80 S Eighties Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 80 S Eighties.

Quotes About 80 S Eighties

Enjoy collection of 49 80 S Eighties quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 80 S Eighties. Righ click to see and save pictures of 80 S Eighties quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Hey, do you want to end this right now?" Her eyes flared. "I wouldn't have asked you out if I'd wanted to end it. Sit back, eat and enjoy. Pretend I'm dead. ~ David Bischoff
80 S Eighties quotes by David Bischoff
It's better to swallow pride than blood. ~ David Bischoff
You can't judge a book by its cover," he said. "No," said Watts. "But you can tell how much it's gonna cost! ~ David Bischoff
This is 1987. A girl can be whatever she wants to be." "I know," said Ray. "My mums a plumber. ~ David Bischoff
You break his heart," Watts told Amanda, "I'll break your face! ~ David Bischoff
GMOs are found in nearly 80% of processed food in the United States. Currently, up to 92% of U.S. corn is consumed what are you eating GMO with zoe lister-jonesgenetically engineered, as are 94% of soybeans and 94% of cotton. In short, they are everywhere. ~ Zoe Lister-Jones
80 S Eighties quotes by Zoe Lister-Jones
A great paradox...red states are poorere and have more teen mothers, more divorce, worse health, more obesity, more trauma-related deaths, more low-birth-weight babies, and lower school enrollment....The gap in life expectancey between Louisiana (75.7) and Connecticut (80.8) is the same as that between the U.S. and Nicaragua....And the problem transcends race; an average black in Maryland lives four years longer, earns twice as much, and is twice as likely to have a college degree as a black in Louisiana. And whites in Louisiana are wrose off than whites in Maryland or anywhere else outside Mississippi. Louisiana has suffered many environmental problems too: there are nearly 400 miles of low, flat, subsiding coastline, adn the state loses a football field-size patch of wetland every hour. It is threatened by rising sea levels and severe hurricanes, which the world's top scientists connect to climate change. ~ Arlie Russell Hochschild
80 S Eighties quotes by Arlie Russell Hochschild
Benjamin Franklin, who was already in his eighties when he befriended Webster, and who advocated spelling reform, had encouraged the younger man to adopt his ideas. Franklin proposed that we lose c, w, y, and j; modify a and u to represent their different sounds; and adopt a new form of s for sh and a variation on y for ng as well as tweak the h of th to distinguish the sounds of "thy" and "thigh," "swath" and "swathe." If Franklin had had his way, he would have been the Saint Cyril of America - Cyril "perfected" the Greek alphabet for the Russian language; hence the Cyrillic alphabet - and American English would look like Turkish. ~ Mary Norris
80 S Eighties quotes by Mary Norris
Your life, your health and your weight are 80% due to what you eat, and 20% due to activity level, sunlight exposure, stress levels and adequate rest. ~ Nancy S. Mure
80 S Eighties quotes by Nancy S. Mure
Laos is the most heavily bombed country in the history of the world. From 1964 to 1973, the United States dropped more than two million tons of ordnance on Laos to disrupt the Ho Chi Minh Trail and try to stanch a Communist insurgency - more than was dropped on all of Germany and Japan during World War II. There were 580,000 bombing missions, which averages out to one every eight minutes for nine years. Sometimes, U.S. planes returning to Thailand from missions over Vietnam indiscriminately dropped their remaining bombs on Laos. More than 270 million cluster munitions - "bombies" - were used, and 80 million of them failed to detonate. In the four decades since the end of the war, only 1 percent have been cleared. More than fifty thousand people have been killed or injured in UXO accidents; over the last decade, nearly half of those casualties have been children. ~ Ben Rhodes
80 S Eighties quotes by Ben  Rhodes
She hated him, this man, and these men: the ones who picked her up without expression and used her without emotion. The ones who picked her up with no more regard than they had for picking lint off the collars of their well-pressed suits. She preferred the sweaty nervousness of young virgins or the eager speediness of excited old vets with their knobby fingers and waxy breath to these cold, hard men. These were the ones who called her squaw. Who called her half-breed, the ones who would just as soon slap her than bother to put on the condom she always handed them. She often wondered why they didn't just keep the $80 it cost to be with her and drive their comfortable, bucket-seated SUVs home to the suburbs. They could kiss their wives hello and then slip into very hot showers to jerk off for free. Their peckish wives could spend the money they saved spending an afternoon getting the silk wraps and pedicures that would goad them into putting out anyways. To these men she had no name and no face. She was a hole. Consequently, she held no regard for these bastards. She gave them the calculated respect accorded to dangerous dogs. ~ Cherie Dimaline
80 S Eighties quotes by Cherie Dimaline
What does a political revolution look like? It means that 80 percent of the people vote in national elections, not 40 percent. It means that billionaires can't make unlimited campaign contributions and buy and sell politicians. It means that the U.S. government represents the needs of all the people, not just the 1 percent and their lobbyists. ~ Bernie Sanders
80 S Eighties quotes by Bernie Sanders
Doesn't the Federal Farm bill help out all these poor farmers?
No. It used to, but ever since its inception just after the Depression, the Federal Farm Bill has slowly been altered by agribusiness lobbyists. It is now largely corporate welfare ... It is this, rather than any improved efficiency or productiveness, that has allowed corporations to take over farming in the United States, leaving fewer than a third of our farms still run by families.
But those family-owned farms are the ones more likely to use sustainable techniques, protect the surrounding environment, maintain green spaces, use crop rotations and management for pest and weed controls, and apply fewer chemicals. In other words, they're doing exactly what 80 percent of U.S. consumers say we would prefer to support, while our tax dollars do the opposite. ~ Barbara Kingsolver
80 S Eighties quotes by Barbara Kingsolver
In the nineteen-eighties, rates of obesity started to rise sharply in the U.S. and around the world. By the nineteen-nineties, obesity reached epidemic proportions. ~ John Seabrook
80 S Eighties quotes by John Seabrook
I have serious concerns about whether it's prudent to give any foreign country substantial leverage over the U.S. economy. Instead of spending $80 billion on important programs here at home, we're sending this money overseas just to pay interest on our debt. ~ Tim Johnson
80 S Eighties quotes by Tim Johnson
We have 2 million users in the U.S. and about 13 million worldwide in more than 200 countries. We're getting 80,000 new users each day. And more than half a million people are connected via Skype at any given moment. ~ Niklas Zennstrom
80 S Eighties quotes by Niklas Zennstrom
But if sedentary behavior makes us fat and physical activity prevents it, shouldn't the "exercise explosion" and the "new fitness revolution" have launched and epidemic of leanness rather than coinciding with an epidemic of obesity? ~ Gary Taubes
80 S Eighties quotes by Gary Taubes
Last month, 80,000 Americans signed on to new jobs, but 85,000 Americas signed on for Social Security disability checks. Most of these people are not 'disabled' as that term is generally understood. Rather, it's the U.S. economy that's disabled, and thus Obama incentivizes dependency. ~ Mark Steyn
80 S Eighties quotes by Mark Steyn
In Egypt, on the eve of Tahrir Square, there was a major poll which found that overwhelmingly - 80-90%, numbers like that - Egyptians regarded the main threats they face as the U.S. and Israel. They don't like Iran - Arabs generally don't like Iran - but they didn't consider it a threat. ~ Noam Chomsky
80 S Eighties quotes by Noam Chomsky
What makes a man's 80 year-old Irish uncle skip like a little boy? Me Father is very fond of me! ~ John Ortberg Jr.
80 S Eighties quotes by John Ortberg Jr.
According to Bishop, the author of The Big Sort, in 1976 less than 25% of Americans lived in places where the presidential election was a landslide. In other words, we lived next door to and attended school and worshiped with people who held different beliefs than ours. We were ideologically diverse. In contrast, in 2016, 80% of U.S. counties gave either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton a landslide victory. Most of us no longer even live near people who are all that different from us in terms of political and social beliefs. ~ Brene Brown
80 S Eighties quotes by Brene Brown
Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct. ~ Gaylord Nelson
80 S Eighties quotes by Gaylord Nelson
By the end of the writing process, which is about 80 songs per album, I look at the material and think, what's going to make a difference in someone's life. ~ Jason Mraz
80 S Eighties quotes by Jason Mraz
In the Communist Party, we address problems very openly and sometimes very vocally, and we point out abuses. This is a good thing. We exercise self-criticism once a year. Although 80 percent of the members of the National Assembly are also members of the Communist Party, this does not prevent them from sharply criticizing the administrative and governmental system. ~ Nguyen Minh Triet
80 S Eighties quotes by Nguyen Minh Triet
One IT executive in an investment banking company claimed that 80 percent of his company's programming code was dedicated to linking disparate systems, as opposed to creating new capabilities. ~ Jeanne W. Ross
80 S Eighties quotes by Jeanne W. Ross
We can safely abandon the doctrine of the eighties, namely that the rich were not working because they had too little money, the poor because they had much. ~ John Kenneth Galbraith
80 S Eighties quotes by John Kenneth Galbraith
Throughout the nineteen-seventies and eighties, especially during periods of recession, employees were moved from offices to cubicles. ~ Jill Lepore
80 S Eighties quotes by Jill Lepore
We want to get 80%-85% of predictions right, not 100%. Or else we calibrated our estimates in the wrong way. ~ Nate Silver
80 S Eighties quotes by Nate Silver
Characters I've played, they used to impact my paintings, like 80 percent of the time, and especially when I was doing an action film. ~ Sylvester Stallone
80 S Eighties quotes by Sylvester Stallone
Maybe T-shirts should stick to something obvious, like i'm a girl or 80% water or likely to breathe. ~ Shannon Hale
80 S Eighties quotes by Shannon Hale
I'd be happy to live till 80 as long as I was comfortable and in good health. Mind you, ask me again on the eve of my 80th birthday. Even so, I hope we don't all start living to be 120. I'm not sure I'd cope with another 60 years. ~ Bonnie Tyler
80 S Eighties quotes by Bonnie Tyler
The survey findings reflect the growing trend toward incentive compensation programs as a way for employers to share the wealth with workers, ... Roughly 80 percent of those surveyed offer bonus programs and 401(k) or profit-sharing plans ... as they compete for the best and brightest workforce. ~ Jerry Jasinowski
80 S Eighties quotes by Jerry Jasinowski
I spent most of my childhood welded to my Atari 2600, until I got my first computer, a TRS-80. ~ Ernest Cline
80 S Eighties quotes by Ernest Cline
I'm fascinated by people in their eighties and nineties. Especially those who are still creating and living in an interesting way. I am fascinated by them because they have so much to say now that they've lived for so long. ~ Morrissey
80 S Eighties quotes by Morrissey
I stick to playing Brahms, but I love listening to Led Zeppelin, and I've also been a big fan of Earth Wind and Fire since the Seventies and of The Gap Band since the Eighties. ~ Condoleezza Rice
80 S Eighties quotes by Condoleezza Rice
A long decade ago economic growth was the reigning fashion of political economy. It was simultaneously the hottest subject of economic theory and research, a slogan eagerly claimed by politicians of all stripes, and a serious objective of the policies of governments. The climate of opinion has changed dramatically. Disillusioned critics indict both economic science and economic policy for blind obeisance to aggregate material "progress," and for neglect of its costly side effects. Growth, it is charged, distorts national priorities, worsens the distribution of income, and irreparably damages the environment. Paul Erlich speaks for a multitude when he says, "We must acquire a life style which has as its goal maximum freedom and happiness for the individual, not a maximum Gross National Product." [in Nordhaus, William D. and James Tobin., "Is growth obsolete?" Economic Research: Retrospect and Prospect Vol 5: Economic Growth. Nber, 1972. 1-80] ~ James Tobin
80 S Eighties quotes by James Tobin
20% of management theories are responsible for 80% of results. That's assuming the Pareto Principle makes the cut. ~ Ryan Lilly
80 S Eighties quotes by Ryan Lilly
The platypus, as it turns out, derives its DNA from a menagerie of creatures. When its genome was fully decoded, it was found only to be 80% mammalian, and had genes found previously only in reptilian, bird, amphibian, and fish DNA. ~ B.C. Chase
80 S Eighties quotes by B.C. Chase
When the guilty verdict was handed down, I walked outside and saw a rainbow encircling the sun. Everyone in Monrovia could see it. It was a hot day, 80 or 90 degrees. I don't remember seeing any raindrops fall. I thought, this is a sign. ~ Leymah Gbowee
80 S Eighties quotes by Leymah Gbowee
The campaign was also among the most heated in recent memory, or short -term anticipation. The soon-to-be Opposition Leader never tired of listing the promises the new Prime Minister would break; she in turn countered with statistics of the mess he'd create as Treasurer, in the mid-eighties. (The causes of that impending recession were still being debated by economists; most claimed it was an "essential precursor" of the prosperity of the nineties , and that The Market, in its infinite, time -spanning wisdom, would choose / had chosen the best of all possible futures. Personally, I suspect it simply proved that even foresight was no cure for incompetence. ~ Greg Egan
80 S Eighties quotes by Greg Egan
What are you watching?"
One shoulder rose in a shrug. "Looks like an informercial for music of the eighties. Thinking about buying it. ~ J. Lynn
80 S Eighties quotes by J. Lynn
All I'm saying is that Louis Vuitton and L'Oreal didn't invent branding at some point in the mid-Eighties. Big, reassuring names have been around a long time. ~ Peter York
80 S Eighties quotes by Peter York
To me, the act of writing itself is infinitely more important than any success I have achieved through it. Not that I'm knocking success, but after all, I'm the person locked in front of my TRS 80 anywhere from eight to twelve hours a day. ~ Jacqueline Briskin
80 S Eighties quotes by Jacqueline Briskin
When Goya was 80 he drew an ancient man propped on two sticks, with a great mass of white hair and beard all over his face, and the inscription, "I am still learning." ~ Simone De Beauvoir
80 S Eighties quotes by Simone De Beauvoir
I always say that you could publish trading rules in the newspaper and no one would follow them. The key is consistency and discipline. Almost anybody can make up a list of rules that are 80 percent as good as what we taught people. What they couldn't do is give them the confidence to stick to those rules even when things are going bad. ~ Richard Dennis
80 S Eighties quotes by Richard Dennis
I live in a world in which 40 men control wealth equal to that of nearly 80 countries, where to maintain their hegemony, countless acts of mayhem and massacre must occur every day. This is the reality that forms and reforms my days as it does those of all people on this hapless planet. I do not think any more that writing - mine or another's - can change the world. Perhaps in their small way, writers can answer for those who are voiceless in their extreme deprivation and suffering, but at best, in the very smallest scheme, writing can provide a moment of grace, both for her who writes and him who reads, in a very dark world. ~ Cecile Pineda
80 S Eighties quotes by Cecile Pineda
Like, a song could be really tricky and intricate and be really intellectually stimulating, but I don't think that's the song that that I'm going to throw on 80% of the time. The songs that I really want to listen to are the ones that I can really feel. ~ Theresa Wayman
80 S Eighties quotes by Theresa Wayman
The 80/20 rule asserts that approximately 80 percent of the effects generated by any large system are caused by 20 percent of the variables in that system. ~ William Lidwell
80 S Eighties quotes by William Lidwell
The reason why most of our plans fail it is because when people are giving us a hand in what we do. We have our hands in our pockets or folded. 80 % is on you to make things happen. When people help you they help you with 20 %. If you don't have 80 % percent ready. Your dreams, goals or what you are trying to achieve, will fail even thou there are people helping you. Help yourself with 80 percent, before people help you with 20 percent to achieve your goals and dreams. ~ De Philosopher DJ Kyos
80 S Eighties quotes by De Philosopher DJ Kyos
Products Quotes «
» 80 S Quotes