1838 Large Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1838 Large.

Quotes About 1838 Large

Enjoy collection of 33 1838 Large quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1838 Large. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1838 Large quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Another werewolf thing. Like most animals, we spent a large part of our lives engaged in the three Fs of basic survival. Feeding, fighting and ... reproduction. ~ Kelley Armstrong
1838 Large quotes by Kelley Armstrong
Heart, you were never hot
Nor large, nor full like hearts made great with shot ~ Wilfred Owen
1838 Large quotes by Wilfred Owen
How does a large slice of fresh bread soaked in beef broth sound?" About as edible as the table leg. "Do I have any choices?" "No."
"Sounds wonderful. ~ Anne Bishop
1838 Large quotes by Anne Bishop
Arizona faces unique healthcare challenges including uncompensated care for illegal immigrants, and the large number of Native Americans who live in remote and isolated areas of the state. ~ Rick Renzi
1838 Large quotes by Rick Renzi
Here dwell a people whom the Greeks call Maurusians, and the Romans and the natives Mauri - a large and prosperous Libyan tribe, who live on the side of the strait opposite Iberia. Here also is the strait which is at the Pillars of Heracles, concerning which I have often spoken. On proceeding outside the strait at the Pillars, with Libya on the left, one comes to a mountain which the Greeks call Atlas and the barbarians Dyris.
17.3.2 ~ Strabo
1838 Large quotes by Strabo
Telling the complete story of VeggieTales would require much more time than we have before us tonight. Since this is Yale, I decided to craft a shorter version of the story, using very large words. Remembering though that I was kicked out of Bible College before I'd had a chance to learn many very large words, I concluded that my only remaining option was to tell the story simply, using simple words, and chance the consequences. ~ Phil Vischer
1838 Large quotes by Phil Vischer
I am writing this sitting in the waterlogged lobby of a rotting, half-finished condominium complex. I am surrounded by cavorting freshwater seals and have two pearl-handled revolvers in my lap, a bottle of vodka in my right hand, a human body in the freezer in the kitchens behind me, and a rather large displaced rockhopper penguin staring me in the face. ~ Jeff VanderMeer
1838 Large quotes by Jeff VanderMeer
I work at the deli counter. Have to give people their succulent, chemical-ridden salami and whatnot.'

I pictured Miles in a dark room, standing at a butcher's block with a large knife in one hand, a blood cow's leg steadied under the other, a huge Cheshire grin spreading over his face--

'I bet the customers love you,' I said. ~ Francesca Zappia
1838 Large quotes by Francesca Zappia
After tea, when the door was shut and all was made snug (the nights being cold and misty now), it seemed to me the most delicious retreat that the imagination of man could conceive. To hear the wind getting up out at sea, to know that the fog was creeping over the desolate flat outside, and to look at the fire, and think that there was no house near but this one, and this one a boat, was like enchantment. Little Em'ly had overcome her shyness, and was sitting by my side upon the lowest and least of the lockers, which was just large enough for us two, and just fitted into the chimney corner. ~ Charles Dickens
1838 Large quotes by Charles Dickens
Throughout his life Hayek wanted to affirm his identity with the classic liberal tradition, believing that the true cause of the crises leading to two world wars was the steady increase increase in the power of the state, and its misuse in the pursuit of unattainable goals. 'Social justice' was the name of one of these goals, and Hayek expressly dismissed the expression as a piece of deceptive Newspeak, used to advance large-scale injustice in the name of its opposite. ~ Roger Scruton
1838 Large quotes by Roger Scruton
James thwacked him over the head with his book. it was a large book ~ Cassandra Clare
1838 Large quotes by Cassandra Clare
Kugelmass, unaware of this catastrophe, had his own problems. He had not been thrust into Portnoy's Complaint, or into any other novel, for that matter. He had been projected into an old textbook, Remedial Spanish, and was running for his life over a barren, rocky terrain as the word tener ("to have") - a large and hairy irregular verb - raced after him on its spindly legs. ~ Woody Allen
1838 Large quotes by Woody Allen
Twentieth century music is like paedophilia. No matter how persuasively and persistently its champions urge their cause, it will never be accepted by the public at large, who will continue to regard it with incomprehension, outrage and repugnance. ~ Kingsley Amis
1838 Large quotes by Kingsley Amis
The hairs on the back of her neck tingled and she shivered. She turned toward the door and blinked once. Twice.

The sexiest man she'd ever seen in her life stood in the doorway.

No, stood wasn't a good word, not with the way his presence filled the shop. Dear Lord, was she panting? His broad shoulders were encased in a suit that had t cost more than her rent, but she didn't care about that. His thick chest tapered into a trim waist and strong thighs. Just the thought of those thighs made her clench her own. He had his hands fisted at his sides, and oh God, those hands. Large, thick and they looked so out of place compared to his classy suit. It looked as if he actually used his hands rather than merely sitting behind a desk as his attire suggested, ~ Carrie Ann Ryan
1838 Large quotes by Carrie Ann Ryan
It's messing people up, this social pressure to "find your passion" and "know what it is you want to do". It's perfectly fine to just live your moments fully, and marvel as many small and large passions, many small and large purposes enter and leave your life. For many people there is no realization, no bliss to follow, no discovery of your life's purpose. This isn't sad, it's just the way things are. Stop trying to find the forest and just enjoy the trees. ~ Sally Coulter
1838 Large quotes by Sally Coulter
Many labourers can trace their descent from farmers or well-to-do people, and it is not uncommon to find here and there a man who believes that he is entitled to a large property in Chancery, or elsewhere, as the heir. ~ Richard Jefferies
1838 Large quotes by Richard Jefferies
The nation as such is not a large subject that has needs, that works, practices economy, and consumes ... Thus the phenomena of "national economy" ... are, rather, the results of all the innumerable individual economic efforts in the nation and ... must also be theoretically interpreted in this light ... Whoever wants to understand theoretically the phenomena of "national economy" ... must for this reason attempt to go back to their true elements, to the singular economies in the nation, and to investigate the laws by which the former are built up from the latter. ~ Ralph Raico
1838 Large quotes by Ralph Raico
The two evening stars were now shining side by side. The smaller one had moved over to the big one. They were very close now, almost touching, and then they went together and become one very large star.
I don't know if things like that are fair or not. ~ Richard Brautigan
1838 Large quotes by Richard Brautigan
I'm on the Business Roundtable, the CEOs of the largest 100-odd companies in the country. Most of these people wanted very much to be the CEO of a large public company but realize that it's not exactly what they had anticipated, for lots of reasons. One is competition has gotten a lot worse, and more global. ~ Henry Silverman
1838 Large quotes by Henry Silverman
I hate Gucci,' said Francis.
'Do you?' said Henry, glancing up from his reverie. 'Really? I think it's rather grand.'
'Come on, Henry.'
'Well, it's so expensive, but it's so ugly too, isn't it? I think they make it ugly on purpose. And yet people buy it out of sheer perversity.'
'I don't see what you think is grand about that.'
'Anything is grand if it's done on a large enough scale,' said Henry. ~ Donna Tartt
1838 Large quotes by Donna Tartt
He began to wonder whether even an all-mighty and all-good God would be able to contrive such a world as no somebody in it would ever complain of. What if he had plans too large for the vision of men to take in, and they were uncomfortable to their own blame, because, not seeing them, they would trust him for nothing? ~ George MacDonald
1838 Large quotes by George MacDonald
Our policy is to deepen the relations with all the countries in the world - monarchies, kingdoms, large powers - we want to respect all differences and have our relationships based on mutual respect. ~ Hugo Chavez
1838 Large quotes by Hugo Chavez
As the Nation's primary supporter of research in the physical sciences, the DOE Office of Science led the way in creating a unique system of large-scale, specialized, often one-of-a-kind facilities for scientific discovery. ~ Judy Biggert
1838 Large quotes by Judy Biggert
love is the strongest emotion. we never feels the distance. even at large distances apart from each other, both lovers will feel the closeness always. ~ Joseph Mathew
1838 Large quotes by Joseph Mathew
Every aspect of the multipronged legal system even today is dominated by males: police, prosecutors, judges, probation officers. In addition, the state legislatures that make the laws are still disproportionately male. So how does the abuser come to the far-fetched conclusion that women are somehow lurking in the shadows, pulling strings to cause him to suffer consequences for his actions when he thinks there shouldn't be any? This absurd leap occurs for two reasons. One is that he already has wellentrenched habits of blaming women for his own behavior. So when society sends him the message that he is responsible for what he does, he just widens the scope of his blame-projecting machine to target all women. The second is that if he didn't blame women, he would have to accept the fact that a large proportion of men are opposed to what he is doing. Cultural values are changing, slowly but surely, and abusers cannot always count on other men to back them up anymore - a fact that makes them feel betrayed so they close their eyes to it. ~ Lundy Bancroft
1838 Large quotes by Lundy Bancroft
Several medical professional organizations acknowledge the utility of opioid therapy and many case series and large surveys report satisfactory reductions in pain, improvement in function and minimal risk of addiction. ~ Andrew Rosenblum
1838 Large quotes by Andrew Rosenblum
Jason wasn't sure what to expect at the end--a dungeon, a mad scientist's lab, or maybe a sewer reservoir where all Porta-Potty sludge ends up, forming an evil toilet face large enough to swallow the world. ~ Rick Riordan
1838 Large quotes by Rick Riordan
The postmistress was a large, zaftig woman with long, grayish blond hair and a floating, floral style of dress. ~ Dana Stabenow
1838 Large quotes by Dana Stabenow
Television has never known what to do with grief, which resists narrative: the dramas of grief are largely internal - for the bereaved, it is a chaotic, intense, episodic period, but the chaos is by and large subterranean, and easily appears static to the friendly onlooker who has absorbed the fact of loss and moved on. ~ Meghan O'Rourke
1838 Large quotes by Meghan O'Rourke
The five-year-olds were the most important members of the large doll families. Everything pleasant happened to them. They had all the adventures. ~ Maud Hart Lovelace
1838 Large quotes by Maud Hart Lovelace
An ancient prophecy ... pronounced, That the castle and lordship of Otranto should pass from the present family, whenever the real owner should be grown too large to inhabit it! ~ Horace Walpole
1838 Large quotes by Horace Walpole
Rothschild houses had capital in excess of £35 million on the eve of the First World War, all of it family money; it was the job of the partners to manage this huge portfolio. A large part of it they held in the form of European government bonds, the most secure form of investment and also the kind of security the Rothschilds knew best, since they had long been the principal underwriters for new bond issues on the London market. They, more than anyone, stood to lose in the event of a European war, not least because such a war would almost certainly divide the three houses, pitting Paris and perhaps also London against Vienna. Yet the outbreak of war caught them almost entirely by surprise. ~ Niall Ferguson
1838 Large quotes by Niall Ferguson
The Conservative party found him an embarrassment because he was apt to criticize the party leader in public, the Liberals naturally wanted to defeat him, and the newspapers were out to get him. It was a dreadful campaign on his part, for he lost his head, bullied his electors when he should have wooed them, and got into a wrangle with a large newspaper, which he threatened to sue for libel. He was defeated on election day so decisively that it was obviously a personal rather than a political rejection. ~ Robertson Davies
1838 Large quotes by Robertson Davies
Wedding Biblical Quotes «
» Serifos Palace Quotes