87 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 87.

Quotes About 87

Enjoy collection of 95 87 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 87. Righ click to see and save pictures of 87 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

If you achieve good results using a poor method, isn't that a much greater achievement than starting from better methods. - Rider ~ Gen Urobuchi
87 quotes by Gen Urobuchi
In middle school, I had an '87 Regal. That was unheard of. ~ Young Jeezy
87 quotes by Young Jeezy
By March '87 we're down to seven thousand, by the end of the year we're down to twelve hundred. The whole bottom just fell out of the market. It was bad for me because I was in Australia at the time. ~ Eddie Campbell
87 quotes by Eddie Campbell
Believe it or not, Marshal, I believe in talk therapy, basic interpersonal skills. I have this radical idea that if you treat a patient with respect and listen to what he's trying to tell you, you just might reach him. (87) ~ Dennis Lehane
87 quotes by Dennis Lehane
It mattered to us both to have some point of reference in that strange place, some means of attesting to the effect it had on us. [p. 87] ~ Shirley Hazzard
87 quotes by Shirley Hazzard
A man liberated from monarchical or hereditary limitations stood a greater chance of possessing a mind free to roam and to grow and to create and to innovate in a climate in which citizens lived together in essential harmony and affection.87 This was Jefferson's ideal republic - and he was ~ Jon Meacham
87 quotes by Jon Meacham
Two weird people sitting weirdly explaining weird bits of deduction was, Misora worried, a scene of overwhelming weirdosity.
(pg. 87, DEATHNOTE: Another Note, The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases) ~ NisiOisiN
87 quotes by NisiOisiN
I can buy baseball cards to view an entire career on the back of a little square of cardboard. But nobody sells major league father cards with key statistics on the back ("Had a great season in 2005: set career highs in unforced expressions of affection and averaged 87 minutes of quality time per day.") ~ John Ortberg Jr.
87 quotes by John Ortberg Jr.
Okay, I have a follow-up question."
Madden exhales. "Yes."
"Is this car worth a lot in your human money?"
"Paige, there's nothing around. Okay? You're going to be fine. Just get in the car, turn on the ignition, and do the obstacle course."
"In that order?"
"Yes."

A 2016 Dodge Viper SRT costs exactly $87,895. I know, because I just crashed one. ~ Andrea Portes
87 quotes by Andrea Portes
Studies show that most people rate themselves well above average when it comes to ethical behavior. In fact, a newsmagazine poll asked people whom they thought would get to heaven. Bill Clinton was a toss-up, getting 52 percent backing from respondents. Former basketball star Michael Jordan did better, at 62 percent. Mother Teresa topped the two American men with 79 percent. But she was not the highest. That honor went to "yourself," with 87 percent. ~ Michael Wheeler
87 quotes by Michael Wheeler
What were you asleep? Helen would say as I opened the door. "I've been up since five." In her hand would be aluminum tray covered with foil, either that or a saucepan with a lid on it.
"Well," I'd tell her, "I didn't go to bed until three."
"I didn't go to bed until three thirty."
This was how it was with her: If you got fifteen minutes of sleep, she got only ten. If you had a cold, she had the flu. If you'd dodged a bullet, she'd dodged five. Blindfolded. After my mother's funeral, I remember her greeting me with "So what? My mother died when I was half your age."
"Gosh," I said. "Thing of everything she missed."
pgs. 86-87 ~ David Sedaris
87 quotes by David Sedaris
Give me strength to forgive. Because he who forgives is the greatest. And I know I cannot forget. ~ Mesa Selimovic
87 quotes by Mesa Selimovic
Maybe at 87 you slow down a drop, but between 44 and 64, there is no difference. ~ Jessica Hecht
87 quotes by Jessica Hecht
The mere fact you're delivering any will help, I'm sure, said Professor Pelc, smiling like a doctor telling a man not to worry, the disease is only fatal in 87 per cent of cases. ~ Terry Pratchett
87 quotes by Terry Pratchett
A billion dollars every week for Iraq, $87 billion for Iraq. We can't get $5 billion for childcare over five years in welfare reform. ~ Jim Wallis
87 quotes by Jim Wallis
Mum and Dad met campaigning on the Spanish civil war. Both were active peace campaigners. They died in 1986 and '87. ~ Jeremy Corbyn
87 quotes by Jeremy Corbyn
. . . I understand that I was writing (recording) as well as seeking to right (to rectify) the wrong, and now, as I retell the tale, I realize that 'I am still at the same subject' still engaged in the same fearful and fierce activity–writing and seeking to right a mortal wrong. (86-87) ~ Sandra M. Gilbert
87 quotes by Sandra M. Gilbert
EDUCATIONAL DECREE NUMBER 87: MISCHIEF MUST ALWAYS BE MANAGED Use moderation when playing tricks on others. Too much Draco-like behavior can get you punched. ~ Kerin Morataya
87 quotes by Kerin Morataya
it's amazing how you can speak right to my heart ~ Lori Nelson Spielman
87 quotes by Lori Nelson Spielman
Bingley prowled his library like a caged animal. The rain separating him from Jane imprisoned him in the house, creating his own personal hell. His sisters worked themselves into a frenzy over the ball, his brother-in-law consoled himself with increasing amounts of drink, and Darcy stared into space with a small smile on his lips. He wondered if the world had turned upside down if Darcy was the besotted man, smiling too much while he grumbled over every detail. ~ Rose Fairbanks
87 quotes by Rose Fairbanks
Now we get to the Karma thing: You make yourself so vulnerable by not tipping well or treating people in the service industry with respect. Not only is it wrong to treat another human being like that, but there's a practical consideration: They're standing between you and eating. Without waiters, nothing comes to your table and nothing goes away. Aren't you worried that they'll put rat poison in your food, or at least spit in it? pages 86-87 ~ Tim Gunn
87 quotes by Tim Gunn
There are still stars which move in ordered and beautiful rhythm. There are still people in this world who keep promises. ~ Madeleine L'Engle
87 quotes by Madeleine L'Engle
In '87, I was about 9 years old, and so at that point I was wearing, like, fluorescent green T-shirts and acid-wash jeans and leg warmers, and my hair was in a ponytail with a scrunchie and I had the teased bangs that were up in a rainbow shape. It was crazy. ~ Malin Akerman
87 quotes by Malin Akerman
It won't do to be afraid of failure. Failure is the mother of success; a long journey begins from the ground beneath his feet. ~ Gen Urobuchi
87 quotes by Gen Urobuchi
The mountains remained the masters, though. Even in the age of electricity and technology and automobiles and tourism, the Adirondacks dictated the landscape of this stretch of northern New York. So there are a lot of lonesome stretches in the midst of all those forests. Heading up I-87, a.k.a. the Northway, the exits get farther and farther apart until you can go five miles, ten miles, fifteen miles without having a way off the road. And even if you do put your blinker on and ease onto a ramp that takes you to the right, all you'll find is a couple of stores and a gas station and two or three houses. People can hide in the Adirondacks. Vampires can hide in the Adirondacks. ~ J.R. Ward
87 quotes by J.R. Ward
Don't talk age! Age has nothing to do with it. One of my guys who started out at my gym is 87 now, and he still does ten bench-press reps with a hundred-pound dumbbell in each hand. He's training to set a leg-pressing record. I put things in the guy's brain way back when, and now he'll never get away from it. ~ Jack LaLanne
87 quotes by Jack LaLanne
You're asking if I'm happy? I've got 87 million in the bank, I've got a Rolls Royce, I've got 3 stalkers, I'm about to go on the board at Manchester City, I'm part of the greatest band in the world. Am I happy with that? No, I'm not! I want more! ~ Noel Gallagher
87 quotes by Noel Gallagher
All my springs of joy are in you" (Ps. 87:7 NASB). ~ Lettie B. Cowman
87 quotes by Lettie B. Cowman
In '87, I used to do this awful, awful James Brown impression. ~ Wanda Sykes
87 quotes by Wanda Sykes
Prop 87 out here in California is about lessening our dependence on oil by using alternative fuels, and Bill Clinton comes on at the end of the ad and says, "If Brazil can do it, America can, too!" Since when did America have to buck itself up by saying we could catch up to Brazil? We invented the airplane and the lightbulb, they invented the bikini wax, and now they're ahead? ~ Bill Maher
87 quotes by Bill Maher
As Nietzsche wrote in Thus Spake Zarathustra: "You must be proud of your enemy; then your enemy's successes are also your successes."87 Be proud of your competitors. Just don't follow them. ~ Eric Schmidt
87 quotes by Eric Schmidt
The United States spends over $87 billion conducting a war in Iraq while the United Nations estimates that for less than half that amount we could provide clean water, adequate diets, sanitations services and basic education to every person on the planet. And we wonder why terrorists attack us. ~ John Perkins
87 quotes by John Perkins
Okay, well, I feel more like seven things than one thing. ~ John Green
87 quotes by John Green
One man alone can give up and subside into the cold and die, far more easily than two together, who will both brace and provoke each other, wrangle and support, give each other warmth and challenge each other's endurance. (The Virgin in the Ice, p. 87 of 200) ~ Ellis Peters
87 quotes by Ellis Peters
The hardest for man is lie to himself between 3:00 and 6:00 in the morning. ~ Stephen King
87 quotes by Stephen King
The Reagan years "produced one of the most dramatic redistributions of income in the nation's history ... The income of families in the bottom decile fell by 10.4 percent ... while the income of those in the top one percent rose by 87.1 percent."
Chain Reaction, 23 ~ Thomas B. Edsall
87 quotes by Thomas B. Edsall
ELIZABETH SIROIS WHARTON, 87, passed away peacefully on May 29, 2010, at Warsaw County Memorial Hospital. She was born on January 19, 1923, the son of Marcel and Catherine Sirois. She is survived by her brother, Henry Sirois, her sister, Charlotte Gibney, her niece, Holly Gibney, and her daughter, Janelle Patterson. Elizabeth was predeceased by her husband, Alvin Wharton, and her beloved daughter, Olivia. Private visitation will be held from 10 AM to 1 PM at Soames Funeral Home ~ Stephen King
87 quotes by Stephen King
You never make any of the shots you never take. 87% of the ones you do take, you'll miss too. I make 110% of my shots. ~ Larry Bird
87 quotes by Larry Bird
Listen, Google,' I will say, 'both John and Paul are courting me. I like both of them, but in a different way, and it's so hard to make up my mind. Given everything you know, what do you advise me to do?'
And Google will answer: 'Well, I know you from the day you were born. I have read all your emails, recorded all your phone calls, and know your favourite films, your DNA and the entire history of your heart. I have exact data about each date you went on, and if you want, I can show you second-by-second graphs of your heart rate, blood pressure and sugar levels whenever you went on a date with John or Paul. If necessary, I can even provide you with accurate mathematical ranking of every sexual encounter you had with either of them. And naturally enough, I know them as well as I know you. Based on all this information, on my superb algorithms, and on decades' worth of statistics about millions of relationships – I advise you to go with John, with an 87 per cent probability of being more satisfied with him in the long run.
Indeed, I know you so well that I also know you don't like this answer. Paul is much more handsome than John, and because you give external appearances too much weight, you secretly wanted me to say "Paul". Looks matter, of course; but not as much as you think. Your biochemical algorithms – which evolved tens of thousands of years ago in the African savannah – give looks a weight of 35 per cent in their overall rating of potential mates. My algorith ~ Yuval Noah Harari
87 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
Strokes are categorized as either bleeding into the brain or a blockage in blood supply, known as an ischemic stroke. The latter are overwhelmingly more common, compromising about 87 percent of all stroke events. ~ David Perlmutter
87 quotes by David Perlmutter
After 87 pictures in 47 years, I knew when to quit. ~ Joel McCrea
87 quotes by Joel McCrea
326. Excessive reading does not make us smarter. Some people simply
"devour" books. They do it without the necessary intervals of thought, which are necessary in order to "digest," to process what has been read, to absorb and comprehend it. When people of that kind speak, pieces of Hegel, Heidegger and Marx come out raw, unprocessed. Reading requires personal contribution as much
as a bee requires "inner" work, as well as time, to transform pollen into honey. ~ Alija Izetbegovic
87 quotes by Alija Izetbegovic
You can spread your soul over a paddy field, you can whisper to a mango tree, you can feel the earth between your toes and know that this is the place, the place where it begins and ends. But what can you tell to a pile of bricks? The bricks will not be moved (page 87). ~ Monica Ali
87 quotes by Monica Ali
Rosie: I know, I'm working on it but I can't quit until I get another job and that's proving to be rather difficult. Apparently no one really cares about whether or not you work as a secretary in a paper-clip factory.
Ruby: Hmm ... how odd ... And it sounds so glamorous, you would think ... Honestly, some people ...
Ahern, Cecelia (2005-02-01). Love, Rosie (p. 87). Hachette Books. Kindle Edition. ~ Cecelia Ahern
87 quotes by Cecelia Ahern
Like it or not, i was already learning that in the worst and darkest time, I would find specks of light, moments of joy. What I didn't want to learn was the other, harsher lesson - that in life's brightest moments there would also be unbearable pain. p 87 ~ Melody Beattie
87 quotes by Melody Beattie
Like Whitman, Chesterton thought that the mere fact of existing is so prodigious that no misfortune should exempt us from a kind of cosmic gratitude. ~ Jorge Luis Borges
87 quotes by Jorge Luis Borges
It's a law of the universe that 87 percent of all people in all professions are incompetent. ~ John Gardner
87 quotes by John Gardner
So often when people hear about the suffering in our world, they feel guilty, but rarely does guilt actually motivate action like empathy or compassion. Guilt paralyzes and causes us to deny and avoid what makes us feel guilty. The goal is to replace our guilt with generosity. We all have a natural desire to help and to care, and we simply need to allow ourselves to give from our love without self-reproach. We each must do what we can. This is all that God asks of us.
- , God Has a Dream, p. 87-88 ~ Desmond Tutu
87 quotes by Desmond Tutu
In '87 - four years after 'Sports' was released - my family and I began vacationing in Montana. I soon bought my first piece of land in Ravalli County, in the western part of the state. ~ Huey Lewis
87 quotes by Huey Lewis
When all was said and done, it was conceivable that a being's purpose remained the same throughout his life, and Eddie's purpose was exactly what it had been when he was a boy, to pursue the light and find what was lost.
Page 87 ~ Alice Hoffman
87 quotes by Alice Hoffman
87 % of youngsters have backache, and rest of 13 % have no computer..! ~ Himmilicious
87 quotes by Himmilicious
Now it makes sense, for example, if the children are taking a vocabulary test of 100 words, and one of the kids misses thirteen of them, to give him an 87 percent. But we go far beyond this. A student writes an essay on a sunset, let us say, and the teacher writes 87 percent at the top of that paper. What he is saying, in effect, is that there is a mathematical metaphor operative here. The figure of 87 is to 100 what this submitted essay is ... to what? What on earth is this supposed to mean? ~ Douglas Wilson
87 quotes by Douglas Wilson
You will live in the midst of economic, political, and spiritual instability. When you see these signs
unmistakable evidences that his coming is nigh
be not troubled, but, "stand ... in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come" (D&C 87:8). Holy men and holy women stand in holy places, and these holy places include our temples, our chapels, our homes, and the stakes of Zion ...
"This preparation must consist of more than just casual membership in the Church. You must learn to be guided by personal revelation and the counsel of the living prophet so you will not be deceived. ~ Ezra Taft Benson
87 quotes by Ezra Taft Benson
At this point, I must describe an important study carried out by Clare W. Graves of Union College, Schenectady, N.Y. on deterioration of work standards. Professor Graves starts from the Maslow-McGregor assumption that work standards deteriorate when people react against workcontrol systems with boredom, inertia, cynicism... A fourteen-year study led to the conclusion that, for practical purposes, we may divide people up into seven groups, seven personality levels, ranging from totally selfpreoccupied and selfish to what Nietzsche called 'a selfrolling wheel'-a thoroughly self-determined person, absorbed in an objective task. This important study might be regarded as an expansion of Shotover's remark that our interest in the world is an overflow of our interest in ourselves - and that therefore nobody can be genuinely 'objective' until they have fully satiated the subjective cravings. What is interesting - and surprising - is that it should not only be possible to distinguish seven clear personality-ypes, but that these can be recognised by any competent industrial psychologist. When Professor Graves's theories were applied in a large manufacturing organisation - and people were slotted into their proper 'levels' - the result was a 17% increase in production and an 87% drop in grumbles.

The seven levels are labelled as follows:

(1) Autistic
(2) Animistic
(3) Awakening and fright
(4) Aggressive power seeking
(5) Sociocentric
(6) Ag ~ Colin Wilson
87 quotes by Colin Wilson
While the government is "studying" and funding and organizing its Big Thought, nothing is being done. But the citizen who is willing to Think Little, and, accepting the discipline of that, to go ahead on his own, is already solving the problem. A man who is trying to live as a neighbor to his neighbors will have a lively and practical understanding of the work of peace and brotherhood, and let there be no mistake about it - he is doing that work ...
A man who is willing to undertake the discipline and the difficulty of mending his own ways is worth more to the conservation movement than a hundred who are insisting merely that the government and the industries mend their ways.
(pg.87, "Think Little") ~ Wendell Berry
87 quotes by Wendell Berry
I would argue that masturbation is the human animal's most important adaptation. The very cornerstone of our technological civilization. Our hands evolved to grip tools, all right - including our own. You see, thinkers, inventors, and scientists are usually geeks, and geeks have a harder time getting laid than anyone. Without the built-in sexual release valve provided by masturbation, it's doubtful that early humans would have ever mastered the secrets of fire or discovered the wheel. And you can bet that Galileo, Newton, and Einstein never would have made their discoveries if they hadn't first been able to clear their heads by slapping the salami (or "knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom"). The same goes for Marie Curie. Before she discovered radium, you can be certain she first discovered the little man in the canoe. ~ Ernest Cline
87 quotes by Ernest Cline
Consider this: Google grew into a multibillion-dollar sensation by helping us find the right Web page. How much more valuable will it be, in every conceivable industry, to find the right person? That information is worth fortunes, and the personal data we throw off draws countless paths straight to our door. Even if you hold back your name, it's a cinch to find you. A Carnegie Mellon University study recently showed that simply by disclosing gender, birth date, and postal zip code, 87 percent of people in the United States could be pinpointed by name. ~ Stephen Baker
87 quotes by Stephen Baker
Patrick Demarchelier was the one who got me my first 'Vogue' cover. It was French 'Vogue' - I think in '87 or '88. I think I was the first black model to be on the cover of French Vogue, which was shocking to me because when I asked them about it, they were like, 'Oh, no. We've never had that before.' ~ Naomi Campbell
87 quotes by Naomi Campbell
Avice for a human.
87. Dark matter is needed to hold galaxies together. Your mind is a Galaxy. More dark than light. But the light makes it worthwhile.
88. Which is to say: don't kill yourself. Even when the darkness is total. Always know that life is not still. Time is space. You are moving through that galaxy. Wait for the stars. ~ Matt Haig
87 quotes by Matt Haig
We were all hit with sticker shock: $87 billion is a huge number. ~ Zack Wamp
87 quotes by Zack Wamp
The Agora had fallen, too.
Vince turned the radio off, dismissing what they'd just heard, and merged onto I-87. A little shriek of madness sounded in the back of his brain, but he said, with admirable calm considering, Seriously, love, I think we've got this. ~ Erin Kellison
87 quotes by Erin Kellison
I wanted to write something that made no linear sense. None. Zero. Something that was 87% pure nonsense, 12% pure alcohol, and 3% orange juice, for a chaser. That formula is accurate, give or take 2% for the milk. In my experience, comedy is 2/3rds tragedy, and one third 33.3 percent. And tragedy started at birth, so humor involving babies is probably the funniest. But even though I didn't write anything about babies, you might laugh so hard that you'll regret not wearing a diaper while reading. ~ Jarod Kintz
87 quotes by Jarod Kintz
My first interest in graffitti came when I was in grammar school, around '87 or '88 I was about twelve years old. I did not know much about writing, I just knew that I liked to write my name everywhere I could in my neighborhood. ~ KAWS
87 quotes by KAWS
Criticism should be received as a kindness (Ps. 141:5). ~ Douglas Wilson
87 quotes by Douglas Wilson
There are those who have a desire to love, but do not have the capacity to love ~ Giovanni Papini
87 quotes by Giovanni Papini
I've already lived the lives of ten people. My father's 87 and still going strong. I think there's a lovely angel watching over me. ~ David Hasselhoff
87 quotes by David Hasselhoff
I don't know that person anymore, that guy in '86, '87. I don't know that guy no more. I don't have no affinity for that guy no more. I have no affinity for the guy who said, 'I am the greatest fighter God produced.' I have no affinity for the guy who said he would try to push his [opponent's] nose bone up into his brain. I just don't know that guy. I don't know who he is. I don't know where he came from. I don't have no kind of connection with him no more ~ Mike Tyson
87 quotes by Mike Tyson
FEDERAL LANDOWNERSHIP (TOP 12 STATES) STATE TOTAL SQUARE MILES % OWNED BY FEDERAL GOV. 1. Nevada 61,548 87.6 2. Utah 35,723 68 3. Alaska 244,627 67 4. Idaho 34,520 65.2 5. Oregon 34,084 55.5 6. California 49,842 49.9 7. Wyoming 30,902 49.7 8. Arizona 32,228 44.3 9. Colorado 25,851 38.9 10. New Mexico 28,143 36.2 11. Washington 13,984 32.8 12. Montana 29,718 31.9 Source: National Wilderness Institute ~ C.J. Box
87 quotes by C.J. Box
Research cited by Robert Cohen has made the point that there is up to a gallon of extra mucus in the body created as a result of drinking dairy. The mucus problem is associated with the fact that 87 percent of milk protein is casein, the main ingredient of Elmer's Glue. ~ Gabriel Cousens
87 quotes by Gabriel Cousens
The fittest of the fittest shall survive ! ~ Bob Marley
87 quotes by Bob Marley
Oakley and Burton have been my main sponsors since '87. I've been riding for both of them. ~ Craig Kelly
87 quotes by Craig Kelly
My new shorty got a gymnastic back,
'87 emerald green on a classic Jag.
She had the cleft palate, I ordered chef's salad;
She had the club foot, with that little arm,
I couldn't help but laugh ... she ordered Chicken Parm. ~ Action Bronson
87 quotes by Action Bronson
New Rule: America must stop bragging it's the greatest country on earth, and start acting like it. I know this is uncomfortable for the "faith over facts" crowd, but the greatness of a country can, to a large degree, be measured. Here are some numbers. Infant mortality rate: America ranks forty-eighth in the world. Overall health: seventy-second. Freedom of the press: forty-fourth. Literacy: fifty-fifth. Do you realize there are twelve-year old kids in this country who can't spell the name of the teacher they're having sex with?

America has done many great things. Making the New World democratic. The Marshall Plan. Curing polio. Beating Hitler. The deep-fried Twinkie. But what have we done for us lately? We're not the freest country. That would be Holland, where you can smoke hash in church and Janet Jackson's nipple is on their flag.

And sadly, we're no longer a country that can get things done. Not big things. Like building a tunnel under Boston, or running a war with competence. We had six years to fix the voting machines; couldn't get that done. The FBI is just now getting e-mail.

Prop 87 out here in California is about lessening our dependence on oil by using alternative fuels, and Bill Clinton comes on at the end of the ad and says, "If Brazil can do it, America can, too!" Since when did America have to buck itself up by saying we could catch up to Brazil? We invented the airplane and the lightbulb, they invented the bikini wax, and now ~ Bill Maher
87 quotes by Bill Maher
Another thing that was unique about working on this stuff was that I was engineering it. I used many of the things I had learned while I was away from the band. It sort of vindicated my decision to leave in '87. ~ Lindsey Buckingham
87 quotes by Lindsey Buckingham
A 2013 study by Riley Dunlap and political scientist Peter Jacques found that a striking 72 percent of climate denial books, mostly published since the 1990s, were linked to right-wing think tanks, a figure that rises to 87 percent if self-published books (increasingly common) are excluded.23 ~ Naomi Klein
87 quotes by Naomi Klein
It is common knowledge that 87% of the problems of the world are caused by cats. No cats, no problems.
Hank the Cowdog ~ John Erickson
87 quotes by John Erickson
In sum, it is not good to let the hand or the sword become fixed or frozen.87 A fixed hand is a dead hand; a hand that does not become fixed is alive. It is necessary to master this well. ~ Miyamoto Musashi
87 quotes by Miyamoto Musashi
I came in on the decline. Phil Elliot was in first, he got his book out, he sold thirteen thousand, I think he got two issues out before I got mine in, this was March '87. He was out in December '86. ~ Eddie Campbell
87 quotes by Eddie Campbell
-Good thing you don't own a mirror, Mr. Mirrorless, or you'd see how ugly you are.

-What makes you think I don't own a mirror? Every face that ever looks at me tells me that I'm ugly. But every time I make them laugh, I get to show them what beauty really is.

-I see what you mean. Here, take my rearview mirror. I don't need to carry it around like a vagina on a rope anymore.

-Mr. Thrustsalone, you don't need to drag a vagina on a rope like some kind of pet on a leash to make you happy. There's a reason why God invented right hands and hookers.

-Why, so politicians could have more productive ways to spend their time and our money than engaging in politics?

-Mr. Thrustsalone, you are wise beyond your years.

-I'm 88 years old.

-Yet you don't look a day older than 87. ~ Jarod Kintz
87 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Denounce useless guilt. Don't make a cult of suffering. Live in the now(or at least the soon). Always do the things you fear most. Courage is an acquired taste like caviar. Trust all joy. If the evil eye fixes you in its gaze, look elsewhere. Get ready to be 87. ~ Erica Jong
87 quotes by Erica Jong
[O]ur own bodies are changing every second. Yet we take the body to be our Self; and, speaking in terms of it, we say, "I am hungry" or "I am lame"; "I am black" or "I am white." These are all just the conditions of the body. We touch the truth when we say, "My body aches," implying the body belongs to us and that therefore we are not that. (87) ~ Swami Satchidananda
87 quotes by Swami Satchidananda
The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr. ~ Anonymous
87 quotes by Anonymous
My dad died, I think, at 87. So I'll be lucky if I make 87. But in a lot of cases, the younger people live longer than their parents. And they know more. My dad used to tell me he ate the hog from his rooter to his tooter. So do I when I'm not trying to lose weight. ~ B.B. King
87 quotes by B.B. King
By midafternoon soft snow is falling, muffling four voices that rise from the cardinal points around the circle, north, south, east, and west,intoning names from registration lists obtained by Rainer from museum archives in Berlin--long lists that represent but tiny fractions of that fraction of new prisoners who survived, however briefly, the first selections on this platform and were tattooed with small blue numbers. The impeccable lists include city and country of origin, arrival date, and date of death, not infrequently on that same day or the next.

Column after column, page after page, of the more common family names ascend softly from the circle of still figures to be borne away on gusts of wind-whirled snow. Schwartz, Herschel; Schwartz, Isaac A.; Schwartz, Isaac D.; Schwartz, Isidor--Who? Isidor? You too? The voices are all but inaudible as befits snuffed-out identities that exist only on lists, with no more reality than forgotten faces in old photo albums--Who's this bald guy in the back? Stray faces of no more significance than wind fragments of these names of long ago, of no more substance than this snowflake poised one moment on his pen before dissolving into voids beyond all Knowing. In Paradise 87-88 ~ Peter Matthiessen
87 quotes by Peter Matthiessen
One learns a good deal in the school of suffering. I wonder what would have happened to me if I had had an easy life, and had not had the privilege of tasting the joys of jail and all it means." ~ Badsha Khan, quote in Nonviolent Soldier of Islam, p. 87 ~ Eknath Easwaran
87 quotes by Eknath Easwaran
I'm not surprised that Governor Dean would oppose [the $87 billion to fund Iraq reconstruction] ... I've lost confidence that he has any understanding of the national security responsibilities of a President ... [b]ecause I don't believe that he has any understanding of the international role that the United States has to play in the world. I think it's a kind of a pseudo-isolationism that appeals to the base of the caucus voters. I do not believe that particularly in the case of Iraq that Governor Dean has any fundamental understanding of what's at stake here. ~ John McCain
87 quotes by John McCain
If we want to preserve Heathrow's hub status, we need to stop clogging it up with point-to-point flights to places such as Cyprus and Greece, which between them account for 87 weekly flights, and contribute nothing to overall connectivity. ~ Zac Goldsmith
87 quotes by Zac Goldsmith
She glanced at Tyson, who'd lost interest in our conversation and was happily making toy boats out of cups and spoons in the lava. ~ Rick Riordan
87 quotes by Rick Riordan
Working outward in concentric circles from the single mother's situation, we can easily draw a picture of what a 'good' mother-son relationship needs in order to flourish. In its ideal form, mom would be experiencing physical, material, social, and emotional support from four interdependent sources: an intimate partner who is also attached to the child; a select group of close friends and family; a wider community that supports mom's values and goals; and a maternity-flexible workplace. ~ Michael Gurian
87 quotes by Michael Gurian
I'm reaching 87, trying to keep fit, presenting a vigorous figure, and it's an effort, and is it worth the effort? I laugh at myself trying to keep a bold front. It's become my habit. I just carry on. ~ Lee Kuan Yew
87 quotes by Lee Kuan Yew
Leon Wells told of Operation 1005, the group of Jewish prisoners assigned to eradicate the evidence by opening mass graves and exhuming, burning, and pulverizing the bodies.

-- The Eichmann Trial, page 87 ~ Deborah E. Lipstadt
87 quotes by Deborah E. Lipstadt
If Vancouver did not succeed as Starbucks from '87 on, our entire international business, which is now thousands of stores and a significant amount of growth and profit, may not have existed. ~ Howard Schultz
87 quotes by Howard Schultz
I lose myself in Stephen without being lost. ~ Andrea Cremer
87 quotes by Andrea Cremer
SAT scores play an important role in admissions, even though they are poor predictors of college performance.87 This benefits affluent students, who are far more likely to enroll in private test preparation and take the test multiple times to boost scores. ~ Elizabeth A. Armstrong
87 quotes by Elizabeth A. Armstrong
Who's going to save rock 'n' roll? It's so silly. Remember like in '86 or '87 and synthesizers were going to take over the world? And remember "rocktronica" in 1997? It's ridiculous. ~ Matthew Caws
87 quotes by Matthew Caws
863 Quotes «
» 88 Minuites Quotes