120 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 120.

Quotes About 120

Enjoy collection of 100 120 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 120. Righ click to see and save pictures of 120 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

After many ponderous experiments the first crematorium was opened in December 1920 in Petrograd. It could manage barely 120 bodies a month, and, in February 1921, cremated itself when the wooden roof caught fire. ~ Martin Amis
120 quotes by Martin Amis
I used to think then that all the tragic events of life were written down in books and that what went on outside was just diluted crap. ~ Henry Miller
120 quotes by Henry Miller
that was how plenty of people felt in 634 BC in Rome, as well, when they were convinced that the city was destined to collapse after 120 years of existence. It is how people have felt at countless points in history since then. Try searching Google's library of digitised manuscripts for the phrase 'these uncertain times', and you'll find that it occurs over and over, in hundreds of journals and books, in virtually every decade the database encompasses, reaching back to the seventeenth century. 'As a matter of fact,' Watts insisted, 'our age is no more insecure than any other. Poverty, disease, war, change and death are nothing new. ~ Oliver Burkeman
120 quotes by Oliver Burkeman
local 111.111.111.111 dev tun proto udp port 1194 ca /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/ca.crt cert /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/SERVERNAME.crt # TBD - Change SERVERNAME to your Server name key /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/SERVERNAME.key # TBD - Change SERVERNAME to your Server name dh /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/dh1024.pem # TBD - Change if not using 2048 bit encryption server 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0 ifconfig 10.8.0.1 10.8.0.2 push "route 10.8.0.1 255.255.255.255" push "route 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0" push "route 111.111.111.111 255.255.255.0" push "dhcp-option DNS 222.222.222.222" push "redirect-gateway def1" client-to-client duplicate-cn keepalive 10 120 tls-auth /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/ta.key 0 comp-lzo persist-key persist-tun user nobody group nogroup cipher AES-128-CBC log /var/log/openvpn.log status /var/log/openvpn-status.log 20 verb 1 Note: To paste in ~ Ira Finch
120 quotes by Ira Finch
A book is maybe about 350 pages, and the prose allows for readers to get a glimpse into the internal lives of the characters. A screenplay is 120 pages, and it's all dialogue and action. The pacing of films is different, the structure is often different, and the internal lives of the characters must come across through the acting. Movies are just a different experience than reading - so it just depends on what an individual prefers. ~ Nicholas Sparks
120 quotes by Nicholas Sparks
Progressive Dispensationalism advocates a holistic and unified view of eternal salvation."[120] This means that all the redeemed will be blessed with the same salvation with respect to justification and sanctification. One wonders if this is not similar to the concept and purpose of the Covenant of Grace in Covenant Theology.[121] While ~ Matthew Stamper
120 quotes by Matthew Stamper
Chloe Reardon was everything that made Gavin feel like living again, but for the first time in 120 years, he found something he couldn't win in trade.
He couldn't buy her.
He couldn't barter for her.
He wanted to seduce her – fucking hell, he wanted to seduce her.
But more, he wanted her to be his ~ Elizabeth Hunter
120 quotes by Elizabeth   Hunter
If you're looking for fast driving there's a dragway in the southwestern part of the county. It opens next week."
"Do you race there?" he asks.
"Yes." And I plan on spending a lot of time there over the next six weeks.
"Isaiah." Beth attempts to step in between us, but Logan angles himself so that she can't. "That's not why I brought him here."
An insane glint strikes the guy's eyes and all of a sudden, I feel a connection to him. A twitch of his lips shows he might be my kind of crazy. "How fast do the cars there go?"
"Some guys hit speeds of 120 mph in an eighth mile."
"No!" Beth stomps her foot. "No. I promised Ryan nothing crazy would happen. Logan, this is not why I brought you here."
"Have you hit those speeds?" He swats his hand at Beth as if she's a fly, earning my respect. Most guys would be terrified of having their balls ripped off and handed to them for dismissing Beth like that.
"Not driving my car, I haven't," I answer honestly. But I hope to with Rachel's car, and with mine, after a few modifications. "Speed can be bought. Just depends on how much you want to spend."
Logan offers his hand. "I'm Logan."
"Isaiah," I say as we shake.
"Shit," mumbles Beth. ~ Katie McGarry
120 quotes by Katie McGarry
We can still do a stop motion feature for about one-third of what it costs Pixar or DreamWorks or Blue Sky to make a feature. But nobody is interested in a film that cost $50 to 60 million with the potential to do $120 million. They want to risk big money to make huge money. ~ Henry Selick
120 quotes by Henry Selick
I'd be happy to live till 80 as long as I was comfortable and in good health. Mind you, ask me again on the eve of my 80th birthday. Even so, I hope we don't all start living to be 120. I'm not sure I'd cope with another 60 years. ~ Bonnie Tyler
120 quotes by Bonnie Tyler
I didn't feel anything [frustraiting]. I just kept working 110 or 120 nights a year. ~ Mose Allison
120 quotes by Mose Allison
I think because my life is so insane and it's constantly going at 120 miles per hour, my favorite thing to do is sit at home in front of the TV and check out. ~ Sean Hayes
120 quotes by Sean Hayes
It's all about the attitude, gut, heart and determination to go out and give 120% every time to try and help the team win. ~ Bo Jackson
120 quotes by Bo Jackson
...the balance sheet of her life, an endless list of credits and debits, of accomplishments and failures, small acts of kindness and real acts of cruelty. And the tears finally come as she looks away, unable to see this thing to the very end, for she knows without looking of the terrible imbalance, how long ago the credits stopped while the debits of vanity and selfishness run on and on. ~ Richard C. Morais
120 quotes by Richard C. Morais
I plan to live to be 120! ~ Teri Garr
120 quotes by Teri Garr
Hqve you never heard of priests proclaim that the meek will inherit the earth and wondered if kings of old didn't smile to hear it? Your reward comes after death. Nirvana. The wheel of life turns and we are elevated from animals to women, from women to men, from men to kings, from kings to gods, from gods to... perfection. And what is perfection now? Not crucifixion, not poverty endured patiently on the mountaintop. No--the perfect life is to have an annual salary of £120,000, an Aston Martin, a £1.6million-pound home, a wife, two children and at least two foreign holidays a year. Perfection is an idol built upon oppression. Perfection is the heaven that kept the masses suppressed; the promise of a future life that quells rebellion. Perfection is the self-hatred an overweight woman feels when she sees a slim model on TV; perfection is the resentment the well-paid man experiences when he beholds a miserable billionaire. Perfection kills. Perfection destroys the soul. ~ Claire North
120 quotes by Claire North
The pitch count situatio-it doesn't matter if you throw 120 or 80, whatever. It's the quality of pitches that you throw. ~ Eli Manning
120 quotes by Eli Manning
I had only played five games in my senior year in high school. I was not large enough. Hell, when I graduated, I was about five foot four and weighed 120 pounds. I didn't go with the Dodgers until spring training of 1940 and I weighed all of 155 pounds soaking wet. ~ Pee Wee Reese
120 quotes by Pee Wee Reese
Over 120 Aboriginal communities run their own health services - some have been doing so for 30 years. They struggle with difficult medical problems. They also try to deal with counselling, stolen generations issues, family relationships, violence, suicide prevention. ~ Malcolm Fraser
120 quotes by Malcolm Fraser
Some version of 'Deal or No Deal' airs in 120 countries. And they play it exactly the same way, with models and briefcases. It crosses language and culture and gender, because it's the simplest game in the world, and everyone wants to press their luck. ~ Howie Mandel
120 quotes by Howie Mandel
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, 'love' is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds... ~ HK-47
120 quotes by HK-47
I was Speaker of the House in Florida, first Republican speaker in 120 years. And I totally dismantled the way this House worked and turned it around to what I believe is right. ~ Dan Webster
120 quotes by Dan Webster
I like to save money. I've never been able to understand why people can't see the value in even saving '£10' a month. It all adds up! In one year that's £120! People are too concerned with the bigger numbers, when really, they ought to just focus on the little numbers. The bigger numbers will then take care of themselves. ~ Lisa Newton
120 quotes by Lisa Newton
I have been doing 120 miles a week, when normally I would do about 140. ~ Paula Radcliffe
120 quotes by Paula Radcliffe
It's hard to be happy when you are facing 120 to 140 degree temperatures and nothing seems to be moving in a direction that you think or they think or you've been told it's supposed to be moving in. ~ Janis Karpinski
120 quotes by Janis Karpinski
If you look back historically, admittedly a long time ago, there were three Afghan wars in which Britain didn't even come a good second. In more recent years the Russians were there with 120,000 men for ten years. ~ John Major
120 quotes by John Major
For Noah, preaching 120 years without results meant choosing the hard road year after year. Nehemiah, building the wall of Jerusalem, faced constant harassment by enemies from within and without. We cannot honestly, authentically, reasonably and deliberately serve our Lord without our willingness to accept difficulties and inconveniences. ~ K.P. Yohannan
120 quotes by K.P. Yohannan
The number of those endowed with human life is as small as the amount of earth one can place on a fingernail. Life as a human being is hard to sustain
as hard as it is for the dew to remain on the grass. But it is better to live a single day with honor than to live to 120 and die in disgrace. ~ Gautama Buddha
120 quotes by Gautama Buddha
I'm very rigid about my schedule. I sit down at 8 A.M., and the Internet blocker goes on. My standard time is 120 minutes. I'm a compulsive writer, so it reminds me to stop writing ... If I write more than that, I turn into an ogre for my kids. ~ Claire Cameron
120 quotes by Claire Cameron
Today, we have more than 110,000 men and women deployed in conflict zones around the world. They come from nearly 120 countries ... Thanks to their efforts, life-saving humanitarian assistance can be delivered and economic development can begin. ~ Ban Ki-moon
120 quotes by Ban Ki-moon
When developing a site you want to determine your selling price. With this in mind you want to develop a larger site that has a lot of content and will generate you enough money if doesn't sell. If you do sell it you will want to make at least 12 months of income from the sale. So for example if your site is making $10,000 a month you may want to price it at $120,000.00. If your site is making you $1000 a month you may want to sell it for $12,000.00. The best sites that you can make are ones that generate income on a monthly basis. This can be from advertising, membership sales and product sales. The niche that you sell should be hot enough to sustain new members as well as keep current members ~ Eric Rovelto
120 quotes by Eric Rovelto
The death of over 120 white people is a very beautiful thing. ~ Malcolm X
120 quotes by Malcolm X
You want to take all my money slow with success, so far you have taken 120$ and they aren't return back and you want more and more and more... ~ Deyth Banger
120 quotes by Deyth Banger
In 2012 about 56 million people died throughout the world; 620,000 of them died due to human violence (war killed 120,000 people, and crime killed another 500,000). In contrast, 800,000 committed suicide, and 1.5 million died of diabetes.23 Sugar is now more dangerous than gunpowder. ~ Yuval Noah Harari
120 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
Being a human being is lost. For 120 shows, the one that goes bad is the one that people will talk about. ~ Ryan Adams
120 quotes by Ryan Adams
If you can't resist a burger craving, then go for it, but take off the cheese (that saves you at least 120 calories), avoid special sauces, and make burger "topless"---eat only one side of the bun. Or you can wrap the burger in lettuce and forget the bun entirely. ~ Bob Harper
120 quotes by Bob Harper
One state retiree, 49 years old, paid, over the course of his entire career, a total of $124,000 towards his retirement pension and health benefits. What will we pay him? $3.3 million in pension payments over his life and nearly $500,000 for health care benefits - a total of $3.8m on a $120,000 investment. ~ Chris Christie
120 quotes by Chris Christie
Of course building a kitchen makes all the symmetric sense in the world because everybody's burning calories at 120 beats a minute. You could even register it on a graph at the DJ booth. "How fast are they burning calories, sir?" "126 a minute." "Are you sure?" "Oh, I'm very sure." You can meter that out. ~ David Lee Roth
120 quotes by David Lee Roth
I made a penny for each paper delivered every day, plus 2 cents for Sunday papers. I had 120 customers. For a 10-year-old kid in the 1940s, that was a lot of money. ~ David Boies
120 quotes by David Boies
Weary soccer players just cannot run anymore and must resort to shootouts after 120 minutes when a result is mandatory, but men on skates can go indefinitely, no matter how badly it disrupts the television network's schedule. ~ George Vecsey
120 quotes by George Vecsey
In the most common fantasy of ideal love, [...], a woman can only unleash her desire in the hands of a man whom she imagines to be more powerful, who does not depend upon her for his strength. [...] The boundedness and limits within which one can surrender, and in which one can experience abandonment and creativity, are sought in the ideal lover. (p. 120) ~ Jessica Benjamin
120 quotes by Jessica Benjamin
Every time I have seen families embrace and accept their homosexual family members, nothing bad had happened! The association has always been positive and loving, caring "family" experience has only grown and flourished. They are available to each other for that family support that is so valued in our culture. Families are strengthened not weakened. When families have rejected their homosexual family members it has not turned out well, even when that rejection was done 'lovingly.' You know, love the sinner...hate the sin? I've known homosexuals rejected by their families who looked for acceptance in all the wrong places. Bright, promising lives lost to drugs, disease, and death. I've seen families who reject those they should love, depriving themselves of that valuable relationship. (120) ~ Carol Lynn Pearson
120 quotes by Carol Lynn Pearson
I can write faster on a typewriter than you can on a computer. I do 120 words a minute, and you can't do that on a computer. ~ Ray Bradbury
120 quotes by Ray Bradbury
I have sold 120 million records. Half of those could be in Europe. ~ Slim Whitman
120 quotes by Slim Whitman
If you wish to be a writer; write!
Send quote to a friend
Epictetus (50-120) Greek philosopher. ~ Epictetus
120 quotes by Epictetus
To be either too good or too bad drew attention. As much as he hated being the lettuce, it was his comfort zone. ~ Neal Shusterman
120 quotes by Neal Shusterman
[My wife] liked to collect old encyclopedias from second-hand bookstores, and at one point we had eight of them. When I wrote my first historical novel
back in 1980, before I was online
I used them often as a research tool. For instance, I learned that the Bastille was either 90 feet high or 100 feet or 120 feet. This led me to formulate Wilson's 22nd Law: 'Certitude belongs exclusively to those who only look in one encyclopedia.' ~ Robert Anton Wilson
120 quotes by Robert Anton Wilson
The risk was spread across the globe from American state pension funds to public health networks in Australia and even to town councils beyond the Arctic Circle. In Norway, for example, the municipalities of Rana, Hemnes, Hattjelldal and Narvik invested some $120 million of their taxpayers' money in CDOs secured on American subprime mortgages. ~ Niall Ferguson
120 quotes by Niall Ferguson
During World War II, Iceland was a poor country with a total population of about 120,000 people. In contrast, the occupying U.S. force consisted of roughly 40,000 men - which meant that U.S. soldiers outnumbered adult Icelandic men - at least during the height of the occupation. ~ Gudjon Bergmann
120 quotes by Gudjon Bergmann
Having made films, I know very well that the scope of the average 90- to 120-minute movie is about the same narrative heft as a long short story or a novella. ~ Paul Auster
120 quotes by Paul Auster
You can play hard. You can play aggressive. You can give 120% but if one guy is out of position then someone is running through the line of scrimmage and he is going to gain a bunch of yards. ~ Bill Belichick
120 quotes by Bill Belichick
Two things are to blame for our predicament, one a corollary of the other. The first reason is that we did not have enough troops in Samarra. The skill and courage of 150 American soldiers prevented chaos, but was never enough to fully secure a city of 120,000 people or maintain the rule of law [ ... ] Second, because of a lack of troops, American military leaders are forced to make a choice between mission objectives and self-preservation. ~ Pete Hegseth
120 quotes by Pete Hegseth
In that light, across the field, is all I will never have. Next to me is all I will. ~ Andrea Barrett
120 quotes by Andrea Barrett
Christianity began with 120 in the Upper Room, within three centuries it had become the predominant religion of the Roman Empire. What brought this about? The answer is deceptively simple, while Christianity was being presented to unbelievers in both Word and deed, it was the deed that far exceeded the Word in evangelistic effectiveness. ~ C. Wagner
120 quotes by C. Wagner
Every ending is a new beginning. Through the grace of God, we can always start again. (Page 120.) ~ Marianne Williamson
120 quotes by Marianne Williamson
The processing capacity of the conscious mind has been estimated at 120 bits per second. ~ Daniel J. Levitin
120 quotes by Daniel J. Levitin
White
There was a moment in the darkness when the fear lifted.
A moment where white surrounded me.
Hope.
Lily, and someone else, and a sprinkling of water.
"Holy water, Jenna."
"You can let go if you need to."
"Forgiveness, Jenna."
But I couldn't let go.
It wasn't in my power.
I was already swirling, flying, falling.
To someplace deep I didn't understand.
Where all the sounds buy my own voice disappeared.
Only me.
For so long.
I don't want to be alone anymore. (120) ~ Mary E. Pearson
120 quotes by Mary E. Pearson
My foundation now has some 120 football pitches laid out for children, a lot of them immigrants. We live in a multicultural society. ~ Johan Cruyff
120 quotes by Johan Cruyff
reality, a businesslike approach to charity has been dominant within large-scale organized philanthropy for at least 120 years, ever since industrialists such as Carnegie and Rockefeller vowed to apply business techniques to the realm of philanthropy. ~ Linsey McGoey
120 quotes by Linsey McGoey
Let us, just for a moment, look at the implications of that 'distress'. Severe depression affects more than 120 million people worldwide and more than 5 million in the UK. By 2020, according to the World Health Organisation, it will be one of the world's most debilitating conditions, second only to heart disease. Is that distress? Or is it a major illness? The danger in polite euphemisms is that they drive the condition underground. I constantly see people struggling with severe depression, clamping down on the pain so as not to bother anyone. I know how they minimise both themselves and the severity of their struggle. Mute, pale shadows, they are gagged by polite euphemisms and by misunderstanding. ~ Sally Brampton
120 quotes by Sally Brampton
Now, it has been independently shown that people hate to lose something more than they enjoy gaining it. For example, they don't mind paying for something with a credit card even when told there is a discount for cash, but they hate paying the same amount if they are told there is a surcharge for using credit. As a result, people will often refuse to gamble for an expected profit (they turn down bets such as "Heads, you win $120; tails, you pay $100), but they will gamble to avoid an expected loss (such as "Heads, you no longer owe $120; tails, you now owe an additional $100"). (This kind of behavior drives economists crazy, but is avidly studied by investment firms hoping to turn it to their advantage.) The combination of people's loss aversion with the effects of framing explains the paradoxical result: the "gain" metaphor made the doctors risk-averse; the "loss" metaphor made them gamblers. ~ Steven Pinker
120 quotes by Steven Pinker
That's what music has always been to me: a feel. I've listened to the Stones many times and it still makes me have that feeling of joy every time. They are still around and put on a really exciting show. We also give it 120 percent. ~ Mike McCready
120 quotes by Mike McCready
Together, these three gospels - Mark, Matthew, and Luke - became known as the Synoptics (Greek for "viewed together") because they more or less present a common narrative and chronology about the life and ministry of Jesus, one that is greatly at odds with the fourth gospel, John, which was likely written soon after the close of the first century, between 100 and 120 C.E. ~ Reza Aslan
120 quotes by Reza Aslan
About five miles back I had a brush with the CHP. Not stopped or pulled over: nothing routine. I always drive properly. A bit fast, perhaps, but always with consummate skill and a natural feel for the road that even cops recognize. No cop was ever born who isn't a sucker for a finely-executed hi-speed Controlled Drift all the way around one of those cloverleaf freeway interchanges.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time ~ Hunter S. Thompson
120 quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
Are coral reefs growing from the depths of the oceans? ... [The] reply is a simple negative; and a single fact establishes its truth. The reef-forming coral zoophytes, as has been shown, cannot grow at greater depths than 100 or 120 feet; and therefore in seas deeper than this, the formation or growth of reefs over the bottom is impossible. ~ James Dwight Dana
120 quotes by James Dwight Dana
I opened my mouth to reply, but then closed it again. Talking to Mom was a bit like trying to fold a fitted sheet: no matter how hard you try, it always ends up a lumpy, crooked mess. So why even bother? (Page 120) ~ Marci Lyn Curtis
120 quotes by Marci Lyn Curtis
I spent my first two years at a small all-male college in Virginia called Hampden-Sydney. That was like going to college 120 years ago. The languages, a year of rhetoric, all of the great books, Western Man courses, stuff like that. ~ Stephen Colbert
120 quotes by Stephen Colbert
But in their turn, before the hour comes, let them listen also to what the Apostle says to them: 'You were once darkness, and now youa re light in the Lord' (Eph 5:8). Let them awaken according to the admonition of our Psalm. Already the mountains are lightened, why then sleep? 'Let them lift their eyes toward the mountains whence help will come to them' (Ps 120:1). What does it mean to say that the mountains are already lightened? Already there has arisen the Sun of Justice, already the Apostles have preached the Gospel, preached the Holy Scriptures, all the Mysteries have been laid open, the veil has been rent, the secret of the temple has been revealed; let them finally lift their eyes toward the mountain whence help will come to them. ~ Augustine Of Hippo
120 quotes by Augustine Of Hippo
Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales was expected to clock in at anywhere between 100 and 120 chapters. Unfortunately, the dude only managed to finish 24 tales before he suffered an insurmountable and permanent state of writer's block commonly known as death. ~ Jacopo Della Quercia
120 quotes by Jacopo Della Quercia
The China game was the best because it took the effort of everyone on the team to survive 120 minutes. ~ Lorrie Fair
120 quotes by Lorrie Fair
Maybe ... there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for unlawfully detaining 120 people. Maybe they just got carried away with last year's idea of pre-emptive strikes and thought, 'Let's not wait for an actual crime to occur. Let's get the innocent. ~ Mark Thomas
120 quotes by Mark Thomas
While we advance exponentially in technological capability, our spiritual or 'biological technology,' our maturity as a species, is still two or three thousand years in the past. This is because many of us live according to ideas that were original and groundbreaking ... in 500 B.C. Most people are unwilling or unable to ask the hard questions- as in, why do we do things the way we do, and what will the end results be? (p.120) Generation Hex ~ James Curcio
120 quotes by James Curcio
Climbers seem to forget that we said in our introduction that there were simply '50 classic routes', not 'the 50 classics'. We chose 50 from a list of about 120. Only a torturer will ever pry loose from our lips the names of those other 70 classics ... ~ Steve Roper
120 quotes by Steve Roper
Lucian [of Samosata; 120-190 CE] was trying to make his audience laugh, rather than start a revolution ~ Jennifer Michael Hecht
120 quotes by Jennifer Michael Hecht
Well, I kind of approach both of them similarly in (that) I always see it as a movie first because that's my background. Cindy Kelley, who has been my writing partner on my novels, she works more on the prose side and the description side of the storytelling because, obviously, there's a lot more of that in a novel than in a screenplay. You only have up to 120 pages in a screenplay. ~ Michael Landon, Jr.
120 quotes by Michael Landon, Jr.
Contrast 1968, when the CEO of General Motors took home, in pay and benefits, about sixty-six times the amount paid to a typical GM worker. Today the CEO of Wal-Mart earns nine hundred times the wages of his average employee. Indeed, the wealth of the Wal-Mart founder's family in 2005 was estimated at about the same ($90 billion) as that of the bottom 40% of the US population: 120 million people. ~ Tony Judt
120 quotes by Tony Judt
I'm not saying that I was starting actively to think about it. I'm just saying that I could see why people did. See that they liked the combination of long dull uneventful days with a strong sense of purpose looming overall; the mix of aimless time, structured days and meaningful work. A bit like human life in general, you could say, the terrible regularity with which nothing happens, the genuine terror when something does. Hurry up and wait. That's the motto which governs most lives. It's the motto which governs the Wall, for sure. The only thing worse than when nothing happens is when something does.
Pg 120 ~ John Lanchester
120 quotes by John Lanchester
Persons with Disability (PWD), Ex-Serviceman (XSM), Kashmiri Migrant (KM). Please refer to the Norms for the same. There are 394 vacancies for the above position (200 Electronics, 120 Mechanical, 57 Computer Science, ~ Anonymous
120 quotes by Anonymous
When Tocqueville accepted the language of his age and adopted the term individualisme for volume 2 of Democracy, he distinguished that sentiment from selfishness. Selfishness evinced an exaggerated self-love or narcissism- a misdirected instinct. In contrast, individualism represented a deliberate, openly professed conviction that society required nothing more from the individual than an assertion of private rights, and that it worked well enough by an appropriate interplay of private interests. Individualism, as distinct from either ego or individuality, reflected a wholly debased orientation to "self" that reflected an extreme sense of superiority and self-sufficiency.[...] Public institutions were designed to draw public engagement from what were essentially private concerns, but these arrangements were always vulnerable to a corrupting myopic view of individual right. Individualism embodied a philosophical orientation that not only influenced citizen's perceptions of self and society but also governed the sense of what constitutes a rational course of action. Under the ethos of individualism, dominance was portrayed as a matter of survival- thus, self-interest was only rational choice in many situations. In this way, individualism undermined the ideal uncoerced public virtue that underlay federal institutions. Federal arenas of contestation had required some sense of equity and conception of the common good for even the most minimal accomodations; a public philosophy that ~ Barbara Allen Tocqueville Covenant And The Democratic Revolution. Pag.120
120 quotes by Barbara Allen Tocqueville Covenant And The Democratic Revolution. Pag.120
An average person has an IQ of 100. An above-average person has an IQ of 120 to 140. A person with an IQ of 150 is considered a genius. Janine's IQ is 196. Sometimes ~ Ann M. Martin
120 quotes by Ann M. Martin
The death of the music business was insane, but audio recordings have been around now for maybe 120 years. Books have been around for, what, nine centuries? So they're more entrenched than music. ~ Stephen King
120 quotes by Stephen King
My first car was, as depicted in 'Sleepwalk with Me,' my mother's '92 Volvo station wagon that had 80,000 miles on it, and I had put 40,000 miles on it, so by the time it retired it had 120,000, and I basically killed it. It served me well, and my mechanic was always very angry with me because I just didn't properly care for it. ~ Mike Birbiglia
120 quotes by Mike Birbiglia
Look, if you're driving down the highway at 120 miles an hour, I'd rather be behind the wheel than in the backseat. ~ Mark Wahlberg
120 quotes by Mark Wahlberg
It takes only about 10 to 12 minutes for you to plan out your day, but this small investment of time will save you up to two hours (100 to 120 minutes) in wasted time and diffused effort throughout the day. You ~ Brian Tracy
120 quotes by Brian Tracy
What's really driving the boom in coaching, is this: as we move from 30 miles an hour to 70 to 120 to 180 ... as we go from driving straight down the road to making right turns and left turns to abandoning cars and getting motorcycles ... the whole game changes, and a lot of people are trying to keep up, learn how not to fall. ~ John P. Kotter
120 quotes by John P. Kotter
I'll always remember a certain radio exchange that occurred one day as Walt and I were screaming across southern California 13 miles high. We were monitoring various radio transmissions from other aircraft as we entered Los Angeles Center's airspace. Though they didn't really control us, they did monitor our movement across their scope. I heard a Cessna ask for a readout of its groundspeed. "90 knots," Center replied. Moments later a Twin Beech required the same. "120 knots," Center answered. We weren't the only one proud of our speed that day as almost instantly an F-18 smugly transmitted, "Ah, Center, Dusty 52 requests groundspeed readout." There was a slight pause. "525 knots on the ground, Dusty." Another silent pause. As I was thinking to myself how ripe a situation this was, I heard the familiar click of a radio transmission coming from my back-seater. It was at that precise moment I realized Walt and I had become a real crew, for we were both thinking in unison. "Center, Aspen 20, you got a ground speed readout for us?" There was a longer than normal pause. "Aspen, I show one thousand seven hundred and forty-two knots." No further inquiries were heard on that frequency. ~ Brian Shul
120 quotes by Brian Shul
Just because your electronics are better than ours, you aren't necessarily superior in any way. Look, imagine that you humans are a man in LA with a brand-new Trujillo and we are a nuhp in New York with a beat-up old Ford. The two fellows start driving toward St. Louis. Now, the guy in the Trujillo is doing 120 on the interstates, and the guy in the Ford is putting along at 55; but the human in the Trujillo stops in Vegas and puts all of his gas money down the hole of a blackjack table, and the determined little nuhp cruises along for days until at last he reaches his goal. It's all a matter of superior intellect and the will to succeed.
Your people talk a lot about going to the stars, but you just keep putting your money into other projects, like war and popular music and international athletic events and resurrecting the fashions of previous decades. If you wanted to go into space, you would have. ~ George Alec Effinger
120 quotes by George Alec Effinger
The result is a complete fiasco. Our simple estimate of what the vacuum energy should be comes out to about 10105 joules per cubic centimeter. That's a lot of vacuum energy. What we actually observe is about 10-15 joules per cubic centimeter. So our estimate is larger than the experimental value by a factor of 10120 - a 1 followed by 120 zeroes. Not something we can attribute to experimental error. This has been called the biggest disagreement between theoretical expectation and experimental reality in all of science. ~ Sean Carroll
120 quotes by Sean Carroll
For every American who believes he's going to Hell, there are 120 who believe they're going to Heaven. ~ Randy Alcorn
120 quotes by Randy Alcorn
Life of a software engineer can be summarized in twelve words – in right and left click, they live a life without any life. ~ Saravanakumar Murugan
120 quotes by Saravanakumar Murugan
Where are we going to get tens of thousands of dollars if my husband makes 120 dollars a month? One professor told us quietly: "With her pathologies, your child is of great interest to science. You should write to hospitals in other countries. They should be interested. ~ Svetlana Alexievich
120 quotes by Svetlana Alexievich
I'm really fortunate that I type 120 words a minute. ~ MaryJanice Davidson
120 quotes by MaryJanice Davidson
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal in the world, with a speed of 120 mph, is a cow dropped out of a helicopter. ~ Dave Barry
120 quotes by Dave Barry
Oscar Wilde turned the world upside down and was able to laugh at it, and hopefully by the time I'm 120 and worn out, that's what I will achieve. I love being alive so much. ~ John Lydon
120 quotes by John Lydon
Take bean sprouts and put them in boiling water and boil for FIVE TO SIX min then drain properly well and bring it back to pan. Blend in salt, then blend in sesame seeds, then blend in sesame oil, then blend in garlic, then blend in cayenne and then blend in green onions and allow to simmer for 120 seconds. ~ Charlene W. Howard
120 quotes by Charlene W. Howard
A Florida planter defended his management practices by pointing to his slaves' "natural increase which in the last year has been over ten percent, in a gang of 120." A Georgia overseer informed his employer that with good management his plantation could produce much more cotton. ~ James Oakes
120 quotes by James Oakes
I could never understand how we could put 120,000 Japanese behind a fence in World War II. I remember being bewildered about that. ~ Phil Donahue
120 quotes by Phil Donahue
In Genesis 6:3, it says man can live to be 120, but there is no scientific basis for it. ~ S. Jay Olshansky
120 quotes by S. Jay Olshansky
One sticking point was that Jobs wanted his payout to be in cash. Amelio insisted that he needed to "have skin in the game" and take the payout in stock that he would agree to hold for at least a year." Jobs resisted. Finally, they compromised: Jobs would take $120 million in cash and $37 million in stock, and he pledged to hold the stock for at least six months. ~ Walter Isaacson
120 quotes by Walter Isaacson
I hate this expression, but - "thinking outside the box," in terms of how to market and put a Broadway show out into the - allow it to reach the target audience, who can't necessarily spend $120 to come see it. ~ Katherine Shindle
120 quotes by Katherine Shindle
Software Engineer Quotes «
» 1200 Quotes