24 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 24.

Quotes About 24

Enjoy collection of 100 24 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 24. Righ click to see and save pictures of 24 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

MURRY: Why do we even celebrate the New Year? It's just this arbitrary quirk of how we measure time in years, right? Midnight tonight is the very same transition from day to day that we do every 24 hours. But this thing in my hands, it feels real in a way the numbered calendar box never does. Why? What makes midnight tonight any different? ~ Hillary DePiano
24 quotes by Hillary DePiano
The Sinai covenant itself, then, is a law-covenant. The land is given to Israel, but for the purpose of fulfilling its covenantal vocation. Remaining in the land is there fore conditional on Israel's personal performance of the stipulations that people swore at Sinai ... The ultimate promise of a worldwide family of Abraham
sinners justified and glorified in a renewed creation
is unconditional in its basis, while the continuing existence of the national theocracy as a type of that everlasting covenant depended on Israel's obedience ... The Decalogue and Joshua 24 fit this suzerainty pattern, but as Mendenhall observe, "it can readily be seen that the covenant with Abraham (and Noah) is of completely different form." P.15 ~ Michael S. Horton
24 quotes by Michael S. Horton
One day I am at home, watching dramatic images of Iraqi Yazidis fleeing for their lives being aired nonstop on 24-hour news channels. Days later, I am there, staring at tens of thousands of displaced Iraqis and feeling a 35-millimeter frame cannot capture the scope of devastation and heartbreak before me. ~ Lynsey Addario
24 quotes by Lynsey Addario
Bodybuilding has been the tool that single-handedly taught a little black boy from the projects to use his mind to achieve success. it taught me to see things for what they can be. I had 17-inch arms; I imagined them to be 24 inches. The power of my mind allowed me to achieve what I imagined. ~ Kai Greene
24 quotes by Kai Greene
You Can See Russia From America!

There are two small Islands in the middle of the Bering Straits that are 2.4 miles apart, and have the "International Date Line" running between them. The larger Island to the west is Russian and is named Ratmanov Island. It is considered the last island in the far eastern reach of Asia.

Little Diomede Island or Ignaluk Island, belongs to Alaska and is the easternmost of the two islands. It is as far west as you can go before reaching the "International Date Line." Although the two islands are within easy sight of each other they are 24 hours apart, with one being in tomorrow and the other being in today. There are approximately 170, mostly Native Americans, living on the smaller American island.

During winter, an ice bridge usually spans the distance between these two islands, therefore there are times when it is possible to walk between the United States and Russia. This little stroll can be dangerous and is not advised; however at this location you can definitely see Russia from America. ~ Hank Bracker
24 quotes by Hank Bracker
Regeneration took place in our spirit, not in our physical body or in our mind. This means the Triune God is now in our spirit (Eph. 4:6; 2 Cor. 13:5; Rom. 8:9). What a treasure we have within (2 Cor. 4:7)! The Triune God has come into our spirit to stay (John 4:24; 2 Tim. 4:22; Rom. 8:16). Here in our spirit is where the unsearchable riches of Christ are. ~ Witness Lee
24 quotes by Witness Lee
But when you say, "I am beautiful," not only does beauty, youth, and freshness start coming your way, but on the inside your spirit also comes alive. Your self-image begins to improve, and you'll start carrying yourself like you're someone special. You won't drag through the day feeling less than or inferior. You'll have that spring in your step, that "You go, girl!" attitude. Beauty is not in how thin or tall you are, how perfect you look. Beauty is in being who God made you to be with confidence. If you're a size 4, great. If you're a size 24, great. Take what you have and make the most of it. ~ Joel Osteen
24 quotes by Joel Osteen
Your life purpose is not just one thing, nor just what you love to do, nor a role, nor a legacy you leave. Your life purpose is who you are 24/7. ~ Diana Dentinger
24 quotes by Diana Dentinger
The BBC, during its 24 hours on the air, plays a very wide range of stuff. And it's not commercial. ~ Robin Trower
24 quotes by Robin Trower
It might come as a surprise, but the Bible also addresses the importance of corporate responsibility. The Old Testament "law of gleaning" speaks loud and clear about this. Leviticus 19: 9-10 (NIV) summarizes this important social justice law which is also restated in Deuteronomy 24: "'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the LORD your God." This law from God Himself, commanded landowners, business owners in our language today, to leave some of their potential profits for immigrants and the poor. ~ Robert Chao Romero
24 quotes by Robert Chao Romero
Dr. Ben Carson has the most moving personal narrative in modern presidential politics. His mother, one of 24 children, had only a third-grade education. She was married at age 13, bore Ben and his brother, and then raised the boys as an impoverished single mother in Detroit. As a young boy, Carson was a terrible student. ~ Nicholas Kristof
24 quotes by Nicholas Kristof
If your name is Alex Andrew Aaron, and you are a straight-A student, is it because your initials are AAA, because your first middle, and last names are all first names, or because a business named after your initials offers 24-hour roadside assistance? Most likely the answer is none of the above, and in all likelihood you are a cheat and a fraud. Your last name couldn't possibly be Aaron, because I don't believe you have a last name. And not only do you not have a last name, but I seriously doubt whether you even exist. ~ Jarod Kintz
24 quotes by Jarod Kintz
You can't live on planet rock star 24/7; you have to be down and dirty and have some fun. ~ Billie Joe Armstrong
24 quotes by Billie Joe Armstrong
If I hold on to choices of any kind, just because they are my choice; if I give any room to my private likes and dislikes, then I know nothing of Calvary love. Then Jesus said unto his disciples, If anyone will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me (Matthew 16:24). Please take all of me, Lord, that I may be wholly yours. Help me to hold loosely those things, even those blessings, that I have here, that I may be available for service to you at any time. ~ Amy Carmichael
24 quotes by Amy Carmichael
Don't just try to "make it" through the day. Celebrate the day. Say, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" (see Psalm 118:24). Don't dread the day; attack the day. Know what you want to accomplish today and go for it. ~ Joyce Meyer
24 quotes by Joyce Meyer
One of the middle ones in the flock, I was born on July 24, 1857, in the small Jutland town of Fredericia. In 1863, my father was transferred to Randers, another Jutland town, where a year later, at the age of six, I experienced the invasion of the allied Prussian and Austrian armies. ~ Henrik Pontoppidan
24 quotes by Henrik Pontoppidan
I didn't get the impression that the policeman cared much about the whole thing either. After another thirty minutes of ruthless interrogation ('Can you ve'fy you eat banan' pancake?') he let me go asking me not to leave Khao San within 24 hours ~ Alex Garland
24 quotes by Alex Garland
I think time management as a label encourages people to view each 24-hour period as a slot in which they should pack as much as possible. ~ Tim Ferriss
24 quotes by Tim Ferriss
At 1.24 am on 26 April 1986 Chernobyl's Unit 4 reactor exploded after staff disabled safety systems and performed an ill-advised experiment to check – ironically enough – the reactor's safety. ~ Mark Lynas
24 quotes by Mark Lynas
I want to say that probably 24 hours after I told CBS that I was stepping down at my 65th birthday, I was already regretting it. And I regretted it every day since. ~ Walter Cronkite
24 quotes by Walter Cronkite
Imagine, 24 pages of superhero adventures produced by the same writer and artist every month!! How did they do it? (What? By being professional about it? But that's too much like work!) ~ John Byrne
24 quotes by John Byrne
Maybe they'll start making serialized movies. I watched the first couple seasons of '24' and it's really fun. I bought the DVD and watched it over a month or so and it's great. It's like reading a novel. It has a lot of possibilities that are more difficult to accomplish with a film. ~ Jeremy Sisto
24 quotes by Jeremy Sisto
My guess is that the editor [Cincinnati Post] wanted his own Jeff MacNelly (a Pulitzer winner at 24), and I didn't live up to his expectations. My Cincinnati days were pretty Kafkaesque. ~ Bill Watterson
24 quotes by Bill Watterson
God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.' - John iv. 23, 24. ~ Andrew Murray
24 quotes by Andrew Murray
I lost $4 million of other people's money between the ages of 24 and 26. ~ Nick Woodman
24 quotes by Nick Woodman
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB) ~ Bill Deakin
24 quotes by Bill Deakin
It so happens that the work which is likely to be our most durable monument, and to convey some knowledge of us to the most remote posterity, is a work of bare utility; not a shrine, not a fortress, not a palace, but a bridge. - MONTGOMERY SCHUYLER IN HARPER'S WEEKLY, MAY 24, 1883 ~ David McCullough
24 quotes by David McCullough
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a wise and intuitive counselor available 24/7? You're in luck-you already have one. Your body! Our bodies carry ancient wisdom. We literally live within a temple of intuitive and instinctive wisdom. Sometimes we pay attention and access body wisdom; but unfortunately, the aphorism "Mrs. Smith lived a short distance from her body" is sadly true for many of us. ~ Sue Thoele
24 quotes by Sue Thoele
PRO3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. PRO3:25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. PRO3:26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken. ~ Anonymous
24 quotes by Anonymous
There's no real escape from the work, but in some ways, if you're as obsessive as I am, it's a sweet little thing we've figured out. You bring your work home and you work 24 hours a day, but it's good. ~ Simon Helberg
24 quotes by Simon Helberg
small office space Columbus Ohio ,Virtual Office Space Rental Executive Office Place offers a prestigious Virtual Office Club for business owners and entrepreneurs that require full time office services, but don't necessarily need a full time office. We offer three exclusive business addresses, and phone service that includes a trained receptionist that answers the phone in your business name. We also provide 24 ~ Small Office Space Columbus Ohio
24 quotes by Small Office Space Columbus Ohio
Such was the end of Philip (II, king of Macedonia) ... He had ruled 24 years. He is known to fame as one who with but the slenderest resources to support his claim to a throne won for himself the greatest empire among the Hellenes (Greeks), while the growth of his position was not due so much to his prowess in arms as to his adroitness and cordiality in diplomacy. ~ Diodorus Siculus
24 quotes by Diodorus Siculus
You have to remember one life, one death–this one! To enter fully the day, the hour, the moment whether it appears as life or death, whether we catch it on the inbreath or outbreath, requires only a moment, this moment. And along with it all the mindfulness we can muster, and each stage of our ongoing birth, and the confident joy of our inherent luminosity. (24) ~ Stephen Levine
24 quotes by Stephen Levine
The average American teenager sends or receives 75 text messages a day, though one girl in Sacramento managed to handle an average of 10,000 every 24 hours for a month. ~ Pico Iyer
24 quotes by Pico Iyer
I studied journalism at university, and I started a little bit of work on a woman's magazine called Minx that was aimed at 18- to 24-year-olds. ~ Rhianna Pratchett
24 quotes by Rhianna Pratchett
Well, you can't throw heavy, analytical, thought-provoking songs at people 24/7. It's been my experience over the last 20 years that on a rare occasion, in a live setting, if you can slow people down to listen to two good ballads, then you're doing pretty good. Then throw a tempo at 'em. Then have fun. ~ Ronnie Dunn
24 quotes by Ronnie Dunn
Being organized is not about being company-ready 24/7. It's about being able to find what you need and restore order quickly. ~ Monika Kristofferson
24 quotes by Monika Kristofferson
Satan doesn't want the gospel to be preached in the whole world because he is afraid of what comes after that - the End of the Age. Matthew 24:14 ~ Felix Wantang
24 quotes by Felix Wantang
If there is a main problem in American art today," says critic Tom Piazza, "it is not that we need the new to unshackle us from a suffocating and outmoded tradition. The new is constantly pumped out, by the ton and 24 hours a day, into the esthetic rivers, reservoirs and gullies of our culture, and nobody needs to go looking for it. With all the economic force of corporate profit and advertising behind it, pop culture, with its Billy the Kid ethos, has in fact become the new establishment. In a truly Orwellian irony, the new is the status quo."36 ~ James Bau Graves
24 quotes by James Bau Graves
It's quite a job, so to speak, when you can really be with your child for 21 out of 24 hours. ~ Natalie MacMaster
24 quotes by Natalie MacMaster
24 v Before they call I will answer; w while they are yet speaking I will hear. ~ Anonymous
24 quotes by Anonymous
For every 100 women who earn a bachelors degree, 75 men do so. For every 100 American women who earn a Masters degree, 66 American men do so. For every 100 females, ages 20 to 24, who commit suicide, 624 males do so. For every 100 women, ages 18 to 21, in correctional facilities, 1430 men are so confined. ~ Mitch Pearlstein
24 quotes by Mitch Pearlstein
I was worth about over a million dollars when I was 23 and over ten million dollars when I was 24, and over a hundred million dollars when I was 25 and ... it wasn't that important - because I never did it for the money. ~ Steve Jobs
24 quotes by Steve Jobs
Her fiercest sincerities were translated by the male ego, on arrival, into daffy flirtation. (p. 24) ~ Jonathan Lethem
24 quotes by Jonathan Lethem
One of the things that kept most comics from being monthly was that very few artists could produce 24 pages per month. Jack Kirby was very much the exception to the rule, but his towering presence at Marvel started to dictate the whole shape of the industry - and that's where problems set in! ~ John Byrne
24 quotes by John Byrne
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (October 15, 1844 – August 25, 1900) was a German philosopher. His writing included critiques of religion, morality, contemporary culture, philosophy, and science, using a distinctive style and displaying a fondness for aphorism. Nietzsche's influence remains substantial within and beyond philosophy, notably in existentialism and postmodernism. Nietzsche began his career as a philologist before turning to philosophy. At the age of 24 he became Professor of Classical Philology at the University of Basel, but resigned in 1879 due to health problems, which would plague him for most of his life. In 1889 he exhibited symptoms of a serious mental illness, living out his remaining years in the care of his mother and sister until his death in 1900. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
24 quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
The LORD directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way? PROVERBS 20:24 NLT ~ Joel Osteen
24 quotes by Joel Osteen
The vast majority (over 80 percent) of fast-food and similar low wage service jobs (<$9.24/hr) are held by adults. A quarter are adults over 40. Another quarter are moms raising kids. ~ David Rolf
24 quotes by David Rolf
According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. ~ Zbigniew Brzezinski
24 quotes by Zbigniew Brzezinski
Outlets are turning away from phone polling, which can be problematic. For example, we did a poll for NBC around the Ebola crisis; we provided results in 24 hours. Their traditional phone poll would have taken a week to turn around. We're showing people we can do high-quality work: we've proved that with the work we do with the media. ~ Dave Goldberg
24 quotes by Dave Goldberg
But three cheers for Alaska, they've got 24-hour hot fucking bear delivery.
Note to self: Nuke Alaska. ~ Mykle Hansen
24 quotes by Mykle Hansen
A multiverse hurtling toward an inevitable heat death 100 trillion years in the future. An alien race of religious fanatics bent on absorbing all sentient life. Another alien race fighting back. A world of magicians living in secret. And himself, a contractor, a human Vorid that could absorb his enemies and grow stronger. All in less than 24 hours. And here he was, relaxing on his roof. Maybe video games really did desensitize you to this stuff. Except if he died, he wasn't going to pop back to life. ~ Andrew Ball
24 quotes by Andrew Ball
Justice Harry A. Blackmun, a quirky but pivotal member of the Supreme Court for 24 years, was a hoarder. He seems to have kept everything from his boyhood diaries to college correspondence to every scrap of paper that came his way on the Supreme Court. ~ Cliff Sloan
24 quotes by Cliff Sloan
It is interesting to speculate whether commercial capitalism was thereby smothered in its crib in Egypt, just at a moment when it was beginning to take off in other places such as Italy, the Netherlands, and England.24 On ~ Francis Fukuyama
24 quotes by Francis Fukuyama
L can't manage time.But I can control my 24 hours to be valuable ~ Mohammed Sekouty
24 quotes by Mohammed Sekouty
A PRAYER FOR SUCCESS "Then he prayed, 'O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.'" GENESIS 24:12 HEAVENLY FATHER, I pray for success in all I do. Guide me in everything. Show me where I have proceeded with something without first inquiring of You. Enable me to understand Your measure of success and not try to impose my own. My goal is to serve You, knowing that any success I have will be achieved only by walking perfectly in Your will. Only if success comes from You can it be enjoyed. ~ Stormie O'martian
24 quotes by Stormie O'martian
Babaji : To Be Guided Always To Guide Forever
P.C.M. Hermans
Worldpoet 546
September 24, 2016
Amen
God ~ Petra Hermans
24 quotes by Petra Hermans
As a dispensation, grace begins with the death and resurrection of Christ (Rom. 3:24-26; 4:24,25). The point of testing is no longer legal obedience as the condition of salvation, but acceptance or rejection of Christ, with good works as a fruit of salvation ... ~ C.I. Scofield
24 quotes by C.I. Scofield
24 My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt. ~ Anonymous
24 quotes by Anonymous
【HURRY UP!】UNLIMITED Star Stable HACK! (Free Star Stable Star Coins and Jorvics) Star Stable Free Star Coins and Jorvics HACK EASY Hello, Dear on my site! Yes! Get Free Star Stable Hack Cheats No Human Verification Star Stable Hack and Cheats unlimited Free star coins generator 2018! | Online Resources Generator Unlimited Star Stable Free star coins Hack, Unlimited Star Stable Hacks Glitch Unlimited Free star coins Cheats Glitch Star Stable Hacks Get unlimited Free star coins Generator 2018 Tool Star Stable Hack Get unlimited Free star coins. WORKING Star Stable Free star coins Hack Cheats Tools 2018 No Survey Online Hack.

[[COPY AND PASTE ON BROWSER]] >>>> star.stablehack.xyz

Extra tag:
Star Stable Hack Online Resources Generator
Get Unlimited Star Stable Star Coins and Jorvics.
Gain an advantage within the game.
Regular script updates.
Tested and undetectable.
No download needed.
24/7 online access.
Star Stable Cheats
Cheat Star Stable
Star Stable Game
Hack Star Stable
Star Stable Hack Android
Star Stable Hack Star Stable Star Coins and Jorvics
Star Stable Hack Tool
Star Stable Star Stable Star Coins and Jorvics Hack
Star Stable Hack Online
24 quotes by Star Stable Hack Online
The cameras . . . they're 24/7 or just for interviews and stuff? ~ Jessica Pennington
24 quotes by Jessica Pennington
I had a dream about you. The Thursdays were back, and with them they brought hope. They were selling, and everybody was buying. I tried telling the people they shouldn't buy, because if they just wait 24 hours, the product would be free. What the Thursdays sold was both priceless and worthless, depending on when you acquired it. ~ Jarod Kintz
24 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I took my first creative writing class when I was 24, then went onto to get a graduate degree in poetry. I've sort of never looked back from there. ~ Paula McLain
24 quotes by Paula McLain
Many of us want things to change in our lives. Yet, we spend so much time worrying about circumstances well beyond our control or incessantly thinking about events that have happened well in our past. One very popular activity these days is watching the news, 24/7, almost as entertainment. The reality is though, that most news stories we hear, we have little if any control over. I suggest redirecting out focus. Because, as I see it, the first step to change is spending time on those things you can actually change. ~ Charles F. Glassman
24 quotes by Charles F. Glassman
Research in self-disclosure supports my own experience that the personal openness of the guru facilitates and invites the increased openness of the pilgrim. (24) ~ Sheldon B. Kopp
24 quotes by Sheldon B. Kopp
It's incredibly hard to program a network from scratch for 24 hours. ~ Carson Kressley
24 quotes by Carson Kressley
For students today, only 10 percent of children from working-class families graduate from college by the age of 24 as compared to 58 percent of upper-middle-class and wealthy families. ~ Patrick J. Kennedy
24 quotes by Patrick J. Kennedy
I was born in Rocky Mount, NC. The town of 24,000 proved a great place to spend the first 17 years of life. But, after that, onward, outward. ~ Allan Gurganus
24 quotes by Allan Gurganus
At 24, my head was as shiny as a cue ball on a billiard table. I naturally thought this meant curtains. Actually, I found it helped. When I was too young to play real character parts, they mistook me for older because of the bald noggin. I got juicy roles right from the start. ~ Frank Cady
24 quotes by Frank Cady
I think the hardest thing about writing is writing.
[Interview clip in the In Memoriam section of the 85th Academy Awards ceremony, Feb. 24, 2013] ~ Nora Ephron
24 quotes by Nora Ephron
Well, I got people that help me with the restaurant. I don't have to be at the restaurant 24 hours a day. ~ Mickey Gilley
24 quotes by Mickey Gilley
BTW A 24 week old embryo is not a human being. You're not a human being until you're in my phone book. ~ Bill Hicks
24 quotes by Bill Hicks
The total average cost of driving, including depreciation, maintenance, and insurance, runs about 61 cents a mile, and since the average automobile used for commuting to work contains only 1.1 people, every commute costs a little more than 55 cents per passenger mile. This means that, if you're an automobile commuter traveling twenty-five miles each way to work, you're spending around $30 a day for the privilege, not including the cost, if there is one, to park. You're also spending an hour every day for which, unless you're a cabbie or bus driver yourself, you're not getting paid, and during which you're not doing anything productive at all. For the average American, that's another $24. In transportation, time really is money. ~ Samuel I. Schwartz
24 quotes by Samuel I. Schwartz
And it was then that I knew what it means to be lucky--lucky to have met a person during those three minutes of the day that he's good. Because I have a lot of time on my hands--you can imagine that that adds up. there are 24 hours in a day, and half of that is night. That leaves you with 12. And that's 12 times 60 minutes, that is, 720 minutes minus three minutes of goodness still leaves you with 717 minutes worth of nasty ordinary person. ~ Irmgard Keun
24 quotes by Irmgard Keun
I paused, folding the top corner of the page to keep my place. My dad used to wince every time he saw me do that, but I think books should be loved to pieces. They should be as worn and soft as flannel."
"Chapter 2 Christabel, page 24 ~ Alyxandra Harvey
24 quotes by Alyxandra Harvey
We've come to be consumed by a 24-hour, slash-and-burn, negative ad, bickering, small-minded politics that doesn't move us forward. ~ Barack Obama
24 quotes by Barack Obama
Don't think about what can happen in a month. Don't think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be. ~ Eric Thomas
24 quotes by Eric Thomas
18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping - believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, "That's how many descendants you will have!"* 19 And Abraham's faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead - and so was Sarah's womb. 20 Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. 22 And because of Abraham's faith, God counted him as righteous. 23 And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn't just for Abraham's benefit. It was recorded 24 for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. ~ Anonymous
24 quotes by Anonymous
The men were famous once. Some of them still are. They were the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team and Brooks had brought them together, 24 summers before. He had picked them and provoked them and pushed them, sometimes irritating them and often infuriating them by his hardness and his aloofness, his scathing rebukes and his unrelenting mind games. ~ Wayne Coffey
24 quotes by Wayne Coffey
If you ask me if I think I will be sober in 24 hours time I can say yes, but in two years I can't tell you. I could be dead. ~ Daniel Baldwin
24 quotes by Daniel Baldwin
In 1976 I was working in the Gulf Country around Cape York, in an aboriginal community of about 300 people. The Health Department sent around a team and vaccinated about 100 of them against flu. Six were dead within 24 hours or so and they weren't all old people, one man being in his early twenties. They threw the bodies in trucks to take to the coast where autopsies were done. It appeared they had died from heart attacks. ~ Archie Kalokerinos
24 quotes by Archie Kalokerinos
The one thing with 3D presentations is I think that 3D itself, whether it's 24 or 48, is at a very interesting point in time. ~ Peter Jackson
24 quotes by Peter Jackson
Music is a 24-hour-a-day thing for me. ~ Rick Springfield
24 quotes by Rick Springfield
Cities, Barber notes, "collect garbage and collect art rather than collecting votes or collecting allies. They put up buildings and run buses rather than putting up flags and running political parties. They secure the flow of water rather than the flow of arms. They foster education and culture in place of national defense and patriotism. They promote collaboration, not exceptionalism."24 ~ Michael Shermer
24 quotes by Michael Shermer
I worry about my voice 24/7 when I'm on tour. It's like a pitcher and his arm. It's constantly the thing that my whole life revolves around. ~ Geddy Lee
24 quotes by Geddy Lee
The time was ordinary, 24 seconds, but the victory was historic. From that crowded little red house in Clarksville, out of an extended family of twenty-two kids, from a childhood of illness and leg braces, out of a small historically black college that had no scholarships, from a country where she could be hailed as a heroine and yet denied lunch at a counter, Skeeter had become golden, sweeping the sprints in Rome. ~ David Maraniss
24 quotes by David Maraniss
The development of our minds and our destination in future lives is in our hands. No one else can help us. It is very important that we each take responsibility for ourselves. Sustain mindfulness 24 hours a day. Thank you. That is all. ~ Dalai Lama
24 quotes by Dalai Lama
I sigh. Because love is all around me. And I'm Ms. Lonely.
And then my gaze is moving . . . I don't have to scan the room to find Logan, I know just where he is - it's as if my brain has a 24/7 GPS on him.
But the crazy, awesome, amazing thing that gets my heart pounding so loud it drowns out the sound of the music? When I look at Logan St. James across the room, he's not searching the crowd for threats. He's not looking in front of him, so he's ready for whatever may come.
Instead, when I indulge in my daily Logan stare-fest . . . he's staring right back at me. ~ Emma Chase
24 quotes by Emma Chase
If you are you, 24 hours a day, then you do not have to remember who you are supposed to be in different situations - something that I imagine could be troublesome. ~ Bill Dixon
24 quotes by Bill Dixon
Being a mum makes you more aware of how short life is and how important it is to enjoy every minute because you have less time for yourself. A day doesn't have 24 hours any more - it only lasts 10, or eight. So you learn to get rid of all the parasites. I'm not talking about people, but things that could be toxic for happiness. ~ Ludivine Sagnier
24 quotes by Ludivine Sagnier
Learn from the past, but don't live there. Build on what you know so that you don't repeat mistakes. Resolve to learn something new every day. Because every 24 hours, you have the opportunity to have the best day of your company's life. ~ Harvey MacKay
24 quotes by Harvey MacKay
Literature is the great garden that is always there and is open to everyone 24 hours a day. Who tends it? The old tour guides and sylviculturists, the wardens, the fuming parkies in their sweat-soaked serge: these have died off. If you do see an official, a professional, these days, then he's likely to be a scowl in a labcoat, come to flatten a forest or decapitate a peak. The public wanders, with its oohs and ahs, its groans and jeers, its million opinions. The wanderers feed the animals, they walk on the grass, they step in the flowerbeds. But the garden never suffers. It is, of course, Eden; it is unfallen and needs no care. ~ Martin Amis
24 quotes by Martin Amis
We're going to go right by a couple 24/7s crossing town. Maybe we could stop and get some hot chocolate."
"That stuff they sell in those places is swill."
"Yeah, but it's chocolate swill." Peabody tried a pitiful, pleading look. "You wouldn't let her give us any of the good stuff."
"Maybe you'd like some cookies, too. Or little frosted cakes."
"That would be nice. Thanks for asking."
"That was sarcasm, Peabody."
"Yes, sir. I know. Responded in kind."
The easy laugh had the black cloud lifting. Because it did, Eve pulled over at a cross-street 24/7 and waited while Peabody ran in and loaded up. ~ J.D. Robb
24 quotes by J.D. Robb
At its most basic level, all of this emotional labour is saying to another human being "you matter. I will take my time to show you that you matter." And maintaining that glue is something that devolves mainly onto women, 24 hours a day. It feels like most men are taught (ex- or implicitly) to do emotional work only when it gets them something they want now, whereas most women are taught to do emotional work as part of an ongoing exchange that benefits everyone. ~ Emotional Labor: The MetaFilter Thread Condensed
24 quotes by Emotional Labor: The MetaFilter Thread Condensed
Now at 47, 48 I am expected to do ten times better work that I did when I was 24. ~ Salman Khan
24 quotes by Salman Khan
If you wanted to watch me work, it would be totally boring. It would look like a Warhol film where nothing happens. I sit for 24 hours, then I scratch myself. ~ Robert Irwin
24 quotes by Robert Irwin
The fructose intake of the average American is currently close to 3 ounces (80 grams) a day. Our parents' generation, consuming just honey on their toast, far fewer processed foods, and a normal amount of fruit, took in no more than ½ to 1 ounce (only around 16 to 24 grams) a day. ~ Giulia Enders
24 quotes by Giulia Enders
In a 24/7 news cycle, with all the shrieking, howling voices and rapid-response and instant spinning and Soviet-style disinformation-mongering, a good idea has a shelf life of about, um, six seconds. ~ Christopher Buckley
24 quotes by Christopher Buckley
There are several reasons why fans of BBC's Sherlock are utterly mad, incurably creative, and horny as hell.
First and foremost, they are hungry. Devotees of American TV dramas get twenty-two episodes a year. Fans of most British drams enjoy six, eight, maybe a dozen.
The Sherlock fandom gets three. The Sherlock fandom gets three television episodes every 18-24 months. The Sherlock fandom is deeply, abidingly, and very inventively starving. ~ Anne Jamison
24 quotes by Anne Jamison
There is a price, which you have to pay. You are 24 hours on the job, if you go out in public. ~ Robert Pattinson
24 quotes by Robert Pattinson
238 Quotes «
» 24 7 Quotes