2150 Bc Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2150 Bc.

Quotes About 2150 Bc

Enjoy collection of 32 2150 Bc quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2150 Bc. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2150 Bc quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Behold, nothing surpasses books. Would that I might make you love them more than your mother. Would that I might make their beauty enter before your face. For it is greater than any office You are to set your heart on books. ~ Anonymous
2150 Bc quotes by Anonymous
...I'm sometimes called a reactionary. People say I want to go back to the 50s. And they're right – but it's the 650s BC I want to return to, because Sparta had the right idea about male love. You can spend all day wrestling and wanking each other off if you want to, chaps, but you still have to get married, have kids and go off to fight wars. ~ Milo Yiannopoulos
2150 Bc quotes by Milo Yiannopoulos
From the late 1830s to the Second World War, China was bullied and humiliated on a vast scale. And it was more shocking for the Chinese because they had lived with the illusion of power and self-sufficiency for much longer than the Ottomans. 'Our country's civilization,' Liang Qichao pointed out in 1902, 'is the oldest in the world. Three thousand years ago, Europeans were living like beasts in the field, while our civilization, its characteristics pronounced, was already equivalent to theirs of the middle ages.
This wasn't just some cultural defensiveness. China could trace its culture back 4,000 years, and political unity to the third century BC. ~ Pankaj Mishra
2150 Bc quotes by Pankaj Mishra
I am not saying people should not be free to join whichever reason they choose but should we be forced to live our lives around a belief system that originated somewhere around the fourth or fifth century BC. I cannot see any more reason to base a belief system around Christianity, Judaism or Islam than I can around Lord of the Rings. ~ Alan Moore
2150 Bc quotes by Alan Moore
It could hardly be made since the pyramids, it is thought, were erected in the predynastic age under the regency of Pharaoh Cheops. This pharaoh, who was also known as Khufu, lived between 2589 and 2566 BC, or one thousand years before the Hyksos (Levites) were ever heard of. ~ Michael Tsarion
2150 Bc quotes by Michael Tsarion
No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for Before Coffee. ~ Cherise Sinclair
2150 Bc quotes by Cherise Sinclair
It was precisely this notion of infinite series which in the sixth century BC led the Greek philosopher Zeno to conclude that since an arrow shot towards a target first had to cover half the distance, and then half the remainder, and then half the remainder after that, and so on ad infinitum, the result was, as I will now demonstrate, that though an arrow is always approaching its target, it never quite gets there, and Saint Sebastian died of fright. ~ Tom Stoppard
2150 Bc quotes by Tom Stoppard
It is the way of our species that when one mate dies the other follows," Fane told her.
"Oh, my gosh!" Sally exclaimed. "That is so freaking romantic! Or depressing it's all in how you look at it. Do you have any cousins?" she asked him hopefully.
Loftis, Quinn (2011-06-29). Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series Book 1) (Kindle Locations 2150-2152). Kindle Edition. ~ Quinn Loftis
2150 Bc quotes by Quinn Loftis
Alchemy, however, began in the first century BC, most probably in Egypt. Indeed, scholars believe that the "chem" in alchemy (and hence in chemistry) is from a Coptic word "khem" which means the Black Land, that is, Egypt, for after the Nile River rises and floods the land each year, it looks black. That alchemy probably began in Egypt makes sense. The Egyptians were some of the best metal workers of the ancient world. From ~ Benjamin Wiker
2150 Bc quotes by Benjamin Wiker
I like a certain grandeur to a landscape, which both the Arctic and coastal BC have. I like it to be at all times clear that people aren't the dominant fact of a particular geography. ~ Kevin Patterson
2150 Bc quotes by Kevin Patterson
that was how plenty of people felt in 634 BC in Rome, as well, when they were convinced that the city was destined to collapse after 120 years of existence. It is how people have felt at countless points in history since then. Try searching Google's library of digitised manuscripts for the phrase 'these uncertain times', and you'll find that it occurs over and over, in hundreds of journals and books, in virtually every decade the database encompasses, reaching back to the seventeenth century. 'As a matter of fact,' Watts insisted, 'our age is no more insecure than any other. Poverty, disease, war, change and death are nothing new. ~ Oliver Burkeman
2150 Bc quotes by Oliver Burkeman
As early as 1,000 BC, man had to wait nearly 3,000 years to talk to me. And my first words to the world right out of the womb were: "Love is timeless, but man is not. I think I'm early." It's true. I was a premature baby. I was born generations before my time. ~ Jarod Kintz
2150 Bc quotes by Jarod Kintz
Great Babylon" (16:19): though Babylon is not mentioned in Scripture between Genesis 11:9 (Babel is the Hebrew name for Bab-ili, which we render Babylon) and the days of Hezekiah, it had its own position in Hebrew thought. Though it had little political importance between its capture by the Kassites in 1530 BC and its being made the capital of a Chaldean empire in 626 BC, it was the virtually undisputed commercial and religious capital of the Fertile Crescent. So it is the personification, so to speak, for the Bible, of humanity organized for financial profit, and of manmade religion in all its attractive sophistry. These are the two aspects which are dealt with in chapters 17 (religion) and 18 (commerce). If we compare Nahum and Habakkuk, we shall learn something of the different impression created by the pride and cruelty of Assyria and the corruption of human nature which the prophet saw in Babylon. ~ F.F. Bruce
2150 Bc quotes by F.F. Bruce
Strategy was first used in Athens (508 BC) to describe the art of leadership used by the ten generals on the war council. Some argue for the more creative, human side, while others argue for the more analytic side of strategy. ~ Max McKeown
2150 Bc quotes by Max McKeown
The first Olympic Games were held in 776 BC. Do you know who lit the flame? Betty White. ~ Jay Leno
2150 Bc quotes by Jay Leno
I only wish to climb even higher during the rest of my career bc with the power of Team Grimmie, I won't stop. ~ Christina Grimmie
2150 Bc quotes by Christina Grimmie
Laozi was an ancient Chinese philosopher. According to Chinese tradition, Laozi lived in the 6th century BC, however many historians contend that Laozi ~ Lao-Tzu
2150 Bc quotes by Lao-Tzu
The fondest dream of the information age is to create an archive of all knowledge. You might call it the Alexandrian fantasy, after the great library founded by Ptolemy I in 286 BC. ~ Gary Wolf
2150 Bc quotes by Gary Wolf
Be a scribe! Your body will be sleek - your hand will be soft . . . you are one who sits grandly in your house; your servants answer speedily; beer is poured copiously; all whose you rejoice in good cheer. Happy is the heart of him who writes; he is young each day. ~ Ptahotep 4500 BC
2150 Bc quotes by Ptahotep 4500 BC
1st Valentine's Day: 200,000 BC men and women congregate on opposite sides of Pangaea, waiting for someone to make the first move. ~ Kristen Schaal
2150 Bc quotes by Kristen Schaal
She knew neither that she was living in the first century BC nor in the Hellenistic Age, both of them later constructs. (The Hellenistic Age begins with the death of Alexander the Great in 323 BC and ends in 30 BC, with the death of Cleopatra. ~ Stacy Schiff
2150 Bc quotes by Stacy Schiff
Before I knew what I was doing, I was giving chase. I was dimly aware it was a really bad idea, but I just couldn't stop. Faery magic: fucking with people's heads since ten million BC. ~ Alexis Hall
2150 Bc quotes by Alexis  Hall
Merry Christmas to all. A Pagan holiday (BC) becomes a Religious holiday (AD). Which then becomes a Shopping holiday (USA). ~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
2150 Bc quotes by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
The legendary inscription above the Academy's door speaks loudly about Plato's attitude toward mathematics. In fact, most of the significant mathematical research of the fourth century BC was carried out by people associated in one way or another with the Academy. Yet Plato himself was not a mathematician of great technical dexterity, and his direct contributions to mathematical knowledge were probably minimal. Rather, he was an enthusiastic spectator, a motivating source of challenge, an intelligent critic, an an inspiring guide. The first century philosopher and historian Philodemus paints a clear picture: "At that time great progress was seen in mathematics, with Plato serving as the general architect setting out problems, and the mathematicians investigating them earnestly." To which the Neoplatonic philosopher and mathematician Proclus adds: "Plato...greatly advanced mathematics in general and geometry in particular because of his zeal for these studies. It is well known that his writings are thickly sprinkled with mathematical terms and that he everywhere tries to arouse admiration for mathematics among students of philosophy." In other words, Plato, whose mathematical knowledge was broadly up to date, could converse with the mathematicians as an equal and as a problem presenter, even though his personal mathematical achievements were not significant. ~ Mario Livio
2150 Bc quotes by Mario Livio
I would say that all our sciences are the material that has to be mythologized. A mythology gives spiritual import - what one might call rather the psychological, inward import, of the world of nature round about us, as understood today. There's no real conflict between science and religion ... What is in conflict is the science of 2000 BC ... and the science of the 20th century AD. ~ Joseph Campbell
2150 Bc quotes by Joseph Campbell
Although there was no reliable way of dating periods, there was no shortage of people willing to try. The most well known early attempt30 was made in 1650, when Archbishop James Ussher of the Church of Ireland made a careful study of the Bible and other historical sources and concluded, in a hefty tome called Annals of the Old Testament, that the Earth had been created at midday on 23 October 4004 BC, an assertion that has amused historians and textbook writers ever since. ~ Bill Bryson
2150 Bc quotes by Bill Bryson
During our World History lesson that morning, Mr. Avenovich loaded up a stand-alone simulation so that our class could witness the discovery of King Tut's tomb by archaeologists in Egypt in AD 1922. (The day before, we'd visited the same spot in 1334 BC and had seen Tutankhamen's empire in all its glory.) ~ Ernest Cline
2150 Bc quotes by Ernest Cline
Whereever you go we will share the same sky ~ Y.Odabasi
2150 Bc quotes by Y.Odabasi
My life is measured into two distinct phases . . . BC is before cellulite and AC is for after cellulite. Sad but so true! ~ Various
2150 Bc quotes by Various
I have come to use the pan-Celtic history, which spans from 500 BC to the present, as a creative springboard. The music I am creating is a result of traveling down that road and picking up all manner of themes and influences, which may or may not be overtly Celtic in nature. ~ Loreena McKennitt
2150 Bc quotes by Loreena McKennitt
In 77 BC, Cicero used the evidence of a client's well-kept ledger to argue in court for his good character and trustworthiness, saying, 'day-books last for a month, ledgers for ever . . . day-books embrace the memory of a moment, ledgers attest the good faith and conscientiousness which ensure a man's reputation for all time'. ~ Jane Gleeson-White
2150 Bc quotes by Jane Gleeson-White
The first contraceptive was crocodile dung," she whispered. "The Egyptians used it in 2000 BC. ~ Jill Shalvis
2150 Bc quotes by Jill Shalvis
Rodion Quotes «
» 216 Quotes