50 Best Homer Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 50 Best Homer.

Quotes About 50 Best Homer

Enjoy collection of 37 50 Best Homer quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 50 Best Homer. Righ click to see and save pictures of 50 Best Homer quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The Blair government perhaps ranks as the best the U.K. has had for 50 years. It cannot match the scale of Attlee's reforms, but has a fine record of constitutional reform and economic competence. In my own areas - science and innovation - there have been well-judged and effective changes. ~ Martin Rees
50 Best Homer quotes by Martin Rees
Confidence in one's self is the chief nurse of magnanimity, which confidence, notwithstanding, doth not leave the care of necessary furniture for it; and therefore, of all the Grecians, Homer doth ever make Achilles the best armed. ~ Philip Sidney
50 Best Homer quotes by Philip Sidney
Shoulder-to-shoulder, swing to the work, we must - just two as we are - if we hope to make some headway. The worst cowards, banded together, have their power, but you and I have got the skill to fight their best. ~ Homer
50 Best Homer quotes by Homer
On Sunday at St St. Andrews in 2005, Tiger woke up with a two-stroke lead, and his warm-up on the practice range was freakishly good. He'd comment later that it was one of the best of his life. He hit the 50-yard sign four times in a row, the 100-yard sign three times in a row, and the 150-yard sign on his first shot. I jokingly told Steve that on shots around 100 yards he should remind Tiger to aim right or left of the pin. Sure enough, on the third hole Tiger's wedge hit the pin and bounced off the green. ~ Hank Haney
50 Best Homer quotes by Hank Haney
The Silver Spoon, the best-selling Italian cookbook of the last 50 years. ~ Timothy Ferriss
50 Best Homer quotes by Timothy Ferriss
It is my experience that the best way to deal with American politics is 50 milligrams of Zoloft 3 times a day. ~ Will Durst
50 Best Homer quotes by Will Durst
It is the bold man who every time does best, at home or abroad. ~ Homer
Each man delights in the work that suits him best. ~ Homer
I look at my annual budgets for everything and anything, and I look to see where I can save the most money on those items. Saving 30% to 50% buying in bulk - replenishable items from toothpaste to soup, or whatever I use a lot of - is the best guaranteed return on investment you can get anywhere. ~ Mark Cuban
50 Best Homer quotes by Mark Cuban
Plan Colombia was supposed to reduce Colombia's cultivation and distribution of drugs by 50 percent, but 6 years and $4.7 billion later, the drug control results are meager at best. ~ Jan Schakowsky
50 Best Homer quotes by Jan Schakowsky
The labour movement had the best opportunity in 50 years to transform not merely an industrial situation and win an important battle for workers in struggle, but an opportunity to change the government of the day. ~ Arthur Scargill
50 Best Homer quotes by Arthur Scargill
But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast, for gentle ways are best, and keep aloof from sharp contentions. ~ Homer
My best race is the 100 fly, but for the 50 you just have to go really fast one way so I really like it too. It's not the same strategy. For the 50 I just breathed once, so it's really different from the 100 fly. ~ Katerine Savard
50 Best Homer quotes by Katerine Savard
I believe that we are at or near the apex of a great civilization ... In 50-100 years, if we're a poor third to some countries in Asia, I wouldn't be surprised. If I had to bet, the part of the world that will do best will be Asia. ~ Charlie Munger
50 Best Homer quotes by Charlie Munger
Thinking is the activity I love best, and writing to me is simply thinking through my fingers. I can write up to 18 hours a day. Typing 90 words a minute, I've done better than 50 pages a day. Nothing interferes with my concentration. You could put an orgy in my office and I wouldn't look up-well, maybe once. ~ Isaac Asimov
50 Best Homer quotes by Isaac Asimov
Always be the best, my boy, the bravest, and hold your head up high above all the others. Never disgrace the generation of your fathers. They were the bravest champions ... ~ Homer
You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. ~ Homer Simpson
50 Best Homer quotes by Homer Simpson
To design a desk which may cost $1,000 is easy for a furniture designer but to design a functional and good desk which shall cost only $50 can only be done by the very best ~ Ingvar Kamprad
50 Best Homer quotes by Ingvar Kamprad
A lot happens at 50, the best thing being that you just don't care anymore. At 40, you still care. At 30, you care way too much - and your twenties are quite frankly a nightmare. Bring on 60, I say: just imagine the joy of having grandchildren. ~ Jerry Hall
50 Best Homer quotes by Jerry Hall
Homer, in the second book of the Iliad says with fine enthusiasm, "Give me masturbation or give me death." Caesar, in his Commentaries, says, "To the lonely it is company; to the forsaken it is a friend; to the aged and to the impotent it is a benefactor. They that are penniless are yet rich, in that they still have this majestic diversion." In another place this experienced observer has said, "There are times when I prefer it to sodomy." Robinson Crusoe says, "I cannot describe what I owe to this gentle art." Queen Elizabeth said, "It is the bulwark of virginity." Cetewayo, the Zulu hero, remarked, "A jerk in the hand is worth two in the bush." The immortal Franklin has said, "Masturbation is the best policy." Michelangelo and all of the other old masters--"old masters," I will remark, is an abbreviation, a contraction--have used similar language. Michelangelo said to Pope Julius II, "Self-negation is noble, self-culture beneficent, self-possession is manly, but to the truly great and inspiring soul they are poor and tame compared with self-abuse." Mr. Brown, here, in one of his latest and most graceful poems, refers to it in an eloquent line which is destined to live to the end of time--"None knows it but to love it; none name it but to praise. ~ Mark Twain
50 Best Homer quotes by Mark Twain
We are perpetually labouring to destroy our delights, our composure, our devotion to superior power. Of all the animals on earth we least know what is good for us. My opinion is, that what is best for us is our admiration of good. ~ Homer
Let me leave you with one very recent example of Berry at his best, drawn from an op-ed piece that he published (with his old friend and collaborator Wes Jackson) shortly after the economy crashed in the fall of 2008. For 50 or 60 years, we have let ourselves believe that as long as we have money we will have food. This is a mistake. If we continue our offenses against the land and the labor by which we are fed, the food supply will decline, and we will have a problem far more complex than the failure of our paper economy. The government will bring forth no food by providing hundreds of billions of dollars to the agribusiness corporations. I ~ Wendell Berry
50 Best Homer quotes by Wendell Berry
Not much comes easy in this world, Sonny. If it does, it's best to be suspicious of it. It's probably not worth much. ~ Homer Hickam
50 Best Homer quotes by Homer Hickam
On with you, horse-taming Trojans! Never give Greeks best in your will to fight! They are not made of stone or iron. Their flesh can't keep out penetrating spears when they are hit. ~ Homer
The best things beyond their measure cloy. ~ Homer
A 10% loss in any investment can be recovered, not by 10%, but only by 11% gain.
A 50% loss in any investment can be recovered only by 100% gain.
And a 90% loss in any investment can be recovered only by a whopping 1,000% gain.

Yes, all the above statements are true.
Numbers can confuse the best of financial wizards.
It needs a rare trait of common sense to unravel the mysteries of finance.

For your investments:
- Keep them Simple.
- Avoid Jargons.
- Exhibit Discipline.
- Be Consistent.
- Apply Common Sense ~ Manoj Arora
50 Best Homer quotes by Manoj Arora
Reading the very best writers - let us say Homer, Dante, Shakespeare, Tolstoy - is not going to make us better citizens. Art is perfectly useless, according to the sublime Oscar Wilde, who was right about everything. He also told us that all bad poetry is sincere. Had I the power to do so, I would command that these words be engraved above every gate at every university, so that each student might ponder the splendor of the insight. ~ Harold Bloom
50 Best Homer quotes by Harold Bloom
Just because a woman is over 50 does not mean she no longer has anything to offer. If anything, we have so much more to offer! We have lived life, we get better with age. I do my best work now in my 60s. Sure, I could retire; but what would I do? Play Bingo? I think not! ~ Dawn Wells
50 Best Homer quotes by Dawn Wells
42. What is the name of her first EP? Title 43. When was her first EP released? September 9, 2014 44. What was she nominated for at the 2014 American Music Awards? New Artist of the Year 45. What was she nominated for at the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards? Best Song with a Social Message 46. What was she nominated for at the 2014 NewNowNext Awards? Best New Female Musician 47. What was she nominated for at the 2014 Capricho Awards? Revelation International 48. What was she nominated for at the 2015 People's Choice Awards? Favorite Breakout Artist and Favorite Song 49. What was she nominated for at the 2015 Grammy Awards? Record of the Year and Song of the Year 50. Which albums of hers are self-released? I'll Sing with You and Only 17 ~ Nancy Smith
50 Best Homer quotes by Nancy Smith
Money isn't always the best motivator. If you leave a $50 check after dinner with friends, you don't increase the probability of being invited back. ~ Yochai Benkler
50 Best Homer quotes by Yochai Benkler
Mmmm. Move over, eggs. Bacon just got a new best friend - fudge. ~ Homer
If competition for Kaggle's top talent becomes fierce enough among banks, insurance companies, hedge funds - we hope the world's best data scientists will earn more than $50 million per year, just like the world's best hedge fund managers. ~ Anthony Goldbloom
50 Best Homer quotes by Anthony Goldbloom
At times it has been doubtful to me if Emerson really knows or feels what Poetry is at its highest, as in the Bible, for instance, or Homer or Shakspeare. I see he covertly or plainly likes best superb verbal polish, or something old or odd ~ Walt Whitman
50 Best Homer quotes by Walt Whitman
so evenly was strained their war and battle,
till the moment when Zeus gave the greater renown to Hector, son of
Priam, who was the first to leap within the wall of the Achaians. In a
piercing voice he cried aloud to the Trojans: "Rise, ye horse-taming
Trojans, break the wall of the Argives, and cast among the ships fierce
blazing fire."

So spake he, spurring them on, and they all heard him with their ears,
and in one mass rushed straight against the wall, and with sharp spears
in their hands climbed upon the machicolations of the towers. And
Hector seized and carried a stone that lay in front of the gates, thick
in the hinder part, but sharp at point: a stone that not the two best
men of the people, such as mortals now are, could lightly lift from the
ground on to a wain, but easily he wielded it alone, for the son of
crooked-counselling Kronos made it light for him. And as when a shepherd
lightly beareth the fleece of a ram, taking it in one hand, and little
doth it burden him, so Hector lifted the stone, and bare it straight
against the doors that closely guarded the stubborn-set portals, double
gates and tall, and two cross bars held them within, and one bolt
fastened them. And he came, and stood hard by, and firmly planted
himself, and smote them in the midst, setting his legs well apart, that
his cast might lack no strength. And he brake both the hinges, and the
Homer
People do not realize just how much effort it takes to do a half ass job properly. A lot of time is spend in choosing which cheek will do the job best then whether that cheek is available on that day. Odds are 50/50 that half assed will be half of half assed or quarter assed, which doesn't have the same ring to it at all ...
Mediocrity isn't so easy is it? ~ Neil Leckman
50 Best Homer quotes by Neil Leckman
He accomplished this primarily by hooking up with his best friend, Henry Goldman, before the Goldman Sachs partnership. (They toyed with creating Goldman and Lehman but instead decided on splitting the profits 50/50.) ~ Kenneth L. Fisher
50 Best Homer quotes by Kenneth L. Fisher
I'm sure there's a subconscious 'go for it' thing with turning 50. You want to do as much as possible and there are thoughts of how little time we have on the planet. For a lot of musicians in their 50s, the best days are behind them. I'd like to try and show that there is a future. ~ Paul Weller
50 Best Homer quotes by Paul Weller
Rupenas At The Milwaukee Quotes «
» Dextran Eye Quotes