30 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 30.

Quotes About 30

Enjoy collection of 100 30 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 30. Righ click to see and save pictures of 30 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

All politicians lie;
some of them steal too.
30+ year Washington columnist ~ John A. McCormick
30 quotes by John A. McCormick
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING FOR RED VELVET SURPRISE CUPCAKES 4 ounces cream cheese (I used Philadelphia Brand in the rectangular silver package - half a package was 4 ounces) ¼ cup salted butter (½ stick, 2 ounces, pound) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups powdered sugar (pack it down in the cup when you measure it) Place the cream cheese and the butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. (I used a quart measuring cup.) Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir. If you can stir the cream cheese and the butter smooth, take the bowl out and put it on the counter. If it's still not soft enough to stir, microwave on HIGH in 20-second intervals until it is. Add the vanilla extract to your bowl and stir that in. Add the powdered sugar, a half-cup at a time, stirring after each addition. Continue to add powdered sugar until the frosting is spreadable, not runny. ~ Joanne Fluke
30 quotes by Joanne Fluke
Turning 30 was when my parents both got cancer and were fighting it and beat it, but their mortality started to get to me. Everything wasn't as hunky-dory like it was. ~ Darren Aronofsky
30 quotes by Darren Aronofsky
My task, as a member of this parliament and a 30-year member of the Australian Labor Party, as its former leader, as its former foreign minister and its former prime minister, is to now throw my every effort in securing Julia Gillard's re-election as Labor prime minister at the next election. ~ Kevin Rudd
30 quotes by Kevin Rudd
I didn't do a movie until I was almost 30. I'm grateful for that because it gave me a chance to be an adult in the world and do work in the regional theater that very few people cared about. I loved it and I wanted to do that stuff. ~ Annette Bening
30 quotes by Annette Bening
To secure the safety of the navigation of the Mississippi River I would slay millions. On that point I am not only insane, but mad ... I think I see one or two quick blows that will astonish the natives of the South and will convince them that, though to stand behind a big cottonwood and shoot at a passing boat is good sport and safe, it may still reach and kill their friends and families hundreds of miles off. For every bullet shot at a steamboat, I would shoot a thousand 30-pounder Parrots into even helpless towns on Red, Ouachita, Yazoo, or wherever a boat can float or soldier march. ~ William Tecumseh Sherman
30 quotes by William Tecumseh Sherman
In 1973, America imported 30 percent of its crude oil needs. Today, that number has doubled to more than 60 percent. Gas prices are as high as they are now in part because we've had no comprehensive national energy policy for the past few decades. ~ Gary Miller
30 quotes by Gary Miller
In the kitchen, I turn on a TV set that has hundreds of channels devoted to every conceivable subject including celebrity bunion removal (This week: David Hasselhoff). I tune in to one of the literally dozens of news shows, all of which feature a format of 55 percent celebrities promoting things, 30 percent emails from viewers, and 15 percent YouTube videos showing bears jumping on trampolines. While I'm catching up on these developments, I turn on the programmable coffeemaker, which I hope that someday, perhaps by attending community college, I will learn to program. ~ Dave Barry
30 quotes by Dave Barry
When I was young, I was 13 going on 31. Then when I was 30 going on 31, I was 30 going on 29. Now I'm in love and I've lost all sense of time - and all the rest of my sense. ~ Jarod Kintz
30 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Starting on February 1, 2010, and running through until May 30, I will be Toronto Public Library's Writer in Residence, working out of the Merril Collection of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Speculation at the Lillian H. Smith branch at College and Spadina. ~ Karl Schroeder
30 quotes by Karl Schroeder
If you're wondering why our children are so stupid now a days look no further than the American educational system. Designed to lower our standards and minds. Keeping kids dumb for over 30 years and counting. ~ Kenneth G. Ortiz
30 quotes by Kenneth G. Ortiz
When I was young, it was fun being in the locker room and shagging balls in the outfield in spring training. But I couldn't keep my attention on the games for more than 30 minutes. I would sit there with my Game Boy the whole game. ~ Shane Larkin
30 quotes by Shane Larkin
In the road ships must ride in 30, 40, or 50 fathom water, not above half a mile from the shore at farthest: and if there are many ships they must ride close one by another. ~ William Dampier
30 quotes by William Dampier
Let me tell you something: if you're on an island for three and a half months and you're four and a half hours by boat from the nearest store, and there's nobody but 30 crew members on the island, I guarantee that you'd be running around without your clothes on. ~ Christopher Atkins
30 quotes by Christopher Atkins
You're either a rationalist, or you're not. And the good news is a recent poll found 20% of adults under 30 say they are rationalists, and have figured out that Santa Claus and Jesus are really the same guy. Now, 20% is hardly a majority. But it's a bigger minority than blacks, jews, homosexuals, NRA members, teachers, or seniors ... and it's certainly enough to stop being shy about expressing the opinion that we're not the crazy ones! ~ Bill Maher
30 quotes by Bill Maher
If you start any large theory, such as quantum mechanics, plate tectonics, evolution, it takes about 40 years for mainstream science to come around. Gaia has been going for only 30 years or so. ~ James Lovelock
30 quotes by James Lovelock
I was a mixture of being incredibly old for my age and incredibly backwards. I was born quite old, but then I stopped growing. I lived with my mum and dad till I was 30. ~ Helena Bonham Carter
30 quotes by Helena Bonham Carter
There is no better teacher than history in determining the future... There are answers worth billions of dollars in 30$ history book. ~ Charles T. Munger
30 quotes by Charles T. Munger
If lifespan jumps by 30 or 40 years, that has enormous implications. ~ Joshua Lederberg
30 quotes by Joshua Lederberg
Ninety minutes of pure naughty (limit 30 minutes per customer). *No clones or triplets allowed! ~ Jarod Kintz
30 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I write in a very peculiar way. I think about a book for 25 or 30 years in a kind of inchoate way, and at one point or another, I realize the book is ready to be written. I usually have a character, a first line, and general idea of what the book is going to be about. ~ Charles McCarry
30 quotes by Charles McCarry
It wasn't very satisfying playing the big arenas, but it was good as far as a paycheck. But the sound was terrible, especially in hockey arenas - the sound would go on for 30 seconds after we quit playing. ~ Alvin Lee
30 quotes by Alvin Lee
We walked into my mother's house at 10:30 in the morning at the end of February 1992. I had been gone for three weeks. She had been so desperate about us - she, too, looked thin and haggard. She was stunned to see me walk in, filthy and crawling with lice, with a huge crowd of starving people.
We ate and drank clean water; then, before we even washed, I put Marian in a taxi with me and told the driver to go to Nairobi Hospital. We had no money left and I knew Nairobi Hospital was expensive; it was where I had been operated on when the ma'alim broke my skull. But I also knew that there they would help us first and ask to pay later. Saving the baby's life had become the only thing that mattered to me.
At the reception desk I announced, "This baby is going to die," and the nurse's eyes went wide with horror. She took him and put a drip in his arm, and very slowly, this tiny shape seemed to uncrumple slightly. After a little while, his eyes opened.
The nurse said, "The child will live," and told us to deal with the bill at the cash desk. I asked her who her director was, and found him, and told this middle-aged Indian doctor the whole story. I said I couldn't pay the bill. He took it and tore it up. He said it didn't matter. Then he told me how to look after the baby, and where to get rehydration salts, and we took a taxi home.
Ma paid for the taxi and looked at me, her eyes round with respect. "Well done," she said. It was a rare compliment.
In the next ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
30 quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
You know when you do 25 or 30 movies and people are still asking you how does it feel making the transition? you know youre not communicating correctly. ~ LL Cool J
30 quotes by LL Cool J
'Little Miss Sunshine' snowballed. It was a tiny movie. We shot it in 30 days, and it was really fun to do, but it was one of those small movies that you don't hold out huge hope for. ~ Greg Kinnear
30 quotes by Greg Kinnear
I've written something and I would like to have my first film directed by the time I'm 30. ~ Ryan Phillippe
30 quotes by Ryan Phillippe
It's like all guys want to do is make a dunk, grab their shirt and yell out and scream - they could be down 30 points but that's what they do. Okay, so you made a dunk. Get back down the floor on defense! ~ Oscar Robertson
30 quotes by Oscar Robertson
What is your probability of winning twice the New Jersey lottery? One in 17 trillion. Yet it happened to Evelyn Adams, whom the reader might guess should feel particularly chosen by destiny. Using the method we developed above, Harvard's Percy Diaconis and Frederick Mosteller estimated at 30 to 1 the probability that someone, somewhere, in a totally unspecified way, gets so lucky! ~ Fooled By Randomness Nassim Taleb
30 quotes by Fooled By Randomness Nassim Taleb
Andrew Carnegie loved libraries; he knew their importance to an educated society and as anchors to our communities. And so, just as some loyal baseball fans travel to attend games at all 30 major league stadiums, over the last decade or so, I have slowly, casually, visited Carnegie libraries whenever I am on the road. ~ Sam Weller
30 quotes by Sam Weller
Sometimes it can feel awkward going into the neighbors his houses. I mean, we really take over their world, not just a room is being read decorated. Participants give up so much control when you're on Trading Spaces. They have to let go of expectations they have for their own room, they have to let go of doing things their way and if seen their house is a home. To some degree, their houses become TV sets. We leave runners on the floor, we keep up with the trash, and we're careful, but there is only so much you can do when every room is filled with TV equipment or catering or make up or supplies, not to mention 20 to 30 people running in and out. And let's not forget the tablesaws, hammers, compressors, and a construction madness going on outside. ~ Paige Davis
30 quotes by Paige Davis
I used to go in at 5:30 or 6:00 so I could run. ~ Paul Begala
30 quotes by Paul Begala
I had 25 or 30 songs. Sequencing the record, I left that to the producer. I'm not into doing that stuff. ~ Jules Shear
30 quotes by Jules Shear
When I was 18, I thought that, to be a romantic, you couldn't live past 30. ~ David Bowie
30 quotes by David Bowie
The alarm rings 4:45, again at 5, but I wake up 4:30 naturally. Shower, shave, orange juice, perk my own coffee, hear the news, and the CBS car arrives 5:30. ~ Charlie Rose
30 quotes by Charlie Rose
If there is one place on the face of the earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.For more than 30 centuries, the tree of vision, with all its thousand branches and their millions of twigs, has sprung from this torrid land, the burning womb of the Gods. It renews itself tirelessly showing no signs of decay. ~ Romain Rolland
30 quotes by Romain Rolland
In the time that we're here today, more women and children will die violently in the Darfur region than in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Israel or Lebanon. So, after September 30, you won't need the UN - you will simply need men with shovels and bleached white linen and headstones. ~ George Clooney
30 quotes by George Clooney
But my system for over 30 years has been this: When stocks are attractive, you buy them. Sure, they can go lower. I've bought stocks at $12 that went to $2, but then they later went to $30. ~ Peter Lynch
30 quotes by Peter Lynch
It's estimated that about 30 percent of the increase in grain prices could be attributed to the decision to embrace biofuels, particularly corn-based ethanol. It has done nothing for climate change and the business is in real trouble now with the collapse of oil prices. It's completely dependent on a dollar subsidy and tariff from the government. ~ Michael Pollan
30 quotes by Michael Pollan
Scientists have proven that it's impossible to long-jump 30 feet, but I don't listen to that kind of talk. Thoughts like that have a way of sinking into your feet. ~ Carl Lewis
30 quotes by Carl Lewis
Believe me, if anybody has a job and starts at 9, there's no reason why they can't get up at 4:30 or five and write for a couple of hours, and give their employers their second-best effort of the day - which is what I did. ~ Mary Oliver
30 quotes by Mary Oliver
There are younger directors, and anybody over 30 is ancient to them, because they're not that old. ~ James Garner
30 quotes by James Garner
Give a man food, and he can eat for a day. Give a man a job, and he can only eat for 30 minutes on break. ~ Lev L. Spiro
30 quotes by Lev L. Spiro
There's a passage in John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" that does a pretty good job describing California's rainfall patterns:

The water came in a 30-year cycle. There would be five to six wet and wonderful years when there might be 19 to 25 inches of rain, and the land would shout with grass. Then would come six or seven pretty good years of 12 to 16 inches of rain. And then the dry years would come ... ~ John Steinbeck
30 quotes by John Steinbeck
Becoming emancipated at 14, my life wasn't normal. I didn't have to go to school, so I didn't. I was rebellious by nature. I spent my 20s focusing on my company, Flower Films, and producing movies. Now that I'm almost 30, I would like to try other things in lie. I'm crazy about photography, and I want to take an art history class. ~ Drew Barrymore
30 quotes by Drew Barrymore
I get to work at about 7:30 or 8 unless I have a breakfast meeting. ~ Donna Shalala
30 quotes by Donna Shalala
I definitely got to a point where I realize how unusual it is to be able to play large, sold-out shows 30 years into a rock and roll career. I don't take it for granted. ~ Adam Clayton
30 quotes by Adam Clayton
Ideally, I would love to mix singing and acting, but you can only be a pop star for so many years. I mean, at 30 it's a little bit sad, right? ~ Rachel Stevens
30 quotes by Rachel Stevens
If I'm not at my study by 10:00, 10:30, forget it, I can't write a word. ~ Peter O'Toole
30 quotes by Peter O'Toole
Satriani's Law: There's at least a 30% chance that someone will print the name Satriani incorrectly ~ Joe Satriani
30 quotes by Joe Satriani
Jewish resistance in Warsaw was not only about the dignity of the Jews but about the dignity of humanity as such, including those of the Poles, the British, the Americans, the Soviets: of everyone who could have done more, and instead did less.30 ~ Timothy Snyder
30 quotes by Timothy Snyder
I've taken a lot of time to build up the name Flavor Flav, but this could come tumbling down in 30 seconds. If you want to keep what you worked for hard all your life, then you got to do the right thing in your life. ~ Flavor Flav
30 quotes by Flavor Flav
I remember Secretary of State [George] Shultz one day saying that America is an economic model for the world. I replied to him that America represents 5 percent of the world's population and consumes 30 percent of the world's energy. What if everyone in the world lives like Americans? Where do we get the energy for this standard of living? ~ Mikhail Gorbachev
30 quotes by Mikhail Gorbachev
When I turned 30, I realized how ignorant I really was. I always thought I had a very accomplished life. ~ Diane Kruger
30 quotes by Diane Kruger
Under President (George W.) Bush, prosecution of gun crimes was 30 percent higher than it is under President Obama. ~ Ted Cruz
30 quotes by Ted Cruz
nurse woke me at 4:30 a.m. on November 1, 1962, to announce the messiah had been wrapped in swaddling and was christened Anthony Kiedis. ~ Blackie Dammett
30 quotes by Blackie Dammett
Certainly we're going to continue to see those commercials that I call 30-second drive-by shootings. And they're going to have a lot of money to do it. But we're going to combat it. ~ Tom Barrett
30 quotes by Tom Barrett
In the 30 years of my career, I have explored all possible mediums, except radio. ~ Kabir Bedi
30 quotes by Kabir Bedi
Growing up, we had 30, 40, 50 people coming through the house some Thanksgivings. Sometimes there was a kids' table; other times, the plate was just sitting on your lap. You get in where you fit in at that house. ~ Michael Strahan
30 quotes by Michael Strahan
I can remember back to my early tour days when some fellows didn't think I'd last too long. Nothing physical - they said it was my swing. Some said it was too much of a 'muscle swing' to stand the test of time. One fellow predicted I wouldn't get past 30 out there. ~ Arnold Palmer
30 quotes by Arnold Palmer
John Hughes made a certain type of high school movie, and then it stayed static for 30 years. The only thing that changed was that maybe it was found footage or maybe it's a little snarkier, but the actual language that kids live in today, like with texting, motion graphics, the internet and that whole hashtag culture doesn't exist in movies today. It's left on the floor. ~ Joseph M. Kahn
30 quotes by Joseph M. Kahn
I had my success too soon. Three books published with Scribner's in New York before I was 30. ~ Morley Callaghan
30 quotes by Morley Callaghan
Danny should have been elated: Everything they had thought might happen was now happening. He wasn't elated, however; he was anxious. At 10:30, an hour into trading, every financial stock went into a free fall, whether it deserved to or not. "All this information goes through me," he said. "I'm supposed to know how to transmit information. Prices were moving so quickly I couldn't get a fix. It felt like a black hole. The abyss." It ~ Michael Lewis
30 quotes by Michael Lewis
You have had presidential candidates over the last 30 years who would have had a very hard time getting nominated under the old system. One example is John Kennedy. ~ Michael Beschloss
30 quotes by Michael Beschloss
I wanted to lose 30 pounds healthfully and still be able to enjoy my college experience. Having succeeded in doing just that, I wanted to share my experiences with others who could benefit from my direct knowledge of the difficulty of trying to balance college life with being healthy. It became a journey about healthy lifestyle choices, including tips and tricks for creating a new relationship with food where I was in control and could learn to love food healthfully again. ~ Daphne Oz
30 quotes by Daphne Oz
FDR created today's 30 percent coalition. Obama wants to finish the job by turning it into a permanent ruling majority. There's nothing new about the Obama Narrative. It is the FDR Narrative on steroids. It is intended to lead to greater statism and political gain. ~ Arthur C. Brooks
30 quotes by Arthur C. Brooks
There's an issue with the Medicare doctor reimbursement rates where at the end of the year every doctor that folks in this country use that provide Medicare services is going to get a 30 percent salary cut. ~ Kevin Yoder
30 quotes by Kevin Yoder
Rich dad
thought it best to go broke before 30.
"You still have time to recover". ~ Robert T. Kiyosaki
30 quotes by Robert T. Kiyosaki
I'm often asked, 'What is your favorite moment during the 30 years you hosted The Tonight Show?' I really don't have just one. The times I enjoyed the most were the spontaneous, unplanned segments that just happened, like Ed Ames' infamous 'Tomahawk Toss' that produced one of the longest laughs in television history. When these lucky moments happen, you just go with them and enjoy the experience and high of the moment. ~ Johnny Carson
30 quotes by Johnny Carson
Every 30 seconds, it transmitted portions of [a Chopin Polonaise] to tell the world that the capital was still in Polish hands. Angered by the unexpected setback, the German High Command decided to pound the stubborn citadel into submission. In round-the-clock raids, bombers knocked out flourmills, gasworks, power plants and reservoirs, then sowed the residential areas with incendiaries. One witness, passing scenes of carnage, enumerated the horrors: 'Everywhere corpses, wounded humans, dead horses . . . and hastily-dug graves.' . . . Finally food ran out, and famished Poles, as one man put it, 'cut off flesh as soon as a horse fell, leaving only the skeleton.' On September 28, Warsaw Radio replaced the polonaise with a funeral dirge.15 ~ Norman Davies
30 quotes by Norman Davies
She had streaked blonde hair, long and straight, parted in the middle framing high cheek bones, an aquiline nose and beautiful deep blue eyes. She was young, around 30, tall and lithe with a good body, athletic, not skinny. She wore a sleeveless black dress that exposed her toned arms and shoulders, indicating regular workouts or yoga. There was a hint of vein running the length of her lean muscle. This girl stood out like an arabian in a corral full of draft horses. ~ Nick Hahn
30 quotes by Nick Hahn
We really kind of pioneered a technology here at Fossil Rim where we use ultrasound on both our white rhinos and black rhinos and we can even document pregnancy in animals at about 30 days. ~ Bruce Williams
30 quotes by Bruce Williams
I've experienced tons of failure. I've been making music for 30 years, and I'd say failure and success have happened in equal measure. ~ Moby
30 quotes by Moby
In the United States, liberals have made it virtually impossible [to increase the supply of oil] by banning drilling in all sorts of places and preventing any new refinery from being built anywhere in the country in the last 30 years. ~ Thomas Sowell
30 quotes by Thomas Sowell
I would try doing a dish 30 different ways. ~ Heston Blumenthal
30 quotes by Heston Blumenthal
Eventually I found it had been working all along-but didn't show anything on screen until it had the first full page of text. I inserted 30 new lines, and suddenly my toy said 'hEllO woRlD'. An hour later I understood alphabet shifting rather better! ~ Graham Nelson
30 quotes by Graham Nelson
I know they say (Stalin) killed 20, 30, 40 million people. It's bullsh*t. (I have yet to find) one crime that Stalin committed. ~ Grover Furr
30 quotes by Grover Furr
I once dated a guy who was like, 'Holy sh
, I just made out with Harriet the Spy!' And that's messed up. Don't say that. I was 10, you're 30, it's just weird. ~ Michelle Trachtenberg
30 quotes by Michelle Trachtenberg
The education system is where young skulls full of mush are programmed and propagandized into the system. They are highly valuable. That's why they're subsidized. You know, universities are approaching the same circumstance we have in health care. What it costs is not related at all to market forces. Meaning what it costs is not related to what people can afford. You get right down to it, how many Americans, how many families can afford 20,000, 30,000, $50,000 a year or semester to send their kids off to college? It has to be subsidized. ~ Rush Limbaugh
30 quotes by Rush Limbaugh
There is still quite a lot of life out there, but it is mostly very small. According to a wildlife census by an ecologist at the University of Illinois named V. E. Shelford, a typical ten-square-mile block of eastern American forest holds almost 300,000 mammals - 220,000 mice and other small rodents, 63,500 squirrels and chipmunks, 470 deer, 30 foxes, and 5 black bears. ~ Bill Bryson
30 quotes by Bill Bryson
29 And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. 30 Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus. ~ Anonymous
30 quotes by Anonymous
A girl can talk about my nose, my teeth or my accent - anything that gets a conversation going is fine with me. It is weird, though, the way women respond to my body. Maybe 50 percent respond positively right away, while another 25 or 30 percent need a while to adjust to my size and to realize that ordinarily my muscles are soft, just like anyone's, only bigger. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
30 quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
I remember the first day I got there, they started the take and after four takes I was on the ground, on my back, with a banana and a Twizzler in my hand, and my face was green, and they said, "You can't get back on set for another 30 minutes." That was a, "Welcome to Atlanta," and that put everything in perspective. ~ Steven Yeun
30 quotes by Steven Yeun
I mean, I spent 30 years in the world of physical perfection, right? I've known most of the world's most perfect physical specimens over the course of the last 30 years. ~ Jim Lampley
30 quotes by Jim Lampley
On average, animals that eat 30 percent fewer calories live 30 percent longer. This has been amply demonstrated with yeast cells, worms, insects, mice and rats, dogs and cats, and now primates. In fact, it is the only method that is universally accepted by scientists to alter the life span of all animals that have been tested so far. ~ Michio Kaku
30 quotes by Michio Kaku
While personal income in the U.S. more than doubled between i 96o and the 19gos in constant dollars, the proportion of people saying they are very happy remained a steady 30 percent. One conclusion that the findings seem to justify is that beyond the threshold of poverty, additional resources do not appreciably improve the chances of being happy. ~ Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
30 quotes by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
There is something self-destructive about Western technology and distribution. Whenever any consumer object is so excellent that it attracts a devoted following, some of the slide rule and computer types come in on their twinkle toes and take over the store, and in a trice they figure out just how far they can cut quality and still increase market penetration. Their reasoning is that it is idiotic to make and sell a hundred thousand units of something and make 30 cents a unit when you can increase the advertising, sell five million units, and make a nickel profit a unit. Thus, the very good things of the world go down the drain, from honest turkey to honest eggs to honest tomatoes. And gin. ~ John D. MacDonald
30 quotes by John D. MacDonald
There may be a sucker born every minute, but every 30 seconds a lollipop pops out. ~ Jarod Kintz
30 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I've made 30 movies and for the most part my movies work. In a business where success is an exception and not the rule, I've mostly been successful. ~ Eddie Murphy
30 quotes by Eddie Murphy
The submissive will make it through to that final scene, for the word of God will lead the man and woman of Christ "in a straight and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery ... and land their souls ... at the right hand of God in the kingdom, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers" (Helaman 3:30) "who have been ever since the world began ... to go no more out." ~ Neal A. Maxwell
30 quotes by Neal A. Maxwell
By the time this concert ends this evening, 30,000 Africans will have died because of extreme poverty. By this time tomorrow evening, another 30,000. This does not make sense. ~ Brad Pitt
30 quotes by Brad Pitt
I know that in the United States we consume between 25 and 30 percent of the world's resources, whereas we comprise less than 5 percent of the world's population. That type of injustice has to be backed up by brute force. ~ Beatrice Ekwa Ekoko
30 quotes by Beatrice Ekwa Ekoko
Nothing changed in my life since I work all the time," Pamuk said then. "I've spent 30 years writing fiction. For the first 10 years I worried about money and no one asked me how much money I made. The second decade I spent money and no one was asking me about that. And I've spent the last 10 years with everyone expecting to hear how I spend the money, which I will not do. ~ Orhan Pamuk
30 quotes by Orhan Pamuk
The incontrovertible evidence is that Hitler ordered on November 30, 1941, that there was to be 'no liquidation of the Jews.' ~ David Irving
30 quotes by David Irving
I binge write. I think it's because I started seriously writing by participating in National Novel Writing Month, an online-based challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days. ~ Erin Morgenstern
30 quotes by Erin Morgenstern
You can't convince yourself! You either believe or you don't believe." (28)

"She say you ask weird questions, but I say you're student, you supposed to ask! Her job to answer! I say you're lazy, if student ask, you answer!"
"Yeah! She told me my real great-grandparents are these white people named Adan and Eve!"
"Bullshit! But hey, Ciao Wen, be smart. Why you argue with her about that? You know they believe this stuff, just let them believe."
"But she told me I was going to Hell if I didn't believe and told me to ask God into my heart!"
""Ha, ha, yeah, she told me, too, think she do something soo good to help you. Whatever. You know it's lies, let those idiots believe. Just focus on real school. Don't be stupid and fight them, you'll lose." (30) ~ Eddie Huang
30 quotes by Eddie Huang
Even now, more than 30 years later, I still judge people on the basis of whether they voted for Jack Kennedy in 1960, or for Richard Nixon ... Those bastards are scarred forever, and I'm not. At least not for that. Hell, it was an honor to be able to vote against Richard Nixon - and it will be an honor on November 3 [1992] to vote against George Bush and everything he stands for. ~ Hunter S. Thompson
30 quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
You can look at history of these things, and Social Security wasn't devised to be a system that supported you for a 30-year retirement after a 25-year career ... So there will be things that, you know, the retirement age has to be changed, maybe some of the benefits have to be affected, maybe some of the inflation adjustments have to be revised. ~ Lloyd Blankfein
30 quotes by Lloyd Blankfein
As from the 1970's onward, digital code started to drive the global economy, now life code is beginning to be the fundamental driver of the global economy over the next 10, 20, 30 years. ~ Juan Enriquez
30 quotes by Juan Enriquez
thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel; which is very easily done with a bar of iron; and, when it is done, the pieces can never be put together again: so that by the metaphor is signified the easy and irreparable ruin of the wicked; see Isa 30:14. The word signifies that they should be so crumbled into dust, that they should be scattered about as with the wind; which, so far as it relates to the Jews, was fulfilled in their destruction by the Romans, and will have its accomplishment in the antichristian nations at the latter day; see Rev 2:26. ~ John Gill
30 quotes by John Gill
When I first got pregnant, I freaked out. Then I had to remind myself: I'm turning 30. ~ Melissa Joan Hart
30 quotes by Melissa Joan Hart
Pierce Quotes «
» 30 Pieces Of Silver Quotes