123 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 123.

Quotes About 123

Enjoy collection of 27 123 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 123. Righ click to see and save pictures of 123 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

And so We've placed wicked leaders in every town, drawn from among its most influential citizens, so they can weave their schemes, but in the end they're only scheming against their own souls, even though they don't realize it! [123] ~ Anonymous
123 quotes by Anonymous
(2002) In Rome, month upon month, I struggled with how to structure the book about my father (He already had the water, he just had to discover jars). At one point I laid each chapter out on the terrazzo floor, eighty-three in all, arranged them like the map of an imaginary city. Some of the piles of paper, I imagined, were freestanding buildings, some were clustered into neighborhoods, and some were open space. On the outskirts, of course, were the tenements
abandoned, ramshackled. The spaces between the piles were the roads, the alleyways, the footpaths, the rivers. The bridges to other neighborhoods, the bridges out ... In this way I could get a sense if one could find their way through the book, if the map I was creating made sense, if it was a place one would want to spend some time in. If one could wander there, if one could get lost. ~ Nick Flynn
123 quotes by Nick Flynn
Instead of slapping her head, I do what they tell you to do: count to ten. Only I do it the gifted way: 123+456+789+10. When your sister has hurtled you swerving into the darkness, stranded you at a funeral home, and threatens to get you in trouble, just stop and count to 1,378 before you respond. ~ Jo Ann Beard
123 quotes by Jo Ann Beard
On an average day, 324,000 new babies are born into the world every day. During that same day, 10,000 persons, on an average, will have starved to death or died from malnutrition.' So it goes. 'In addition, 123,000 persons will die for other reasons.' So it goes. 'This leaves a net gain of about 191,000 each day in the world. The Population Reference Bureau predicts that the world's total population will double to 7,000,000,000 before the year 2000.'
'I suppose they will all want dignity,' I said.
'I suppose,' said O'Hare. ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
123 quotes by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
In the time of Luther, Spinoza, Galileo, or Voltaire people did not complain because they were "offended" or "insulted" by the ideas these men put forward.123 New ideas were suppressed, to be sure, and even more brutally than nowadays, but not because people said they felt "offended." The Inquisition was not "insulted" by the heretics, atheists, and secularists they brought to the stake. Where does this contemporary preoccupation with being "offended" and "insulted" come from? Why do people feel victimized if contradicted? What is the origin of those frequent calls for "respect" and "dialogue," as if there were people who advocated "disrespect" or would favor stopping the dialogue? ~ Paul Cliteur
123 quotes by Paul Cliteur
No woman can be gotten with child without some knowledg, consent and delight in the acting thereof." Charles J. Hoadly, ed., Records of the Colony or Jurisdiction of New Haven, From May, 1653, to the Union (Hartford: Case, Lockwood, 1858), 123; ~ Jill Lepore
123 quotes by Jill Lepore
Looking for someone to tell me how great I am, do everything for me and don't dare want anything from me. Skills... Fooled easily, kind, loving, smart with low self love. Willing to keep quiet while I abuse you. People with boundaries need not apply. Call Narcissist 555-123-4567. ~ Tracy Malone
123 quotes by Tracy Malone
Mean-Value Theorem for Integrals, 123 but for Hal's synoptic purposes here it's enough to say that megatonnage is distributed among Combatants according to an integrally regressed ratio of (a) ~ David Foster Wallace
123 quotes by David Foster Wallace
121.George Bernard Shaw – Plays and Prefaces
122.Max Planck – Origin and Development of the Quantum Theory; Where Is Science Going?; Scientific Autobiography
123.Henri Bergson – Time and Free Will; Matter and Memory; Creative Evolution; The Two Sources of Morality and Religion
124.John Dewey – How We Think; Democracy and Education; Experience and Nature; Logic; the Theory of Inquiry
125.Alfred North Whitehead – An Introduction to Mathematics; Science and the Modern World; The Aims of Education and Other Essays; Adventures of Ideas
126.George Santayana – The Life of Reason; Skepticism and Animal Faith; Persons and Places
127.Vladimir Lenin – The State and Revo ~ Mortimer J. Adler
123 quotes by Mortimer J. Adler
She's beautiful, but she's also got brains. I'll bet zombies would love to eat out of her skull like a bowl of Jell-O that had an IQ of 180 - which is absurd, because the last bowl of Jell-O I ate only measured in with an IQ of 123. Still, an IQ of 123 is more than double what it probably takes to be elected into political office. ~ Jarod Kintz
123 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Between 6 and 8 percent of pigs die before they are trucked from the factory farm to slaughter. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, about 123 million pigs were slaughtered in 2006. That means 7 to 10 million died on their own before we could kill them. ~ Steven M. Wise
123 quotes by Steven M. Wise
Who among us is free? Only those who see their chains know what freedom means.-pg. 123 Welland Hevington, A Memoir The Demon's Daughter ~ Emma Holly
123 quotes by Emma Holly
He wont have to worry about you spilling his secrets."
"Yeah," Jace said, "he's terrified I'll tell everyone that he's always really wanted to be a ballerina."
-Inquisitor & Jace about Valentine, pg.123- ~ Cassandra Clare
123 quotes by Cassandra Clare

xexdnm981629 ~ Jeff Mariotte
123 quotes by Jeff Mariotte
Maybe I can do some writing then. The phrase made him sick. It had no meaning anymore. Like a word that is repeated until it becomes gibberish that sentence, for him, had been used to extinction. It sounded silly; like some bit of cliché from a soap opera. Hero saying in dramatic tones – Now, by God, maybe I can do some writing. Senseless. For a moment, though, he wondered if it was true. Now that she was leaving could he forget about her and really get some work done? Quit his job? Go somewhere and hold up in a cheap furnished room and write? You have $123.89 in the bank, his mind informed him. He pretended it was the only thing that kept him from it. But, far back in his mind, he wondered if he could write anything. Often the question threw itself at him when he was least expecting it. You have four hours every morning, the statement would rise like a menacing wraith. You have time to write many thousands of words. Why don't you? And the answer was always lost in a tangle of becauses and wells and endless reasons that he clung to like a drowning man at straws.("Mad House") ~ Richard Matheson
123 quotes by Richard Matheson
Emperor's Soul pg 123:
Attempts to Forge the window to a better version of itself had repeatedly failed; each time, after five minutes or so, the window had reverted to its cracked, gap-sided self.
Then Shai had found a bit of colored glass rammed into one side of the frame. The window, she realized, had once been a stained glass piece, like many in the palace. It had been broken, and whatever had shattered the window had also bent the frame, producing those gaps that let in the frigid breeze.
Rather than repairing it as it had been meant to be, someone had put ordinary glass into the window and left it to crack. A stamp from Shai in the bottom right corner had stored the window, rewriting its history so that a caring master craftsman had discovered the fallen window and remade it. That seal had taken immediately. Even after ll this time, the window had seen itself as something beautiful. ~ Brandon Sanderson
123 quotes by Brandon Sanderson
In the country, I stopped being a person who, in the words of Sylvia Boorstein, startles easily. I grew calmer, but beneath that calm was a deep well of loneliness I hadn't known was there ... Anxiety was my fuel. When I stopped, it was all waiting for me: fear, anger, grief, despair, and that terrible, terrible loneliness. What was it about? I was hardly alone. I loved my husband and son. I had great friends, colleagues, students. In the quiet, in the extra hours, I was forced to ask the question, and to listen carefully to the answer: I was lonely for myself. [p. 123] ~ Dani Shapiro
123 quotes by Dani Shapiro
Criminals look at identity theft and say only 1 in 700 criminals gets convicted of it. And they look at check forgery and they know that for every 1,400 forgers arrested, only about 123 get convicted and about 26 go to jail. So the rewards are great, but the risks are very slim. So that's one of the reasons that make it very popular. ~ Frank Abagnale
123 quotes by Frank Abagnale
Mass education, because it produces hosts of badly educated people liberated from fatalism, will contribute to instability (p. 123). ~ Robert D. Kaplan
123 quotes by Robert D. Kaplan
Love hurts."
Oh, shut UP!" - pg 123 ~ James Patterson
123 quotes by James Patterson
{Replying to G. H. Hardy's suggestion that the number of a taxi (1729) was 'dull', showing off his spontaneous mathematical genius}

No, it is a very interesting number; it is the smallest number expressible as a sum of two cubes in two different ways, the two ways being 13 + 123 and 93 + 103. ~ Srinivasa Ramanujan
123 quotes by Srinivasa Ramanujan
There are 7,123,024,873 people in the world, and nick keeps choosing me ~ Holly Smale
123 quotes by Holly Smale
So I picked the book up and did my usual 123 test. I don't bother reading the blurb on the back, or the first page - the writer's obviously going to be trying their hardest there, aren't they? It's how they're getting on by page 123 that's the real test. If they're crap at writing or bored with their story then you can bet they won't be making any effort at all by that point. ~ Siobhan Curham
123 quotes by Siobhan Curham
Fresno Bulldogs: This gang is one of the few California Hispanic gangs not to claim allegiance to the Surenos or Nortenos. Latin Kings: This Chicago-based group consists of more than 160 cliques in 30 states and has as many as 35,000 members. Mara Salvatrucha (or M.S. 13): This violent Hispanic organization has origins in El Salvador. It has roughly 8,000 members in the United States and another 20,000 outside the United States. Bloods: With its roots in Los Angeles, this African American street gang exists in 123 cities and 33 states. Crips: Also founded in Los Angeles, this African American gang exists in 40 states and has 30,000 to 35,000 members. Gangster Disciples: This Chicago-based African American gang is active in at least 31 states and has more than 25,000 members. Vice Lord Nation: This Chicago-based African American gang has around 30,000 members in 28 states. ~ Steven Briggs
123 quotes by Steven Briggs
The number 12 is good, the number 123 is better, but the number one is still the best. ~ Jarod Kintz
123 quotes by Jarod Kintz
A recent study in the American Journal of Epidemiology followed 123,216 subjects over fourteen years and found that men who spent more than 6 hours a day sitting were 17 percent more likely to die during that time than men who sat for less than 3 hours. For women, the increased risk of death was 34 percent. This increased mortality persisted regardless of whether the participants smoked, were overweight, and - this shocked me - regardless of how much they exercised. Humans aren't built to sit all day. ~ Scott Jurek
123 quotes by Scott Jurek
One night, walking on the street in the Colonia Portales, I become startled by my own train of thought. I am desperately poor right now, surviving on coffee, orange juice, and beer ('grain juice'), and tacos. Gigs for writers don't come easy. I am angry and depressed and feverish. I had moved to Mexico City on a whim and I knew it would be hard. What I fail to expect is that the delinquency mind-set would take over my brain. Who would stop me, I think, who would catch me, if I hop into that cab coming my way and start barking directions? Who would know or care if I held a knife to the driver's throat, demanded all his money, and threatened to kill him if he made any further moves? How would I feel when I got home at night, finally able to eat properly? p 123-4 ~ Daniel Hernandez
123 quotes by Daniel Hernandez
Thanks Quotes «
» 124 Quotes