to hear His voice and follow Him. Notice that the Father had given the sheep to Christ! (John 10:11, 14-18, 24-29

3. Jesus, in His High Priestly Prayer, prays not for the world, but for those given to Him by the Father. In fulfillment of the Father's charge, Jesus had accomplished the work the Father had sent Him to do - to make God known to His people and to give them eternal life. (John 17:1-11, 20, 24-26)

pp. 45-48 ~ David N. Steele
29 quotes by David N. Steele
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. ~ Anonymous
29 quotes by Anonymous
I felt different at 29 because 29, to me, is 30. There are times when I still feel like an actual toddler in a grown-up - well, semi-grown-up - body. ~ Anna Kendrick
29 quotes by Anna Kendrick
My dragon decided that no one hurts his Jessa."

Eve, Jaymin (2015-01-29). Dragon Marked: Supernatural Prison #1 (p. 41). . Kindle Edition. ~ Jaymin Eve
29 quotes by Jaymin Eve
[19:28] MAV: So far, so good. NASA put a lot of thought into the procedures. They work. That's not to say they're easy. I spent the last 3 days removing Hull Panel 19 and the front window. Even in Mars-g they're heavy motherfuckers. [19:29] JOHANSSEN: When we pick you up, I will make wild, passionate love to you. Prepare your body. [19:29] JOHANSSEN: I didn't type that! That was Martinez! I stepped away from the console for like 10 seconds! [19:29] MAV: I've really missed you guys. ~ Andy Weir
29 quotes by Andy Weir
I don't want to leave you, but I love you too much to stay. ~ Rachael Lippincott
29 quotes by Rachael Lippincott
It's in every person's life, around 27 to 29 years old, the stars and the planets align themselves to exactly the way they were when you were born. You're faced with yourself. There's no running away. ~ Lykke Li
29 quotes by Lykke Li
From 18 to 29 I was a heavy smoker, heavy drinker, drug addict, terrible eater and philanderer. The past eight years, since I got sober, have honestly been about trying to peel back each of those habits, to get back to the 12-year-old kid inside who was tremendously excited about life. ~ Dax Shepard
29 quotes by Dax Shepard
By grace (that is to say, by favor) we are plucked out of Adam, the ground of all evil, and grafted in Christ, the root of all goodness.28 You are chosen for Christ's sake to the inheritance of eternal life.29 ~ Steven J. Lawson
29 quotes by Steven J. Lawson
In 1973, 29 percent of all U.S. jobs required postsecondary education. In 1992, 52 percent did. And in 2018, a projected 62 percent of all jobs will require postsecondary education. At the same time, many students and their families came to believe that a college's cost directly reflected the quality of the education it offered and the long-term value of the degrees it granted. Rankings like those in U.S. News & World Report reflected this biased perception and encouraged the public to think that way as well. ~ Thomas Snyder
29 quotes by Thomas Snyder
In fact, Social Security is the only source of income nationwide for 29 percent of unmarried elderly women. ~ Ginny Brown-Waite
29 quotes by Ginny Brown-Waite
I realized that I was about to turn 30, and Batman was permanently 29. And I was going to be damned if I was older than Batman. ~ Frank Miller
29 quotes by Frank Miller
ROM2.29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. ~ Anonymous
29 quotes by Anonymous
Charlie Brown: I can't get that Little Red-Haired Girl out of my mind..
Linus: Why don't you call her up, Charlie Brown?
Charlie Brown: I'm afraid she'll hang up in my face!
Linus: That's the beauty of calling her on the phone. One ear isn't a whole face! (28 August 78)
Charlie Brown: Hello? Information? Yes, I'd like to talk to a certain Little Red-Haired Girl... No I already have her number... I was hoping you could tell me something else... What do I do when she answers the phone? (29 August 78) ~ Charles M. Schulz
29 quotes by Charles M. Schulz
I lived at home till I was 29. ~ Ray Romano
29 quotes by Ray Romano
Ray Bradbury published his first story 29 years before I was born. He established himself as an international writer long before I arrived. When my mom was nine months pregnant with me, my father read Bradbury aloud to her as I listened intently, in utero. And I later became his biographer. ~ Sam Weller
29 quotes by Sam Weller
The last 29 days of the month are the toughest! ~ Nikola Tesla
29 quotes by Nikola Tesla
I failed, I think, seven [or] eight times before I finally got my first [championship]. It was just, you know, just about me growing up. Now that I'm an old, old veteran-age 29-I do things a lot differently. I don't go to the gentlemen's clubs anymore. I had to slow that down. ~ Shaquille O'Neal
29 quotes by Shaquille O'Neal
You have turned things around, as if the potter were the same as the clay. Isaiah 29:16 ~ Beth Moore
29 quotes by Beth Moore
Samson caused the house to collapse, knowing his death would also result. Despite Samson's deliberate suicide, Samson died faithful after having judged Israel for 20 years. His name rightly appears among men who, through faith, were made powerful. (Jg 15:20; 16:29-31; Heb 11:32-34)
We are surrounded by thousands of unseen cruelties, that mostly go unseen. The total amount of suffering each year is beyond comprehension. This world is barbed, dangerous and painful - too painful for some. Give them their space.
On any given day, your nod of approval may perpetuate cruelties that rasp away at the soul of another. We are all bound together in this delicate web of consequence. Tread light. Be kind. Many among us make unseen bargains to push ourselves onward - another hour, another day, another week. Occasionally their bargains create a deadly, unstoppable momentum.
Consider King Saul: When he realized that he would not survive his final battle against the Philistines, rather than letting his enemy humiliate him, or extort Israel, "Saul took the sword and fell upon it." –1Sam 31:4
pg 75 ~ Michael Ben Zehabe
29 quotes by Michael Ben Zehabe
The golden glory of love's light Has never dawned on my way My path has always led through night To some deserted by way But though life's greatest joy I miss There lies a greater strength than this I have been worthy of it.29 ~ Colin Grant
29 quotes by Colin Grant
MISSION: Be excellent at what you do and you will stand before kings. Proverbs 22:29 ~ Bible. New International Version
29 quotes by Bible. New International Version
All our life," William James told us in the prologue, "so far as it has definite form, is but a mass of habits - practical, emotional, and intellectual - systematically organized for our weal or woe, and bearing us irresistibly toward our destiny, whatever the latter may be."9.29 ~ Charles Duhigg
29 quotes by Charles Duhigg
SELFHOOD AND DISSOCIATION
The patient with DID or dissociative disorder not otherwise specified (DDNOS) has used their capacity to psychologically remove themselves from repetitive and inescapable traumas in order to survive that which could easily lead to suicide or psychosis, and in order to eke some growth in what is an unsafe, frequently contradictory and emotionally barren environment.

For a child dependent on a caregiver who also abuses her, the only way to maintain the attachment is to block information about the abuse from the mental mechanisms that control attachment and attachment behaviour.10 Thus, childhood abuse is more likely to be forgotten or otherwise made inaccessible if the abuse is perpetuated by a parent or other trusted caregiver.

In the dissociative individual, 'there is no uniting self which can remember to forget'. Rather than use repression to avoid traumatizing memories, he/she resorts to alterations in the self 'as a central and coherent organization of experience. . . DID involves not just an alteration in content but, crucially, a change in the very structure of consciousness and the self' (p. 187).29 There may be multiple representations of the self and of others.

Middleton, Warwick. "Owning the past, claiming the present: perspectives on the treatment of dissociative patients." Australasian Psychiatry 13.1 (2005): 40-49. ~ Warwick Middleton
29 quotes by Warwick Middleton
Hope thou in God. The Lord Jesus has made it manifest that He regards you at an infinite estimation. He left His royal throne, He left His royal courts, He clothed His divinity with humanity, and died a shameful death upon the cross of Calvary, that you might be saved. - The Review and Herald, June 29, 1897. ~ Ellen G. White
29 quotes by Ellen G. White
Instead, my Lord, You have promised that Your plans for Your people are plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give us hope and a future. (Jer. 29:11) ~ Beth Moore
29 quotes by Beth Moore
Different states of consciousness project different images of God–loving or vengeful or jealous, energetic or terrifying, and different images of God affect the nature and quality of our response to God. . . . The image or idea of God as wrathful and jealous will have a different effect than the image or the idea of God as loving. Similarly, whether God is regarded as male or female will have a significant impact on the culture. (29) ~ Ravi Ravindra
29 quotes by Ravi Ravindra
Teenage Love Quotes «
» Babies Quotes