23 March Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 23 March.

Quotes About 23 March

Enjoy collection of 42 23 March quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 23 March. Righ click to see and save pictures of 23 March quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

It took Read some twenty years of searching to nail the matter down, but thanks to his efforts we now know that OK first appeared in print in the Boston Morning Post on 23 March 1839, as a jocular abbreviation for 'Oll Korrect'. At ~ Bill Bryson
23 March quotes by Bill Bryson
We all recognize grief in moments that should be celebrations; it is the salt in the pudding. Didn't Roman generals hire slaves to march beside them in a triumphant parade and remind them that they too would die? Even your narrator, one morning after what should have been a happy occasion, was found shivering at the end of the bed (spouse: "I really wish you weren't crying right now"). Don't little children, awakened one morning and told, "Now you're five!" - don't they wail at the universe's descent into chaos? The sun slowly dying, the spiral arm spreading, the molecules drifting apart second by second toward our inevitable heat death - shouldn't we all wail to the stars? ~ Andrew Sean Greer
23 March quotes by Andrew Sean Greer
A lost sheep needs a shepherd to find the way; if you don't believe you are a lost sheep then you will always want because you will never find the way. Psalm 23:1. ~ Felix Wantang
23 March quotes by Felix Wantang
The Seven Social Sins are:

Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Knowledge without character.
Commerce without morality.
Science without humanity.
Worship without sacrifice.
Politics without principle.

From a sermon given by Frederick Lewis Donaldson in Westminster Abbey, London, on March 20, 1925. ~ Frederick Lewis Donaldson
23 March quotes by Frederick Lewis Donaldson
March 30, 1998

Because I was in a bind with my BBC story, I devoted most of my day to defrosting the freezer. ~ David Sedaris
23 March quotes by David Sedaris
HIS march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling. ~ Sinclair Lewis
23 March quotes by Sinclair Lewis
My worst job ever, this was when I was a kid, was picking potatoes on the back of a trailer in March. It was freezing, absolutely freezing. We had to sort the good ones from the bad ones. Once you do that for a day in March in the north of England, it makes you think there must be better jobs than this! ~ Ben Miles
23 March quotes by Ben Miles
Perhaps it increased his annoyance that there was a certain unusual liveliness about the usually languid figure of Fisher. The ordinary image of him in March's mind was that of a pallid and bald-browed gentleman, who seemed to be prematurely old as well as prematurely bald. He was remembered as a man who expressed the opinions of a pessimist in the language of a lounger. Even now March could not be certain whether the change was merely a sort of masquerade of sunshine, or that effect of clear colors and clean-cut outlines that is always visible on the parade of a marine resort, relieved against the blue dado of the sea. But Fisher had a flower in his buttonhole, and his friend could have sworn he carried his cane with something almost like the swagger of a fighter. With such clouds gathering over England, the pessimist seemed to be the only man who carried his own sunshine. ~ G.K. Chesterton
23 March quotes by G.K. Chesterton
For the Word created heaven and earth and all things [Ps. 33:6]; the Word must do this thing, and not we poor sinners.

In short, I will preach it, teach it, write it, but I will constrain no man by force, for faith must come freely without compulsion. Take myself as an example. I opposed indulgences and all the papists, but never with force. I simply taught, preached, and wrote God's Word; otherwise I did nothing.

And while I slept [cf. Mark 4:26–29], or drank Wittenberg beer with my friends Philipp and Amsdorf, the Word so greatly weakened the papacy that no prince or emperor ever inflicted such losses upon it. I did nothing; the Word did everything.

The Second Sermon, March 10, 1522, Monday after Invocavit. [Luther, M. (1999, c1959). Vol. 51: Luther's works, vol. 51: Sermons I. (J. J. Pelikan, H. C. Oswald & H. T. Lehmann, Ed.). Luther's Works (51:III-78). Philadelphia: Fortress Press] ~ Martin Luther
23 March quotes by Martin Luther
I was a die-hard, obsessed fan of Michael Jordan. I'd take his posters with me to away meets, I'd walk out on the deck in my Air Jordans before I swam, I'd write 23 on my cap. I'm just a huge Jordan fan. ~ Summer Sanders
23 March quotes by Summer Sanders
It's not just your beauty - you've always had that. It's the way you believe in yourself, the way you make everyone around you believe there is no better place on earth than wherever you are. In the park, in a carriage, at the supper
table, next to you. ~ Ashley March
23 March quotes by Ashley March
The Muslim world in general, the Arab world in particular was confirmed in its grievances, particularly that the West was prepared to use its overwhelming military superiority to keep Muslims subordinate. 'Europe', the Europe of the Franco-German plan to create a federal union strong enough to stand on terms of equality with the United States as a world power, had been humiliated by the failure of its efforts to avert the war. Liberal opinion, dominant throughout the European media and academia, strong also in their American equivalents, was outraged by the spectacle of raw military force supplanting reason and legality as the means by which relations between states were ordered.

Reality is an uncomfortable companion, particularly to people of good will. George H.W. Bush's proclamation of a new world order had persuaded too many in the West that the world's future could be managed within a legal framework, by discussion and conciliation. The warning uttered by his son that the United States was determined to bring other enemies of nuclear and regional stability to book - Iran, North Korea - was founded by his political opponents profoundly unsettling. The reality of the Iraq campaign of March - April 2003 is, however, a better guide to what needs to be done to secure the safety of our world than any amount of law-making or treaty-writing can offer. ~ John Keegan
23 March quotes by John Keegan
Further march of civilization seems to employ increasing domination of man over beast, together with a growingly humane method of using them. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
23 March quotes by Mahatma Gandhi
On dispersive ground, therefore, fight not. On facile ground, halt not. On contentious ground, attack not. On open ground, do not try to block the enemy's way. On the ground of intersecting highways, join hands with your allies. On serious ground, gather in plunder. In difficult ground, keep steadily on the march. On hemmed-in ground, resort to stratagem. On desperate ground, fight. ~ Sun Tzu
23 March quotes by Sun Tzu
The day I was born, March 1, 1994, Celine Dion was solid at #1 with 'The Power of Love.' Not a bad start to your life. ~ Justin Bieber
23 March quotes by Justin Bieber
Set we forward; let
A Roman and a British ensign wave
Friendly together. So through Lud's town march,
And in the temple of the great Jupiter
Our peace we'll ratify, seal it with feasts.
Set on there! Never was a war did cease,
Ere bloody hands were washed, with such a peace. ~ William Shakespeare
23 March quotes by William Shakespeare
Bloomsbury lost Fry, in 1934, and Lytton Strachey before him, in January 1932, to early deaths. The loss of Strachey
was compounded by Carrington's suicide just two months after, in March. Another old friend, Ka Cox, died of a heart attack in 1938. But the death, in 1937, of Woolf 's nephew Julian, in the Spanish Civil War, was perhaps the
bitterest blow. Vanessa found her sister her only comfort: 'I couldn't get on at all if it weren't for you' (VWB2 203). Julian, a radical thinker and aspiring writer, campaigned all his life against war, but he had to be dissuaded by his
family from joining the International Brigade to fight Franco. Instead he worked as an ambulance driver, a role that did not prevent his death from shrapnel wounds. Woolf 's Three Guineas, she wrote to his mother, was
written 'as an argument with him ~ Jane Goldman
23 March quotes by Jane Goldman
I guess at the age of 15 was the first time I made a goal of wanting to be on television, and I didn't get a series until I was 23, which was 'The West Wing.' ~ Dule Hill
23 March quotes by Dule Hill
Yet nightly pitch my moving tent, a day's march nearer home. ~ James Montgomery
23 March quotes by James Montgomery
Any apparent somewhere which you may inhabit is always at the mercy of a ruthless and omnivorous everywhere. ~ E. E. Cummings
23 March quotes by E. E. Cummings
You must learn to accept that humans make mistakes, but when the same issue is repeated over and over without corrective strategies to plug the holes, then you must expect negative impact on your definition of success. It is normal to make a mistake, but learn, face the consequences, get back up and march on. If you want to be different or stand out as a brand, then your actions, habits, behaviours and decisions must reflect that 'you care about what people think or say about you. ~ Archibald Marwizi
23 March quotes by Archibald Marwizi
And in the Highlands finding the prize less rewarding than the chase, growing into manhood on a copper crown throne, wrestling with the mundane from plague to famine, building an economy like a swordsman builds muscle, recruiting, training, and for what? To have some preordained emperor trample it beneath his heel on his march to the Gilden Gate. I ~ Mark Lawrence
23 March quotes by Mark Lawrence
Wrangling the cat into the cage proved interesting, and Josie had several scratches before Clint bent down and let out a menacing growl. The cat took one look at him and with a disdainful sniff, turned to march into the cage. ~ Eve Langlais
23 March quotes by Eve Langlais
She soon learned that to survive atrocity is to be made an honorary consul to a republic of pain. There existed unspoken protocols governing how she was expected to suffer. Total breakdown, a failure to grieve graciously, was a violation of those rules. But so was the absence of suffering, so was outright forgiveness.What she and others like her were allowed was a kind of passive bereavement, the right to pose for newspaper photographs holding framed pictures of their dead relations in their hands, the right to march in boisterous but toothless parades, the right to call for an end to bloodshed as though bloodshed were some pest or vagrant who could be evicted or run out of town. As long as she adhered to those rules, moved within those margins, she remained worthy of grand, public sympathy. ~ Omar El Akkad
23 March quotes by Omar El Akkad
For nine more nights they trained, after an arduous day's march, Vaelin would try to turn a poet into a swordsman. ~ Anthony Ryan
23 March quotes by Anthony Ryan
I'm 23 right now and I feel like I'm still trying to figure it out. Maybe in another two years, I'll have it all together. So maybe 25 is the age at which a woman feels her most beautiful just because she's survived her teenage years and early twenties. ~ Chanel Iman
23 March quotes by Chanel Iman
All I want is to make her feel the same storm that's raging inside me. I want her to feel this addiction. Fuck. I want to keep her. ~ Meghan March
23 March quotes by Meghan March
The first two movies I directed failed, when I was 21 and 23, and that was the greatest thing that could have happened. ~ M. Night Shyamalan
23 March quotes by M. Night Shyamalan
On 4 March, Yuriy Kravchenko was found dead in his dacha. Official verdict: suicide. In spite of the fact that Kravchenko was killed by two bullets in his head. ~ Andrey Kurkov
23 March quotes by Andrey Kurkov
I think that kind of urgency is what makes this stage of the climate movement really different from what it was even a few years ago when it was much more of the professionalized NGOs lobbying behind closed doors and maybe having a march now and then. ~ Avi Lewis
23 March quotes by Avi Lewis
I was born. When I was 23 I started telling jokes. Then I started going on television and doing films. That's still what I am doing. The end. ~ Steven Wright
23 March quotes by Steven Wright
Every pioneer and musician who could carry a musket went into the ranks. Even the sick and foot-sore, who could not keep up in the march, came up as soon as they could find their regiments, and took their places in line of battle, while it was battle, indeed. ~ Joshua Chamberlain
23 March quotes by Joshua Chamberlain
It has been a long march to equality. We have cracked the door, and opened the window. ~ Donna Brazile
23 March quotes by Donna Brazile
I'm the oldest of six children and I had my own first baby when I was 23. So I've always been interested in babies, and I had lots of opportunities to watch them. ~ Alison Gopnik
23 March quotes by Alison Gopnik
The debates of that great assembly are frequently vague and perplexed, seeming to be dragged rather than to march, to the intended goal. Something of this sort must, I think, always happen in public democratic assemblies. ~ Alexis De Tocqueville
23 March quotes by Alexis De Tocqueville
We must adjust our emotive outlook before drowning in bitterness and choking on despair. We must periodically weed out pangs of disenchantment and scour disillusionment from our hearts in order to console and replenish the depleted resolve of our spirit. Finding ourselves crippled by physical injury, weakened by illness, or left stranded in a vulnerable emotional condition brought on by grief, disappointment, and other physiological or psychological crisis, we must each examine our values and update our mythological mental maps in order to generate a source of stirred concentrate steeling a rejuvenated march onward. Perhaps our sources of revitalizing energy will stem from gaining a new perspective on ancient challenges, by establishing new hopes and dreams, or by delving a lofty purpose behind our efforts. Alternatively, perhaps we only develop the resolve to resume our scrupulous assault on the important issues of life by orchestrating a fundamental transformation of the self, a complete restructuring of our values and goals. ~ Kilroy J. Oldster
23 March quotes by Kilroy J. Oldster
My friends, how desperately we need to be loved and to love. With it we are creative. With it we march tirelessly. With it, and with it alone, we are able to sacrifice for others. ~ Chief Dan George
23 March quotes by Chief Dan George
The terrorists are fighting freedom with all their cunning and cruelty because freedom is their greatest fear - and they should be afraid, because freedom is on the march. ~ George W. Bush
23 March quotes by George W. Bush
Mrs. O'Dowd, the good housewife, arrayed in curl papers and a camisole, felt that her duty was to act, and not to sleep, at this juncture. "Time enough for that," she said, "when Mick's gone"; and so she packed his travelling valise ready for the march, brushed his cloak, his cap, and other warlike habiliments, set them out in order for him; and stowed away in the cloak pockets a light package of portable refreshments, and a wicker-covered flask or pocket-pistol, containing near a pint of a remarkably sound Cognac brandy, of which she and the Major approved very much; ... Mrs. O'Dowd woke up her Major, and had as comfortable a cup of coffee prepared for him as any made that morning in Brussels. And who is there will deny that this worthy lady's preparations betokened affection as much as the fits of tears and hysterics by which more sensitive females exhibited their love, and that their partaking of this coffee, which they drank together while the bugles were sounding the turn-out and the drums beating in the various quarters of the town, was not more useful and to the purpose than the outpouring of any mere sentiment could be? The consequence was, that the Major appeared on parade quite trim, fresh, and alert, his well-shaved rosy countenance, as he sate on horseback, giving cheerfulness and confidence to the whole corps. All the officers saluted her when the regiment marched by the balcony on which this brave woman stood, and waved them a cheer as they passed; and I daresay ~ William Makepeace Thackeray
23 March quotes by William Makepeace Thackeray
I want to hate him. Everything about him. He shouldn't make me want to climb him like a mountain to plant a flag at the top saying RIPLEY WAS HERE. No way. No how. ~ Meghan March
Proverbs 1:20-23 20 Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square. 21 She calls to the crowds along the main street, to those gathered in front of the city gate: 22 How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge? 23 Come and listen to my counsel. I'll share my heart with you and make you wise. ~ Anonymous
23 March quotes by Anonymous
I decide to throw it out there in the open. "Do you like this? Being the center of attention?"
"When I've got the most beautiful woman in this room across from me? What's not to like?"
I should scoff at the line. It's not light years away from the ones he has been using on me since first year, but for some reason, it feels different. More intimate. It doesn't put my back up the way it did before. "I'm sure you say that to all the girls," I joke.
"No. I don't. ~ Meghan March
Freysen Attorneys Quotes «
» Thirty Five Thousandths Quotes