1622 Indian Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1622 Indian.

Quotes About 1622 Indian

Enjoy collection of 45 1622 Indian quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1622 Indian. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1622 Indian quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Dana daydreamed of one day being able to set her agenda at B.Altman with the same courage and tenacity as the woman who was now driving the VW while speaking animatedly about her travel plans for the near future. She would be journeying to India in search of exotic merchandise for the store's Indian extravaganza, a lavish event planned by Ira Neimark and Dawn Mello to compete with Bloomingdale's Retailing as Theater movement. The movement was the brainchild of Bloomingdale's Marvin Traub, who staged elaborate presentations such as China: Heralding the Dawn of a New Era. Typical extravaganzas featured fashion, clothing, food, and art from various regions of the world.
"I'll bring back enough items to make Bloomingdale's blush!" Nina said confidently. "And I'm not just talking sweaters, hats, and walking sticks. I'll stop first in the Himalayas and prowl the Landour Bazaar."
Lynn Steward ~ A Very Good Life ~ Lynn Steward
1622 Indian quotes by Lynn Steward
When you go to an Indian temple, it is just to behold an energy form. You want to take an imprint of the Divine within yourself. ~ Sadghuru
1622 Indian quotes by Sadghuru
He had to reduce his age on his bio data. Otherwise, he had little chance of getting a job. Why would an Indian company employ a forty-nine-year-old when it could get two twenty-four-year-olds for the age of one forty-niner? ~ Desmond Macedo
1622 Indian quotes by Desmond Macedo
It has seemed so strange to me that the larger culture, with its own absence of spirit and lack of attachment for the land, respects these very things about Indian traditions, without adopting those respected ways themselves. ~ Linda Hogan
1622 Indian quotes by Linda Hogan
The blast wave that passed through my sister's office doubtless passed through devout Muslims, atheist Muslims, gay Muslims, funny Muslims, and lovestruck Muslims - not to mention Pakistani Christians, Chinese engineers, American security contractors, and Indian Sikhs. What civilization, then, did the bomb target? And from what civilization did it originate? ~ Mohsin Hamid
1622 Indian quotes by Mohsin Hamid
Even in Indian cinema, there is so much work that I have accepted because I'm comfortable and so much I have declined because I haven't been comfortable. ~ Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
1622 Indian quotes by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
My music and lyrics became an extension of this Indian philosophy. ~ Gary Wright
1622 Indian quotes by Gary Wright
What the hell does this say about India? Appearances are more important than truths. Gossip is more potent than facts. Loyalty is all one way, from the woman to the man. And when society stacks up all the odds against a woman, she'd better not count on the man's support. She has no way out other than to end her own life. And I'm in love with an Indian. I must be crazy. ~ Shashi Tharoor
1622 Indian quotes by Shashi Tharoor
Once you have felt the Indian dust, you will never be free of it. ~ Rumer Godden
1622 Indian quotes by Rumer Godden
If I could tell you only one thing about my life it would be this: when I was seven years old the mailman ran over my had. As formative events go, nothing else comes close; my careening, zigzag existence, my wounded brain and faith in God, my collisions with joy and affliction, all of it has come, in one way or another, out of that moment on a summer morning when the left rear tire of a United States postal jeep ground my tiny head into the hot gravel of the San Carlos Apache Indian reservation. ~ Brady Udall
1622 Indian quotes by Brady Udall
My father was a painter and he taught art. He once said to me, 'I never knew an Indian child who could not draw.' ~ N. Scott Momaday
1622 Indian quotes by N. Scott Momaday
I know a lot about being white - because I have to, I live in the white world. A white person doesn't live in the Indian world. I have to be white every day. ~ Sherman Alexie
1622 Indian quotes by Sherman Alexie
Indian food is a luxury on tour. ~ Mahesh Bhupathi
1622 Indian quotes by Mahesh Bhupathi
When I was a schoolboy in England, the old bound volumes of Kipling in the library had gilt swastikas embossed on their covers. The symbol's 'hooks' were left-handed, as opposed to the right-handed ones of the Nazi hakenkreuz, but for a boy growing up after 1945 the shock of encountering the emblem at all was a memorable one. I later learned that in the mid-1930s Kipling had caused this 'signature' to be removed from all his future editions. Having initially sympathized with some of the early European fascist movements, he wanted to express his repudiation of Hitlerism (or 'the Hun,' as he would perhaps have preferred to say), and wanted no part in tainting the ancient Indian rune by association. In its origin it is a Hindu and Jainas symbol for light, and well worth rescuing. ~ Christopher Hitchens
1622 Indian quotes by Christopher Hitchens
You just feel a little odd when you don't get your kind of food. Fortunately, there are Indian restaurants all over the world. ~ Virat Kohli
1622 Indian quotes by Virat Kohli
The tribal attitude said, and continues to say, that Gay people are especially empowered because we are able to identify with both sexes and can see into more than one world at once, having the capacity to see from more than one point of view at a time. And that is also an Indian way of seeing. ~ Judy Grahn
1622 Indian quotes by Judy Grahn
Winner of the "Booker of Bookers," Midnight's Children is the novel that can be said to have done for Indian literature what One Hundred Years of Solitude did for the literature of the Americas, exciting a boom whose echoes have yet to fade. ~ Salman Rushdie
1622 Indian quotes by Salman Rushdie
Indians abroad tend to stick together. They join Indian clubs, regularly visit mosques, temples and gurdwaras and eat Indian food at home or in Indian restaurants. Very rarely do they mix with the English on the same terms as they do with their own countrymen. This kind of island-ghetto existence feeds on stereotypes - the English are very reserved; they do not invite outsiders to their homes because they regard their homes as their castles; English women are frigid, etc. I discovered that none of this was true. In the years that followed, I made closer friends with English men and women than I did with Indians. I lived in dozens of English homes and shared their family problems. And I discovered to my delight that nothing was further from the truth that the canard that English women are frigid. ~ Khushwant Singh
1622 Indian quotes by Khushwant Singh
At some point, economists must study the Business Family Wedding Gift Economy. It is an extraordinary, closed bubble. What happens is this: a woman marries into a conservative Indian business family. She may well be energetic and bright, but there's no place for her at work, nor can she work elsewhere. So, instead, she's urged to 'take up something'. Scented candles, usually. Sometimes kurta design. Or necklaces, or faux-Rajasthani coffee tables. She then becomes a 'success', because every other woman in the family buys her candles as wedding presents, at hideously inflated prices. In return, she buys their kurtas as wedding presents. Eventually, everyone is buying everyone else's hideous creations at hideously high prices, and nobody can ever tell anyone else their stuff sucks, and that nobody really likes the smell of lavender anyway. The most amazing thing is, this is not a very different economy from the one their husbands are in. ~ Mihir S. Sharma
1622 Indian quotes by Mihir S. Sharma
Cultures, when they meet, influence one another, whether people like it or not. But Americans don't have any way of describing this secret that has been going on for more than two hundred years. The intermarriage of the Indian and the African in America, for example, has been constant and thorough. Colin Powell tells us in his autobiography that he is Scotch, Irish, African, Indian, and British, but all we hear is that he is African. ~ Richard Rodriguez
1622 Indian quotes by Richard Rodriguez
I have compromised down the line. I've disliked it intensely in the old days when you were trying to talk race relations and they would not allow you to talk about the legitimacies of race relations. In the old days, you didn't talk about black, you talked about Eskimo or American Indian, and the American Indian was assumed not to be a problem area. ~ Rod Serling
1622 Indian quotes by Rod Serling
You ask
if I will write a poem
I could,
I suppose
write the most
splendiferous
one of all

but not
right
now
not when

your hands
are brewing
warm
cinnamon tea
across my skin

not when I'm
trying to imagine
what might happen
if you began
flowering
kisses
upon
me

My dear,
how can
I write
a poem
when I'm already
inside one? ~ Sanober Khan
1622 Indian quotes by Sanober Khan
I'm such an odd mix of things. My grandfather was Indian: I've got more family living in India than I do in the U.K. My old man was East London. I was brought up in Yorkshire. My great-grandfather was Irish. ~ Sebastian Coe
1622 Indian quotes by Sebastian Coe
INDIAN wisdom says our lives are rivers. We are born somewhere small and quiet and we move toward a place we cannot see, but only imagine. Along our journey, people and events flow into us, and we are created of everywhere and everyone we have passed. Each event, each person, changes us in some way. Even in times of drought we are still moving and growing, but it is during seasons of rain that we expand the most - when water flows from all directions, sweeping at terrifying speed, chasing against rocks, spilling over boundaries. These are painful times, but they enable us to carry burdens we could never have thought possible. ~ Lisa Wingate
1622 Indian quotes by Lisa Wingate
I'm a West Indian mum and West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children. ~ Diane Abbott
1622 Indian quotes by Diane Abbott
You are a girl, Shirin. Girls don't run around naked.'Why?'They just don't. ~ Renita D'Silva
1622 Indian quotes by Renita D'Silva
Indian Nadi System of Medicine is not much part of traditional Ayurveda, Unani, or yoga but part of a few ancient oral and family medicine traditions of India. ~ Amit Ray
1622 Indian quotes by Amit Ray
As women, we are constantly criticising and judging ourselves in terms of our body, how we dress, what profession we take up, how we fare in that. Indian women are gifted with certain body types and features, which is healthy, and we should accept that. ~ Vidya Balan
1622 Indian quotes by Vidya Balan
I think there is a real misconception about Indian food being super spicy. And I know that's because when you go into an Indian restaurant, it is pretty spicy. But it doesn't have to be. In fact, my husband can't handle a lot of heat. I've had to temper my cooking so that he can eat with me. ~ Aarti Sequeira
1622 Indian quotes by Aarti Sequeira
Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it everywhere. ~ George Washington
1622 Indian quotes by George Washington
I know the difference between peace and war better than any man in my country. Why will you take by force what you may have quietly by love? Why will you destroy us who supply you with food? What can you get by war? Why are you jealous of us? We are unarmed, and willing to give you what you ask, if you come in a friendly manner, and not so simple as not to know that it is much better to eat good meat, sleep comfortably, live quietly with my wives and children, laugh and be merry with the English, and trade for their copper and hatchets, than to run away from them, and to lie cold in the woods, and feed on acorns, roots, and such trash, and be so hunted that I can neither eat nor sleep. ~ Powhatan The Indian
1622 Indian quotes by Powhatan The Indian
Then must you speak
Of one that loved not wisely but too well,
Of one not easily jealous but, being wrought,
Perplexed in the extreme; of one whose hand,
Like the base Indian, threw a pearl away
Richer than all his tribe; of one whose subdued eyes,
Albeit unused to the melting mood,
Drop tears as fast as the Arabian trees
Their medicinable gum. Set you down this,
And say besides that in Aleppo once,
Where a malignant and a turbaned Turk
Beat a Venetian and traduced the state,
I took by th' throat the circumcised dog
And smote him thus. ~ William Shakespeare
1622 Indian quotes by William Shakespeare
All the land our forefathers had was a little strip of country, here between the mountains and the ocean. All the way from here west was Indian country, and Spanish and French and English country. It was farmers that took all that country and made it America." "How?" Almanzo asked. "Well, son, the Spaniards were soldiers, and high-and-mighty gentlemen that only wanted gold. And the French were fur-traders, wanting to make quick money. And England was busy fighting wars. But we were farmers, son; we wanted the land. It was farmers that went over the mountains, and cleared the land, and settled it, and farmed it, and hung on to their farms. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
1622 Indian quotes by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Politics in Bolivia must combine social consciousness with professional competency. In my administration, intellectuals from the upper class can be cabinet ministers or ambassadors, as can members of Indian ethnic groups. ~ Evo Morales
1622 Indian quotes by Evo Morales
The Indian is a human being. ~ George Crook
1622 Indian quotes by George Crook
Bela had thought she knew what love felt like, but when she saw Sanjay at the airport after six long months, her heart gave a great, hurtful lurch, as though it were trying to leap out of her body to meet him. This, she thought. This is it. But it was only part of the truth. She would learn over the next years that love can feel a lot of different ways, and sometimes it can hurt a lot more. ~ Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
1622 Indian quotes by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Nicole craved sweets. Her list included peach pie, rhubarb pie, and pumpkin pie, all of which would be on hand the following week for the Fourth of July cookout on the bluff, so she knew Quinnie cooks would have their recipe cards nearby. In addition to pies, she wanted recipes for blueberry cobbler, apple crisp, molasses Indian pudding, Isobel Skane's chocolate almond candy, and, of course, Melissa Parker's marble macadamia brownies. ~ Barbara Delinsky
1622 Indian quotes by Barbara Delinsky
I didn't have a role model. My role model was Michael Jordan. Bad role model for an Indian dude ... I didn't have anyone who looked like me. And by the time I was old enough to have what could have been a role model, they were my peers. Aziz Ansari is my peer. Kal Penn is my peer. ~ Utkarsh Ambudkar
1622 Indian quotes by Utkarsh Ambudkar
I remember really bonding with the first generation kids, the Chinese Canadian kids, and in high school bonding with the Latin kids and the East Indian kids. It was very interesting because it made me open to lots of musical sounds. ~ Nelly Furtado
1622 Indian quotes by Nelly Furtado
There the wild animals wandered and fed as though they were in a pasture that stretched much farther than a man could see, and there were no settlers. Only Indians lived there. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
1622 Indian quotes by Laura Ingalls Wilder
It is the prime responsibility of every citizen to feel that his country is free and to defend its freedom is his duty. Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in this country but with certain duties. ~ Vallabhbhai Patel
1622 Indian quotes by Vallabhbhai Patel
Don't go and cook Indian food if you never cooked Indian food, you know? ~ Wolfgang Puck
1622 Indian quotes by Wolfgang Puck
Laura's bored expression had gradually fallen away as he spoke, and now she looked at him in amazement.
'You do realize I was being rude? Are you being polite because I am a guest and guests are like, what, gods in Indian culture?'
'Only in the history books. We treat guests the same as most people do around the world. Guests are fine as long as they respect boundaries and don't wear out their welcome. But you are more than a guest, Ms Mackenzie, you are a client. And clients are the gods of any business, anywhere in the world. ~ Indu Muralidharan
1622 Indian quotes by Indu Muralidharan
The Ojibways have great respect for the Bear. According to their legends, in the distant past the Bear had a human form and was in fact an ancestor of the Ojibways. Therefore he understands the Indian language and will never attack or fight any Indian if he is addressed properly. ~ Norval Morrisseau
1622 Indian quotes by Norval Morrisseau
Here I am: a Russian-speaking Jew living in Canada, and you, an Indian ex-patriot living in San Francisco. All of a sudden we commune in this moment about a much older Russian political dissident.That's the human part of being human: feeling those moments. ~ David Bezmozgis
1622 Indian quotes by David Bezmozgis
Jehnna Keshishian Quotes «
» Natonya Walton Quotes