1955 Corvette Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1955 Corvette.

Quotes About 1955 Corvette

Enjoy collection of 46 1955 Corvette quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1955 Corvette. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1955 Corvette quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

If it tastes good, spit it out. All those cakes and pies and candy and ice cream
all that terrible fast food stuff! I just bought a new corvette sports car ... would I put oil in the gas tank? Would I? ~ Jack LaLanne
1955 Corvette quotes by Jack LaLanne
It was a lot of fun working with J.J. Abrams. He got me to drive a Corvette, which was pretty awesome, and jumping out of it was even cooler. ~ Jimmy Bennett
1955 Corvette quotes by Jimmy Bennett
Khalil, that night, and that cop. It's about way more than that though. It's about Seven. Sekani. Kenya. DeVante. It's also about Oscar. Aiyana. Trayvon. Rekia. Michael. Eric. Tamir. John. Ezell. Sandra. Freddie. Alton. Philando. It's even about that little boy in 1955 who nobody recognized at first--Emmett. The messed-up part? There are so many more. Yet I think it'll change one day. How? I don't know. When? I definitely don't know. Why? Because there will alway be someone ready to fight. Maybe it's my turn. ~ Angie Thomas
1955 Corvette quotes by Angie Thomas
Early in 1955 Flannery completed work on her second book, a collection of these stories which she entitled A Good Man Is Hard to Find. In January we sent it to press, having set publication for June. I remember our amusement at Evelyn Waugh's reaction to the advance proofs we sent him: If these stories are in fact the work of a young lady, they are indeed remarkable. ~ Flannery O'Connor
1955 Corvette quotes by Flannery O'Connor
An unexpected but important additional advantage of living in Kampung Jawa in this respect was the presence nearby, established as recently as 1955, of the Muslim College, Malaya's first national tertiary institution of Islamic higher education. I was able to use its small library, and came to know well Dr Muhammad Abdul Ra'uf and Dr Muhammad Zaki Badawi, Egyptians engaged to lead the college who also taught at the University of Malaya and later became prominent Muslim intellectuals in the United States and Britain respectively. Along with other members of staff, including the charismatic Pan-Malayan Islamic Party politician Dr Zulkifli Muhammad, they did much to extend my knowledge of Islamic education and wider Muslim issues. ~ William R. Roff
1955 Corvette quotes by William R. Roff
Demetrie came to wait on my grandmother in 1955 and stayed for 32 years. It was common, in Mississippi, to have a black domestic cleaning the kitchen, cooking the meals, looking after the white children. ~ Kathryn Stockett
1955 Corvette quotes by Kathryn Stockett
He (Rico) moved to look at the speedometer.
"Come on, Olivia. The speed limit is 70. You're doing 95, and this car is ticket bait. I don't want to risk getting stopped."
"I'm traveling with the flow. This is I-95. If I go the speed limit I'll stand out."
He scowled.
"Okay." She slowed the Corvette.
"Thanks," he muttered. "You always drive like this?"
"Yep, I grew up in Texas. Speed limits there are only a suggestion. ~ Rita Henuber
1955 Corvette quotes by Rita Henuber
In March 1955, Powell called for a boycott of Harlem savings banks that "practice 'Jim Crow-ism' and 'economic lynching.'" He urged Abyssinian Baptist Church's fifteen thousand members to withdraw their funds from white-woned banks and transfer them to either the black-owned Carver Federal Savings in Harlem or the black-owned Tri-State Bank in Memphis, Tennessee (108). ~ Manning Marable
1955 Corvette quotes by Manning Marable
The man you married is yours to have and to hold for the rest of ever, even if he starts chewing tobacco or decides to pierce his hairy nipple and buy a Corvette, because you very plainly said - or at least implied - you were in it for better or for worse. ~ Jenna McCarthy
1955 Corvette quotes by Jenna McCarthy
General Atomics, the progenitor of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, started life in 1955 when a major military contractor, General Dynamics, feared that the military hardware market might dry up. It began exploring peacetime uses of atomic energy, but abandoned the effort when cold-war military spending took off. ~ Charles Duhigg
1955 Corvette quotes by Charles Duhigg
I started ice-skating when I was about 12 or 13 and I was selected in the Australian team for ice hockey. I met my wife at St Moritz Ice Skating about 1955. ~ Lindsay Fox
1955 Corvette quotes by Lindsay Fox
I wrote my first book, I published it in 1955, it was in Jiddish and it was called And The World Was Silent. ~ Elie Wiesel
1955 Corvette quotes by Elie Wiesel
The operation of the Church is entirely set up for the sinner; which creates much misunderstanding among the smug.
(August 9, 1955) ~ Flannery O'Connor
1955 Corvette quotes by Flannery O'Connor
I used to play - when I first started trying to be professional, I disk jockey from 1949 to 1955 in Memphis, Tennessee, and I was quite popular there as a disk jockey. ~ B.B. King
1955 Corvette quotes by B.B. King
Most people in America, if not the world, would agree that every advance involves some sacrifice. In fact, a common sports adage proclaims: "No pain, no gain." In other words, progress is always accompanied by a certain amount of loss. This concept is illustrated throughout history, literature and personal experience. One compelling illustration that some bad always accompanies some good is demonstrated in the Civil Rights movement. In 1955 Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white person. Although she was arrested and jailed, her brave efforts inspired the Montgomery Bus Boycott which ~ Tom Clements
1955 Corvette quotes by Tom Clements
Vic Wertz once hit a ball rather famously that was later described as such: 'It would have been a home run in any other park - including Yellowstone.' Instead, he's remembered as the guy who got robbed by Willie Mays' spectacular catch during the 1954 World Series between the Indians and the Giants, a play that remains one of the game's all-time greatest defensive efforts. What people often forget about Wertz is that his greatest battle wasn't that one at bat, and that one out never defined his career. He was stricken with polio in 1955, and after 74 games his season was over and his career was hanging in the balance. 'The Catch' by Willie Mays couldn't keep him down, and neither could polio - he came back in 1956, and despite playing in only 136 games he belted 32 home runs with 106 RBIs. ~ Tucker Elliot
1955 Corvette quotes by Tucker Elliot
It was surprisingly crowded, a bunch of middle-aged people, mostly women, moving enthusiastically, if a bit awkwardly, to Prince's "Little Red Corvette," trying to find a way back to their younger, more limber selves. ~ Tom Perrotta
1955 Corvette quotes by Tom Perrotta
Since 1955 the oceans have absorbed roughly twenty times more heat than the atmosphere. ~ Joseph J. Romm
1955 Corvette quotes by Joseph J. Romm
As a little boy, my first job was delivering newspapers, and then I had a variety of different jobs. I worked in a butcher shop. I worked in a supermarket. I worked in construction. I dug ditches on the Long Island Expressway in 1954, 1955, 1956. ~ Kenneth Langone
1955 Corvette quotes by Kenneth Langone
and she had been unable to have any. So by 1955, after nine years of marriage, they were looking to adopt a child. ~ Walter Isaacson
1955 Corvette quotes by Walter Isaacson
My first song was Hula Hoop Song, in 1955. It was a novelty song. I had to find someway to reach out and it was with a novelty song. Now, all of my recording obligations have been taken care of. I made 14 albums for Warner Brothers. Five for United Artist before that. ~ Gordon Lightfoot
1955 Corvette quotes by Gordon Lightfoot
In 1905, when you went motoring, you took your mechanic. Twenty-five years later, mass production revolutionized the role of the automobile, but buying a Ford wouldn't have made sense if everyone still needed a mechanic on board. In 1955, when you used your computer, you took your programmer. Twenty-five years later, mass production revolutionized the role of the computer, but buying a micro wouldn't have made sense if everyone still needed a programmer. ~ Gerald Weinberg
1955 Corvette quotes by Gerald Weinberg
You got to realise that when I was 20 years old, I had a house, a Mercedes, a Corvette and a million dollars in the bank before I could buy alcohol legally. ~ Dr. Dre
1955 Corvette quotes by Dr. Dre
It's also about Oscar.
Aiyana.
Trayvon.
Rekia.
Michael.
Eric.
Tamir.
John.
Ezell.
Sandra.
Freddie.
Alton.
Philando.
It's even about that little boy in 1955 who nobody recognized at first - Emmett. ~ Angie Thomas
1955 Corvette quotes by Angie Thomas
The longing for improvement and the fear of waste and worse - it is a pattern still with us, and maybe it speaks to the medium's essential marriage of light and dark, or as Mary Pickford put it in her autobiography (published in 1955), Sunshine and Shadow. Light and dark were the elements of film, and they had their chemistry in film's emulsion. They had a moral meaning, too. But not everyone appreciated that prospect, or credited how it might make your fortune. ~ David Thomson
1955 Corvette quotes by David Thomson
When they got back in the Corvette, Gretel fished around in her shopping bad. "What is this?"
She had chosen a black tank suit, but somehow a pink bikini had wound up among her purchases.
"Don't be mad," Margot pleaded.
"I'm not wearing this." Gretel tossed the bikini back in the bag. All the same, she couldn't help but notice the fabric was the same exact shade as the palest climbing roses. The tint of seashells on a deserted beach, or the mouth of someone you might want to kiss. ~ Alice Hoffman
1955 Corvette quotes by Alice Hoffman
There are races and then there are races. And without a doubt, the Indy 500 is the race that I've always wanted to attend. And now, to be driving the Corvette Pace Car ... this is going to be unbelievable. ~ Guy Fieri
1955 Corvette quotes by Guy Fieri
My doctor is wonderful. Once, in 1955, when I couldn't afford an operation, he touched up the X-rays. ~ Joey Bishop
1955 Corvette quotes by Joey Bishop
Reathing secondhand smoke, being subject to unfair dairy pricing, and not being able to mime (or lap dance), though they are all tragic, tragic injustices, are not quite as bad as the systematic segregation of public transportation based on skin color. And while fighting for your right to lap dance and mime and breathe just regular pollution is a very fine, very American idea, it is not quite as brave as being middle-aged black woman in Alabama in 1955 telling a white man she's not giving him her seat despite the fact that the law requires her to do so. ~ Sarah Vowell
1955 Corvette quotes by Sarah Vowell
Woman, you got a mouth on you."

"It's not 1955 any longer. Women swear as much as men."

"I miss women who talk about women things."

"You're changing the subject. Keep it up and I'll talk about my period. That's a woman thing. ~ Edie Ramer
1955 Corvette quotes by Edie Ramer
The average Mexican lives longer now than the average Briton did in 1955. Infant mortality is lower today in Nepal than it was in Italy in 1951. The proportion of Vietnamese living on less than $2 a day has dropped from 90 per cent to 30 per cent in twenty years. The rich have got richer, but the poor have done even better. ~ Matt Ridley
1955 Corvette quotes by Matt Ridley
There was a date beneath the image: 1955. I realized that Mother had been four years old in 1955, and with that realization, the distance between me and Emmett Till collapsed. My proximity to this murdered boy could be measured in the lives of people I knew. The calculation was not made with reference to vast historical or geological shifts--the fall of civilizations, the erosion of mountains. It was measured in the wrinkling of human flesh. In the lines on my mother's face. ~ Tara Westover
1955 Corvette quotes by Tara Westover
OK, so my parents were married in 1955 and my mom knew my dad was gay and my dad knew he was gay and so I was, like, 'Why in the heck did you get married?' Like, what was going on? What was that time? It's like this crazy paradox that my whole life is based on, or my family's based on. So I spent a lot of time trying to understand '55. ~ Mike Mills
1955 Corvette quotes by Mike Mills
Elvis came along when I was 10. My father gave me a bass ukulele. I taught myself how to play from a book to play some chords, so I was laying down 'Hound Dog' and things like that when I was 10 years old in 1955. That's the way I was. My ear was glued to the radio. I knew right then what I wanted to do. ~ Bob Seger
1955 Corvette quotes by Bob Seger
I'm a hybrid-genre person, which a lot of people find confusing. I grew up listening to American country music and rock n' roll made between 1955 and 1959. The Everly Brothers and Chuck Berry were my first musical loves and are still what I am most moved by. Roy Orbison came a little bit later. ~ Teddy Thompson
1955 Corvette quotes by Teddy Thompson
In the same decades that saw the rise of mass incarceration, the number of beds available in state mental hospitals across the country dropped from 339 beds per 100,000 people in 1955 to under 20 beds per 100,000 people by 2015. There are now ten times as many mentally ill people in our prisons and jails as there are in state mental institutions. ~ Peter Edelman
1955 Corvette quotes by Peter Edelman
If you were a kid in 1955, you would pick up a copy of 'Popular Science' and it would say, 'This is the kind of car you're going to be driving in five years or in 20 years you'll be able to take a jet plane from New York to London in four hours,' or something like that. We actually got used to the idea that the future's going to be different. ~ David Gerrold
1955 Corvette quotes by David Gerrold
At the beginning of 1955 only about 60 percent of American homes had TVs. ~ Annette Funicello
1955 Corvette quotes by Annette Funicello
His last years were beset with financial troubles; he drank heavily; he wrote to Chughtai on more than one occasion, pleading with her to find a way for him to come back to India. She was surprised to learn that far from large protests and signed declarations on his behalf, many in Pakistan felt he deserved to be punished. He died on January 18, 1955 in Lahore at the age of forty two. ~ Saadat Hasan Manto
1955 Corvette quotes by Saadat Hasan Manto
I married a young Englishman in Cambridge in 1955 and have lived in Britain every since. ~ Anne Stevenson
1955 Corvette quotes by Anne Stevenson
I put my Corvette in the carport, and met him at the kitchen door. Pike said, "Nice eye." No hello, no hey, are you all right? "Clark do that?" You can always count on your friends for humor. ~ Robert Crais
1955 Corvette quotes by Robert Crais
When I heard Monk in person in 1955, he was playing with a quartet in a small club. The place was full of musicians, but there was no public at all. ~ Steve Lacy
1955 Corvette quotes by Steve Lacy
I met a lot of things on the way that astonished me. Tom Bombadil I knew already; but I had never been to Bree. Strider sitting in the corner at the inn was a shock, and I had no more idea who he was than had Frodo. The Mines of Moria had been a mere name; and of Lothloriene no word had reached my mortal ears till I came there. Far away I knew there were the Horselords on the confines of an ancient Kingdom of Men, but Fanghorn Forest was an unforeseen adventure. I had never heard of the House of Eorl nor of the Stewards of Gondor. Most disquieting of all, Saruman had never been revealed to me, and I was as mystefied as Frodo at Gandalf's failure to appear on September 22.
J.R.R. Tolkien, in a letter to W.H. Auden, June 7, 1955 ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
1955 Corvette quotes by J.R.R. Tolkien
Left to my own vices, all I would own is a Corvette, and it would be broken down. ~ Bill Engvall
1955 Corvette quotes by Bill Engvall
I attended Amherst College from 1951 to 1955. The first two years were a revelation. There were innumerable exchanges with brilliant classmates, among them the playwright Ralph Allen, the classics scholar Robert Fagles, and the composer Michael Sahl. ~ Edmund Phelps
1955 Corvette quotes by Edmund Phelps
In 1955 flying was much more dangerous than it is now, but there was a party atmosphere aboard long flights and everyone enjoyed the ever-flowing drinks and food. Smoking was the norm and it didn't take long before the cabin was full of smoke. The stewardesses were friendly and I can remember some that were very friendly.

I don't remember much about my time in Lisbon because, before I knew it, we were in the air again heading south across the ocean to the vastness of the North African desert. The light yellow sand under us in Morocco and the Spanish Sahara was endless. The fine sand went from the barren coastal surf and endless miles of beautiful beaches, inland as far as the eye could see.

After a time I saw what I believed, at the time, to be a radio relay station located out on a desolate sand spit near Villa Bens. It was only later that I found out that it was Castelo de Tarfaya, a small fortification on the North African coast. Tarfaya was occupied by the British in 1882, when they established a trading post called Casa del Mar. This forgotten part of the world is now in the southern part of Morocco. ~ Captain Hank Bracker, "Seawater Two...."
1955 Corvette quotes by Captain Hank Bracker,
Authement Pools Quotes «
» Early Morning Work Quotes