88 Minuites Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 88 Minuites.

Quotes About 88 Minuites

Enjoy collection of 43 88 Minuites quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 88 Minuites. Righ click to see and save pictures of 88 Minuites quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

It turned out that time doesn't heal the wound , but in its so merciful way , blunts the edges ever so slightly ~ Al Pacino
88 Minuites quotes by Al Pacino
My first interest in graffitti came when I was in grammar school, around '87 or '88 I was about twelve years old. I did not know much about writing, I just knew that I liked to write my name everywhere I could in my neighborhood. ~ KAWS
88 Minuites quotes by KAWS
How Evolution Came to Indiana

In Indianapolis they drive
five hundred miles and end up
where they started: survival
of the fittest. In the swamps
of Auburn and Elkhart,
in the jungles of South Bend,
one-cylinder chain-driven runabouts fall
to air-cooled V-4's, a-speed gearboxes,
16-horse flat-twin midships engines -
carcasses left behind
by monobloc motors, electric starters,
3-speed gears, six cylinders, 2-chain drive,
overhead cams, supercharged
to 88 miles an hour in second gear, the age
of Leviathan ...
There is grandeur in this view of life,
as endless forms
most beautiful and wonderful
are being evolved.
And then
the drying up, the panic,
the monsters dying: Elcar, Cord,
Auburn, Duesenberg, Stutz - somewhere
out there, the chassis of Studebakers,
Marmons, Lafayettes, Bendixes, all
rusting in high-octane smog,
ashes to ashes, they
end up where they started. ~ Philip Appleman
88 Minuites quotes by Philip Appleman
I have no use for eight houses, 88 cars and 500 suits. I can't eat but one steak at a time. I don't want but one woman. It's silly to have as one's sole object in life just making money, accumulating wealth. ~ Johnny Carson
88 Minuites quotes by Johnny Carson
Autism currently affects one in 88 children in the U.S., and its prevalence continues to rise. That's why it's important to help organizations like Autism Speaks raise awareness and funds to support families and individuals impacted by it. ~ Adrienne Bailon
88 Minuites quotes by Adrienne Bailon
Citizens, thank you for all your birthday wishes. I am 88 years old today and still lucky to live in the greatest city in the world. ~ Ed Koch
88 Minuites quotes by Ed Koch
Today Americans living below the poverty line are not just light-years ahead of most Africans; they're light-years ahead of the wealthiest Americans from just a century ago. Today 99 percent of Americans living below the poverty line have electricity, water, flushing toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 percent have a television; 88 percent have a telephone; 71 percent have a car; and 70 percent even have air-conditioning. This may not seem like much, but one hundred years ago men like Henry Ford and Cornelius Vanderbilt were among the richest on the planet, but they enjoyed few of these luxuries. ~ Peter H. Diamandis
88 Minuites quotes by Peter H. Diamandis
O sleep! ridiculous mystery which makes faces appear so grotesque, you are the revealer of human ugliness. You uncover all shortcomings, all deformities and all defects. You turn every face touched by you into a caricature. ~ Guy De Maupassant
88 Minuites quotes by Guy De Maupassant
Establish a house,
even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, A HOUSE OF GOD.

D&C 88:119 ~ The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints
88 Minuites quotes by The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints
My wife and I have been together since 1986. I graduated in '86 and she graduated in '88. We began dating when she was 17. Actually she turned 18 when we started kissing and stuff. ~ Cuba Gooding, Jr.
88 Minuites quotes by Cuba Gooding, Jr.
Today, of Americans officially designated as 'poor', 99 per cent have electricity, running water, flush toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 per cent have a television, 88 per cent a telephone, 71 per cent a car and 70 per cent air conditioning. Cornelius Vanderbilt had none of these. ~ Matt Ridley
88 Minuites quotes by Matt Ridley
88. People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I've been living ten years in Paris and the answer seems simple to me: because it's the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain.. or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris. ~ Roman Payne
88 Minuites quotes by Roman Payne
I'm not afraid of death. What's to fear? Once you're dead, that's it. Nothing. I don't believe in heaven or hell. That's baloney. What matters is the here and now. Yes, I'm 88, and there are things I can't do: I can't run a race or climb Everest. But isn't life magnificent? ~ Patrick Macnee
88 Minuites quotes by Patrick Macnee
In that small town of old women and angry men;
They teach girls how to speak in a lower tone
How to nod their heads and not dare to say no.
They teach them not to walk alone in empty streets.
They give them hundreds of rules for how to love, live and even dream.
They color their worlds in black and white; so that they couldn't paint ones in their own.
And those who dare to ask questions, to argue, to refuse and change!
They have been called hoes, bitches and men wanna be
Disobedience; that's what they call it in my society ….. ~ Samiha Totanji
88 Minuites quotes by Samiha Totanji
One day u will be the message ... a message for those who still alive ... ~ Fayrouz Yasser
88 Minuites quotes by Fayrouz Yasser
When I came back into show business in '88 after spending 20-odd years in the civil service, it wasn't planned. ~ Pete Best
88 Minuites quotes by Pete Best
Early in "Postulates of Linguistics," Deleuze and Guattari claim that, "the elementary unit of language ... is the order-word," which "not to be believe but to be obeyed" (ATP, 76). Perhaps the starkest example is the judge's sentence that condemns a criminal to death (80-81; 94). But the French for order-word, mot d'ordre, also refers to the political slogan, which is substantiated by Deleuze and Guattari's reference to Lenin's pamphlet "On Slogans" (83). Both of these examples indicate how closely their linguistics aligns with the rhetorical theory of symbolic action. Rhetoric is excellent at studying those acts that cause incorporeal transformations, which as changes in a state of affairs that do not directly alter its materiality (80-88). ~ Anonymous
88 Minuites quotes by Anonymous
So before and during the war, the Bush administration had to build up an image in people's minds of Iraq as a monstrous military superpower, in order to mobilize enough popular hysteria so that people here would go along with their policies. And again, the media did their job 100 percent. So I don't know how well you remember what was going on around the country back then, but people were literally quaking in their boots about the extraordinary might of Iraq―it was a superpower with artillery we'd never dreamt of, all this kind of stuff.93 I mean, this was a defenseless Third World country that was so weak it had been unable to defeat post-revolutionary Iran in eight years of warfare [from 1980 to '88]―and that was with the support of the United States, the Soviet Union, all of Europe, the Arab oil countries: not an inconsiderable segment of world power. Yet with all those allies, Iraq had been unable to defeat post-revolutionary Iran, which had killed off its own officers' corps and barely had an army left: all of a sudden this was the superpower that was going to conquer the world? You really had to be a deeply brainwashed Western intellectual even to look at this image―a defenseless Third World country threatening the two most advanced military forces in the world, the United States and Britain―and not completely collapse in ridicule. But as you recall, that's what all of them were saying―and people here really believed it. ~ Noam Chomsky
88 Minuites quotes by Noam Chomsky
If I could have three wishes, one would be to take an '88 and shove that barrel up Hitler's ass so that cocksucker can cry like the little god-damned girl he is. And hell, after that, I wouldn't need two more wishes. ~ George S. Patton
88 Minuites quotes by George S. Patton
ALLAH without me is still ALLAH
But
Me without ALLAH is nothing ~ Altaf Ul Qadri
88 Minuites quotes by Altaf Ul Qadri
Beirut is the Elizabeth Taylor of cities: insane, beautiful, falling apart, aging, and forever drama laden.She'll also marry any infatuated suitor who promises to make her life more comfortable, no matter how inappropriate he is. (p.88) ~ Rabih Alameddine
88 Minuites quotes by Rabih Alameddine
On earth, however, God doesn't prescribe a happy life. Look at some of the Psalms. They are written by people of great faith, yet they run the emotional gamut. One even ends with "darkness is my closest friend" (Ps. 88:18). When your emotions feel muted or always low, when you are unable to experience the highs and lows you once did, the important question is not "How can I figure out what I have done wrong?" but it is, "Where do I turn - or, to whom do I turn - when I am depressed? ~ Edward T. Welch
88 Minuites quotes by Edward T. Welch
At 88 years old - with every intention of living decades longer - I'm still running a company, writing articles, launching new ventures, and fully enjoying life. ~ David H. Murdock
88 Minuites quotes by David H. Murdock
I spent hours putting that cassette together. To me, making a tape is like writing a letter - there's a lot of erasing and rethinking and starting again, and I wanted it to be a good one ... A good compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do. You've got to kick off with a corker, to hold the attention, and then you've got to up it a notch, or cool it a notch ... oh, there are loads of rules. (pg. 88-9) ~ Nick Hornby
88 Minuites quotes by Nick Hornby
The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr. ~ Anonymous
88 Minuites quotes by Anonymous
Who are we if we can't keep the agreements we make with ourselves? ~ MeeK
88 Minuites quotes by MeeK
Over the past 50 years Bob Hope employed 88 joke writers who supplied him with more than one million gags, and he still couldn't make me laugh. ~ Eddie Murphy
88 Minuites quotes by Eddie Murphy
Congressional Republicans refused to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act because they objected to the protection it gave immigrants, transgender women, and Native American women. (Speaking of epidemics, one of three Native American women will be raped, and on the reservations 88 percent of those rapes are by non-Native men who know tribal governments can't prosecute them. ~ Rebecca Solnit
88 Minuites quotes by Rebecca Solnit
-Good thing you don't own a mirror, Mr. Mirrorless, or you'd see how ugly you are.

-What makes you think I don't own a mirror? Every face that ever looks at me tells me that I'm ugly. But every time I make them laugh, I get to show them what beauty really is.

-I see what you mean. Here, take my rearview mirror. I don't need to carry it around like a vagina on a rope anymore.

-Mr. Thrustsalone, you don't need to drag a vagina on a rope like some kind of pet on a leash to make you happy. There's a reason why God invented right hands and hookers.

-Why, so politicians could have more productive ways to spend their time and our money than engaging in politics?

-Mr. Thrustsalone, you are wise beyond your years.

-I'm 88 years old.

-Yet you don't look a day older than 87. ~ Jarod Kintz
88 Minuites quotes by Jarod Kintz
The aspirant would do well to avoid those 'spiritual teachers' who delight in pointing out the evils of the world. These are immature egos attempting to discard their own negativities by projecting them onto others. The true yogi is one who is like a lion with himself, always striving to eradicate that which shadows his inner light, and like a lamb with others, always striving to see their inner light, no matter how dense may be the clouds that hide it. He is the king of the jungle of his world. He hides from no one and seeks escape from nothing. (88) ~ Prem Prakash
88 Minuites quotes by Prem Prakash
I still run into people in the business who skip over any other credits I have and say, 'I loved 'Hey, Dude!' This was back in '88, '89, '90. It was a goofy show about kids working at a dude ranch in Arizona. We did 65 episodes; I wrote 13 of them. We didn't know what we were doing, but it was writers' boot camp. It was great. ~ Graham Yost
88 Minuites quotes by Graham Yost
Runners like to train 100 miles per week because it's a round number. But I think 88 is a lot rounder. ~ Don Kardong
88 Minuites quotes by Don Kardong
And, of course, that is what all of this is - all of this: the one song, ever changing, ever reincarnated, that speaks somehow from and to and for that which is ineffable within us and without us, that is both prayer and deliverance, folly and wisdom, that inspires us to dance or smile or simply to go on, senselessly, incomprehensibly, beatifically, in the face of mortality and the truth that our lives are more ill-writ, ill-rhymed and fleeting than any song, except perhaps those songs - that song, endlesly reincarnated - born of that truth, be it the moon and June of that truth, or the wordless blue moan, or the rotgut or the elegant poetry of it. That nameless black-hulled ship of Ulysses, that long black train, that Terraplane, that mystery train, that Rocket '88', that Buick 6 - same journey, same miracle, same end and endlessness. ~ Nick Tosches
88 Minuites quotes by Nick Tosches
Having poured my drink, I may not live to taste it, or that it may pass a live man's tongue to burn a dead man's belly; that having slumbered, I may never wake, or having waked, may never living sleep. Having heard tick, will I hear tock? Having served, will I volley? Having sugared will I cream? Having eithered, will I or? Itching, will I scratch? Hemming, will I haw? ~ John Barth
88 Minuites quotes by John Barth
God gave me a very good hand to play over my 88 years. I have no regrets. ~ Ed Koch
88 Minuites quotes by Ed Koch
12% of employees study further to learn more. 88% of employees study further to earn more. ~ Mokokoma Mokhonoana
88 Minuites quotes by Mokokoma Mokhonoana
The Restoration did not so much restore as replace. In restoring the monarchy with King Charles II, it replaced Cromwell's Commonwealth and its Puritan ethos with an almost powerless monarch whose tastes had been formed in France.

It replaced the power of the monarchy with the power of a parliamentary system - which was to develop into the two parties, Whigs and Tories - with most of the executive power in the hands of the Prime Minister. Both parties benefited from a system which encouraged social stability rather than opposition.
Above all, in systems of thought, the Restoration replaced the probing, exploring, risk-taking intellectual values of the Renaissance. It relied on reason and on facts rather than on speculation. So, in the decades between 1660 and 1700, the basis was set for the growth of a new kind of society. This society was Protestant (apart from the brief reign of the Catholic King James II, 1685-88), middle class, and unthreatened by any repetition of the huge and traumatic upheavals of the first part of the seventeenth century. It is symptomatic that the overthrow of James II in 1688 was called The 'Glorious' or 'Bloodless' Revolution. The 'fever in the blood' which the Renaissance had allowed was now to be contained, subject to reason, and kept under control. With only the brief outburst of Jacobin revolutionary sentiment at the time of the Romantic poets, this was to be the political context in the United Kingdom for two centuries or more. ~ Ronald Carter
88 Minuites quotes by Ronald Carter
Allah is the forger of time, the molder of space, the weaver of souls, the turner of hearts, the One who creates everything in stages yet is beyond the limits of time. Life is created from His breath, the cosmos forms from the vibration of His speech, and love is birthed from the womb of His mercy. He is the One who said, "Be!" to the vast nothingness, and existence sprouted into being. His words inspire light to break the darkness of nothing into the dawn of life. ~ A. Helwa
88 Minuites quotes by A. Helwa
The CDC reported that 88,000 adults a year die of alcohol consumption. ~ Susan Cheever
88 Minuites quotes by Susan Cheever
Sleep is still difficult I sleep for three or four hours a day. Usually sometime in the afternoon. I walk in the cold, keep myself numb. I cry less, and less. (James Frey, pg.88) ~ James Frey
88 Minuites quotes by James Frey
I can't say I'm overwhelmed with surprise. I'm 88 years old and they can't give the Nobel to someone who's dead, so I think they were probably thinking they'd probably better give it to me now before I've popped off. ~ Doris Lessing
88 Minuites quotes by Doris Lessing
88% of women love making their first love making incident with a man seem like an accident. ~ Mokokoma Mokhonoana
88 Minuites quotes by Mokokoma Mokhonoana
88. Like many self-help books, The Deepest Blue is full of horrifyingly simplistic language and some admittedly good advice. Somehow the women in the book all learn to say: That's my depression talking. It's not "me." 89. As if we could scrape the color off the iris and still see. 90. ~ Maggie Nelson
88 Minuites quotes by Maggie Nelson
87 Quotes «
» 88 Short Stories Quotes