84 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 84.

Quotes About 84

Enjoy collection of 91 84 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 84. Righ click to see and save pictures of 84 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I'm going to go where my heart takes me, even if it's a messy road. ~ Ha Myung-hee (writer), Said By Dr. Jung YoonDo, Doctors (닥터스)
84 quotes by Ha Myung-hee (writer), Said By Dr. Jung YoonDo, Doctors (닥터스)
Whatever news we get about the scans, I'm not going to die when we hear it. I
won't die the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that. So
today, right now, well this is a wonderful day. And I want you to know
how much I'm enjoying it.
I thought about that, and about Jai's smile.
I knew then. That's the way the rest of my life would need to be lived. ~ Randy Pausch
84 quotes by Randy Pausch
I was painfully shy, so my aunt suggested to my mum that me and my brother go to Stage 84, a performing arts school in Yorkshire. I've probably romanticised it in my head, but I seem to remember that in the space of an hour's drama workshop, I was transformed. I went in really shy, and I came out full of confidence. ~ Christian Cooke
84 quotes by Christian Cooke
Letter 84

An elephant with his trunk raised is a ladder to the stars.

A breaching whale is a ladder to the bottom of the sea.

My photographs are a ladder to my dreams.

These letters are ladders to you. ~ Gregory Colbert
84 quotes by Gregory Colbert
Sometimes I think there may be more truth in fiction than in real life. Or at least truth condensed so that it's more easily understood - Addison Goodheart pg. 84 ~ Dean Koontz
84 quotes by Dean Koontz
Arriving rarely makes you as happy as you anticipate.
p 84 ~ Gretchen Rubin
84 quotes by Gretchen Rubin
Where can we find a worshiper who envy a sparrow or a swallow just because of their uninterrupted access to God's altar (Psalm 84:3). Our Genuineness in worship is not revealed by our physical presence in the church but by our desire of being in His Presence always and behold Him (Psalm 84:10). ~ Santosh Thankachan
84 quotes by Santosh Thankachan
When I wrote Lean In, some people argued that I did not spend enough time writing about the difficulties women face when they don't have a partner. They were right. I didn't get it. I didn't get how hard it is to succeed at work when you are overwhelmed at home. I wrote a chapter titled "Make Your Partner a Real Partner" about the importance of couples splitting child care and housework 50/50. Now I see how insensitive and unhelpful this was to so many single moms who live with 100/0. My understanding and expectation of what a family looks like has shifted closer to reality. Since the early 1970s, the number of single mothers in the United States has nearly doubled. Today almost 30 percent of families with children are headed by a single parent - 84 percent of whom are women. I ~ Sheryl Sandberg
84 quotes by Sheryl Sandberg
This spirit of humanity breathes in Cicero and Virgil. Hence the veneration paid to the poet of the Aeneid by the fathers and throughout the middle ages. Augustine calls him the noblest of poets, and Dante, "the glory and light of other poets," and "his master," who guided him through the regions of hell and purgatory to the very gates of Paradise. It was believed that in his fourth Eclogue he had prophesied the advent of Christ. This interpretation is erroneous; but "there is in Virgil," says an accomplished scholar,84 "a vein of thought and sentiment more devout, more humane, more akin to the Christian than is to be found in any other ancient poet, whether Greek or Roman. He was a spirit prepared and waiting, though he knew it not, for some better thing to be revealed. ~ Philip Schaff
84 quotes by Philip Schaff
I want to make sure that everyone knows, God has been my greatest quarterback and I've caught a lot more than 84 touchdowns with Him! ~ Tommy McDonald
84 quotes by Tommy McDonald
I have an easy tendency to stumble and fall, which is not a good thing in an 84-year-old guy, so when I brush my teeth, then I do balancing exercises. ~ Walter Mischel
84 quotes by Walter Mischel
You can take Psalm 84:11 to the bank: No good thing does God withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Mark Batterson
84 quotes by Mark Batterson
Coco Chanel once said that what makes a woman look old is trying desperately to look young. Why should one be ashamed to be 84? Why do you have to say that you're 52? Nobody's going to believe you anyway, so why be such a fool? It's nice that you got to be so old. It's a blessing. ~ Iris Apfel
84 quotes by Iris Apfel
Between 1800 and 1914 the proportion of the earth's surface occupied by Europeans, whether in colonies or in former colonies, rose from 35 to 84.4 per cent.14 ~ David Stevenson
84 quotes by David Stevenson
My theory is that Kurt had a lot of residual pain from his childhood. And when you pile that on top of his experience in World War II - he was in Dresden when it was bombed and saw a city annihilated. When you combine those two things, my impression of Kurt Vonnegut at 84 was that he was a very pained and haunted man. ~ Charles J. Shields
84 quotes by Charles J. Shields
I'd love to look like my mum when I am her age. She taught ballet for years, and my attitude to exercise and fitness has definitely been influenced by her. She's 84 now, and I've watched how well she has aged, and a lot of that is to do with her fantastic posture. ~ Sarah Parish
84 quotes by Sarah Parish
In response to the question "Do you favor or oppose making sharia law, or Islamic law, the official law of the land in our country?" the nations with the five largest Muslim populations - Indonesia (204 million), Pakistan (178 million), Bangladesh (149 million), Egypt (80 million), and Nigeria (76 million) - showed overwhelming support for sharia. To be precise, 72 percent of Indonesian Muslims, 84 percent of Pakistani Muslims, 82 percent of Bangladeshi Muslims, 74 percent of Egyptian Muslims, and 71 percent of Nigerian Muslims supported making sharia the state law of their respective societies. In two Islamic nations that are considered to be transitioning to democracy, the number of sharia supporters was even higher. Pew found that 91 percent of Iraqi Muslims and 99 percent of Afghan Muslims supported making sharia their country's official law. ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
84 quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
In that small town of old women and angry men;
They teach girls how to speak in a lower tone
How to nod their heads and not dare to say no.
They teach them not to walk alone in empty streets.
They give them hundreds of rules for how to love, live and even dream.
They color their worlds in black and white; so that they couldn't paint ones in their own.
And those who dare to ask questions, to argue, to refuse and change!
They have been called hoes, bitches and men wanna be
Disobedience; that's what they call it in my society ….. ~ Samiha Totanji
84 quotes by Samiha Totanji
No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly" (Psalm 84:11). ~ John Bevere
84 quotes by John Bevere
When you look at a Congress that has an 84 percent disapproval rating, that means that for the most part, the people of this country, and certainly California, are looking for new leadership. ~ Elizabeth Emken
84 quotes by Elizabeth Emken
I eat only simple Indian home food - sabzi, roti, dal, chawal, ghee. There are so many benefits of having ghee. My grandmother is 84 and she is still fit and looks beautiful. ~ Kareena Kapoor Khan
84 quotes by Kareena Kapoor Khan
People help themselves by trying to help others, and this is the process that helps alcoholics get sober and stay that way. Love and tolerance of others, as stated on page 84 of the text of Alcoholics Anonymous, is the "code" of living that is suggested to AA members. ~ Mel B.
84 quotes by Mel B.
Damien is Damien. When I don't put him in the squad my mother, who's 84, asks 'why isn't Damien playing?' She kills me about it and that's true ~ Claudio Ranieri
84 quotes by Claudio Ranieri
countdown for Apollo 12 in 1969. Marcia Dunn | 381 words Jack King, a NASA public affairs official who became the voice of the Apollo moon shots, died June 11 at a hospice center near the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. He was 84 ~ Anonymous
84 quotes by Anonymous
The main reason for the break was a combination of travel and going back to university, which drew me into theatre more than music. I did stuff on acoustic guitar when I was traveling, filed it away and made notes, without it being musical notation. Just taped the odd thing, did a sketch, stuck it on a cassette. I thought at some point, I'll go back to it. Some of it I did use in '84-'85 when I started working in the Free Theatre in Christchurch. So it might seem like I had given up after the Pin Group, but I just went into a different avenue. ~ Roy Montgomery
84 quotes by Roy Montgomery
Old Rose: It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was. ~ James Cameron
84 quotes by James Cameron
And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?

Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins)."

And the answer of his people was only that they said: "Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!"

Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists, sinners, etc.)."
( A translation of Quran,7;80-84) ~ Qur'an
84 quotes by Qur'an
According to Life & Style Weekly, 50 Cent may be working on Lindsay Lohan's next album. Finally, a match made in rap heaven. He's a convicted drug dealer who's been shot nine times, and she spent 84 minutes in prison. This is a big step for Lindsay. The last time Lindsay got near a black guy she ran over his foot. ~ Chelsea Handler
84 quotes by Chelsea Handler
My first book, 'Running Loose', was censored back in 1983 or '84. Every book I've written since has been censored somewhere. ~ Chris Crutcher
84 quotes by Chris Crutcher
He saw his trunk and limbs riprippled over and sustained, buoyed lightly upward, lemonyellow : his navel, bud of flesh : and saw the dark tangled curls of his bush floating, floating hair of the stream around the limp father of thousands, a languid floating flower. [84] ~ James Joyce
84 quotes by James Joyce
When military men take over, honest men dance to the strings they pull.
Your life is no longer your own. ~ Howard Fast
84 quotes by Howard Fast
326. Excessive reading does not make us smarter. Some people simply
"devour" books. They do it without the necessary intervals of thought, which are necessary in order to "digest," to process what has been read, to absorb and comprehend it. When people of that kind speak, pieces of Hegel, Heidegger and Marx come out raw, unprocessed. Reading requires personal contribution as much
as a bee requires "inner" work, as well as time, to transform pollen into honey. ~ Alija Izetbegovic
84 quotes by Alija Izetbegovic
When I was going to school in, like, '84 to '88, you didn't have cell phones. There was no e-mail, if you can wrap your brain around that. ~ Tina Fey
84 quotes by Tina Fey
The Troubadours Etc."

Just for this evening, let's not mock them.
Not their curtsies or cross-garters
or ever-recurring pepper trees in their gardens
promising, promising.

At least they had ideas about love.

All day we've driven past cornfields, past cows poking their heads
through metal contraptions to eat.
We've followed West 84, and what else?
Irrigation sprinklers fly past us, huge wooden spools in the fields,
lounging sheep, telephone wires,
yellowing flowering shrubs.

Before us, above us, the clouds swell, layers of them,
the violet underneath of clouds.
Every idea I have is nostalgia. Look up:
there is the sky that passenger pigeons darkened and filled -
darkened for days, eclipsing sun, eclipsing all other sound
with the thunder of their wings.
After a while, it must have seemed that they followed
not instinct or pattern but only
one another.

When they stopped, Audubon observed,
they broke the limbs of stout trees by the weight of the numbers.

And when we stop we'll follow - what?
Our hearts?

The Puritans thought that we are granted the ability to love
only through miracle,
but the troubadours knew how to burn themselves through,
how to make themselves shrines to their own longing.
The spectacular was never behind them.

Think of days of those scarlet-breasted, blue-winged ~ Mary Szybist
84 quotes by Mary Szybist
Denunciation in Russia has a long history, going back at least as far as the sixteenth century and the testingly protracted reign of Ivan the Terrible (1533– 84). "Spy or die" was, more or less, the oath you swore. This practice, increasingly institutionalized under the old regime, was a tsarist barbarity that Lenin might have been expected to question. ~ Martin Amis
84 quotes by Martin Amis
Well at least your awake," he sighs
"You had me worried."
"Get your hands away from me."
He waves sheathed fingers in front of my face.
"I'm all covered up. Don't worry."
"I hate you."
"So much passion." He laughs again. He looks so calm, so genuinely amused. He stares at me with eyes softer than I ever expected them to be.
I turn away. ~ Tahereh Mafi
84 quotes by Tahereh Mafi
God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you? ~ William Arthur Ward
84 quotes by William Arthur Ward
And it wasn't until '84 when I was first asked to come to Sweden and do an album and concert tour. ~ Wanda Jackson
84 quotes by Wanda Jackson
ALLAH without me is still ALLAH
But
Me without ALLAH is nothing ~ Altaf Ul Qadri
84 quotes by Altaf Ul Qadri
In itself this Christian education is partly the product of the retreat of biblical scholarship from the faith community to the academy. In removing themselves to the academy biblical scholars have ceased to engage with the people of the issues of the contemporary faith context. ~ Janet Lees (p. 84). In Reading Other-Wise ~ Gerald O. West
84 quotes by Gerald O. West
Imagine, a First World country founded on egalitarian principles in which the top 20 per cent of households have 84 per cent of the wealth, while the bottom 40 per cent have 0.3 per cent; and one family, the Waltons, owns more than the bottom 40 per cent of US families combined; and the ratio of CEO salary to unskilled worker is 354 to 1 (fifty years ago it was 20 to 1). A minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, which is 34 per cent less than workers on the minimum were getting in 1968. More than 20 per cent of children in the United States live in poverty, more than twice the rate of any European country. With a quarter of totalitarian China's population, democratic America has about the same number of people in jail. ~ Don Watson
84 quotes by Don Watson
Lamarck's Impact

So, how could these "favorable variations" occur?
Darwin tried to answer this question from the standpoint of
the primitive understanding of science at that time.
According to the French biologist Chevalier de Lamarck
(1744-1829), who lived before Darwin, living creatures
passed on the traits they acquired during their lifetime to
the next generation. He asserted that these traits, which
accumulated from one generation to another, caused new
species to be formed. For instance, he claimed that
giraffes evolved from antelopes; as they struggled to eat
the leaves of high trees, their necks were extended from
generation to generation.

Darwin also gave similar examples. In his book The
Origin of Species, for instance, he said that some bears
going into water to find food transformed themselves into
whales over time.

However, the laws of inheritance discovered by Gregor
Mendel (1822-84) and verified by the science of genetics,
which flourished in the twentieth century, utterly demolished
the legend that acquired traits were passed on to
subsequent generations. Thus, natural selection fell out of
favor as an evolutionary mechanism. ~ Harun Yahya
84 quotes by Harun Yahya
Like 84% of Canadians, I believe in God. ~ Stockwell Day
84 quotes by Stockwell Day
Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity. If people are able to buy a little more in the grocery store, someone has to stock it, package it, shelve it, process it, ship it. All of those are jobs. It's the most direct stimulus you can get in the economy during these tough times. ~ Tom Vilsack
84 quotes by Tom Vilsack
I'd write Bright Idea #84: When you go through a new town that don't look like much, stop anyway, because you just might find a best friend waiting there. ~ Sandra Kring
84 quotes by Sandra Kring
The most significant New York club for me was Paradise Garage, where they played house music. This was around '84 or '85. ~ Boy George
84 quotes by Boy George
I'm the last guy left. That's what happens when you live to 84. ~ Harold Russell
84 quotes by Harold Russell
A new poll found that 84% of American people were disgusted by Congress, and my only thought is, Are 16% of Americans insane? If they're not disgusted, they should eat a bowl of vomit soup. It's fresh, as I just made it after reading the latest political news. ~ Jarod Kintz
84 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I'm a first class passenger on the Spaceship Earth, and I got one ticket. And I gotta make the ride count, you know? And, as far as I figure, you can either take the service road or the scenic route. And, man, if I only have one ride, I want it to be beautiful.
84. Highway. ~ Eric Bogosian
84 quotes by Eric Bogosian
Our people get profit-sharing checks. I got a report the other day that says that 84 percent of our people participate in our stock purchase program, where they can buy stock at a 15 percent discount. ~ David Neeleman
84 quotes by David Neeleman
My first car was an '84 Ford Taurus. It caught on fire from me trying to change the fuel pump, so that wasn't good at all. Dried leaves on the ground while I was trying to change the fuel pump. Don't do that. Do it on concrete. ~ T-Pain
84 quotes by T-Pain
He (Tesla) was 84, and he died in a hotel, completely broke and alone. In love with a pigeon. This is a nightmare. I'm in hell. This is hell. I'm talking about Tesla in my puke. Tesla was the electric Jesus. I can't breathe. ~ Duncan Trussell
84 quotes by Duncan Trussell
= NATE7.OA.TO =
Men of genius = NATE7.OA.TO = are meteors destined = NATE7.OA.TO = to burn themselves out = NATE7.OA.TO = in lighting up their age. = NATE7.OA.TO = ~ NATE7.OA.TO
84 quotes by NATE7.OA.TO
I called Daley Thompson after the Games of '84, when he won. He'd had this phenomenal decathlon for nine events - and then he went out there and jogged the 1,500 meters and missed the world record by, like, three points. ~ Caitlyn Jenner
84 quotes by Caitlyn Jenner
Instead of defining a few rights, Hamilton wrote in Federalist No. 84, "Here, in strictness, the people surrender nothing, and as they retain everything, they have no need of particular reservations. ~ Thom Hartmann
84 quotes by Thom Hartmann
ما يصيب المسلم من نصب ولا وصب ولا همّ ولا حزن ولا أذى ولا غمّ - حتى الشوكة يشاكها - إلا كفّر الله بها مِن خطاياه
No fatigue, disease, sorrow, sadness, hurt or distress befalls a Muslim - not even the prick he receives from a thorn - except that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 70, #545) ~ Anonymous
84 quotes by Anonymous
There are those who have a desire to love, but do not have the capacity to love ~ Giovanni Papini
84 quotes by Giovanni Papini
She was a Jew feeder without a question in the world on that man's first night in Molching. She was an arm reacher, deep into a mattress, to deliver a sketchbook to a teenage girl. (84.25) ~ Markus Zusak
84 quotes by Markus Zusak
تبسمك في وجه أخيك صدقة, وأمرك بالمعروف صدقة ونهيك عن المنكر صدقة, وإرشادك الرجل في أرض الضلال لك صدقة, ونصرك الرجل الرديء البصر لك صدقة, وإماطتك الحجر والشوك العظم عن الطريق لك صدقة
Smiling in your brother's face is an act of charity.
So is enjoining good and forbidding evil,
giving directions to the lost traveller,
aiding the blind and
removing obstacles from the path.

(Graded authentic by Ibn Hajar and al-Albani: Hidaayat-ur-Ruwaah, 2/293) ~ Anonymous
84 quotes by Anonymous
A good rule always describes the ideal performance. ~ Mortimer J. Adler
84 quotes by Mortimer J. Adler
I got into hairdressing and moved from Dorset to London, where I got an apprenticeship at Vidal Sassoon. This was around '83 or '84. I was working on South Molton Street, which was then the epicenter of all the shops. It was like a catwalk. So I did my apprenticeship there, but I wasn't successful. ~ Guido Palau
84 quotes by Guido Palau
I remember my first friend who got sick. It was 1981, and the disease was called the gay cancer. I don't think the word 'AIDS' came out until '84. I just remember it being terrifying as more people got sick. We didn't know how you could catch it, you heard all kinds of crazy things. ~ Ellen Barkin
84 quotes by Ellen Barkin
Humans without humanity, war_torn world for eternity ~ Mouloud Benzadi
84 quotes by Mouloud Benzadi
Contrary to what most people think, bank money is much more important than state money. In Greece, for example, bank money makes up 84.26% of the total money supply. ~ Steve Hanke
84 quotes by Steve Hanke
It were a better death than die with mocks, 84 Which is as bad as die with tickling. ~ William Shakespeare
84 quotes by William Shakespeare
A recent government survey found that 47 percent of all women report being the victims of either physical, emotional, sexual or economic violence. But 84 percent of those who are victims of domestic violence remain silent. ~ Patricia Espinosa
84 quotes by Patricia Espinosa
A survey asked married women when they most want to have sex. 84 per cent of them said right after their husband is finished. ~ Jay Leno
84 quotes by Jay Leno
There were 84 original episodes. It was rated No. 1 and No. 2 on the Fox Children's Network. We figured it was time to make it available to people who have never watched it. ~ Howie Mandel
84 quotes by Howie Mandel
من قال عليّ ما لم أقل فليتبوأ مقعده من النار
Whoever ascribes to me what I have not said then let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire! (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 3, #109) ~ Anonymous
84 quotes by Anonymous
The elect of God are those who hear the voice of the Lord, do not harden their hearts, gather with the Lord and his Church, magnify their callings, and, because of their purity, abide the day of the Savior's second coming (D&C 29:7; 33:6; 35:21; 84:34; Moses 7:62). ~ Robert L. Millet
84 quotes by Robert L. Millet
Examine this statement: 'A woman cannot be a poet.' Dr Samuel Johnson (Englishman 1709-84 Occupation: Language Fixer and Big Mouth.) What then shall I give up? My poetry or my womanhood? ~ Jeanette Winterson
84 quotes by Jeanette Winterson
Just this morning, out of a large memory for songs, and having been obsessed by them since childhood, suddenly, at the age of 84, I thought of a song I hadn't thought of in over 50 years. It came into my head unbidden. ~ Tom Glazer
84 quotes by Tom Glazer
I love 'Drake and Josh.' It's supposed to have a demographic of ages 9-14, but really, it's 9-84. There is no demographic. ~ Drake Bell
84 quotes by Drake Bell
I tell you, life is extraordinary. A few years ago I couldn't write anything or sell anything, I'd passed the age where you know all the returns are in, I'd had my chance and done my best and failed. And how was I to know the miracle waiting to happen round the corner in late middle age? 84, Charing Cross Road was no best seller, you understand; it didn't make me rich or famous. It just got me hundreds of letters and phone calls from people I never knew existed; it got me wonderful reviews; it restored a self-confidence and self-esteem I'd lost somewhere along the way, God knows how many years ago. It brought me to England. It changed my life. ~ Helene Hanff
84 quotes by Helene Hanff
As Herbert Stein commented in the 1980s, after having observed the process at close quarters for nearly half a century, businessmen "had learned to live with and accept most of the regulations." Disturbed only by new and unfamiliar regulations, "they regard the regulations they are used to as being freedom" (1984, 84). ~ Robert Higgs
84 quotes by Robert Higgs
The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr. ~ Anonymous
84 quotes by Anonymous
Client-therapist disagreement about the goals and tasks of therapy may impair the therapeutic alliance. This issue is not restricted to group therapy. Client-therapist discrepancies on therapeutic factors also occur in individual psychotherapy. A large study of psychoanalytically oriented therapy found that clients attributed their successful therapy to relationship factors, whereas their therapists gave precedence to technical skills and techniques.84 In general, analytic therapists value the coming to consciousness of unconscious factors and the subsequent linkage between childhood experiences and present symptoms far more than do their clients, who deny the importance or even the existence of these elements in therapy; instead they emphasize the personal elements of the relationship and the encounter with a new, accepting type of authority figure. ~ Irvin D. Yalom
84 quotes by Irvin D. Yalom
Martin Luther put it well: "I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."84 ~ Michael S. Horton
84 quotes by Michael S. Horton
The following obituary appeared in the Pittsburgh Sun-Telegraph of Sept. 16, 1958:

A GREAT POET died last week in Lancieux, France, at the age of 84.

He was not a poet's poet. Fancy-Dan dilletantes will dispute the description "great."

He was a people's poet. To the people he was great. They understood him, and knew that any verse carrying the by-line of Robert W. Service would be a lilting thing, clear, clean and power-packed, beating out a story with a dramatic intensity that made the nerves tingle.

And he was no poor, garret-type poet, either. His stuff made money hand over fist. One piece alone, The Shooting of Dan McGrew, rolled up half a million dollars for him. He lived it up well and also gave a great deal to help others.

"The only society I like," he once said, "is that which is rough and tough - and the tougher the better. That's where you get down to bedrock and meet human people."

He found that kind of society in the Yukon gold rush, and he immortalized it. ~ Robert W. Service
84 quotes by Robert W. Service
Gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you?' William Arthur Ward, ~ Jewel E. Ann
84 quotes by Jewel E. Ann
I am 84 years old and have not retired because I feel I have something to contribute. ~ Frank Lowy
84 quotes by Frank Lowy
Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still. ~ David Foster Wallace
84 quotes by David Foster Wallace
I was going to do a book about the first prearranged Karpov-Kasparov match, '84-'85. But the God-damn Jews have stolen my entire file on that. ~ Bobby Fischer
84 quotes by Bobby Fischer
One would have to hold in the mind forever two ideas which seemed to be in opposition. The first idea was acceptance… totally without rancor, of life as it is, and men as they are: in the light of this idea, it goes without saying that injustice is a commonplace. But this did not mean that one could be complacent, for the second idea was of equal power: that one must never, in one's own life, accept these injustices as commonplace but must fight them with all one's strength." (Baldwin, 84) ~ James Baldwin
84 quotes by James Baldwin
The kind of people that say "political correctness gone mad" are usually using that phrase as a kind of cover action to attack minorities or people that they disagree with. [...] And I'm sick, I'm really sick– 84% of you in this room that have agreed with this phrase, you're like those people who turn around and go, "you know who the most oppressed minorities in Britain are? White, middle-class men." You're a bunch of idiots. ~ Stewart Lee
84 quotes by Stewart Lee
Experiments, especially the Oslo trials of 1981-84 and the Lipid Research Clinics trials, the results of which were announced in 1984, did show that a low-fat diet could lower high cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease - but most people do not have a high cholesterol level, regardless of their diet, and more than 50 percent of those with afflicted hearts do not have high cholesterol counts. ~ Felipe Fernandez-Armesto
84 quotes by Felipe Fernandez-Armesto
The British census of Palestine in 1922 recorded 84,000 Jews and 670,000 Arabs, of whom 71,000 were Christian, most of the remainder being Muslim. ~ Lawrence Wright
84 quotes by Lawrence Wright
Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste. ~ Voltaire
84 quotes by Voltaire
When you're 84, a 70-year-old is still pretty young, ~ Christian Horner
84 quotes by Christian Horner
The world's socioeconomic landscape has been drastically altered in the last three decades. The list of changes - indeed, of achievements - is as long as it is surprising: 84 percent of the world's population is now literate, compared to 75 percent in 1990. University education is up, and even average scores on intelligence tests all over the world are now higher. Meanwhile, combat deaths are down - by more than 40 percent since 2000. Life expectancy in countries most hard-hit by the HIV/AIDS pandemic is starting to rise again. And we are providing for our agricultural needs better than ever: since 2000, cereal production in the developing world has increased twice as fast as population. ~ Moises Naim
84 quotes by Moises Naim
Allah is the forger of time, the molder of space, the weaver of souls, the turner of hearts, the One who creates everything in stages yet is beyond the limits of time. Life is created from His breath, the cosmos forms from the vibration of His speech, and love is birthed from the womb of His mercy. He is the One who said, "Be!" to the vast nothingness, and existence sprouted into being. His words inspire light to break the darkness of nothing into the dawn of life. ~ A. Helwa
84 quotes by A. Helwa
Witch Of Portobello Quotes «
» 85th Percentile Quotes