3 15 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 3 15.

Quotes About 3 15

Enjoy collection of 68 3 15 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 3 15. Righ click to see and save pictures of 3 15 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence. 1 Peter 3:15 ~ Anonymous
3 15 quotes by Anonymous
The fifth and by far the most important reason is that stoning is literally a means of crushing the murderer's head by means of a rock, which is symbolic of God. This is analogous to the crushing of the head of the serpent in Genesis 3:15. This symbolism testifies to the final victory of God over all the hosts of Satan. Stoning is therefore integral to the commandment against murder. ~ Gary North
3 15 quotes by Gary North
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 When you're challenged or asked about your faith, you shouldn't respond arrogantly. You shouldn't be defiant or forceful, as if you were tearing trees out of the ground. Rather, you should respond with fear and humility, as if you were standing before God and answering him. If you were summoned before kings and princes and had prepared yourself well in advance with Scripture, you might think, "Just wait; I'll answer correctly." But the devil will grab the sword out of your hands and give you a shove. You will be disgraced and find out you put your armor on in vain. He can even take your best verses from your hands so that you can't use them, even though you have them memorized. God allows this to happen to subdue your arrogance and make you humble. ~ Martin Luther
3 15 quotes by Martin Luther
They did not ask my permission for their mediocrity, why should I ask theirs for excellence? ~ Murad S. Shah
3 15 quotes by Murad S. Shah
This father, indeed, is what the various fathers of the biblical story - from Noah to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to David - never quite managed to be with their own families. He does what they rarely managed to do with their own power: use it for ever-increasing abundance and blessing. He is an icon of the true image. Indeed, in the holy hilarity of his greeting, the lavishness of his feast, and the eagerness of his pleading, we glimpse not just an image bearer but the very One "from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name" (Ephesians 3:15), whose image is meant to be refracted in his sons and daughters. Like him, we are meant to pour out our power fearlessly, spend our privilege recklessly, and leave our status in the dust of our headlong pursuit of love. ~ Andy Crouch
3 15 quotes by Andy Crouch
The church is far greater than [a building or denomination]. It includes the whole family of God - that vast unseen fellowship of men and women throughout the ages who belong to Christ. Paul wrote of "God's household, which is the church of the living God" [1 Timothy 3:15 NIV). ~ Billy Graham
3 15 quotes by Billy Graham
Pudge/Colonel:
"I am sorry that I have not talked to you before. I am not staying for graduation. I leave for Japan tomorrow morning. For a long time, I was mad at you. The way you cut me out of everything hurt me, and so I kept what I knew to myself.

But then even after I wasn't mad anymore, I still didn't say anything, and I don't even really know why. Pudge had that kiss,

I guess. And I had this secret.
You've mostly figured this out, but the truth is that I saw her that night, I'd stayed up late with Lara and some people, and then I was falling asleep and I heard her crying outside my back window. It was like 3:15 that morning, maybe, amd I walked out there and saw her walking through the soccer field. I tried to talk to her, but she was in a hurry. She told me that her mother was dead eight years that day, and that she always put flowers on her mother's grave on the anniversary but she forgot that year. She was out there looking for flowers, but it was too early-too wintry. That's how

I knew about January 10. I still have no idea whether it was suicide.

She was so sad, and I didn't know what to say or do. I think she counted on me to be the one person who would always say and do the right things to help her, but I couldn"t. I just thought she was looking for flowers. I didn't know she was going to go. She was drunk just trashed drunk, and I really didn't think she would drive or anything. I thought she would ~ John Green
3 15 quotes by John Green
Peter of Jerusalem told his followers that they should be prepared to give an account (logos) of the hope that is in them (I Pt 3: 15). The logos that Peter referred to is, in the final instance, a Person, the eternal Word of God, the ultimate explanation of our life, our movement, and our being. ~ Francis George
3 15 quotes by Francis George
If I now consider man in his isolated capacity, I find that dogmatic belief is no less indispensable to him in order to live alone than it is to enable him to co-operate with his fellows. If man were
forced to demonstrate for himself all the truths of which he makes daily use, his task would never end. He would exhaust his strength in preparatory demonstrations without ever advancing beyond them.
As, from the shortness of his life, he has not the time, nor, from the limits of his intelligence, the capacity, to act in this way, he is reduced to take on trust a host of facts and opinions
which he has not had either the time or the power to verify for
himself, but which men of greater ability have found out, or which
the crowd adopts. On this groundwork he raises for himself the structure of his own thoughts; he is not led to proceed in this manner by choice, but is constrained by the inflexible law of
his condition. There is no philosopher in the world so great but that he believes a million things on the faith of other people and accepts a great many more truths than he demonstrates. (Tocqueville 1945 2:9-10; Oeuvres Completes (M) 1(2):16-17, (B) 3:15-16). ~ Alexis De Tocqueville
3 15 quotes by Alexis De Tocqueville
Wright died in his room at home at 7 Hawthorn Street at 3:15 in the morning, Thursday, May 30, 1912. He was forty-five years old. ~ David McCullough
3 15 quotes by David McCullough
Defend the Hope When Peter commanded these believers to give a defense, what were they supposed to defend? Traditional apologists are almost unanimous here. They say the first order of business is "reasoning for the existence of God."116 Craig says we are to defend the plausibility of God's existence as being more likely than not.117 That is not at all what Peter was saying in 1 Peter 3:15. Rather, he was commanding all Christians to give a defense for "the hope" that was in them. And what was their "hope"? It was not the plausibility of God's existence as being more likely than not. Their hope was in Christ. ~ Clifford B. McManis
3 15 quotes by Clifford B. McManis
This is why Peter explained that the purpose of sanctification is so that a believer is ready to evangelize at a moment's notice. He writes, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear" (1 Pet. 3:15). ~ John F. MacArthur Jr.
3 15 quotes by John F. MacArthur Jr.
That which has been is now;

and that which is to be

has already been.

Ecclesiastes 3:15 ~ Amy Harmon
3 15 quotes by Amy Harmon
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. COLOSSIANS 3:15 ~ Joel Osteen
3 15 quotes by Joel Osteen
God did not entrust his truth to the world casually or haphazardly. He gave his church the role of preserving and protecting his truth. In the same sentence that describes the church as God's household, Paul describes the valuable role the church is to play: "If i delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of truth (1 Tim. 3:15). With all of the assaults against the truth of God, what hope is there that truth and error can still be sorted out? God has established churches to study, know, do and proclaim his Word in the world ~ John Crotts
3 15 quotes by John Crotts
Mr. Stone is a jackass."
That was Alex's greeting when he found me in the hall Friday afternoon.
"Probably," I agreed, levering myself out of the corner where I'd been waiting, on nervous Hannanda alert, for him to show up. "But I don't think he can help it."
"Generous of you." Alex swung his backpack from his left shoulder to his right, then, like it was the most natural thing in the world, pulled mine out of my hand. I was too surprised to stop him. "Allons-y."
We turned a few heads as we went. I would have happily met him a block away from school, but he'd preempted my cowardice, sliding a note into my locker that morning. Front hall, 3:15. I ignored the stares as Alex held the big front door open for me, my heavily inked bag dangling from his wrist. I figured any speculation would last only as long as it would take for us to hit the street in front of the school. By then, at least one "Wait. Wait. Alex Bainbridge left with Freddy Krueger?" would have been met with "Yeah. He's tutoring her in French. Winslow's making him. ~ Melissa Jensen
3 15 quotes by Melissa Jensen
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. - Colossians 3:15 ~ Gary Chapman
3 15 quotes by Gary Chapman
From the bruised heel of Genesis (3:15) to the reigning lamb of Revelation (22:1), the Bible is a redemptive story of a crucified Messiah who will accomplish a royal victory through atoning suffering. ~ Jeremy R. Treat
3 15 quotes by Jeremy R. Treat
The first hint of the Gospel comes from Genesis 3:15, this is the first promise of salvation. ~ Billy Graham
3 15 quotes by Billy Graham
As the pretensions of modernity are unmasked today, it is a good time for us to recover our nerve, "always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks [us] for a reason for the hope that is in [us]" (1Pe 3:15). By breaking into our history, sharing our history, and transforming that history from the inside out, God has indeed made himself the object of our knowledge. ~ Michael S. Horton
3 15 quotes by Michael S. Horton
Peace is our inheritance from Jesus, but we have to choose to follow Him daily. Colossians 3:15 teaches us that peace is to be the "umpire" in our lives, settling every issue that needs a decision. To gain and maintain peace in our hearts, we may have to learn to say no to a few things. ~ Joyce Meyer
3 15 quotes by Joyce Meyer
For example
I wonder
could you tell my jumbled story in exactly one hundred chapters, not one more, not one less? I'll tell you, that's one thing I hate about my nickname, the way that number runs on forever. It's important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. ~ Yann Martel
3 15 quotes by Yann Martel
Though everything that was not in the ark was destroyed (Genesis 7:21-23), the ultimate goal of the flood was not to destroy all life but to destroy the stranglehold of sin ... the flood did not aim to wipe out creation but to preserve it ... Destroying all creation would have signified the defeat of the Creator ... Not even the initial sin of Adam and Eve had derailed his plan, for he had immediately announced the future coming of the Saviour to crush the devil and bring in a new community that would celebrate his glory (Genesis 3:15). ~ Samuel Ngewa
3 15 quotes by Samuel Ngewa
which is to say, stand with the philosopher, or else with the mob!" - EPICTETUS, DISCOURSES, 3.15.13 W ~ Ryan Holiday
3 15 quotes by Ryan Holiday
And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always]. COLOSSIANS 3:15 ~ Joyce Meyer
3 15 quotes by Joyce Meyer
School was out for the day, it was just barely starting to feel like spring, and everybody streamed through the hallways drunk on 3:15-p.m. freedom, leaving the rush of students headed for the main doors only long enough to pause at their lockers before rejoining it, like all of it was choreographed, every moment rehearsed, every sound and sight a special effect
the slam and rattle of the metal locker doors, the "call me laters" and "fuckin' chemistry tests" loud and throaty, the thick smell of just-lit cigarettes as soon as you hit the outside steps, the sound of mix tapes blaring from cars as they tore away from the student parking lot, windows down on both sides. I usually liked to soak in all of that for a minute or two, just linger at my locker before heading off to change for practice. But that day there was Coley. ~ Emily M. Danforth
3 15 quotes by Emily M. Danforth
I don't train. I just run my 3-15 miles a day. ~ Jack Foster
3 15 quotes by Jack Foster
When I was 13, I entered the seminary in the hope of becoming a priest. But I often found myself helping the nuns in the kitchen and thus discovered my passion for cooking. I began to cultivate my skills and aspirations at the age of 15, when I embarked on my first apprenticeship. ~ Joel Robuchon
3 15 quotes by Joel Robuchon
We knew the time would come that we'd have to step down because we'd been winning Oscars for 15 years. I discovered this one day when I got home, my mother was reading a newspaper and she said, 'Again? What are you doing in the papers?' And I realized if my mother thought that of me, what would my enemies think? ~ Ferran Adria
3 15 quotes by Ferran Adria
I've learned that the creative life may or may not be the apex of human civilization, but either way it's not what I thought it was. It doesn't make you special and sparkly. You don't have to walk alone. You can work in an office - I've worked in offices for the past 15 years and written five novels while doing it. The creative life is forgiving: You can betray it all you want, again and again, and no matter how many times you do, it will always take you back. ~ Lev Grossman
3 15 quotes by Lev Grossman
I guess at the age of 15 was the first time I made a goal of wanting to be on television, and I didn't get a series until I was 23, which was 'The West Wing.' ~ Dule Hill
3 15 quotes by Dule Hill
When I took my shirt off against Caen, everybody asked what these new tattoos were. I had 15 removable tattoos on my body; they are the names of real people who are suffering from hunger in the world. ~ Zlatan Ibrahimovic
3 15 quotes by Zlatan Ibrahimovic
I started drinking when I was like 15, and by the time I was 19 everybody knew I was an alcoholic. So I would start five fights every weekend and lose terribly. First you start off fighting with one person and then he beats you up; and then one guy would be laughing, so you would hit him, too. ~ Felipe Esparza
3 15 quotes by Felipe Esparza
All nations are degrading and consuming their environment to a point beyond capacity. In the past 15 years in the U.S. we have added 1300 cities with populations over 100,000. When the environment is forced to file Chapter 11, the ecology collapses. Nations recover from war but not from a failed eco-system. The status of our environment is more threatening than all wars. It is forever. ~ Gaylord Nelson
3 15 quotes by Gaylord Nelson
I was born in West Plains, and we lived here till I was one. Then my dad needed to get a job, so we moved to the St. Louis area. I lived in St. Charles, on the Missouri River, till I was 15. ~ Daniel Woodrell
3 15 quotes by Daniel Woodrell
Eighty two percent of the traumatized children seen in the National Child Traumatic Stress Network do not meet diagnostic criteria for PTSD.15 Because they often are shut down, suspicious, or aggressive they now receive pseudoscientific diagnoses such as "oppositional defiant disorder," meaning "This kid hates my guts and won't do anything I tell him to do," or "disruptive mood dysregulation disorder," meaning he has temper tantrums. Having as many problems as they do, these kids accumulate numerous diagnoses over time. Before they reach their twenties, many patients have been given four, five, six, or more of these impressive but meaningless labels. If they receive treatment at all, they get whatever is being promulgated as the method of management du jour: medications, behavioral modification, or exposure therapy. These rarely work and often cause more damage. ~ Bessel A. Van Der Kolk
3 15 quotes by Bessel A. Van Der Kolk
September 15, 1950, MacArthur launched a brilliantly conceived and executed amphibious landing at Inchon, trapping a large North Korean force after walking ashore several times to ensure a good take for the cameras, his ever-present corncob pipe jutting from his jaw. ~ Douglas Brinkley
3 15 quotes by Douglas Brinkley
Skylar is my first name and Astin is my middle name, and my real last name is Lipstein. When I was 15, I think my first agent just kind of did it for me. I'm not ashamed, I'm not embarrassed, but she said it was just less specific to one thing and she kind of chopped it off. But forever to my friends I will be Skylar Lipstein. ~ Skylar Astin
3 15 quotes by Skylar Astin
Unlike me, a lot of child actors are very short, which is why they work. So when they're 15 they can play 11 or when they're 18 they can play 14. They look young for so long, they have abilities a much younger kid wouldn't have. ~ Cynthia Nixon
3 15 quotes by Cynthia Nixon
I guess now music is so saturated and so microwaved. It's, like, 15 minutes in the microwave and boom, you've got something. Nobody's putting passion or any thought behind it anymore. ~ Young Jeezy
3 15 quotes by Young Jeezy
To our three levels of complicating alienation we must add the fundamental distinction or break between God and humankind, between Creator and creature. That "division" is no tragedy, but part and parcel of our identity and God's grandeur. It must be accounted for in the mystery of God, who reveals himself to us as we can bear it: revelation invariably involves concealment, since God is God and we are not. The communion that he forges with us remains a tantalizing "mystery" that leads us to know more and more of him, but never in completion - and at this, we wonder! As Kallistos Ware puts it, where knowledge of God is concerned, "The eyes are closed - but they are also opened" (The Orthodox Way, p. 15). ~ Edith M. Humphrey
3 15 quotes by Edith M. Humphrey
I hope the film will help mothers and fathers to be aware that 15 is a very vulnerable age. ~ Ellen Muth
3 15 quotes by Ellen Muth
I'm not about to put up a silly skit and preach a 15-minute message on 'how to cope' to a multitude of people who are dying and going to hell. I tremble at the thought. ~ David Wilkerson
3 15 quotes by David Wilkerson
Everybody was ready to put Denver and Indianapolis in the championship game. We're the same team that went 15-1 last year and made it to the championship game. We're coming from a different perspective now, being on the road playing two tough road games. We all believed in one another, even if no one else did. ~ Hines Ward
3 15 quotes by Hines Ward
[Norden] said, with the Mark 15 Norden bombsight, he could drop a bomb into a pickle barrel at 20,000 feet. ~ Malcolm Gladwell
3 15 quotes by Malcolm Gladwell
I worked as a waiter when I was 15 and got a chance to appreciate good, simple food. There's nothing better than a boiled egg with toast. ~ Ewan McGregor
3 15 quotes by Ewan McGregor
You will lead the people You have redeemed with Your faithful love. You will guide them to Your holy dwelling with Your strength. Exodus 15:13 ~ Beth Moore
3 15 quotes by Beth Moore
Obey your bishop! "Obey those set over you [Heb 13:17]," the teachers of the Church ... I remind you, my dear friends, of what I said when I was with you: do not receive any outside or unknown preacher, unless he be sent by your bishop or preaches with the permission of the pope. For "how shall they preach unless they are sent [Rom 10:15]? ~ Bernard Of Clairvaux
3 15 quotes by Bernard Of Clairvaux
I got a job as a series regular on a television show when I was in my 20s. It didn't get picked up. It only went for 13 or 15 episodes, but it was huge. It was just absolutely huge, and it made me put money in the bank, and I didn't have to worry about bills. ~ Christopher Stanley
3 15 quotes by Christopher Stanley
I've been working in the music industry since I was 15 years old, and I feel like I've always been ahead of my time. ~ Wynter Gordon
3 15 quotes by Wynter Gordon
Many energy companies will use models to value assets with lifetimes of 20 years or longer - things like power plants, pipelines, and natural gas wells. Even if the model was sufficient when first developed, it can still fail before its lifetime is up. Assumptions made 15 years earlier are often invalidated due to regulatory changes, population shifts, and technological changes. Exacerbating this problem is the problem of employee turnover - commonly, the original developers of the models have moved to other jobs when problems develop. After a number of years, organizations need to take steps to ensure that someone still understands every model that is in production. ~ Davis W. Edwards
3 15 quotes by Davis W. Edwards
I was in high school in 1953 when the Committee of One Million circulated a petition urging that Red China - one third of the world's population - be excluded from the United Nations. And I remember I refused to sign it, at 14 or 15 years old. ~ Brian Dennehy
3 15 quotes by Brian Dennehy
People are always making a fuss over my $15-20-million salaries. Believe me, the amount is meaningless once my wife, Maria, finds out about it. She's already spent half of my salary from Terminator 7! ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
3 15 quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
As a comedian, I can walk out in front of 5000 people and not worry about a thing. Not a thing, believe me. But to stand up a face a camera and crew of maybe 15 guys and get up tight about it - to me that's weird. ~ Bill Cosby
3 15 quotes by Bill Cosby
[When asked how tall she is:] I'm five feet, 15 inches. ~ Carol Mann
3 15 quotes by Carol Mann
If you look to lead, invest at least 40% of your time managing yourself - your ethics, character, principles, purpose, motivation, and conduct. Invest at least 30% managing those with authority over you, and 15% managing your peers. ~ Dee Hock
3 15 quotes by Dee Hock
I remember writing a song when I was about 15. This is the one I can remember. I know I'd been writing poetry for a long time, since I was about eight, but I remember my first one that I put to chords. I was really trying to be like the psychedelic era Beatles, I was obsessed. All I could think about was Beatles and Hendrix. So I tried to write a psychedelic song, and it was the worst. I couldn't even ... If I read it now - I still have the book somewhere - it makes me cringe out loud. It was just about psychedelic stuff. ~ Ladyhawke
3 15 quotes by Ladyhawke
Big can be beautiful - just not to me. I find you disgusting; freshmen 15 is not a life sentence. ~ Daniel Tosh
3 15 quotes by Daniel Tosh
When you adapt a book to a film, you take all the best parts and put them into an hour and 15 minutes and have to compromise on the characters. ~ Channing Tatum
3 15 quotes by Channing Tatum
And to do that not only for the war fighter, but also to help prepare the people in the acquisition, personnel and policy worlds who need to make adjustments in the department's business, which itself may take 10 or 15 years to accomplish. ~ Stephen Cambone
3 15 quotes by Stephen Cambone
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry came down pretty hard on fellow candidate Howard Dean this weekend. After Dean misspoke several times, Kerry said you can't misspeak 15 times in a week and be president. And Bush said, 'You can't'? ~ Jay Leno
3 15 quotes by Jay Leno
When I was 15 or 16 - I slept really well then. Now I sleep on a bed of anxiety-tipped nails. ~ James McAvoy
3 15 quotes by James McAvoy
To navigate through these mists of darkness we need the iron rod, which represents the word of God (see 1 Nephi 15:23-24). We must study and understand the truths and commandments found in the scriptures. We must listen carefully to the words of our latter-day prophets, whose teachings will give us guidance, direction, and protection. And we must hold to the standards found in For the Strength of Youth. ~ Mary N. Cook
3 15 quotes by Mary N. Cook
I was in bar about 15 years ago, a relationship had ended badly, I was very drunk and I thought I would convince myself to try and be gay. Like, at one point I didn't like coffee, then I learned to like it. ~ Moby
3 15 quotes by Moby
Faced with a wealth of text but a poverty of context, scholars have focused obsessively on what they can know. They have counted every word he wrote, logged every dib and jot. They can tell us (and have done so) that Shakespeare's works contain 138,198 commas, 26,794 colons, and 15,785 question marks; that ears are spoken of 401 times in his plays; that dunghill is used 10 times and dullard twice; that his characters refer to love 2,259 times but to hate just 183 times; that he used damned 105 times and bloody 226 times, but bloody-minded only twice; that he wrote hath 2,069 times but has just 409 times; that all together he left us 884,647 words, made up of 31,959 speeches, spread over 118,406 lines. ~ Bill Bryson
3 15 quotes by Bill Bryson
I still have the same friends I've had for the last 15 or 20 years. ~ Amanda Hocking
3 15 quotes by Amanda Hocking
I was denied a record contract for 15 years, so I'm not going to be too picky about what I do. I don't have the juice to say no too many times. ~ Buddy Guy
3 15 quotes by Buddy Guy
I made up my mind when I was 15 years old that I would never smoke or drink. I have kept that pledge to myself, and it was one of the smartest decisions I ever made. ~ Ann Landers
3 15 quotes by Ann Landers
Permission Quotes «
» Copiers Quotes