75 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 75.

Quotes About 75

Enjoy collection of 100 75 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 75. Righ click to see and save pictures of 75 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I will say nothing against the course of my existence. But at bottom it has been nothing but pain and burden, and I can affirm that during the whole of my 75 years, I have not had four weeks of genuine well-being. It is but the perpetual rolling of a rock that must be raised up again forever. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
75 quotes by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million, and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job. ~ Donald Trump
75 quotes by Donald Trump
Divorce is contagious. That's right - when you have a close couple friend split up, it increases your chances of getting a divorce by 75 percent. ~ Jenna McCarthy
75 quotes by Jenna McCarthy
Lone at night, when I was twelve years old, I looked at the planet Mars and I said, 'Take me home!' And the planet Mars took me home, and I never came back. So I've written every day in the last 75 years. I've never stopped writing. ~ Ray Bradbury
75 quotes by Ray Bradbury
4x4 is 75% ability, and 25% equipment. ~ Jury Nel
75 quotes by Jury Nel
Up till recently 75% of all inventions from the time of the industrial revolution is credited to the countries where Protestant ethics were taught ~ Sunday Adelaja
75 quotes by Sunday Adelaja
I've got a kid in Africa that I feed, that I clothe, that I school, that I inoculate for 75 cents a day. Which is practically nothing compared to what it cost to send him there. ~ Anthony Jeselnik
75 quotes by Anthony Jeselnik
Most of the mutual fund investments I have are index funds, approximately 75%. ~ Charles R. Schwab
75 quotes by Charles R. Schwab
In my day it was 75 percent car and mechanic, 25 percent driver and luck. Today it's 95 percent car. ~ Juan Manuel Fangio
75 quotes by Juan Manuel Fangio
By the time a town is 75 or 100 years old, it may be filled with those who have come to idealize their isolation. Often these are people who never left at all, or fled back to the safety of the town after a try at college a few hundred miles from home, or returned after college regarding the values of the broader, more pluralistic world they had encountered as something to protect themselves and their families from... ~ Kathleen Norris
75 quotes by Kathleen Norris
I don't want to be throwing the football on the front yard when I'm 75. I mean, I'm not opposed to men doing that. But I don't think it's gonna work for me. ~ Alec Baldwin
75 quotes by Alec Baldwin
A great paradox...red states are poorere and have more teen mothers, more divorce, worse health, more obesity, more trauma-related deaths, more low-birth-weight babies, and lower school enrollment....The gap in life expectancey between Louisiana (75.7) and Connecticut (80.8) is the same as that between the U.S. and Nicaragua....And the problem transcends race; an average black in Maryland lives four years longer, earns twice as much, and is twice as likely to have a college degree as a black in Louisiana. And whites in Louisiana are wrose off than whites in Maryland or anywhere else outside Mississippi. Louisiana has suffered many environmental problems too: there are nearly 400 miles of low, flat, subsiding coastline, adn the state loses a football field-size patch of wetland every hour. It is threatened by rising sea levels and severe hurricanes, which the world's top scientists connect to climate change. ~ Arlie Russell Hochschild
75 quotes by Arlie Russell Hochschild
Have you lived 75 years, or have you lived one year 75 times? ~ Wayne W. Dyer
75 quotes by Wayne W. Dyer
Whenever I see a tree that is climbable, it must be climbed. Sometimes when I'm on a run, I'll just run up a tree, jump on a branch and swing off. My favorite tree, in Saratoga, gets me a good 75 feet up. ~ Aaron Patzer
75 quotes by Aaron Patzer
The average American teenager sends or receives 75 text messages a day, though one girl in Sacramento managed to handle an average of 10,000 every 24 hours for a month. ~ Pico Iyer
75 quotes by Pico Iyer
For every 100 women who earn a bachelors degree, 75 men do so. For every 100 American women who earn a Masters degree, 66 American men do so. For every 100 females, ages 20 to 24, who commit suicide, 624 males do so. For every 100 women, ages 18 to 21, in correctional facilities, 1430 men are so confined. ~ Mitch Pearlstein
75 quotes by Mitch Pearlstein
By allowing businesses to expense up to $75,000, it means somebody is more likely to buy a copying machine, or in this case, an architectural ... fancy machine. ~ George W. Bush
75 quotes by George W. Bush
For everyone who's a valedictorian, there's another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds - and they've got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act. ~ Steve King
75 quotes by Steve King
I know if I stopped hosting 'Wine Library TV,' we'd probably lose 75 percent of our audience, but the remaining 25 percent is still a big number. ~ Gary Vaynerchuk
75 quotes by Gary Vaynerchuk
Now, 75 years later in an abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, iPods, and minds like empty rooms, I still plod along with books. Instant information is not for me. I prefer to search library stacks because when I work to learn something, I remember it. And, Oprah, can you imagine curling up in bed to read a computer? Weeping for Anna Karenina and being terrified by Hannibal Lecter, entering the heart of darkness with Mistah Kurtz, having Holden Caulfield ring you up - some things should happen on soft pages, not cold metal. ~ Harper Lee
75 quotes by Harper Lee
Its 75 Degrees! In December! ~ Sarah Dessen
75 quotes by Sarah Dessen
Just do the math. In the next 50 to 75 years, people will be living to be 130 and 140. They'll be working until they're 100. It's incredible. ~ Willard Scott
75 quotes by Willard Scott
I had casually rented an apartment that cost $75 a month because I expected my writing to pay my way. ~ A.E. Van Vogt
75 quotes by A.E. Van Vogt
The two areas growing fastest - IP litigation and labor & employment - together make up only 13% of law firm revenue, while the six shrinking segments account for 32% of revenue (note that the practice areas displayed account only for about 75% of total revenue, presumably because displaying them all would require more detail than would be useful). ~ Bruce Macewen
75 quotes by Bruce Macewen
Sometime in the future - 25, 50, 75 years hence - what will the situation be like then? By that time the Chinese will have the capability of delivery too. ~ Curtis LeMay
75 quotes by Curtis LeMay
Most of the managers are lifetime .220 hitters. For years pitchers have been getting these managers out 75% of the time and that's why they don't like us. ~ Bill Lee
75 quotes by Bill Lee
In our mind, it has to do with our job, or our drive home, or a fight we had with someone, or, well, sometimes it has to do with sex, but most of the time, 75% of the time, it's just because we had a bad day and want to focus on something else. ~ Jason Donnelly
75 quotes by Jason Donnelly
He wanted to bring up his plan for a retreat, but something told him not to. "Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?" he opened instead. "Yes," Grant replied chewing on a cigar. "Lick 'em tomorrow, though."75 ~ Robert L. O'Connell
75 quotes by Robert L. O'Connell
You shall see rude and sturdy, experienced and wise men, keeping their castles, or teaming up their summer's wood, or chopping alone in the woods, men fuller of talk and rare adventure in the sun and wind and rain, than a chestnut is of meat; who were out not only in '75 and 1812, but have been out every day of their lives; greater men than Homer, or Chaucer, or Shakespeare, only they never got time to say so; they never took to the way of writing. Look at their fields, and imagine what they might write, if ever they should put pen to paper. Or what have they not written on the face of the earth already, clearing, and burning, and scratching, and harrowing, and plowing, and subsoiling, in and in, and out and out, and over and over, again and again, erasing what they had already written for want of parchment. ~ Henry David Thoreau
75 quotes by Henry David Thoreau
I realized that in those nine seasons I started out at about 225 pounds and I felt, you know, full figured fabulous woman but in those seasons I gained 75 pounds up to over 300 pounds all in front of the nation. ~ Star Jones
75 quotes by Star Jones
I started in the supermarket business in the early '70s. And by '75, '76, I realized you don't have a business unless you own the real estate. ~ John Catsimatidis
75 quotes by John Catsimatidis
According to a recent study reported in Relevant magazine, only 10 to 25 percent of the typical American congregation tithes (that is, gives the biblical starting point of 10 percent) to the church, the poor, and Kingdom causes. The same report concluded that if the remaining 75 to 90 percent of American Christians began to tithe regularly, then global hunger, starvation, and death from preventable diseases could be relieved within five years. Additionally, illiteracy could be eliminated, the world's water and sanitation issues could be solved, all overseas mission work could be fully funded, and over $100 billion per year would be left over for additional ministry.[18] ~ Scott Sauls
75 quotes by Scott Sauls
I never had children, never even thought I would have children. Now I have 152 daughters; expecting 75 more next year. That is some type of gestation period. ~ Oprah Winfrey
75 quotes by Oprah Winfrey
Currently, we're finding that about 75 percent of potential jurors have anger or deep-seated hatred toward anyone associated with Enron. ~ Michael Ramsey
75 quotes by Michael Ramsey
About five years ago, the courses we run in the Field Trials were 52 percent timber. The hawks live in trees, and the quail nest on the ground. Since then we've trimmed back about 1,200 acres of trees to get it closer to the ideal course ratio of 25 percent trees/75 percent open ground. ~ Rick Carlisle
75 quotes by Rick Carlisle
Your longest drives will come when you feel you're swinging at 75 percent. ~ Ernie Els
75 quotes by Ernie Els
you will understand when I tell you that this staff is about 75% Jewish

--Letters from Nuremberg, page 135 ~ Christopher J. Dodd
75 quotes by Christopher J. Dodd
President Obama's been reaching out to Iran, reaching out to Cuba, reaching out to Latin America. The only place he can't seem to be able to reach out to: Texas ... Despite Governor Rick Perry talking about how Texas could secede from the Union if it wanted to, 75 per cent of the people who live there want to stay in the United States. Of course they want to stay. I mean, after spending all that time and effort sneaking across the border to get here, why would they want to leave? ~ Jay Leno
75 quotes by Jay Leno
If the churches don't move, much of the community won't move. We've got a situation in which a black church is still a major institution in the black community where 55 percent of the black folk attend and over 75 pass through its doors. ~ Cornel West
75 quotes by Cornel West
No surprise, China leads the world in the consumption of steel, copper, aluminum, lead, stainless steel, gold, silver, palladium, zinc, platinum, rare earth compounds, and pretty much anything else labeled "metal." But China is desperately short of metal resources of its own. For example, in 2012 China produced 5.6 million tons of copper, of which 2.75 million tons was made from scrap. Of that scrap copper, 70 percent was imported, with most coming from the United States. In other words, just under half of China's copper supply is imported as scrap metal. That's not a trivial matter: copper, more than any other metal, is essential to modern life. It is the means by which we transmit power and information. ~ Adam Minter
75 quotes by Adam Minter
I'm willing to die for the woman I love. I just want to take 75 years to do it. ~ Jarod Kintz
75 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I wanted to be a 150% entrepreneur and a 150% mom, and I found that I was having a very hard time doing both. I was about 75% and 75% - still better than 100%, but not what I was accustomed to at work. ~ Barbara Corcoran
75 quotes by Barbara Corcoran
We see all around the world where women's rights are denied, where governments don't believe in educating their girls. There are 800 million people in the world who are illiterate and 75 percent of them are women and girls. ~ Laura Bush
75 quotes by Laura Bush
Between 45 and 75 per cent of worldwide carbon emissions are controlled by or attributed to urban areas.7, ~ Stephen R.J. Sheppard
75 quotes by Stephen R.J. Sheppard
60 advocates of unorthodox therapies whose credentials are given in the ACS book (above).( Of these 60, thirty-nine or almost two-thirds, hold ... medical degrees from such universities as Harvard, Illinois, Northwestern, Yale, Dublin, Oxford, or Toronto. Two are osteopaths. 3 ... also hold ... (PhD's) ... scientific ... reputable ... 8 others received PhD's in such fields as chemistry, physiology, bacteriology, parasitology, or medical physics, from ... Yale, Johns Hopkins, UC Berkeley, Columbia, and NYU. Thus over 75% ... are medical doctors or doctors of philosophy in scientific areas. ~ Ralph W. Moss
75 quotes by Ralph W. Moss
We're in an inflection point where it's cheaper to learn to read on a tablet computer than it is to learn to read on paper. And that being the case, it's only a matter of time before every 6-year-old kid has a tablet computer, and we know for a fact, 3- to 4-year-old kids are using tablets and iPads, and 75 and 80 year olds are using them. ~ Michael J. Saylor
75 quotes by Michael J. Saylor
When someone is honestly 55 percent right, that's very good and there's no use wrangling. And if someone is 60 percent right, it's wonderful, it's great luck, and let him thank God.

But what's to be said about 75 percent right? Wise people say this is suspicious. Well, and what about 100 percent right? Whoever says he's 100 percent right is a fanatic, a thug, and the worst kind of rascal. ~ Czeslaw Milosz
75 quotes by Czeslaw Milosz
When I was auditioning for 'Gotham,' I got a handful of comics from different decades, so I had a perspective - it's been around for 75 years, which is a long time. ~ Cory Michael Smith
75 quotes by Cory Michael Smith
The much-vaunted sex appeal of American women is drawn from films, reviews and pin-ups, and is in large print fictitious. A recent medical survey in the United States showed that 75% of young American women are without strong sexual feeling and instead of satisfying their libido they seek pleasure narcissistically in exhibitionism, vanity, and the cult of fitness and health in a sterile sense. ~ Julius Evola
75 quotes by Julius Evola
With approximately 75 per cent of our rubbish generated by packaging, a few simple steps - buying loose fruit and veg, choosing products with recyclable packaging, and avoiding individually wrapped portions - can have a big impact. ~ Sheherazade Goldsmith
75 quotes by Sheherazade Goldsmith
a 2011 survey by Food Safety News showed that 75 percent of honey on store shelves had no pollen in it. All honey has at least a few grains of pollen that remain in it after normal straining, and that pollen is the only definitive way to determine country and even region of origin. A complete lack of pollen indicates one of two things: The jar has no honey in it at all, or the honey has been ultrafiltered by heating and forcing the honey through tiny filters to remove all of the pollen. ~ Mark L. Winston
75 quotes by Mark L. Winston
Whether a studio partner is 50/50 with us, or we do 100%, or we do 75% or 90% and for the most part they just distribute, whether that's Warner Brothers or now Universal, it's always a unique situation. Every movie is almost like a start up company. ~ Thomas Tull
75 quotes by Thomas Tull
Area 51 is located in southern Nevada desert about 75 miles north of Las Vegas. It's set inside a greater land parcel that's about the size of the state of Connecticut that's called the 'Nevada Test and Training Range.' ~ Annie Jacobsen
75 quotes by Annie Jacobsen
Across the country, red states are poorer and have more teen mothers, more divorce, worse health, more obesity, more trauma-related deaths, more low-birth-weight babies, and lower school enrollment. On average, people in red states die five years earlier than people in blue states. Indeed, the gap in life expectancy between Louisiana (75.7) and Connecticut (80.8) is the same as that between the United States and Nicaragua. Red states suffer more in another highly important but little-known way, one that speaks to the very biological self-interest in health and life: industrial pollution. ~ Arlie Russell Hochschild
75 quotes by Arlie Russell Hochschild
I'm going to be singing Dreams and Rhiannon when I'm 75 - and that's just fine with me. I just hope my chiffon doesn't get tangled in my rocking chair. ~ Stevie Nicks
75 quotes by Stevie Nicks
Africa is the most weathered continent in the world; 75 percent of its soil has been degraded. You don't just bring that back. I always like to say it's like putting an oxygen mask on a cadaver; it just isn't going to work. ~ Howard Graham Buffett
75 quotes by Howard Graham Buffett
Practically overnight the budgets of federal law enforcement agencies soared. Between 1980 and 1984, FBI antidrug funding increased from $8 million to $95 million.73 Department of Defense antidrug allocations increased from $33 million in 1981 to $1,042 million in 1991. During that same period, DEA antidrug spending grew from $86 to $1,026 million, and FBI antidrug allocations grew from $38 to $181 million.74 By contrast, funding for agencies responsible for drug treatment, prevention, and education was dramatically reduced. The budget of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, for example, was reduced from $274 million to $57 million from 1981 to 1984, and antidrug funds allocated to the Department of Education were cut from $14 million to $3 million.75 ~ Michelle Alexander
75 quotes by Michelle Alexander
Those born in the poorest quarter of American society have an 8% chance of earning a college degree. Those born in the wealthiest quarter of American society have a 75% chance of earning a college degree. ~ David Brooks
75 quotes by David Brooks
All sorts of cultists and queer fish teach all kinds of techniques for achieving health, contentment, peace of mind; and for many of their hearers, many of these techniques are demonstrably effective. but do we see respectable psychologists, philosophers and clergymen boldly descending into those odd and sometimes malodorous wells, at the bottom of which poor Truth is so often condemned to sit? yet once more the answer is, no. ~ Aldous Huxley
75 quotes by Aldous Huxley
One of my biggest personal holdings is Rotana. That company has a very dominant force in the Middle East. It has around 45% of all the movie industry and around 75% of all the music. ~ Al-Waleed Bin Talal
75 quotes by Al-Waleed Bin Talal
What colour are your eyes?
Olly (O): blue
Madeline (M): Be more specific please
O: jesus. girls. ocean blue
M: Atlantic or Pacific
O: atlantic. What colour are yours?
M: Chocolate brown.
O: More specific please
M: 75% cacao butter, dark chocolate brown
O: hehe. nice ~ Nicola Yoon
75 quotes by Nicola Yoon
I have the sudden thought that Monotheism etc. may not be 'Progress' after all, as I had been taught in school and life under the (unconscious) influence of Hegel. My Damascus: 'But then the Jews were wrong!?' The Chosen People not chosen for Beauty like the Greeks? Only for Morality, and what a Morality: the curses of J.C.! I have never recovered from my 'Damascus', and today at the age of 75, I hold it even with more fervour than 50 years ago. ~ Oscar Levy
75 quotes by Oscar Levy
I believe my voice is pretty much the same. I've written 75 books, so I'm better at it now than I was earlier in my career. ~ Caroline B. Cooney
75 quotes by Caroline B. Cooney
I was much more comfortable and a much better congressman running in a district that was 37 percent black, where I had to have a white constituency to get elected, than I would have been if I was in a 75 percent black district. ~ Andrew Young
75 quotes by Andrew Young
Man's natural life span, 75 to 90 years or so, has not increased. It is the number of us who manage to attain it that has increased. ~ Andrew Tobias
75 quotes by Andrew Tobias
I feel like if we can use the combination of basically data-driven hunches and bet on really first-class talent to deliver the shows, that I think we could do as well as the networks do, who basically have a 75 to 80 percent failure rate for new shows anyway - even after all that development and pilot work. ~ Ted Sarandos
75 quotes by Ted Sarandos
As Ben Franklin said, "Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75." I ~ Steve Kamb
75 quotes by Steve Kamb
I am an average player, but even the great players don't have an average of 42, with a strike-rate of 75. ~ Misbah-ul-Haq
75 quotes by Misbah-ul-Haq
Simpler smaller stages: Breakdown all your plans into simpler smaller stages and you shall be able to achieve them. Don't just have a holistic plan; break them down into daily targets, weekly targets and monthly targets. For example, a student should not just have "I want to pass my accountancy exams by 75% in June sitting". Break this down into stages like "I shall study 2 hours at dawn, 3 days in a week and study 5 hours on weekends". ~ Siegfried Silverman
75 quotes by Siegfried Silverman
The IPCC explicitly addressed - and rejected - the Marshall Institute argument for blaming the Sun. The upper limits on solar variability, they explained, are "small compared with greenhouse forcing and even if such a change occurred over the next few decades, it would be swamped by the enhanced greenhouse effect."75 ~ Naomi Oreskes
75 quotes by Naomi Oreskes
So far, 44 States, or 88 percent of the States, have enacted laws providing that marriage shall consist of a union between a man and a woman. Only 75 percent of the States are required to approve a constitutional amendment. ~ Jack Kingston
75 quotes by Jack Kingston
I can remember when a good politician had to be 75 percent ability and
25 percent actor, but I can well see the day when the reverse could be
true. ~ Harry S. Truman
75 quotes by Harry S. Truman
It doesn't hurt to look 75 to 100 years out, That's a gift to future generations. ~ Chris Coleman
75 quotes by Chris Coleman
I forgot the maid who works in my P.G. and struggles to make money, every day, who is in fear that one day her cruel husband will find her out eventually and beat her and her son to death.
I forgot that auto driver I met on my way to M.G. road metro station, and who wanted to be in the army but gave up study due to the financial crisis.
I forgot that security guard I met at IIT Delhi, and who was forced to leave the study and marry at the age of 15.
I forgot those little kids I generally encounter at Railway stations and trains selling packets of pens @ Rs.25 per packet.
I forgot that 75 years old ricksha wala I met in sector 23 market with only one eye and high power lens
I forgot that washroom cleaning staff at my office who always welcomes me with a broad smile.
I forgot the dead body of that martyred soldier I saw at the Kashmir airport, laden with garlands of marigold and people shouting," jawan amar rahe!"
I forgot the scream of that pig near my office when a thick rope was brutally tied in its nose and it was forcefully taken by some people on a bike.
I almost forgot everything! ~ Sangeeta Mann
75 quotes by Sangeeta Mann
We live in a much more complicated time than when Superman was created 75 years ago. Or even when Superman The Movie was created in the 70s. There are great advances but with those come a great many complications.We felt that the character needed to grow up in that kind of environment and had to face those kinds of colossal choices that were not going to be easy. It's difficult to figure out the right path. And even if you do good there are causalities to your choices. We thought it would be compelling. ~ Charles Roven
75 quotes by Charles Roven
Why do progress and beauty have to be so opposed? ; 75
Also, as in war, the case, like a great bubbling cauldron of life itself, threw up both good and evil. Greed, madness, cruelty and indifference were countered by goodness, devotion, self-sacrifice, and courage. p 178 ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
75 quotes by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
You have to run 75 to 100 miles a week if you expect to break the four-minute mile. ~ Kenneth H. Cooper
75 quotes by Kenneth H. Cooper
For almost one hundred years, leaders of the white South managed to freeze race relations and racial ideology in something close to the Confederate pattern, thus demonstrating that the passage of time by itself does not erase a conflicted past. Elite southern men and women created an ideology of the Lost Cause that wrapped antebellum society, the Confederacy, Reconstruction, and postwar racism in the mantle of a protective, laudatory myth. The Lost Cause portrayed the white South as cultured, chivalrous, and superior while making the North into the aggressor - crude, unprincipled, and vindictive.

[...] Even after 1900 the Lost Cause ideology continued to gain strength under the leadership of a new generation, until most southern whites came to believe that their history and the myth were identical [75 - 76]. ~ Paul D. Escott
75 quotes by Paul D. Escott
If I were to look back on my work, I think I accomplished probably about 70 to 75 percent of what I could have. Maybe 60 percent. Somewhere in that area; two-thirds of what I could have accomplished. If I had been a really dedicated person, and really worked hard, I think I could have accomplished more. ~ Jack Nicklaus
75 quotes by Jack Nicklaus
Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you're 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written, or you didn't go swimming in those warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It's going to break your heart. Don't let this happen. ~ Anne Lamott
75 quotes by Anne Lamott
I try to keep this in mind when tied in to a rope 75 feet up in a tree ... The history of ideas about our place in the universe has been a long series of let-downs for those who like to believe we are special. ~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
75 quotes by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
I had more energy at 50. On the other hand, at 75, I've probably got a little more wisdom and good judgment than I had at 50 because I've got more experience. But I haven't really changed. I'm still driven by the same philosophy. ~ Ted Turner
75 quotes by Ted Turner
In return for the service and to cover the annual cost for fund management and other expenses, the mutual fund levies fund management charges (FMC). The FMC levied varies across schemes from around 0.75% to 2.50% (the ~ Vinod Pottayil
75 quotes by Vinod Pottayil
When I do stand-up around the country, I often see people walk out. This is a show that they've purposely gone to, where my name is on the ticket, and it cost them $75 or something. So, you think, Wow, that means that they either didn't know very much about me when they bought their tickets or they're that offended by what I've said. I've been doing this a long time. Anybody who comes to one of my shows must sort of have an idea of where I'm coming from. ~ Bill Maher
75 quotes by Bill Maher
Like the 75 billion souls who lived before him, each and every one a treasure, he, too, will die. ~ Ben Sherwood
75 quotes by Ben Sherwood
[Americans] know instinctively that when they see lines of Americans whose travel plans have been screwed up because they can't get a U.S. passport to travel to Mexico or Canada, when they realize 3 of the Fort Dix plotters were not only illegal aliens but were stopped 75 times (!!!) by various police authorities and never once had their status questioned, the very notion that a Washingtonized-immigration bill is going to "solve the problem" of immigration is hilarious nonsense. ~ Jeffrey Lord
75 quotes by Jeffrey Lord
Speaking to a foreigner was the dream of every student, and my opportunity came at last. When I got back from my trip down the Yangtze, I learned that my year was being sent in October to a port in the south called Zhanjiang to practice our English with foreign sailors. I was thrilled.

Zhanjiang was about 75 miles from Chengdu, a journey of two days and two nights by rail. It was the southernmost large port in China, and quite near the Vietnamese border.

It felt like a foreign country, with turn-of-the-century colonial-style buildings, pastiche Romanesque arches, rose windows, and large verandas with colorful parasols. The local people spoke Cantonese, which was almost a foreign language. The air smelled of the unfamiliar sea, exotic tropical vegetation, and an altogether bigger world.

But my excitement at being there was constantly doused by frustration. We were accompanied by a political supervisor and three lecturers, who decided that, although we were staying only a mile from the sea, we were not to be allowed anywhere near it. The harbor itself was closed to outsiders, for fear of 'sabotage' or defection. We were told that a student from Guangzhou had managed to stow away once in a cargo steamer, not realizing that the hold would be sealed for weeks, by which time he had perished. We had to restrict our movements to a clearly defined area of a few blocks around our residence.

Regulations like these were part of our daily li ~ Jung Chang
75 quotes by Jung Chang
I am never happy when I finish a book. I always start feeling good, and then I get to about Page 75 and start losing momentum - and I kind of pull it together at the end, but by then I think it's just all over. It's become almost a running joke among my agent and my editor - I always say that, so they don't take me seriously anymore. ~ Sarah Dessen
75 quotes by Sarah Dessen
Roughly two billion people participate in the money economy, with less than half of those living in the wealthy countries of the developed world. These affluent 800 million, however, account for more than 75 percent of the world's energy and resource consumption, and also create the bulk of its industrial, toxic, and consumer waste. ~ Stuart L. Hart
75 quotes by Stuart L. Hart
Samson caused the house to collapse, knowing his death would also result. Despite Samson's deliberate suicide, Samson died faithful after having judged Israel for 20 years. His name rightly appears among men who, through faith, were made powerful. (Jg 15:20; 16:29-31; Heb 11:32-34)
We are surrounded by thousands of unseen cruelties, that mostly go unseen. The total amount of suffering each year is beyond comprehension. This world is barbed, dangerous and painful - too painful for some. Give them their space.
On any given day, your nod of approval may perpetuate cruelties that rasp away at the soul of another. We are all bound together in this delicate web of consequence. Tread light. Be kind. Many among us make unseen bargains to push ourselves onward - another hour, another day, another week. Occasionally their bargains create a deadly, unstoppable momentum.
Consider King Saul: When he realized that he would not survive his final battle against the Philistines, rather than letting his enemy humiliate him, or extort Israel, "Saul took the sword and fell upon it." –1Sam 31:4
pg 75 ~ Michael Ben Zehabe
75 quotes by Michael Ben Zehabe
What I've found in my career is that 70 to 75 percent of comics are nice and have some sense of social skills, but there are those who end up in comedy because they don't know how to socialize. I don't want to deal with that group. ~ Lewis Black
75 quotes by Lewis Black
Let's suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream that you wanted to dream. And that you could, for example, have the power within one night to dream 75 years of time. Or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fulfill all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could conceive. And after several nights of 75 years of total pleasure each, you would say "Well, that was pretty great." But now let's have a surprise. Let's have a dream which isn't under control. Where something is gonna happen to me that I don't know what it's going to be. And you would dig that and come out of that and say "Wow, that was a close shave, wasn't it?" And then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream. And finally, you would dream ... where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today. ~ Alan W. Watts
75 quotes by Alan W. Watts
Compared to children raised in an intact, married family, children raised in single-parent or cohabiting homes are significantly more likely to suffer psychological problems such as depression, to get into trouble with the law, to become pregnant as teenagers, and to drop out of high school.75 ~ W. Bradford Wilcox
75 quotes by W. Bradford Wilcox
Dockets and trial records were inconsistently maintained. Attorneys were rarely involved on the side of blacks. Revenues from the neo-slavery poured the equivalent of tens of millions of dollars into the treasuries of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Texas, North Carolina, and South Carolina - where more than 75 percent of the black population in the United States then lived. ~ Douglas A. Blackmon
75 quotes by Douglas A. Blackmon
The dumbest women I hooked up with were in Florida. I lived in Florida for a year, and it was just shocking. I literally felt like after living there for a couple months that I had become stupider. It was unbelievable. If you read my stories based around crazy women, about 75 percent of those women were in Florida ...and I only lived there for a year. ~ Tucker Max
75 quotes by Tucker Max
The positive psychology field has taught us about the benefits of optimism and happiness. One study correlated the life spans of Major League Baseball players with their smiles. In 2010, researchers Ernest Abel and Michael Kruger analyzed 230 baseball cards from 1952, a time when cards featured athletes looking straight at the camera. The results will make you want to smile.
* Players not smiling had an average life span of 72.9 years.
* Players partially smiling had an average life span of 75.0 years.
* Players with a full smile had an average life span of 79.9 years. ~ Jim Afremow
75 quotes by Jim Afremow
I'm gonna do between 75 and 100 dates. A lot of it will be in Laughlin, Nevada; I'll be there for two weeks. And I'll work some casinos here and there, and the fair dates. ~ Mel Tillis
75 quotes by Mel Tillis
Pliny, writing in 75 CE, complained that there was 'no year in which India does not drain our Empire of at least fifty five million sesterces'.25 In fact, trade with Rome peaked in the latter half of the first century CE during the reign of Tiberius, which is substantiated by the large share of the coins of Augustus and Tiberius among all the Roman coins found in India.26 ~ Kanakalatha Mukund
75 quotes by Kanakalatha Mukund
In market research I did at Microsoft Corp. in the early 1990s, I estimated that the 'Wall Street Journal' took in about 75 cents per copy from subscribers, $1.25 at the newsstand and a whopping $5 per copy from ads. The ad revenue let them run a far bigger newsroom than subscribers were paying for. ~ Nathan Myhrvold
75 quotes by Nathan Myhrvold
I do have a stunt double because there are certain things that they won't let me do. Like they won't set fire to me. They won't like let me jump off a 20 story building. There are certain big stunts that it's just impossible to get insurance to let me do, but for the most part I'd say I do probably 75% of my stuff. ~ Alex O'Loughlin
75 quotes by Alex O'Loughlin
Airplane Quotes «
» Credited Quotes