1888 Dime Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1888 Dime.

Quotes About 1888 Dime

Enjoy collection of 43 1888 Dime quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1888 Dime. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1888 Dime quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Since it doesn't cost a dime to dream, you'll never shortchange yourself when you stretch your imagination. ~ Robert H. Schuller
1888 Dime quotes by Robert H. Schuller
I can think of ten good reasons to never let go of a dime, boy. ~ Mr. Krabs
1888 Dime quotes by Mr. Krabs
In 1945, when the male soldiers started coming back home from Europe, she and all the other women pilots that had served as WASPs during the war were unceremoniously told to go home and never received a dime or even thanks from the government. ~ Fannie Flagg
1888 Dime quotes by Fannie Flagg
Calico Kitty

My calico kitty
was painted and primed
she could prowl
the night away ~
without spending a dime... ~ Muse
1888 Dime quotes by Muse
Managers are a dime a dozen, but leaders are priceless ~ H. Wayne Huizenga
1888 Dime quotes by H. Wayne Huizenga
One of the things I like about a character: I always think it's fascinating when a character can turn on a dime and go from one emotion to another. I like watching that. ~ Albert Brooks
1888 Dime quotes by Albert Brooks
American children hear no stories about ghosts. They spend a dime at the drugstore to buy a Superman comic book...Superman represents actual capabilities or future potential, while ghosts symbolize belief in and reverence for the accumulated past...How could ghosts gain a foothold in American cities? People move about like the tide, unable to form permanent ties with places, still less with other people...In a world without ghosts, life is free and easy. American eyes can gaze straight ahead. But still I think they lack something and I do not envy their life. ~ Fei Xiaotong
1888 Dime quotes by Fei Xiaotong
106When I don't have anything to read, I feel like a tortoise without a shell or a boat without an anchor. There is nothing to hide under. Nowhere to stop and rest. When I don't have a book, there is nowhere good or interesting to be, there is nobody to care about, nothing to hope for, and nothing to puzzle over. When I do have something to read, it keeps me breathing. It's the reward for all the other things. It's the thing to look forward to, the reason for doing my day."
p. 177, Dime ~ E.R. Frank
1888 Dime quotes by E.R. Frank
I saw so many kids 22, 19, with holes the size of a dime and they're dead. It's a gunshot and of course those kids thought they were as tough as nails, they never expected to be dead but they're gone. It's kinda nice to walk out of the County Coroner's Office with a couple of sayings, you know? "You're not so tough being dead on a morgue table." ~ Milo Ventimiglia
1888 Dime quotes by Milo Ventimiglia
Farewell, Timothy Riley's Bar," Lane said softly. "Home of the nickel beer. Snooker emporium. Repository of Bluebird records, three for a dime. We honor you and your passing. Farewell. Farewell, Timothy Riley - and terraplanes and rumbleseats and saddle shoes and Helen Forrest and the Triple-C camps and Andy Hardy and Lum 'n' Abner and the world-champion New York Yankees! Rest in peace, you age of innocence - you beautiful, serene, carefree, pre-Pearl Harbor, long summer night. We'll never see your likes again. ~ Rod Serling
1888 Dime quotes by Rod Serling
My father was an insurance man and a small-time gambler. He was a good man, but he had an eye for the racehorses, and I saw how it used to bother my mother. I've never gambled a dime. Never, in all those years in Vegas. ~ Don Rickles
1888 Dime quotes by Don Rickles
Ideas are a dime a dozen, but people who put them into effect are extremely rare. Be the minority and make it happen! ~ Brian Tracy
1888 Dime quotes by Brian Tracy
And I think being a good director is being able to be completely tyrannical and you've got to be an absolute dictator while at the same time, you have to listen and see everything because it can all change on a dime. ~ Bob Balaban
1888 Dime quotes by Bob Balaban
I raise my glass to the Awful Truth,
Which you can't reveal to the Ears of Youth,
Except to say it isn't worth a dime,
And the whole damn place goes crazy twice,
And it's once for the Devil and once for Christ ~ Leonard Cohen
1888 Dime quotes by Leonard Cohen
In Riverview, we stopped at Larkin's Drugstore for a cold drink. Leaving the rest of us to scramble out unaided, John offered Hannah his hand. Although I'd just seen her leap out of a tree as fearless as a cat, she let him help her.
At the soda fountain, Hannah took a seat beside John. In her white dress, she was as prim and proper as any lady you ever saw. Quite frankly, I liked her better the other way.
I grabbed the stool on the other side of Hannah and spun around on it a couple of times, hoping to get her to spin with me, but the only person who noticed was Mama. She told me to sit still and behave myself. "You act like you have ants in your pants," she said, embarrassing me and making Theo laugh.
While I was sitting there scowling at Theo in the mirror, John leaned around Hannah and grinned at me. "To celebrate your recovery, Andrew, I'm treating everyone to a lemon phosphate--everyone, that is, except you."
He paused dramatically, and Hannah gave him a smile so radiant it gave me heartburn. She was going to marry John someday, I knew that. But while I was here, I wanted her all to myself, just Hannah and me playing marbles in the grove, talking, sharing secrets, climbing trees. She had the rest of her life to spend with stupid John Larkin.
"As the guest of honor," John went on, "you may pick anything your heart desires."
Slightly placated by his generosity, I stared at the menu. It was amazing what you could buy for a nickel or a dime in 1 ~ Mary Downing Hahn
1888 Dime quotes by Mary Downing Hahn
Pressure is playing for ten dollars when you don't have a dime in your pocket. ~ Lee Trevino
1888 Dime quotes by Lee Trevino
Down to my last dime and coming apart at the seams. I'm messed up in Mexico, living on refried dreams. ~ Tim McGraw
1888 Dime quotes by Tim McGraw
Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate. ~ Vince Lombardi
1888 Dime quotes by Vince Lombardi
It look like the lord just work for wite folks cause ever sens i wasn nothin but a litle boy i been on my on haulin water to the fiel on that ol water cart wit all them dime bukets an that dipper just hittin an old dorthy just trottin and trottin an me up their hittin her wit that rope ... ~ Thomas Jefferson
1888 Dime quotes by Thomas Jefferson
As far as I can remember, every dime I ever had went to something extravagant. I would rather spend more, buy fewer items and have them forever. ~ Rachel Zoe
1888 Dime quotes by Rachel Zoe
You see a nigga won't give a good girl shit yet he will spend his last dime trying to make a bad girl his bitch. He will go broke trying to trap some whore into a monogamous relationship ~ Crystal Evans
1888 Dime quotes by Crystal Evans
Phillip look into Ray's eyes. He saw compassion and hope. And he saw himself mirrored back, bleeding in a dirty gutter on a street where life was worth less than a dime bag.
Sick, tired, petrified, Phillip dropped his head into his hands.
"What's the point?"
"You're the point, son." Ray ran his hand over Phillip's hair. "You're the point. ~ Nora Roberts
1888 Dime quotes by Nora Roberts
I kind of see myself as a cartoon that's on its way to becoming a real person that has to find that special amulet or mushroom to get to that next realm or level. I don't feel like anything is that tangible. It freaks me out, why I feel unhappy or conflicted and why that can change on a dime. ~ Carly Pope
1888 Dime quotes by Carly Pope
A nickle ain't worth a dime anymore! ~ Yogi Berra
1888 Dime quotes by Yogi Berra
Everybody supports the troops," Dime woofs, "support the troops, support the troops, hell yeah we're so fucking PROUD of our troops, but when it comes to actual money? Like somebody might have to come out of pocket for the troops? Then all the sudden we're on everybody's tight-ass budget. Talk is cheap, I got that, but gimme a break. Talk is cheap but money screams, this is our country, guys. And I fear for it. I think we should all fear for it. ~ Ben Fountain
1888 Dime quotes by Ben Fountain
Making money isn't the main point of business. Money is a by-product ... A new product has been found, something of use to the world. A new industry moves into an undeveloped area. Factories go up, machines go in and you're in business. It's coincidental that people who've never seen a dime now have a dollar and barefooted kids wear shoes and have their faces washed. What's wrong with an urge that gives people libraries, hospitals, baseball diamonds and movies on a Saturday night? ~ Humphrey Bogart
1888 Dime quotes by Humphrey Bogart
But remember, guitar players are a dime a dozen. ~ Krist Novoselic
1888 Dime quotes by Krist Novoselic
Know people who have been stuck in doubt their entire lifetime. Each of these unfortunate individuals - some of them my very own friends and family - came at some point to a crossroads. They came to this crossroads and found themselves rooted there, with one foot firmly planted on each side of the intersection. Alas, they never moved off the dime. They procrastinated. Dithered. Finally, they put a folding chair smack in the center of that crossroads and lived there for the rest of their lives. After a while, they forgot entirely that there even was a crossroads - forgot that there was a choice. ~ Stephen Cope
1888 Dime quotes by Stephen Cope
Both money and art powdered as they are with the romance and poetry of the age are magic. Rather money is magic art is magik. Money is stagecraft slight of hand a bag of clever tricks. Art is a plexus of forces and influences that act upon the senses by means of practical yet permanently inexplicable secret links. Admittedly the line between the two can be as thin as a dime. ~ Tom Robbins
1888 Dime quotes by Tom Robbins
The biggest lie in business is that it takes money to make money, remember that. You gotta be smart, have a plan, pay attention to what's going on around you. None of that costs a dime. ~ Ann Patchett
1888 Dime quotes by Ann Patchett
Air traffic control is going to have a steamy old fit on your dime, boy.
They can get in line behind the police, the people whose cars we trashed, the Empire of Ob'enn, the Partnership Collective, and the Wormgate Corporation. Oh, and I think maybe some dark matter beasties from Andromeda.
You "think maybe"?
-General Tagon & Captain Andreyasn ~ Howard Tayler
1888 Dime quotes by Howard Tayler
I'm not Dead-Eye Dan. I gave up chasin' bounties and don't plan on ever goin' back. I ain't a dime-novel hero, but I'm steady, I work hard, and I'll do my best to give you the life you deserve." Etta opened her mouth, but he shook his head at her, needing to get everything said at once. "I know I'm a good deal older than you, twelve years by my count, and most young ladies would probably wish for someone younger, less tarnished. I've seen a lot of ugliness in this life, Etta. I won't lie to you about that. I'm rather set in my ways and opinionated about how things oughta be done, but I'd like to think that God gave me some wisdom over the years, too. Wisdom that will help me be the husband and father I want to be, one who will lead his family in a way that honors the Lord." Dan ~ Karen Witemeyer
1888 Dime quotes by Karen Witemeyer
If I had a dime for every time a homeless guy asked me for change, I'd still say no. ~ Bo Burnham
1888 Dime quotes by Bo Burnham
One of the things that separates a good genre movie from a bad genre movie, I always think, ironically, is when you care about the people. The dime a dozen ones are where you don't have any awareness of the character. ~ Ethan Hawke
1888 Dime quotes by Ethan Hawke
Come on, you winefizzling, ginsizzling, booseguzzling existences! Come on, you dog-gone, bullnecked, beetlebrowed, hogjowled, peanutbrained, weaseleyed fourflushers, false alarms and excess baggage! Come on, you triple extract of infamy! Alexander J. Christ Dowie, that's yanked to glory most half this planet from 'Frisco Beach to Vladivostok. The Deity ain't no nickel dime bumshow. I put it to you that he's on the square and a corking fine business proposition. He's the grandest thing yet and don't you forget it. Shout salvation in king Jesus. You'll need to rise precious early, you sinner there, if you want to diddle the Almighty God. Pflaaaap! Not half. He's got a coughmixture with a punch in it for you, my friend, in his backpocket. Just you try it on. ~ James Joyce
1888 Dime quotes by James Joyce
It's worth pointing out that [Herman Melville] worked in [the New York Custom House] as a deputy customs inspector between 1866 and 1885. Nineteen years, and he never got a raise - four dollars a day, six days a week. He was by then a washed-up writer, forgotten and poor. I used to find this subject heartbreaking, a waste: the greatest living American author was forced to spend his days writing tariff reports instead of novels. But now, knowing what I know about the sleaze of the New York Custom House, and the honorable if bitter decency with which Melville did his job, I have come to regard literature's loss as the republic's gain. Great writers are a dime a dozen in New York. But an honest customs inspector in the Gilded Age? Unheard of. ~ Sarah Vowell
1888 Dime quotes by Sarah Vowell
I backed my car into a cop car the other day
Well he just drove off sometimes life's OK
I ran my mouth off a bit too much oh what did I say
Well you just laughed it off it was all OK

And we'll all float on OK
And we'll all float on any way

Well, a fake Jamaican took every last dime with that scam
It was worth it just to learn from sleight of hand
Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands
Good news will work its way to all them plans
We both got fired on exactly the same day
Well we'll float on good news is on the way

And we'll all float on alright
Already we'll all float on
Now don't you worry we'll all float on alright
Already we'll all float on alright
Don't worry we'll all float on

(alright already)
And we'll all float on alright
Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on alright
Already we'll all float on OK
Don't worry we'll all float on
Even if things get heavy we'll all float on alright
Don't you worry we'll all float on alright
All float on ~ Modest Mouse
1888 Dime quotes by Modest Mouse
We started in our living room on a card table in our living room, and we have a multi-million dollar company and we know it can be done without borrowing a dime. It takes a while to get it started and to turn the wheel over, but the next time it's easier and the next few hundred times, it's easier than that. Have a budget where you reinvest a percentage of every dollar you earn to grow it. ~ Dave Ramsey
1888 Dime quotes by Dave Ramsey
But I always have thought it was strange, if our mother cells done so much for medicine, how come her family can't afford to see no doctors? Don't make no sense. People got rich off my mother without us even knowin about them takin her cells, now we don't get a dime. ~ Rebecca Skloot
1888 Dime quotes by Rebecca Skloot
Life changes. It's usually in the blink of an eye. One minute everything's fine, if not stagnant; then, it's not. But your character's not defined by what happens to you but by how you respond to those emotionally significant events. Who will you become when your life turns on a dime? ~ Bobby Cole
1888 Dime quotes by Bobby Cole
A bum stood at the Lucky Market right in front of Artesia & Blossom. He was begging for money. He looked pretty pathetic, dressed in rancid, oily clothes. He smelled like cigarettes and urine. "Can you spare a dime?" he would ask. People would shake their heads or walk around him. He was getting nowhere. Two hours went by, no money, not a cent. "Please, a dime!" cried the bum. A middle-aged man walked by him, heard his plea and laid upon him a mint new dime. "Thank you, sir! Thank you!" shouted the bum. Dime in hand, the bum limped over to a phone booth and called in the airstrike. ~ Henry Rollins
1888 Dime quotes by Henry Rollins
These days, you've gotta milk a dollar out of every dime. ~ Gayle Forman
1888 Dime quotes by Gayle Forman
To be sure, the Fair Tax is a big idea. However, I believe America was built on big ideas, and I was elected to Congress to fight for those big ideas, not nibble around the edges of a broken and destructive system. The FairTax would be a real stimulus for economic growth, and it wouldn't cost taxpayers a dime. ~ Rob Woodall
1888 Dime quotes by Rob Woodall
Khanthaly Egg Quotes «
» Selfhood Kin Quotes