911 Attacks Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 911 Attacks.

Quotes About 911 Attacks

Enjoy collection of 38 911 Attacks quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 911 Attacks. Righ click to see and save pictures of 911 Attacks quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

In 2001 New York came under attack, and thousands of people simply evaporated, leaving behind only dust and bits of gold Rolex watches. We were told that we had nothing to worry about, that we should go shopping. I was eager to please my country, for shopping had long been an answer for me, but what I couldn't pay for, I stole. I started to accumulate stuff I felt would make me feel whole: I surrounded myself with symbols of status. I believed the TV commercials with all my heart. I felt that those material things I was being sold defined me. ~ Joe Pantoliano
911 Attacks quotes by Joe Pantoliano
The coronavirus pandemic is going to be the biggest event of our lifetime. Bigger than 9/11. As if 9/11 happened in every city on earth at the same time. ~ Oliver Markus Malloy
911 Attacks quotes by Oliver Markus Malloy
First, the probability of fire causing the total collapse of a steel-framed high-rise building is exceedingly low. Such an event has never occurred prior to or since September 11, 2001. On the other hand, every total collapse of a steel-framed high-rise building in history has been caused by controlled demolition. ~ Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth
911 Attacks quotes by Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth
The World Trade Center cross has become a Christian icon. It has been blessed by so-called holy men and presented as a reminder that their God, who couldn't be bothered to stop the terrorists or prevent 3,000 people from being killed in his name, cared only enough to bestow upon us some rubble that resembles a cross. [The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Comedy Central, 4 August 2011] ~ David Silverman
911 Attacks quotes by David Silverman
If there is any solace to be found in the carnage of September 11th, may I find it in understanding that the potential to do great good can handily rival the tendency to carry out great evil. And out of that understanding may I commit in my own life to make certain that in such a critical rivalry I will ensure that towers will never fall because of me, but people will be raised up due to me. ~ Craig D. Lounsbrough
911 Attacks quotes by Craig D. Lounsbrough
You would think after numerous attacks of grief the human body would be unable to process any more sadness. But our hearts have an annoying amount of endurance. ~ Samantha Young
911 Attacks quotes by Samantha Young
Objectivity works to repel the attacks of critics, like a kind of ethical pepper spray. ~ Brooke Gladstone
911 Attacks quotes by Brooke Gladstone
When I was immobilized by fear, I might have a panic attack. I've had a couple of panic attacks in my life. ~ Gail Sheehy
911 Attacks quotes by Gail Sheehy
I know it is fiction to imagine, but what would happen if we stood on the rubble of attacks against us, whether literal or figurative, physical or emotional, personal or political, and we chose to forgive rather than escalate? What does that world look like? Maybe we'll never know. But I like to pretend. ~ Hugh Howey
911 Attacks quotes by Hugh Howey
If wars create vast sums of money for the global elite, is it possible the Soviets, the Viet Cong and Muslim extremists were, or are, also fabricated enemies of the West along with North Korea? Or at least exaggerated threats? ~ James Morcan
911 Attacks quotes by James Morcan
Defending ourselves from internet-based attacks, internet-originated attacks, is much, much more important than our ability to launch attacks against similar targets in foreign countries. ~ Edward Snowden
911 Attacks quotes by Edward Snowden
We will stop 99 per cent of the attacks. But one per cent of attacks might get through and that is what I am saying. ~ Rahul Gandhi
911 Attacks quotes by Rahul Gandhi
Terrorism attacks peoples' trust in the system of their state. There is protection, but only if there is collective action and collective understanding about how to really deal with this phenomenon. ~ Ashraf Ghani
911 Attacks quotes by Ashraf Ghani
Be aware that you are always invulnerable to personal attacks inspired by envy and spite. ~ Allen Drury
911 Attacks quotes by Allen Drury
Surely, if it is the right of the people to "alter or abolish," it is their right to criticize, even severely, policies they believe destructive of the ends for which government has been established. This principle, in the Declaration of Independence, suggests that true patriotism lies in supporting the values the country is supposed to cherish: equality, life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness. When our government compromises, undermines, or attacks those values, it is being unpatriotic. ~ Howard Zinn
911 Attacks quotes by Howard Zinn
I grew up very self-loathing. I was a phobic. I had anxiety. I had panic attacks. ~ Dane Cook
911 Attacks quotes by Dane Cook
Let me close as I did in Gander on September 11, 2002 when I went to that community to thank the people of Gander and the people of Canada for the overwhelming support and help that was given to us in the wake of those attacks on September 11, 2001. ~ Paul Cellucci
911 Attacks quotes by Paul Cellucci
The attacks on old words and the coining of new are the visible tip of the iceberg of change. ~ Michelene Wandor
911 Attacks quotes by Michelene Wandor
Attacks on a politician's identity - questioning Romney's religion, say, or Obama's birthplace - tend to come when an opponent is desperate and can't sell himself. ~ Jon Meacham
911 Attacks quotes by Jon Meacham
When laziness attacks a woman, it always avoids her tongue. ~ Evan Esar
911 Attacks quotes by Evan Esar
I strongly support the call to greatly expand our human intelligence capability to penetrate al Qaeda and gather critical intelligence to prevent terrorist attacks on our homeland. ~ Jim Ramstad
911 Attacks quotes by Jim Ramstad
We made air attacks on the Japanese anchorage, sinking and damaging several vessels. However, the Japanese were alerted to the fact that American carriers were nearby. ~ Jack Adams
911 Attacks quotes by Jack Adams
We will stop the terrorist attacks before they occur because we will not be prisoners to political correctness. Rather, we will speak the truth. Border security is national security and we will not be admitting jihadists as refugees. ~ Ted Cruz
911 Attacks quotes by Ted Cruz
I grew up playing war. We threw dirt and rocks at each other. We'd lead attacks. We'd break up into squads. It became a neighborhood thing for a while, our neighborhood against the other neighborhood. There was always a war breaking out somewhere. ~ David James Elliott
911 Attacks quotes by David James Elliott
You who came of age in the past decade have had eight years of a Black U.S. president, and that gloss looked good, and there were even a few inches gained on some issues such as health care, and maybe that can cause a person to relax a bit. But think of how exponentially drone attacks increased under Obama, how many Black people were shot by police under Obama, because the violence is systemic. How many of the people now hearteningly pledging to sign up for a Muslim registry signed up for a Black Lives Matter or protested the discriminatory immigration program NSEERS? The National Security Entry-Exit Registration System subjected my students from the Middle East to hours of interrogation and intimidation every time they reentered after going home to visit their families, arbitrarily barred tons of innocent people from entry, and was ineffective against terrorism anyway. It's systemic injustice we are after changing, and we should not ever be lulled. ~ Mohja Kahf
911 Attacks quotes by Mohja Kahf
It's one of the fliers from the apocalypse cults that sprang up like pimples on greased skin after the attacks. It ~ Susan Ee
911 Attacks quotes by Susan Ee
We're here so that Afghanistan does not once again become a sanctuary for transnational extremists the way it was when al-Qaeda planned the 9/11 attacks in the Kandahar area, conducted the initial training for the attackers in training camps in Afghanistan before they moved on to Germany and then to U.S. flight schools. ~ David Petraeus
911 Attacks quotes by David Petraeus
Powerful new drug-free treatments have been developed for depression and for every conceivable type of anxiety, such as chronic worrying, shyness, public speaking anxiety, test anxiety, phobias, and panic attacks. The goal of the treatment is not just partial improvement but full recovery. ~ David D. Burns
911 Attacks quotes by David D. Burns
The wolf attacks with his fang, the bull with his horn. ~ Horace
911 Attacks quotes by Horace
Most bullies are the product of a stressful and often abusive home life. Next time a bully threatens or attacks you, just yell, 'Don't abuse me like your parents abuse you!' Then call children's services and tell them you saw this bully crying in the bathroom and you're worried about him. Bam! He just got moved to a foster home. ~ Eugene Mirman
911 Attacks quotes by Eugene Mirman
When a captive lion steps out of his cage, he comes into a wider world than the lion who has known only the wilds. While he was in captivity, there were only two worlds for him - the world of the cage, and the world outside the cage. Now he is free. He roars. He attacks people. He eats them. Yet he is not satisfied, for there is no third world that is neither the world of the cage nor the world outside the cage. ~ Yukio Mishima
911 Attacks quotes by Yukio Mishima
In my experience, the words "now just calm down" almost inevitably have the opposite effect on the person you are speaking to. ~ Elyn R. Saks
911 Attacks quotes by Elyn R. Saks
The biggest problem we faced was people stealing our nets and fish. Sometimes the thieves would ruin the nets by cutting the fish out. The first time it happened, I asked my dad if we should call the police, but he said, "Son, where we live, I am 911." He policed the river and would awaken many times during the night to check out boats he heard motoring by. I was with him during a few confrontations after we caught people in the act of stealing our nets. They were the most intense moments of my childhood. How my dad handled these situations was in a way a reflection of his growth as a Christian. He started out with a shotgun and a threat to use it if he ever caught them stealing again. But then one day when we caught two guys red-handed, Dad raised his shotgun and gave one of the best sermons from the Bible I've ever heard. Toward the end of our commercial-fishing career, he would have the gun but not raise it, give the sermon, and then give them the fish. He would tell them, "If you wanted some fish, all you had to do was ask." I actually saw grown men shed tears over this approach, and a couple of them came to the Lord. ~ Jase Robertson
911 Attacks quotes by Jase Robertson
The early reviews of Dick Cheney's memoir have not evaluated the book, but instead have used its publication as an occasion for attacks on Cheney and his record, with general assaults on George W. Bush's administration thrown in for good measure. ~ Elliott Abrams
911 Attacks quotes by Elliott Abrams
This morning we were notified about the horrible news of the series of terrorist attacks in the United States, that have left a great trail of destruction. Mexico expresses its condolences to the Government and the American people for the irreparable human losses. We also express our energetic condemnation to these attacks. I have informed President George Bush of our feelings of sorrow and our solidarity in such difficult moments. ~ Vicente Fox
911 Attacks quotes by Vicente Fox
No, the menace of the supernatural is that it attacks where modern minds are weakest, where we have abandoned our protective armor of superstition and have no substitute defense. ~ Shirley Jackson
911 Attacks quotes by Shirley Jackson
It was with horror that I learned of the abominable terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington in which so many innocent people have lost their lives. My government staunchly condemns these acts of terrorism. The German people are at the side of the United States of America in this difficult hour. I wish to express my deep-felt condolences and complete solidarity to you and the American people. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. ~ Gerhard Schroder
911 Attacks quotes by Gerhard Schroder
Rebellion is in no way the demand for total
freedom. On the contrary, rebellion puts total freedom up for trial. It specifically attacks the unlimited
power that authorizes a superior to violate the forbidden frontier. Far from demanding general
independence, the rebel wants it to be recognized that freedom has its limits everywhere that a human
being is to be found - the limit being precisely that human being's power to rebel. The most profound
reason for rebellious intransigence is to be found here. The more aware rebellion is of demanding a just
limit, the more inflexible it becomes. The rebel undoubtedly demands a certain degree of freedom for
himself; but in no case, if he is consistent, does he demand the right to destroy the existence and the
freedom of others. He humiliates no one. The freedom he claims, he claims for all; the freedom he
refuses, he forbids everyone to enjoy. He is not only the slave against the master, but also man against the
world of master and slave. Therefore, thanks to rebellion, there is something more in history than the
relation between mastery and servitude. Unlimited power is not the only law. It is in the name of another
value that the rebel affirms the impossibility of total freedom while he claims for himself the relative
freedom necessary to recognize this impossibility. Every human freedom, at its very roots, is therefore
relative. Absolute freedom, which is the free ~ Albert Camus
911 Attacks quotes by Albert Camus
911 Quotes «
» 911 Truth Movement Quotes