56 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 56.

Quotes About 56

Enjoy collection of 100 56 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 56. Righ click to see and save pictures of 56 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Everybody in a hurry to slow down. ~ August Wilson
56 quotes by August Wilson
O Lord, have Mercy and Compassion, for if Thou dost not have Mercy, who will have mercy?" The heartfelt prayer of this simple pilgrim epitomizes the quintessential Islamic attitude toward God as the source of compassion and mercy. No matter what one has done in life, one should never lose hope in His Compassion and Mercy, for as the Quran states, "And who despaireth of the Mercy of his Lord save those who go astray" (15:56), and "Do not despair of God's Mercy" (39:53). ~ Seyyed Hossein Nasr
56 quotes by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
A recent canvass of professional philosophers found the percentage of respondents who "accept or leans toward" various positions. On normative ethics, the results were deontology 25.9%; consequentialism 23.6%; virtue ethics 18.2%. On metaethics, results were moral realism 56.4%; moral anti-realism 27.7%. On moral judgment: cognitivism 65.7%; non-cognitivism 17.0% (Bourget and Chalmers 2009). ~ Nick Bostrom
56 quotes by Nick Bostrom
Duiri Tal, a small lake, lies cradled on the hill above Okhimath, at a height of 8,000 feet. It was a favourite spot of one of Garhwal's earliest British Commissioners, J.H. Batten, whose administration continued for twenty years (1836-56). He wrote: The day I reached there, it was snowing and young trees were laid prostrate under the weight of snow; the lake was frozen over to a depth of about two inches. There was no human habitation, and the place looked a veritable wilderness. The next morning when the sun appeared, the Chaukhamba and many other peaks extending as far as Kedarnath seemed covered with a new quilt of snow, as if close at hand. The whole scene was so exquisite that one could not tire of gazing at it for hours. I think a person who has a subdued settled despair in his mind would all of a sudden feel a kind of bounding and exalting cheerfulness which will be imparted to his frame by the atmosphere of Duiri Tal. This ~ Ruskin Bond
56 quotes by Ruskin Bond
I remember just before going onto the soundstage, I'd look in my dressing room mirror and stretch myself to my full 5'5 or 5'6 whatever it was-to make me appear taller and to make me able to dominate all the others and to mow them down with my size. ~ Edward G. Robinson
56 quotes by Edward G. Robinson
You can tell a million different stories about love. Especially when it's love with someone who's different."
You mean a monster?" Coleman said.
"Well, that's what you think at first. But it's like, um, Beauty and the Beast. When you find out that the monster is actually ... nice."
"But doesn't real love work the other way round?" Kiralee asked. "You start by thinking someone's fabulous, and by the end of the piece you realize he's a monster!"
"Or that you're the monster yourself," Oscar said. ~ Scott Westerfeld
56 quotes by Scott Westerfeld
56,000 companies have already benefited from the schemes that we have brought in. If we have taken the advice of the Conservative Party, no money would have been used. As Barack Obama said only yesterday, doing nothing is not an option. ~ Gordon Brown
56 quotes by Gordon Brown
in 2001, one Norwegian enthusiast even implemented Internet Protocol with a set of carrier pigeons. (Observers reported a disappointing 56 percent packet loss rate: rephrased in English, five out of the nine pigeons appeared to have wandered off, or have been eaten.) ~ Tung-Hui Hu
56 quotes by Tung-Hui Hu
Nonetheless, that order has now been destabilized, which means that the rest of us are going to have to quickly figure out how to turn "managed degrowth" into something that looks a lot less like the Great Depression and a lot more like what some innovative economic thinkers have taken to calling "The Great Transition."56 ~ Naomi Klein
56 quotes by Naomi Klein
Astronomy is not the science of all objects with mass and weight and velocity. The objects it describes do not include '56 Chevies. Biology is not the science of all objects that consume and excrete and have inherited characteristics. The objects it describes do not include '56 Chevies. Linguistics is not the study of all possible symbols or symbol systems. The objects it describes do not include '56 Chevies. ~ Randy Allen Harris
56 quotes by Randy Allen Harris
So when Yudhishthira tells Draupadi that eventually human acts do bear fruit, even though the fruit is invisible,56 one might interpret 'fruit' to mean the building of character through repeated actions. Yudhishthira was certainly aware that repeated actions had a way of changing one's inclinations to act in a certain way. That inclination is character. ~ Gurcharan Das
56 quotes by Gurcharan Das
I just had a child on purpose at age 56, I'm pretty f
ing optimistic. ~ Steve Earle
56 quotes by Steve Earle
At the altitude of about 23,000 miles the satellite takes 23 hours and 56 minutes to orbit Earth. Earth takes 23 hours and 56 minutes to rotate. ~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
56 quotes by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
It's okay to feel like shit. It's okay to feel worthless. It's okay to feel insignificant. It's okay to miss someone you can't have. It's okay to have a tightness in your chest or a burning sensation on your arms or legs and it's okay to not want to eat or sleep or just overall hurt yourself or worse. It's okay to feel like your world is crashing down and it's okay to feel like you can't do this. But the point is that you try. And no matter who you are, or what age you are. Whether you're my ex from third grade (if I had one) or a random three year old who's just had a bad day. If you're 56 and your wife just divorced you and you just wanna think or get advice or anything. I'll be here. It's okay to think you're a whore, but you aren't. It's okay to feel really dumb. But I'll do my best to convince you otherwise. Cuz I can't do much, I can't. I can't completely understand what you're feeling. And I'm sorry about that. But I can sure as hell try. And I'll try my very best. ~ Shiv Malhotra
56 quotes by Shiv Malhotra
I guess I worry about weird existential things, like how do we spend our final act. This is a very emotional question. I can't answer it without crying. I think, You're 56 years old, what did you do? You raised two good kids. What am I going to do now that is as meaningful as that? I don't know the answer yet. ~ Ellen Barkin
56 quotes by Ellen Barkin
They took Einstein to the process department, where they had a Ford set up on a scaffolding. He and Mrs. Einstein sat in it and the cameramen filmed them while, unbeknownst to the Einstein's, projecting an aerial film of New York, Niagra Falls, Chicago, and Los Angeles behind them. Then they developed this film of the Einstein's flying over America in a Ford and showed it. Einstein stared at it and kept saying in German, "My god, what have they done? I don't understand." My father said, "Relativity he understands!"
-Jack Warner, Jr. ~ Jean Stein
56 quotes by Jean Stein
I am 5'6' and desperately wish I was taller. ~ H. G. Bissinger
56 quotes by H. G. Bissinger
According to the latest wealth data of the Federal Reserve Board in the Flow of Funds, the total net worth of households is around $56.8 trillion.27 The wealth of the top 1 percent is therefore around $20.6 trillion. With roughly 113 million households, the average wealth of the richest 1 percent is roughly $18.2 million per household. ~ Jeffrey D. Sachs
56 quotes by Jeffrey D. Sachs
Take Over Your Own Mind. You only need to tell your mind that it must follow a New Plan. Yes, begin by bossing your own mind. You are the Master. If the Master gives no order, then the mind assumes there is no plan, and whatever wind comes through blows you along with it.

Paul J Coleman. BOSS CORE (Kindle Locations 56-58). ic7 Unique ~ Paul J. Coleman
56 quotes by Paul J. Coleman
[God] tells the woman that she will now bring forth children in sorrow, and desire an unworthy, sometimes resentful man, who will in consequence lord her biological fate over her, permanently. What might this mean? It could just mean that God is a patriarchal tyrant, as politically motivated interpretations of the ancient story insist. I think it's - merely descriptive.
Merely. And here is why: As human beings evolved, the brains that eventually gave rise to self-consciousness expanded tremendously. This produced an evolutionary arms race between fetal head and female pelvis.56 The female graciously widened her hips, almost to the point where running would no longer be possible. The baby, for his part, allowed himself to be born more than a year early, compared to other mammals of his size, and evolved a semi-collapsible head.57 This was and is a painful adjustment for both. The essentially fetal baby is almost completely dependent on his mother for everything during that first year. The programmability of his massive brain means that he must be trained until he is eighteen (or thirty) before being pushed out of the nest. This is to say nothing of the woman's consequential pain in childbirth, and high risk of death for mother and infant alike. This all means that women pay a high price for pregnancy and child-rearing, particularly in the early stages, and that one of the inevitable consequences is increased dependence upon the sometimes unreliable and always problematic ~ Jordan B. Peterson
56 quotes by Jordan B. Peterson
Page 56 The Honorable Schoolboy
Czarist imperialist running dogs drank tasteless coffee with divisive, deviationist, chauvinist, Stalinists and were proud of it. ~ John Le Carre
56 quotes by John Le Carre
In 2012 about 56 million people died throughout the world; 620,000 of them died due to human violence (war killed 120,000 people, and crime killed another 500,000). In contrast, 800,000 committed suicide, and 1.5 million died of diabetes.23 Sugar is now more dangerous than gunpowder. ~ Yuval Noah Harari
56 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
Death was sweetened for the martyrs by the promise of 72 virgins waiting in paradise. She had researched the 72 virgins. The number wasn't actually in the Quran but in the Hadith 2687, collected in the Book of Sunan. The Quran, in Sura 56, was vague on the point. And theirs shall be the dark-eyed houris, chaste as hidden pearls ... A new analysis translated houris from the Aramaic dialect Syriac as "white raisins", which put everything in a very different light. ~ Leslie Cockburn
56 quotes by Leslie Cockburn
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian:40 He that outlives this day, and comes safe home, Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd, And rouse him at the name of Crispian. He that shall live this day, and see old age,44 Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, And say, 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:' Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars, And say, 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.' Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,49 But he'll remember with advantages What feats he did that day. Then shall our names, Familiar in his mouth as household words,52 Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter, Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester, Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd. This story shall the good man teach his son;56 And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remembered; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;60 ~ William Shakespeare
56 quotes by William Shakespeare
Fortunately, I'm very healthy, and my body is still intact. It hasn't aged very much, I feel like a very young 56. I exercise regularly, and when I do, I always learn new things about my body. ~ Steven Bauer
56 quotes by Steven Bauer
In the year 2000, wars caused the deaths of 310,000 individuals, and violent crime killed another 520,000. Each and every victim is a world destroyed, a family ruined, friends and relatives scarred for life. Yet from a macro perspective these 830,000 victims comprised only 1.5 per cent of the 56 million people who died in 2000. That year 1.26 million people died in car accidents (2.25 per cent of total mortality) and 815,000 people committed suicide (1.45 per cent).4 ~ Yuval Noah Harari
56 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
The most impressive airplane ever, I believe, was designed only a dozen years after the first operational jet. Stayed in service till it was too rusty to fly, taken out of service. We retreated in '98 back to something that was developed in '56. What? The most impressive spaceship ever, I believe, was a Grumman Lunar Lander. ~ Burt Rutan
56 quotes by Burt Rutan
Does Rupert like me? I think so, but it doesn't matter. When I go up to the magic room in the sky every three months, if my numbers are right, I get to live. If not, I'm killed. Our relationship isn't about love-it's about arithmetic. Survival means hitting your numbers. I've met or exceeded mine in 56 straight quarters. The reason is: I treat Rupert's money like it is mine. ~ Roger Ailes
56 quotes by Roger Ailes
The gap between median black family income and median white family income hasn't changed in twenty years," he told me. "That is not a society moving toward equality. It's a society that's reproducing inequality by race."56 ~ Christopher L. Hayes
56 quotes by Christopher L. Hayes
A little righteous anger really brings out the best in the American personality. Our nation was born when 56 patriots got mad enough to sign the Declaration of Independence. We put a man on the moon because Sputnik made us mad at being number two in space. Getting mad in a constructive way is good for the soul- and the country. ~ Lee Iacocca
56 quotes by Lee Iacocca
UEFA conducted an analysis of the wage bills of clubs across fifty-two European national leagues and found that the club with the highest wage bill won the national title twenty-nine times (56 percent), the second highest wage bill won eleven times (21 percent), the third highest won four times (8 percent), and the rest won 15 percent of the time. ~ Stefan Szymanski
56 quotes by Stefan Szymanski
Five sicks people in the hospital (56). I made each one a "Get well soon" card saying I was sorry for coughing in their general direction on the 4th of November, and I hope that wasn't a contributing factor for their illnesses. ~ Jarod Kintz
56 quotes by Jarod Kintz
The writer was able to capture many of the feelings that I actually had as a abandoned and then adopted child. Actually I have just finished my own story along with my sister that we found each other after 56 years and what a journey. ~ David M. Brodzinsky
56 quotes by David M. Brodzinsky
4. Radicalism of forms. If a new model once created meets with much success on account of its greater efficiency than its predecessor, it lends certain neighbouring forms a formal radicalism, which attempts to borrow from the appearance of the new form: for example, bronze tools that had reached the furthest development of their utility had a disastrous influence on stone tools, warping them toward an elegance that could only be attained in bronze. Today aviation has imposed its aerodynamic forms even on baby strollers and irons. This radicalism of forms is a result of the fact that people become bored when they do not find some unexpected element in the familiar. This radicalism might seem illogical, as the advocates of standardization believe, but we must not forget that discovery is only made possible by this need of humanity. ~ Tom McDonough
56 quotes by Tom McDonough
Milwaukee used to be flush with good jobs. But throughout the second half of the twentieth century, bosses in search of cheap labor moved plants overseas or to Sunbelt communities, where unions were weaker or didn't exist. Between 1979 and 1983, Milwaukee's manufacturing sector lost more jobs than during the Great Depression - about 56,000 of them. The city where virtually everyone had a job in the postwar years saw its unemployment rate climb into the double digits. Those who found new work in the emerging service industry took a pay cut. As one historian observed, 'Machinists in the old Allis-Chalmers plant earned at least $11.60 an hour; clerks in the shopping center that replaced much of that plant in 1987 earned $5.23. ~ Matthew Desmond
56 quotes by Matthew Desmond
They inform them that an unidentified aircraft is not just heading toward the nation's capital, but rapidly approaching the P-56 prohibited airspace over the city ~ Paul W. Rea
56 quotes by Paul W. Rea
Massive changes may have occurred in libraries in recent years, with new digital resources and services supplementing the old traditional resources and services, the dog-eared card catalogues ripped up and destroyed, workstations suddenly everywhere, but one essential aspect of "libraryness" has not changed: libraries remain places dedicated to storage. Books continue to be published in greater and greater numbers – so great in fact that there are no accurate figures as to exactly how many are published: some say one every thirty seconds, others four thousand per day, others a million per year – and somehow, whether through the off-site storage of the physical books themselves, or microfilm copying, or digital scanning, we remain obliged to keep up with or afloat in this vast deluge of paper. Even the new, high-tech rebranded libraries opened to great fanfare in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in the 1990s could not get away from this essential fact of paper hoarding: they were called "Idea Stores." - p.56 ~ Ian Sansom
56 quotes by Ian Sansom
Have they been cruelly kill'd for what I want?/So shall I never want again if in/
The wanting all I love shall be destroy'd.
-Luke II,4 lines 56-58 ~ Ian Doescher
56 quotes by Ian Doescher
They laid up in the shade of a rock shelf until past noon, scratching out a place in the gray lava dust to sleep, and they set forth in the afternoon down the valley following the war trail and they were very small and they moved very slowly in the immensity of that landscape.
Come evening they hove toward the rimrock again and Sproule pointed out a dark stain on the face of the barren cliff. It looked like the black from old fires. The kid shielded his eyes. The scalloped canyon walls rippled in the heat like drapery folds. ~ Cormac McCarthy
56 quotes by Cormac McCarthy
Girls Wanted to Enter Flight Stewardess Training Group
Here is the Career Opportunity for Which You Have Been Waiting!
If you are interested and feel you can meet all of the qualifications below, please write in detail and attach a full length photograph.
HEIGHT: Between 5'2" and 5'6"
WEIGHT: 135 pounds maximum
ATTRACTIVE: "Just below Hollywood" standards
Plenty of Personality and Poise
MARITAL STATUS: Single, Not Divorced,
Separated, or Widowed
RACE: White
EDUCATION: Registered Nurse or Two Years of College
VISION: 20/20 without glasses
Must be a US citizen and available for training within 6 months.
If you feel you qualify
~ Judy Blume
56 quotes by Judy Blume
I'm a single woman of 56 and I see a lot of men my age with much younger women or women my age with much younger men. I've done both, and I still hope that when I do find someone I want to spend time with, they think I'm the hottest thing going. ~ Kim Cattrall
56 quotes by Kim Cattrall
Wherever the mutation conferring lactase persistence first became common, a few migrants must have made their way southeastward, while others headed northwest.56 In India as in Europe, there is a decline in this mutation toward the south, where dairying is much less important.57 ~ Anonymous
56 quotes by Anonymous
This isn't just a theoretical argument. Economists have studied this issue and worked out how, on average, a consumer affects the number of animal products supplied by declining to buy that product. They estimate that, on average, if you give up one egg, total production ultimately falls by 0.91 eggs; if you give up one gallon of milk, total production falls by 0.56 gallons. Other products are somewhere in between: economists estimate that if you give up one pound of beef, beef production falls by 0.68 pounds; if you give up one pound of pork, production ultimately falls by 0.74 pounds; if you give up one pound of chicken, production ultimately falls by 0.76 pounds. ~ William MacAskill
56 quotes by William MacAskill
Even with the intention to be quiet, human beings seldom can restrain from comment or at least grumbled cursing; we are the chattering species, as much as we are anything else - Odd Thomas - Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz pg 56 chapter 7 ~ Dean Koontz
56 quotes by Dean Koontz
I love your personality, I said with wide eyes and an open smile. I had used this look before when a bank teller at Wells Fargo had threatened to put a ten-day hold on a check from my father because my average balance was $3.56. ~ Chelsea Handler
56 quotes by Chelsea Handler
Sweet music It beats love because there aren't any wounds: in the morning she turns on the radio, Brahms or Ives or Stravinsky or Mozart. She boils the eggs counting the seconds out loud: 56, 57, 58 ... she peels the eggs, brings them to me in bed. After breakfast it's the same chair and listen to the classical music. She's on her first glass of scotch and her third cigarette. I tell her I must go to the racetrack. She's been here about 2 nights and 2 days. "When will I see you again?" I ask. She suggests that might be up to me. I nod and Mozart plays. ~ Charles Bukowski
56 quotes by Charles Bukowski
Kathryn Smith: 16 DPA/Landov: 21 Courtesy of Daniel Kottke: 56 Mark Richards: 71, 348 Ted Thai/Polaris: 102 ~ Walter Isaacson
56 quotes by Walter Isaacson
For 56 days they had given everything, endured everything; they had achieved the impossible, not once but again and again. They deserved to win; and if they were now being robbed of victory, then the real thieves weren't the People's Army, the 'rats of the Nam Youm', or anyone else in the filth of this last valley, but men who slept between clean sheets far away. ~ Martin Windrow
56 quotes by Martin Windrow
Theatre has always been better disposed to colourblind casting than telly or film. Given that most television is contemporary, and it reaches 56 million people, I am disappointed there still isn't more representation. ~ Sanjeev Bhaskar
56 quotes by Sanjeev Bhaskar
Feb 6 1945 St. Ann, Jamaica, Daddy was born. I remember us celebrating one of his birthdays in Jamaica at 56 Hope Road with him, no big superstar party, just us kids, Mommy, some cake, few laughs and that was it. Even if he wasn't known to the world on Feb 6th I would still think of him and in my heart say Happy Birthday Daddy. Love. ~ Ziggy Marley
56 quotes by Ziggy Marley
That is what you meant to me: a light that shone through the darkness. (Your smile, p. 56) ~ Chimnese Davids
56 quotes by Chimnese Davids
I had a '56 Ford, and my first car was a '49 Chevy. I converted it to a stick and used to race with the other high school kids down along the river. ~ Craig T. Nelson
56 quotes by Craig T. Nelson
I had the chance to visit all 56 counties in Montana in my pickup. You can put Washington, D.C., in one corner of our state and put Chicago in the other corner, and that's the size of my congressional district. ~ Steve Daines
56 quotes by Steve Daines
Billy's at 44 north, 56 west and heading straight into meteorological hell. ~ Sebastian Junger
56 quotes by Sebastian Junger
I have huge hands and feet. I'm 5'6 and wear a size 10 shoe. ~ Ellen Barkin
56 quotes by Ellen Barkin
A research group found that 56 percent of major companies surveyed in the late '80s agreed that 'employees who are loyal to the company and further its business goals deserve an assurance of continued employment.' A decade later, only 6 percent agreed. It was in the '90s that companies started weeding people out as a form of cost reduction. ~ Barbara Ehrenreich
56 quotes by Barbara Ehrenreich
I had felt guilty but honored. Genevieve liked me best. We were close,closer than with anyone else. The bracelets were proof. How cheaply I was bought then, with just a bracelet made out of string. ~ Jenny Han
56 quotes by Jenny Han
They were somewhere near Chelyabinsk 56, someone said. You don't want to go there, a Russian added. One of Stalin's biggest messes. ~ Kim Stanley Robinson
56 quotes by Kim Stanley Robinson
I started playing guitar back in '56. I was a teenager, and guitars had just come in, and I had a thing for it and got one. Started learning lead breaks from songs, because that was the easiest thing to do at the time. I had the guitar for two years before I learned any chords. Really. ~ Roger McGuinn
56 quotes by Roger McGuinn
1962 that "No data processing system, whether artificial or living, can process more than 2 x 1047 bits per second per gram of its mass," which means that a hypothetical supercomputer the size of the earth (= c. 6 x 1027 grams) grinding away for as long as the earth has existed (= about 1010 years, with c. 3.14 x 107 seconds/year) can have processed at most 2.56 x 2092 bits, which number is known as Bremermann's Limit. ~ David Foster Wallace
56 quotes by David Foster Wallace
... Faith itself is a substance and an evidence of things that the senses of the body won't declare."
( This Message by preached Brother William Marrion Branham called Believing God was delivered on Sunday, 24th February 1952 at the Branham Tabernacle in Jeffersonville, Indiana, U.S.A.
The sermon, number 52-0224, is 1 hour and 31 minutes. - See Paragraph 56 ). ~ William Marrion Branham
56 quotes by William Marrion Branham
Those who know don't tell.
Those who tell don't know.
from 56 ~ Lao-Tzu
56 quotes by Lao-Tzu
Back in Beijing, it was 9:56 A.M. - four minutes before the race's start - and Phelps stood behind his starting block, bouncing slightly on his toes. When the announcer said his name, Phelps stepped onto the block, as he always did before a race, and then stepped down, as he always did. He swung his arms three times, as he had before every race since he was twelve years old. He stepped up on the blocks again, got into his stance, and, when the gun sounded, leapt. Phelps knew that something was wrong as soon as he hit the water. There was moisture inside his goggles. He couldn ~ Charles Duhigg
56 quotes by Charles Duhigg
I've seen a big shift, especially in my classroom, with women standing up and demanding respect. That's in every woman, whether 16, 26, 56. ~ P.C. Cast
56 quotes by P.C. Cast
But his doom 54: Reserv'd him to more wrath; for now the thought 55: Both of lost happiness and lasting pain 56: Torments him; round he throws his baleful eyes 57: That witness'd huge affliction and dismay 58: Mixt with obdurate pride and stedfast hate: ~ John Milton
56 quotes by John Milton
The point is that we know them by their message and their fruit, not by their gifts (Deuteronomy 13:1-5; Matthew 7:15-23).[56] ~ David Jeremiah
56 quotes by David Jeremiah
Why did she [Madame Curie] seek to tame this mystery, which in the hands of others turned a multitude to ashes? Her work exploded with the violence of a thousand suns, but I must tell her that it was not her fault, the way they twisted her creation, tampered with her dreams.
"I will tell her.
"They said she was inhuman, heartless, but it is not so. She is here now. Weeping, she awaits me, She is carrying balm for our hands. [p, 56] ~ Kim Edwards
56 quotes by Kim Edwards
11I will make my dwelling [56] among you, and my soul shall not abhor you. 12And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people. 13I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves. And I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect. ~ Anonymous
56 quotes by Anonymous
I was chef to the French Presidents between '56 and '59, finished with de Gaulle, and during de Gaulle I remember serving Eisenhower, Nehru, Tito, Macmillan; those were the heads of state at the time. I never saw anyone. No one would ever, ever, ever come to the kitchen. You couldn't even see them. ~ Jacques Pepin
56 quotes by Jacques Pepin
When our founding fathers put their signatures on the Declaration of Independence, those 56 brave people, most of whom by the way were clergymen, they said that we had certain inalienable rights given to us by our creator, and among these life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, life being one of them. I still believe that. ~ Mike Huckabee
56 quotes by Mike Huckabee
Sure, as long as he ties a 56 lb. weight to each leg. ~ Brian London
56 quotes by Brian London
For as soon as Christ says: 'This is my body,' his body is present through the Word and the power of the Holy Spirit. If the Word is not there, it is mere bread; but as soon as the words are added they bring with them that of which they speak.

Moreover, we believe that Christ, according to his human nature, is put over all creatures [Eph. 1:22] and fills all things, as Paul says in Eph. 4[:10]. Not only according to his divine nature, but also according to his human nature, he is a lord of all things, has all things in his hand, and is present everywhere. If I am to follow the fanatics who say that this is not fitting, then I must deny Christ. We read of Stephen in Acts 7[:56] that he said: 'I see the heavens opened, and Jesus standing at the right hand of the Father.' How does he see Christ? He need not raise his eyes on high. Christ is around us and in us in all places. Those people understand nothing of this. They also say that he sits at the right hand of God, but what it means that Christ ascends to heaven and sits there, they do not know. It is not the same as when you climb up a ladder into the house. It means rather that he is above all creatures and in all and beyond all creatures. That he was taken up bodily, however, occurred as a sign of this. Therefore he now has all things before his eyes, more than I have you before my eyes, and he is closer to us than any creature is to another. ~ Martin Luther
56 quotes by Martin Luther
The media's weird obsession with billing immigrant terrorists as apple-pie Americans leads to comical results, such as the panelists on MSNBC's The Cycle puzzling over how Aafia Siddiqui, a "U.S.-trained scientist" could have become radicalized.56 Here's a tip for MSNBC: When you can't pronounce the terrorist's name, the rest of America isn't sitting in slack-jawed amazement. Siddiqui wasn't an American by any definition. She wasn't even an anchor baby. Rather, Siddiqui was born and raised in Pakistan and came to the United States as an adult via our seditious universities. After an arranged marriage over the phone with another Pakistani, who - luckily for America! - joined her here, she divorced and married the nephew of 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Who could have seen Siddiqui's radicalism coming? ~ Ann Coulter
56 quotes by Ann Coulter
...what if everything that we see, everything that seems real - what if it was not real?...What if the stuff that was real was somehow hidden?... [56] ~ Walter Sorrells
56 quotes by Walter Sorrells
In spite of Bush's win, the majority of Americans still think the country is headed in the wrong direction (56%), think the war wasn't worth fighting (51%), and don't approve of the job George W. Bush is doing (52%). ~ Michael Moore
56 quotes by Michael Moore
Only that saner selfishness, which Education teaches men, can find the rights of all in the whirl of work. ~ W.E.B. Du Bois
56 quotes by W.E.B. Du Bois
Just because it's not hard science, just because it doesn't lead to a high-paying job at a hedge fund after college, doesn't mean it's not worth pursuing. ~ Kat Rosenfield
56 quotes by Kat Rosenfield
I finished law school in '56, but I was working two jobs. ~ David Dinkins
56 quotes by David Dinkins
Stars are bright, hot, rotating masses of
gas which emit large quantities of light and heat as a result of nuclear
reactions. Most newly-forming large stars begin to collapse under the
weight of their own gravitational pull. That means that their centres are
hotter and denser. When the matter in the centre of the star is sufficiently
heated-when it reaches at least 10 million degrees Celsius (18
million degrees Fahrenheit)-nuclear reactions begin.56 What happens
inside a star is that with enormous energy (fusion), hydrogen turns into
helium. Nuclear fusion takes the particles that make up hydrogen and
sticks them together to make helium (1 helium atom is made from 4
hydrogen atoms). In order to make the protons and neutrons in the
helium stick together, the atom gives off tremendous energy. The energy
released in the process is radiated from the surface of the star as light
and heat. When the hydrogen is consumed, the star then begins to burn
with helium, in exactly the same way, and heavier elements are formed.
These reactions continue until the mass of the star has been consumed.
However, since oxygen is not used in these reactions inside stars,
the result is not ordinary combustion, such as that takes place when
burning a piece of wood. The combustion seen as giant flames in stars
does not actually derive from fire. Indeed, burning of just this kind is
described in the verse ~ Harun Yahya
56 quotes by Harun Yahya
We have had a chance to travel to all 56 counties in this state, and I have had the chance to sit around with cups of coffee and having conversations about what matters to Montanans. ~ Steve Daines
56 quotes by Steve Daines
My mom and my dad were married 56 years, and the fact that I reconciled with my dad I think made their marriage a little bit better as well. ~ Larry Elder
56 quotes by Larry Elder
In 2008, Obama won 56 percent of the women's vote to John McCain's 43 percent. It was the critical difference in the race. ~ Juan Williams
56 quotes by Juan Williams
90% of U.S. mass shootings are committed by white people aged 14-56. For some reason I've never ONCE heard a white person called a terrorist. ~ Chris Rock
56 quotes by Chris Rock
A new poll reveals that 56% of Americans believe that Wal-Mart is bad for the country, while the other 44% work there. ~ Amy Poehler
56 quotes by Amy Poehler
Hey, you," I snap at a waiter on his phone just outside the door. "Are those the coconut shrimp?" He nods dumbly, eyes wide at being caught slacking on the job. "Give them to me." "What?" He's scared. He looks around for a manager, but it's just us. "You heard me. Stuff them in my purse - now!" And that's how I leave Dr. Lopez's retirement party toting two dozen coconut shrimp.

Grey, R.S.. Hotshot Doc (pp. 55-56). Kindle Edition. ~ R.S. Grey
56 quotes by R.S. Grey
The Restoration began with the prayer of a 14-year-old boy and a vision of the Father and the Son. The dispensation of the fulness of times was ushered in.The Restoration of the gospel brought knowledge of the premortal existence. From the scriptures, we know of the Council in Heaven and the decision to send the sons and daughters of God into mortality to receive a body and to be tested (see D&C 138:56; see also Romans 8:16). We are children of God. We have a spirit body housed, for now, in an earthly tabernacle of flesh. The scriptures say, 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?' (1 Corinthians 3:16). ~ Boyd K. Packer
56 quotes by Boyd K. Packer
Police: NY bus driver drove drunk with 35 students on board CORTLANDT, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a school bus driver was driving drunk with 35 students on board when she sideswiped a utility pole in suburban New York. It happened Monday as 56-year-old Mary Coletti was taking students to Walter Panas High School in Cortdandt. Authorities say she sideswiped the pole around 7 a.m. They say her blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit of .08 percent. A few students suffered minor injuries. Lakeland School District Superintendent George Stone tells The Journal News Coletti's bus driver's license has been revoked. Coletti was arraigned Monday and sent to jail on $1,000 bail. She's due back in court May 18. It's unclear if she has an attorney. Posted: ~ Anonymous
56 quotes by Anonymous
I grew really fast. It's true I went from 5'6" to 6'1" in six months in 8th grade. By the end of 8th grade, I was 6'1". Everyone was freaking out. ~ Dot Jones
56 quotes by Dot Jones
But that's a way to go on loving
a place, or a person. To miss it. In fact, to go away, to put yourself in the state of missing, is sometimes the simplest way to preserve love. [p. 56] ~ Shirley Hazzard
56 quotes by Shirley Hazzard
I used to tell myself when I was much younger that I didn't want to wake up one day and be 32 years old and still playing records. It's just not going to happen. Well, the joke is on me, because I'm 56 years old now. ~ Frankie Knuckles
56 quotes by Frankie Knuckles
I think modeling is interesting because every season, what the modeling world finds beautiful changes. Like Kate Moss, she was 5'6 and was so thin and had no curves, and that was in for a while. ~ Sara Foster
56 quotes by Sara Foster
If, along the way, something is gained, then something will also be lost. ~ Miriam Toews
56 quotes by Miriam Toews
Joe DiMaggio batted safely in 56 consecutive games in 1941, the same season Ted Williams batted .406 - but did you know that also in 1941, Jeff Heath, an outfielder who spent a decade playing for the Indians, became the first player in AL history to hit 20 doubles, 20 triples, and 20 home runs in the same season? It's true. ~ Tucker Elliot
56 quotes by Tucker Elliot
I could throw 56-pound words clear across the Grand Canyon. As a matter of course, I went into politics. ~ Henry F. Ashurst
56 quotes by Henry F. Ashurst
No matter how many people reject or betray you, if you have even one person in your life you can count on--really, truly count on--you can overcome any obstacle. Trusting the wrong person might lead to temporary heartache, but trusting the right one provides a strength that can fuel you for a lifetime.~ page 56 ~ Karen Witemeyer
56 quotes by Karen Witemeyer
I'm 56 - I don't want to look like I'm 20. ~ Marie Helvin
56 quotes by Marie Helvin
Our Keystone legislation received strong bipartisan support in the Senate. Although it didn't receive the 60 votes necessary for passage, 56 senators - a majority - voted in favor of the bill. Despite President Obama's actively lobbying against the bill, we still won the support of 11 Democrats. ~ John Hoeven
56 quotes by John Hoeven
The tectonic, technology-driven shifts that characterize the Internet Century have rendered some of the commonly accepted strategic fundamentals we learned in school and on the job incorrect.56 ~ Eric Schmidt
56 quotes by Eric Schmidt
That's what I wanted. Something to enrich me, to make me feel better about the things in my life that I could never change." - Page 56 ~ Sophie Jordan
56 quotes by Sophie Jordan
I am suggesting is that the past, as we remember it, has little to do with causal or determining factos that have in some way made, or influenced, us as we are today. Rather, the remembered past provides us with the means to maintain, or validate, who we are today and to give focus and direction to who we might wish to become at some future point in time. ~ Ernesto Spinelli
56 quotes by Ernesto Spinelli
55 70 Benchv Quotes «
» 57 Quotes