5 Minutes Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 5 Minutes.

Quotes About 5 Minutes

Enjoy collection of 98 5 Minutes quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 5 Minutes. Righ click to see and save pictures of 5 Minutes quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I am always running 5 minutes later than the latest you'll think I would be ~ Jon R. Michaelsen
5 Minutes quotes by Jon R. Michaelsen
The wise teacher knows that 55 minutes of work plus 5 minutes laughter are worth twice as much as 60 minutes of unvaried work. ~ Gilbert Highet
5 Minutes quotes by Gilbert Highet
The truth is easier when you leavin' it out.
Like when you "5 minutes away" but you're just leavin your house? ~ William Wordsworth
5 Minutes quotes by William Wordsworth
For those of you who think that I have my life altogether, I definitely do not. Every season brings new challenges. For example, since I had my fifth child, I am notoriously 5-10 minutes late everywhere no matter how hard I try to be on time. I would like to say that I am "fashionably" late, but that isn't the truth either. Running in a mad dash in a parking lot (all holding hands of course) to make it somewhere 5 minutes late (instead of 6 minutes cause that makes a big difference) while one child is missing shoes and my hair is going in every direction. Yep, that is my family. ~ Tamara L. Chilver
5 Minutes quotes by Tamara L. Chilver
5 minutes of learning today is better than no minutes of learning today. ~ Robin S. Sharma
5 Minutes quotes by Robin S. Sharma
I urge you to sit with yourself for 5 minutes and pour your heart out, ask yourself the serious questions ~ not the day to day duties we get caught up in. I can assure you, the 5 minutes spent reflecting on the life you have lived and how much more you're yet to achieve will spark something in you that we all forgot we have. ~ Nikki Rowe
5 Minutes quotes by Nikki Rowe
You don't gossip while your man is driving. You sit there quietly until you're about 5 minutes from your destination then you say, would you like some road head? ~ Daniel Tosh
5 Minutes quotes by Daniel Tosh
Unfortunately, as much as I am gullible, I also hate lying. I tend to tell the truth a lot ... lying just isn't worth it. But I think I'm guilty of telling people that I'm 5 minutes away when really I'm about 45 or an hour away. ~ Monica Raymund
5 Minutes quotes by Monica Raymund
Black Bean Soup Makes 4 Servings. Ingredients 2 15 oz. cans of black beans, undrained 1 16 oz. can of vegetable broth ½ cup of hot salsa 2 tbsp chili powder 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese ¼ cup of sour cream Directions Add 1 can of the beans to a blender and blitz until smooth. Place a pot over a medium heat and add the smooth beans, the whole beans, the broth, the salsa and the chili powder. Bring everything to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and garnish with ~ Sarah Sophia
5 Minutes quotes by Sarah Sophia
If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other's beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences. That's not hard. It's really an easier and better way to live. And ultimately, it saves lives. Then again, it's not easy at all. It can be the hardest thing, because loving other people starts with loving ourselves and accepting ourselves. I know many of you have struggled with this. I draw upon your strength and your support, and have, in ways you will never know. ~ Ellen Page
5 Minutes quotes by Ellen Page
It's hard when you see a scene where it's raining, and we have the rain machine, and you see it for 5 minutes, but that scene takes all day to shoot, and you do it with rain, and the dry off, and go back and do it again. ~ Morris Chestnut
5 Minutes quotes by Morris Chestnut
If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions. ~ Albert Einstein
5 Minutes quotes by Albert Einstein
Ginger Glazed Salmon 1 salmon fillet 1 small yellow onion, chopped 2 tablespoons honey 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon minced ginger 1 teaspoon dill Juice of 2 small limes Salt and pepper, to taste Instructions: Massage the salmon fillet with half of the butter, season it with salt, pepper, and dill. Place it on a bed of chopped onions and cook in the oven until just pink and tender in the center. In a separate sauce pan combine the honey, juice of 2 limes, minced ginger, and minced garlic together with the butter to make a warm glaze. Pour this glaze over the salmon and place back in the switched off oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove and serve with a simple green salad. ~ Malik Johnson
5 Minutes quotes by Malik Johnson
I'm a low maintenance girl. I try to do very little when I don't have to. I find that if I have regular 'maintenance' treatments, I can be ready to go out in 5 minutes. I get my hair coloured, have regular massages, and love getting my lashes tinted and my brows shaped. Plus heaps of exercise, and as much sleep as possible. That way when I'm going out all I have to do is slick on some gloss, and a bit of blush and I am ready to go! Of course the LA sun helps too. ~ Cat Deeley
5 Minutes quotes by Cat Deeley
If there is something that you have to do, resist the temptation to do it under duress. Ask yourself, "What's the worst thing that would happen if I didn't do this?" And if you can get away with not doing it at all, don't do it. And then imagine what would it feel like to have this done. Spend a day or two, if you can, just 15 minutes here, 5 minutes here, 2 minutes here, here and here, imagining it completed in a way that pleases you! And then, the next time you decide that you're going to take action about it, the action is going to be a whole lot easier. ~ Esther Hicks
5 Minutes quotes by Esther Hicks
When you've had one call after another and your little one is tugging on your shirt, remember what really matters. When the milk is splattered all over the floor and those little eyes are looking at you for your reaction, remember what really matters. It takes 5 minutes to clean up spilled milk; it takes much longer to clean up a broken spirit. ~ Rebecca Eanes
5 Minutes quotes by Rebecca Eanes
5 minutes with no insults. That might kill me. ~ Sherry D. Ficklin
5 Minutes quotes by Sherry D. Ficklin
I can train any dog in 5 minutes. It's training the owner that takes longer. ~ Barbara Woodhouse
5 Minutes quotes by Barbara Woodhouse
If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets? 100 minutes OR 5 minutes ~ Daniel Kahneman
5 Minutes quotes by Daniel Kahneman
Even five minutes of your time can make someone's day, ~ Melina Marchetta
5 Minutes quotes by Melina Marchetta
Every player should take 5 minutes to themselves before practice and mentally lock into what needs to be done. ~ Jeff Boals
5 Minutes quotes by Jeff Boals
I just don't talk about who I'm going out with, that's it. It's an odd thing to sit around describing yourself to 10 different people every 5 minutes yet it's kind of therapeutic in a way. ~ Radha Mitchell
5 Minutes quotes by Radha Mitchell
Nobody speaks of a beautifful view for 5 minutes ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
5 Minutes quotes by Robert Louis Stevenson
When you've got 5 minutes to fill, Twitter is a great way to fill 35 minutes. ~ Matt Cutts
5 Minutes quotes by Matt Cutts
Neil Gaiman on librarians as knowledge navigators over time.
"And information was hard to find. And it was hard to find because it was like a flower growing in a desert – you had a long way to walk, but a librarian could take you to the flower. Now it's more like flowers growing in the Amazon jungle and you're trying to find a specific flower," Gaiman said.
"Anyone who has spent 5 minutes Googling for information and just sees the amount of noise out there starts to realize that actually someone who knows what they're doing is incredibly useful. And librarians know what they're doing. ~ Neil Gaiman
5 Minutes quotes by Neil Gaiman
I could end the deficit in 5 minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection. ~ Warren Buffett
5 Minutes quotes by Warren Buffett
He was harassed, but still he spoke with authority. He was, in fact, characteristic of the best type of dominant male in the world at this time. He was fifty-five years old, tough, shrewd, unburdened by the complicated ethical ambiguities which puzzle intellectuals, and had long ago decided that the world was a mean son-of-a-bitch in which only the most cunning and ruthless can survive. He was also as kind as was possible for one holding that ultra-Darwinian philosophy; and he genuinely loved children and dogs, unless they were on the site of something that had to be bombed in the National Interest. He still retained some sense of humor, despite the burdens of his almost godly office, and, although he had been impotent with his wife for nearly ten years now, he generally achieved orgasm in the mouth of a skilled prostitute within 1.5 minutes. He took amphetamine pep pills to keep going on his grueling twenty-hour day, with the result that his vision of the world was somewhat skewed in a paranoid direction, and he took tranquilizers to keep from worrying too much, with the result that his detachment sometimes bordered on the schizophrenic; but most of the time his innate shrewdness gave him a fingernail grip on reality. ~ Robert Anton Wilson
5 Minutes quotes by Robert Anton Wilson
I can explain myself: If you want to be safe, walk in the middle of the street. I'm not joking. You've been told to look both ways before crossing the street, and the sidewalk is your friend, right? Wrong. I've spent years walking sidewalks at night. I've looked around me when it was dark, when there were men following me, creeping out of alleyways, attempting to goad me into speaking to them and shouting obscenities at me when I wouldn't, and I suddenly realised that the only place left to go was the middle of street. But why would I risk it? Because the odds are in my favour. In the States, someone is killed in a car accident on average every 12.5 minutes, while someone is raped on average every 2.5 minutes. Even when factoring in that, one, I am generously including ALL car-related accidents and not just those involving accidents, and two, that the vast majorities of rapes still go unreported […] And, thus, this is now the way I live my life: out in the open, in the middle of everything, because the middle of the street is actually the safest place to walk. ~ Emilie Autumn
5 Minutes quotes by Emilie Autumn
I remember how that used to piss me off as a kid," he recalled. "Get yourself a brand-new knife and 5 minutes later it's hung up in power lines or a fucking tree. That sure is life. One minute things are moving along good, the next, the wind blows your ass to ruination. ~ Patricia Cornwell
5 Minutes quotes by Patricia Cornwell
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago. ~ Alan W. Watts
5 Minutes quotes by Alan W. Watts
It does make sense to put on some songs that are relatively short, because radio usually only plays songs that are less than 4 or 5 minutes. ~ Mike Gordon
5 Minutes quotes by Mike Gordon
If it takes more than 5 minutes, its not graffiti. ~ Mint Serf
5 Minutes quotes by Mint Serf
You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life. ~ Marco Simoncelli
5 Minutes quotes by Marco Simoncelli
The Georgian had used more words in 5 minutes than Wyatt had spoken during 1872 and 1873 combined. ~ Mary Doria Russell
5 Minutes quotes by Mary Doria Russell
I would like to be able to say that I came back from this by just simply getting up from the sofa and rolling up my sleeves ... but I didn't. I could not even take things days by day. In realistic terms I fought to make it through the day - 5 minutes at a time. ~ Gisela Hausmann
5 Minutes quotes by Gisela Hausmann
Most of the poems I write take 5 minutes, but the words can give a lifetime of relief. Many people that have read my book say it helped them with their grief. ~ Stanley Victor Paskavich
5 Minutes quotes by Stanley Victor Paskavich
Spend 5 minutes breathing in, cherishing yourself; and, breathing out cherishing others. If you think about people you have difficulty cherishing, extend your cherishing to them anyway. ~ Dalai Lama
5 Minutes quotes by Dalai Lama
I've tackled many challenges in my lifetime. The most satisfying ones were food related. Like the 2-pound burger at Fuddruckers that I had to devour in 15 minutes. Shattered it in 5 minutes and 46 seconds! Or
the Blazing Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings: eat 12 blazing wings in 5 minutes. Killed it in 57 seconds! Quaker Steak and Lube's all-you-can- eat wings in one sitting? I may still hold the record in Madison, Wisconsin, for scarfing down 78. I'll never forget when 6 linemen and I went to a sushi restaurant during the time of the 2011 Rose Bowl in Pasadena. We didn't exactly take on an eating challenge, but we did get kicked out of the place when the owner ordered, "Go home now.
You've eaten eight hundred dollars' worth of sushi. ~ Jake Byrne
5 Minutes quotes by Jake Byrne
In 5 minutes, 1 minute and many other phrases most of them are a lie..., but why do we say them? ~ Deyth Banger
5 Minutes quotes by Deyth Banger
That's the show. it's like 5 minutes of science and then 10 minutes of me hurting myself. ~ Adam Savage
5 Minutes quotes by Adam Savage
The band and I were leading at a Youth Specialties convention. We were asked to back up Matt Maher for one of the sessions. Matt handed us the chord charts and, with less than 5 minutes of practice, we were playing it live. I fell in love with this song immediately. You can't hear the message of God's sufficient grace too many times. Matt is a great lead worshiper and is a part of Life Teen, a growing worship movement in the Catholic Church. ~ Chris Tomlin
5 Minutes quotes by Chris Tomlin
The more you push the budgets up, the more you make records cost $20, the more you make records last 4 and 5 minutes on the radio. ~ Queen Latifah
5 Minutes quotes by Queen Latifah
Before I was not in the television cameras every 5 minutes, I wasn't as visible, but this year I plan on being more visible to ensure that Virgin Rap Division does not lose. Although I am a very low key person, I am competitive, and with every ounce of my spirit, I will ensure that this label is taken seriously. ~ Jermaine Dupri
5 Minutes quotes by Jermaine Dupri
It takes you 5 years to build your reputation, but 5 minutes to ruin it. ~ Chris TDL
5 Minutes quotes by Chris TDL
He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, He who never asks is a fool forever. ~ Anonymous
5 Minutes quotes by Anonymous
My favourite quality workout is 6 X 5 minutes with 1 minute rest between each. ~ Jonathan Brown
5 Minutes quotes by Jonathan Brown
It took me 42 years to write this song, and 5 minutes to sing it.
[On The Heart of the Matter, during the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over tour.] ~ Don Henley
5 Minutes quotes by Don Henley
Yesterday I bought myself a new, very sharp kitchen knife.
And I managed to cut my finger within 5 minutes of getting home!
Those plastic packages are bloody dangerous!!! ~ Gary Edward Gedall
5 Minutes quotes by Gary Edward Gedall
Conceptual Design If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking of solutions. - Albert Einstein ~ Victor Sower
5 Minutes quotes by Victor Sower
You may have had a thousand bad breaks, but don't use that as an excuse to be negative. One good break can make up for all the bad breaks. One touch of God's favor can catapult you further than you ever imagined. You may feel like you're getting behind. You're not where you thought you would be in life. Don't worry; God knows how to make up for lost time. He knows how to accelerate things.
Now you've got to do your part. Shake off a negative mentality. Shake off pessimism, discouragement, and self-pity. Get your fire back. Life is passing you by. You don't have time to waste being negative. You have a destiny to fulfill. You have an assignment to accomplish. What's in your future is greater than anything you've seen in your past. We need to get rid of Murphy's Law and live by just the opposite. Your attitude should be: "If anything can go right today, it will go right and happen to me at the best time. Nothing will be as difficult as it looks. Nothing will take as long as it seems."
Why? You are highly favored. Almighty God is breathing in your direction. You've been anointed, equipped, and empowered.
Some may claim I'm just getting hopes up, and trying to get people to be more positive. It's true, and here's why: God is a positive God. There is nothing negative about Him. If you're negative, sour, or pessimistic, you're going against the flow of God.
When we fly from Houston to Los Angeles, it always takes thirty minutes longer to get there than it does ~ Joel Osteen
5 Minutes quotes by Joel Osteen
Fully engrossed, until now, in picturing romantic ways of seeing him and getting to know him and certain she would carry them out as soon as she wished, she had been living on that yearning and that hope, without, perhaps, realizing it. But this desire had implanted itself into her by sending out a thousand imperceptible roots, which had plunged into all her most unconscious minutes of happiness or melancholy, filling them with a new sap without her knowing where it came from. And now this desire had been ripped out and tossed away as impossible. She felt lacerated, suffering horribly in her entire self, which had been suddenly uprooted; and from the depths of her sorrow through the abruptly exposed lies of her hope, she saw the reality of her love. ~ Marcel Proust
5 Minutes quotes by Marcel Proust
None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith. ~ Paulo Coelho
5 Minutes quotes by Paulo Coelho
You're right," she acknowledged. "I don't know you,
really. We spent all of about thirty minutes together
nearly a decade ago. Still, I think the Kyle Rhodes
who walked me home and gave me the shirt off his
back would do the right thing no matter how pissed
he was at my office. So if that guy is hanging around
this penthouse anywhere, tell him to call me. ~ Julie James
5 Minutes quotes by Julie James
Benji grinned back. "You're being a real asshole today, Mr. Barnes. Well done - you been practicing?" Dad smiled, obviously relaxed. "Yeah, you know, kid, a few minutes a day, you can work that muscle with the best of them. ~ Amy Lane
5 Minutes quotes by Amy Lane
I can't stand just sitting here not doing anything. You can't solve a problem by remote control. ~ Lisa Scottoline
5 Minutes quotes by Lisa Scottoline
Good responded nobly to this tax upon his inventive faculties. Never before had I the faintest conception of the breadth and depth and height of a naval officer's objurgatory powers. For ten minutes he went on in several languages without stopping, and he scarcely ever repeated himself. ~ H. Rider Haggard
5 Minutes quotes by H. Rider Haggard
Minutes died serially into hours. Bruno ~ Jonathan Lethem
5 Minutes quotes by Jonathan Lethem
subsequently sentenced to five minutes on the Wall. ~ Amy Zhang
5 Minutes quotes by Amy Zhang
Michael held out one hand and made a "come here" motion. "Turn."
Without taking his intense focus from the open sea ahead, he swiftly unfastened the safety harness, then swiveled her face front and worked the closures on the jacket. Cold air bathed Tally's wet clothing and already chilled skin. His fingers felt warm through the wet cloth of her shirt.
"Th-thanks." Instead of feeling cold, she felt a rush of heat and stepped away. All this fear and adrenaline rushing around inside her was screwing up her normal, logical self. Her response to the man was as unexpected as it was intriguing.
Apparently, by the look on his face, he hadn't felt anything. "Get below," he said, voice grim, jaw set. He moved about on bare feet. Moved fast, but efficiently.
"Should I take your cat with me?"
"Don't have a cat."
The black furry thing right in front of him blinked.
"What's that?"
"Snap to it, sweetheart. We've got about seventeen minutes before the tail end of that typhoon hits us."
Tally almost smiled at the precision. "Exactly seventeen minutes? How could you possibly know that?"
"Want to stand there and debate it with a stopwatch?"
"No. What can I do to help?" She had to shout, and even then she wasn't sure he'd heard her.
"Told you. Below. ~ Cherry Adair
5 Minutes quotes by Cherry Adair
There was nothing unusual about my victory. The entire story was back in eighth place. There is simply no way to imagine how good Jim Ryun is or how far he will go after he becomes an adult. What he did was more significant than Roger Bannister's first mile under 4 minutes. ~ Dyrol Burleson
5 Minutes quotes by Dyrol Burleson
To go below one nanokelvin is like running a mile below four minutes for the first time. ~ Wolfgang Ketterle
5 Minutes quotes by Wolfgang Ketterle
I think I'd better do the actual stealing," Hermione continued in a matter-of-fact tone. "You two will be expelled if you get into anymore trouble, and I've got a clean record. So all of you need to do is cause enough mayhem to keep Snape busy for five minutes or so. ~ J.K. Rowling
5 Minutes quotes by J.K. Rowling
Normally seven minutes of another person's company was enough to give her a headache so she set things up to live as a recluse. She was perfectly content as long as people left her in peace. Unfortunately society was not very smart or understanding. ~ Stieg Larsson
5 Minutes quotes by Stieg Larsson
I take pride in the fact that people go home having felt that for 90 minutes today, life is beautiful - and that's it, basically. That's why professional football exists. ~ Arsene Wenger
5 Minutes quotes by Arsene Wenger
I look around me, man . . . I'm trying to do what I've always done, to protect people, to keep them safe from the monsters - only I'm pretty sure I'm one of them. I can't figure out where I could have . . . what else I might have done . . ." I swallowed. "I'm lost. I know every step I took to get here, and I'm still lost." "Harry . . ." "And my friends," I said. "Even Thomas . . . I was stuck out on that island of the damned for a year. A year, Michael, and they only showed up a handful of times. Just Murphy and Thomas, maybe half a dozen times in more than a year. It's just a goddamned boat ride away, forty minutes. People drive farther than that to go to the movies. They know what I'm turning into. They don't want to watch it happening to me. ~ Jim Butcher
5 Minutes quotes by Jim Butcher
I don't believe that," I said, and he raised his brow beneath his shaggy hair.
"I never asked you to."
(Jessica) ~ Shannon A. Thompson
5 Minutes quotes by Shannon A. Thompson
I guess now music is so saturated and so microwaved. It's, like, 15 minutes in the microwave and boom, you've got something. Nobody's putting passion or any thought behind it anymore. ~ Young Jeezy
5 Minutes quotes by Young Jeezy
Everything about my journey to get Spanx off the ground entailed me having to be a salesperson - from going to the hosiery mills to get a prototype made to calling Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. I had to position myself to get five minutes in the door with buyers. ~ Sara Blakely
5 Minutes quotes by Sara Blakely
James Potter sat up in his bed, stifling a gasp. He listened very intently, peering around the darkened sleeping chamber. All around him were the small sounds of sleeping Gryffindors. Ted rolled over and snorted, muttering in his sleep. James held his breath. He'd awakened a few minutes earlier with the sound of his own name in his ears. It had been like a voice in a dream: distant and whispered, as if blown on smoke down a long, dark tunnel. He had just about convinced himself that it had, in fact, been the tail of a dream and drifted back to sleep when he'd heard it again. It seemed to come out of the walls themselves, a faraway sound, still somehow right next to him, like a chorus of whispers saying his full name. ~ G. Norman Lippert
5 Minutes quotes by G. Norman Lippert
It doesn't have to be black and white. You have a structured workout and sure that makes your life easier. You have a template to follow. But if you don't have 45 minutes to do that workout, you can do 10 minutes of it. If you don't have time to train, you can take your dog for a walk. There's so many ways you can make these incremental changes that will lead to overall better habits. ~ Kellie Davis
5 Minutes quotes by Kellie Davis
The idea is that for ten minutes, we forget that we have feelings. And we forget about protecting ourselves or other people and we just say the truth. For ten minutes. And then we can go back to being lame. ~ John Green
5 Minutes quotes by John Green
He should have caught up with me inside of fifteen minutes at the outside, if he'd been able to get on the next train after mine. But then there was that station agent to be considered. And Rafe didn't have a solitary coin on him; he'd have to break one of those fifties. I now remembered something that I'd been noticing half my life and that had never meant anything to me until today - a little sign outside each subway change booth, advising the public that the agent wasn't obliged to make change for anything bigger than $1. Never get mixed up in a murder, flashed through my mind insanely, unless you've got plenty of small change.
("Don't Wait Up For Me, Tonight") ~ Cornell Woolrich
5 Minutes quotes by Cornell Woolrich
If you can break a day down into quarters, then hours then half hours then minutes, you can chew down any stretch of time into bite sized. ~ Marlon James
5 Minutes quotes by Marlon James
It takes stamina to get up like an athlete every single night, seven to eight performances a week, 20 weeks in a row. And there are many young performers who only learn their craft in the two minute bits it takes to film a scene. You never learn the arc of storytelling, the arc of a character that way. ~ Kevin Spacey
5 Minutes quotes by Kevin Spacey
What the hell is instant? Nothing is instant. Instant rice takes five minutes, instant pudding an hour. I doubt that an instant of blinding pain feels particularly instantaneous. ~ Anonymous
5 Minutes quotes by Anonymous
I thought crocodiles lived under my bed and if my feet hung over the side, they'd get bitten off. So I slept in a ball. I think I still do actually." Oh God. Shut up. Shut up. "Out of habit, I mean, not crocodiles. I d-don't think that anymore. Obviously."

He was quiet a moment. And then, faintly accusingly, "You know that's adorable, don't you?"

I tripped hard over adorable and couldn't think how to answer. So I said nothing at all, and merely enjoyed my few minutes in a dangerous puddle with a man who maybe thought I was adorable. ~ Alexis Hall
5 Minutes quotes by Alexis Hall
I like to go to the frat house and drink with my white friends, because anytime you go drinking at the frat house, white boys bring you a drink and hand it to you like it's a top CIA secret. They'll hand me my drink, and I'll go, 'Man, what the hell is in this?' 'Dude, don't worry. Don't ask, just drink it. I'll see you in 20 minutes.' Next thing you know, I'm buck naked, standing on a coffee table, with a cowboy hat. ~ Aries Spears
5 Minutes quotes by Aries Spears
Even if you don't feel like it, look in the mirror and laugh for a couple of minutes. ~ Robin S. Sharma
5 Minutes quotes by Robin S. Sharma
You don't know what will happen from one minute to the next. ~ Alicia Keys
5 Minutes quotes by Alicia Keys
So, there we were. The five of us - Marco, Tobias, Rachel, Cassie, and me. Five normal mallrats heading home.
Sometimes I think about that one, last moment when we were still just normal kids. It's like it was a million years ago, like it was some totally different group of kids. You know what I was afraid of right then? I was afraid of admitting to Tom that I hadn't made the team. That was as scary as life got back then.
Five minutes later, life got a lot scarier. ~ Katherine Applegate
5 Minutes quotes by Katherine Applegate
Every second you think meaningless, makes your minutes less productive and take you hours behind ~ Ankit Goel
5 Minutes quotes by Ankit Goel
One advantage of the discovery of the Photographic Art will be, that it will enable us to introduce into our pictures a multitude of minute details which add to the truth and reality of the representation, but which no artist would take the trouble to faithfully copy from nature. ~ Henry Fox Talbot
5 Minutes quotes by Henry Fox Talbot
You couldn't love someone the way he had loved her and then be turned off them in five minutes by nothing more than lies and daydreams. Could you? Could you? ~ Ruth Rendell
5 Minutes quotes by Ruth Rendell
Babylonian scientists used a counting system based on the number sixty, which is why minutes have sixty seconds. ~ David S. Kidder
5 Minutes quotes by David S. Kidder
A silent Library is a sad Library. A Library without patrons on whom to pile books and tales and knowing and magazines full of up-to-the-minute politickal fashions and atlases and plays in pentameter! A Library should be full of exclamations! Shouts of delight and horror as the wonders of the world are discovered or the lies of the heavens are uncovered or the wild adventures of devil-knows-who sent romping out of the pages. A Library should be full of now-just-a-minutes and that-can't-be-rights and scientifick folk running skelter to prove somebody wrong. It should positively vibrate with laughing at comedies and sobbing at tragedies, it should echo with gasps as decent ladies glimpse indecent things and indecent ladies stumble upon secret and scandalous decencies! A Library should not shush; it should roar! ~ Catherynne M Valente
5 Minutes quotes by Catherynne M Valente
Other times I say: I would very much like to try to do something with this music, but after playing for a few minutes, I have to break off. ~ Jan Garbarek
5 Minutes quotes by Jan Garbarek
I believe sometimes a life-time is not enough to know someone and sometimes a few minutes are enough to know someone for a life-time. ~ Purba Chakraborty
5 Minutes quotes by Purba Chakraborty
The realization of what would happen next settled gradually over Harry in the long minutes, like softly falling snow.
"I've got to go back, haven't I?"
"That is up to you."
"I've got a choice?"
"Oh yes." Dumbledore smiled at him. "We are in King's Cross, you say? I think that if you decided not to go back, you would be able to ... let's say ... board a train."
"And where would it take me?"
"On," said Dumbledore simply. ~ J.K. Rowling
5 Minutes quotes by J.K. Rowling
He sighed. "Why are you sitting out here? If you came this far, why don't you go in and see her? She knows you're here, after all."
My head snapped up. "She's awake?"
I watched Darren turn to look at me, a sad smile on his lips. "No, not yet."
"Then how do you know she knows?"
"Her heart rate's been steady all day. It picked up about fifteen minutes ago," he said, then quirked his brow. "How long have you been sitting out here?"
I stared up at him in wide-eyed shock. "About fifteen minutes."
"That's what I thought. ~ K.I. Lynn
5 Minutes quotes by K.I. Lynn
Firing off 1,000 or 500 or 2,000 nuclear warheads on a few minutes' consideration has always struck me as an absurd way to go to war. ~ William Odom
5 Minutes quotes by William Odom
For the next few minutes, we're completely lost in what feels like sheer perfection. Time has completely stopped, and all I'm thinking about while we kiss is how this is what saves people. Moments like these with people like her are what make all the suffering worth it. It's moments like these that keep people looking forward and I can't believe I've let them slip by for an entire month. ~ Colleen Hoover
5 Minutes quotes by Colleen Hoover
It was as though in these last minutes together
when they had so much to say
they could say nothing of the least significance, for fear it open the floodgates. ~ Clive Barker
5 Minutes quotes by Clive Barker
You're not mending anything, remember, Sand? The hedge." He paused and shook his head at himself. "And Perrotte's away for a few minutes, and you're talking to yourself again. ~ Merrie Haskell
5 Minutes quotes by Merrie Haskell
Once a Buddha, always a Buddha, Sam. Dust off some of your old parables. You have about fifteen minutes.'
Sam held out his hand. Give me some tobacco and a paper. ~ Roger Zelazny
5 Minutes quotes by Roger Zelazny
Peppers, garlic, hazelnuts and brazil nuts make my mouth, tongue and eyes swell and itch within minutes of eating them. ~ Andrea McLean
5 Minutes quotes by Andrea McLean
Don't waste another minute dealing with a toxic, negative, energy-draining person. Some people are wired for negativity. They love being argumentative, combative and abusive. Run for your life as quickly as possible. ~ Les Brown
5 Minutes quotes by Les Brown
I do believe that a film like Ten could never have been made with a 35mm camera. The first part of the film lasts 17 minutes, and by the end of that part, the kid has totally forgotten the camera. ~ Abbas Kiarostami
5 Minutes quotes by Abbas Kiarostami
A salamander can grow a new tail in three weeks. My dad can score new tail in three minutes. ~ Christopher Titus
5 Minutes quotes by Christopher Titus
The Need To Belong Quotes «
» Five Quotes