95 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 95.

Quotes About 95

Enjoy collection of 100 95 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 95. Righ click to see and save pictures of 95 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Woody Allen said that 95% of history is explained as a man trying to impress a woman. And that's true in my life. ~ Mitt Romney
95 quotes by Mitt Romney
I still had moments when my nerves got to me, but whenever I'd start to get anxious, Kyla Ross would remind me, "Simone, just do what you do in practice." And before I went out for each event, she'd high-five me and say, "Just like practice, Simone!" I'd say the same thing to her when it was her turn to go up. "Just like practice" became our catchphrase.
As I walked onto the mat to do my floor exercise, I held on to that phrase like it was a lifeline, because I was about to perform a difficult move I'd come up with in practice - a double flip in the layout position with a half twist out. The way it happened was, I'd landed short on a double layout full out earlier that year during training, and I'd strained my calf muscle on the backward landing. Aimee didn't want me to risk a more severe injury, so she suggested I do the double layout - body straight with legs together and fully extended as I flipped twice in the air - then add a half twist at the end. That extra half twist meant I'd have to master a very tricky blind forward landing, but it would put less stress on my calves.
I thought the new combination sounded incredibly cool, so I started playing around with it until I was landing the skill 95 percent of the time. At the next Nationals Camp, I demonstrated the move for Martha and she thought it looked really good, so we went ahead and added it to the second tumbling pass of my floor routine. I'd already performed the combination at national meets that year, bu ~ Simone Biles
95 quotes by Simone Biles
Finally, the functionalist organization, by privileging progress (i.e. time), causes the condition of its own possibility
space itself
to be forgotten: space thus becomes the blind spot in a scientific and political technology. This is the way in which the Concept-city functions: a place of transformations and appropriations, the object of various kinds of interference but also a subject that is constantly enriched by new attributes, it is simultaneously the machinery and the hero of modernity. ~ Michel De Certeau
95 quotes by Michel De Certeau
In cyberspace, 95 per cent of what you read is hearsay. ~ David Tang
95 quotes by David Tang
For the 95 per cent whose only means of schooling is the district or the city school, we must provide what we are not now providing, an education that will better fit them for the struggle of life. ~ Arthur Capper
95 quotes by Arthur Capper
One continually hears the declaration that the direct primary [for legislative offices] will take power from the politicians and give it to the people. This is pure nonsense. Politics has been, is, and always will be carried on by politicians, just as art is carried on by artists, engineering by engineers, business by businessmen. All that the direct primary, or any other political reform, can do is affect the character of the politicians by altering the conditions that govern political activity, thus determining its extent and quality. The direct primary may take advantage and opportunity from one set of politicians and confer them upon another set, but politicians there will always be so long as there is politics. (Cited in Key 1965, 394-95) ~ Marty Cohen
95 quotes by Marty Cohen
I've traveled all the way around the world; I've been to over 95 countries, so I love ethnic food, different types of cuisine. ~ Larry Fitzgerald
95 quotes by Larry Fitzgerald
The megapixel war in conventional cameras has been a total myth. It's taking us all in the wrong direction. Once a picture goes online, you're throwing away 95 to 98 percent of those pixels. ~ Ren Ng
95 quotes by Ren Ng
Everything I say is 95% truthful. ~ Si Robertson
95 quotes by Si Robertson
The current political dispensation in the country takes pride in its affiliations with religion and culture. But unfortunately, they have become a corporate government more than a moral government. Religion to them does not mean the supremacy of moral, family and social values prescribed by religion, but hatred based on religious identity. If they can revisit their strategy, and take a bold stand against social vices, almost all the religious communities of the country, which means more than 95 pc of the people, will be standing behind them. But unfortunately, they stand for the rest 5 per cent. ~ Javed Jamil
95 quotes by Javed Jamil
In my day it was 75 percent car and mechanic, 25 percent driver and luck. Today it's 95 percent car. ~ Juan Manuel Fangio
95 quotes by Juan Manuel Fangio
Every culture that's ever existed has operated under the illusion that it understood 95% of reality and that the other 5% would be delivered in the next 18 months, and from Egypt forward they've been running around believing they had a perfect grip on things and yet we look back at every society that preceded us with great smugness at how naive they all were. Well, it never occurs to us, then, that maybe we're whistling in the dark too! That the universe is stranger than you CAN suppose, and that that openness that that perception imparts is a great joy, a great blessing, because then you can live your life not in service to some fascistic metaphor but in service to the living mystery: the fact that you're not going to understand it; it is not going to yield to logic; or magic; or any other technique that's been developed ... ~ Terence McKenna
95 quotes by Terence McKenna
Since 2008, batters have hit only .175 against pitches thrown at 100 m.p.h. or above. Batting averages go up as the speed of the pitches goes down: .210 at 99, .213 at 98, .225 at 97, .242 at 96 and .252 at 95. ~ Barry Bearak
95 quotes by Barry Bearak
I'm working on a snow scene right now, and it's summer. It's hot, and I will get chilly. I'll have to turn on the heat. My wife walks in, and it's 95 degrees in the studio. I know it's nutty, but it's a projection you have where you step into the painting. ~ Thomas Kinkade
95 quotes by Thomas Kinkade
*One clue that there's something not quite real about sequential time the way you experience it is the various paradoxes of time supposedly passing and of a so-called 'present' that's always unrolling into the future and creating more and more past behind it. As if the present were this car - nice car by the way - and the past is the road we've just gone over, and the future is the headlit road up ahead we haven't yet gotten to, and time is the car's forward movement, and the precise present is the car's front bumper as it cuts through the fog of the future, so that it's now and then a tiny bit later a whole different now, etc. Except if time is really passing, how fast does it go? At what rate does the present change? See? Meaning if we use time to measure motion or rate - which we do, it's the only way you can - 95 miles per hour, 70 heartbeats a minute, etc. - how are you supposed to measure the rate at which time moves? One second per second? It makes no sense. You can't even talk about time flowing or moving without hitting up against paradox right away. So think for a second: What if there's really no movement at all? What if this is all unfolding in the one flash you call
the present, this first, infinitely tiny split-second of impact when the speeding car's front bumper's just starting to touch the abutment, just before the bumper crumples and displaces the front end and you go violently forward and the steering column comes back at your chest as if shot out of s ~ David Foster Wallace
95 quotes by David Foster Wallace
For the record, there were no framed pictures of me around our house, and the only class portrait Dad had ever ordered was the one from Sparta Elementary in which I'd sat, knees glued together, in front of a background that looked like Yosemite, sporting pink overalls and a lazy eye. "This is classic," Dad said. "That they shamelessly send me an order form so I can pay $69.95 for prints large and small of a photo in which my daughter looks as if she just suffered a great blow to her head - it just shows you, we are simply strapped to a motorized assembly line moving through this country. We're supposed to pay out, shut up or get tossed in the rejects bin. ~ Marisha Pessl
95 quotes by Marisha Pessl
The murder of Robert Krentz - whose family had been ranching in Arizona since 1907 - by illegal alien drug dealers was the final straw for many Arizonans. But there are dozens and dozens of other citizens of our state who had been murdered by illegal aliens. Currently 95 illegal aliens are in Maricopa County jail for murder. ~ Russell Pearce
95 quotes by Russell Pearce
Runners in shoes that cost more than $95 were more than twice as likely to get hurt as runners in shoes that cost less than $40. ~ Christopher McDougall
95 quotes by Christopher McDougall
The terms of copyright last far too long: either the life of the author plus 70 years after death for a personal work or 95 years for a corporate work. That length doesn't encourage more authorship - it merely limits the speakers who could share powerful speeches, books, and films. ~ Marvin Ammori
95 quotes by Marvin Ammori
motivation for not eating meat and dairy is to maintain optimal health, not to rid myself of the obsession and compulsion that are the hallmark of addiction. If obsession and compulsion are the issue - smoking cigarettes, not being able to stop texting your toxic ex, self-harm - and you want to get past it, you need a Bright Line. If health is your objective, there is no evidence that perfect is better than "really good." Seriously. You can comply with a health goal 95 percent of the time, and it will benefit you as much as 100 percent perfection. ~ Susan Peirce Thompson
95 quotes by Susan Peirce Thompson
I have found a shaft, going 29 meters [95 feet, approximately] vertically down into the ground, exactly halfway between the Chefren Pyramid and the Sphinx. At the bottom, which was filled with water, we have found a burial chamber with four pillars. In the middle is a large granite sarcophagus which I expect to be the grave of Osiris, the god, ~ Zahi Hawass
95 quotes by Zahi Hawass
Life is like a river, where one has to flow along with the present moments of love and understanding. Yet, we vigorously thrash about, trying to reach out and rest on the banks of desires and doubts, ultimately becoming a spent force, buried deep on the banks of past memories and future worries. - (Page 95) ~ Shashi
95 quotes by Shashi
The mode of the posterior distribution for is 0.9, equal to the maximum likelihood estimate (MLE), and the 95% credible interval extends from 0.59 to 0.98. ~ Michael D. Lee
95 quotes by Michael D. Lee
I don't think the game should be perfect. It's 95 percent mistakes out there - you have to work with 10 players on your side and another 11 against you. It's a crazy, chaotic game. ~ Tiffeny Milbrett
95 quotes by Tiffeny Milbrett
Although I'm a lead guitarist, I'd say that a good 95 percent of my time onstage is spent playing rhythm. ~ Kirk Hammett
95 quotes by Kirk Hammett
In one hotel, the maid who built the fire fainted in our room. Exhaustion was the cause. We talked with her later and learned that she worked 17 hours a day and makes 95 marks a month - about 50 cents. ~ Agnes Smedley
95 quotes by Agnes Smedley
Today about 95% of the prescription drugs sold are Maintenance drugs-drugs that treat only the symptoms of a disease, and that you are expected to take for the rest of your life. ~ Paul Zane Pilzer
95 quotes by Paul Zane Pilzer
In yesterday's post, I asked how many of you guys would have sex with a robot if it was indistinguishable from a hot human woman. About 95% of the hetero guys said they would. The other 5% expressed a strong preference for lying. ~ Scott Adams
95 quotes by Scott Adams
No person could fill twenty-six years of lack. And each personality had learned from experience that is was less painful to set limits than to have some external person set limits for us. (95) ~ Joan Frances Casey
95 quotes by Joan Frances Casey
If some unemployed punk in New Jersey, can get a cassette to make love to Elle McPherson for $19.95, this virtual reality stuff is going to make crack look like Sanka. ~ Dennis Miller
95 quotes by Dennis Miller
Experiment: To replace negative character labels, try the following steps:

1. Pick a new, positive character label that you would prefer. For example, if your old belief is "I'm incompetent," you would likely pick "I'm competent."

2. Rate how much you currently believe the old negative character label on a scale of 0 (= I don't believe it at all) to 100 (= I believe it completely). Do the same for the new positive belief. For example, you might say you believe "I'm incompetent" at level 95 and believe "I'm competent" at level 10 (the numbers don't need to add up to 100).

3. Create a Positive Data Log and a Historical Data Log. Strengthening your new, positive character label is often a more helpful approach than attempting to hack away at the old, negative one. I'm going to give you two experiments that will help you do this.

Positive Data Log. For two weeks, commit to writing down evidence that supports your new, positive character belief. For example, if you are trying to boost your belief in the thought "I'm competent" and you show up to an appointment on time, you can write that down as evidence.

Don't fall into the cognitive trap of discounting some of the evidence. For example, if you make a mistake and then sort it out, it's evidence of competence, not incompetence, so you could put that in your Positive Data Log.

Historical Data Log. This log looks back at periods of your life and finds evidence from t ~ Alice Boyes
95 quotes by Alice Boyes
At the very beginning, when the PR industry was invented, some 110 years ago, about 95 percent of the relations in politics and in busi- ness were hidden from the public - only the convenient information was made available, no more than 5 percent. ~ Maxim Behar
95 quotes by Maxim Behar
As a Fundamentalist I had discovered while I was in college that it is possible to dismiss the entire Church as having gone off the rails by about AD 95. That is, we, with our open Bibles, knew better than did old Ignatius or Clement, who had been taught by the very apostles themselves, just what the Church is and what it should look like. ~ Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke Of Norfolk
95 quotes by Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke Of Norfolk
Success is entirely accessible, even if you happen to be a huge screw-up 95 percent of the time. ~ Scott Adams
95 quotes by Scott Adams
I am 95% a theist and 5% an atheist; thus ultimately I am an agnostic. ~ Kedar Joshi
95 quotes by Kedar Joshi
More than 95 percent of both legal and illegal immigration into the United States is non-white. Because of the way immigration law is structured, the highest-skilled nations on earth - those of Europe - are allowed only a tiny percentage of immigrants, while the third world nations such as Mexico are dumping their chaff onto American shores at the highest rate in history. ~ David Duke
95 quotes by David Duke
Accounts vary as to the number of victims, but about 70 murdered civilians were reported to have been found in Nemmersdorf. There were about 95 more dead in the village of Schulzenwalde, some 8km to the southeast. By the scale of German atrocities in the Soviet Union and elsewhere, this was a modest total, but the sight of German women crucified along the road into Nemmersdorf shocked Jaedtke's battle-hardened men and the other groups that retook the village. Whatever ~ Prit Buttar
95 quotes by Prit Buttar
Times slows when your life is in danger. Every second takes a minute to pass, and even the smallest event gets chiseled into memory. (95) ~ John Bul Dau
95 quotes by John Bul Dau
I moved to New York in '92 and got my graduate degree in acting from NYU - they have a great acting program. I graduated in '95. ~ David Costabile
95 quotes by David Costabile
I often think about image, and image is something that - but in truth, the real artistic process, as I've understood it, is 95 percent intuitive, like seat-of-the-pants, at-the-moment decisions that you can't even explain, you know? ~ George Saunders
95 quotes by George Saunders
The sexual act - thinking about the sexual act, the telling about the sexual act, after the sexual act, is so much more important than the actual sexual act - just in time. It's like of the whole sexual act, you probably spend 95% of the time thinking about it, talking about it afterwards. The actually sexual act, especially when you're 17, is minutes. ~ Will Gluck
95 quotes by Will Gluck
The grandmothers decided on William's eighth birthday that the time had come for the boy to learn the value of money. With this in mind, they allocated him one dollar a week as pocket money, but insisted that he keep an inventory accounting for every cent he spent. Grandmother Kane presented him with a green leather-bound ledger, at a cost of 95 cents, which she deducted from his first week's allowance. From then on the grandmothers divided the dollar up every Saturday morning. William could invest 50 cents, spend 20 cents, give 10 cents to charity and keep 20 cents in reserve. At the end of each quarter they would inspect the ledger and his written report on any unusual transactions. ~ Jeffrey Archer
95 quotes by Jeffrey Archer
I'm a strong opponent of all religious belief.
... And supposedly 95% of Americans say they believe in God - that's worrying.
... Religions are Trojan horses which conceal profoundly strange psychopathy strains. There's no other explanation for them. The sheer fear of death has been the main engine of religions for a very long time. ~ J.G. Ballard
95 quotes by J.G. Ballard
You want at least 5% of the population being serious. That five, 6% of the population carries the rest of the people. You've heard that old axiom: 5% of the people pull the wagon; 95% are in it. ~ Rush Limbaugh
95 quotes by Rush Limbaugh
It is not true what everyone always says that the only way to see America is to go across it by car. Apart from the fact that it is impossible given its enormous size, it is also deadly boring. A few outings on the motorway are enough to give an idea of what small-town and even village America is like on average, with the endless suburbs along the highways, a sight of desperate squalor, with all those low buildings, petrol stations or other shops which look like them, and the colours of the writing on the shop signs, and you realize 95 per cent of America is a country of ugliness, oppressiveness and sameness, in short of relentless monotony. ~ Italo Calvino
95 quotes by Italo Calvino
Today, of Americans officially designated as 'poor', 99 per cent have electricity, running water, flush toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 per cent have a television, 88 per cent a telephone, 71 per cent a car and 70 per cent air conditioning. Cornelius Vanderbilt had none of these. ~ Matt Ridley
95 quotes by Matt Ridley
There is nothing wrong with being fascinated by the dark side of life, and ourselves, but woe to those who think this is representative of reality. All too many of us sit in our homes watching TV, falling prey to the delusion that the world is getting worse. If these sorry individuals spent more time meeting their neighbors, they'd discover that 95% of their peers are fine people. ~ Anthony Marais
95 quotes by Anthony Marais
Sometimes I rush my swing because I am so anxious to play well. In Cuba, the quality of the pitching is not the same as it is here. There you might find one or two pitchers at 94 or 95 mph. Here, every day I find several, and each pitcher who comes along throws his hardest stuff. ~ Yoenis Cespedes
95 quotes by Yoenis Cespedes
Who lives longer? The man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time. ~ Aldous Huxley
95 quotes by Aldous Huxley
Route 95 in Connecticut and New York is basically a series of construction areas masquerading as an interstate highway. ~ Harlan Coben
95 quotes by Harlan Coben
When you get over 95, every day is your day. ~ Bob Hope
95 quotes by Bob Hope
Yeah, the next Wu album should be out by late '95. ~ Method Man
95 quotes by Method Man
When I want to do something mindless to relax, I reinstall Windows 95. ~ Jean-Louis Gassee
95 quotes by Jean-Louis Gassee
Most Australians live in the cities on the east coast, where contact between black and white occurred as much as 200 years earlier than on the west coast - and where 95 percent of Australians are able to live 95 percent of their lives without ever seeing an Aboriginal face. ~ Phillip Noyce
95 quotes by Phillip Noyce
During the last year she was alive, at age 95, my mother said many times, "It's so freeing to realize that nothing really matters." She said it joyously, with relief, as if a burden had been lifted. She also said over and over, "Love yourself".

Tollifson, Joan. Nothing to Grasp (p. 174). New Harbinger Publications. Kindle Edition. ~ Joan Tollifson
95 quotes by Joan Tollifson
For me, the essence of the great American Dream is spiritual. I believe that our Constitution is inspired and that it is based on principles that are timeless and universal. This is the reason why 95% of all written constitutions throughout the world are modeled after our Constitution. ~ Stephen Covey
95 quotes by Stephen Covey
Practically overnight the budgets of federal law enforcement agencies soared. Between 1980 and 1984, FBI antidrug funding increased from $8 million to $95 million.73 Department of Defense antidrug allocations increased from $33 million in 1981 to $1,042 million in 1991. During that same period, DEA antidrug spending grew from $86 to $1,026 million, and FBI antidrug allocations grew from $38 to $181 million.74 By contrast, funding for agencies responsible for drug treatment, prevention, and education was dramatically reduced. The budget of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, for example, was reduced from $274 million to $57 million from 1981 to 1984, and antidrug funds allocated to the Department of Education were cut from $14 million to $3 million.75 ~ Michelle Alexander
95 quotes by Michelle Alexander
Chapter 95
Fairfield, Connecticut – May 8, 2015

"No nation ever had an army large enough to guarantee it against attack in time of peace, or ensure it of victory in time of war. ~ Calvin Coolidge
95 quotes by Calvin Coolidge
... it is estimated that approximately 95 percent of agricultural workers in the United States were born in Mexico, 52 percent of them unauthorized ~ Seth Holmes
95 quotes by Seth Holmes
The scary thing is that in my lifetime, 95 per cent of the world's rhinos have been killed. ~ Mark Carwardine
95 quotes by Mark Carwardine
Most of us have become Ecozombies, desensitized, environmental deadheads. On average, society conditions us to spend over 95% of our time and 99.9% of our thinking disconnected from nature. Nature's extreme absence in our lives leaves us abandoned and wanting. We feel we never have enough. We greedily, destructively, consume and, can't stop. Nature's loss in our psyche produces a hurt, hungering, void within us that bullies us into our dilemmas. ~ Michael J. Cohen
95 quotes by Michael J. Cohen
Today Americans living below the poverty line are not just light-years ahead of most Africans; they're light-years ahead of the wealthiest Americans from just a century ago. Today 99 percent of Americans living below the poverty line have electricity, water, flushing toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 percent have a television; 88 percent have a telephone; 71 percent have a car; and 70 percent even have air-conditioning. This may not seem like much, but one hundred years ago men like Henry Ford and Cornelius Vanderbilt were among the richest on the planet, but they enjoyed few of these luxuries. ~ Peter H. Diamandis
95 quotes by Peter H. Diamandis
Every group, every system has a set of values and morals and when you get outside those, then the alarms ring. I was politically incorrect to 95% of the country; luckily my 5% had the bread to come see me. ~ Lenny Bruce
95 quotes by Lenny Bruce
Here's something that might not occur to you: If a state trooper sees a weird, patchwork Toyota Echo
hurtling down 1-95, and it looks like half of a small country is immigrating to the States in this one little car,
you might get stopped. ~ James Patterson
95 quotes by James Patterson
If you are really effective at what you do, 95% of the things said about you will be negative. ~ Scott Boras
95 quotes by Scott Boras
I started, me by myself, found a great co-founder, got up to 95 people, and then it ended with me by myself again. ~ Dan Stuart
95 quotes by Dan Stuart
But in most places, the new global diet has involved a narrowing down of what people eat. Our world contains around seven thousand edible crops, yet 95 per cent of what we eat comes from just thirty of those crops. As omnivores, humans are designed to eat a varied diet, so there's something strange and wrong when, as a species, we become so limited in our choice of foods ~ Bee Wilson
95 quotes by Bee Wilson
When Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant met in what is still considered the biggest wrestling match of all time, exaggeration was in the air. According to various contemporary reports, there were 95,000 people on hand at WrestleMania III to see the 7-foot-5, 525-pound Andre square off against Hulk Hogan, who stood 6-foot-8 and weighed 320 pounds and whose biceps measured twenty-four inches around. Probably the only number in that last sentence that's unimpeachable is the III. ~ David Shoemaker
95 quotes by David Shoemaker
When people look for products and services online, they seldom convert on their first visit. In fact, depending on the industry, 95 to 98 percent of people leave a website without taking the desired business action, such as make a purchase, fill out a lead form, download software, and so on. ~ Adam Berke
95 quotes by Adam Berke
Curly: Wait a minute! Y'know I'm temperamental.
Moe: Ya, 95 percent temper,5 percent mental ~ The Three Stooges
95 quotes by The Three Stooges
Since 95 percent of the people are imitators and only 5 percent initiators, people are persuaded more by the actions of others than by any proof we can offer. ~ Robert B. Cialdini
95 quotes by Robert B. Cialdini
I felt like calling attention to AIDS. I had the AIDS ribbon colored into my hair during the playoffs in '95. ~ Dennis Rodman
95 quotes by Dennis Rodman
But oxygen's easier to find on Mars than you might think. The atmosphere is 95 percent CO2. And I happen to have a machine whose sole purpose is liberating oxygen from CO2. Yay, oxygenator! ~ Andy Weir
95 quotes by Andy Weir
I figure I'm still good for painting until 95 or thereabouts. ~ Bern Will Brown
95 quotes by Bern Will Brown
Dallas Mavericks want me as a bald-headed 5' 8" guard with a 95" vertical.
Vince Carter respect my legs, ask Shawn Kemp. ~ Kool Keith
95 quotes by Kool Keith
If it is not tempered by compassion, and empathy, reason can lead men and women into a moral void. (95) ~ Karen Armstrong
95 quotes by Karen Armstrong
God loves everyone. so if you say nobody loves you then i'm calling bullshit
Dear bullies, see that boy you made fun of for crying? Last night his best friend committed suicide. See that girl you called fat? She's starving herself. See that old man you made fun of because of the ugly scars? He fought for our country. Post this if you're against bullying. I bet 95% of you won't."

- –██ - – Put this on
- –██ - – your Wall
██████ - if you're not
- –██ - – embarrassed
- –██ - – to tell others
- –██ - – that you
- –██ - – believe in God! ~ Stormeborne
95 quotes by Stormeborne
People get on a show and they fought tooth and nail. Almost 95% of the actors out there want to be on a television series. Then as soon as they get onto one, no, no, I want to be a movie star. This television series stuff, no, no no. ~ Victoria Pratt
95 quotes by Victoria Pratt
Work is a four letter word. It conjures up the same image the world over getting up in the morning to do something you don't want to do, day in day out. After a few months work, or years, depending on the person's primeval yearning for freedom, you feel like a robot: alarm clock, get up, wash, catch the train, work, go home, watch TV, go to bed. In that one sentence I've probably just described the daily routine of 95% of the working population of England. It's the same in every other developed country in the world. Routine is the cause of most marriage break ups and social discontent. ~ John Harris
95 quotes by John Harris
I'd rather die riding 95 than live a life full of nothing but filthy lies. ~ Mitch Lucker
95 quotes by Mitch Lucker
They're saying Arnold will get 95% of the vote. At least according to his brother, Jeb Schwarzenegger. ~ Craig Kilborn
95 quotes by Craig Kilborn
To be modest in speaking truth is hypocrisy. TM-ST-95 ~ Kahlil Gibran
95 quotes by Kahlil Gibran
40% of homicides go unsolved. You know, it's not a very good record. And, also, 95% of convictions in America come from plea bargaining, which is often coerced. It's like we have the worst of both worlds. We don't convict the guilty enough, and we coerce the innocent too much. ~ Bill Maher
95 quotes by Bill Maher
We are clearcutting virgin forests around the world, and 95 percent of species in the clearcut zone have never been studied. So we clearcut a part of the virgin forest and now part of our ecosystem has been wiped out. Some of it may grow back, and some of it won't. ~ Horst Rechelbacher
95 quotes by Horst Rechelbacher
For new atheists, the science is settled, the data is conclusive and the book (no, not the "Good Book") has been written. Time for everyone else to pack up and move on to other business, like, presumably, accumulating wealth and fulminating at the sight of the nearest Christmas tree. The militant atheist wants nothing more than to spoil the believer's spiritual journey. That's both mean-spirited and radically unenlightened. Though more than 95% of the world finds some meaning in faith, God-hating comic Bill Maher shrugs this off as a "neurological disorder." His version of a quest for knowledge was a series of scathing jokes at the faithfuls' expense in the documentary "Religulous." The latest incarnation of the thought-eschewing secularist is American Atheists spokesman Dave Silverman, who sums up the argument this way on atheistnexus.org: "Religion is my bitch." He has also tweeted, "Yes it is a myth. Deal with it. All delusions are myths." It's these snarky and condescending rejections, not of faith itself but of those who profess it, that reflect a total unwillingness to learn something new about human nature, the world around us and even of science itself. While the neo-atheists pay only cursory attention to dismantling arguments for God, they spend most of their time painting his followers as uncultured rubes. The fact that religion has inexplicably persisted, even despite Copernicus, Darwin and the Enlightenment, doesn't seem to have much sociological meaning for them. ~ S.E. Cupp
95 quotes by S.E. Cupp
I got into comics on John Byrne's run of the X-Men and the Dark Phoenix Saga. I got in around X-Men 95, right when it turned to the new X-Men. So that whole family, all those characters are kind of my favorite characters, just the X-Men world. ~ Timothy Miller
95 quotes by Timothy Miller
The most overwhelming proof that tax incentives have a relatively minor effect on individual charity is the tremendous consistency over time of giving as a percentage of income. Although the tax code has changed frequently and dramatically over the past twenty-three years, giving as a share of personal income has hovered around 1.83 percent. This measure reached as high as 1.95 percent in 1989 and as low as 1.71 percent in 1985. The narrow range has persisted even though the top marginal tax rate has fluctuated in that period from between 28 and 70 percent. ~ John S. Barry
95 quotes by John S. Barry
I kept pushing the old noga through the floorboards near, and the Durango 95 ate up the road like spaghetti. ~ Anthony Burgess
95 quotes by Anthony Burgess
How most people carry on is a mystery. What they talk about at supper. How they can stand to sit in front of a TV from eight until Leno every night. How they can think bowling is fun. How they choose their neckties. How they bear the weight of everyday life without screaming. How a person can go through a whole life and never once contemplate suicide, like people who have never once wanted to be a movie star. How one young man can be handsome and strong and marry and heiress and work at Debevoise and Plimpton and retire to Nantucket to await the visits of his grandchildren, how they can be sailing in the bay while another young man, exactly like the first, can end up in a glass room in Lexington, Kentucky, on Haldol and Thorazine, without hope, without a girlfriend, without a future, and how easily the one can become the other. How one woman can take Gatorade to every one of her son's lacrosse games and another can lie in bed all day weeping, popping generic drugs, watching Oprah as though waiting for the Second Coming, and piling her dirty dishes in the laundry room. How life goes in bad directions when your heart is asleep. It's a mystery and there is no answer. (95) ~ Robert Goolrick
95 quotes by Robert Goolrick
Kate lost a mother," I said, "but I lost a nothing."
Kate doesn't feel that way," Jack assured me.
But what about everybody else besides Kate? How can I ever explain to anyone what she was when she and I had no name? People need names for everything. I wasn't a relative or a friend, I was just an object of her kindness."
He wiped my cheeks, saying Ssshh. I buried my face in his shoulder.
True kindness is stabilizing," I went on. "When you feel it and when you express it, it becomes the whole meaning of things. Like all there is to achieve. It's life, demystified. A place out of self, a network of simple pleasures, not a waltz, but like whirls within a waltz."
You're the one now," Jack said definitively. "That's why you met her. She had something she had to pass on." (p. 95) ~ Hilary Thayer Hamann
95 quotes by Hilary Thayer Hamann
In the European Union, a fleet average of 95 grams of CO2 per kilometer will be permitted in 2020. This corresponds to fuel consumption of about four liters (per 100 kilometers; about 59 mpg). We have to continue reducing the fuel consumption of our vehicles and offer hybrid and electric vehicles, or else we will be unable to achieve these values. ~ Norbert Reithofer
95 quotes by Norbert Reithofer
I liked working with Republicans. We had five pretty good years after we had that bad year in '95 that culminated in two government shutdowns. But then they really decided that they liked being in the majority for the first time in forty years, and they wanted to get some things done, and I agreed, to get things I wanted. It was all perfectly transparent. Everybody knew what they wanted and what I wanted. ~ William J. Clinton
95 quotes by William J. Clinton
People hate cardio. I hate cardio. But pick the five top songs that you love. Do your cardio during these songs, and you're done. I'd say 95 percent of the time you don't even know you just did it. ~ Taylor Kitsch
95 quotes by Taylor Kitsch
I was on cruise control from '85 to '95, and it was my fault. There were a lot of self-inflicted wounds, when I was not doing any original material. I wasn't directing. I wasn't writing. That's not who I am. ~ Sylvester Stallone
95 quotes by Sylvester Stallone
It's kind of hard to find something that will get your juices flowing if you're somewhat critical. I have a hard time finding great things for myself in '94 and certainly in '95. ~ Dick Latvala
95 quotes by Dick Latvala
Incidentally, over half the illegal population supposedly came to America after September 11, 2001.95 That's to say, they broke into a country on Code Orange alert. Odd that. ~ Mark Steyn
95 quotes by Mark Steyn
A first meeting. A meeting in the desert, a meeting at sea, meeting in the city, meeting at night, meeting at a grave, meeting in the sunshine beside the forest, beside water. Human beings meet, yet the meetings are not the same. Meeting partakes in its very essence not only of the persons but of the place of meeting. And that essence of place remains, and colours, faintly, the association, perhaps forever.
Ethel Wilson, Swamp Angel. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 1990 (page 95). ~ Ethel Wilson
95 quotes by Ethel Wilson
Samrat Cricket Betting Tips bring you the most 95 percent accurate Cricket predictions and betting tips for Cricket Betting Tips Free, IPL Betting Tips, Free Cricket Betting Tips, CBTF, Big bash and Ram Slam Betting Tips, etc from expert tipsters and Only Sure Reports. Visit at samratcricketbettingtips.com ~ Samrat Cricket Betting Tips
95 quotes by Samrat Cricket Betting Tips
Magic is 10% secrets and 90% presentation. Mentalism is 5% secrets and 95% presentation. ~ Harish Kumar
95 quotes by Harish Kumar
It was very damp and misty–which some people from outside the Pacific Northwest consider to be rain, but I do not. This is typical weather for the Pacific Northwest and Olympia. It is often wet in Olympia, but we have an average of only 49.95 inches a year of actual precipitation. That's less than in Denver. In Olympia, the air is damp, and water collects and drips from everywhere. We do not get big downpours, but we get damp and spongy.

I don't care. It helps the trees grow, and I climb the trees. ~ Ned Hayes
95 quotes by Ned Hayes
Central Park Quotes «
» 96 Quotes