110 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 110.

Quotes About 110

Enjoy collection of 100 110 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 110. Righ click to see and save pictures of 110 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Once I realized that Australia's top highway speed of 110 kilometers per hour was the same as going 65 in the U.S., all my hardened American enthusiasm for speed went limp until it felt like the car was hardly moving at all. Even worse, most stretches of the highway are restricted to 60 kilometers per hour, which is how fast Americans go when we're, like, passing a stopped school bus disembarking small children, or driving through a herd of puppies in the road. ~ Elle Lothlorien
110 quotes by Elle Lothlorien
I, Judy Moody, will get zero-wrong-plus-extra-credit on the spelling test! 110%! Pass it on. ~ Anonymous
110 quotes by Anonymous
feast here awhile, 109 Until our stars that frown lend us a smile. 110 They ~ William Shakespeare
110 quotes by William Shakespeare
Dubai was brilliant, they looked around the world. They saw Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, Chicago, Sydney, London all ran British common law. British common law is much better for commerce than is French common law or sharia law. So they took 110 acres of Dubai soil, put British common law with a British judge in charge, and they went from an empty piece of soil to the 16th most powerful financial center in [the] world in eight years. ~ Michael Strong
110 quotes by Michael Strong
It's amazing that this is still news to people, but that affects the final outcome of the film. When people are treated well, and they're made to feel valued, they give 110 percent. ~ Adam Arkin
110 quotes by Adam Arkin
You can have all the agents and publicists in the world but no one's ever going to give you 110 per cent like someone who loves you. ~ Archie Panjabi
110 quotes by Archie Panjabi
I wasn't eating. I wasn't sleeping. All I was doing was cocaine. I stayed awake for about two weeks, locked in my bedroom. I went down from a 142 pounds to 110 pounds. ~ Andy Gibb
110 quotes by Andy Gibb
First he sympathized with Cuba, then with China, and when the cruelty of their regimes began to appall him, he resigned himself with a sigh to a sea of words with no weight and no resemblance to life. ~ Milan Kundera
110 quotes by Milan Kundera
Today, the witch theory of causality has fallen into disuse, with the exception of a few isolated pockets in Papua New Guinea, India, Nepal, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Tanzania, Kenya, or Sierra Leone, where "witches" are still burned to death. A 2002 World Health Organization study, for example, reported that every year more than 500 elderly women in Tanzania alone are killed for being "witches." In Nigeria, children by the thousands are being rounded up and torched as "witches," and in response the Nigerian government arrested a self-styled bishop named Okon Williams, who it accused of killing 110 such children. ~ Michael Shermer
110 quotes by Michael Shermer
I didn't feel anything [frustraiting]. I just kept working 110 or 120 nights a year. ~ Mose Allison
110 quotes by Mose Allison
We all over-share here. It's a problem we have. It's like we all think our lives are a movie and we want everyone to understand every single part of it.

Cooper, J. S. (2013-11-16). The Other Side of Love (Forever Love) (p. 110). ~ J.S. Cooper
110 quotes by J.S. Cooper
It must be the PGA Championship if it's August and you can sit down and talk to the heat or reach inside your shirt, where it's 110 degrees, and grab handfuls of humidity. ~ Dan Jenkins
110 quotes by Dan Jenkins
I can't try to throw 110 miles per hour. I've got to pitch under control. ~ Jeremy Bonderman
110 quotes by Jeremy Bonderman
Our Klutz clangs into Stop signs while riding a bike, and knocks over giant displays of expensive fine china. Despite being five foot nine and weighing 110 pounds, she is basically like a drunk buffalo who has never been a part of human society. But Fred Tom loves her anyway. ~ Mindy Kaling
110 quotes by Mindy Kaling
At the very beginning, when the PR industry was invented, some 110 years ago, about 95 percent of the relations in politics and in busi- ness were hidden from the public - only the convenient information was made available, no more than 5 percent. ~ Maxim Behar
110 quotes by Maxim Behar
A short term view will lead to a partial and perhaps twisted view of the whole picture. A crucial element may be missing. We may not be running the entire race. A friend of mine described a colleague as great at running the "ninety-five yard dash." That is a distinction I can do without. Lacking the last five yards makes the first ninety-five pointless. In fact, serious runners thing of it as a 110 yard dash so that no one will best them in the last few yards. You've got to think beyond the whole. ~ Max De Pree
110 quotes by Max De Pree
[Herbert Spencer] was ready in those days to give everything a trial; he even thought of migrating to New Zealand, forgetting that a young country has no use for philosophers. It was characteristic of him that he made parallel lists of reasons for and against the move, giving each reason a numerical value. The sums being 110 points for remaining in England and 301 for going, he remained. ~ Will Durant
110 quotes by Will Durant
Everyone has come to understand that unconditional love is a reality, but with as shelf life of about eight to ten seconds. [p. 110] ~ Anne Lamott
110 quotes by Anne Lamott
I identify myself quite self-consciously with a man named Melchizedek, who was described in the book of Psalms as "a priest forever" (Ps. 110:4). ~ John Shelby Spong
110 quotes by John Shelby Spong
Listen, I must be 110 by now. Granny is going to kick the bucket at some point. ~ Maggie Smith
110 quotes by Maggie Smith
Robert Kapilow is a born teacher, an enthusiast who can think on his feet, a 110 percent believer in the project at hand ... It's a cheering thought that this kind of missionary enterprise did not pass from this earth with Leonard Bernstein. Robert Kapilow is awfully good at what he does. We need him. ~ The Boston Globe
110 quotes by The Boston Globe
Whether the result of wear, tear, and exhaustion of resources or whether genetically programmed, all life has a finite span and each species has its own particular longevity. For human beings, this would appear to be approximately 100 to 110 years. This means that even were it possible to prevent or cure every disease that carries people off before the ravages of senescence do, virtually no one would live beyond a century or a bit more. ~ Sherwin B. Nuland
110 quotes by Sherwin B. Nuland
Today, we have more than 110,000 men and women deployed in conflict zones around the world. They come from nearly 120 countries ... Thanks to their efforts, life-saving humanitarian assistance can be delivered and economic development can begin. ~ Ban Ki-moon
110 quotes by Ban Ki-moon
I'll admit it: I'm a control freak. I am. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it 110% or there's no point in doing it at all, especially if the work takes me away from time with my husband and children. ~ Victoria Beckham
110 quotes by Victoria Beckham
When we started filming, I tried to keep myself well under the radar so that the powers that be wouldn't notice that I hadn't lost the weight they'd asked me to. I only weighed 110 pounds to begin with, but I carried about half of them in my face. I think they may have put those buns on me so they might function as bookends, keeping my face right where it was, between my ears and no bigger. ~ Carrie Fisher
110 quotes by Carrie Fisher
I learned from my mom and dad, who didn't have a formal education but had doctorates of love. They told me that if you gave 110 percent all the time, a lot of beautiful things will happen. I may not always be right, but no one can ever accuse me of not having a genuine love and passion for whatever I do. ~ Dick Vitale
110 quotes by Dick Vitale
If I'm known as the girl that lost weight and it's been six years later and I've still kept off the 110 pounds, God bless. Because I never kept off 100 pounds before in my life. ~ Carnie Wilson
110 quotes by Carnie Wilson
I face every project the same way - do it right and give 110%. 100% isn't good enough. ~ Debra Wilson
110 quotes by Debra Wilson
Meant it for good, to bring it about that many people [2] should be kept alive, as they are today. 21So do not fear; j I will provide for you and your little ones. Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. The Death of Joseph 22So Joseph remained in Egypt, he and his father's house. Joseph lived 110 years. 23And Joseph saw Ephraim's children k of the third generation. The l children also of Machir the son of Manasseh were m counted as Joseph's own. [3] 24And Joseph said to ~ Anonymous
110 quotes by Anonymous
I believe that box lacrosse gives young people many more opportunities to excel in our game. If I had my choice, I would have every player under the age of twelve play box lacrosse exclusively or at least a majority of the time. The number of touches of the ball and the ability to develop better stick skills in a game of box lacrosse, far surpasses what happens to young people on a 110 x 60 yard field. Learning how to pass and catch in traffic, understanding how to shoot, and developing a sense of physicality are all positive traits developed by the box game. ~ Bill Tierney
110 quotes by Bill Tierney
100% of the people who give 110% do not understand math. ~ Demetri Martin
110 quotes by Demetri Martin
Although experience has taught me to trust my feelings, I did not go inside to stand guard near her. She had asked me to wait on the bench. I had no intention of crossing her. Like most men, I find it mortifying to be ass-kicked by a woman who doesn't even weigh 110 pounds after Thanksgiving dinner. ~ Dean Koontz
110 quotes by Dean Koontz
Downhillers are going over 110 miles per hour. But no matter what, you can't hit the fence at 100 miles per hour. ~ Julia Mancuso
110 quotes by Julia Mancuso
Your mind was seizing on something to try to make sense of the emotion. Can you see the power emotion has to distort our outlook? Makes u wonder, did you have a bad day, or did you make it a bad day? ... We can exert a lot of control over our emotions. But sometimes they run away with us. These bottled-up emotions hit you with a lot of force ... If you drink straight courage, you can beome reckless and foolhardy. For a good result, you have to temper the courage with a little fear, a little calm. Tanu, p109-110 ~ Brandon Mull
110 quotes by Brandon Mull
I hate often and easily. I hate, for example, people who sit with their legs splayed. People who claim to give 110 percent. People who call themselves "comfortable" when what they mean is decadently rich. You're so judgmental, my shrink tells me, and I cry all the way home, thinking of it. ~ Jenny Offill
110 quotes by Jenny Offill
I used to think freedom was freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of conscience. But freedom is the whole life of everyone. Here is what it amounts to: you have to have the right to sow what you wish to, to make shoes or coats, to bake into bread the flour ground from the grain you have sown, and to sell it or not sell it as you wish; for the lathe operator, the steelworker, and the artist it's a matter of being able to live as you wish and work as you wish and not as they order you to. And in our country there is no freedom – not for those who write books nor for those who sow grain nor for those who make shoes." (Grossman, p. 99) He noted that "In people's day-to-day struggle to live, in the extreme efforts workers put forth to earn an extra ruble through moonlighting, in the collective farmers' battle for bread and potatoes as the one and only fruit of their labor, he [Ivan Grigoryevich] could sense more than the desire to live better, to fill one's children's stomachs and to clothe them. In the battle for the right to make shoes, to knit sweaters, in the struggle to plant what one wished, was manifested the natural, indestructible striving toward freedom inherent in human nature. He had seen this very same struggle in the people in camp. Freedom, it seemed, was immortal on both sides of the barbed wire." (Grossman, p. 110) ~ Vasily Grossman
110 quotes by Vasily Grossman
With a film, you have to pare down and take stuff out and squish it all down into a 110 page script. ~ Melissa Rosenberg
110 quotes by Melissa Rosenberg
Thank you so very much. We have just reached over 110,000 views on Twitter in the last 3 weeks. This would not have been possible without you. With sincere appreciation, Grace Willows
@gracewillows2018 ~ Grace Willows
110 quotes by Grace Willows
When they slam a door on your face, it's life, adding another 110 lb plate to your bar and telling you: "Let's see how strong you are". ~ Marino Baccarini
110 quotes by Marino Baccarini
I always enjoy watching Derek Jeter play because he is a model of consistency both in the field and at the plate. I finished my career with 3,110 hits, and I have only admiration and respect for Derek. I hope he pauses to admire the view and keeps going. Just one more achievement in an incredible career. ~ Dave Winfield
110 quotes by Dave Winfield
When I got a chance to rap, I just busted my ass. When I got a chance to act, I busted my ass. Anytime I get a chance. I'm not wasting time. I won't do it if I'm not doing it 110 percent. You've got to work hard if you want to play hard. I like to play, but I know I gotta bust my ass. ~ Ice-T
110 quotes by Ice-T
You have to have a lot more dedication to what I'll call 'the machine,' ... I have 20 percent dedication. What's needed is 110 percent. You can't have it with the level of apathy I have. ~ Janeane Garofalo
110 quotes by Janeane Garofalo
You never make any of the shots you never take. 87% of the ones you do take, you'll miss too. I make 110% of my shots. ~ Larry Bird
110 quotes by Larry Bird
I am almost 30 so I am approaching this one as if it will be my last Olympic Games. I want to put out 110 percent to make sure that I am up at the top. ~ Asafa Powell
110 quotes by Asafa Powell
You can't please everyone, but I've always felt you cannot ultimately lose if you give everything you try 110%. You'll always learn something useful, even from a failure, that can be applied to the next challenge or project. ~ Mark Ryan
110 quotes by Mark Ryan
An adult female orang-utan cannot defeat an adult male spotted hyena. That is the plain empirical truth. Let it become known among zoologists. Had Orange Juice been a male, had she loomed as large on the scales as she did in my heart, it might have been another matter. But portly and overfed though she was from living in the comfort of a zoo, even so she tipped the scales at barely 110 pounds. Female orang-utans are half the size of males. But it is not simply a question of weight and brute strength. Orange Juice was far from defenseless. What it comes down to is attitude and knowledge. What does a fruit eater know about killing? Where would it learn where to bite, how hard, for how long? An orang-utan may be taller, may have very strong and agile arms and long canines, but if it does not know how to use these as weapons, they are of little use. The hyena, with only its jaws, will overcome the ape because it knows what it wants and how to get it. ~ Yann Martel
110 quotes by Yann Martel
I'd be lying if I said that I knew I was there. I'm being completely honest. Nobody has a right in my view to seek Presidents office unless they are willing to give it 110 percent of who they are. ~ Joe Biden
110 quotes by Joe Biden
Scratching off a postcard to Charlie Taylor, Orville expressed the same spirit in a lighter vein. Flying machine market has been very unsteady the past two days. Opened yesterday morning at about 208 (100% means even chance of success) but by noon had dropped to 110. These fluctuations would have produced a panic, I think, in Wall Street, but in this quiet place it only put us to thinking and figuring a little. ~ David McCullough
110 quotes by David McCullough
The coming of the printing press must have seemed as if it would turn the world upside down in the way it spread and, above all, democratized knowledge. Provide you could pay and read, what was on the shelves in the new bookshops was yours for the taking. The speed with which printing presses and their operators fanned out across Europe is extraordinary. From the single Mainz press of 1457, it took only twenty-three years to establish presses in 110 towns: 50 in Italy, 30 in Germany, 9 in France, 8 in Spain, 8 in Holland, 4 in England, and so on. ~ James E. Burke
110 quotes by James E. Burke
Whenever I'm doing any film, I'm always just happy to have a job and I always just put 110% of myself into it. ~ Thomas Ian Nicholas
110 quotes by Thomas Ian Nicholas
Edited by mostly unknown scholars in A.D. 367, compiled from documents written 30 to 110 years after the Christ event by no one who was present at the events, and composed for the most part by unknown authors in the Greek language that Jesus never spoke, it is held up as the only true record of the Christ story. ~ Leonard Shlain
110 quotes by Leonard Shlain
We accept so many things that come through the media; we get used to them, however vigilant we are. But for any creative art, you have to remain 110% conscious, and in a world that's losing consciousness, that's getting harder. ~ Keith Jarrett
110 quotes by Keith Jarrett
This wish to satisfy someone greater than the Self, to be found acceptable, to belong at last, is a struggle familiar to many psychotherapy patients. In their lives they waste themselves on wondering how they are doing, on trying to figure out the expectations of others so that they can become someone in the eyes of others. They try to be practical, to be reasonable, to figure it all out in their heads. It is as though if only they could get the words straight in their heads, if only they could find the correct formula, then everything else in their lives would be magically straightened out. They are sure there is a right way to do things, though they have not yet found it. Someone in authority must know ... It is as thought if it were discovered that two and two really did not equal four (but five), then at that moment all over the world every machine would stop operating, all of the lights would go out. (110) ~ Sheldon B. Kopp
110 quotes by Sheldon B. Kopp
I give 110% while I am working. I know I do, because I have been doing this since I was nine. This is a way of life for me. So whether it be successful or not is not in my hands. I still do my job, the best I can. ~ Kate Del Castillo
110 quotes by Kate Del Castillo
Always give everything 110 percent. It's the extra 10 percent that everyone remembers. ~ Frank Sonnenberg
110 quotes by Frank Sonnenberg
We are not an assimilative, homogeneous society, but a facilitative, pluralistic one, in which we must be willing to abide someone else's unfamiliar or even repellant practice because the same tolerant impulse protects our own idiosyncrasies.
--Michael H. v. Gerald D., 491 U.S. 110 (1989) ~ William J. Brennan Jr.
110 quotes by William J. Brennan Jr.
You can't spend 110 percent on something if you don't have that same hunger and drive. I have achieved all my goals
my mission is complete. ~ Lennox Lewis
110 quotes by Lennox Lewis
A border collie named Orson inspired me to buy a 110-acre farm with four barns and a sheep. That led to a series of books about Bedlam Farm and about dogs, rural life, lambing and herding sheep. ~ Jon Katz
110 quotes by Jon Katz
In California, there was Atascadero State Hospital, constructed in 1954 at the cost to taxpayers of over $10 million (almost $110 million in today's money). Atascadero was a maximum-security psychiatric prison on the central coast where mentally disordered male lawbreakers [including homosexuals] from all over California were incarcerated. Inmates were treated at Atascadero by a variety of methods, including electroconvulsive therapy; lobotomy; sterilization, and hormone injections. Anectine was used often for 'behavior modification.' It was a muscle relaxant, which gave the person to whom it was administered the sensation of choking or drowning, while he received the message from the doctor that if he didn't change his behavior he would die (10). ~ Lillian Faderman
110 quotes by Lillian Faderman
In Russia today, 110 persons, including Mr. Putin's cronies, control 35% of the country's wealth while 50% of adults have total household wealth of $871 or lower. ~ Anonymous
110 quotes by Anonymous
90? 110? You know. It's a Ferrari, baby - you don't do 50 in a Ferrari. ~ Eddie Griffin
110 quotes by Eddie Griffin
I love it. It's all good to me. Whether I'm performing in New York, L.A., Columbus or Des Moines, I give 110 percent every night. ~ Bret Michaels
110 quotes by Bret Michaels
I swear, they need to make an app for Facebook that has little electrodes hooked up to our private parts, so when we see some idiot spouting off about something he really doesn't know jack shit about, as soon as we reach for the keyboard, it sends 110 volts coursing through our dis-functioning erectiles, or better yet, through HIS, before he posts it to begin with. ~ Steve Bivans
110 quotes by Steve Bivans
To be a racing driver it's essential you have very good eyesight, and that's especially relevant at night. Your senses are heightened, you're travelling over 200mph, you need to focus on that 110-metre braking point and you have to have absolute faith and commitment in your driving. ~ Allan McNish
110 quotes by Allan McNish
You really can give a 110% effort towards something that you are truly passionate about. ~ Robert Cheeke
110 quotes by Robert Cheeke
History reveals that groups of human beings are capable of systematically killing members of other human groups. Humans have killed other humans: six million Jews, hundreds of thousands of Native Americans, and over 110,000 Japanese, the latter within a matter of seconds at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. John Hodge (1975) estimates that 150 million lives were lost in the slave trade of blacks from Africa. More than 5,000 blacks were lynched in the United States between 1882 and 1939. Just as a child who witnesses her mother being battered by her father feels physically threatened, women who witness male-male violence also feel physically threatened. The observation of violence among others creates fear of physical violence and thus constitutes emotional violence. ~ Dee L.R. Graham
110 quotes by Dee L.R. Graham
Gen. George S. Patton Jr. fears no one. But now he sleeps flat on his back in a hospital bed. His upper body is encased in plaster, the result of a car accident twelve days ago. Room 110 is a former utility closet, just fourteen feet by sixteen feet. There are no decorations, pictures on the walls, or elaborate furnishings - just the narrow bed, white walls, and a single high window. A chair has been brought in for Patton's wife, Beatrice, who endured a long, white-knuckle flight over the North Atlantic from the family home in Boston to be at his bedside. She sits there now, crochet hook moving silently back and forth, raising her eyes every few moments to see if her husband has awakened. ~ Bill O'Reilly
110 quotes by Bill O'Reilly
Before Sonia Sotomayor's appointment, a total of 110 justices had been named to the United States Supreme Court since its 1789 creation. All but 4 of these justices were white men, reflecting the traditional power base of the nation. Beginning with African American Thurgood Marshall in 1967, the groundbreakers navigated the public expectations and internal rituals of a tradition bound institution. ~ Joan Biskupic
110 quotes by Joan Biskupic
It is ironic, in the manner of a dystopian nightmare, that an advanced capitalist empire which is founded on genocide and slavery, which still functions as the global police, which has an armed population, which routinely violates international human rights, which has the largest known military industrial complex in the world, which is the world's largest producer of pornography, has also produced a saccharine ideology in which 'positive thinking' functions as a form of psychological gentrification. And it is not insignificant that the neoliberal lie that one is 110% responsible for one's life - first powerfully encapsulated by the 'alternative' conservative thinker Louise Hay, and more recently echoed by Eckhart Tolle, author of The Power of Now (1997/2005) - is directed at women. Today, gendered victim-blaming has become a form of upwardly mobile common sense 'wisdom'. Now victimblaming is expressed by voices that sound soothing, wise, calm, above all, loving. ~ Abigail Bray
110 quotes by Abigail Bray
Attempting to contain the infinite within finite symbolism of language may result in scholarship, but it will not produce devotion. (110) ~ Prem Prakash
110 quotes by Prem Prakash
My advice to kids is give it your all! Give it 110 percent and don't give up! ~ Vanessa Hudgens
110 quotes by Vanessa Hudgens
Did folks know that the tax to fund the program [Social Security] only hits salaries up to $110,000? That means that if you make a million bucks, about 90% of your salary is tax free when it comes to the payroll tax that funds Soc Sec. That ain't right. ~ Jared Bernstein
110 quotes by Jared Bernstein
I'll work to maintain my work ethic out on the road, playing my shows, giving 110%, keeping God first, my family second, and treating my fans like royalty. ~ Aaron Watson
110 quotes by Aaron Watson
I started to put on weight when I was about four and a half and it got really bad when I was around nine. I ballooned. I was about 110 pounds. ~ Carnie Wilson
110 quotes by Carnie Wilson
A blank, my lord. She never told her love, 110 But let concealment, like a worm i'the bud, Feed on her damask cheek. ~ William Shakespeare
110 quotes by William Shakespeare
But beyond the hysteria of phantom death panels, where is the abomination? Show me the provisions that will hurt consumers, because if you think a $110 billion a year tax break for working-class Americans to buy private health insurance is a government takeover, I welcome the debate. ~ Jim McDermott
110 quotes by Jim McDermott
We never announced a scorched-earth policy; we never announced any policy at all, apart from finding and destroying the enemy, and we proceeded in the most obvious way. We used what was at hand, dropping the greatest volume of explosives in the history of warfare over all the terrain within the thirty-mile sector which fanned out from Khe Sanh. Employing saturation-bombing techniques, we delivered more than 110,000 tons of bombs to those hills during the eleven-week containment of Khe Sanh. ~ Michael Herr
110 quotes by Michael Herr
I never coast through a workout. This is been great for me physically, but it's also become a problem in two ways. One is that no matter how I'm feeling on a given day, I will absolutely kill myself in the gym, and it takes a huge amount of energy do that. I commit 110 percent. The other problem is that finding a workout partner is impossible. ~ Joseph Gatt
110 quotes by Joseph Gatt
Yeah, I think it motivates you as people start to count you out. It doesn't make you play any harder, because every time you go out on the field you give 110 percent, but it does give you more of an edge mentally, knowing that you were in the same situation, because in sports you always find yourself behind. ~ Joe Montana
110 quotes by Joe Montana
The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, THOU ART A PRIEST FOR EVER after the order of Melchizedek" (Psalm 110:4). ~ David Alsobrook
110 quotes by David Alsobrook
In 1996 Hubacek had been driving drunk at 100 mph with no headlights. He crashed into a van carrying a married couple and their nanny. The husband and the nanny were killed. Poe sentenced Hubacek to 110 days of boot camp, and to carry a sign once a month for ten years in front of high schools and bars that read, I KILLED TWO PEOPLE WHILE DRIVING DRUNK, and to erect a cross and a Star of David at the scene of the crash and to keep it maintained, and to keep photographs of the victims in his wallet for ten years, and to send $10 every week for ten years to a memorial fund in the names of the victims, and to observe the autopsy of a person killed in a drink-driving accident. ~ Jon Ronson
110 quotes by Jon Ronson
You can open up a centenarian's brain, and you'll see some areas that look like that of a 50-year-old or of a 110-year-old. You can have variation in the basic process of aging, called senescence, in different parts of the same body. ~ S. Jay Olshansky
110 quotes by S. Jay Olshansky
If I'm going to make music for the streets or the clubs or whatever, I go at it with 110 percent. ~ Soulja Boy
110 quotes by Soulja Boy
The usual way of growing cotton is highly petrochemical-intensive, requiring 110 pounds of nitrogen fertilizer per acre. Some of the fertilizer is broken down by soil bacteria into nitrate, a toxic and highly soluble chemical that can leach into groundwater or get washed into lakes, creating oxygenless dead zones. ~ Alex Shoumatoff
110 quotes by Alex Shoumatoff
Emotional intensity" doesn't convey the half of it, of course. It is the kind of coarse and disappointing translation that makes the dismembered bodies of samurai warriors spin in their graves. The word "zanshin" is larded down with a lot of other folderol that you have to be Nipponese to understand. And Hiro thinks, frankly, that most of it is pseudomystical crap, on the same level as his old high school football coach exhorting his men to play at 110 percent. The businessman makes another attack. This one is pretty straightforward: a quick shuffling approach and then a snapping cut in the direction of Hiro's ribcage. Hiro parries it. ~ Neal Stephenson
110 quotes by Neal Stephenson
People mean well. That is what he believes. How then is he married to me? I hate often and easily. I hate, for example, people who sit with their legs splayed. People who claim to give 110 percent. People who call themselves "comfortable" when what they mean is decadently rich. You're so judgmental, my shrink tells me, and I cry all the way home, thinking of it. Later, ~ Jenny Offill
Today, banks are allowed to loan out at least ten times the amount they actually are holding, so while you wonder how they get rich charging you 11% interest, it's not 11% a year they make on that amount but actually 110%. The bank lends other people's money to those that need loans, and when the bank runs out of money, they call the Federal Reserve for more. ~ Joseph P. Kauffman
110 quotes by Joseph P. Kauffman
We have 1.8 million Americans behind bars today at Local, State and Federal level. In the federal system, which has doubled in the last ten years, over 110,000 people behind bars in the Federal system, probably two-thirds are there for drug related reason. ~ Barry McCaffrey
110 quotes by Barry McCaffrey
110 This is the declaration of the Lord to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool." ~ Anonymous
110 quotes by Anonymous
I play with a lot of guys who say they're a five handicap, and they shoot 110. And then you play with guys who say they are a 20 and they shoot 75. ~ Tom Lehman
110 quotes by Tom Lehman
Studies show that 110% of men who leave their wives for other women report that their wives are crazy. Darwin ~ Jenny Offill
I hate, for example, people who sit with their legs splayed. People who claim to give 110 percent. People who call themselves "comfortable" when what they mean is decadently rich. ~ Jenny Offill
110. When I enter the pulpit with the Bible in my hands and in my heart, my blood begins to flow and my eyes to sparkle for the sheer glory of having God's Word to expound. ~ John R.W. Stott
110 quotes by John R.W. Stott
I fully support Governor Kasich's-I think it's called 'Question 2' in Ohio. Fully support that. In fact, on my website as far back as April I laid out I supported 'Question 2.' ... I support it 110%. ~ Mitt Romney
110 quotes by Mitt Romney
The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts-not always trying to show off what you have. You talk less about it. It's like you have a little BMW - you want to race the hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. But if you see guys driving a ferrari or a lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
110 quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
The something inside me that always fought to win, that never gave into the pain and that accepted no less than 110 percent has never been gone because that something was simply me. ~ Julie Krone
110 quotes by Julie Krone
In the 1960s, 110 countries had averages of six or more children per family. ~ Peter Diamandis
110 quotes by Peter Diamandis
Needing kindness myself, I am kinder now, and we get on amazingly well. [p. 110] ~ Lionel Shriver
110 quotes by Lionel Shriver
You cannot deport 110,000 people unless you have stopped seeing individuals. Of course, for such a thing to happen, there has to be a kind of acquiescence on the part of the victims, some submerged belief that this treatment is deserved, or at least allowable. ~ Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston
110 quotes by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston
Best listened to in a windowless room, better than best in an airless room - correctly speaking, a bunker sealed forever and enwrapped in tree-roots - the Eighth String Quartet of Shostakovich (Opus 110) is the living corpse of music, perfect in its horror. Call it the simultaneous asphyxiation and bleeding of melody. The soul strips itself of life in a dusty room. ~ William T. Vollmann
110 quotes by William T. Vollmann
Knows Quotes «
» Cities Quotes