238 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 238.

Quotes About 238

Enjoy collection of 11 238 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 238. Righ click to see and save pictures of 238 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

There would be no need for political power in the Marxist sense of the organized power of one class used to oppress another. Nor, given Marx's idea that communism would come first to the most industrially advanced societies, and would be international in character, would there be any need for the state in the sense of an organization existing to defend the nation against attacks from other nations. Relieved from oppressive conditions that bring their interests into conflict, people would voluntarily co-operate with each other. The political state resting on armed force would become obsolete; its place would be taken by 'an association, in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all' (CM 238). ~ Anonymous
238 quotes by Anonymous
Pg 102 "Maybe you don't have to think about hell because probly nobody you know going to end up there."
pg 238 "Sleep is mercy. You can feel it coming on, like being swept up in something ... You had to trust sleep when it came or it would just leave you there, waiting."
Pg 253 " And if she prayed now, it was really remembering the comfort he put around her, the warmth of his body still in that coat. It was a shock to her, a need she only discovered when it was satisfied, for those few minutes. In those days she had all the needs she could stand already, and here was another one. ~ Marilynne Robinson
238 quotes by Marilynne Robinson
One of my favorite passage/quotes from "Leopard's Blood: "Baby, I know trust is difficult to give, I understand why. I do. You're safe with me. I'm that man for you, the one that will do anything for you." Joshua to Sonia, p. 238 ~ Christine Feehan
238 quotes by Christine Feehan
For Paley, a watch is purposeful and thus must have been created by a being with a purpose. A watch needs a watchmaker, just as a world needs a world-maker - God. Yet both Wallace and Paley might have heeded the lesson from Voltaire's Candide (1759), in which Dr. Pangloss, a professor of "metaphysico-theology-cosmolonigology," through reason, logic, and analogy "proved" that this is the best of all possible worlds: '"Tis demonstrated that things cannot be otherwise; for, since everything is made for an end, everything is necessarily for the best end. Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" (1985, p. 238). The absurdity of this argument was intended on the part of the author, for Voltaire firmly rejected the Panglossian paradigm that all is best in the best of all possible worlds. Nature is not perfectly designed, nor is this the best of all possible worlds. It is simply the world we have, quirky, contingent, and flawed as it may be. ~ Michael Shermer
238 quotes by Michael Shermer
he had never heard Owen D. Young give a direct order to anyone. He always gave suggestions, not orders. Owen D. Young never said, for example, "Do this or do that," or "Don't do this or don't do that." He would say, "You might consider this," or "Do you think that would work?" Frequently he would say, "Maybe if we were to phrase it this way it would be better." He always gave people the opportunity to do things themselves; he never told his assistants to do things; he let them do them, let them learn from their mistakes.
A technique like that makes it easy for a person to correct errors. A technique like that saves a person's pride and gives him or her a felling of importance. It encourages cooperation instead of rebellion. p237-238 ~ Dale Carnegie
238 quotes by Dale Carnegie
Wild Ones Tip #238
It's rare we have feelings. Don't fuck with them when we do. ~ C.M. Owens
238 quotes by C.M. Owens
Why such haste? For a foolish hope? Why did his heart always insist on believing that there was a light in all the darkness? ~ Cornelia Funke
238 quotes by Cornelia Funke
Cities have the capability of providing something for everybody, only because, and only when, they are created by everybody. ~ Jane Jacobs
238 quotes by Jane Jacobs
They embraced in parting. There were tears in the merchant's eyes:
"I do not like parting."
"Life consists of partings," said Arseny. "But you can rejoice more fully in companionship when you remember that."
"But I would (the merchant Vladislav blew his nose) gather up all the good people I've met and never let them go."
"I think then they would quickly become mean," smiled Ambrogio. (p. 238) ~ Evgenij Vodolazkin
238 quotes by Evgenij Vodolazkin
The crack in your heart allows light in. ~ GOOD FORTUNE page 238 ~ Leslie Bratspis
238 quotes by Leslie Bratspis
Fermi started to calculate on his own, saying nothing, and in a direct, simple way found the essential point. The ability of a centrifuge to separate U-235 from U-238 was proportional to its length and to the fourth power of the peripheral speed of its rotor. Karl ~ Gregory Benford
238 quotes by Gregory Benford
Homesick Quotes «
» 24 Quotes