19 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 19.

Quotes About 19

Enjoy collection of 100 19 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 19. Righ click to see and save pictures of 19 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

18 They j tested God in their heart by demanding the food they craved. 19 They spoke against God, saying, k Can God l spread a table in the wilderness? 20 m He struck the rock so that water gushed out ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
So as one sin of Adam brought the punishment of death to all people, so too one good act that Christ did makes all people right with God, bringing them true life . One man disobeyed God, and many became sinners. In the same way, one man obeyed God, and many will be made right. ~ Saint Paul The Apostle
19 quotes by Saint Paul The Apostle
When you are 18, 19, 20, you're used to being photographed all the time, in a certain way. So, the narcissism becomes almost out of control. And the way that young women are photographed, they become addicted to this feedback of the image. ~ Marianne Faithfull
19 quotes by Marianne Faithfull
The rich people are apparently leaving America. They're giving up their citizenship. These great lovers of America who made their money in this country-when you ask them to pay their fair share of taxes they run abroad. We have 19-year old kids who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan defending this country. They went abroad. Not to escape taxes. They're working class kids who died in wars and now billionaires want to run abroad to avoid paying their fair share of taxes. What patriotism! What love of country! ~ Bernie Sanders
19 quotes by Bernie Sanders
There are two different ways to bow
Petra Cecilia Maria Hermans
August 19, 2016 ~ Petra Hermans
19 quotes by Petra Hermans
It might come as a surprise, but the Bible also addresses the importance of corporate responsibility. The Old Testament "law of gleaning" speaks loud and clear about this. Leviticus 19: 9-10 (NIV) summarizes this important social justice law which is also restated in Deuteronomy 24: "'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the LORD your God." This law from God Himself, commanded landowners, business owners in our language today, to leave some of their potential profits for immigrants and the poor. ~ Robert Chao Romero
19 quotes by Robert Chao Romero
I've had watermelon hair where I had pink with green tips. From the age of 13 to about 19 or 20, I never had my real hair color. ~ Natalia Tena
19 quotes by Natalia Tena
We'll just play it cool, like Elvis at 19. ~ Pat Benatar
19 quotes by Pat Benatar
Only now do we value every breath that escapes our lips. Perhaps now we will learn to be grateful. ~ Saim .A. Cheeda
19 quotes by Saim .A. Cheeda
It is scary, lonely and shakes our normal routines to its core. But let us try our best to see this COVID-19 lockdown as an opportunity to make memories as families. Let us make sure we are all going to look back at this in a few years' time and reminisce about the this time we spent at home together with our families. ~ Pekwa Nicholas Mohlala
19 quotes by Pekwa Nicholas Mohlala
What was I like in 1966? I was 19 years old, very confident, and life was a big adventure. ~ Diana Quick
19 quotes by Diana Quick
Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world because He is the only One who can bridge the gap between Heaven and earth. The Bible says, "By one Man's obedience many will be made righteous" (Romans 5:19 NKJV). ~ Billy Graham
19 quotes by Billy Graham
19. Before the divine fire is introduced into the substance of the soul and united with it through perfect and complete purgation and purity, its flame, which is the Holy Spirit, wounds the soul by destroying and consuming the imperfections of its bad habits. And this is the work of the Holy Spirit, in which he disposes it for divine union and transformation in God through love. The very fire of love that afterward is united with the soul, glorifying it, is what previously assailed it by purging it, just as the fire that penetrates a log of wood is the same that first makes an assault on the wood, wounding it with the flame, drying it out, and stripping it of its unsightly qualities until it is so disposed that it can be penetrated and transformed into the fire. Spiritual writers call this activity the purgative way. ~ San Juan De La Cruz
19 quotes by San Juan De La Cruz
[Chuck's wife] was standing behind me at the time and she said, 'Chuck hasn't fed himself in 19 years. So, you've got a choice: We keep the arm, or you keep Chuck.' ~ Dean Kamen
19 quotes by Dean Kamen
At around 19 I realized that I really didn't have any skills other than making people laugh, so I should probably pursue it full-time. ~ Adam Pally
19 quotes by Adam Pally
There's a passage in John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" that does a pretty good job describing California's rainfall patterns:

The water came in a 30-year cycle. There would be five to six wet and wonderful years when there might be 19 to 25 inches of rain, and the land would shout with grass. Then would come six or seven pretty good years of 12 to 16 inches of rain. And then the dry years would come ... ~ John Steinbeck
19 quotes by John Steinbeck
The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat. (Ps 19:1-6) ~ J. Budziszewski
19 quotes by J. Budziszewski
Crisis either causes regress or progress depending on the will of the people. ~ Abhijit Naskar
19 quotes by Abhijit Naskar
My mom cooked pot roast with noodles and frozen vegetables. Or she'd make spaghetti or hot dogs, or heat up TV dinners. Before I started modeling at age 19, I was 5'8 and weighed 165 pounds. ~ Carol Alt
19 quotes by Carol Alt
In the world of the Bible, one's identity and one's vocation are all bound up in who one's father is. Men are called "son of" all of their lives (for instance, "the sons of Zebedee" or "Joshua, the son of Nun"). There are no guidance counselors in ancient Canaan or first-century Capernaum, helping "teenagers" decide what they want "to be" when they "grow up." A young man watches his father, learns from him, and follows in his vocational steps. This is why "the sons of Zebedee" are right there with their father when Jesus finds them, "in their boat mending the nets" (Mark 1:19-20).
The inheritance was the engine of survival, passed from father to son, an economic pact between generations. To lose one's inheritance was to pilfer for survival, to become someone's slave. ~ Russell D. Moore
19 quotes by Russell D. Moore
My idol, Gary Payton, played 19 years. I definitely want to try to reach that. ~ Jason Terry
19 quotes by Jason Terry
But the true emperor, Luke insists, is not the one who feeds himself but who is willing to offer his life as food for the other. At the climax of his life, this child, come of age, would say to his friends, "This is my body, which will be given for you' do this in memory of me" (Lk 22:19). ~ Robert E. Barron
19 quotes by Robert E. Barron
And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. (St. John 3:19) ~ St. John 3 19
19 quotes by St. John 3 19
19.Rxc7N. There comes the novetly! [sic] Actually, the impression I had is that both players had more or less analyzed the rest of the game. ~ Romain Edouard
19 quotes by Romain Edouard
People don't take you seriously if you scream, if you raise your voice, especially when you're a 19-year-old girl. ~ Taylor Swift
19 quotes by Taylor Swift
All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19aGo therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you balways, even to the end of the age. [19 ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
19. I wrote in my notebook that even if all the possible scientific questions are answered, our problem is still not touched at all. ~ E.L. Doctorow
19 quotes by E.L. Doctorow
The key to overcome crisis is patience, courage, self-discipline, adaptation and alertness. ~ Amit Ray
19 quotes by Amit Ray
I'm 19 years old and I've already wasted my entire life ~ Burgerpants
19 quotes by Burgerpants
Sir 19:25 And if he be hindered from sinning for want of power, if he shall find opportunity to do evil, he will do it. ~ Various
19 quotes by Various
I was always pretty broad. I've had a couple bad experiences. One time, I showed up late for a gig in Brooklyn at an Italian restaurant. I ran on stage, did my show, and then some guy in the audience threatened to kill me because he didn't like my joke. Instead of talking to him, I just ran off stage. And then, because I was late, the owner of the restaurant threatened to kill me. And I was 19 years old and so scared that I almost started crying. But, I've done every gig you can imagine, in every state. ~ Nick Swardson
19 quotes by Nick Swardson
Historically, Macbeth is one of the greatest kings Scotland ever had. He was on the throne for 19 years, and he simply has this dreadful reputation because Shakespeare manipulated history for the benefit of James I, who was paying him to write the play to blacken Macbeth's name. ~ David Hewson
19 quotes by David Hewson
I completed my first novel when I was 19 years old. ~ Danielle Steel
19 quotes by Danielle Steel
Overall, people are about twice as likely to seek information that supports their own point of view as they are to consider an opposing idea.19 ~ Margaret Heffernan
19 quotes by Margaret Heffernan
each day 14 children under the age of 19 are killed by guns ~ National Center For Health Statistics (U.S.) Staff
19 quotes by National Center For Health Statistics (U.S.) Staff
When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, "Hear Me, everyone, and understand: 15 There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. 16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!"* 17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable. 18 So He said to them, "Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?"* 20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man. ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
I am delighted to be back home in Galway, the place I first came to as a 19-year-old in 1960. It's here where my heart is and will forever be. ~ Michael D. Higgins
19 quotes by Michael D. Higgins
I acted when I was young, but at 19, I had my own theater company where I acted but also directed. I also did some theater in Los Angeles. So I was always wanting to direct, even before I became an established actor. ~ Rob Reiner
19 quotes by Rob Reiner
The peace of the celestial city is the perfectly ordered and harmonious enjoyment of God, and of one another in God. (City of God, Book 19) ~ Augustine Of Hippo
19 quotes by Augustine Of Hippo
God knows how to bring justice in your life. It may not happen overnight, but it will happen.
We all go through situations in which we are treated unfairly. Maybe somebody is gossiping about you, or picking on you, trying to make you look bad at school or work. The natural response is to defend yourself or strike back. Human nature wants to get revenge. We like to get even. But the Lord says, "Vengeance is Mine" (Deuteronomy 32:35 NKJV). That means God will make your wrongs right. God wants to repay you for every unfairness. He is a God of justice.
The bottom line is this: God wants you to have the last laugh.
Here's how it can happen. Romans 12:19 says to never avenge yourselves, but to let God do it. Notice, you can avenge yourself, or you can let God be your avenger; but you cannot have it both ways.
If you take matters into your own hands, God will step back and say, "You go ahead. You don't need My help." But if you learn to stay on the high road, control your emotions, and let God be your avenger, He will show up and say, "All right. Let Me go to work. ~ Joel Osteen
19 quotes by Joel Osteen
When I was a child, I wanted to watch things that made me laugh. It's attacking boredom, as simple as that. I was 19 when I first went to a comedy club - I wanted to do it, so I gave it a try and that was it. I found my office. ~ Dylan Moran
19 quotes by Dylan Moran
KitKat 13:18:45: Who would your ideal prince be? Your childhood friend, Prince Charming, or a strong warrior?

Gallows Humor 13:19:10: I don't want to know which Disney Princess I am. I've told you before, stop doing online quizzes. Leave it.

Gallows Humor 13:22:19: He would love me for myself.

KitKat 13:22:57: Tell me about your dress. ~ Lauren James
19 quotes by Lauren James
I have a Ph.D. in philosophy and sports science. At 14, I went through this really tough Soviet training system. A lot of my roommates got psychologically broken or physically injured. Either you came through, or you were out. I made my Ph.D. work in the field of young athletes aged 14-19 because at this age any human is changing. ~ Wladimir Klitschko
19 quotes by Wladimir Klitschko
God gets us through stuff. Through the Red Sea onto dry ground (Ex. 14:22), through the wilderness (Deut. 29:5), through the valley of the shadow of death (Ps. 23:4), and through the deep sea (Ps. 77:19). Through is a favorite word of God's: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. (Isa. 43:2)1 ~ Max Lucado
19 quotes by Max Lucado
Micah 7:19 ... "You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea." The picture is of God vigorously disposing of our sins by hurling them overboard. He doesn't just drop them over the side; He hurls them ... ~ Jerry Bridges
19 quotes by Jerry Bridges
In America, they have this nauseating habit of calling the conductor 'maestro'. I always slightly gag when the cor anglais player goes, 'Maestro, can I discuss bar 19 with you?' ~ Charles Hazlewood
19 quotes by Charles Hazlewood
I used to play my records aloud until one night my mother was like, "This is too loud. I'm not having it," and so I put on headphones. But the headphones didn't stretch all the way to my bed from the record player, so I had to sleep on the floor in order to hear the records. I slept on the floor right next to the record player until I was probably 19 years old. ~ Lauryn Hill
19 quotes by Lauryn Hill
There was a time when I was 19 when I really, really, really thought I was going crazy. I was exhausted and going through a terrible depression. ~ Winona Ryder
19 quotes by Winona Ryder
These so-called bleak times are necessary to go through in order to get to a much, much better place. ~ David Lynch
19 quotes by David Lynch
To power the country by building 186,000 fifty-story wind turbines - and running 19,000 miles of new transmission lines - just seems impractical and preposterous compared to the idea of building a hundred new nuclear facilities primarily on the sites we already have. ~ Lamar Alexander
19 quotes by Lamar Alexander
I'm able to laugh now, because I've gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy to heal over the years, my music's been wonderful for me. But I was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself. To be fair, I was about 19, so ... I went to Catholic school and all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, 'Oh, is this just the way adults are?' I was very naive. ~ Lady Gaga
19 quotes by Lady Gaga
My cousin just died. He was only 19. He got stung by a bee - the natural enemy of a tightrope walker. ~ Dan Rather
19 quotes by Dan Rather
After the Cougars' 19-15 Cotton Bowl victory over Kansas State We're the only team in NCAA history to win 14 games in a season. It was just a great experience and I can't say enough about it ... People don't know how difficult it is to get up for 15 games. ~ LaVell Edwards
19 quotes by LaVell Edwards
The problem with being married to an athlete who is, like, 19 feet tall and can just eat, like, 17 burgers at 11 o'clock at night is, you're like, 'I'll have just three of those burgers,' and you think you're being good because he had 19 and you had three! ~ Kaley Cuoco
19 quotes by Kaley Cuoco
MAR4.19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful. ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
2020 is the year of isolation. ~ Steven Magee
19 quotes by Steven Magee
Did you ever think one day you'd live through a global pandemic, with a doomsday virus, and the Joker is president? Sounds like a bad made-for-TV scifi movie. ~ Oliver Markus Malloy
19 quotes by Oliver Markus Malloy
I mean I grew up in Ireland, so one would have to be consciously blinkered not to have reflected on the issue of political violence because that was the story since I was 19 years old or 20. ~ Neil Jordan
19 quotes by Neil Jordan
When I was 19, I thought I wanted to be an English civil servant. It was the most exotic thing at the time - can you imagine, in the middle of the IRA bombing campaigns? I saw an ad inviting Irish applicants for an induction course, so I signed up. ~ Colm Toibin
19 quotes by Colm Toibin
Like many other people of my generation, I don't think I ever really bothered to grow up. I wasn't ever really a proper teenager until I was about 19, and maybe I got a bit stuck there, because it seemed to go on and on. ~ Meg Rosoff
19 quotes by Meg Rosoff
Most human beings, in other words, would rather fight than starve.19 ~ Francis Fukuyama
19 quotes by Francis Fukuyama
Government may not interfere with individual liberty in order to protect a person from himself, or to impose the majority's beliefs about how best to live. The only actions for which a person is accountable to society, Mill argues, are those that affect others. As long as I am not harming anyone else, my "independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."19 ~ Michael J. Sandel
19 quotes by Michael J. Sandel
19 That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
COVID-19 is expected to increase the rates of disease in the survivors. ~ Steven Magee
Labor Day. We could hear their bellow and grind from the Route 19 overpass. Below, the river gleamed like a flaw in metal. Leaving the parking lot behind, we billy-goated down the fisherman's trail, one by one, the way all mountain people do. Loud clumps of bees clustered in the fireweed and boneset, and the trail underfoot crunched with cans, condom wrappers, worm containers. A half-buried coal bucket rose from the dirt with a galvanized grin. The laurel hell wove itself into a tunnel, hazy with gnats. There, a busted railroad spike. The smell of river water filled our noses. ~ Matthew Neill Null
19 quotes by Matthew Neill Null
A lot of us pray as if prayer is really twisting the arm of God or convincing God to do something. We think by saying more words we'll talk God into it. We think, "If I say it one more time, God will agree with me." That very attitude is an alienating attitude. It keeps us in the role of doing it "right" or often enough to convince an unready or unwilling God. Wrong, wrong, wrong!
19 minutes ago ~ Richard Rohr
19 quotes by Richard Rohr
It is my PRIDE, my damned, native, unconquerable Pride, that plunges me into Distraction. You must know that 19 - 20th of my Composition is Pride. I must either live a Slave, a Servant; to have no Will of my own, no Sentiments of my own which I may freely declare as such;
or DIE
perplexing alternative! ~ Thomas Chatterton
19 quotes by Thomas Chatterton
18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping - believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, "That's how many descendants you will have!"* 19 And Abraham's faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead - and so was Sarah's womb. 20 Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. 22 And because of Abraham's faith, God counted him as righteous. 23 And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn't just for Abraham's benefit. It was recorded 24 for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
I can't believe how much time has passed. The first time I did stand-up I was 17, and I was really a stand-up once I was 19 in New York, and now I'm 41, and I still feel like I haven't found myself onstage. ~ Sarah Silverman
19 quotes by Sarah Silverman
The highest good is like water, for the good of water is that it nourishes everything without striving. It occupies the place which all men think bad [i.e., the lowest level].17 [102d] It is thus that Tao in the world is like a river going down the valley to the ocean.18 [102e] The most gentle thing in the world overrides the most hard.19 [102g] How do coves and oceans become kings of a hundred rivers? Because they are good at keeping low - That is how they are kings of the hundred rivers.20 [102f] Nothing in the world is weaker than water, But it has no better in overcoming the hard.21 [101a] ~ Alan W. Watts
19 quotes by Alan W. Watts
I joined Genesis when I was 19. I've earned the right to actually do nothing. I don't want to be a shadow of what I was, so I've kind of just quite willingly stood back. ~ Phil Collins
19 quotes by Phil Collins
Once again we may ask - how is it that Jesus assumed an authority and reign that he did not previously possess? The answer is found in an important distinction. We may distinguish Jesus' essential dominion or reign from his mediatorial dominion or reign. This is how Ebenezer Erskine and James Fisher, two eighteenth-century Scottish commentators on the Westminster Shorter Catechism, express the difference. Q. 17. How manifold is [Jesus'] kingdom? A. It is twofold; his essential and his mediatorial kingdom. Q. 18. What is his essential kingdom? A. It is that absolute and supreme power, which he hath over all the creatures in heaven and earth, essentially and naturally, as God equal with the Father, Psal. ciii. 19, "his kingdom ruleth over all - " Q. 19. What is his mediatorial kingdom? A. It is that sovereign power and authority in and over the church, which is given him as Mediator, Eph. i. 22.52 ~ Guy Prentiss Waters
19 quotes by Guy Prentiss Waters
2020 was the year of hermits. ~ Steven Magee
I started a deli when I was 19 years old. Kevin O's. The sandwiches at Kevin O's were a little like Subway before Subway - fresh baked bread. My best seller was turkey with cream cheese and artichoke hearts. I just made it up. ~ Kevin McCarthy
19 quotes by Kevin McCarthy
A wise man nourishes his soul each morning with the word of God and enriches his day with God's wisdom. Psalm 19:7. ~ Felix Wantang
19 quotes by Felix Wantang
Mind control survivors have identified doctors used by the CIA under Project MKULTRA as having used different aliases. I have personally spoken and corresponded with many of these child Cold War survivors. It seems colors were one of the most commonly used themes. Many survivors have identified Josef Mengele as using the aliases Dr. Green, Dr. Black, Dr. Swartz (black in German), Father Joseph, or Vaterchen (daddy) when he did their programming. The experiments and programming he used on us were of such a heinous nature, that they were not unlike some of those performed at Auschwitz.

In 1937, Mengele was appointed research assistant at the Third Reich Institute for Heredity, Biology, and Racial Purity. Mengele provided "experimental materials" to the Kaiser-Wilhelm Institute of Anthropology from twins including eyes, blood, and other body parts from Auschwitz. Mengele fled Auschwitz in January 1945 before the Russians liberated the camp. French government documents state that the Americans captured Mengele in 1946. According to the French, Mengele "was released without explanation by the Americans on November 19, 1946." The French claimed that American authorities confirmed the Mengele arrest and release on Feb. 29, 1947. ~ Carol Rutz
19 quotes by Carol Rutz
We don't love because we first loved ourselves - we love because He first loved us. (1 John 4:19) ~ Heather Hart
19 quotes by Heather Hart
We must all offer up a hymn of praise to the God ... who is 'Lord of lords' (Deut. 10:17, Ps. 136:1, I Tim. 6:15, Rev. 17:14, 19:16) ... Lordship is not simply a matter of being superior with respect to inferiors but a complete possession of all that is beautiful and good, and is furthermore a true and unshakable stability. ~ Pope Dionysius
19 quotes by Pope Dionysius
May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love; 18-19 and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God ~ Anonymous
19 quotes by Anonymous
When people depend on my life
they depend of my soul and heart.
Petra Hermans
August 19, 2016
Amen
God ~ Petra Hermans
19 quotes by Petra Hermans
To obey God, is not so much our duty - as our privilege; his commands carry food in the mouth of them. He bids us repent - and why? That our sins may be blotted out. Acts 3:19. He commands us to believe - and why? That we may be saved. Acts 16:31. There is love in every command. It is as if a king should bid one of his subjects dig in a gold mine, and then keep the gold for himself. ~ Thomas Watson
19 quotes by Thomas Watson
If some unemployed punk in New Jersey, can get a cassette to make love to Elle McPherson for $19.95, this virtual reality stuff is going to make crack look like Sanka. ~ Dennis Miller
19 quotes by Dennis Miller
One who understands the limits of the good life knows that what eliminates the pains brought on by need and what makes the whole of life perfect is easily obtained, so that there is no need for enterprises that entail the struggle for success.19 ~ Epicurus
19 quotes by Epicurus
Too many people feel that where you start out dictates where you should end up. I was on welfare and just shy of 19 when my first daughter was born, but I was encouraged to take advantage of my ability and drive and remained in school. ~ Gwen Moore
19 quotes by Gwen Moore
It's not getting any better, is it? I don't want my 19-year-old boy going into the army. I love these little kids. They understand how passionate I am. ~ Burt Bacharach
19 quotes by Burt Bacharach
JANUARY 24 He Will Reward You So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return [to God], that your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean), that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord. ACTS 3:19 Success principles alone will not work in your life if you don't spend time with God, allowing His Holy Spirit to be your Counselor and to give you revelation and understanding of what to do each day. But if you flow in God's plan, you will learn to stop trying to figure out how everything will work together for your good. Learn to seek God's face and not His hand all the time. Then keep your hands open and be ready to receive from Him. God is good; you can trust what He speaks to your heart to do. ~ Joyce Meyer
19 quotes by Joyce Meyer
Between 1857 and 1929, while regulators largely stood idle, the American economy swung through 19 national boom-and-bust gyrations that sometimes threatened to wipe out whole industries within months. ~ Charles Duhigg
19 quotes by Charles Duhigg
At the tender age of 19 Bessie Stringfield commenced traveling across the United States. She'd toss a penny onto a map of the States and wherever it landed was where she'd go, and this was at the height of racism at its ugliest, yet this never stopped her. Though often denied accommodation because of the colour of her skin, she would find a place to sleep with black families or, if this wasn't possible, she'd simply sleep on her motorbike at filling stations, using her rolled up jacket as a pillow ~ Karl Wiggins
19 quotes by Karl Wiggins
If you look at the top 20 companies of the world, 19 of them are still brick-and-mortar companies. I have nothing against tech companies. What I am saying is that if you have a car manufacturer or an oil and gas manufacturer, you won't get the supply over the Net. ~ Anil Ambani
19 quotes by Anil Ambani
Go to the bank looking like a bank robber! ~ Steven Magee
So in the midst of our struggle with indwelling sin, we must continually keep our focus on the gospel. We must always go back to the truth that even in the face of the fact that so often "I do not do the good that I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing" (Rom 7:19), there is no condemnation. God no longer counts our sins against us (Rom 4:8). Or, to say it another way, God wants us to find our primary joy in our objectively declared justification, not in our subjectively perceived sanctification. Regardless of how much progress we make in our pursuit of holiness, it will never come close to the absolute perfect righteousness of Christ that is ours through our union with him in his life and death. So we should learn to live with the discomfort of the justified life. We should accept the fact that as still-growing Christians we will always be dissatisfied with our sanctification. But at the same time, we should remember that in Christ we are justified. ~ Jerry Bridges
19 quotes by Jerry Bridges
The terrorism danger to the United States is even worse than September 11th, when 19 hijackers murdered almost 3,000 Americans. ~ Newt Gingrich
19 quotes by Newt Gingrich
I rescheduled all my doctors appointments to summertime to avoid doctors offices during the COVID-19 pandemic. ~ Steven Magee
I met my wife when we were both 19 or 20, at a music school where she was taking voice and piano lessons and I was doing classes in music theory and composition. ~ Rohinton Mistry
19 quotes by Rohinton Mistry
While there is a real urgency for caution, there is also an overwhelming urgency for calm. My greatest concern is that the driving force of this pandemic may cause those who have no signs or symptomology to develop other chronic fears, anxieties and medical conditions. Heightened fears and anxieties will not make you feel safer. Compulsive and impulsive purchases will not protect you from the virus. It is important that you take care of your physical and mental health. Follow what your state and county are advising you to do. The sky is not falling and life will return to normal. The most prudent thing that people can do at this time, is to take commonsense approaches to reduce your risk of exposure. ~ Asa Don Brown
19 quotes by Asa Don Brown
I went on to Cincinnati. I had got a taste of the big cities and them bright lights. I stayed there until I was about 18 or 19 and then I went on to Detroit. ~ John Lee Hooker
19 quotes by John Lee Hooker
Sometimes hope is the biggest weapon of all to use against us (Danticat 19). ~ Edwidge Danticat
19 quotes by Edwidge Danticat
Every constitution ... , and every law, naturally expires at the end of 19 years [a generation]. If it be enforced longer, it is anact of force, and not of right. ~ Thomas Jefferson
19 quotes by Thomas Jefferson
GARDENS OR FIELDS? Craig Blomberg points out that in Matthew's parable of the mustard seed, the sower sows his seed in a "field" (agros, Matt 13:31), while in Luke the sowing is in a "garden" (kepos, Luke 13:19). Jews never grew mustard plants in gardens, but always out on farms, while Greeks in the Mediterranean basin did the opposite. It appears that each gospel writer was changing the word that Jesus used in Mark - the word for "earth" or "ground" (ge, Mark 4:31) - for the sake of his hearers. There is a technical contradiction between the Matthean and Lukan terms, states Blomberg, "but not a material one. Luke changes the wording precisely so that his audience is not distracted from ... the lesson by puzzling over an ... improbable practice." The result is that Luke's audience "receives his teaching with the same impact as the original audience."22 ~ Timothy Keller
19 quotes by Timothy Keller
Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." - Matthew 19:26 ~ Gary Chapman
19 quotes by Gary Chapman
Versailles Quotes «
» 23 Quotes