168 Hours Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 168 Hours.

Quotes About 168 Hours

Enjoy collection of 52 168 Hours quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 168 Hours. Righ click to see and save pictures of 168 Hours quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

It is on my mind every hour of every day that I have 168 hours this week to improve my life. It is really up to me to be a good steward of this time to accomplish my goals and change my life this week. ~ Bob Cox
168 Hours quotes by Bob Cox
Successful people know that hours, like capital, can be consciously allocated with the goal of creating riches - in the form of a changed world, a life's work - over time. Indeed, successful people understand that work hours must be more carefully stewarded than capital because time is absolutely limited. You can earn more money, but the mightiest among us is granted no more than 168 hours per week, and it is physically impossible to work for all of them. ~ Laura Vanderkam
168 Hours quotes by Laura Vanderkam
As we know, the week has 168 hours. People spend on average only one hour at church on Sunday morning. What about the other 167 hours spent primarily at work, at home, and at play in a world quite intolerant of Christians, embracing other truths but opposing the truth of the Bible, enamored with narratives but rejecting the narrative of Jesus? What type of church prepares for that type of world? A Church for Monday! ~ Svetlana Papazov
168 Hours quotes by Svetlana Papazov
In 168 hours, there is plenty of space to nurture yourself alongside your career and your relationships. ~ Laura Vanderkam
you can choose how to spend your 168 hours, and you have more time than you think. ~ Laura Vanderkam
Reserve some hours daily to examine yourself and fortune; for if you embark yourself in perpetual conversation or recreation, you will certainly shipwreck your mind and fortune. ~ Anne Of Austria
168 Hours quotes by Anne Of Austria
Sometimes I wish I never had to sleep. Sometimes I think that if I stay very, very still, if I never move at all, things will change. I think if I freeze myself I can freeze the pain. Sometimes I won't move for hours. I will not move an inch. If time stands still nothing can go wrong. ~ Tahereh Mafi
168 Hours quotes by Tahereh Mafi
At some point I go back on the sand to get my sand legs. Because it takes a good month for my legs to catch up with everything, with the displacement and all that stuff. So right now we're training on the beach six days a week for practice, and that's generally about two and a half hours. And then I'm doing pilates three times a week, ~ Kerri Walsh
168 Hours quotes by Kerri Walsh
I'm a very competitive person, and I always competed with myself. Every year, I'd take six weeks with my band, crew and choreographer to put a new show together. We'd spend eight hours per day, seven days per week putting a show together to beat the last year's show. ~ Barbara Mandrell
168 Hours quotes by Barbara Mandrell
Not every story in history has a beginning, a middle and an end, but the wreck of the Titanic does. It begins when they leave, in the middle it hits an iceberg, and in the final two hours, the ship sinks. ~ Maury Yeston
168 Hours quotes by Maury Yeston
But the central branch of the Enoch Pratt Free Library was still a place of wonders to Tess, even if the book budget had been slashed and the hours cut. Her parents had made a lot of mistakes, a fact Tess compulsively shared on first dates, but she gave them credit for doing one thing right: Starting when she was eight, they gave her a library card and dropped her off at the downtown Pratt every Saturday while they shopped. Twenty-one years later, Tess still entered through the children's entrance on the side, pausing to toss a penny in the algae-coated fish pond, then climbing the stairs to the main hall. If she could be married here, she would. ~ Laura Lippman
168 Hours quotes by Laura Lippman
The attraction of reading is that it allows you to live, for a few hours, as someone else - grants you access to their head, their thoughts, their secrets. ~ Alessandra Torre
168 Hours quotes by Alessandra Torre
The silicon microchips themselves might be cheap (relative to times past, anyway), but CPU cycles are not cheap. Every CPU cycle consumes clock time. Clock time is latency. A wasteful application makes its users wait longer than they need to, and if there's anything users hate, it's waiting. For web systems, latency in the application has a dual effect. The added processing directly increases the burden on the application servers themselves. Suppose that an application takes just 250 milliseconds of extra processing per transaction. If the system processes a million transactions a day, that extra 250 milliseconds per transaction makes for an extra 69.4 hours of compute time every day. Assuming an 80% load factor on each server, you'll need four additional servers to handle this load. ~ Michael T. Nygard
168 Hours quotes by Michael T. Nygard
it occurred to me that Heaven must be a place where the library is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. ~ Alan Bradley
168 Hours quotes by Alan Bradley
The hours I would spend in the prison visiting room were among the most comforting of my life. They sped by, the only occasion at the Camp in which time seemed to move quickly. I could completely forget about the human stew that lay on the other side of the visiting room doors, and I carried that feeling with me for many hours after each visit was over. ~ Piper Kerman
168 Hours quotes by Piper Kerman
When I was a kid, I wanted desperately to be a jazz musician. I would practice the trumpet for hours, but when I got braces, that messed up my ability to play, so all of a sudden I had all this free time. ~ Zach Woods
168 Hours quotes by Zach Woods
Now is the operative word. Everything you put in your way is just a method of putting off the hour when you could actually be doing your dream. ~ Barbara Sher
168 Hours quotes by Barbara Sher
To fill the hour - that is happiness, to fill the hour and leave no crevice for a repentance or an approval. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
168 Hours quotes by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Others, tiring of the sound of Buxtehude and Bach for hours on end, would complain there was no tune. That was exactly the thing he liked best about a fugue, the fact that it could not be sung. A fugue was not singular, as a melody was, but plural. It was a conversation. ~ Kate Grenville
168 Hours quotes by Kate Grenville
Live blindly and upon the hour. The Lord,

Who was the Future, died full long ago.

Knowledge which is the Past is folly. Go,

Poor, child, and be not to thyself abhorred.

Around thine earth sun-winged winds do blow

And planets roll; a meteor draws his sword;

The rainbow breaks his seven-coloured chord

And the long strips of river-silver flow:

Awake! Give thyself to the lovely hours.

Drinking their lips, catch thou the dream in flight

About their fragile hairs' aerial gold.

Thou art divine, thou livest, - as of old

Apollo springing naked to the light,

And all his island shivered into flowers. ~ Trumbull Stickney
168 Hours quotes by Trumbull Stickney
Had he liked her all along? Was she the girl he saw every day and was I the girl who fed him and showered him with kisses once a week? It occurred to me that maybe all the time he omitted in our stolen conversations wasn't simply long, boring hours of inventory. I was too angry to cry. ~ Kiera Cass
168 Hours quotes by Kiera Cass
Who never ate his bread in sorrow, Who never spent the darksome hours Weeping, and watching for the morrow,- He knows you not, ye heavenly Powers. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
168 Hours quotes by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Melissa Hopkins wanted more than anything to be home in her warm bed, securely tucked under her thick down comforter. For several hours now, she'd been sitting in a small windowless room at the local police headquarters, being interrogated by the same two cops non-stop. It made her head ache, although she supposed the drinks she'd had earlier could be a contributor to that as well. ~ Pamela M. Kelley
168 Hours quotes by Pamela M. Kelley
We would talk about chemistry for hours at end, for I liked complex benzene rings with methyl groups hanging here and there, and she liked the thirty-something teacher who taught us the subject. Little did I know that we wouldn't last long. For, I was like an inert gas, unlikeable and uninteractive, while she was like an alkali, combustible and excitable. ~ Durjoy Datta
168 Hours quotes by Durjoy Datta
Note the individual and subjective nature of each case. No two are alike and there is no reason to expect them to be. Each man or woman must find for himself or herself that occupation in which hard work and long hours make him or her happy. Contrariwise, if you are looking for shorter hours and longer vacations and early retirement, you are in the wrong job. Perhaps you need to take up bank robbing. Or geeking in a sideshow. Or even politics. ~ Robert A. Heinlein
168 Hours quotes by Robert A. Heinlein
No, solitude did not trouble her. She could spend long minutes gazing out the window, hours listening to the BBC on the public radio station. She relished the very texture of her privacy, its depth of space and freedom, much of an entire day hers alone. ~ Daphne Kalotay
168 Hours quotes by Daphne Kalotay
I find it very difficult to say no when I'm in Ireland. You do end up going around doing lots of events and things and not getting work done, and it's not just a question of having hours at the desk. ~ Kate Thompson
168 Hours quotes by Kate Thompson
If you write a half hour a day it makes a lot of writing year by year. ~ Gertrude Stein
168 Hours quotes by Gertrude Stein
Saturday night in Toledo Ohio, Is like being nowhere at all, All through the day how the hours rush by, You sit in the park and you watch the grass die. ~ John Denver
168 Hours quotes by John Denver
It's an unfortunate word, 'depression', because the illness has nothing to do with feeling sad, sadness is on the human palette. Depression is a whole other beast. It's when your old personality has left town and been replaced by a block of cement with black tar oozing through your veins and mind. This is when you can't decide whether to get a manicure or jump off a cliff. It's all the same. When I was institutionalised I sat on a chair unable to move for three months, frozen in fear. To take a shower was inconceivable. What made it tolerable was while I was inside, I found my tribe - my people. They understood and unlike those who don't suffer, never get bored of you asking if it will ever go away? They can talk medication all hours, day and night; heaven to my ears. ~ Ruby Wax
168 Hours quotes by Ruby Wax
Growing maturity is marked by the increasing liberties we take with our travelling ... we made the discovery (some people never make it) that real books can be taken on a journey and that hours of golden reading can so be added to its other delights. ~ C.S. Lewis
168 Hours quotes by C.S. Lewis
Sometimes when I'm at my desk, I'll realize that I have contorted myself completely, and I haven't moved for hours, and that my legs have fallen asleep. I am elsewhere, not in my body, not in the room, not in my house. ~ Dani Shapiro
168 Hours quotes by Dani Shapiro
I watched Anderson Cooper 360 for a year before I realized that the second hour was a repeat of the first. I just thought his reporting seemed familiar. ~ Andy Kindler
168 Hours quotes by Andy Kindler
I think that's it's really important to have good friends. Nowadays, you can text 24 hours a day and be in constant contact, but every once in a while, it's nice to just get out with your girlfriends and have fun. ~ Amanda Schull
168 Hours quotes by Amanda Schull
From his first hours as pope, Francis has re-enacted or spoken of the great pastoral transformation of Vatican II as his own agenda. ~ Eugene Kennedy
168 Hours quotes by Eugene Kennedy
Bare hands grip success better than kid gloves. Be thorough in all things, no matter how small or distasteful! The man who counts his hours and kicks about his salary is a self-elected failure. ~ Charles M. Schwab
168 Hours quotes by Charles M. Schwab
A lot of the TV shows, they do long hours, and they do a lot of days, and you don't get a lot of time. But the good thing is, if you get one that's made in L.A., or made in a place you want to be, you get to go home every night. ~ Jason Statham
168 Hours quotes by Jason Statham
failed to yield to hooded figures, resulting in mandatory citywide ennui for hours. ~ Joseph Fink
168 Hours quotes by Joseph Fink
Only in the camp less than twenty four hours and I was wrapped in an almost romance and a web of deceit. Lovely. ~ Lila Felix
168 Hours quotes by Lila Felix
I am in the U.K. for inspiration because I'm doing a follow on series to 'The Infernal Devices,' called 'The Last Hours.' It's a re-telling of 'Great Expectations' with 'Shadowhunters' ... because why not! It's set in 1903, so I'm doing a lot of locational research. ~ Cassandra Clare
168 Hours quotes by Cassandra Clare
After three hours, I come back to the waiting room. It is a cosmetic surgery office, so a little like a hotel lobby, underheated and expensively decorated, with candy in little dishes, emerald-green plush chairs, and upscale fashion magazines artfully displayed against the wall.
A young woman comes in, frantic to get a pimple "zapped" before she sees her family over the holidays. An older woman comes in with her daughter for a follow-up visit to a face-lift. She is wearing a scarf and dark glasses. The nurse examines her bruises right out in the waiting room.
And you are in the operating room having your body and your gender legally altered. I feel like laughing, but I know it makes me sound like a lunatic. ~ Joan Nestle
168 Hours quotes by Joan Nestle
As long as I'm an hour away from a major airport, I can get to that job. ~ Michael Moriarty
168 Hours quotes by Michael Moriarty
I look for you my curl of sleep
my breathing wave on the night shore
my star in the fog of morning
I think you can always find me
I call to you under my breath
I whisper to you through the hours
all your names my ear of shadow
I think you can always hear me
I wait for you my promised day
my time again my homecoming
my being where you wait for me
I think always of you waiting ~ W.S. Merwin
168 Hours quotes by W.S. Merwin
The sensation reminds him of the first snow of winter, for those first few hours when everything is blanketed in white, soft and quiet. ~ Erin Morgenstern
168 Hours quotes by Erin Morgenstern
Say, care-worn man, Whom Duty chains within the city walls, Amid the toiling crowd, how grateful plays The fresh wind o'er thy sickly brow, when free To tread the springy turf, - to hear the trees Communing with the gales, - to catch the voice Of waters, gushing from their rocky womb, And singing as they wander ... Spring-hours will come again, and feelings rise With dewy freshness o'er thy wither'd heart. ~ Robert Montgomery
168 Hours quotes by Robert Montgomery
My character on 'The Good Wife' is a smaller character, and his story arcs are typically season-long, unless it's a big episode for him. His transitions take place over many, many hours. ~ Graham Phillips
168 Hours quotes by Graham Phillips
I don't watch television, but I saw 'The Office' by accident. I thought it was so sophisticated, the Victorian love story, and so bold. We'd do anything, all of us, to not work in that environment, and then I'm sitting there watching hours of it. ~ Val Kilmer
168 Hours quotes by Val Kilmer
Key Rabbit, allow me to bore you with a comparison of your wife and a beautiful woman," I said. "In the morning a beauty must lie in bed for three or four hours gathering strength for another mighty battle with Nature. Then, after being bathed and toweled by her maids, she loosens her hair in the Cascade of Teasing Willows Style, paints her eyebrows in the Distant Mountain Range Style, anoints herself with the Nine Bends of the River Diving-water Perfume, applies rouge, mascara, and eye shadow, and covers the whole works with a good two inches of the Powder of the Nonchalant Approach. Then she dresses in a plum-blossom patterned tunic with matching skirt and stockings, adds four or five pounds of jewelry, looks in the mirror for any visible sign of humanity and is relieved to find none, checks her makeup to be sure that it has hardened into an immovable mask, sprinkles herself with the Hundred Ingredients Perfume of the Heavenly Spirits who Descended in the Rain Shower, and minces with tiny steps toward the new day. Which, like any other day, will consist of gossip and giggles. ~ Barry Hughart
168 Hours quotes by Barry Hughart
From its origin to the present hour, in all its vicissitudes, Masonry has been the steady unwearing friend of man. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
168 Hours quotes by Theodore Roosevelt
Dear Mother,
. . . We have been putting in our time here at very hard drilling, and are supposed to have learned in six weeks what the ordinary recruit, in times of peace, takes all his two years at. We rise at 5, and work stops in the afternoon at 5. A twelve hours day at one sou a day. I hope to earn higher wages than this in time to come, but I never expect to work harder. The early rising hour is splendid for it gives one the chance to see the most beautiful part of these beautiful autumn days in the South. We march up to a lovely open field on the end of the ridge behind the barracks, walking right into the rising sun. From this panorama, spread about on three sides is incomparably fine - yellow cornfields, vineyards, harvest-fields where the workers and their teams can be seen moving about in tiny figures - poplars, little hamlets and church-towers, and far away to the south the blue line of the Pyrenees, the high peaks capped with snow. It makes one in love with life, it is all so peaceful and beautiful. But Nature to me is not only hills and blue skies and flowers, but the Universe, the totality of things, reality as it most obviously presents itself to us; and in this universe strife and sternness play as big a part as love and tenderness, and cannot be shirked by one whose will it is to rule his life in accordance with the cosmic forces he sees in play about him. I hope you see the thing as I do, and think that I have done well, being without responsibilities a ~ Alan Seeger
168 Hours quotes by Alan Seeger
It is what is left to him," said Will. "Do you not recall what he says to Lucie? 'If it had been possible ... that you could have returned the love of the man you see before yourself- flung away, wasted, drunken, poor creature of misure as you know him to be- he would have been conscious this day and hour, in spite of his happiness, that he would bring you misery, bring you to sorrow and repetance, blight you, disgrace you, pull you down with him ~ Cassandra Clare
168 Hours quotes by Cassandra Clare
New power meant a new relation to time. The lending of money against interest was considered "against nature" by the
Church: money naturally was a means of exchange to buy necessities, not a capital that could work or bear fruits. During the seventeenth century even the Church abandoned this view-though reluctantly
to accept the fact that Christians had become capitalist merchants. Time became like money: I now can have a few hours before lunch; how shall I spend time? . I am
short of time so I can't afford to spend that much time on a committee; it's not worth the time ... It world be a waste of time; I'd rather save an hour ~ Ivan Illich
168 Hours quotes by Ivan Illich
Laughingstock Media Quotes «
» Klotsche Uwm Quotes