27 28 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 27 28.

Quotes About 27 28

Enjoy collection of 38 27 28 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 27 28. Righ click to see and save pictures of 27 28 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

He is not actually far from each one of us, for 'in him we live and move and have our being'" (Acts 17:25, 27-28). ~ Gene Edward Veith Jr.
27 28 quotes by Gene Edward Veith Jr.
Some secret of nurture withered a generation or two before I arrived, if it had ever existed before among the poor, marginalized people on the edges of Europe from whom I descend. Both my parents grew up with a deep sense of poverty that was mostly emotional but that they imagined as material long after they clambered into the middle class, and so they were more like a pair of rivalrous older siblings than parents who see their children as extensions of themselves and their hopes. They were stuck in separateness.

I didn't realize anything was odd until I was already on my own and found out that not everyone's parents cut them off financially as soon as the law allowed. I tried to leave home unsuccessfully at fourteen and fifteen and sixteen and did so successfully at seventeen, heading off to another country, as far away as I could go, and once I got there I realized I was more on my own than I had anticipated: I was henceforth entirely repsonsible for myself and thus began a few years of poverty. ~ Rebecca Solnit
27 28 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
Everything is always changing.
"There is a cause-and-effect lawfulness that governs all unfolding experience.
"What I do matters, but I am not in charge. Suffering results from struggling with what is beyond my control. [pp. 27-28] ~ Sylvia Boorstein
27 28 quotes by Sylvia Boorstein
Most people who fall obsessively in love claim that it happens precipitously, unexpectedly [ ... ]
But I believe there's almost always a prerequisite. Falling in love in this way will usually occur at a time of transition. We may not be conscious of it, but something has ended and something new must begin. Romantic obsession is like a cataclysm breaking up the empty landscape. Like a strange exotic plant, it grows in arid soil. (pp. 27-28) ~ Rosemary Sullivan
27 28 quotes by Rosemary Sullivan
And yet the ethos of the Sermon on the Mount, which is not just for the disciples but for everyone in the eschatological people of God, is just as radical, because it demands that one abandon not only evil deeds but every hurtful word directed at a brother or sister in faith (Matt 5:22). It demands regarding someone else's marriage (and of course one's own) as so holy that one may not even look with desire at another's spouse (Matt 5:27-28). It demands that married couples no longer divorce but remain faithful until death (Matt 5:31-32). It commands that there be no twisting and manipulation of language any more but only absolute clarity (Matt 5:37) and that one give to anyone who asks for anything (Matt 5:42). For a man's ~ Gerhard Lohfink
27 28 quotes by Gerhard Lohfink
Christ taught that there was a difference between divine love and human love. Human love depends upon the one who is loved. If you meet my needs, if I find you attractive, and if our personalities are compatible, I will love you. Understandingly, human love changes...
In contrast, divine love depends upon the lover; divine love says I can go on loving you even if you have stopped loving me. Divine love is based on a decision that continues even if the one who is loved changes. Divine love says, "You cannot make me stop loving you."
In this context, read Christ's words: "But i say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you" (Luke 6:27-28). This kind of love even loves enemies. And if we want to know whether such tough love will really be worth the cost, Christ continues, "But love your enemies, and do good , and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and evil" (v.35). Your reward will be great!
So often we pray, "O God, make me godly." We want to be like God. Then God sends a difficult person into our life - perhaps a quarrelsome coworker - and we complain, insisting that He remove the "thorn" from us. But these trials are given to is that we might become "godly".
You have it from Christ Himself. "Your reward shall be great!"
- from "Your Eternal Reward" by Erwin Lutzer ~ Erwin Lutzer
27 28 quotes by Erwin Lutzer
Global warming has already triggered a sea level rise that could reach from 6 metres (19.69 ft) to 25 metres (27.34 yards). ~ James Hansen
27 28 quotes by James Hansen
After living and working in Milan and Paris, I arrived in New York City 20 years ago, and I saw both the joys and the hardships of daily life. On July 28, 2006, I was very proud to become a citizen of the United States - the greatest privilege on planet Earth. ~ Melania Trump
27 28 quotes by Melania Trump
If we say that the Father is the origin of the Son and greater than the Son, we do not suggest any precedence in time or superiority in nature of the Father over the Son (cf. Jn. 14:28)? or superiority in any other respect save causation. And we mean by this, that the Son is begotten of the Father and not the Father of the Son, and that the Father naturally is the cause of the Son. ~ Pope Clement I
27 28 quotes by Pope Clement I
It's the typical mid-life crisis kind of thing, where you just stop and wonder, 'Should I go back to university and get a law degree?' I kind of looked around me and thought, 'What kind of idiot am I that I've just spent the last 10 years writing novels? Financially, I'm pretty much where I was when I was 28.' ~ Lynn Coady
27 28 quotes by Lynn Coady
As a Jew, keeping kosher was tantamount to Peter's very faith and identity, but when following Jesus led him to the homes and tables of Gentiles, Peter had a vision in which God told him not to let rules - even biblical ones - keep him from loving his neighbor. So when Peter was invited to the home of Cornelius, a Roman centurion, he declared: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean" (Acts 10:28). Sometimes the most radical act of Christian obedience is to share a meal with someone new. ~ Rachel Held Evans
27 28 quotes by Rachel Held Evans
The Bible itself has a hundred theologies.

(Karl Barth, January 27, 1959 to English Colloquia in Basel) ~ Raymond Kemp Anderson
27 28 quotes by Raymond Kemp Anderson
Women deserve to have more than 12 years between 28 and 40. ~ James Thurber
27 28 quotes by James Thurber
I had the honor to meet Nelson Mandela, and I heard him explain his forgiveness of his captors of 27 years by saying hatred and bitterness is destructive - the power is in love and forgiveness. ~ Dick Gephardt
27 28 quotes by Dick Gephardt
If you had said to anyone in 1945, at the end of the Second World War with the continent it ruins, that you could have a European Union of 28 member states stretching from Portugal in the West to Estonia in the East, all of them more-or-less liberal democracies - they wouldn't have believed you. ~ Timothy Garton Ash
27 28 quotes by Timothy Garton Ash
Those who believe and their hearts become calm and contented with the remembrance of Allah ... know that it is the remembrance of Allah alone that brings rest to the hearts.
(The Qur'an-surah ar-R'ad;28) ~ Anonymous
27 28 quotes by Anonymous
People called '28 Days' and '28 Weeks' zombie movies, and they're not! It's some sort of virus; they're not dead. ~ George A. Romero
27 28 quotes by George A. Romero
Your old men shall dream dreams
your young men shall see visions. ~ Joel 2.28
27 28 quotes by Joel 2.28
I grew up in western Oregon, just outside Eugene, on 27 wooded acres that served as my playground. ~ Benjamin Percy
27 28 quotes by Benjamin Percy
I just had a baby girl. My daughter weighed 27 pounds. She was 3 years old. She was delivered to me by way of the court system and a blood test. ~ Donnell Rawlings
27 28 quotes by Donnell Rawlings
war was the fault of the 'masters of men, everywhere, who subconsciously thrust others into suffering in order to advance their own powers'.28 ~ Helen Macdonald
27 28 quotes by Helen Macdonald
Last night when I was commenting on the FBI and the CIA, the sound went off for 27 minutes. I should have known better. ~ Jimmy Carter
27 28 quotes by Jimmy Carter
I had the cab driver drive me here backwards, and the dude owed me $27.50. ~ Mitch Hedberg
27 28 quotes by Mitch Hedberg
Dear Dr. Ortiz - Congratulations on your discovery! We found the object, too, about six months ago and have been studying it in detail for the past few months. It has a few interesting properties that you might find interesting. Most interestingly, it has a satellite, and the orbital solution gives a system mass of about 28% of that of the Pluto-Charon system. It's still probably the biggest KBO around but it has a sufficiently high albedo that it is not quite as big or massive as Pluto. I've got a paper describing the satellite that, ironically, I was planning to submit tomorrow. I will forward the paper to you as I submit it. I am sure that I will get inquiries about your new object from different people; is there [or is there going to be] a website describing your survey or your discovery that I can point people to? Again, congratulations on a very nice discovery! ~ Mike Brown
27 28 quotes by Mike Brown
He's very knowledgeable. That's the one advantage that I see in Kobe Bryant's career compared to Michael Jordan. Ten years into Kobe Bryant's career, we're seeing a very polished 27-year-old player who's probably got another seven or eight great years ahead of him. ~ Scottie Pippen
27 28 quotes by Scottie Pippen
Philotheo. I say that the universe is entirely infinite because it hath neither edge, limit, nor surfaces. But I say that the universe is not all-comprehensive infinity because each of the parts thereof that we can examine is finite and each of the innumerable worlds contained therein is finite. I declare God to be completely infinite because he can be associated with no boundary and his every attribute is one and infinite. And I say that God is all-comprehensive infinity because the whole of him pervadeth the whole world and every part thereof comprehensively and to infinity. That is unlike the infinity of the universe which is comprehensively in the whole but not comprehensively in those parts which we can distinguish within the whole (if indeed we can use the name parts, since they appertain to an infinite whole). [27] ~ Giordano Bruno
27 28 quotes by Giordano Bruno
If men are paid/praised more than women for the same work than it always pays to allow the man to have more freedom to pour himself into his work - think of athletes, actors over the age of 28, lawyers, accountants, college deans ... ~ Julianna Baggott
27 28 quotes by Julianna Baggott
According to the London-based Anti-Slavery International (ASI), the world's oldest human rights organization, there are at least 27 million people in some form of slavery around the world today. And remarkably, the U.S. contributes enormously to this sad state of the global society. ~ Linda Smith
27 28 quotes by Linda Smith
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. ~ Joseph Smith Jr.
27 28 quotes by Joseph Smith Jr.
I am more than perfect
because I am more than love
Petra Hermans
September 27, 2016 ~ Petra Hermans
27 28 quotes by Petra Hermans
I'm 28, and for the next six or seven years my goal is to try to fight for the yellow jersey. If I can win it once I would be chuffed to bits. ~ Chris Froome
27 28 quotes by Chris Froome
I've had the best history teachers of the world,
you know.
Now, I am the best.
Religious Leader Petra Cecilia Maria Hermans
Religion Of Blue Circle
October 28, 2016 ~ Petra Hermans
27 28 quotes by Petra Hermans
28"Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.* ~ Anonymous
27 28 quotes by Anonymous
I try to anticipate the ball well. That's something that's helped me since when I was a kid. Just learning to anticipate and read the game well. That's helped me. When I moved over to Spain and I was 15 I was playing with big guys who were 22 years to 28 years old and I was 15 so I couldn't beat them with power. I had to beat them with touch shots and variety and anticipation and all of those things. I learned a lot when I was over there. ~ Andy Murray
27 28 quotes by Andy Murray
I had started working in television but it did not pay that much. I was 27, renting this little one-bed flat in Shepherd's Bush, West London, with a bathroom so small only someone of my size could actually get in it. ~ Anthea Turner
27 28 quotes by Anthea Turner
Jethro was the "priest of Midian" and the father-in-law of Moses (Exodus 3:1; 4:18). He was also called "Reuel" (Exodus 2:18) and is described as a Midianite in Numbers 10:29.
The original Midianites were probably descendants of Midian, one of Abraham's sons by Keturah (Genesis 25:1-4). The land where they lived then became known as "Midian" (Exodus 2:15). It is likely that the people who lived in the land of Midian were then all called Midianites, even if they were not descendants of Midian. For example, some descendants of Ishmael appear to be called Midianites (Genesis 37:25,28; Judges 8:24).
We don't know whether Jethro was a descendant of Midian, or whether he had some other ancestry but lived in the land of Midian.
In Judges 1:16, Jethro is described as a "Kenite" but that may not relate directly to his ancestry. The word keni in Aramaic means "smith" and it is thought that the Kenites may have been metal workers. ~ Rob J. Hyndman
27 28 quotes by Rob J. Hyndman
Got 27 children I never see. ~ Tom Waits
27 28 quotes by Tom Waits
As the conditions of our world worsen, Jesus said we shouldn't hang our heads in depression or shake our heads in confusion. We should lift up our heads in expectation, for our redemption draws near (Luke 21:28). After Paul told the Thessalonians about the sudden return of Christ for His people, he said, "Comfort one another with these words" (1 Thessalonians 4:18). ~ David Jeremiah
27 28 quotes by David Jeremiah
268 Quotes «
» Family Relationships Quotes