18 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 18.

Quotes About 18

Enjoy collection of 100 18 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 18. Righ click to see and save pictures of 18 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I started performing opera when I was 10 years old. I didn't perform as Zola Jesus until I was probably 18. ~ Zola Jesus
18 quotes by Zola Jesus
Oscar is the exact opposite of how I think you should behave. I just think of it as a negative view of the positive mind I have. Big Bird is sweet and nice and also sympathetic, as kids can identify with him even though he looks like such a bizarre character - great 8 feet 2 inches, a beak 18 inches long. ~ Caroll Spinney
18 quotes by Caroll Spinney
Since turning professional at 18, I have travelled the world playing the game that I love and consider myself a global player. As the World No.1 right now, I wish to be a positive role model and a sportsperson that people respect, and enjoy watching. ~ Rory McIlroy
18 quotes by Rory McIlroy
18 They j tested God in their heart by demanding the food they craved. 19 They spoke against God, saying, k Can God l spread a table in the wilderness? 20 m He struck the rock so that water gushed out ~ Anonymous
18 quotes by Anonymous
So as one sin of Adam brought the punishment of death to all people, so too one good act that Christ did makes all people right with God, bringing them true life . One man disobeyed God, and many became sinners. In the same way, one man obeyed God, and many will be made right. ~ Saint Paul The Apostle
18 quotes by Saint Paul The Apostle
When you are 18, 19, 20, you're used to being photographed all the time, in a certain way. So, the narcissism becomes almost out of control. And the way that young women are photographed, they become addicted to this feedback of the image. ~ Marianne Faithfull
18 quotes by Marianne Faithfull
When I'm 18, I can finally order that paid programming stuff on TV. Like it always says, 'Must be 18 or older to call,' so I'll be able to call! I can finally buy some blenders from the TV. ~ Austin Mahone
18 quotes by Austin Mahone
The industrial real estate market completed one of its strongest demand cycles in history as several factors ignited the fire. For projects coming on line in 2005, record-low interest rates during the design phase 12 to 18 months prior provided additional incentive for development and absorption. ~ Brian Gordon
18 quotes by Brian Gordon
I feel about 18, but my mind is much more mature now, so it's a perfect combination. ~ Oxana Chusovitina
18 quotes by Oxana Chusovitina
Roy, the guy I play in 'The Grifters,' is a guy who had a very bleak life. His mother had him at 13, and then when she was 17 or 18 and he was 4 or 5, they were trapped in a small Texas town somewhere, and she was ready to do anything to get out. ~ John Cusack
18 quotes by John Cusack
18 rules for not getting caught. 1-17: don't tell anybody. #18: not even your clone. ~ Jarod Kintz
18 quotes by Jarod Kintz
My cat, Andy, has been my best buddy since I was 18, and he doesn't care if I'm on a TV show or if I'm red-carpet ready. He just likes it when I'm there. ~ Jenna Fischer
18 quotes by Jenna Fischer
On Mondays and Fridays in early May, nearly 18,000 children-the equivalent of all the elementary students in suburban Glencoe, Wilmette, Glenview, Kenilworth, Winnetka, Deerfield, Highland Park and Evanston-are assigned to classes with no teacher. ~ Jonathan Kozol
18 quotes by Jonathan Kozol
I'm sure I have a lot to atone for, if there is a judgment day. It's gonna be a long list for me. It goes right up until I was about 18, and then I sort of straightened out. ~ Ryan Reynolds
18 quotes by Ryan Reynolds
We need not get distracted by the seeming defeat or troubles of our daily lives ("what is seen"), because this affliction is actually being used by God to transform our character (2 Corinthians 3:18) so we can become the kind of citizens who will flourish in his future kingdom ("what is not seen"). ~ J.P. Moreland
18 quotes by J.P. Moreland
I was put under contract. A major studio. I got nominated for an Academy Award. Isn't that ridiculous? I mean, at the age of 18! ~ Angela Lansbury
18 quotes by Angela Lansbury
Someone has said that no theology is worth believing that cannot be preached standing in front of the gates of Auschwitz. I, for one, could not stand at those gates and preach a version of God's sovereignty that makes the extermination of six million Jews, including many children, a part of the will and plan of God such that God foreordained and rendered it certain.18 I want young Calvinists (and others) to know and at least come to terms with the inevitable and unavoidable consequences of what this radical form of Reformed theology teaches. And I want to give their friends and relatives and Spiritual mentors ammunition to use in undermining their sometimes overconfidence in the solidity of their belief system. ~ Roger E. Olson
18 quotes by Roger E. Olson
People get married when they're 18 and spend their whole lives together. I think their greatest fear is that someone will see it as a fling because they were young and it didn't mean anything. ~ Carey Mulligan
18 quotes by Carey Mulligan
Seek to know God in your closets, call upon him in the fields. Follow the directions of the Book of Mormon, and pray over, and for your families, your cattle, your flocks, your herds, your corn, and all things that you possess [see Alma 34:18-27]; ask the blessing of God upon all your labors, and everything that you engage in. ~ Joseph Smith Jr.
18 quotes by Joseph Smith Jr.
The case of Iran, a nuclear program that the Iranians admit was 18 years on, that we underestimated. And, in fact, we didn't discover it. It was discovered by a group of Iranian dissidents outside the country who pointed the international community at the location. ~ David Kay
18 quotes by David Kay
When I was 18, I thought that, to be a romantic, you couldn't live past 30. ~ David Bowie
18 quotes by David Bowie
Something very unique about Germany is that once you are suspected or accused of having worked for the Stassi, it doesn't matter if you were 18-years-old, or a child, or an adult back then. Even if you deny it you won't get rid of this suspicion. ~ Christian Schwochow
18 quotes by Christian Schwochow
Religion -Not interested if .......it would be a "choice-based" on study at the age of 18. Further acceptance of God prevails upon de-clutter in it. And guess what, the whole religion would have gone minority!! ~ Praveen Chenna
18 quotes by Praveen Chenna
Speak Life Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. PROVERBS 18:21 If we ride to work with somebody and gossip about our boss and talk about how we hate our job and what a stupid place it is, we will have a bad day. The Bible says, "A man's [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil]" (Proverbs 18:20). Clearly, we will have to eat our words, so we need to talk about the right things to be happy. If we murmur and gossip, we will eat the fruit of death. But if we speak life, we will eat the fruit of the Spirit (see Matthew 12:37). Choose to eat good fruit today. ~ Joyce Meyer
18 quotes by Joyce Meyer
By the close of 2015, the queen had visited 128 countries. Her most popular destination was Canada (27 visits), followed by Australia (18 visits). When asked to explain her desire to explore, Elizabeth reportedly had a simple yet logical explanation. "I have to be seen to be believed. ~ The Editors Of LIFE
18 quotes by The Editors Of LIFE
People think, Hey, I love kids, I want to write children's books. But they think children are happy. That's their first mistake. [Messinger, Jonathan. "Guilt for dinner: The Mo Willems interview." Hipsqueak. 5 May 2011. Web. 18 November 2011.] ~ Mo Willems
18 quotes by Mo Willems
MATTHEW 18. t At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you u turn and v become like children, you w will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 x Whoever humbles himself like this child is the w greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 y "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6but z whoever causes one of these a little ones who believe in me to sin, [1] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Temptations to Sin 7"Woe to the world for b temptations to sin! [2] c For it is necessary that temptations come, d but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! ~ Anonymous
18 quotes by Anonymous
We are convinced that we have a clear conscience, wanting to conduct ourselves honorably in everything. Hebrews 13:18 ~ Beth Moore
18 quotes by Beth Moore
God had a heartbeat for 18-25 years old ... the vast majority of whom don't have a clue why they are on this planet. ~ Louie Giglio
18 quotes by Louie Giglio
My parents grew that small business from one 18-year-old guarding a bingo to more than 125 employees in three states. And sure, there was help along the way. But my parents took the risk. They stood up. And you better believe they built it. ~ Susana Martinez
18 quotes by Susana Martinez
I did drugs for 18 years and I never got that bad as to say, 'You know what? I think the Kaiser Chiefs are brilliant.' ~ Noel Gallagher
18 quotes by Noel Gallagher
Forever"

by Logan Keeley

October 18, 20xx

Lying beside me in the failure of flesh,

You wait for the words that will let your mind rest,

But I've already left you - I'm inside this song,

I'm chasing the rhythms that split right from wrong,

Forming chords on your shoulder, tracing notes on your hips,

I can't hear your thoughts as they fall from your lips, and

Every day I give away

A piece of me all torn and frayed -

What I can't keep, I sell for cheap,

Til nothing's left for you and me -

Chorus:

How can so much love feel like nothing at all?

How can so much nothing leave me dying to crawl

To the foot of your bed,

I should be with you - instead,

I walk away, stumbling, waiting, always waiting to fall.

When you look in my eyes, can you see I'm not there,

Just skin over bones and this flesh that I bear,

And there's no room for you, and you know I can never

Get out of myself, get over myself,

For even one moment, much less for forever.

They all take their shares and they all think they see

This stranger inside who pretends to be me.

They're a roomful of mirrors in this funhouse of fame,

I shrink and I grow, I am wild, I am tame,
< ~ Jeri Smith-Ready
18 quotes by Jeri Smith-Ready
The way to God was opened, not by the life of Jesus or the example of Jesus, not even by the teaching of Jesus, but by the death of Jesus on the cross. "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God. ... " (1 Peter 3:18). ~ Warren W. Wiersbe
18 quotes by Warren W. Wiersbe
I have an obsession with mortality. I saw a friend die when I was 18, and I can't get over it. ~ Talulah Riley
18 quotes by Talulah Riley
From 15 to 18 is an age at which one is very sensitive to the sins of others, as I know from recollections of myself. At that age you don't look for what is hidden. It is a sign of maturity not to be scandalized and to try to find explanations in charity. ~ Flannery O'Connor
18 quotes by Flannery O'Connor
Stated negatively (I John 4:18). "There is no fear in love," wrote John, "but perfect love casteth out fear." Love and fear are incompatible; the one who lives in terror of God's disapproval shows that love is lacking from his life. "Perfect love" should be understood as love brought to completion (cf. 2:5; 4:12). This kind of sacrificial love casts out fear. John's observation that fear lives in torment ~ Union Gospel Press
18 quotes by Union Gospel Press
I wasn't comfortable on stage for years. It was good - 18 shows. I want to do it again. ~ Ester Dean
18 quotes by Ester Dean
18"And when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, he shall write for himself in a book a copy of this law, approved by [40] the Levitical priests. 19And it shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the LORD his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes, and doing them, 20that his heart may not be lifted up above his brothers, ~ Anonymous
18 quotes by Anonymous
But as an amateur, the highest level you can box at is the Olympics. I did that at 18 and felt it was time to move on to other challenges as a professional. ~ Billy Joe Saunders
18 quotes by Billy Joe Saunders
I've lived the life of a 35-year-old since I was 18. ~ Megan Fox
18 quotes by Megan Fox
There I was, an 18-year-old mimic rooming with a blind whistler. ~ Arthur Hailey
18 quotes by Arthur Hailey
A South Korean teenager, 18-year-old male, is about five inches taller than his North Korean counterpart. And there are many soldiers who are only about 4'6". The height requirement is supposed to be 4'9". That's the size of my 12-year-old son. ~ Barbara Demick
18 quotes by Barbara Demick
Every culture that's ever existed has operated under the illusion that it understood 95% of reality and that the other 5% would be delivered in the next 18 months, and from Egypt forward they've been running around believing they had a perfect grip on things and yet we look back at every society that preceded us with great smugness at how naive they all were. Well, it never occurs to us, then, that maybe we're whistling in the dark too! That the universe is stranger than you CAN suppose, and that that openness that that perception imparts is a great joy, a great blessing, because then you can live your life not in service to some fascistic metaphor but in service to the living mystery: the fact that you're not going to understand it; it is not going to yield to logic; or magic; or any other technique that's been developed ... ~ Terence McKenna
18 quotes by Terence McKenna
The American Senate remained focused on domestic priorities and thwarted all expansionist projects. It kept the army small (25,000 men) and the navy weak. Until 1890, the American army ranked fourteenth in the world, after Bulgaria's, and the American navy was smaller than Italy's even though America's industrial strength was thirteen times that of Italy. America did not participate in international conferences and was treated as a second-rank power. In 1880, when Turkey reduced its diplomatic establishment, it eliminated its embassies in Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the United States. At the same time, a German diplomat in Madrid offered to take a cut in salary rather than be posted to Washington.18 ~ Henry Kissinger
18 quotes by Henry Kissinger
I studied journalism at university, and I started a little bit of work on a woman's magazine called Minx that was aimed at 18- to 24-year-olds. ~ Rhianna Pratchett
18 quotes by Rhianna Pratchett
I've always tried to play golf with a golf club. I have a hard time driving with my rifle. I mean, 18 is really narrow ... I have no problem with the course, except for the tee shot on 18. ~ Jack Nicklaus
18 quotes by Jack Nicklaus
Visualize the conversations your friends have about how they all knew you'd never be able to make it. Imagine having to explain quitting to every single person who knew you were going to BUD/S. You have to face them. You have to live with many of them. Imagine trying to find a way to overcome the shame of failing. How long is it going to take for them to stop thinking of you as a failure, a quitter, a pussy? How long until anyone takes anything you say seriously again? Visualize being sent to a crappy ship, an undesignated Seaman. Imagine, if you will, a life below deck where you spend 18 hours chipping paint and repainting the spot you chipped. Imagine not seeing the sun for days or weeks at a time. This picture is worse than anything in BUD/S. Experience the shame and humiliation of quitting once in your head. Feel how much you hate yourself for giving up on your dream. Then never, ever, ever experience it in real life. ~ Mark Owens
18 quotes by Mark Owens
A recent canvass of professional philosophers found the percentage of respondents who "accept or leans toward" various positions. On normative ethics, the results were deontology 25.9%; consequentialism 23.6%; virtue ethics 18.2%. On metaethics, results were moral realism 56.4%; moral anti-realism 27.7%. On moral judgment: cognitivism 65.7%; non-cognitivism 17.0% (Bourget and Chalmers 2009). ~ Nick Bostrom
18 quotes by Nick Bostrom
My life was definitely going into a nosedive. When my parents separated (and) divorced when I was fifteen, I definitely lost my bearings and was completely out of control. My grades were plummeting. I had no direction. I was a pretty angry teenager (and) somewhat destructive. So, I broke down in a church when I was 18 and turned my life over to God, thankfully. ~ Michael Landon, Jr.
18 quotes by Michael Landon, Jr.
The government paid the family of Richard Nixon $18 million for papers, tape recordings and other materials seized after Watergate. ~ Dexter Scott King
18 quotes by Dexter Scott King
Dad said people had fear because they didn't know what to expect from the unknown." pg.18 ~ S Elizabeth
18 quotes by S Elizabeth
Ruth and I often share the stories that we have heard and the things that we have learned to help the western church and many of its congregations grasp a new, and perhaps more biblical, perspective on suffering and persecution in our faith. We share often about how suffering and persecution relate to our faith. We desperately want our western brothers and sisters in Christ to realize that the greatest enemy of our faith today is not communism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, or even Islam. Our greatest enemy is lostness. Lostness is the terrible enemy that Jesus commissioned His followers to vanquish with the battle strategy that He spelled out for them in Matthew 28:18-20. He was addressing this same enemy when He plainly clarified His purpose in coming: 'I have come to seek and to save those who are lost.' Our hope is that believers around the world will get close enough to the heart of God that the first images that come to mind when we heard the word 'Muslim' are not Somali pirates or suicide bombers or violent jihadists or even terrorists. When we hear the word 'Muslim,' we need to see and think of each and every individual Muslim as a lost person who is loved by God. We need to see each Muslim as a person in need of God's grace and forgiveness. We need to see each Muslim as someone for whom Christ died. ~ Nik Ripken
18 quotes by Nik Ripken
For every 100 women who earn a bachelors degree, 75 men do so. For every 100 American women who earn a Masters degree, 66 American men do so. For every 100 females, ages 20 to 24, who commit suicide, 624 males do so. For every 100 women, ages 18 to 21, in correctional facilities, 1430 men are so confined. ~ Mitch Pearlstein
18 quotes by Mitch Pearlstein
When you come into our house, you get a flavor for our life, our travels, our kids, our 18-year-old poodle who is like, blind, deaf and incontinent but so happy. ~ Debi Mazar
18 quotes by Debi Mazar
In 1991, the latest year figures are available, most Americans, across all age groups, disapproved when asked the question: 'Everything considered, would you say that you approve or disapprove of wiretapping?' Some 67% of all 18-20 year olds gave the thumbs down, as did 68% of the Gen-X crowd ... Boomers disapproved of wiretapping almost 3-to-1 while 67% of those 50 and over disapproved. ~ Brock N. Meeks
18 quotes by Brock N. Meeks
MARCH 1 Envision Your Dreams I counsel you to buy from me ... salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. REVELATION 3:18 DO YOU LOOK UPON your life with eyes of faith? Think of it this way: when we close our eyes, we should see more than we do when we have our eyes open. See your whole family serving God. See yourself rising to new levels of effectiveness. See yourself stronger, healthier, and living a more abundant life. See God using you in ~ Joel Osteen
18 quotes by Joel Osteen
I once made myself black out by pulling G too quickly while flying an F-18. Being unconscious in a single-seat airplane is not good. Fortunately, I woke up in time. I learned how to better plug-in my anti-G suit. ~ Chris Hadfield
18 quotes by Chris Hadfield
My last name is Wellsley, but a lot of people say it's Lowendowski, which is my mother's last name, and I had it changed to my father's when I was 18. ~ Cory Wells
18 quotes by Cory Wells
I moved out at 18. I always studied classes and trained a lot, you know. I think nowadays is such a different time because there's so many channels promoting the celebrity aspect of things. ~ Vince Vaughn
18 quotes by Vince Vaughn
I'm a family guy. Most important thing in my life by far is my relationship with my wife and my sons, daughters-in-law, and 18 grandchildren. And for me, this is all about them. ~ Mitt Romney
18 quotes by Mitt Romney
We been on the road for 18 hours ... I need a bath, some chow ... and then you and me sit down, and we talk about who dies,eh? ~ Al Capone
18 quotes by Al Capone
This is a dream from when I was kid. I'm playing tennis almost 18 years, and of course everybody's dream is to play the final of a Grand Slam. ~ Agnieszka Radwanska
18 quotes by Agnieszka Radwanska
When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, "Hear Me, everyone, and understand: 15 There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. 16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!"* 17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable. 18 So He said to them, "Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?"* 20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man. ~ Anonymous
18 quotes by Anonymous
St. Andrews by far is my favorite golf course in the world. It's where the game all started, it's why we have 18 holes instead of 22 and I think the history behind St. Andrews is amazing. There is no other golf course in the world that can say that every great player who has ever played the game has played that golf course. ~ Tiger Woods
18 quotes by Tiger Woods
You always feel like your 18-year-old self in some sense. And that's what walking through New York on a June evening feels like - you feel like it's Friday, and you're 17 years old. ~ John Darnielle
18 quotes by John Darnielle
Diplomas are ill-purposed. What should be celebrated is not the culmination of twelve years sitting in a school desk; what an 18-year-old should be recognized for is making it through young adulthood without getting herself killed. ~ Kari Martindale
18 quotes by Kari Martindale
Picture this broad: 22 going on 18. Half the guys in my class would have given their left testicle to date her. This cupcake is the guidance counselor the principal has assigned me. Miss Boyle is her name. We all call her "Miss Bubbly Water." Imagine the teasing I have to endure from my friends. Not to mention what it's like, sitting across from this Barbie Doll every Thursday afternoon, watching her cross and uncross her legs, while she's lecturing me about - get this: "staying focused." Right! My pants are on fire, and she's handing me a crash course in Psych 101! ~ Ted Gargiulo
18 quotes by Ted Gargiulo
Before they could continue their sparring, Dr. Steele walked up to Vasile and asked to speak with him in private, so naturally the whole table got up and followed them.
Loftis, Quinn (2011-11-18). Blood Rites: Book 2 Grey Wolves Series (The Grey Wolves Series) (p. 112). Kindle Edition. ~ Quinn Loftis
18 quotes by Quinn Loftis
I think that you are only obliged to be a humorist from the age of 18 until you turn 30. Past the age of 30 I don't think there is any obligation to be clever at all. ~ Garrison Keillor
18 quotes by Garrison Keillor
I talked about 12 to 18 months, and that's about reaffirming our foundation for sustained growth: getting the discipline back, getting the basics right, getting the customer focus back ... so by the end of next year, I hope most of that's in place. ~ Jim Cantalupo
18 quotes by Jim Cantalupo
Everyone, everywhere, and all the time, used to laugh at me when I was growing up. So, when I was around 18, I thought, 'I'll become a comedian, and then if everyone laughs at me, I'll be famous.' So I went on stage one night and, for the first time in my life, everyone stopped laughing at me. ~ Emo Philips
18 quotes by Emo Philips
But the teaching of the Comforter would be a perfect one, guiding men into all truth, and the Holy Qur'an is the only book which claims to be a perfect law. (2) That the Comforter would not speak of himself, but that which he shall hear he shall speak; the words conveying exactly the same idea as those of Deut. 18:18: "And I will put My words in his mouth", a qualification which is met with only in the person of the Holy Prophet Muhammad. (3) That he will glorify Jesus, and the Holy Prophet did glorify Jesus by denouncing as utterly false all those calumnies which were heaped upon Jesus and his mother. It is argued, however, that the ~ Anonymous
18 quotes by Anonymous
I wrote my second novel, 'A Little Life,' in what I still think of as a fever dream: For 18 months, I was unable to properly concentrate on anything else. ~ Hanya Yanagihara
18 quotes by Hanya Yanagihara
My children have been learning lessons about entrepreneurship since they were in kindergarten, and these lessons are paying off: even though they are only 22, 18, and 15, they have already collectively launched three nonprofit organizations and several new businesses. ~ Naveen Jain
18 quotes by Naveen Jain
When I wrote for Jordan Knight, I was 17 or 18, they were pretty much the only songs I was writing. By the time people like Christina or Usher came around, I was able to know that I was writing for different points of view and people that might not want to say certain things. So you have to be considerate of whichever artist you're writing for. ~ Robin Thicke
18 quotes by Robin Thicke
Proverbs 18:10, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower. ~ James MacDonald
18 quotes by James MacDonald
KitKat 13:18:45: Who would your ideal prince be? Your childhood friend, Prince Charming, or a strong warrior?

Gallows Humor 13:19:10: I don't want to know which Disney Princess I am. I've told you before, stop doing online quizzes. Leave it.

Gallows Humor 13:22:19: He would love me for myself.

KitKat 13:22:57: Tell me about your dress. ~ Lauren James
18 quotes by Lauren James
It was a little harder when I first went to Egypt when I was 18 years old and being a white woman with a knapsack and in blue jeans. But again I was part of the rucksack revolution there was some grace there. You could put it that way. And confidence as well because I thought of myself as a poet. That was part of it. I was going for that, to have experiences to make the work. ~ Anne Waldman
18 quotes by Anne Waldman
Sir 40:18 The life of a laborer that is content with what he hath, shall be sweet, and in it thou shalt find a treasure. ~ Various
18 quotes by Various
When what's around you - such as scripts, or like me being on the show and playing 18, now me doing this film playing 18 - it's kind of been what's been there for me. ~ Shane West
18 quotes by Shane West
I was wanting to be a kid at 18 instead of being a young woman. ~ Kristy McNichol
18 quotes by Kristy McNichol
LORD, I am grateful for Your Word. It shows me how to live, and I realize my life only works if I'm living Your way. Meet me there in the pages and teach me what I need to know. "Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law" (Psalm 119:18). ~ Stormie O'martian
18 quotes by Stormie O'martian
Anytime I have communicated with college-going people, fresh out of college, looking for a job - money is very important, that is just so important. What is not important is how do you plan to live your life or the larger picture. Not that I had such philosophical intentions when I was 18, but I think there was lesser importance for money. ~ Nimrat Kaur
18 quotes by Nimrat Kaur
I went up for the first time when I was 18. It's a great place - I love L.A.; I mean, in Ireland it just rains all the time, it's crap weather, so it's nice to go to L.A. where it's just sunshine every day, and then it's kinda easier to live a kinda healthy lifestyle. ~ Jack Reynor
18 quotes by Jack Reynor
I have three kids, the oldest is 18 and her friends are going to see it The Aristocrats because they told her they're going to see it, especially her guy friends. ~ Bob Saget
18 quotes by Bob Saget
They claim that autism naturally occurs at about 18 months, when the MMR is routinely given, so the association is merely coincidental and not causal. But the onset of autism at 18 months is a recent development. Autism starting at 18 months rose very sharply in the mid-1980s, when the MMR vaccine came into wide use. A coincidence? Hardly! ~ Bernard Rimland
18 quotes by Bernard Rimland
Googling me, you talk about being depressed. First of all there's 18 websites that predict my early death. ~ Artie Lange
18 quotes by Artie Lange
I started acting when I was seven-years-old. By the time I was 17 I would say: "If I'm not a star by the time I'm 18, I'll get out of the business." ~ Vin Diesel
18 quotes by Vin Diesel
corrected in text: Page 18: undertand replaced with understand ~ Andrew Murray
18 quotes by Andrew Murray
In most cultures, you can have a kid at 18 and it's not a big thing. It's not like, 'Oh, you've got to get a different haircut and move to the suburbs and act, like, 35.' ~ Julian Casablancas
18 quotes by Julian Casablancas
13 And when you were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive with Him and forgave us all our trespasses. 14 He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and disgraced them publicly; He triumphed over them by Him. 16 Therefore, don't let anyone judge you in regard to food and drink or in the matter of a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of what was to come; the substance is the Messiah. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on ascetic practices and the worship of angels, claiming access to a visionary realm and inflated without cause by his unspiritual mind. ~ Anonymous
18 quotes by Anonymous
High and holy ambition
to be a saint
is not opposed to holy humility
total reliance on God's grace. Exactly the opposite. Ambition without humility is ambition that fails. It is pride, which goes before a fall (Prov 16:18). Humility without ambition is false humility. ~ Peter Kreeft
18 quotes by Peter Kreeft
There's this assumption that all children have the luxury of a childhood where their innocence is always respected and their main occupation is pleasant play - at the age of 18 or 21, they are then thrust into the real world and shown its uglier side, but not before. ~ Margo Lanagan
18 quotes by Margo Lanagan
My goal at every tournament is to finish top 18. At the end of the year if I could finish every tournament top 18, that would be pretty good. ~ Bubba Watson
18 quotes by Bubba Watson
I'm excited for people to realize that I'm 25 years old and not a teenager anymore ... even though I still look 18 and can't get into a bar to save my life! ~ Brittany Snow
18 quotes by Brittany Snow
Posted 7/17/18

The Breath – Let the Breath be the Boss

When we begin sitting, it's good to begin with several big breaths, filling up the abdominal area,, the middle chest, and the upper chest until we're full of air, and then just letting it out and holding the exhalation for a moment. Do this three or four times. In a sense, it's artificial, but it helps to create a certain balance and forms a good basis for sitting.

Once we've done this, the next step is to forget it: forget controlling our breath. We won't entirely forget, of course, but it's useless to control the breath. Instead, just experience it, which is very different. We're not trying to make the breath long, slow, and even, as many books suggest. Instead, what we want is to let the breath be the boss, so that the breath is breathing us.

If the breath is shallow, let it be that. As we become our breathing, the breath of its own accord starts to slow down. The breath stays shallow because we want to think rather than experience our lives. When we do this everything becomes more shallow and controlled.

Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special, pg. 249 ~ Charlotte Joko Beck
18 quotes by Charlotte Joko Beck
I've been an athlete all my life. I was a competitive figure skater, and then when I realized skating was not an adult sport I took up tennis and played that quite seriously from the time I was about 18. ~ Condoleezza Rice
18 quotes by Condoleezza Rice
When Jordan took the court for the first time wearing his special red-and-black shoes, the NBA fined the Bulls $1,000 for violating the league's uniform dress code. Nike cleverly seized on the fine as a publicity opportunity, producing a television commercial that showed Jordan bouncing a ball as a voice said: "On September 15, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe. On October 18, the NBA threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the NBA can't keep you from wearing them. Air Jordans from Nike. ~ Aaron Frisch
18 quotes by Aaron Frisch
For the first time he considers the full emotional dimensions of the day. His life is changing but his parent's lives are changing too. Like a habitat, abruptly deprived of a major species, the household will be wrenched into realignment by his departure. Like all young people, he has no idea who his parents really are. For 18 years he has experienced their existence only in so far as it is related to his own needs. Suddenly his mind is full of questions. What do they talk about when he's not around? What secrets do they hold from each other? What aspirations have been left to languish? What private grievances held in check by the shared project of child rearing will now in his absence, lurch into the light? ~ Justin Cronin
18 quotes by Justin Cronin
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken hear; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Pslam 34.18 ~ Laurie Alice Eakes
18 quotes by Laurie Alice Eakes
Hollow Quotes «
» Admiration Quotes