600 Million Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 600 Million.

Quotes About 600 Million

Enjoy collection of 67 600 Million quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 600 Million. Righ click to see and save pictures of 600 Million quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Organs evolve to perform a particular function, but once they exist, they can be adapted for other usages as well. Mouths, for example, appeared because the earliest multicellular organisms needed a way to take nutrients into their bodies. We still use our mouths for that purpose, but we also use them to kiss, speak and, if we are Rambo, to pull the pins out of hand grenades. Are any of these uses unnatural simply because our worm-like ancestors 600 million years ago didn't do those things with their mouths? ~ Yuval Noah Harari
600 Million quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
That's one of the nice things. I mean, part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich. So if I need $600 million, I can put $600 million myself. That's a huge advantage. I must tell you, that's a huge advantage over the other candidates. ~ Donald Trump
600 Million quotes by Donald Trump
When I was elected Governor, we had an audacious agenda that naysayers said couldn't be enacted with a Democrat majority in the state legislature. However, we worked across party lines and enacted historic reforms. Working together, we cut taxes by more than $600 million. ~ George Allen
600 Million quotes by George Allen
With a population of more than 600 million people, an emerging middle class that is driving strong consumption, and a robust and resilient economy, Southeast Asia presents a compelling growth opportunity for Starbucks. ~ Howard Schultz
600 Million quotes by Howard Schultz
If General Motors is worth $60 a share to an investor it must be because the full common-stock ownership of this gigantic enterprise as a whole is worth 43 million (shares) times $60, or no less than $2,600 million. ~ Benjamin Graham
600 Million quotes by Benjamin Graham
...carved marble figures in strata that "suggests the characters were made by intelligent humans from the distant past,"
a section of gold thread found in strata between 320 and 360 million years old,
a report in a nineteenth-century edition of Scientific American recording the discovery of a metallic vase in strata 600 million years old,
a chalk ball in France in strata 45-55 million years old,
a machined coin with undecipherable writing at least 200,000 years old, discovered in Illinois,
a clay figurine discovered in Idaho that is atleast two million years old.
The list of suppressed and conveniently forgotten discoveries goes on and on, ~ Joseph P. Farrell
600 Million quotes by Joseph P. Farrell
Is this Nation stating it cannot afford to spend an additional $600 million to help the developing nations of the world become strong and free and independentan amount less than this countrys annual outlay for lipstick, face cream, and chewing gum? ~ John F. Kennedy
600 Million quotes by John F. Kennedy
On why he has donated $600 million to selected charities. I simply decided I had enough money. ~ Chuck Feeney
600 Million quotes by Chuck Feeney
600 million years ago, the monopolizing grip of the algae was broken and an enormous proliferation of new lifeforms emerged, an event called the Cambrian explosion. Life had arisen almost immediately after the origin of the Earth, which suggests that life may be an inevitable chemical process on an Earth-like planet. ~ Carl Sagan
600 Million quotes by Carl Sagan
Computation, storage, and communications capacity are in the hands of practically every connected person - and these are the basic physical capital means necessary for producing information, knowledge and culture, in the hands of something like 600 million to a billion people around the planet. ~ Yochai Benkler
600 Million quotes by Yochai Benkler
How can the reality of 600 million Chinese be ignored? ~ Janio Quadros
600 Million quotes by Janio Quadros
I told the Icelandic prime minister that it appeared that large sums of money had been taken out of the UK from the Kaupthing branches, which was a serious breach of FSA regulations. The FSA had to find out by the end of the afternoon whether or not that breach had taken place. If it had, they would close the bank. He asked whether the money was needed today and how much it was. I said it was about £600 million, small beer for us but a huge amount for him. It was urgent, I said, that he look into it immediately. His response rang alarm bells. He asked if there was any chance that the amount could be negotiated down. I said there was no chance and that the money had to be returned before the end of the weekend. I suspected we would end up having to close the banks the following week. ~ Alistair Darling
600 Million quotes by Alistair Darling
If you won 600 million dollars in the lottery, would you go out the next day and break into cars to steal the change from the cup holders? That's what sleeping around is like when you've already found a woman who will pledge her life and her entire being to you for the remainder of her existence.
You tell me that you are in an "open marriage." I will probably be lambasted for "judging" you for it, but, sorry Professor, an "open marriage" makes about as much sense as a plane without wings or a boat that doesn't float. Marriages, by definition, are supposed to be closed. Actually, I'm getting rather tired of people like you trying to hijack the institution, strip it of its beauty and purpose, and convert it into some shallow little thing that suits your vices. ~ Matt Walsh
600 Million quotes by Matt Walsh
Most of the moments of our life - and I calculated, you know, the psychological present is said to be about three seconds long; that means that, you know, in a life there are about 600 million of them; in a month, there are about 600,000 - most of them don't leave a trace. ~ Daniel Kahneman
600 Million quotes by Daniel Kahneman
Apart from their other characteristics, the outstanding thing about China's 600 million people is that they are "poor and blank". This may seem a bad thing, but in reality it is a good thing. Poverty gives rise to the desire for changes the desire for action and the desire for revolution. On a blank sheet of paper free from any mark, the freshest and most beautiful characters can be written; the freshest and most beautiful pictures can be painted. ~ Mao Zedong
600 Million quotes by Mao Zedong
The concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide has changed greatly since fossilized life began on Earth nearly 600 million years ago. In fact, there is only 1/19 as much CO2 in the air today as there was 520 million years ago. That high CO2 was hardly the recipe for disaster. ~ Greg Benson
600 Million quotes by Greg Benson
By over-all planning, we mean planning which takes into consideration the interests of the 600 million people of our country. In drawing up plans, handling affairs or thinking over problems, we must proceed from the fact that China has a population of 600 million people, and we must never forget this fact. ~ Mao Zedong
600 Million quotes by Mao Zedong
I realize that Facebook today is a global success with more than 600 million users worldwide. But I also understand, maybe a bit sadly, that it is not for me. Perhaps it is because I am a bit too old? Or perhaps it is because I am more interested in exploring the epic text, which I have lived with for all my life. ~ Henning Mankell
600 Million quotes by Henning Mankell
I am totally for gun control in the U.S. The population of America is roughly 300 million and there are 300 million guns in this country, which is terrifying. Every day we're seeing some kid running rampant in a school. And do you know what the gun lobby's response to Newtown was? The National Rifle Association's official response was, 'If that teacher had been armed' It's crazy, ~ Liam Neeson
600 Million quotes by Liam Neeson
It wasn't belief in God, but belief in tradition, heritage and continuity that motivated me. Within my lifetime, six million Jews had died because of their religion and I too had been destined for death. It was a sacred trust to carry the flame forward to the next generation. ~ Diane Armstrong
600 Million quotes by Diane Armstrong
Sixty-six percent is the literacy rate in the Arab world. We have 58 million illiterate among adults in our part of the world. ~ Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned
600 Million quotes by Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned
I interpret your question as applying more to financial stability in the euro area than to the euro itself. I do not think there has been a crisis. The euro is the single currency of 330 million people and enjoys a high degree of confidence among investors and savers because it has delivered price stability remarkably well over the last 11½ years. What we had was a situation in which a number of countries had not respected the Stability and Growth Pact. These countries have now engaged in policies of fiscal retrenchment that were overdue. They have to implement vigorously these policies which are decisive for the preservation and consolidation of financial stability in Europe. ~ Jean Claude Trichet
600 Million quotes by Jean Claude Trichet
In the end the British will walk out because 100,000 British cannot control 350 million Indians if those Indians refuse to cooperate. A small minority cannot control an uncooperative majority, so they must be distracted, divided, tyrannized, or anesthetized into compliance. Gandhi dealt with the colonization of nations by nations; we deal now with the colonization of consciousness by corporations. ~ Russell Brand
600 Million quotes by Russell Brand
I wanted to tell everyone I was in love. I wanted to tell them how I felt. I wanted to scream if off the porch to complete strangers. It was a feeling that didn't want to be contained in the small privacy of my mind. Of course, I knew there would be no telling anyone. I'd heard the word so many times. But I'd never contemplated its meaning.
Love.
It hat explained itself to me. I was swept away by what it really meant. It was a word used to convey what had no language. It was a word used to explain a million things that couldn't be explained. It simplified what the heart could not. ~ Dan Skinner
600 Million quotes by Dan Skinner
A bad man can do a million times more harm than a beast. ~ Aristotle.
600 Million quotes by Aristotle.
[Turkish women] had lived free of the veil for 5,000 years, and had been covered only in the last 600 years. ~ Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
600 Million quotes by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
For a long time, I think my family thought I was living in a $3 million mansion in the Hollywood Hills. ~ Judy Greer
600 Million quotes by Judy Greer
I think comprehensive immigration reform while securing your border and dealing rationale with 11 million is the only way we're going to solve this problem. ~ Lindsey Graham
600 Million quotes by Lindsey Graham
RAIN IN MEASURED AMOUNTS

Another item of information provided in the Qur'an about rain is
that it is sent down to Earth in "due measure." This is mentioned in
Surat az-Zukhruf as follows:
It is He Who sends down water in measured amounts from the sky by
which We bring a dead land back to life. That is how you too will be
raised [from the dead]. (Qur'an, 43:11)
This measured quantity in rain has again been discovered by modern
research. It is estimated that in one second, approximately 16 million
tons of water evaporates from the Earth. This figure amounts to
513 trillion tons of water in one year. This number is equal to the
amount of rain that falls on the Earth in a year. Therefore, water continuously
circulates in a balanced cycle, according to a "measure." Life
on Earth depends on this water cycle. Even if all the available technology
in the world were to be employed for this purpose, this cycle could
not be reproduced artificially.
Even a minor deviation in this equilibrium would soon give rise to
a major ecological imbalance that would bring about the end of life on
Earth. Yet, it never happens, and rain continues to fall every year in
exactly the same measure, just as revealed in the Qur'an.
The proportion of rain does not merely apply to its quantity, but
also to the speed of the falling raindrops. The speed of raindrops,
regardless of their size, does n ~ Harun Yahya
600 Million quotes by Harun Yahya
I'd rather have 100,000 people who really get what I'm doing and like it for what it is than a million who can take it or leave it. ~ Kacey Musgraves
600 Million quotes by Kacey Musgraves
I really don't know where the independent fits in anymore when twenty-five million dollar movies are considered straight-to-video fare. We're like penny postage stamps. ~ Kurt Voss
600 Million quotes by Kurt Voss
But the Easter sacrifice in their own homes - well, think it over. I used to think the same as you, and I still hate to see the lambs and calves going home to their deaths on Good Friday. But isn't it a million times better than the way we do it at home, however 'humane' we try to be? Here, the lamb's petted, unsuspicious, happy - you see it trotting along with the children like a little dog. Till the knife's in its throat, it has no idea it's going to die. Isn't that better than those dreadful lorries at home, packed full of animals, lumbering on Mondays and Thursdays to the slaughterhouses, where, be as humane as you like, they can smell the blood and the fear, and have to wait their turn in a place just reeking of death? ~ Mary Stewart
600 Million quotes by Mary Stewart
In the UK and the US especially you've got a lot of throwaway artists who have their 40 million dancers and they do their show. There's many artists who would not do a live show because they know they can't. ~ Jamelia
600 Million quotes by Jamelia
Instead, the Nationals will pay Scherzer $15 million per season, but do so for 14 years; essentially, they've deferred half of each season's salary seven years into the future. ~ Max Scherzer
600 Million quotes by Max Scherzer
It seems impossible to find one man hiding in a city populated by more than a million people."
"Nearly two million," Westcliff said. "However, I have no doubt that he will be found. We have resources and the will to accomplish it."
Despite her concern, Evie could not prevent a smile as she reflected that he sounded very much like Lillian, who never accepted defeat. Seeing that Westcliff's brows had quirked slightly at the sight of her smile, she explained, "I was just thinking what a perfect match you are for a strong-willed woman like Lillian."
The mention of his adored wife brought a glow to the earl's eyes. "I would say she is no more determined or strong-willed than you," he replied, and added with a swift grin, "She merely happens to be noisier about it. ~ Lisa Kleypas
600 Million quotes by Lisa Kleypas
The total cost of the Federal Arts Project was only $23 million. Many of these paintings, sculptures and prints were given to museums, courthouses, public buildings. . .. I think that today those in museums alone are worth about $100 million. ~ Studs Terkel
600 Million quotes by Studs Terkel
Hey, Hiro," the black-and-white guy says, "you want to try some Snow Crash?"
A lot of people hang around in front of The Black Sun saying weird things. You
ignore them. But this gets Hiro's attention.
Oddity the first: The guy knows Hiro's name. But people have ways of getting
that information. It's probably nothing.
The second: This sounds like an offer from a drug pusher. Which would be normal
in front of a Reality bar. But this is the Metaverse. And you can't sell drugs
in the Metaverse, because you can't get high by looking at something.
The third: The name of the drug. Hiro's never heard of a drug called Snow Crash
before. That's not unusual -- a thousand new drugs get invented each year, and
each of them sells under half a dozen brand names.
But a "snow crash" is computer lingo. It means a system crash -- a bug -- at
such a fundamental level that it frags the part of the computer that controls
the electron beam in the monitor, making it spray wildly across the screen,
turning the perfect gridwork of pixels into a gyrating blizzard. Hiro has seen
it happen a million times. But it's a very peculiar name for a drug.
The thing that really gets Hiro's attention is his confidence. He has an
utterly calm, stolid presence. It's like talking to an asteroid. Which would
be okay if he were doing something that made the tiniest little bit of sense.
Hiro's trying to read some clues in the ~ Neal Stephenson
600 Million quotes by Neal Stephenson
I'm lonely, whispered Doctor Callow.
Don't be. There's a million worlds to play with. ~ Catherynne M Valente
600 Million quotes by Catherynne M Valente
My point is that life on earth can take care of itself. In the thinking of a human being, a hundred years in a long time. A hundred years ago, we didn't have cars and airplanes and computers and vaccines...It was a whole different world. But to the earth, a hundred years is *nothing*. A million years is *nothing*. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can't imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven't got the humility to try. We have been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we are gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us."

- Ian Malcolm ~ Michael Crichton
600 Million quotes by Michael Crichton
At a time when many churches throughout the world are experiencing significant decreases in numbers, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - though small in comparison with many others - is one of the fastest growing churches in the world. As of September 2013, the Church has more than 15 million members around the world. ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
600 Million quotes by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
In 1803, President Jefferson oversaw the purchase of this land from the French for $15 million. It doesn't sound like much for an area three times the size of France itself but given that they'd stolen it from the Native Americans in the first place, I suppose they couldn't grumble. Once some debts had been wiped and estate agents had taken their commission, Napoleon's France ended up pocketing a little more than $8 million. Which is about how much it cost Pepsi Cola to secure the services of Britney Spears. Times have changed. ~ Dave Gorman
600 Million quotes by Dave Gorman
She has decided to keep going, as anyone could tell by her closed eyes and calm expression. She realizes that all big decisions are ones that must be decided and decided again. She imagines that when you fall in love, you must decided to be in love a million times or more, and when you go to college, you must decide again and again to stay in college, and the same thing is true when you decide to run across the United States of America after a horrible tragedy.

When you are a person who cares for any other person, you must decide again to care, she also understands. ~ Deb Caletti
600 Million quotes by Deb Caletti
Super PACs and a corrupt campaign finance system are destroying American democracy. We're proud that we have received four million individual contributions, more than any candidate in American history at this point. ~ Bernie Sanders
600 Million quotes by Bernie Sanders
We cannot state that all Jews are Bolsheviks. But without Jews, there would never have been Bolshevism. For a Jew, nothing is more insulting than the truth. The blood maddened Jewish terrorists have murdered sixty-six million in Russia from 1918 to 1957. ~ Alexander Solschenizyn
600 Million quotes by Alexander Solschenizyn
Better see rightly on a pound a week than squint on a million. ~ George Bernard Shaw
600 Million quotes by George Bernard Shaw
You can never be perfect. But you can always do a million good things, for yourself and for others. Start and end your day with good things and whatever challenges you face in between only make you stronger. ~ Rita Zahara
600 Million quotes by Rita Zahara
Christianity is being concerned about [others], not building a million-dollar church while people are starving right around the corner. Christ was a revolutionary person, out there where it was happening. That's what God is all about, and that's where I get my strength. ~ Fannie Lou Hamer
600 Million quotes by Fannie Lou Hamer
In Antartica, The Wright and half a dozen other valleys in the Central Transantarctic Mountains are collectively referred to as the dry valleys. It has not rained here in two million years. No animal abides, no plant grows. A persistent, sometimes ferocious wind has stripped the country to stone and gravel, to streamers of sand. The huge valleys stand stark as empty fjords. You look in vain for any conventional sign of human history- the vestige of a protective wall, a bit of charcoal, a discarded arrowhead.

Nothing. There is no history, until you bore into the layers of rock or until the balls of your fingertips run the rim of a partially exposed fossil. At the height of the austral summer, in December, you smell nothing but the sunbeaten stone. In a silence dense as water, your eye picks up no movement but the sloughing of sand, seeking its angle of repose.

On the flight in from New Zealand it had occurred to me, from what I had read and heard, that Antarctica retained Earth's primitive link, however tenuous, with space, with the void that stretched out to Jupiter and Uranus. At the seabird rookeries of the Canadian Arctic or on the grasslands of the Serengeti, you can feel the vitality of the original creation; in the dry valleys you sense sharply what came before. The Archeozoic is like fresh spoor here. ~ Barry Lopez
600 Million quotes by Barry  Lopez
Let's start that conversation by acknowledging we aren't going to deport 12 million illegal immigrants. If you wish to work, if you wish to live and work in America, then we will find a place for you. ~ Rand Paul
600 Million quotes by Rand Paul
A million dollar question everyone is asking these days is what I am going to do with rest of my life. It is really really very Indefeasible thought. Let you keep it very simple by just being amazing today. With this rise of the sun, let you chase each opportunity to fill your day with meaning to live your life & make some splendid memories today. Let you use every bit of your best to design your life beautifully today. Let you also stop taking things you are blessed with for granted & start taking them with gratitude. Let you practice doing it everyday. Let your thoughts, words & deeds bring glory to you, your world & your God. Stay Celebrating Your Life! ~ Rajesh Goyal
600 Million quotes by Rajesh Goyal
It is a strange thing, looking at the sea. When it is calm, or with only gentle ripples, it gives an impression of being soft and kind. But often, on such a calm, the wind suddenly blows, thrusting the water back into angry waves. At such times, in a certain sense, one feels sorry for the sea. Never of itself offensive to others, it is all too often attacked by wind and rain, the rain falling densely upon it, shaming the beauty of its calm face with a million bouncing bubbles. Were the wind to stop blowing, the ocean, surely, would never afflict the land with any calamity, nor would any human beings suffer. ~ Tan Kok Seng
600 Million quotes by Tan Kok Seng
Palestine must be built up without violating the legitimate interests of the Arabs.. Palestine is not Rhodesia ... 600,0000 Arabs live there, who before the sense of justice of the world have exactly the same rights to their homes as we have to our National Home. ~ Chaim Weizmann
600 Million quotes by Chaim Weizmann
Last year, customs officials screened only five percent of the 11 million cargo containers entering the United States. That rate is both unacceptable and dangerous to our national and economic interests. ~ Allyson Schwartz
600 Million quotes by Allyson Schwartz
Insanity is starting over a million times, expecting to feel the spark you never did the first time. ~ Shannon L. Alder
600 Million quotes by Shannon L. Alder
There's a fortune of Authentic Vintage French Linen Tea Towels on every clothes line. These are the exact kind of linens that specialty shops in America sell for top dollar to affluent customers who pay dearly to add that touch of French Farmhouse Fabulousness to their million-dollar McMansions.

Flaubert is so wrong.

Even wash day in Normandy is achingly chic. ~ Vivian Swift
600 Million quotes by Vivian Swift
But the most reliable indication of the future of Open Source is its past: in just a few years, we have gone from nothing to a robust body of software that solves many different problems and is reaching the million-user count. There's no reason for us to slow down now. ~ Bruce Perens
600 Million quotes by Bruce Perens
Townsend's wife Rita, a striking, razor-sharp Latina lawyer, who seemed to be the brains in the household, lost her cool in front of the cameras at a rally in Charleston and called C2C a concha de tu madre before she could be hustled off the stage. Her press officer translated the phrase as "the seashell your mother likes," but the several million South Americans in the U.S. knew it to have a slightly different connotation. ~ Doug Magee
600 Million quotes by Doug Magee
I wish somebody would just give me a couple of million dollars a year, so that I could do a play based on every little fantasy I have. ~ Charles Busch
600 Million quotes by Charles Busch
That's the world that matters. The world where people glitter like diamonds with a million facets. Where people are like pearls, luminous as nacre on the surface but each with a speck that would destroy it if you were looking only for specks. ~ James A. Michener
600 Million quotes by James A. Michener
I don't want to rip away the security that people finally have; 18 million people now have healthcare; preexisting conditions are no longer a bar. ~ Hillary Clinton
600 Million quotes by Hillary Clinton
It's a very generous culture, American culture. I know you can't generalize 300 million people, but everyone I've met here has been so lovely to me. ~ Jacki Weaver
600 Million quotes by Jacki Weaver
Already, China's world-leading solar industry provides water heating for 35 million buildings, and India's pioneering use of rainwater harvesting brings clean water to tens of thousands of homes. ~ Christopher Flavin
600 Million quotes by Christopher Flavin
We can never totally return to the indefensible pre-1967 borders, ... We simply cannot afford to make Israel 14.48 km (9 miles) wide again at its center. We can't allow the Palestinians to be a couple of [miles] from [Tel Aviv's] Ben-Gurion Airport in the age of shoulder-fire missiles with the capacity to shoot down jumbo jets. But that doesn't mean we must remain in every corner of the West Bank or in Gaza, where fewer than 10,000 Jews, living next to 1.3 million Palestinians, have been protected by twice as many soldiers. ~ Ehud Olmert
600 Million quotes by Ehud Olmert
There are all sorts of ways you can take somebody's identity or change your own, and a million things you can do with it once you have. It's quite incredible. ~ Keeley Hawes
600 Million quotes by Keeley Hawes
What if Eminem was black? would he have sold five mil.
Or would he be 1 out of 5 million rappers with no deal? ~ Fredro Starr
600 Million quotes by Fredro Starr
Conor looked down at his hands, finally unclenching them. "Because what I thought was so wrong."
It was not wrong, the monster said, It was only a thought, one of a million. It was not an action. ~ Patrick Ness
600 Million quotes by Patrick Ness
The truth is, everyone likes to look down on someone. If your favorites are all avant-garde writers who throw in Sanskrit and German, you can look down on everyone. If your favorites are all Oprah Book Club books, you can at least look down on mystery readers. Mystery readers have sci-fi readers. Sci-fi can look down on fantasy. And yes, fantasy readers have their own snobbishness. I'll bet this, though: in a hundred years, people will be writing a lot more dissertations on Harry Potter than on John Updike. Look, Charles Dickens wrote popular fiction. Shakespeare wrote popular fiction - until he wrote his sonnets, desperate to show the literati of his day that he was real artist. Edgar Allan Poe tied himself in knots because no one realized he was a genius. The core of the problem is how we want to define "literature". The Latin root simply means "letters". Those letters are either delivered - they connect with an audience - or they don't. For some, that audience is a few thousand college professors and some critics. For others, its twenty million women desperate for romance in their lives. Those connections happen because the books successfully communicate something real about the human experience. Sure, there are trashy books that do really well, but that's because there are trashy facets of humanity. What people value in their books - and thus what they count as literature - really tells you more about them than it does about the book. ~ Brent Weeks
600 Million quotes by Brent Weeks
Morries Used Cars Quotes «
» Color Coding Quotes