52 Paragraph 2 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 52 Paragraph 2.

Quotes About 52 Paragraph 2

Enjoy collection of 36 52 Paragraph 2 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 52 Paragraph 2. Righ click to see and save pictures of 52 Paragraph 2 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

To have submitted it to the legislative discretion of the States, would have been improper for the same reason; and for the additional reason that it would have rendered too dependent on the State governments that branch of the federal government which ought to be dependent on the people alone. ~ James Madison
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by James Madison
2. As a rule, begin each paragraph with a topic sentence; end it in conformity with the beginning. ~ William Strunk Jr.
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by William Strunk Jr.
Stanley always followed the rules. All sorts of things could go wrong if you didn't.
So far he'd done 1:Upon Discovery of the Fire, Remain Calm.
Now he'd come to 2: Shout 'Fire!' in a Loud, Clear Voice.
'Fire!' he shouted, and then ticked off 2 with his pencil.
Next was: 3: Endeavour to Extinguish Fire If Possible.
Stanley went to the door and opened it. Flames and smoke billowed in. He stared at them for a moment, shook his head, and shut the door.
Paragraph 4 said: If Trapped by Fire, Endeavour to Escape. Do Not Open Doors If Warm. Do Not Use Stairs If Burning. If No Exit Presents Itself Remain Calm and Await a) Rescue or b) Death. ~ Terry Pratchett
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Terry Pratchett
Among all shravakas and pratyekabuddhas, bodhisattvas are the foremost. So is the Lotus Sutra; among all sutras, it is the foremost! Just as the Buddha is the King of the Law; so is the Lotus Sutra, it is the King of all Sutras!
(LS 23:2.16)
Lotus Sutra, Chapter 23, Section 2, Paragraph 16 ~ Gautama Buddha
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Gautama Buddha
The whole of the Targum deserves study as shewing how textual ambiguity or corruption may combine with doctrinal prepossession to modify tradition;
Chapter II, Section 2, Paragraph 1171 ~ Edwin A. Abbott
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Edwin A. Abbott
The two keys to success as a sportswriter are: 1) A blind willingness to believe anything you're told by the coaches, flacks, hustlers and other "official spokesmen" for the team-owners who provide the free booze ... and: 2) A Roget's Thesaurus, in order to avoid using the same verbs and adjectives twice in the same paragraph.
Even a sports editor, for instance, might notice something wrong with a lead that said: "The precision-jack-hammer attack of the Miami Dolphins stomped the balls off the Washington Redskins today by stomping and hammering with one precise jack-thrust after another up the middle, mixed with pinpoint-precision passes into the flat and numerous hammer-jack stomps around both ends ... ~ Hunter S. Thompson
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
The second paragraph of the Declaration that is very much an expression of Jefferson's imagination. It envisions a perfect world, at last bereft of kings, priests, and even government itself. In this never-never land, free individuals interact harmoniously, all forms of political coercion are unnecessary because they have been voluntarily internalized, people pursue their own different versions of happiness without colliding, and some semblance of social equality reigns supreme. As Lincoln recognized, it is an ideal world that can never be reached on this earth, only approached. And each generation had an obligation to move America an increment closer to the full promise, as Lincoln most famously did. The American Dream, then, is the Jeffersonian Dream writ large, embedded in language composed during one of the most crowded and congested moments in American history by an idealistic young man who desperately wished to be somewhere else. ~ Joseph J. Ellis
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Joseph J. Ellis
Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year! ~ David Dweck
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by David Dweck
I spent hours yesterday talking of little but medical symptoms and insane asylums. And you listened as though it were poetry and all but swooned at my feet. It is too bad I don't have any medical treatises about. I'm sure I need read a paragraph or two, and you will become ravenous with lust and begin tearing my clothes off. (Dorian from "The Mad Earl's Bride") ~ Loretta Chase
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Loretta Chase
But you know how it is with fathers and sons. We can't say what we want to say. We think a nod is a paragraph and a sentence is a book, and, in the end, all that's important is left unspoken. ~ Peter Kirby
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Peter Kirby
Start with a word. A word leads to a sentence, which leads to a paragraph, which leads to a chapter, which leads to a manuscript, which leads to a book ... just start with a word! ~ Mark Pettinger
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Mark Pettinger
My experience as a writer is that you really do write seven and eight pages to find the paragraph you were after all along. ~ Anne Lamott
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Anne Lamott
If you rewrite a paragraph fifty times and forty-nine of them are terrible, that's fine; you only need to get it right once. ~ Tana French
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Tana French
You know, there's chronological age, there's biological age, and there's psychological age. Chronological age, there's nothing you can do about, which is I'm 52. You set that number aside. ~ Cheryl Tiegs
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Cheryl Tiegs
I know that if I have been working on one paragraph and I have written it three times, it goes in the bin. Unless it comes straight out, it is wrong, it is awkward, it does not fit. ~ Robert Rankin
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Robert Rankin
It's Nathaniel Hawthorne Month in English. Poor Nathaniel. Does he know what they've done to him? We're reading The Scarlet Letter one sentence at a time, tearing it up and chewing on its bones.
It's all about SYMBOLISM, says Hairwoman. Every word chosen by Nathaniel, every comma, every paragraph break
these were all done on purpose. To get a decent grade in her class, we have to figure out what he was really trying to say. Why couldn't he just say what he meant? Would they pin scarlet letters on his chest? B for blunt, S for straightforward? ~ Laurie Halse Anderson
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Laurie Halse Anderson
I started writing half a paragraph of a mystery novel, half a paragraph there, and they were terrible. ~ Rabih Alameddine
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Rabih Alameddine
I played with 11 Hall of Famers and played against 52 Hall of Famers, and I don't know any of them linked to steroids. ~ Pete Rose
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Pete Rose
Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering."Luke 11:52 ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Lailah Gifty Akita
Right here, in this same headquarters, 52 years ago, the Convention that gave the birth certificate to the war on drugs was approved ~ Juan Manuel Santos
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Juan Manuel Santos
When people start writing there is this idea that you have to get everything right first time, every sentence has to be perfect, every paragraph has to be perfect, every chapter has to be perfect, but what you're doing is not any kind of public show, until you're ready for it. ~ Irvine Welsh
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Irvine Welsh
What had been (at the beginning) no bigger than a full stop had expanded into a comma, a word, a sentence, a paragraph, a chapter; now it was bursting into more complex developments, becoming, one might say, a book - perhaps an encylopaedia - even a whole language ... ~ Salman Rushdie
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Salman Rushdie
I think that if you have a knack for storytelling, and you work really hard at it, you'll have a chance to tap into something deep. But the fact remains that good sentences are hard won. Any writer worth a lick knows constructing a sentence, a paragraph, or a chapter is hard work. ~ Adam Ross
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Adam Ross
At university - when I was supposed to be studying biochemistry - I had tried to write a children's book about a boy and a wolf cub, and there was a paragraph in that which was from the wolf's point of view. ~ Michelle Paver
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Michelle Paver
Never be boring, not for one scene, paragraph, sentence, or word. ~ James V. Smith Jr.
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by James V. Smith Jr.
They left. Among the many dumb rules of paragraphing foisted on students in composition courses is the one that says that a paragraph may not consist of a single sentence. Wilkerson ends a richly descriptive introductory chapter with a paragraph composed of exactly two syllables. The abrupt ending and the expanse of blankness at the bottom of the page mirror the finality of the decision to move and the uncertainty of the life that lay ahead. Good writing finishes strong. ~ Steven Pinker
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Steven Pinker
Grab 'em in the first paragraph, hold 'em until the last period and leave them wanting more! ~ Bobbi Cole Meyer
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Bobbi Cole Meyer
Strokes cause almost twice as many deaths as all accidents combined, but 80% of respondents judged accidental death to be more likely. Tornadoes were seen as more frequent killers than asthma, although the latter cause 20 times more deaths. Death by lightning was judged less likely than death from botulism even though it is 52 times more frequent. Death by disease is 18 times as likely as accidental death, but the two were judged about equally likely. Death by accidents was judged to be more than 300 times more likely than death by diabetes, but the true ratio is 1:4. The lesson is clear: estimates ~ Daniel Kahneman
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Daniel Kahneman
Greta's cedar hope chest
Is full of pamphlets
Glass shelves of romantic vignettes
A journal laced with sedimentary prose
Norma gathers and collects vintage photoplays
Hair combs valentines
Lillian allows the animals to scratch
And the leather crack
And the mail collect in the box as coatings peel
Agnes veiled cathedral dweller
Smiles with benevolent pain

But it's Katrina's fair
Tuesday morning
As she with caution unlatches the flat door
She alone cascades to the basement
Careful not to spoil her
Calico printed pinafore
Composite traits and mannerists
All others dissipate

Marguerite vigilant
She dwells upon frigid casements
Sarah's thoughts in high velocity
Accusations always pierce and pass
Clara abandons her passions for distastes
A Miss Lenora P. Sinclair
Early for coffee in the pool
"I'm resituating all your words"
Capital Space Colon Paragraph

Sylvia keeps beasts in jars labeled by
Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family
Genus
Species

But it's Katrina's fair
Tuesday morning
As she with caution unlatches the flat door
She alone cascades to the basement
Careful not to spoil her
Calico printed pinafore
Composite traits and mannerists
All others dissipate

Down the way a silk design
This face is mine
Tis I, Ka ~ Natalie Merchant
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Natalie Merchant
I think my prose reads as if English were my second language. By the time I get to the end of a paragraph, I'm dodging bullets and gasping for breath. ~ Lynn Abbey
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Lynn Abbey
Life is too short to read books whose cleverness makes them impenetrable. A good book should keep you awake at night, flickering through pages as you promise yourself just one more chapter; they shouldn't put you to sleep as you tackle a paragraph for the fifth time. ~ Kate Morton
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Kate Morton
Annual state spending alone for prison facilities is now estimated at about $52 to $62 billion, the bulk of which is spent building new facilities; operating and maintaining more prisons; providing food and health care for prisoners; and administration and staff salaries and benefits. ~ Christopher Zoukis
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Christopher Zoukis
In just 200 tweets we can assess and identify 52 different personality traits of a customer. We ran an analysis over 500,000 people and we really nailed this. Think of providing this powerful insight to a retailer. We can see what they value, not just what they are buying. We have found a 40-45% increase in sales when you recommend upsales based on values instead of past buying behavior. ~ Sandy Carter
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Sandy Carter
Saying that studying the brain is limited to the study of physical entities would be like saying that literary criticism must focus on paper and bookbinding, ink and its chemistry, page sizes and margin widths, typefaces and paragraph lengths, and so forth. ~ Douglas R. Hofstadter
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Douglas R. Hofstadter
I find that it takes a lot of years of living, and many more of reckoning, to come up with one worthwhile paragraph. And when a deadline looms, prayer doesn't hurt, either. ~ Carmen Agra Deedy
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Carmen Agra Deedy
I've seen you, beauty, and you belong to me now, whoever you are waiting for and if I never see you again, I thought. You belong to me and all Paris belongs to me and I belong to this notebook and this pencil. Then I went back to writing and I entered far into the story and was lost in it. I was writing it now and it was not writing itself and I did not look up nor know anything about the time nor think where I was nor order any more rum St. James. I was tired of rum St. James without thinking about it. Then the story was finished and I was very tired. I read the last paragraph and then I looked up and looked for the girl and she had gone. I hope she's gone with a good man, I thought. But I felt sad. ~ Ernest Hemingway,
52 Paragraph 2 quotes by Ernest Hemingway,
Punctum Quotes «
» 52 Quotes