1954 World Series Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1954 World Series.

Quotes About 1954 World Series

Enjoy collection of 31 1954 World Series quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1954 World Series. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1954 World Series quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Vic Wertz once hit a ball rather famously that was later described as such: 'It would have been a home run in any other park - including Yellowstone.' Instead, he's remembered as the guy who got robbed by Willie Mays' spectacular catch during the 1954 World Series between the Indians and the Giants, a play that remains one of the game's all-time greatest defensive efforts. What people often forget about Wertz is that his greatest battle wasn't that one at bat, and that one out never defined his career. He was stricken with polio in 1955, and after 74 games his season was over and his career was hanging in the balance. 'The Catch' by Willie Mays couldn't keep him down, and neither could polio - he came back in 1956, and despite playing in only 136 games he belted 32 home runs with 106 RBIs. ~ Tucker Elliot
1954 World Series quotes by Tucker Elliot
I did the 1972 Sapporo Games, and I was also the Reds announcer and was folded into the NBC coverage for the 1972 World Series. I also did the 1979 World Series for ABC. ~ Al Michaels
1954 World Series quotes by Al Michaels
World series attitude, champagne bottle life, nothing ever changes so tonight is like tomorrow night. ~ Drake
1954 World Series quotes by Drake
You can keep going on and on about the interactions of people, which makes it a great drama and great event, and you'll always hold that special, but if you're looking at a baseball moment, the feeling you get when you win the World Series by far exceeds anything else in the game that you're able to do. ~ Cal Ripken, Jr.
1954 World Series quotes by Cal Ripken, Jr.
To understand the universe, our world, and all life in the world, you have to step out of time, which for living humanity is not an option, because we are a part of this painting, characters within it, able to perceive it only as a continuing series of events, episodes. However, because we are conscious creatures with the gift of reason, we can seek and learn and extrapolate from what we learn, and conceive the truth. ~ Dean Koontz
1954 World Series quotes by Dean Koontz
Genius and science have burst the limits of space, and few observations, explained by just reasoning, have unveiled the mechanism of the universe. Would it not also be glorious for man to burst the limits of time, and, by a few observations, to ascertain the history of this world, and the series of events which preceded the birth of the human race? ~ Georges Cuvier
1954 World Series quotes by Georges Cuvier
The Tale of Human Evolution

The subject most often brought up by advocates of the
theory of evolution is the subject of the origin of man.

The Darwinist claim holds that modern man evolved from ape-like
creatures. During this alleged evolutionary process, which is
supposed to have started 4-5 million years ago, some "transitional
forms" between modern man and his ancestors are
supposed to have existed. According to this completely
imaginary scenario, four basic "categories" are listed:

1. Australopithecus
2. Homo habilis
3. Homo erectus
4. Homo sapiens

Evolutionists call man's so-called first ape-like ancestors
Australopithecus, which means "South African ape."

These living beings are actually nothing but an old ape
species that has become extinct.

Extensive research done on various Australopithecus specimens by two world famous anatomists from England and the USA, namely,
Lord Solly Zuckerman and Prof. Charles Oxnard, shows
that these apes belonged to an ordinary ape species that
became extinct and bore no resemblance to humans.

Evolutionists classify the next stage of human evolution
as "homo," that is "man." According to their claim, the living
beings in the Homo series are more developed than
Australopithecus. Evolutionists devise a fanciful evolution
scheme by arranging different fossils of these creature ~ Harun Yahya
1954 World Series quotes by Harun Yahya
Going to Omaha for the College World Series - the people there are tremendous - huge crowds and a lot of excitement. I still remember those days - you make a lot of friends that you never forget when you win a championship like that. ~ Roger Clemens
1954 World Series quotes by Roger Clemens
Forget everything that surrounds you. Think that there's just you and me in this wide world. ~ Olga Goa
1954 World Series quotes by Olga Goa
Where the blue water began, I could not guess. It stretched out far enough to reach and touch the sky. The contrasting blues of the two vast expanses did not meld together, kept apart by a line that rimmed the world, a horizon line that perhaps prevented the water from rising into the heavens and the sky from draining into the sea. ~ Michael Puttonen
1954 World Series quotes by Michael Puttonen
I rooted for the Milwaukee Brewers and its stars, Robin Yount and Paul Molitor. I went to a lot of games, including the World Series in 1982. The Brewers may have been a bad team for most of my life, but to have your team at its peak when you are thirteen years old is an experience I wish for every fan. ~ David Einhorn
1954 World Series quotes by David Einhorn
That was my heart and that was my passion. All I ever wanted to do is wrestle. I never wanted to pitch in Game Seven of the World Series, I never wanted to throw the touchdown in the Superbowl, I wanted to wrestle ... Be a professional wrestler. ~ Tommy Dreamer
1954 World Series quotes by Tommy Dreamer
In New York, the Mets are winning the World Series in 1969; that was pretty big, but I would say the moon landing was right up there with the Mets in the World Series. So it made a, a big impression on me as a little kid. ~ Michael J. Massimino
1954 World Series quotes by Michael J. Massimino
2004 was a great year for Boston! The Patriots won the Super Bowl! Boston hosted its first national political convention! And - the Red Sox won the World Series! ~ Thomas Menino
1954 World Series quotes by Thomas Menino
As far as many statistical series that are related to activities of mankind are concerned, the date that divides human history into two equal parts is well within living memory. The world of today is as different from the world I was born in as that world was from Julius Caesar s. I was born in the middle of human history, to date, roughly. Almost as much has happened since I was born as happened before. ~ Kenneth E. Boulding
1954 World Series quotes by Kenneth E. Boulding
Our biggest art forms are film and television, and there hasn't been a great film about 9/11 yet, nor has there been a great television series. Something like The Wire gives us a rich and fully achieved picture of the wasteful, cruel War on Drugs; something like The White Ribbon gives a perspective on World War I that could only have been presented long after the event itself. ~ Teju Cole
1954 World Series quotes by Teju Cole
[ 1600 Penn] is an ensemble comedy about a family. It just happens to utilize the fact that my character is now being forced into this world as a jumping off point. But, in no way is it the crux of the series. It's simply an introduction to the world. ~ Josh Gad
1954 World Series quotes by Josh Gad
Wouldn't you like to believe you're the center of someone's universe? To feel so special that the rest of the world didn't matter and it could all wait? What would you be willing to pay for that - any time you needed to feel that way? ~ D.A. Rhine
1954 World Series quotes by D.A. Rhine
Professor A. H. Maslow, for example, has conducted a series of researches into extremely healthy people that have led him to conclude that health and optimism are far more positive principles in human psychology than Freud would ever have admitted.

Man is a slave to the delusion that he is a passive creature, a creature of circumstance; this is because he makes the mistake of identifying himself with his limited everyday consciousness, and is unaware of the immense forces that lie just beyond the threshold of consciousness. But these forces, although he is unaware of them on a conscious level, are still a far more active influence in his life than any external circumstances. Freudian psychology, for all its achievements, has made a twofold error: it has tried to anatomize the human mind as a pathologist would dissect a corpse, and it has limited its researches to sick human beings. Sick men talk about their illness far more than healthy people talk about their health; in fact, healthy people are usually too absorbed in living to bother with self-revelation. Psychology has consequently been inclined to divide the world into sick people and "normal" people, regarding occasional super-normality as the exception; Maslow has shown that super-normality is a great deal commoner than would be supposed; in fact as common as sub-normality. Ordinarily healthy people often experience a sense of intense life-affirmation (which Maslow calls "peak experiences"); and examination o ~ Colin Wilson
1954 World Series quotes by Colin Wilson
I was World Series champion in individual and synchro for the first time which was awesome. ~ Tom Daley
1954 World Series quotes by Tom Daley
As I drove out the wrought iron gates I had entered, I noticed for the first time how intricate and beautiful they were. They were forged by hand so many years ago and had stood the test of time. ~ Buffy Andrews
1954 World Series quotes by Buffy Andrews
Maybe these kids are just too young and too dumb to know about the first 13. Maybe they can't comprehend that the Braves have only won one World Series in those 13 years. ~ Tim Hudson
1954 World Series quotes by Tim Hudson
According to Hegel
to use the Marxist terminology
Religion is only an ideological superstructure that is born and exists solely in relation to a real substructure. This substructure, which supports both religion and philosophy, is nothing but the totality of human actions realized during the course of universal history, that history in and by which man has created a series of specifically human worlds, essentially different from the natural world. It is these social worlds that are reflected in the religious and philosophical ideologies, and therefore
to come to the point at once
absolute knowledge, which reveals the totality of Being, can be realized only at the end of history, in the last world created by man. ~ Alexandre Kojeve
1954 World Series quotes by Alexandre Kojeve
He strained his ears, and the darkness felt heavier than before. Oppressive.
"We're hungry." That came from behind him.
"They smell tasty," a voice to his left hissed.
"I don't like this," Andrew said, feeling like the world around them was spinning with voices, taunting, echoing them.
"I don't like this," a voice parroted. "I don't like this. I don't like this. I don't like this. ~ Laura Kreitzer
1954 World Series quotes by Laura Kreitzer
It will begin with the six who now tread the streets of a city where the stone pinnacle erects like a reed amongst long grass. Where a bridge expands across a gorge, drifts a cloud buzzing with a million stings. There, these six shall bleed. There, these six shall die, and like a plague shall spread the wings that carry the cloud till they consume the city, and with it, the strength that fuels all of your lives. Farewell, children of the new world, and may your deaths be swift. ~ Najeev Raj Nadarajah
1954 World Series quotes by Najeev Raj Nadarajah
Although I have to say, it's become a lot harder for me since I won the world series because everyone wants to beat me. For example, bluffing is really tough now, because there's always someone who calls me on the off-chance that they'll then be able to say they read a world champion's bluff. ~ Chris Moneymaker
1954 World Series quotes by Chris Moneymaker
What we call powers, secrets of nature, and force, are all within. In the external world are only a series of changes. ~ Swami Vivekananda
1954 World Series quotes by Swami Vivekananda
Unfortunately, angels do not survive on the Earth... that's a tragic verity…

Pure souls need more perfect world: the one, where their kindness wouldn't be seen as weakness; where their brightness wouldn't trigger so much envy; where their sincerity and open heart wouldn't be considered as an invitation to push them down and take advantage of them.

You need to learn how to protect yourself. ~ Sahara Sanders
1954 World Series quotes by Sahara Sanders
While Fledging is a different type of book, The Parable series serve as cautionary tales. I wrote the Parable books because of the direction of the country. You can call it save the world fiction, but it clearly doesn't save anything. ~ Octavia Butler
1954 World Series quotes by Octavia Butler
But more important than personal awards is winning the World Series. That's the max that anyone could ask for. Let alone to have the ball in your in your glove for the final out of the World Series. That was the ultimate. ~ Dennis Eckersley
1954 World Series quotes by Dennis Eckersley
if there are things that upset you, chaotic, terrible, serpentine monstrous underworld things that threaten you, the best thing to do is to open your eyes, get your speech organized, and go out and confront the thing, and make the world out of it ~ Jordan B. Peterson
1954 World Series quotes by Jordan B. Peterson
Penny From Heaven Quotes «
» Baseball History Quotes