62 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 62.

Quotes About 62

Enjoy collection of 95 62 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 62. Righ click to see and save pictures of 62 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I appeal to parents: never, never say, "Hurry up," to a child. (62) ~ Vladimir Nabokov
62 quotes by Vladimir Nabokov
At 62 you want to keep moving; that's important. ~ Billie Jean King
62 quotes by Billie Jean King
As mutual fund returns vary widely, e.g. as of October 31, 2014, the 5-year annualized return has varied between -6.94% and 26.42% with average return of 13.62%. A right advisor can definitely provide value addition in fund selection and achieving your goals. ~ Jigar Patel
62 quotes by Jigar Patel
I'm like 6'2 when I wear heels, so I tend to wear cowboy boots a lot. ~ Taylor Swift
62 quotes by Taylor Swift
Not courage alone, therefore, but an actual sense of your superiority should animate you as you go forward against the enemy. Confidence, out of a mixture of ignorance and good luck, can be felt even by cowards; but this sense of superiority comes only to those who, like us, have real reasons for knowing that they are better placed than their opponents. And when the chances on both sides are equal, it is intelligence that confirms courage. ~ Thucydides
62 quotes by Thucydides
Studies show that most people rate themselves well above average when it comes to ethical behavior. In fact, a newsmagazine poll asked people whom they thought would get to heaven. Bill Clinton was a toss-up, getting 52 percent backing from respondents. Former basketball star Michael Jordan did better, at 62 percent. Mother Teresa topped the two American men with 79 percent. But she was not the highest. That honor went to "yourself," with 87 percent. ~ Michael Wheeler
62 quotes by Michael Wheeler
And of course, FDR was very charming. At 6'2, he was tall enough to be her beau, and they made a beautiful couple. And she could encourage him. His mother also encouraged him. So this notion of a woman with ideas of her own and a spirit of her own and a style of her own was very congenial to Franklin. And he loved her. And their romance was a very dear and true and deep romance. ~ Blanche Wiesen Cook
62 quotes by Blanche Wiesen Cook
Each year about 600,000 start-ups are launched. Less than 0.5 percent attract VC. Of Inc. magazine's annual list of the 500 fastest growing companies in the United States assessed over a decade (1997–2007), less than 20 percent of companies were venture backed"
-
"62.4 percent of VC investments were completely lost while 3.1 percent of the investments accounted for 53 percent of the profits for roughly 600 investments ~ Mahendra Ramsinghani
62 quotes by Mahendra Ramsinghani
If you had told me I'd be making 62 tomorrow, I'd say you were lying. ~ Aaron Neville
62 quotes by Aaron Neville
The Reign of Terror: A Story of Crime and Punishment told of two brothers, a career criminal and a small-time crook, in prison together and in love with the same girl. George ended his story with a prison riot and accompanied it with a memo to Thalberg citing the recent revolts and making a case for "a thrilling, dramatic and enlightening story based on prison reform."

---

Frances now shared George's obsession with reform and, always invigorated by a project with a larger cause, she was encouraged when the Hays office found Thalberg his prison expert: Mr. P. W. Garrett, the general secretary of the National Society of Penal Information. Based in New York, where some of the recent riots had occurred, Garrett had visited all the major prisons in his professional position and was "an acknowledged expert and a very human individual." He agreed to come to California to work with Frances for several weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas for a total of kr 4,470.62 plus expenses. Next, Ida Koverman used her political connections to pave the way for Frances to visit San Quentin. Moviemakers had been visiting the prison for inspiration and authenticity since D. W. Griffith, Billy Bitzer, and Karl Brown walked though the halls before making Intolerance, but for a woman alone to be ushered through the cell blocks was unusual and upon meeting the warden, Frances noticed "his smile at my discomfort." Warden James Hoolihan started testing her right away by inviting ~ Cari Beauchamp
62 quotes by Cari Beauchamp
62,400 repetitions make one truth. ~ Aldous Huxley
62 quotes by Aldous Huxley
Annual state spending alone for prison facilities is now estimated at about $52 to $62 billion, the bulk of which is spent building new facilities; operating and maintaining more prisons; providing food and health care for prisoners; and administration and staff salaries and benefits. ~ Christopher Zoukis
62 quotes by Christopher Zoukis
If you pay off your mortgage before retirement, you take a huge financial load off your shoulders. You also become eligible to take out a reverse mortgage once you turn 62. ~ Suze Orman
62 quotes by Suze Orman
Art is the nearest thing to life; it is a mode of amplifying experience and extending our contact with our fellow-men beyond the grounds of our personal lot.62 ~ Steven Pinker
62 quotes by Steven Pinker
Of all the jaw-droppingly beautiful women who've become genuine movie stars, none has had a longer film career (62 years), has been filmed in Technicolor more often (34 times), has had a more versatile group of leading men (from John Wayne to John Candy) or has spent more time held captive on a pirate ship than our TCM Star of the Month for July, the magnificent red-headed Maureen O'Hara. ~ Robert Osborne
62 quotes by Robert Osborne
Restricting access to such a basic health care service, which 99% of sexually experienced American women have used and 62% of American women are using right now, is out of touch with public sentiment. ~ Sandra Fluke
62 quotes by Sandra Fluke
The longest journey
Is the journey inwards.
Of him who has chosen his destiny,
Who has started upon his quest
For the source of his being." page 58
The present moment is significant, not as the bridge between past and future, but by reason of its contents, contents which can fill our emptiness and become ours, if we are capable of receiving them." page 62 ~ Dag Hammarskjold
62 quotes by Dag Hammarskjold
I drive a taxi and a car and a truck and a T-55 tank and also a T-62 and armored cars and the motorcycles with and without sidecars. ~ Jussi Adler-Olsen
62 quotes by Jussi Adler-Olsen
When I was a freshman, I fooled around with shooting free throws this way: For some reason, I thought you had to stay within the top half of that free-throw circle, so I would step back to just inside the top of the circle, take off from behind the line and dunk. They outlawed that, but I wouldn't have done it in a game, anyway. I was a good free throw shooter in college. Actually he was a 62% free throw shooter, which is poor except in comparison to his 51% as a pro. ~ Wilt Chamberlain
62 quotes by Wilt Chamberlain
All you can do is really the prep work and make sure you're ready to hit each golf shot. Outside of that, you're not sure really what's going to happen. It's a funny game, but I think that's why I love it. You never know, one day to the next; you could go shoot 62, and the next day you're going to shoot 78, and you can't predict it. ~ Rickie Fowler
62 quotes by Rickie Fowler
When you compromise the word of God without remorse, it is an indication that you were never deeply rooted in Jesus Christ. Peter was remorseful. Luke 22:54-62. ~ Felix Wantang
62 quotes by Felix Wantang
The uncontrolled mind Does not guess that the Atman is present: How can it meditate? Without meditation, where is peace? Without peace, where is happiness? (Bhagavad Gita, II. 62, 63, 65) ~ Swami Vivekananda
62 quotes by Swami Vivekananda
The number 6 was the first perfect number, and the number of creation. The adjective "perfect" was attached that are precisely equal to the sum of all the smaller numbers that divide into them, as 6=1+2+3. The next such number, incidentally, is 28=1+2+4+7+14, followed by 496=1+2+4+8+16+31+62+124+248; by the time we reach the ninth perfect number, it contains thirty-seven digits. Six is also the product of the first female number, 2, and the first masculine number, 3. The Hellenistic Jewish philosopher Philo Judaeus of Alexandria (ca. 20 B.C.-c.a. A.D. 40), whose work brought together Greek philosophy and Hebrew scriptures, suggested that God created the world in six days because six was a perfect number. The same idea was elaborated upon by St. Augustine (354-430) in The City of God: "Six is a number perfect in itself, and not because God created the world in six days; rather the contrary is true: God created the world in six days because this number is perfect, and it would remain perfect, even if the work of the six days did not exist." Some commentators of the Bible regarded 28 also as a basic number of the Supreme Architect, pointing to the 28 days of the lunar cycle. The fascination with perfect numbers penetrated even into Judaism, and their study was advocated in the twelfth century by Rabbi Yosef ben Yehudah Ankin in his book, Healing of the Souls. ~ Mario Livio
62 quotes by Mario Livio
Russia's 62% of women and only 38% men, many of whom are heavy drinkers, so the battle for the female happiness is a rude one, only the slimmest, the leggiest, the blondest and the sexiest are the winners.. ~ Alexander Vassiliev
62 quotes by Alexander Vassiliev
In 1973, 29 percent of all U.S. jobs required postsecondary education. In 1992, 52 percent did. And in 2018, a projected 62 percent of all jobs will require postsecondary education. At the same time, many students and their families came to believe that a college's cost directly reflected the quality of the education it offered and the long-term value of the degrees it granted. Rankings like those in U.S. News & World Report reflected this biased perception and encouraged the public to think that way as well. ~ Thomas Snyder
62 quotes by Thomas Snyder
The American diet causes disease. It is composed of 25 percent animal products and 62 percent processed foods and only 5 percent of calories from fruits and vegetables. ~ Joel Fuhrman
62 quotes by Joel Fuhrman
What's Important Now (?) ~ Lou Holtz
62 quotes by Lou Holtz
I just really like fun, cool, interesting, quirky girls. And sometimes you find that in 6'2 model bodies and sometimes they're short and brunette. All shapes and sizes - it's really about the personality. That sounds cliche, but it's so freaking true! ~ Dylan O'Brien
62 quotes by Dylan O'Brien
In a world divided by chimpophiles and bonobophiles, we all had a good laugh when Stephen peeled his banana. (62) ~ Frans De Waal
62 quotes by Frans De Waal
Work is the only only only remedy for life: for happiness, for interest, for stability, for security. Hard, willed work. Oh work! ~ Elizabeth Smart
62 quotes by Elizabeth Smart
They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income ... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. ~ Ann Romney
62 quotes by Ann Romney
What matters in the end in literature, what is always there, is the truly good. And
though played out forms can throw up miraculous sports like The Importance of Being Earnest or Decline and Fall
what is good is always what is new, in both form and content. What is good forgets whatever models it might have had, and is unexpected; we have to catch it on the wing. ((p. 62, Reading & Writing) ~ V.S. Naipaul
62 quotes by V.S. Naipaul
The water beneath the Temple was both actual and metaphorical, existing as springs and streams, as spiritual energy, and as a symbol of the receptive or lunar aspect of nature.

The meaning of that principle is too wide and elusive for it to be given any one name, so in the terminology of ancient science it was given a number, 1,080. Its polar opposite, the positive, solar force in the universe, was also referred to as a number 666.

These two numbers, which have an approximate golden-section relationship of 1:1.62, were at the root of the alchemical formula that expressed the supreme purpose of the Temple. Its polar opposite, the positive, solar force in the universe, was also referred to as a number 666. Not merely was it used to generate energy from fusion of atmospheric and terrestrial currents, but it also served to combine in harmony all the correspondences of those forces on every level of creation. ~ John Michell
62 quotes by John Michell
I survived turning 60, I was not thrilled to turn 61, I was less thrilled to turn 62, I didn't much like being 63, I loathed being 64, and I will hate being 65. I don't let on about such things in person; in person, I am cheerful and Pollyanna-ish. But the honest truth is that it's sad to be over 60. ~ Nora Ephron
62 quotes by Nora Ephron
My all-time low is 62 at Bel-Air, but it was in match play, and I had two putts given to me from four feet. I'm playing only about once or twice a month. Full-time job. Full-time father. Full-time blonde. ~ Jack Wagner
62 quotes by Jack Wagner
so pRetty i hAd to Eat hiM ~ Scott Westerfeld
62 quotes by Scott Westerfeld
I accepted the role of spokesman for Lipitor because I am dedicated to the battle against heart disease, which killed my father at age 62 and motivated me to become a medical doctor. ~ Robert Jarvik
62 quotes by Robert Jarvik
Originally, John Kennedy was going to come speak, and then Lyndon Johnson. Because it was October of '62, neither made it because of the Cuban missile crisis. ~ David Maraniss
62 quotes by David Maraniss
I started Dell 28 yrs ago with $1000. Revenues in 1984 were $6 million. Last year $62.1 billion. Impossible is nothing. ~ Michael Dell
62 quotes by Michael Dell
A good Government implies two things: first, fidelity to the object of Government, which is the happiness of the People; secondly, a knowledge of the means by which that object can be best attained. ~ James Madison
62 quotes by James Madison
The Self says 'I AM'–as in the very grand sayings of Christ, especially in the Gospel of John, in which he says in the state of onenenss with Yahweh (which in Hebrew means 'I AM'), I AM is the way and the truth and the life–but the ego says 'I am this' or 'I am that,' thus attaching itself only to a small portion of the Vastness. (62) ~ Ravi Ravindra
62 quotes by Ravi Ravindra
Tota est scientia
Knowledge is all ~ Rachel Caine
62 quotes by Rachel Caine
For example, assume you're considering a setup where the stop-loss exit is $3.54, and the current price is $3.62. Taking the $140 maximum allowed loss we calculated above, divide that by $0.08 ($3.62 - $3.54 = $0.08), and you get 1,750 as your maximum position size (140/.08 = 1750). I've provided an Excel spreadsheet that will quickly ~ Brian Anderson
62 quotes by Brian Anderson
I look back on it, yeah, I'm in a much worse financial position than I was eight years ago. I'm going to have to go out at age 62 and kind of readdress some of that. ~ Bruce Babbitt
62 quotes by Bruce Babbitt
Without my specs on, I think I look really great; then I put them on, and I scream. But at 62, I still think less is better. I use Clarins foundation, but I don't put it everywhere - I hate that covered look - so just on the sides of my nose where the veins have gone bang. ~ Jane Birkin
62 quotes by Jane Birkin
Well, we certainly need to raise the retirement age. I've told my 19-year-old and my 22-year-old that they're not going to be getting retirement benefits at age 62. ~ Ken Buck
62 quotes by Ken Buck
Edwards recalled that he once planned to coach until he was 60 as he signed an extension to his contract. I was about 62 before I ever remembered that's what I had set up ... Now I'm already making plans for next year and recruiting. That's the reason for this. I just feel good right now. ~ LaVell Edwards
62 quotes by LaVell Edwards
I'm happy to say that at 62, I think I've reached that point where stuff doesn't bother me as much, and my gratitude level has gone way up, especially having gone through the loss that I've had, and losing so many of the great artists that I was close to. They taught me how to see it with a grain of salt and a lot of humor and perspective. ~ Bonnie Raitt
62 quotes by Bonnie Raitt
Turn that 62 to 125, 125 to 250, 250 to half a million, ain't nothing nobody can do with me. ~ Kanye West
62 quotes by Kanye West
There were now two angels, which were all that the late prayer cover could provide, and they were doing their best to grab and to destroy the demons who were still trying to get inside. But unfortunately, two angels were no match of the hundreds of demons who had already flooded the hall under Balzor's orders. Although individual demons were no match for one of God's angels, in large numbers, the advantage was turned, and in tight quarters a swarm of demons could drive away an angel with thousands of sharp bites. So the two angels had to remain outside, and the grand ballroom where Fuller would soon speak was sadly almost as dark as midnight. Only the flames burning inside the many Christian men seated at the tables illuminated any of the eternal players in the ballroom. (pg. 62) ~ Parker Hudson
62 quotes by Parker Hudson
A week after Jacque and Fane's ceremony, Decebel had gotten in his Hummer and, without looking back, driven away from the pack mansion. And 62 days, 4 hours, and 22 minutes later he still hadn't returned. But who's counting? ~ Quinn Loftis
62 quotes by Quinn Loftis
MADNESS Madness is the first step towards unselfishness. Be mad and tell us what is behind the veil of "sanity." The purpose of life is to bring us closer to those secrets, and madness is the only means. SP-ST-62 ~ Kahlil Gibran
62 quotes by Kahlil Gibran
As for wife beating, one survey found support for it from 62 percent of Indian village women themselves. And no group systematically abuses young women more cruelly than mothers-in-law, who serve as household matriarchs in much of the world and take charge of disciplining the younger women. ~ Nicholas D. Kristof
62 quotes by Nicholas D. Kristof
Often a Christian man or woman falls prey to that cruel and vexatious spirit, wondering how to find marriage, who, when, where? It is on God that we should wait, as a waiter waits
not for but on the customer
alert, watchful, attentive, with no agenda of his own, ready to do whatever is wanted. 'My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.' (Ps. 62:5 KJV) In Him alone lie our security, our confidence, our trust. A spirit of restlessness and resistance can never wait, but one who believes he is loved with an everlasting love, and knows that underneath are the everlasting arms, will find strength and peace. ~ Elisabeth Elliot
62 quotes by Elisabeth Elliot
If you add up all the federal and you look at the disability and the unemployment and the Social Security and the state, my tax rate's 62, 63 percent. So I've got to make some decisions on what I'm going to do. ~ Phil Mickelson
62 quotes by Phil Mickelson
61 lynchings occurred in 1920 alone. In 1921, 62, some of the victims, soldiers returning from the Great War who after fighting and winning significant victories - just as they had fought in the Revolutionary and Civil wars and the wars again the Indians - thought that America would repay them for the generosity of putting their lives on the line, for aiding in salvaging their hides from the Kaiser who had been tagged "enemy" this time. Instead, a Protestant country ignorant even of Western mysteries executes soldiers after a manner of punishments dealt to witches in the "Middle Ages." Europe and the Catholic Church are horrified but not surprised at this "tough guy" across the waters whose horrendous murders in Salem led Europe to reform its "witch laws. ~ Ishmael Reed
62 quotes by Ishmael Reed
According to Robert Pape, who has created a database of every suicide terrorist attack in the last hundred years, suicide bombing is a nationalist response to military occupation by a culturally alien democratic power.62 It's a response to boots and tanks on the ground - never to bombs dropped from the air. It's a response to contamination of the sacred homeland. ~ Jonathan Haidt
62 quotes by Jonathan Haidt
Firstly, dig down to level ten; the coordinates of which will be something like "feet 10.00 eyes 11.62". Then dig to your left and right until you have coordinates at each end which can be divided by 16, e.g. 144 at one end and 160 at the other. All blocks between these two ends are a chunk. Repeat the same for the z axis and you will have marked out a complete chunk. Once you have calculated the first one, it is easy to work out the rest as you can just count 16 blocks. ~ Jason Johns
62 quotes by Jason Johns
According to Menander's history, as preserved by Josephus, Hiram began his reign 155 years before the founding of Carthage, and according to the Greek historian Timaeus, Carthage was founded in 814 B.C. This sets the beginning of Hiram's reign at 969 B.C. (Liver, 1953, 116). Josephus then dates the beginning of the construction of Solomon's temple to either the 11th (according to Against Apion i 126) or the 12th (according to Jewish Antiquities viii 62) years of Hiram's reign. ~ Charles River Editors
62 quotes by Charles River Editors
P. 62 ... meditation ... exposes a contradiction between the sort of person we wish to be and the kind of person we are. Restlessness and lethargy are ways of evading the discomfort of this contradiction. ~ Stephen Batchelor
62 quotes by Stephen Batchelor
It seemed that I could tell the whole story pretty powerfully in those 18 months between October of '62 and the spring of '64 when they were all at their peak. And yet you could see some of the shadows of Detroit's demise coming. ~ David Maraniss
62 quotes by David Maraniss
In all, 62 percent of the budget cuts would come from low-income programs. Yet at the same time, the Republican budget would provide a substantial tax cut to the rich - who are already taking home an almost unprecedented share of the nation's total income. ~ Robert B. Reich
62 quotes by Robert B. Reich
If the Christ we follow sent out his disciples with no extra possessions (Luke 9:1-6 and 10:1-12) and warned would-be devotees that he had nowhere to lay his head (see Luke 9:57-62), then we must recognize that it is extremely difficult to live in a Christian way in a consumer culture. ~ Marva Dawn
62 quotes by Marva Dawn
I fear...someone knowing all my secrets." --Jess Parkin, page 62, ~ Laura Burks
62 quotes by Laura Burks
The godly are honorable "You have been honorable" (Isaiah 43:4). The godly are "a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord" (Isaiah 62:3). They are "plants of renown" (Ezek. 16:14). They are not only vessels of mercy but vessels of honor (2 Tim. 2:21). Aristotle calls honor the chief good thing. The godly are near akin to the blessed Trinity: they have the tutelage and guardianship of angels; they have "God's name written upon them" (Rev. 3:12) and "the Holy Spirit dwelling in them" (2 Tim. 1:14). ~ Thomas Watson
62 quotes by Thomas Watson
Guys, IMDB right there, 62 movies, a ton of success, I mean, come on bro, I won best picture at 20. I wasn't even trying. ~ Charlie Sheen
62 quotes by Charlie Sheen
The current Michigan Constitution was written in 1961 and '62. ~ John Engler
62 quotes by John Engler
Apart from this ultimate hope, the created world would be a dungeon of despair for God's children. But faith animates our lives with an eschatological anticipation of the presence and glory of Christ. We will not find our full and permanent happiness here. Nor will we find Christian joy automatically, like a daily newspaper at the door. God intends for us to find joy kinetically, in action, as we work out our faith with fear and trembling, as we fight the good fight of faith, as we worship, fellowship, and engage in all the various dynamics of the Christian life together.62 But even in this, our hope of eternal joy sobers our expectations for the joy we can expect to experience in this life. ~ Tony Reinke
62 quotes by Tony Reinke
Oh my lord. It can't be. But it most certainly was. What in the heck is he doing here? Why in the hell was the star wide receiver of the Georgia Bulldogs at his mother's funeral? The man that made history by coming out and telling the world he was bisexual two years ago. He was a hero, and he looked the part. He stood tall, at least 6'2", or 6'3". His wavy, dirty blond hair was longer on top than the cropped hair on the sides. Dark shades covered what he knew were magnetic, emerald-green eyes. His broad shoulders made his suit hang beautifully on his large body. Curtis' mouth watered at the thought of all those muscles. He'd gotten glimpses of the man's chest and biceps when the reporters and cameramen of ESPN would go in the locker room to listen to the coach congratulate his team on a win. There he was right there, just twenty feet away from him. ~ A.E. Via
62 quotes by A.E. Via
One third of managers are victims of "Information Fatigue Syndrome." 49 percent said they are unable to handle the vast amounts of information received. 33 percent of managers were suffering ill health as a direct result of information overload. 62 percent admitted their business and social relationships suffer. 66 percent reported tension with colleagues and diminished job satisfaction. 43 percent think that important decisions are delayed and their abilities to make decisions are affected as a result of having too much information. (Reuters's "Dying for Business" report) ~ Jeff Davidson
62 quotes by Jeff Davidson
The elect of God are those who hear the voice of the Lord, do not harden their hearts, gather with the Lord and his Church, magnify their callings, and, because of their purity, abide the day of the Savior's second coming (D&C 29:7; 33:6; 35:21; 84:34; Moses 7:62). ~ Robert L. Millet
62 quotes by Robert L. Millet
I think I look good for my age. I've always looked younger than I really am. I'm 67 and I look about, maybe 62 or something like that. And I think my healthy lifestyle has paid off. I suffer from osteoarthritis. That's genetic and there's nothing I can do about that, except to try and not jump up and down, but rather swim and bike, instead of jumping up and down. ~ Jane Fonda
62 quotes by Jane Fonda
I just met someone who read Gone With the Wind 62 times for exactly that same reason. She couldn't bear that it wasn't real. She wanted to live in it. ~ Alison Bechdel
62 quotes by Alison Bechdel
Almost 4.25 lakh toilets were built in 2.62 schools nationwide in one year; this gives self-confidence that we can do what we want. ~ Narendra Modi
62 quotes by Narendra Modi
According to American sociologist Kristin Park, who has reviewed most of the surveys carried out on child-free men and women in the last twenty years, the primary and most frequently cited reason for their decision (in 79 percent of surveys) is freedom. These people prized their emotional and financial autonomy, their freedom of movement, and their ability to take advantage of every opportunity for personal fulfillment. The second reason, mentioned in 62 percent of surveys, is marital happiness. After that came professional and financial considerations, fear of overpopulation, and lack of interest or a dislike of children. ~ Elisabeth Badinter
62 quotes by Elisabeth Badinter
Narcissists are everywhere in this ripe age of self-love, which amazes me because so much in life would seem to foster humility. Each of us is a potential source of foolishness, each of us must endure the consequences of the foolishness of others, and in addition to all of that, Nature frequently works to impress upon us our absurdity and thereby remind us that we are not the masters of the universe that we like to suppose we are. - Odd Thomas - Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz pg 62 chapter 8 ~ Dean Koontz
62 quotes by Dean Koontz
When we realize, really get to know what stinkers we are, it takes only a little depression to tip the scales in favor of suicide. - Dr. Walter Freeman (62) ~ Howard Dully
62 quotes by Howard Dully
(To Novatian) (Eus., H. E. vi. 45) If it was against thy will, as thou sayest, that thou wast promoted, [62] thou wilt prove this by retiring of thine own accord. It were good to suffer anything and everything so to escape dividing the Church of God. And martyrdom [63] to avoid schism is no less glorious than martyrdom to avoid idolatry. Nay, it is to my mind greater. In one case a man is a martyr for his own single soul's sake. But this is for the whole Church. ~ Saint Dionysius
62 quotes by Saint Dionysius
Besides, at 62 years old I look like I'm about 27. ~ Chubby Checker
62 quotes by Chubby Checker
The Feynman quip is not without a philosopher's tu quoque: "most scientists tend to understand little more about science than fish about hydrodynamics" (Lakatos 1978:62 n.2). ~ Robert Nola
62 quotes by Robert Nola
A survey of high-earning professionals in the corporate world found that 62 percent work more than fifty hours a week and 10 percent work more than eighty hours per week.18 Technology, while liberating us at times from the physical office, has also extended the workday. A 2012 survey of employed adults showed that 80 percent of the respondents continued to work after leaving the office, 38 percent checked e-mail at the dinner table, and 69 percent can't go to bed without checking their in-box.19 ~ Sheryl Sandberg
62 quotes by Sheryl Sandberg
There was a hint of spring in her sole green eyes, something summery in her complexion, and a rich autumn ripeness in her walk. ~ Toni Morrison
62 quotes by Toni Morrison
A retired teacher paid $62,000 towards her pension and nothing, yes nothing, for full family medical, dental and vision coverage over her entire career. What will we pay her? $1.4 million in pension benefits and another $215,000 in health care benefit premiums over her lifetime. ~ Chris Christie
62 quotes by Chris Christie
it's like a squid in love with the sky. ~ M T Anderson
62 quotes by M T Anderson
We are now spending half a trillion dollars on foreign oil, importing 62 percent of the oil we use, and we haven't had the leadership in D.C. to do anything about it. We've got to move to other sources of energy. But we've gotten way behind, and will continue to pay the fiddler. It's not a good future. ~ T. Boone Pickens
62 quotes by T. Boone Pickens
We are told what steps our church will have to take to cross the line that Israel crossed. If our church were to adopt, openly and officially, the errors of Sunday sacredness, the immortality of the soul, and eternal torment, then we too would become a part of fallen Babylon. (See Selected Messages, vol. 2, p. 68 and Testimonies to Ministers, pp. 61, 62.) However, we must remember that small deviations from truth lead to larger errors. Our compromises over the last 50 years need to be addressed and reversed, or we could be in real danger of adopting the major errors of Babylon. ~ Dennis Priebe
62 quotes by Dennis Priebe
beyond their right - and now they would be made to pay for it. Envy was being acted out, as never before.'62 It led to the murder of six million Jews in the Second World War. Today, I find envy laced through the statements of European and Indian intellectuals about America. Arundhati Roy's essay after the 11 September 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington is an example. Like many anti-American intellectuals writing in the days after the attack, Roy claimed that it was the direct result of American foreign policy - the implication being that America somehow deserved what had happened. There is widespread anti-American sentiment in the world which regards the United States as arrogant, indifferent to human suffering, consumerist, and contemptuous of international law. Much of this is probably correct, but I find that some of it is inspired by envy of America's success. ~ Gurcharan Das
62 quotes by Gurcharan Das
David has scored 62 goals in 148 games for Ipswich and those statistics tell me that he plays games and scores goals.
(on David Johnson) ~ David Platt
62 quotes by David Platt
God, like a father, doesn't just give advice. He gives himself. He becomes the husband to the grieving widow (Isaiah 54:5). He becomes the comforter to the barren woman (Isaiah 54:1). He becomes the father of the orphaned (Psalm 10:14). He becomes the bridegroom to the single person (Isaiah 62:5). He is the healer to the sick (Exodus 15:26). He is the wonderful counselor to the confused and depressed (Isaiah 9:6). ~ Randy Alcorn
62 quotes by Randy Alcorn
I graduated from high school in '62 and I didn't know any people who were gay. I'm sure there were people, but I didn't know any. For years and years, I guess, I was very uptight about being a gay actor. I thought it would make me less hirable. ~ John Glover
62 quotes by John Glover
The Three Musketeers (Dumas, Alexandre) - Your Bookmark on page 5 | location 62 | Added on Friday, 27 February 2015 12:46:51 ~ Anonymous
62 quotes by Anonymous
A boy your age should know better than to consider anything impossible. (p 62) ~ Jonathan Auxier
62 quotes by Jonathan Auxier
No, there was only one reason I was so fucking distracted that even a halfway decent blowjob was doing nothing for me. And that reason was wrapped up in a gorgeous 6'2 package of hard muscle, a lazy, killer smile and the most intense blue eyes I'd ever seen. That ~ Sloane Kennedy
62 quotes by Sloane Kennedy
Unlike the Marines, who are given macho monikers like "jarheads," the Coast Guard had long been denigrated in military circles as fey "puddle jumpers." But just as 9/11 brought a newfound respect to firemen, Katrina did the same for the reputation of the Coast Guard. At the peak of rescue operations they had 62 aircraft, 30 cutters, and 111 small boats stepping up in rescue and recovery operations. They did it all one person at a time. ~ Douglas Brinkley
62 quotes by Douglas Brinkley
the innate need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world'.62 Numerous experiments have shown that not only do rewards reduce motivation, they actually hamper our performance. In ~ Raoul Martinez
62 quotes by Raoul Martinez
Oromis Quotes «
» 63 Quotes