10 Nuggets Of Generosity Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 10 Nuggets Of Generosity.

Quotes About 10 Nuggets Of Generosity

Enjoy collection of 50 10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 10 Nuggets Of Generosity. Righ click to see and save pictures of 10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

When God blesses you, the highest form of gratitude is open-handedness. ~ Chinonye J. Chidolue
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Chinonye J. Chidolue
We are all citizens of the world and we owe it to the world to make it a better place. ~ Chinonye J. Chidolue
Greatness isn't worldly fame and success. Laying humble service for humanity's best is true greatness. ~ Chinonye J. Chidolue
I'm coming from a place that's more experimental and indulgent already, so for the last 10 years, it's been more like, "How can I defend my own sensibilities by writing a nugget of a little catchy pop song?" That's how I'm stretching myself, by writing something really simple. ~ Andrew Bird
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Andrew Bird
You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~ Kahlil Gibran
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Kahlil Gibran
We shall not be properly educated ourselves, nor will the guardians whom we are training, until we can recognise the qualities of discipline, courage, generosity, greatness of mind, and others akin to them, as well as their opposites in all their manifestations. ~ Plato
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Plato
The greatest achievement is selflessness.The greatest worth is self-mastery.The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.The greatest precept is continual awareness.The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.The greatest generosity is non-attachment.The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.The greatest patience is humility.The greatest effort is not concerned with results.The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances. ~ Atisa
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Atisa
I don't know if I'm a populist artist, but I do try to maintain a spirit of generosity. ~ Fred Tomaselli
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Fred Tomaselli
Make generosity part of your growth strategy. ~ Danielle LaPorte
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Danielle LaPorte
He is the playfulness of creation, scandal and utter goodness, the generosity of the ocean and the ferocity of a thunderstorm; he is cunning as a snake and gentle as a whisper; the gladness of sunshine and the humility of a thirty-mile walk by foot on a dirt road. ~ John Eldredge
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by John Eldredge
It was our belief that the love of possessions is a weakness to be overcome ... Children must early learn the beauty of generosity. They are taught to give what they prize most, that they may taste the happiness of giving ... The Indians in their simplicity literally give away all that they have - to relatives, to guests of other tribes or clans, but above all to the poor and the aged, from whom they can hope for no return. ~ Charles Alexander Eastman
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Charles Alexander Eastman
But let me offer a word of caution. If you choose to give from your heart, be careful. The most incredible feeling might just overwhelm you. And if you continue in this behavior, that feeling may become permanent. ~ Steve Goodier
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Steve Goodier
There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don't like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn't that a little like saving up sex for your old age? ~ Warren Buffett
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Warren Buffett
The generosity of Montanans is inspiring. ~ Brian Schweitzer
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Brian Schweitzer
She had dispersed. She was the garden at Prem Nivas (soon to be entered into the annual Flower Show), she was Veena's love of music, Pran's asthma, Maan's generosity, the survival of some refugees four years ago, the neem leaves that would preserve quilts stored in the great zinc trunks of Prem Nivas, the moulting feather of some pond-heron, a small unrung brass bell, the memory of decency in an indecent time, the temperament of Bhaskar's great-grandchildren. Indeed, for all the Minsisster of Revenue's impatience with her, she was his regret.
And it was right that she should continue to be so, for he should have treated her better while she lived, the poor, ignorant, grieving fool. ~ Vikram Seth
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Vikram Seth
Obstinacy is the strength of the weak. Firmness founded upon principle, upon the truth and right, order and law, duty and generosity, is the obstinacy of sages. ~ Johann Kaspar Lavater
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Johann Kaspar Lavater
The reputation of generosity is to be purchased pretty cheap; it does not depend so much upon a man's general expense, as it does upon his giving handsomely where it is proper to give at all. A man, for instance, who should give a servant four shillings, would pass for covetous, while he who gave him a crown, would be reckoned generous; so that the difference of those two opposite characters, turns upon one shilling. ~ Doug Stanhope
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Doug Stanhope
Marriage means handing over yourself, your body, your future, your keeping to the one whom you dearly love, although this person may, in many ways, remain a stranger. This tremendous act of faith is something that can unlock in each lover powers of compassion, generosity, joy, passion, fidelity and hope that no one guessed was even there. That is why the confidence of young lovers is not foolish or arrogant, but an expression of a basic fact in human experience that the greatest of human gifts are set to work only when people are prepared to risk everything and first you risk it before God. ~ Ravi Zacharias
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Ravi Zacharias
Never look for the story in the 'lede.' Reporters are required to put what's happened up top, but the practiced pundit places a nugget of news, even a startling insight, halfway down the column, directed at the politiscenti. When pressed for time, the savvy reader starts there. ~ William Safire
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by William Safire
No one is self-sufficient.
And it's not a one-way thing-
-the generosity of spirit from one side provokes a response in kind from the other side. ~ Desmond Tutu
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Desmond Tutu
Listen," he cried in exaltation. "Listen, normals! You must learn what it is. You must learn how it is. You must tear the barriers down. You must tear the veils away. We see the truth you cannot see ... That there is nothing in man but love and faith, courage and kindness, generosity and sacrifice. All else is only the barrier of your blindness. One day we'll all be mind to mind and heart to heart ... ~ Alfred Bester
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Alfred Bester
Ravana all your wealth is wasted, what's the use of being rich if you won't spend your gold to do good for other people? ~ William Buck
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by William Buck
Your happiness in a relationship depends greatly on your ability to get your needs heard and taken seriously. If these decisions are taken over by an abusive or controlling partner, you experience disappointment after disappointment, the constant sacrificing of your needs. He, on the other hand, enjoys the luxury of a relationship where he rarely has to compromise, gets to do the things he enjoys, and skips the rest. He shows off his generosity when the stakes are low, so that friends will see what a swell guy he is. ~ Lundy Bancroft
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Lundy Bancroft
What a tremendous act of generosity on the part of the donors who made this possible and what a tremendous opportunity for all these children in Kalamazoo public schools who can now go to college and chase their dreams. ~ Jennifer Granholm
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Jennifer Granholm
What is called generosity is usually only the vanity of giving; we enjoy the vanity more than the thing given. ~ Francois De La Rochefoucauld
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Francois De La Rochefoucauld
As Jesus explained, the right things have to die so the right things can live
we die to selfishness, greed, power, accumulation, prestige, and self-preservation, giving life to community, generosity, compassion, mercy, brotherhood, kindness, and love. The gospel will die in the toxic soil of self. ~ Jen Hatmaker
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Jen Hatmaker
In Hawaii, many were especially helpful and supportive of this project, but nobody more than Mary Kennedy and Frank "Bamboo" Opperman. My landlords became close friends, and their Mokuleia compound will always hold a special place in my heart. Mokuleia equestrian Michael Daly was also extremely helpful to both Mike Ritter and myself. Another special thanks goes to Duc Nguyen and Minh Nga Vu, the proprietors of Duc's Bistro. The restaurant provided a safe harbor at a very tumultuous time in the project. Their generosity, grace, and delicious ~ Peter Maguire
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Peter Maguire
Doesn't it seem that it is always by chance that these things happen, or is it because of the generosity of a shared knowledge of suffering that allows for it? ~ David Gianadda
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by David Gianadda
when we say of any one that he is generous. The word generosity expresses a certain state of mind, but being a term of praise, it also expresses that this state of mind excites in us another mental state, called approbation. ~ John Stuart Mill
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by John Stuart Mill
What we see here (and in our lives) is that love inspires what the law demands - the law prescribes good works, but only grace can produce them. Gratitude, generosity, honesty, compassion, acts of mercy, and self-sacrifice (all requirements of the law) spring unsummoned from a forgiven heart. This is how God works on us. He picks us, the least deserving, out of the crowd, insists upon being in a relationship with us, and creates in us a new heart, miraculously capable of pleasing Him. ~ Tullian Tchividjian
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Tullian Tchividjian
Withhold no good impulse. You may fear that you will run to excess and squander too much, but those feelings are born of fear. In God's reality, the more you give of yourself-in feeling, generosity, self-expression, goodness, creativity, and love-the more you will be given. ~ Deepak Chopra
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Deepak Chopra
Life is so generous a giver, but we, judging its gifts by the covering, cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard. Remove the covering and you will find beneath it a living splendor, woven of love, by wisdom, with power. ~ Giovanni Giocondo
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Giovanni Giocondo
Generosity says a great deal about a person's emotional and spiritual development. When it's hard to give, or it feels like ripping away a part of the self, we are still anchored in our attachments or stories we've created about scarcity. If this applies to you, make friends with the part of you that feels resentful or finds it difficult to give. ~ Charlotte Kasl
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Charlotte Kasl
Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give time, we can give our expertise, we can give our love or simply give a smile. What does that cost? The point is, none of us can ever run out of something worthwhile to give. ~ Steve Goodier
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Steve Goodier
He laughed, and he made me laugh, and it was because his relationship to his faith was not a do-or-die mission but something life-giving and fluid. Like a river. Like a fountain. It was in the generosity of his faith and his love that I found the rest I'd been hoping for when I filled out the applications and packed my bags for Minnesota. ~ Addie Zierman
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Addie Zierman
Selah Moments: those times we lean into God's presence, hear His voice, and willingly receive the golden nuggets of truth-revelation He gifts us with. ~ Jo Ann Fore
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Jo Ann Fore
Success always calls for greater generosity - though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed. Collecting boot is not an end itself, but only a means for building an empire. Riches would be of little use to us now - except as a means of winning new friends. ~ Cyrus The Great
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Cyrus The Great
Those who applaud social production and networked amateurism, the colorful cacophony that is the Internet, and the creative capacities of everyday people to produce entertaining and enlightening things online, are right to marvel. There is amazing inventiveness, boundless talent and ability, and overwhelming generosity on display. Where they go wrong is thinking that the Internet is an egalitarian, let alone revolutionary, platform for our self-expression and development, that being able to shout into the digital torrent is adequate for democracy. ~ Astra Taylor
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Astra Taylor
I wish you the Love of friends and family...And Peace within your heart.
I wish you the Beauty of nature.
I wish you Generosity so you may share...All good things that come to you.
I wish you Happiness and Joy. ~ Unknown
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Unknown
Man is made of thought, of will and of love: he can think truth or error, he can will good or evil, he can love beauty or ugliness. Now thought of the true - or knowledge of the real - demands on the one hand willing of the good and on the other love of the beautiful, hence virtue, for virtue is none other than beauty of soul; that is why the Greeks, who were aesthetes as well as thinkers, included virtue within philosophy. Without beauty of soul, all willing is sterile, it is petty and closes itself to grace; and in an analogous manner: without effort of will, all spiritual thought ultimately remains superficial and ineffectual and leads to pretension. Virtue coincides with a sensibility proportioned - or conformed - to the Truth, and that is why the soul of the sage soars above things and thereby above itself, if one may put it thus; whence the disinterestedness, nobleness and generosity of great souls. Quite clearly, the consciousness of metaphysical principles cannot go hand in hand with moral pettiness, such as ambition and hypocrisy : "Be ye perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect. ~ Frithjof Schuon
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Frithjof Schuon
The heroic books, even if printed in the character of our mother tongue, will always be in a language dead to degenerate times; and we must laboriously seek the meaning of each word and line, conjecturing a larger sense than common use permits out of what wisdom and valor and generosity we have. ~ Henry David Thoreau
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Henry David Thoreau
It is the importance of this quality of generosity in fiction that requires a measure of childishness in the writer. People who have strong mental focus and a sense of purpose in their lives, people who have respect for all that grownups generally respect (earning a good living, the flag, the school system, those who are richer than oneself, those who are beloved and famous, such as movie stars), are unlikely ever to make it through the many revisions it takes to tell a story beautifully, without visible tricks, nor would they be able to tolerate the fame and fortune of those who tell stories stupidly, with hundreds of tricks, all of them old and boring to the discriminating mind. First, with his stubborn churlishness the good writer scoffs at what the grownups are praising, then, with his childish forgetfulness and indifference to what sensible people think, he goes back to his foolish pastime, the making of real art. ~ John Gardner
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by John Gardner
The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward. ~ Carol Ryrie Brink
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Carol Ryrie Brink
Tyranny brings ignorance and brutality with it. It degrades men from their just rank into the class of brutes; it damps their spirits; it suppresses art; it extinguishes every spark of noble ardor and generosity in the breasts of those who are enslaved by it; it makes naturally strong and great minds feeble and little, and triumphs over the ruins of virtue and humanity. ~ Jonathan Mayhew
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Jonathan Mayhew
Self-preservation is as important as generosity. Because if you don't preserve yourself, keep enough for yourself, then of course you have nothing to give. ~ Meg Wolitzer
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Meg Wolitzer
given the way companies function, this change is only possible if the principles and interests guiding corporations shift from being centered on profit to being centered on the morality of interdependence, which means benefit (profit) to all the communities we and they share. And that movement relies on each company's stockholders beginning to deepen their practices of generosity to overcome the hungry-ghost mentality, because these stockholders happen to also be consumers. Thus consumers have to demand changes in the M.O. of the companies we collectively control. So, our practices of generosity and livelihood (in other words, consumption and production) are . . . well . . . connected. ~ Ethan Nichtern
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Ethan Nichtern
A lack of generosity refuses to acknowledge that your assets are not really yours, but God's. ~ Timothy Keller
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Timothy Keller
He sat before a note book of blank pages, saying: I swallow my own words. I chew and chew everything until it deteriorates. Every thought or impulse I have is chewed into nothingness. I want to capture all my thoughts at once, but they run in all directions. If I could do this I would be capturing the nimblest of minds, like a shoal of minnows. I would reveal innocence and duplicity, generosity and calculation, fear and cowardice and courage. I want to tell the whole truth, but I cannot tell the whole truth because I would have to write four pages at once, like four columns simultaneously, four pages to the present one, and so I do not write at all. I would have to write backwards, retrace my steps constantly to catch the echoes and overtones. ~ Anais Nin
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Anais Nin
It is easy to love and sing one's love. That is something I am extremely good at doing. Indeed, that is my art. But to be loved, that is true greatness. Being loved, letting oneself be loved, entering the magic and dreadful circle of generosity, receiving gifts, finding the right thank-you's, that is love's real work. ~ Helene Cixous
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by Helene Cixous
May I reach That purest heaven - be to other souls The cup of strength in some great agony; Enkindle generous ardor, feed pure love, Beget the smiles that have no cruelty. Be the sweet presence of a good diffused, And in the diffusion ever more intense! So shall I join the choir invisible Whose music is the gladness of the world. ~ George Eliot
10 Nuggets Of Generosity quotes by George Eliot
Reyes Quotes «
» Charity Quotes