1260 Am Radio Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1260 Am Radio.

Quotes About 1260 Am Radio

Enjoy collection of 31 1260 Am Radio quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1260 Am Radio. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1260 Am Radio quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I got back to the vehicles and spotted Ashley Voss right away. She was standing there waiting with her rucksack, ready to go. I walked up to her, smiled, and said, "Hey, what's up? I'm Noah."
"Hi. I'm Ashley," she said without much emotion.
"Cool. Are you excited to come to our area?" I flashed her a grin.
After a brief pause she said, "Yeah, the medics can use a female."
She was acting like a professional and I was acting more like someone standing at a bar trying to buy her a drink. As if that couldn't be more awkward, right at that moment my radio squawked loudly, "Hey, can somebody get me that female medic's roster number? I need it before we head out." It was Jerry, ruining my game.
I leaned over and hit the button and said a little too proudly, "I've got the female medic with me now. I will get that for you."
And before I could ask her what it was, Jerry came back over the radio, "Galloway. You're with the female. Why am I not surprised?" Ashley gave me her roster number, and I sent it back to Jerry.
I turned to Ashley and said, "I'm not a player, just wanted to know more about you."
She didn't look that convinced. We got in the trucks and drove back. At the potato plant all the guys started sniffing this girl out like a bunch of hound dogs. One of the guys ran and grabbed her rucksack for her and carried it into the medic station, like he was a bellhop. ~ Noah Galloway
1260 Am Radio quotes by Noah Galloway
I don't know - I don't listen to the radio that much. I really am an old-soul kind of girl. ~ Ciara
1260 Am Radio quotes by Ciara
Today there are paparazzi out, I'm doing a day of press, I'm in a hotel, I've just been on Radio 1. But when I'm in my day-to-day life people don't know who I am and I'm left to my own devices. ~ Ed Westwick
1260 Am Radio quotes by Ed Westwick
When you hear on the radio and read in newspapers and magazines and books and speeches the words 'the Occupied Territories' year after year, and festival after festival, and summit conference after summit conference, you think it's somewhere at the end of the earth. You think there is absolutely no way you can get to it. Do you see how close it is? How touchable? How real? I can hold it in my hand, like a handkerchief.
Now here I am looking at it.

Who would dare make it into an abstraction now that it has declared its physical self to the senses? ~ Mourid Barghouti
1260 Am Radio quotes by Mourid Barghouti
I listen to AM radio in the AM, and AM radio for an AM audience in my PM (though it comes from the other side of the world). It's all morning all the time for me. Sometimes I even listen to FM in the AM, but never FM and AM in the AM or PM. ~ Jarod Kintz
1260 Am Radio quotes by Jarod Kintz
Lunch with Jamie became a weekly event for several weeks. During that time I learned she liked the show The Walking Dead. So finally I got up the nerve to try to move beyond lunch.
"Every Sunday night I go to a friend's house and a group of us watch The Walking Dead. You should come over this Sunday." I already knew she had Sunday nights off from the radio station, so I thought this was a great plan. But she hesitated before finally saying, "I don't know. That sounds like a date. And I am a few episodes behind." I told her, "You haven't missed anything. Nothing that important." I was lying. She'd missed a lot of stuff. But she finally agreed. ~ Noah Galloway
1260 Am Radio quotes by Noah Galloway
For some reason, that I can't really explain, at the beginning of Radiolab, it always felt like life or death. Even though it was just a radio show. Even though no one was listening. And I am not quite sure why ... but it may have to do with that radical uncertainty you feel when you are trying to work without a template. ~ Jad Abumrad
1260 Am Radio quotes by Jad Abumrad
It was indeed a long wait, well over two hours. I sat in the car and listened to the radio
and tried to picture, bite by bite, what it was like to eat a medianochesandwich: the
crackle of the bread crust, socrisp and toasty it scratches the inside of your mouth as you
bite down. Then the first taste of mustard, followed by the soothing cheese and the salt of
the meat. Next bite - a piece of pickle. Chew it all up; let the flavors mingle. Swallow.
Take a big sip of Iron Beer (pronounced Ee-roan Bay-er, and it's a soda). Sigh. Sheer
bliss. I would rather eat than do anything else except play with the Passenger. It's a true
miracle of genetics that I am not fat. ~ Jeff Lindsay
1260 Am Radio quotes by Jeff Lindsay
I've had so many people tell me that they are shocked that AM radio still even exists with all the different listening options. ~ Rush Limbaugh
1260 Am Radio quotes by Rush Limbaugh
I went into radio in 1965 when I got a license for CJOR 600 AM. It was my second business. ~ Jim Pattison
1260 Am Radio quotes by Jim Pattison
A good writer is an expert on nothing except himself. And on that subject, if he is wise, he holds his tongue. Some of you may wonder why I am reluctant to submit to interviews on television and radio and in the press. The answer is that nothing that I write is authentic. It is the stuff of dreams, not reality. Yet I am treated by the media as though I wrote espionage handbooks. ~ John Le Carre
1260 Am Radio quotes by John Le Carre
....One dark night,
my Tudor Ford climbed the hill's skull;
I watched for love-cars. Lights turned down,
they lay together, hull to hull,
where the graveyard shelves on the town. . . .
My mind's not right.

A car radio bleats,
"Love, O careless Love. . . ." I hear
my ill-spirit sob in each blood cell,
as if my hand were at its throat. . . .
I myself am hell;
nobody's here--

only skunks, that search
in the moonlight for a bite to eat.
They march on their soles up Main Street:
white stripes, moonstruck eyes' red fire
under the chalk-dry and spar spire
of the Trinitarian Church.

I stand on top
of our back steps and breathe the rich air--
a mother skunk with her column of kittens swills the garbage pail.
She jabs her wedge-head in a cup
of sour cream, drops her ostrich tail,
and will not scare. ~ Robert Lowell
1260 Am Radio quotes by Robert Lowell
The way I listen to music goes in waves depending on a lot of things. How busy I am, if I'm in between composition projects, if I'm starting a new project. So, the only time I listen to the radio for music is with my daughter's when I'm driving them to school, or driving them somewhere. ~ Tod Machover
1260 Am Radio quotes by Tod Machover
Well, I am very happy that I was able to play a part in bringing music from the streets onto the radio and into modern culture, I worked very hard and always believed in the sounds I was creating. ~ Ice-T
1260 Am Radio quotes by Ice-T
The lowest stress environment is the radio show. I am not on camera and I can let the music do the talking. The rest is more highly pressurized or in the case of writing, time intensive task. I say yes to all of it and like all of it but the radio show, by nature of what it is, is the least hassle. ~ Henry Rollins
1260 Am Radio quotes by Henry Rollins
All the way out I listen to the car AM radio, bad lyrics of trailer park love, gin and tonic love, strobe light love, lost and found love, lost and found and lost love, lost and lost and lost love - some people were having no luck at all. The DJ sounds quick and smooth and after-shaved, the rest of the world a mess by comparison. ~ Lorrie Moore
1260 Am Radio quotes by Lorrie Moore
I'm going to get myself one of those, um, movable computers - what do you call them ... ? Laptops! I am bad. I still call my radio a wireless. ~ Katherine Parkinson
1260 Am Radio quotes by Katherine Parkinson
There are some nights where I don't get enough sleep, or we're traveling a lot. And then I'll go do a radio show, and the DJs are usually so energetic. And they're like, 'Why aren't you excited?' I say, 'I am excited. I'm just Swedish. This is my excited. I can't get to an American excitement level.' ~ Tove Lo
1260 Am Radio quotes by Tove Lo
I am of the opinion, and even more so the older I get, that it is more difficult to have hope than it is to despair. And I mean this in the sense that in order to have hope you must acknowledge the despair and then you have to get beyond it.
Taken from a radio interview given on BBC Radio 4's Open Book ~ Colum McCann
1260 Am Radio quotes by Colum McCann
I'm here as a radio journalist but am not even sure which part of a tape recorder takes the pictures. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
1260 Am Radio quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
Ryder turns off the radio and reaches for my camera, pointing it at me in the dark. It beeps, and a red light indicates that he's filming. "Are you scared, Jemma?"
I prop my head up on one elbow. "Yeah, I'm scared," I say, carefully weighing my words. "But…we'll be okay. This house has weathered plenty of storms through the years. It'll keep us safe."
"I hope you're right."
"Yeah, me too."
I hear him swallow hard. "I'm glad I'm here with you."
"I'm glad you are too," I say automatically. But then…I realize with a start that it's true. I am glad he's here. I feel safe with him. More relaxed than I would be otherwise. He thinks I'm distracting him, making him forget his fears. But the truth is, he's helping me just as much. Maybe more. I'm pretty sure I'd be a blubbering mess right about now if I were alone.
"Thanks, Ryder," I say, my voice thick.
"For what?"
"Everything." I squeeze my eyes shut. "Turn off the camera, okay?"
He does, setting it aside before stretching out on the far side of the bed, facing me. Our gazes meet, and my stomach flutters nervously. There's something there in his dark eyes, something I've never seen before. Vulnerability…mixed with a kind of dark, melty chocolate expression that I don't recognize.
Our hands are lying there on the bed between us, nearly touching. I lift my pinkie, brushing it against his. Chills race down my spine at the contact, my heart pounding against my ribs.
I hear his breat ~ Kristi Cook
1260 Am Radio quotes by Kristi Cook
I wonder- if nobody is listening to my voice, am i making any sound at all? ~ Alice Oseman
1260 Am Radio quotes by Alice Oseman
Hello, I hope somebody is listening...If nobody is listening, am I making any sound at all? ~ Alice Oseman
1260 Am Radio quotes by Alice Oseman
Most people didn't have the bandwidth to download whole albums. And so it brought back this cherry picking idea that the audience would focus on certain songs and possibly be the impetus behind what eventually got on AM radio: the single or whatever. ~ Todd Rundgren
1260 Am Radio quotes by Todd Rundgren
While walking, for example, if we are talking or thinking at the same time, we get caught up in the conversation or thoughts we're having and get lost in the past or the future, our worries or our projects. People can easily spend their entire lives doing just that. What a tragic waste! Let us instead really live these moments that are given to us. In order to be able to live our life, we have to stop that radio inside, turn off our internal discourse.
How can we enjoy our steps if our attention is given over to all that mental chatter? It's important to become aware of what we feel, not just what we think. When we touch the ground with our foot, we should be able to feel our foot making contact with the ground. When we do this, we can feel a lot of joy in just being able to walk. When we walk, we can invest all our body and mind into our steps and be fully concentrated in each precious moment of life.
In focusing on that contact with the earth, we stop being dragged around by our thoughts and begin to experience our body and our environment in a wholly different way. Our body is a wonder! Its functioning is the result of millions of processes. We can fully appreciate this only if we stop our constant thinking and
have enough mindfulness and concentration to be in touch with the wonders of our body, the Earth, and the sky. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
1260 Am Radio quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh
The concept of a connotation is often explained by the conjugational formula devised by Bertrand Russell in a 1950s radio interview: I am firm; you are obstinate; he is pigheaded. The formula was turned into a word game in a radio show and newspaper feature and elicited hundreds of triplets. I am slim; you are thin; he is scrawny. I am a perfectionist; you are anal; he is a control freak. I am exploring my sexuality; you are promiscuous; she is a slut. In each triplet the literal meaning of the words is held constant, but the emotional meaning ranges from attractive to neutral to offensive. ~ Steven Pinker
1260 Am Radio quotes by Steven Pinker
I have a real issue with radio these days. I just am not into the current music. ~ Carnie Wilson
1260 Am Radio quotes by Carnie Wilson
To come home and have three songs working on radio, I can't tell you how happy I am. It is amazing. ~ Conrad Sewell
1260 Am Radio quotes by Conrad Sewell
Blues
Elizabeth Alexander, 1962

I am lazy, the laziest
girl in the world. I sleep during
the day when I want to, 'til
my face is creased and swollen,
'til my lips are dry and hot. I
eat as I please: cookies and milk
after lunch, butter and sour cream
on my baked potato, foods that
slothful people eat, that turn
yellow and opaque beneath the skin.
Sometimes come dinnertime Sunday
I am still in my nightgown, the one
with the lace trim listing because
I have not mended it. Many days
I do not exercise, only
consider it, then rub my curdy
belly and lie down. Even
my poems are lazy. I use
syllabics instead of iambs,
prefer slant to the gong of full rhyme,
write briefly while others go
for pages. And yesterday,
for example, I did not work at all!
I got in my car and I drove
to factory outlet stores, purchased
stockings and panties and socks
with my father's money.

To think, in childhood I missed only
one day of school per year. I went
to ballet class four days a week
at four-forty-five and on
Saturdays, beginning always
with plie, ending with curtsy.
To think, I knew only industry,
the industry of my race
and of immigrants, the radio
tuned always to the station
that said, Line up your summer
job months in advance. Work hard
and do not shame your family,
who worke ~ Elizabeth Alexander
1260 Am Radio quotes by Elizabeth Alexander
Unless the radio is on, I am usually listening to stuff that is very different to what I do. ~ Leona Lewis
1260 Am Radio quotes by Leona Lewis
Prehistory isn't like a 'veil' or a 'curtain' that 'lifts' to reveal the pre-set 'stage' of history. Rather, prehistory is an absence of something: an absence of writing. So a better image of the 'dawn of history' might be an AM radio in the pre-dawn hours: you recognize wisps of words or music across the dial, inter blending, and noise obscures even the few clear-channel stations. The first ones we find, when we switch on the radio of history about 3200B.C.E., come from Mesopotamia, and those from Egypt soon emerge. Eventually the neighbouring lands produce records, with the effect that the ancient Near East is probably the best documented civilization before the invention of printing." (Daniels and Bright, page 19) ~ Peter T. Daniels
1260 Am Radio quotes by Peter T. Daniels
Firmino Stats Quotes «
» Reetu Syal Quotes