2001 Monolith Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2001 Monolith.

Quotes About 2001 Monolith

Enjoy collection of 39 2001 Monolith quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2001 Monolith. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2001 Monolith quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I will say that the God concept is at the heart of 2001 but not any traditional, anthromorphic image of God. I don't believe in any of Earth's monotheistic religions, but I do believe that one can construct an intriguing scientific definition of God, once you accept the fact that there are approximately 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone, that each star is a life-giving sun and that there are approximately 100 billion galaxies in just the visible universe. ~ Stanley Kubrick
2001 Monolith quotes by Stanley Kubrick
If we are true small 'l' liberals, it's our job to seek out feminist Muslims, ex-Muslims, liberal Muslims, dissenting voices within Muslim communities, gay Muslims - we should promote those voices and in doing so, we demonstrate Islam is not a monolith, Muslims are not homogenous, and that Muslims are truly internally diverse. ~ Maajid Nawaz
2001 Monolith quotes by Maajid Nawaz
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance. Huge. We now have a country that can be told blatant lies
easily checkable, blatant lies
and I'm not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men
15 of them are Saudis
and five minutes later the whole country thinks they're from Iraq
how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O. J. Simpson jurors. ~ Fran Lebowitz
2001 Monolith quotes by Fran Lebowitz
There is a timelessness about sport. Like music and art, it is a quality that cuts across generations and nations. It provides a link between Australians of succeeding generations whether urging on a Donald Bradman or cheering and rejoicing in the America's Cup victory. Call it the spirit, the soul of sport - it will be in 2001 the same as it was in 1901. ~ Greg Hartung
2001 Monolith quotes by Greg Hartung
Shock, confusion, fear, anger, grief, and defiance. On Sept. 11, 2001, and for the three days following the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil, President George W. Bush led with raw emotion that reflected the public's whipsawing stages of acceptance. ~ Ron Fournier
2001 Monolith quotes by Ron Fournier
It is very clear from the historical record that without British help neither Wahhabism nor the House of Saud would be in existence today. Wahhabism is a British-inspired fundamentalist movement in Islam. Through its defense of the House of Saud, the US also supports Wahhabism directly and indirectly regardless of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Wahhabism is violent, right wing, ultra-conservative, rigid, extremist, reactionary, sexist, and intolerant ... ~ Andre Vltchek
2001 Monolith quotes by Andre Vltchek
We know that in 2001 it was believed 78 stem cell lines existed. But now we know there are only 22 that are viable, and they have been contaminated with mouse stem cells. ~ Russ Carnahan
2001 Monolith quotes by Russ Carnahan
mandate was sweeping.The law directed us to investigate "facts and circumstances relating to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001," including those relating ~ Anonymous
2001 Monolith quotes by Anonymous
Hey, the ubiquitous Leak-Cam is to 2010 as the bottom-of-the-screen news ticker was to late 2001: What you're seeing beneath the news anchor or talking head may not actually include any new information, but you feel like you're watching something dramatic. ~ Jim Geraghty
2001 Monolith quotes by Jim Geraghty
Remember back then we thought about al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan and a few other places? well, we've seen al Qaeda metastasize. It is now a global scourge. And you have the ascendancy of ISIL. The combination of those two groups
their appeal to the lone wolfs and we see them acting in Belgium and in France and in Canada and the United States so the threat factors and the nature of the threats are far more complicated and far more serious today than on September 12, 2001. ~ Tom Ridge
2001 Monolith quotes by Tom Ridge
The trouble is that the average trader on Wall Street, he or she is so young, he doesn't even remember the recession of 2001, let alone the previous one. ~ Nouriel Roubini
2001 Monolith quotes by Nouriel Roubini
In the Philippines, Gloria Arroyo is the daughter of Diosdado Macapagal - but his term ended in 1965, and she was elected in 2001. Hardly a hand-off. ~ Elliott Abrams
2001 Monolith quotes by Elliott Abrams
George W. Bush's legacy will always be defined by the events of September
11, 2001, which provided him with something of a delayed mandate.
Without 9/11, there would have been no unconstitutional Patriot Act, no
Homeland Security Department, no decade-long occupation of Iraq and
Afghanistan, and no open-ended "war on terror." As such, it is important to
look closely at exactly what really happened on 9/11/2001. ~ Donald Jeffries
2001 Monolith quotes by Donald Jeffries
The Netherlands became the first country ever to legalize marriage equality in 2001. ~ Sarah Prager
2001 Monolith quotes by Sarah Prager
If the events of September 11, 2001, have proven anything, it's that the terrorists can attack us, but they can't take away what makes us American
our freedom, our liberty, our civil rights. No, only Attorney General John Ashcroft can do that. ~ Jon Stewart
2001 Monolith quotes by Jon Stewart
During my work there I came across some very significant issues that I started reporting in December of 2001 to the mid-level management within the FBI. ~ Sibel Edmonds
2001 Monolith quotes by Sibel Edmonds
Themes that are "too large for adult fiction can only be dealt with adequately in a children's book" - Philip Pullman
(Hunt and Lenz, 2001, p. 122 as cited by Hunt, 2005, p. 204) ~ Philip Pullman
2001 Monolith quotes by Philip Pullman
The US Empire received a big boost from the 9/11 attack. Paul O'Neill, George W. Bush's first secretary of the treasury, reported he was shocked that in the very first National Security Council meeting - ten days after Bush's January of 2001 inauguration - the discussion was about when, not if, the US should invade Iraq. We also know that the PATRIOT Act was written a long time before 9/11, when the conditions were not ripe for its passage. Nine-eleven took care of that. The bill quickly passed in the US House and Senate with minimal debate and understanding. Bush signed the bill into law on October 26, 2001, a mere 45 days after the attack. Making use of a crisis is established policy. ~ Ron Paul
2001 Monolith quotes by Ron Paul
Standing beneath the white light of an Apple store is like standing on a Stanley Kubrick movie set. His '2001: A Space Odyssey' predicted Jobs and a future where technology was our friend. Kubrick, of course, didn't like what he saw. And occasionally, I have my doubts. ~ Wesley Morris
2001 Monolith quotes by Wesley Morris
On January 27, 2001, the focus of my career and the process of changing the desires of my heart all began. It was no longer about me but rather how I could impact others for the Kingdom. I officially was in the people business. That philosophy, combined with a warrior mentality, I believe, has endeared me to being labeled a positive clubhouse influence. ~ Tony Clark
2001 Monolith quotes by Tony Clark
'Rent' was a special project for me. It was my first notable screenplay job. I worked with two wonderful directors on it, starting with Spike Lee in the summer of 2001. I wrote a draft for Spike and he was really good to me. ~ Stephen Chbosky
2001 Monolith quotes by Stephen Chbosky
Three thousand jurisdictions across the U.S. are estimated to have had gang activity in 2001. In 2002, 32% of cities with a population of 25 to 50 thousand reported a gang-related homicide. ~ Bob Filner
2001 Monolith quotes by Bob Filner
I have faith, as I did when I announced my stem-cell decision in 2001, that science and ethics can coexist. ~ George W. Bush
2001 Monolith quotes by George W. Bush
God healed everything in my life from a non-curable disease, bad programming from child sexual abuse, father and mother wounds, bitterness, hatred, rage, rejection, nightmares from the sex industry, sleep disorder, early cervical cancer in 2001, post traumatic stress disorder, alcoholism, mental disorders, and more. God also restored my marriage and relationships with my extended family. Even my mother-in-law loved me now! ~ Shelley Lubben
2001 Monolith quotes by Shelley Lubben
We have something really exciting for you today, said Steve Jobs on October, 23, 2001, at a special press event on Apple's campus. Jobs had asked only a few dozen journalists to a product unveiling. ~ Leander Kahney
2001 Monolith quotes by Leander Kahney
On September 11, 2001, we thought we were going to be attacked many, many times between then and now. We haven't been. I believe we had a president who made the right decision at the right time ... to put us on offense against terrorists. ~ Rudy Giuliani
2001 Monolith quotes by Rudy Giuliani
The relativists' stance is extremely condescending: it treats a complex society as a monolith, obscures the conflicts within it, and takes its most obscurantist factions as spokespeople for the whole. ~ Alan Sokal
2001 Monolith quotes by Alan Sokal
I had left the music industry at the end of 2001, after 10 years, and had spent three years writing every single day - producing two unpublished novels, one abandoned novel, and three unproduced screenplays. The word 'no' and I were on more than nodding terms. The word 'no' and I were talking about going on holiday together. ~ John Niven
2001 Monolith quotes by John Niven
The IT bubble is the IT bubble, and of course, we became a company that contracted dramatically in 2001 and 2002: we basically came down by 45,000 people - a dramatic ramp-down. ~ Hans Vestberg
2001 Monolith quotes by Hans Vestberg
Memories were movable, he was discovering. They weren't etched in stone like some monolith testimony to the eons, as he'd once imagined. ~ R. Brady Frost
2001 Monolith quotes by R. Brady Frost
Eisenhower was less deferential to the military than he seemed likely to be, Kennedy was not at all beholden to the pope, George W. Bush was smarter than portrayed and Barack Obama has not led a charge from the left - least of all on behalf of the civil liberties that have eroded since September 11, 2001. ~ David K. Shipler
2001 Monolith quotes by David K. Shipler
The Court, after all, is not a monolith. Transparency resides in parts of the Court, among Justices and staff who believe that letting the sun shine on their institution will make it stronger. ~ Marites Dañguilan Vitug
2001 Monolith quotes by Marites Dañguilan Vitug
Human emotions have deep evolutionary roots, a fact that may explain their complexity and provide tools for clinical practice.
The Nature of Emotions (2001) ~ Robert Plutchik
2001 Monolith quotes by Robert Plutchik
From my conversations with Lance Armstrong and experiences with Lance and the team I am aware that Lance used blood transfusions from 2001 through 2005. ~ George Hincapie
2001 Monolith quotes by George Hincapie
The United States of America, justifiably and proudly, went to war in Afghanistan in early winter of 2001. The United States invaded Iraq on a false premise in the spring of 2003. ~ Mike Barnicle
2001 Monolith quotes by Mike Barnicle
Vast, Polyphemus-like, and loathsome, it darted like a stupendous monster of nightmares to the monolith, about which it flung its gigantic scaly arms, the while it bowed its hideous head and gave vent to certain measured sounds. I think I went mad then. ~ H.P. Lovecraft
2001 Monolith quotes by H.P. Lovecraft
Prior to 2001, hardly any company in North America or Europe would buy from India. ~ Baba Kalyani
2001 Monolith quotes by Baba Kalyani
In 2001, Republicans used reconciliation to pass President Bush's $1.35 trillion tax cut that mainly benefited the wealthy. ~ Bernie Sanders
2001 Monolith quotes by Bernie Sanders
I think "Avatar" is kind of a unique category where people are enjoying the unique theatrical experience even though they may have seen it on the small screen. They want to have that immersive, transportive experience. "2001: A Space Odyssey" played for three years at the Loews cinema in Toronto. I remember that. It just kept playing. People wanted to return to that experience. That may not be the best example because I think "2001" took 25 years to break even. ~ James Cameron
2001 Monolith quotes by James Cameron
Nabatov Tay Quotes «
» Chutima Wallpaper Quotes