9 Week Control Freak Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 9 Week Control Freak.

Quotes About 9 Week Control Freak

Enjoy collection of 43 9 Week Control Freak quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 9 Week Control Freak. Righ click to see and save pictures of 9 Week Control Freak quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I'm completely aware of the fact that I'm a control freak. ~ Paul Thomas Anderson
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Paul Thomas Anderson
We did live in dire poverty. And one of the things that I hated was poverty. Some people hate spiders. Some people hate snakes. I hated poverty. I couldn't stand it. My mother couldn't stand the fact that we were doing poorly in school, and she prayed and she asked God to give her wisdom. What could she do to get her young sons to understand the importance of developing their minds so that they control their own lives? God gave her the wisdom. At least in her opinion. My brother and I didn't think it was that wise. Turn off the TV, let us watch only two or three TV programs during the week. And with all that spare time read two books a piece from the Detroit Public Libraries and submit to her written book reports, which she couldn't read but we didn't know that. I just hated this. My friends were out having a good time. Her friends would criticize her. My mother didn't care. But after a while I actually began to enjoy reading those books. Because we were very poor, but between the covers of those books I could go anywhere. I could be anybody. I could do anything. I began to read about people of great accomplishment. And as I read those stories, I began to see a connecting thread. I began to see that the person who has the most to do with you, and what happens to you in life, is you. You make decisions. You decide how much energy you want to put behind that decision. And I came to understand that I had control of my own destiny. And at that point I didn't hate poverty anymore, ~ Ben Carson
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Ben Carson
When leaders wonder what they can do to position their societies for the industries of the future, they need to open up and resist control-freak tendencies. The 21st century is a terrible time to be a control freak; future grown depends on empowering people. ~ Alec J. Ross
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Alec J. Ross
I'm a control freak. Totally. ~ Stanley Tucci
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Stanley Tucci
I'm kind of a control freak. I like to be really prepared. ~ Caitlin Fitzgerald
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Caitlin Fitzgerald
It's not like I let people do things for me, so I guess you can call me a control freak, or you can call me passionate. ~ Courteney Cox
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Courteney Cox
So we introduced a token system.9 The children were given ten tokens at the beginning of the week. These could each be traded in for either thirty minutes of screen time or fifty cents at the end of the week, adding up to $5 or five hours of screen time a week. If a child read a book for thirty minutes, he or she would earn an additional token, which could also be traded in for screen time or for money. The results were incredible: overnight, screen time went down 90 percent, reading went up by the same amount, and the overall effort we had to put into policing the system went way, way down. In other words, nonessential activity dramatically decreased and essential activity dramatically increased. Once a small amount of initial effort was invested to set up the system, it worked without friction. ~ Anonymous
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Anonymous
frustration at myself in the mirror. Damn my hair - it just won't behave, and damn Katherine Kavanagh for being ill and subjecting me to this ordeal. I should be studying for my final exams, which are next week, yet here I am trying to brush my hair into submission. I must not sleep with it wet. I must not sleep with it wet. Reciting this mantra several times, I attempt, once more, to bring it under control with the brush. I roll my eyes in exasperation and gaze at the pale, brown-haired girl with blue eyes too big for her face staring back at me, and give up. My only option is to restrain my wayward ~ E.L. James
9 Week Control Freak quotes by E.L. James
I'm a control freak. If you're going to slap my name on something, I would like to control it. ~ Anthony Bourdain
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Anthony Bourdain
I am, after all, not just the novel's creator but its first reader. And if I'm not able to guess with any accuracy how the damned thing is going to turn out, even with my inside knowledge of coming events, I can be pretty sure of keeping the reader in a state of page-turning anxiety. And why worry about the ending anyway? Why be such a control freak? Sooner or later every story comes out somewhere. ~ Stephen King
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Stephen King
I am a bit of a control freak. If I get married, my wife isn't going out. No way. She's staying at home. She's not going out to clubs without me. I've already decided the rules, whoever she is. ~ Jermain Defoe
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Jermain Defoe
When it's time to make music, that's about getting lost for me. To be a control freak is not half as good as being a freak who's casually in control. You're feeling around in the dark for something that feels good. ~ Josh Homme
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Josh Homme
Especially with DVRs nowadays, people have their roster. More and more, it's not just, 'I'll watch what's on at 9 P.M.' They have their backlog of the shows they always watch, that they record every week, and it's a matter of, how do you get into that list? ~ Greg Berlanti
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Greg Berlanti
I'm a bit of a control freak, so I always appreciate being inside the nuts and bolts of the music - I don't like newer programs that paper over your cracks. ~ Max Tundra
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Max Tundra
I'm a bit of a control freak. ~ E.L. James
9 Week Control Freak quotes by E.L. James
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER ONE
MY LIFE ON CRAIGSLIST

Stars and Cards Never Lie

Date: 2011-04-1, 9:17PM EST

Reply to: [email protected]

Life and the economy beating you down? The accuracy of the Rider Waite Tarot cards and my Astrology consultations will amaze you. The insight you'll gain from these readings will be a fantastic catalyst for spiritual growth and personal advancement. Available by phone and skype. Alternative decks and house calls can be arranged upon request.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Chapter 1
Four Cookies and a Funeral

Yesterday I went on Craigslist and hired a Tarot reader to tell me whether I was in any danger of losing my job. I wasn't really worried because last week, an astrologer I'd also found on Craigslist, had told me there was no major movement in the sixth house, which is the area of my chart that governs work. But just in case, I met with the Tarot card reader who told me everything was going to be okay.
Today I got canned. ~ Alexandra Ares
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Alexandra Ares
We don't choose our freaks, they choose us ... We may not understand why we freak on a particular food or band or sports team. We may have no conscious control over out allegiances, But they arise from our most scared fears and desires and, as such, they represent the truest expression of ourselves. ~ Steve Almond
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Steve Almond
The Party's all-around intrusion into people's lives was the very point of the process known as 'thought reform." Mao wanted not only external discipline, but the total subjection of all thoughts, large or small. Every week a meeting for 'thought examination' was held for those 'in the revolution." Everyone had both to criticize themselves for incorrect thoughts and be subjected to the criticism of others.The meetings tended to be dominated by self-righteous and petty-minded people, who used them to vent their envy and frustration; people of peasant origin used them to attack those from 'bourgeois' backgrounds. The idea was that people should be reformed to be more like peasants, because the Communist revolution was in essence a peasant revolution. This process appealed to the guilt feelings of the educated; they had been living better than the peasants, and self-criticism tapped into this.Meetings were an important means of Communist control. They left people no free time, and eliminated the private sphere. The pettiness which dominated them was justified on the grounds that prying into personal details was a way of ensuring thorough soul-cleansing. In fact, pettiness was a fundamental characteristic of a revolution in which intrusiveness and ignorance were celebrated, and envy was incorporated into the system of control. My mother's cell grilled her week after week, month after month, forcing her to produce endless self-criticisms.She had to consent to this agonizing proces ~ Jung Chang
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Jung Chang
I work seven days a week, from 9 in the morning till 8 at night. I have the titles of the next eight novels I want to write. I feel myself pitiable, degraded on a day that I don't write. ~ Orhan Pamuk
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Orhan Pamuk
Let him grow up, Regan. Quit fighting the inevitable. For Christ's sake, Jeremy's nearly a man."

"Haven't you heard? Twenty's the new twelve."

"Only from overprotective, control-freak mothers. ~ Lisa Jackson
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Lisa Jackson
They never tell you when you get born a control freak it will cost you a healthy love life. But it's true. You can't control somebody and have intimacy with them at the same time. They may stay because they fear you, but true love casts out fear. ~ Donald Miller
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Donald Miller
It is a West zone planet which by an inexplicable and somewhat suspicious freak of topography consists almost entirely of subtropical coastline. By an equally suspicious freak of temporal relastatics, it is nearly always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close. No adequate explanation for this has been forthcoming from the dominant life forms on Ursa Minor Beta, who spend most of their time attempting to achieve spiritual enlightenment by running round swimming pools, and inviting Investigation Officials from the Galactic Geo-Temporal Control Board to 'have a nice diurnal anomaly. ~ Douglas Adams
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Douglas Adams
Indie publishing lets me feed my inner control freak. ~ Michelle M. Pillow
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Michelle M. Pillow
When I asked my shrink if I was a control freak, he finished saying "Absolutely" before I finished saying "freak." I told him that I once worked with a woman who carried a remote control in her purse. Whenever she got worried or angry, she took it out and stroked it like a gerbil. My shrink said that if I keep comparing myself to severe neurotics, I'll think that anything is permissible. ~ Erika Krouse
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Erika Krouse
The negative about acting is that you have to spend a great deal of time away from your friends and loved ones, but it's not like working a 9-5 job and only having two or three weeks off a year. I may not have seen my girlfriend for two or three months, but then we can spend two or three months together solidly. ~ Douglas Booth
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Douglas Booth
Let's say that Person 1 thinks their hair dryer is telling them to shoot every redhead who gets on the 9:04 train. And let's say Person 2 thinks their hair dryer is telling them to volunteer twice a week at a homeless shelter.
Is it better to volunteer at a homeless shelter than it is to shoot every redhead who gets on the 9:04 train? Of course it is.
But you still have a basic problem - which is that you think your hair dryer is talking to you. ~ Greta Christina
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Greta Christina
To realize the value of 1 week, ask an editor of a weekly newspaper. To realize the value of 10 years, ask a newly divorced couple. To realize the value of 4 years, ask a graduate. To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who has failed their final exam. To realize the value of 9 months, ask a mother who has given birth to a stillborn. To realize the value of 1 mont, ask a mother who has given birth prematurely. To realize the value of 1 minute, ask a person who missed the train, bus or plane. To realize the value of 1 second, ask a person who has survived an accident. To realize the value of freedom ask a person who's in prison. To realize the value of success, ask a person who has failed. To realize the value of a friend, relative, family member or partner, LOSE ONE." Time waits for no-one, treasure every split-second. ~ Katlego Semusa
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Katlego Semusa
I always liked doing all sorts of different things. As a kid growing up, I was always drawing and painting - always doing art. But I also loved movies and music, so as I started doing everything, I liked every aspect. It's not really that I am a control freak; it's just that is what I love. ~ Rob Zombie
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Rob Zombie
Glaring, Kai leaned back against the headrest. "I'm already uncomfortable with you piloting this ship and being in control of my life. Try not to make it worse."
"Why does everyone think I'm such a bad pilot?"
"Cinder told me as much."
"Well, tell Cinder I'm perfectly capable of flying a blasted podship without killing anyone. My flight instructor at the Andromeda - which is a very prestigious military academy in the Republic, I will have you know-"
"I know what Andromeda Academy is."
"Yeah, well, my flight instructor said I was a natural."
"Right," Kai drawled. "Was that the same flight instructor who wrote in you official report about your inattentiveness, refusal to take safety precautions seriously, and overconfident attitude that often bordered on ... what was the word she used>? 'Fool-hardy', I think?"
"Oh, yeah. Commander Reid. She had a thing for me." The radar blinked, picking up a cruiser in the far distance, and Thorne deftly changed directions to keep them out of its course. "I didn't realize I had a royal stalker. I'm flattered, Your Majesty."
"Even better - you had an entire government team assigned to digging up information on you. They reported twice daily for over a week. You did run off with the most-wanted criminal in the world, after all. ~ Marissa Meyer
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Marissa Meyer
I'm not a control freak - I'm a control enthusiast. ~ Joss Whedon
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Joss Whedon
I am a control freak. I am very hands on and pay attention to details. ~ Victoria Beckham
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Victoria Beckham
A story demanded to be written, and that is why I have not answered your letter before: a wrong-headed story, that would come blundering like a moth on my window, and stare in with small red eyes, and I the last writer in the world to manage such a subject. One should have more self-control. One should be able to say, Go away. You have come to the wrong inkstand, there is nothing for you here. But I am so weakminded that I cannot even say, Come next week. ~ Sylvia Townsend Warner
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Sylvia Townsend Warner
I want to be able to raise my kid. I was totally being a martyr about it at first, thinking I could totally do it on my own, which I did for a while. I've hired a babysitter before, but as for a full-time caregiver ... for a control freak like me, it ain't gonna happen! ~ Keri Russell
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Keri Russell
Let's zoom in on a particular form of synesthesia as an example. For most of us, February and Wednesday do not have any particular place in space. But some synesthetes experience precise locations in relation to their bodies for numbers, time units, and other concepts involving sequence or ordinality. They can point to the spot where the number 32 is, where December floats, or where the year 1966 lies.8 These objectified three-dimensional sequences are commonly called number forms, although more precisely the phenomenon is called spatial sequence synesthesia.9 The most common types of spatial sequence synesthesia involve days of the week, months of the year, the counting integers, or years grouped by decade. In addition to these common types, researchers have encountered spatial configurations for shoe and clothing sizes, baseball statistics, historical eras, salaries, TV channels, temperature, and more. ~ David Eagleman
9 Week Control Freak quotes by David Eagleman
I'd say I'm a pretty intense person. I'm definitely not my Denise character on 'Scrubs,' nor my Jane character on 'Happy Endings,' but I'm a mix of the two. I really feel that I'm kind of every character that I've ever played; it's just a part of me. And I am a bit of a control freak like Jane. I'm very, perhaps, obsessive like that. ~ Eliza Coupe
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Eliza Coupe
Anyone who wants her mate to be a true partner must treat him as an equal - and equally capable - partner. And if that's not reason enough, bear in mind that a study found that wives who engage in gatekeeping behaviors do five more hours of family work per week than wives who take a more collaborative approach.9 ~ Sheryl Sandberg
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Sheryl Sandberg
Acting is not a state of being ... but a state of appearing to be. You can't be eight times a week without going stark staring mad. You've got to be in control. ~ Noel Coward
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Noel Coward
I'd love to collaborate with a writer, but I'm such a control freak, it might be difficult. ~ Mini Grey
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Mini Grey
It feels like last week, but in fact we're now closing in on five thousand days at war. I always picture Sami as a nine-year-old soccer stud ... and yet there are soldiers in Afghanistan today who were in fourth grade on 9/11. ~ Tucker Elliot
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Tucker Elliot
You are driving home.
You listen to 'Tongue Tied' by Grouplove.
Someone side-swipes the Ferrari.
You almost strike three pedestrians and crash into a Dunkin' Donuts.
This is somewhere near the Brooklyn Bridge and you find out - later - the lady who hit you, she died.
She was old.
"Wasn't wearing her glasses," someone on the street says.
"She was basically driving blind," the police officer says. "I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier."
An EMT examines you.
You try and act normal.
"Am I hurt?" you ask.
"You're not hurt," the EMT says.
You talk to the cops.
"Am I in trouble?" you ask.
"You're not in trouble," a young cop says.
You freak out a little.
You can smell pomade in your sweat.
"Everything is under control," someone says - another police officer.
You freak out some more. ~ Mike Kleine
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Mike Kleine
When we give of ourselves, our time, and our money, we're also giving up control. As a control freak myself, I know that sounds scary, but I've learned that the momentary lack of control forces me to look at what I do have and truly count my blessings. I have clean drinking water. I have food on my table. I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back. Suddenly, my panic-stricken mindset is replaced with gratitude. ~ Jen Lilley
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Jen Lilley
I think I'm way too much of a control freak to co-author anything with anyone. I have a hard enough time writing with myself! I admire people that can do it, but it's not for me. ~ Sarah Dessen
9 Week Control Freak quotes by Sarah Dessen
Oh, I hate him,' she said, and I noticed a flush of colour come into her cheeks and the manner in which the fingers of her left hand dug into her palm, as if she wanted something to take away the pain. 'I absolutely detest him. Afterwards, I didn't feel very much at all for a week or two. I suppose I was in shock. But then the fury rose and it hasn't subsided since. Sometimes I find it difficult to control. I think it was around the time that everyone stopped asking me whether I was all right, when lives went back to how they had been before. Had he been in Dublin I might well have gone over there, broken down his door and stabbed him as he slept. Fortunately for him, he was in Madagascar with his lepers.' (p. 268) ~ John Boyne
9 Week Control Freak quotes by John Boyne
Sweat Sykes Quotes «
» Dagron Tours Quotes