99 Invisible Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 99 Invisible.

Quotes About 99 Invisible

Enjoy collection of 45 99 Invisible quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 99 Invisible. Righ click to see and save pictures of 99 Invisible quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Nature should be idealised not copied. ~ Owen Jones Classics
99 Invisible quotes by Owen Jones Classics
And yet I feel I have to ask: if this is all the case, and you are so little and so weak … why is it that I could feel your presence through five inches of wood? Can you tell me, invisible Alissa? Why are you – in silence – stronger and stranger than any woman I've actually met? ~ Charlotte Stein
99 Invisible quotes by Charlotte Stein
The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes. ~ Felix Frankfurter
99 Invisible quotes by Felix Frankfurter
Privacy and pollution are similar problems. Both cause harm that is invisible and pervasive. Both result from exploitation of a resource--whether it is land, water, or information. Both suffer from difficult attribution. It is not easy to identify a single pollutant or a single piece of data that caused harm. Rather, the harm often comes from an accumulation of pollutants, or an assemblage of data. And the harm of both pollution and privacy is collective. No one person bears the burden of all pollution; all of society suffers when the air is dirty and the water undrinkable. Similarly, we all suffer when we live in fear that our data will be used against us by companies trying to exploit us or police officers sweeping us into a lineup. (212-213) ~ Julia Angwin
99 Invisible quotes by Julia Angwin
We are continually overflowing toward those who preceded us, toward our origin, and toward those who seemingly come after us ... It is our task to imprint this temporary, perishable earth into ourselves so deeply, so painfully and passionately, that its essence can rise again "invisibly," inside us. We are the bees of the invisible. We wildly collect the honey of the visible, to store it in the great golden hive of the invisible. ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
99 Invisible quotes by Rainer Maria Rilke
Lord, spit on our eyes that we may see, how to wake up from this tragedy. ~ Bruce Cockburn
99 Invisible quotes by Bruce Cockburn
My lifelong battle to control cabling began at this time. All the cables I have ever owned would stretch to the moon and back. Except they would not be able to because they would fail to connect up with each other. Anyone can write a story in which humans can teleport, travel in time and make themselves invisible A future in which there are cable compatibility standards, that would be real science fiction. ~ Stephen Fry
99 Invisible quotes by Stephen Fry
I hear what you say in what you don't say, you see, because I'm a Helen Keller kind of communicator. Love is just as visible as invisible. ~ Jarod Kintz
99 Invisible quotes by Jarod Kintz
Remember, politicians get votes by promising everything to everyone, always at the expense of some other invisible taxpayers. ~ Ron Paul
99 Invisible quotes by Ron Paul
All European writers are 'slaves of their baptism,' if I may paraphrase Rimbaud; like it or not, their writing carries baggage from an immense and almost frightening tradition; they accept that tradition or they fight against it, it inhabits them, it is their familiar and their succubus. Why write, if everything has, in a way, already been said? Gide observed sardonically that since nobody listened, everything has to be said again, yet a suspicion of guilt and superfluity leads the European intellectual to the most extreme refinements of his trade and tools, the only way to avoid paths too much traveled. Thus the enthusiasm that greets novelties, the uproar when a writer has succeeded in giving substance to a new slice of the invisible; merely recall symbolism, surrealism, the 'nouveau roman': finally something truly new that neither Ronsard, nor Stendahl , nor Proust imagined. For a moment we can put aside our guilt; even the epigones begin too believe they are doing something new. Afterwards, slowly, they begin to feel European again and each writer still has his albatross around his neck. ~ Julio Cortazar
99 Invisible quotes by Julio Cortazar
A dream is not to be taken lightly. A dream is a powerful ally, coming to your aid. A magic tale, written in invisible ink. A golden thread, tying together the worlds. ~ Thomas Lloyd Qualls
99 Invisible quotes by Thomas Lloyd Qualls
The way to get to the top of the heap in terms of developing original research is to be a fool, because only fools keep trying. You have idea number 1, you get excited, and it flops. Then you have idea number 2, you get excited, and it flops. Then you have idea number 99, you get excited, and it flops. Only a fool would be excited by the 100th idea, but it might take 100 ideas before one really pays off. Unless you're foolish enough to be continually excited, you won't have the motivation, you won't have the energy to carry it through. God rewards fools. ~ Martin Hellman
99 Invisible quotes by Martin Hellman
For Christians, whose largest investment is in the invisible, imagination is indispensable. ~ Eugene H. Peterson
99 Invisible quotes by Eugene H. Peterson
The James Bond movies and the comic books had it all wrong. You did not need elaborate contraptions, complicated plans, and futuristic doomsday weapons to wipe out of all of humankind. All you needed was a fully realized vision and an intense focus. All you needed to do is give a little push to what was already happening; what was inevitable.
All you had to do is get one group of people who believe in an invisible man in the sky to get really pissed off at another group of people who believe in a slightly different version of the same invisible man in the sky. ~ James J. Caterino
99 Invisible quotes by James J. Caterino
Apparently nothing will ever teach these people that the other 99 percent of the population exist. ~ George Orwell
99 Invisible quotes by George Orwell
In these gaudy times, we think we will shortly reach the point where everything is known, but the fact is we are ignoring the essential, which is love of all living things, of all beauty both visible and hidden. ~ Georges Rouault
99 Invisible quotes by Georges Rouault
Black-and-white chickens stagger around Colonial Dunsboros, chickens with their heads flattened. Here are chickens with no wings or only one leg. There are chickens with no legs, swimming with just their ragged wings through the barnyard mud. Blind chickens without eyes. Without beaks. Born that way. Defective. Born with their little chicken brains already scrambled. There's an invisible line between science and sadism, but here it's made visible. ~ Chuck Palahniuk
99 Invisible quotes by Chuck Palahniuk
Language is material to shape and mold, not only a transparent or invisible medium for communication, business contracts, or telling stories. ~ Kenneth Goldsmith
99 Invisible quotes by Kenneth Goldsmith
The Quest of the Dragon-gold, the main theme of the actual tale of The Hobbit, is to the general cycle quite peripheral and incidental – connected with it mainly through Dwarf-history, which is nowhere central to these tales, though often important. But in the course of the Quest, the Hobbit becomes possessed by seeming 'accident' of a 'magic ring', the chief and only immediately obvious power of which is to make its wearer invisible. Though for this tale an accident, unforeseen and having no place in any plan for the quest, it proves an essential to success. On return the Hobbit, enlarged in vision and wisdom, if unchanged in idiom, retains the ring as a personal secret. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
99 Invisible quotes by J.R.R. Tolkien
Vision is seeing the invisible. ~ Jonathan Swift
99 Invisible quotes by Jonathan Swift
I'm always looking for silhouettes that seem 'invisible' to the eye, as in that it's so well-tailored to your body that you won't even notice what you're wearing. It needs to be dramatic in a subtle way. ~ Lykke Li
99 Invisible quotes by Lykke Li
There comes a time when you swim or sink so I jumped in the drink 'cause I couldn't make myself clear. Maybe I wrote in invisible ink, oh I've tried to think how I could've made it appear. ~ Aimee Mann
99 Invisible quotes by Aimee Mann
You can disappear inside of yourself and become an empty shell with depression in mind. It's that feeling of being invisible. Sometimes when I wake up I don't feel like my head is attached to my body - there's nothing. ~ Elena Tonra
99 Invisible quotes by Elena Tonra
A lot hinges on the fact that, in most circumstances, people are not allowed to hit you with a mallet. They put up all kinds of visible and invisible signs that say, 'Do not do this' in the hope that it'll work, but if it doesn't, then they shrug, because there is, really, no real mallet at all. ~ Terry Pratchett
99 Invisible quotes by Terry Pratchett
You're too good for this world, and because of that the world will eventually crush you. ~ Paul Auster
99 Invisible quotes by Paul Auster
The ultimate concept car will move so fast, even at rest, as to be invisible. ~ J.G. Ballard
99 Invisible quotes by J.G. Ballard
You can't be invisible being Asian. You can't say "Hi, I'm white!" ~ Arthur Dong
99 Invisible quotes by Arthur Dong
But Quinn held the fuzzy handcuffs in his hands, looking them over closely, and he smiled. Oh, hey, did you want to keep these for when your invisible boyfriend returns from his fake vacation? ~ Laura Anderson Kurk
99 Invisible quotes by Laura Anderson Kurk
White-crested waves crash on the shore. The masts sway violently, every which way. In the gray sky the gulls are circling like white flakes. Rain squalls blow past like gray slanting sails, and blue gaps open in the sky. The air brightens.
A cold silvery evening. The moon is overhead, and down below, in the water; and all around it-a wide frame of old, hammered, scaly silver. Etched on the silver-silent black fishing boats, tiny black needles of masts, little black men casting invisible lines into the silver. And the only sounds are the occasional plashing of an oar, the creaking of an oarlock, the springlike leap and flip-flop of a fish. ("The North") ~ Yevgeny Zamyatin
99 Invisible quotes by Yevgeny Zamyatin
Humans lived for several million years as fully wild beings: only in the last 10, 000 did we invent agriculture; only in the last couple of centuries did we invent industry. We are a species that has spent 99 per cent of its history as hunter-gatherers. We haven't had time for our unconscious minds and our unconscious needs to have changed. If you like, our souls have not changed, and this is true whether or not we believe that we have them. ~ Simon Barnes
99 Invisible quotes by Simon Barnes
White privilege works by making the advantages white people have invisible while making the supposedly 'poor' choices of people of color hypervisible. ~ Brittney Cooper
99 Invisible quotes by Brittney Cooper
Everybody I've ever worked with - 99.9 percent of the time, I've had a successful or very agreeable experience with. ~ Alec Baldwin
99 Invisible quotes by Alec Baldwin
Back then death was invisible for children like me, who went outside, running fearlessly along those fantastical streets, safe from history. The night of the earthquake was the first time I realized that everything could come tumbling down. Now I think it's a good thing to know. It's necessary to remember it every second. ~ Alejandro Zambra
99 Invisible quotes by Alejandro Zambra
One's whole being vibrates like strings brushed by an invisible wind. ~ Peter Russell
99 Invisible quotes by Peter Russell
If you are not spending all of your waking life in discontent, worry, anxiety, depression, despair, or consumed by other negative states; if you are able to enjoy simple things like listening to the sound of the rain or the wind; if you can see the beauty of clouds moving across the sky or be alone at times without feeling lonely or needing the mental stimulus of entertainment; if you find yourself treating a complete stranger with heartfelt kindness without wanting anything from him or her... it means that a space has opened up, no matter how briefly, in the otherwise incessant stream of thinking that is the human mind. When this happens, there is a sense of well-being, of alive peace, even though it may be subtle. The intensity will vary from a perhaps barely noticeable background sense of contentment to what the ancient sages of India called ananda - the bliss of Being. Because you have been conditioned to pay attention only to form, you are probably not aware of it except indirectly. For example, there is a common element in the ability to see beauty, to appreciate simple things, to enjoy your own company, or to relate to other people with loving kindness. This common element is a sense of contentment, peace, and aliveness that is the invisible background without which these experiences would not be possible.

Whenever there is beauty, kindness, the recognition of the goodness of simple things in your life, look for the background to that experience within yours ~ Eckhart Tolle
99 Invisible quotes by Eckhart Tolle
What separates me from my present is like a fine mist, an intangible veil, an invisible wall. They don't put up the slightest resistance. Nothing would shatter if I were to walk through it. Because there is actually nothing at all between me and the world. A single step would be enough. Why didn't I take it long ago? ~ Pascal Mercier
99 Invisible quotes by Pascal Mercier
I really am a believer that 99.99% of all the stories we need, not only as artists but as human beings, not only as writers but as readers, haven't been written yet. Certainly haven't been published yet. ~ Junot Diaz
99 Invisible quotes by Junot Diaz
To these same myths, I take it, belong all those fairy stories of which Beauty and the Beast is the type. Here, a maiden noted as a rule for her amiability and gentleness is served each day by invisible hands, and at night receives her lover, in the form of a handsome prince. By the ordinary light of day, he is a monster, appalling to behold, or, in some of the stories, he is invisible; but night and the marriage couch cause him to materialize in his true shape. Finally, her family and friends--themselves quite outsiders as to these experiences--work upon her feelings and make her believe that this union is evil (in occult parlance, it would be termed diabolical) and she breaks off her connection with him. In the end, true love triumphs, and the lovers are reunited under happier auspices--that is, in the fairy story; in actual life, it too often happens that Beauty and the Beast are permanently separated by meddling outsiders who ignorantly assume that everything which they cannot understand comes from the Devil. ~ Ida Craddock
99 Invisible quotes by Ida Craddock
Leader and followers are both following the invisible leader - the common purpose. The best executives put this common purpose clearly before their group. While leadership depends on depth of conviction and the power coming therefrom there must also be the ability to share that conviction with others, the ability to make purpose articulate. And then that common purpose becomes the leader. ~ Mary Parker Follett
99 Invisible quotes by Mary Parker Follett
The nice thing about twitter is the architecture of visibility. Email is invisible unless you reach out to someone directly. With Twitter, anyone can follow you and this is one of the big changes that was really introduced by Flickr, was this wonderful idea that you can follow somebody without their permission. Recognizing that relationships are asymmetrical, unlike facebook where we have to acknowledge each other otherwise we can't see each other. ~ Tim O'Reilly
99 Invisible quotes by Tim O'Reilly
There were no houses, no palace, no constructions of any sort; it was rather an immense sea, though the waters were invisible and the shore had disappeared. In this city, seated far from all things, sad last dream lost among the shadows, while the day faded and sobbing rose gently in the perspective of a strange horizon, Anne, like something which could not be represented, no longer a human being but simply a being, marvelously a being, among the mayflies and the falling suns, with the agonizing atoms, doomed species, wounded illnesses, ascended the course of waters where obscure origins floundered. She alas had no means of knowing where she arrived, but when the prolonged echoes of this enormous night were melting together into a dreary and vague unconsciousness, searching and wailing a wail which was like the tragic destruction of something nonliving, empty entities awoke and, like monsters constantly exchanging their absence of shape for other absences of shape and taming silence by terrible reminiscences of silence, they went out in a mysterious agony. ~ Maurice Blanchot
99 Invisible quotes by Maurice Blanchot
Do you not feel', said the Doctor in his very soft but still crisp-edged voice, 'that invisible presences have more reality than visible ones? They exert more influence upon us. They make us cry more easily. ~ Angela Carter
99 Invisible quotes by Angela Carter
In our desire to please everyone, it's very easy to end up being invisible or mediocre. ~ Seth Godin
99 Invisible quotes by Seth Godin
Writers should be proud of the fact that they can do something that 99% of the public will never be able to do. You'll hear many, many people say to you, 'I think I'd like to write a book one day'. They won't. Because they haven't. ~ Stevyn Colgan
99 Invisible quotes by Stevyn Colgan
That's what Archie did - built a house nobody could anticipate a need for, except himself, a house that was invisible to everyone else. ~ Robert Cormier
99 Invisible quotes by Robert Cormier
Vampires Quotes «
» Ornament Quotes