45 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 45.

Quotes About 45

Enjoy collection of 100 45 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 45. Righ click to see and save pictures of 45 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

There came a shrill beep followed by another message. "Listen bitch! You better stop lying about Coach T. If you don't, you're gonna find yourself in a world of hurt! It's real hard to screw up people's lives when you're dead!"

With trembling hands, I turned the machine off. I didn't want to hear anymore. Name calling was one thing, but now my life had been threatened.

Mom never came in that night, and I never went to sleep. I sat in the middle of my bed with her loaded .45 by my side until morning."---Jordan ~ Katie Ashley
45 quotes by Katie Ashley
There is a woman named Wendy Wood, who did a study when she was at Duke, and she followed around college students to try to figure out how much of their day was decision-making versus how much was habit. And what she found was that about 45 percent of all the behaviors that someone did in a day was habit. ~ Charles Duhigg
45 quotes by Charles Duhigg
Whoever wants to be great among you must be your servant and whoever wants to be first must be servant of all ~ Timothy Keller
45 quotes by Timothy Keller
Once I entered the house late at night and overheard Mark and my mom having sex by the fireplace. She was moaning like she was flying on a magic carpet. I almost puked into the kitchen sink. I would give anything for her to dump him. Jade's mom says it will never happen because women over 45 have a better chance of getting blown up by a terrorist than finding a man. Haha! If I ever get that desperate, I will buy a giant vibrator and never leave the house. ~ Allison Burnett
45 quotes by Allison Burnett
May we not have a picture of Christ, who has a true body? By no means; because, though he has a true body and a reasonable soul, John 1:14, yet his human nature subsists in his divine person, which no picture can represent, Psalm 45:2. Why ought all pictures of Christ to be abominated by Christians? Because they are downright lies, representing no more than the picture of a mere man: whereas, the true Christ is God-man ~ James Fisher
45 quotes by James Fisher
It [the intelligence service] concludes that Iraq has chemical and biological weapons, that Saddam has continued to produce them, that he has existing and active military plans for the use of chemical and biological weapons, which could be activated within 45 minutes, including against his own Shia population; and that he is actively trying to acquire nuclear weapons capability ... ~ Tony Blair
45 quotes by Tony Blair
The alarm rings 4:45, again at 5, but I wake up 4:30 naturally. Shower, shave, orange juice, perk my own coffee, hear the news, and the CBS car arrives 5:30. ~ Charlie Rose
45 quotes by Charlie Rose
Hope was a cancer inside him. He didn't want it; he did not want it. He could not bear these shoots of tender green hope springing up within him any longer. (45) ~ Elizabeth Strout
45 quotes by Elizabeth Strout
I have been a fan of Dexter since the pilot. Once I got the audition I just squealed, and you would have thought I just won 45 million dollars. ~ Aimee Garcia
45 quotes by Aimee Garcia
I like being a mother, and I want to be involved in my work, so I have to make choices. If you're a film actress, your career is from 20 to 45, but you can still dream. ~ Juliette Binoche
45 quotes by Juliette Binoche
Most people don't hold a job for 45 years. They pass on or want to retire. I don't want to retire. My real goal is to do 50 years on 'Sesame Street,' and I only got 4-and-a-half years to go. ~ Caroll Spinney
45 quotes by Caroll Spinney
A Conference Board survey released in January of 2010 found that only 45 percent of workers surveyed were happy at their jobs, the lowest in 22 years of polling.2 Depression rates today are ten times higher than they were in 1960.3 Every year the age threshold of unhappiness sinks lower, not just at universities but across the nation. Fifty years ago, the mean onset age of depression was 29.5 years old. Today, it is almost exactly half that: 14.5 years old. ~ Shawn Achor
45 quotes by Shawn Achor
For 45 years I've worked without an audience. ~ Richard Lewis
45 quotes by Richard Lewis
Devo and The Cramps didn't get big until they went to New York City. Chrissie Hynde didn't get big until she moved to London. When I was growing up, there wasn't even a place to play - just one little bar. If we wanted to have a gig, then we had to drive 45 minutes up to Cleveland. ~ Dan Auerbach
45 quotes by Dan Auerbach
The Security Council represents the situation from 1945 - you had the Allies who won the war who occupied that. The defeated guys - the Germans and Japan - were out. The occupied countries had no voice. That was fine in '45, but today, Germany rules Europe, frankly. They are driving Europe but have no voice. ~ Mo Ibrahim
45 quotes by Mo Ibrahim
Hitting the Road Trucking 222 Plaza Place Outthereville, MA 90000 May 22, 20xx To Whom It May Concern: Ron Goodley has been an employee of Hitting the Road Trucking since September 4, 20xx, a total of over five years. He has a full-time position as a driver. His salary is $45,000 per year. This position is permanent, and Ron's prospects for performance-based advancement and salary increases are excellent. Very truly yours, Bob Bossman Personnel Manager Hitting the Road Trucking ~ Ilona Bray
45 quotes by Ilona Bray
You know, people think you have to be dumb to skip rope for 45 minutes. No, you have to be able to imagine something else. While you're skipping rope, you have to be able to see something else. ~ John Irving
45 quotes by John Irving
Self-professed conservatives comprise about 40% to 45% of the electorate. ~ Paul Weyrich
45 quotes by Paul Weyrich
Seat assignment didn't matter if you're flying Dallas to Houston and you did it 38 times a day. People just got on, you didn't sit next to your wife, and it was a 45-minute flight. It didn't matter. ~ David Neeleman
45 quotes by David Neeleman
Most home invasion victims with arms find themselves in Herbert Clutter's position: surprised and overwhelmed. Unless you sleep with your .45 auto fully loaded and under your pillow, you're apt to find yourself in the same position if the bad guys ever should show up in your bedroom, enquiring as to the location of your safe. ~ Stephen King
45 quotes by Stephen King
When I turned 45, I lay in bed reflecting on all life had taught me. My soul sprang a leak and ideas flowed out. My pen simply caught them and set the words on paper. I typed them up and turned them into a newspaper column of the 45 lessons life taught me. When I hit 50, I added five more lessons and the paper ran the column again. ~ Regina Brett
45 quotes by Regina Brett
I wrote 'Criminal' in 45 minutes when everyone else went to lunch because I had to have a hit. I can force myself to do the work, but only if someone is right up behind me. ~ Fiona Apple
45 quotes by Fiona Apple
Hey, it's Florida. Toss a beach ball at me, I'll empty my .45 into you and be home in time for Jimmy Kimmel. ~ Paul Levine
45 quotes by Paul Levine
I've been active all my life. In 1990 I retired from my firm, I.M. Pei & Partners, and for two years I didn't do much. Then I started to get kind of antsy, so I decided, I'm going to do some more work. And I chose to do work outside the U.S. because I've spent 45 years here and I wanted to learn more about what's happening in the rest of the world. ~ I.M. Pei
45 quotes by I.M. Pei
The demonic powers hate babies because they hate Jesus. When they destroy "the least of these" (Matthew 25:40, 45), the most vulnerable among us, they're destroying a picture of Jesus himself. ~ Russell D. Moore
45 quotes by Russell D. Moore
I lived in Red Hook, Brooklyn, for about 10 years, and then we moved out to Jersey City after my wife and I bought a house up in the Catskills. I miss Brooklyn, but the commute to the Catskills is about 45 minutes shorter. ~ Pablo Schreiber
45 quotes by Pablo Schreiber
If your friends are obese, your risk of obesity is 45 percent higher ... If your friend's friends are obese, your risk of obesity is 25 percent higher ... If your friend's friend's friend, someone you probably don't even know, is obese, your risk of obesity is 10 percent higher. It's only when you get to your friend's friend's friend's friends that there's no longer a relationship between that person's body size and your own body size. ~ Nicholas A. Christakis
45 quotes by Nicholas A. Christakis
KitKat 13:18:45: Who would your ideal prince be? Your childhood friend, Prince Charming, or a strong warrior?

Gallows Humor 13:19:10: I don't want to know which Disney Princess I am. I've told you before, stop doing online quizzes. Leave it.

Gallows Humor 13:22:19: He would love me for myself.

KitKat 13:22:57: Tell me about your dress. ~ Lauren James
45 quotes by Lauren James
I know you think that when you're 35, 45, 55, you'll be different. But I'm going to let you in on a bit of a secret. You're going to look different, and your life is going to be different, but in your head you'll always be that 16-year-old girl. ~ Francine Pascal
45 quotes by Francine Pascal
Checking email every 45 seconds is not only compulsive, it's presumptuous. It suggests a belief that anyone who sends us a message needs us to read it immediately, even if the message is from SkyMall telling us our Bigfoot Garden Yeti statue has shipped. ~ Meghan Daum
45 quotes by Meghan Daum
They were keen for me still to play the piano, which I was going to, but 45 minutes of piano would be extremely boring. I like a bit of light and shade. ~ Keith Emerson
45 quotes by Keith Emerson
Well, 45-odd years of doing it, so we all pile up the things we like about directors and the things we don't like about directors. And sometimes they're very similar. ~ Dustin Hoffman
45 quotes by Dustin Hoffman
Conflicts in relationships - having an annoying office mate or room-mate, or having chronic conflict with your spouse - is one of the surest ways to reduce your happiness. You never adapt to interpersonal conflict;45 it damages every day, even days when you don't see the other person but ruminate about the conflict nonetheless. ~ Jonathan Haidt
45 quotes by Jonathan Haidt
I tell my children, shut up and let me speak. What I've learned, I have been married for 45 years and in my own family It is that I've learned to stop being judgmental, to listen. ~ Malachy McCourt
45 quotes by Malachy McCourt
I think, therefore I am, dangerous. ~ D.A. Hanks
45 quotes by D.A. Hanks
Now I would say at any given moment in American life, there are probably 45 poets in airplanes vectoring across the country heading towards ... I don't know if anyone's reading it, but poets are still flying around the country going from lectern to lectern.That circuitry has become very well-established. ~ Billy Collins
45 quotes by Billy Collins
This moment in time, on this tour, you know, I'm discovering a lot of new things. And to be 45 and doing that, it's a mixture of pleasure and pain, I can assure you. ~ Eric Clapton
45 quotes by Eric Clapton
It's murder to doubt yourself in life. It took until I was 45 to get to that point. As hard as it is in your work, it's harder in your life. But it can be done. ~ Alan Arkin
45 quotes by Alan Arkin
What is it with Florida? In Pensacola, Jack Crawford answered his door only to get cracked on the head with a bat. "About 8:45 p.m., three teenage males knocked on the door." As soon as Crawford opened the door, "Wham! Split my head open," Crawford said. "So I shot him and another guy." Of the three intruders, one was white. "Crawford said he wasn't too rattled by the attack, and he still felt comfortable staying in the home." Crawford is not in danger of prosecution because of Florida's "Stand your Ground" law.9 ~ Colin Flaherty
45 quotes by Colin Flaherty
While the average satellite in orbit costs around $100 million to build, Tyvak's start at $45,000. Their clients range from well-funded high school science clubs to NASA. Given the revolution in accessibility, it's possible to imagine other nonstate actors having a go at space as well. Nongovernmental organizations may start pursuing missions that undermine governments' objectives. An activist billionaire wanting to promote transparency could deploy a constellation of satellites to monitor and then tweet the movements of troops worldwide. Criminal syndicates could use satellites to monitor the patterns of law enforcement in order elude capture, or a junta could use them to track rivals after a coup. ~ Anonymous
45 quotes by Anonymous
I write while my son is at school. At about 7:45 A.M., I walk him there, with the dogs, then walk them for another forty minutes or so, go home and chain myself to the desk a little before 9 A.M., and try not to be distracted until I hear my son plunge through the front door at about 3 P.M. ~ Geraldine Brooks
45 quotes by Geraldine Brooks
The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. - John 12:45 niv ~ Gary Chapman
45 quotes by Gary Chapman
The best job to get was as a doctor, at $45,000 a year. The worst was a teacher, at $17,000. If there was any disparity in salary between players, the game was over at the beginning: it didn't take an extra eye to see that a doctor could whoop ass on a teacher. So we massaged the rules a bit: Why not both be doctors? How easy! How fair! That way whoever won did so by a slim margin of money and/or plastic children pegs in the car-shaped game pieces. Little did we know we'd reinvented Communism ~ Audrey Meier DeKam
45 quotes by Audrey Meier DeKam
My first really good guitar was a Gibson J-45. ~ Johnny Rivers
45 quotes by Johnny Rivers
Fuck You Poem #45

Fuck you in slang and conventional English.
Fuck you in lost and neglected lingoes.
Fuck you hungry and sated; faded, pock marked, and defaced.
Fuck you with orange rind, fennel and anchovy paste.
Fuck you with rosemary and thyme, and fried green olives on the side.
Fuck you humidly and icily.
Fuck you farsightedly and blindly.
Fuck you nude and draped in stolen finery.

Fuck you while cells divide wildly and birds trill.
Thank you for barring me from his bedside while he was ill.
Fuck you puce and chartreuse.
Fuck you postmodern and prehistoric.
Fuck you under the influence of opiun, codeine, laudanum, and paregoric.
Fuck every real and imagined country you fancied yourself princess of.
Fuck you on feast days and fast days, below and above.
Fuck you sleepless and shaking for nineteen nights running.
Fuck you ugly and fuck you stunning.

Fuck you shipwrecked on the barren island of your bed.
Fuck you marching in lockstep in the ranks of the dead.
Fuck you at low and high tide.
And fuck you astride
anyone who has the bad luck to fuck you, in dank hallways,
bathrooms, or kitchens.
Fuck you in gasps and whispered benedictions.

And fuck these curses, however heartfelt and true,
that bind me, till I forgive you, to you. ~ Amy Gerstler
45 quotes by Amy Gerstler
In our hunger for guidance, we were ordinary. The American Freshman Survey, which has followed students since 1966, proves the point. One prompt in the questionnaire asks entering freshmen about "objectives considered to be essential or very important." In 1967, 86 percent of respondents checked "developing a meaningful philosophy of life," more than double the number who said "being very well off financially." Naturally, students looked to professors for moral and worldly understanding. Since then, though, finding meaning and making money have traded places. The first has plummeted to 45 percent; the second has soared to 82 percent. ~ Anonymous
45 quotes by Anonymous
When the world smiles upon us, and we have got a warm nest, how do we prophesy of rest and peace in those acquisitions, thinking with good Baruch, great things for ourselves, but Providence by a particular or general calamity overturns our plans (Jer. 45:4,5), and all this to turn our hearts from the creature to God. ~ John Flavel
45 quotes by John Flavel
I'm sure that everything you do contributes to the sort of novel that you write. A lot of actors have an understanding of drama and a good ear for dialogue and also the rhythm of speech. Similarly, my 16 years in radio drama has influenced me. You only have 45 minutes, or 7,000 words, to tell a story, so every scene has to have a point. ~ Rachel Joyce
45 quotes by Rachel Joyce
I know exactly what I want to buy and I spend very little time, maybe 15 hours a year, buying stuff. I'll go in and out of Dunhill in 45 minutes and pick out a few suits. Boom. And I'm gone. I get my shirts at Charvet. I go in there - woosh - and buy 12 shirts and some ties; once a year and that's it. ~ Edward N. Ney
45 quotes by Edward N. Ney
A lucky thing Eva Peron was. She died at 32. I'm already 45. ~ Vivien Leigh
45 quotes by Vivien Leigh
The honourable life
is like timing. One might not have the talent for it.
Take this guy up ahead who's driven 45 minutes
with his turn signal on through this jurisdiction of few exits,
as if the hope of a left is all he's got now
in his one chance on this earth. ~ Karen Solie
45 quotes by Karen Solie
Age is just a number. If someone can perform at 45, who will stop that fellow from playing top-level cricket? ~ Harbhajan Singh
45 quotes by Harbhajan Singh
Despite its convict history, the Australian state of Tasmania is no longer associated only with austerity and privation. Nowadays it's a sybarite's nirvana surrounded by some of the most untouched nature on the planet. "Mainland Tassie," as the Tasmanians who live on the outer islands call it, covers 35,000 square miles, and 45% of that is preserved in bio-reserves, national parks or World Heritage sites. On the other 55%, there are just 515,000 people. ~ Anonymous
45 quotes by Anonymous
42. What is the name of her first EP? Title 43. When was her first EP released? September 9, 2014 44. What was she nominated for at the 2014 American Music Awards? New Artist of the Year 45. What was she nominated for at the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards? Best Song with a Social Message 46. What was she nominated for at the 2014 NewNowNext Awards? Best New Female Musician 47. What was she nominated for at the 2014 Capricho Awards? Revelation International 48. What was she nominated for at the 2015 People's Choice Awards? Favorite Breakout Artist and Favorite Song 49. What was she nominated for at the 2015 Grammy Awards? Record of the Year and Song of the Year 50. Which albums of hers are self-released? I'll Sing with You and Only 17 ~ Nancy Smith
45 quotes by Nancy Smith
Parenting changes your life, it changes how you hear yourself in relationship to others - which is part of the reason that a bunch of people in the rock community are sick of the goodwill and positive energy and love between these 45-year-old musicians who they preferred when they were 25 and taking stabs at each other. ~ Lars Ulrich
45 quotes by Lars Ulrich
Let's be healthy big people. Everybody can't be a size 0 or 45, but let's be healthy. ~ Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson
45 quotes by Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson
I'm not an early bird at all. Ideally, on Saturday morning I'd allow myself a lovely lie-in. 10:45 would be just right. ~ Shilpa Shetty
45 quotes by Shilpa Shetty
About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared. ~ Deke Slayton
45 quotes by Deke Slayton
You sold a story last week," said Pettit, "about a gun fight in an Arizona mining town in which the hero drew his Colt's .45 and shot seven bandits as fast as they came in the door. Now, if a six-shooter could - "
"Oh, well," said I, "that's different. Arizona is a long way from New York. I could have a man stabbed with a lariat or chased by a pair of chaparreras if I wanted to, and it wouldn't be noticed until the usual error-sharp from around McAdams Junction isolates the erratum and writes in to the papers about it." (from "The Plutonian Fire") ~ O. Henry
45 quotes by O. Henry
Unfortunately, as much as I am gullible, I also hate lying. I tend to tell the truth a lot ... lying just isn't worth it. But I think I'm guilty of telling people that I'm 5 minutes away when really I'm about 45 or an hour away. ~ Monica Raymund
45 quotes by Monica Raymund
I go to church strapped with a 45 glock. ~ Master P
45 quotes by Master P
Imagine sitting down to an eight ounce steak, and then, imagine the room filled wit 45 to 50 people with empty bowls ... For the feed cost of your steak, each of their bowls could be filled with a cup pf cooked cereal grains. ~ Frances Moore Lappe
45 quotes by Frances Moore Lappe
I row for about 40-45 minutes every morning and put in my iPod and it's a huge range. That's when I listen to either things that I just love and know very well and just want to pay attention, it's also where I listen to things that are new that I want to get to know. ~ Tod Machover
45 quotes by Tod Machover
The center console rattled when it hinged open, and after futilely pawing around for a bottle of
aspirin, Steele settled on the FN Five-seven instead.

Most of the time Steele carried a modified Colt 1911. The .45 was an old gun, and the only thing his father left at the house
before he disappeared. It was Steele's most cherished possession, but not the right weapon for what he had planned ~ Sean Parnell
45 quotes by Sean  Parnell
Between 45 and 75 per cent of worldwide carbon emissions are controlled by or attributed to urban areas.7, ~ Stephen R.J. Sheppard
45 quotes by Stephen R.J. Sheppard
They told me I wouldn't make 25. Then it was 35, then 45. These were my doctors speaking - they're all dead now. ~ George Best
45 quotes by George Best
Why are so many Christians quick to quote Paul: The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat (2 Thessalonians 3:10), but slow to quote Jesus: Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me (Matthew 25:45)? ~ Timothy Irwin
45 quotes by Timothy Irwin
Bringing all 45 members of my crazy family together, and watching them argue is super awesome. It's good to do it just once a year. ~ Milla Jovovich
45 quotes by Milla Jovovich
Besides Scream, I liked The Purge. It stuck with me because it reminds me of boxing - you have 45 minutes to punch someone legally without consequence. ~ Danny Garcia
45 quotes by Danny Garcia
What would you do, sir, if terrorists were killing 45,000 people every year in this country? Well, the current health care system, the insurance companies, and those who support them are doing just that ... Because they die individually of disease and not disaster, [radio host] Neal Boortz and those who ape him in office and out, approve their deaths, all 45,000 of them - a year - in America. Remind me again, who are the terrorists? ~ Keith Olbermann
45 quotes by Keith Olbermann
So, I took my 13 year-old niece Sungazing last night.
I'm finding that most people are really receptive to it!
I explain the whole thing about the Sun's energy entering to heal and grow you like it does a tree.
Even though I'm doing 5-6 mins, I make sure that everyone only does 15-20 secs to start, and at Sunset only.
If the clouds come in at Sunset, you might be out of luck.
In that case, still do your 45-min barefoot walk during bright Sun hours.
The Sun soaks in through your Crown and Third-Eye Chakras and your eyes, then travels down through you into the Earth.
That helps with the grounding, as does the barefoot walking.
My feet are really sore though, some of the paths are pebbly or rocky, but the feet are getting tougher.
Did you know that each of our toes relates directly to the 5 major glands in our bodies?
It's true, look into acupressure/puncture for the details. ~ Sienna McQuillen
45 quotes by Sienna McQuillen
All I knew about shot putting was that my brother could do 44 feet ... I decided I wanted to beat him ... So I got a shot and went to work and made up my mind to do 45 feet. ~ Bruce Bennett
45 quotes by Bruce Bennett
Spending by government currently amounts to about 45 percent of national income. By that test, government owns 45 percent of the means of production that produce the national income. The U.S. is now 45 percent socialist. ~ Milton Friedman
45 quotes by Milton Friedman
The IT bubble is the IT bubble, and of course, we became a company that contracted dramatically in 2001 and 2002: we basically came down by 45,000 people - a dramatic ramp-down. ~ Hans Vestberg
45 quotes by Hans Vestberg
The farm is one field to the east of the railroad track that used to connect New Orleans with Chicago. The track runs beside Highway 45, an old U.S. route that unites Chicago with Mobile, Alabama. ~ Bobbie Ann Mason
45 quotes by Bobbie Ann Mason
That's when he lifted up a black pistol. I later learned it was a Colt .45. Some of the girls screamed. Moniba tells me I squeezed her hand. ~ Malala Yousafzai
45 quotes by Malala Yousafzai
Catharsis isn't art. You can't rely on catharsis to get a laugh. Because guess what? People do laugh when something's shocking, but that is, to me, the absolute fakest of laughs. That's not something that sustains a television series, or a movie, or even 45 minutes of a stand-up set at Carolines. ~ Mindy Kaling
45 quotes by Mindy Kaling
You know, the sound of a 45 rpm record being played at 33 rpm. But as soon as I remembered that this is a CD and not vinyl, I could only marvel at the fact that these guys are so gol-darned HEAVY [author's emphasis]."25 In an interview with the now-defunct influential extreme hardcore band Lärm, a band member recalls an incident in which the band's definition of music collided with a sound engineer's more mainstream ditto: "The sound check of our first concert ever was funny, the PA guy kept asking us when we were actually going to play a song…we already played three, we said.He shut down the PA and left… ~ Christopher J. Washburne
45 quotes by Christopher J. Washburne
But the single most remarkable and defining moment of the past 500 years came at 05:29:45 on 16 July 1945. At that precise second, American scientists detonated the first atomic bomb at Alamogordo, New Mexico. From that point onward, humankind had the capability not only to change the course of history, but to end it. The ~ Yuval Noah Harari
45 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
Ten Things To Do In January:

•Read a good book
•Get a Library Card
•Walk 30 minutes a day
•Send a Birthday card to a friend
•Invest in a Fitness Tracker
•Buy a Coin jar and save those quarters and nickels
•Donate to a Charity
•Volunteer 45 minutes of your time to an Organization
•Take a Yoga Class
•Volunteer at Bingo night a Nursing Home ~ Charmaine J. Forde
45 quotes by Charmaine J. Forde
One survey of American newspapers found that the number of articles written by papers' own writers increased from 25 percent to 45 percent between the 1820s and 1850s. ~ Tom Standage
45 quotes by Tom Standage
If I'm watching my son play soccer, that's what I'm doing. If I'm going to a school concert, that's what I'm doing. I turn the phone off. I actively tune into whatever I'm doing. I walk every evening with one of my sons and for that half an hour, 45 minutes, that's what I'm doing. ~ Gail Kelly
45 quotes by Gail Kelly
The operations of the federal government will be most extensive and important in times of war and danger; those of the State governments, in times of peace and security. ~ James Madison
45 quotes by James Madison
Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44"Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45"Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. ~ Anonymous
45 quotes by Anonymous
I'm Italian; I take my time. We're not really fast. We're very slow. I had my first child at 40, my second child at 45, James Bond at 50. I'm so curious as to what's next! ~ Monica Bellucci
45 quotes by Monica Bellucci
A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.' ~ Clint Smith
45 quotes by Clint Smith
The net worth of the 358 richest people in the world was then found to be 'equal to the combined income of the poorest 45 per cent of the worlds population - 2.3 billion people. ~ David Harvey
45 quotes by David Harvey
One of my biggest personal holdings is Rotana. That company has a very dominant force in the Middle East. It has around 45% of all the movie industry and around 75% of all the music. ~ Al-Waleed Bin Talal
45 quotes by Al-Waleed Bin Talal
John saw only the linen cloths. He, Peter, also saw the linen cloths because we [Gentiles] do not reject the Old Testament, for as Luke says, "Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures" (Lk 24:45). But in addition Peter saw the napkin which had been on his head: "The head of Christ is God" (1 Cor 11:3). Thus to see the napkin which had been on the head of Jesus is to have faith in the divinity of Christ, which the Jews refused to accept. This napkin is described as not lying with the linen cloths, and rolled up, having a place by itself, because the divinity of Christ is covered over, and it is apart from every creature because of its excellence: "God who is over all be blessed for ever" (Rom 9:5); "Truly, you art a God who hides yourself" (Is 45:15). ~ Thomas Aquinas
45 quotes by Thomas Aquinas
A young man's ambition is to get along in the world and make a place for himself-half your life goes that way, till you're 45 or 50. Then, if you're lucky, you make terms with life, you get released. ~ Robert Penn Warren
45 quotes by Robert Penn Warren
I think the worst thing that could have happened to me would have been having a hit at 20. I don't know what that would have done to me. But instead, I had to scrape a living for years. And my first show, which opened in 1969, lost over £45,000, an absolute fortune then. ~ Cameron Mackintosh
45 quotes by Cameron Mackintosh
When I was growing up in the early '70s and really getting into music, waiting outside the record store for that 45, waiting for a single from The Dead, The Clash, David Bowie, or T-Rex or something to be there. There was something about that that was so special. ~ Dave Gahan
45 quotes by Dave Gahan
At 5.45 a.m. the important scientists finished their coffee and played rock paper scissors to see who had to phone the government. ~ Mitch Benn
45 quotes by Mitch Benn
The Iraqi military are able to deploy these weapons within 45 minutes of a decision to do so. ~ John Scarlett
45 quotes by John Scarlett
I had now made about 45 pictures, but what had I become? I knew all too well: a phallic symbol. All over the world I was, as a name and personality, equated with sex. ~ Errol Flynn
45 quotes by Errol Flynn
In 15 years, we've raised $225 million, sequenced the myeloma genome, and opened 45 trials of 23 drugs - six approved by the FDA - which have doubled the life span of multiple myeloma patients. I've taken both Velcade and Revlimid, which we helped develop. ~ Kathy Giusti
45 quotes by Kathy Giusti
Steer clear of pot. It's an ambition zapper. Wait till you've made it. When you're 45 buy a bong. But for now, buy a suit. ~ Greg Gutfeld
45 quotes by Greg Gutfeld
My greatest pleasure is going out on a horrible, cold, wet January morning to pick the vegetables for our Sunday lunch, putting them in a muddy pile on the table, and then spending 45 minutes washing and preparing them. I like doing it because it's so different to what I do in the week. The same holds for cleaning the car or shining my shoes. ~ Peter Hargreaves
45 quotes by Peter Hargreaves
Miss Pringle was not much larger than the handheld personal assistants of his own age, and usually lived, like the Old West's Colt 45, in a quick-draw holster at his waist. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
45 quotes by Arthur C. Clarke
Mathematicians need to understand a problem only for themselves; math teachers need both to know the math and to know how 30 different minds might understand (or misunderstand) it. Then they need to take each mind from not getting it to mastery. And they need to do this in 45 minutes or less. ~ Elizabeth Green
45 quotes by Elizabeth Green
26 Quotes «
» Answers Quotes