747 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 747.

Quotes About 747

Enjoy collection of 32 747 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 747. Righ click to see and save pictures of 747 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

747, its extravagant charter fee donated by Shi'a businessmen, ~ B. Hesse Pflingger
747 quotes by B. Hesse Pflingger
Gratitude is what we radiate when we experience grace, and the soul was made to run on grace the way a 747 runs on rocket fuel. ~ John Ortberg
747 quotes by John Ortberg
We are all pirates at heart. There is not one of us who hasn't had a little larceny in his soul. And which one of us wouldn't soar if God had thought there was merit in the idea? So, when we see one of those great widespread pirates soaring across the grain of sea winds we thrill, and we long, and, if we are honest, we curse that we must be men every day. Why not one day a bird! There's an idea, now, one day out of seven a pirate in the sky. What puny power a man can attain by comparison. Compare a 747 with a bird and blush! ~ Roger Caras
747 quotes by Roger Caras
The Boeing 747 is the commuter train of the global village. ~ Hendrik Tennekes
747 quotes by Hendrik Tennekes
The question is, you know, will someone accidentally build a robot that takes over from us? And that's sort of like this lone guy in the backyard, you know - 'I accidentally built a 747.' I don't think that's going to happen. ~ Rodney Brooks
747 quotes by Rodney Brooks
British astronomer Fred Hoyle said something to this effect: That believing in Darwin's theoretical mechanisms of evolution was like believing that a hurricane could blow through a junkyard and build a Boeing 747 ~ Kurt Vonnegut
747 quotes by Kurt Vonnegut
Some people can do one thing magnificently, like Michelangelo, and others make things like semiconductors or build 747 airplanes
that type of work requires legions of people. In order to do things well, that can't be done by one person, you must find extraordinary people. ~ Steve Jobs
747 quotes by Steve Jobs
Back in the late 1970's, when I was fifteen years old, I spent every penny I then had in the bank to fly across the continent in a 747 jet to Brandon, Manitoba, deep in the Canadian prairies, to witness a total eclipse of the sun. ~ Douglas Coupland
747 quotes by Douglas Coupland
The '7500' is with Leslie Bibb. It's a big ensemble with a lot of really good people. I play the pilot of the 747 that something happens on as it crosses the Pacific. It's going to do what 'Jaws' did to the ocean. Not make people want to get on! ~ Johnathon Schaech
747 quotes by Johnathon Schaech
I was on a 747 flight out of Denver with four flight attendants on the plane. One of the flight attendants got off the plane to go check someone's carry-on bag in the cargo hold, and while she was gone, the door closed and we began to taxi out. While we were giving the demo, we looked out the window of the airplane to see the flight attendant running alongside the plane in the snow, waving and yelling and trying to catch up to us. 'Did you notice that we're missing someone?' I said to the other flight attendant. 'Yes, but try to keep it low-key - there's a supervisor on board!' Well, it's hard to keep it low-key when someone is running alongside your plane, waving and screaming. The plane stopped and the air stairs went down so she could get on board, and my co-worker said, 'Tell her to try to be inconspicuous when she gets back on.' Well, she had to walk the entire length of the plane to get back to her station, and everybody on board broke into applause. ~ Betty N. Thesky
747 quotes by Betty N. Thesky
However statistically improbable the entity you seek to explain by invoking a designer, the designer himself has got to be at least as improbable. God is the Ultimate Boeing 747. ~ Richard Dawkins
747 quotes by Richard Dawkins
If you pull a rope and some duct tape out of those saddlebags, I'm going to freak.
Jeana E. Mann. Intoxicated (Kindle Locations 746-747). ~ Jeana E. Mann
747 quotes by Jeana E. Mann
Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, dead at 53. Over Barcelona today, the famed reindeer was hit by a flock of seagulls and a 747. Eyewitnesses report, that the reindeer in Spain was hit mainly by the plane. ~ Colin Mochrie
747 quotes by Colin Mochrie
And here come the Left Brothers - Al "747" Sharpton and Jesse "DC 10" Jackson - barreling in for a landing on top of Goodell's dome. And this time every black person with an ounce of common sense and self-respect is riding shotgun with Jesse and Al, who have justifiably voiced their displeasure with Limbaugh's ownership bid. ~ Jason Whitlock
747 quotes by Jason Whitlock
The UFO was bouncing around the 747. It was a huge ball with lights running around it ... Well, I've been involved in a lot of cover-ups with the FAA. When we gave the presentation to the Reagan staff, they had all those people swear that this never happened. But they never had me swear it never happened. I can tell you what I've seen with my own eyes. I've got a videotape. I've got the voice tape. I've got the reports that were filed that will confirm what I've been telling you. ~ John Callaghan
747 quotes by John Callaghan
To get the man off her back, she finally looked out of her window. She thought she would find patchwork farmlands, but they were already above the suburban sprawl that surrounded the city. It was twilight - the sky was full of color, but she didn't look up. She could only look to the ground, where streetlights were already beginning to come on. To Lindsay, it looked like a grid of computer chips, stretching out for miles and miles. So many people, she thought. Lindsay could count on a single hand the people who really cared about her. And now, outside her 747 window, was a brutal reminder of how many people didn't. ~ Neal Shusterman
747 quotes by Neal Shusterman
When you're asked to fly a 747 you better at least be able to fly a Piper cub. ~ Edward James Olmos
747 quotes by Edward James Olmos
The way Moore's Law occurs in computing is really unprecedented in other walks of life. If the Boeing 747 obeyed Moore's Law, it would travel a million miles an hour, it would be shrunken down in size, and a trip to New York would cost about five dollars. Those enormous changes just aren't part of our everyday experience. ~ Nathan Myhrvold
747 quotes by Nathan Myhrvold
Nothing goes to windward like a 747. ~ Tracee Ellis Ross
747 quotes by Tracee Ellis Ross
Will someone please explain to me the logic that says we can trust someone with a Boeing 747 in bad weather but not with a Glock 9 millimeter? ~ Zell Miller
747 quotes by Zell Miller
The way everyone looked at me made me uncomfortable. Even Edward. It was like I had grown a hundred feet during the course of the morning. I tried to ignore the impressed looks, mostly keeping my eyes on Nessie's sleeping face and Jacob's unchanged expression. I would always be just Bella to him, and that was a relief. Bella Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 39, p.747 ~ Stephenie Meyer
747 quotes by Stephenie Meyer
747s always reminded me of a fat, ugly old lady in the neighborhood where I used to live. Huge sagging breasts, swollen legs, dried-up neckline. ~ Haruki Murakami
747 quotes by Haruki Murakami
It's
my God
like you stretched a tarp across a stadium to turn it into a giant tom-tom and crashed a 747 into it. ~ Neal Stephenson
747 quotes by Neal Stephenson
You don't get married to get sex. Getting married to get sex is like buying a 747 to get free peanuts. ~ Jeff Foxworthy
747 quotes by Jeff Foxworthy
The sex act is emotionally the richest and the most imaginatively charged event in our lives, comparable only to the embrace of our children as a source of affection and mystery. But no kinaesthetic language has yet been devised to describe it in detail, and without one we are in the position of an unqualified observer viewing an operation for brain surgery. Ballet, gymnastics, American football and judo are furnished with elaborate kinaesthetic languages, but it's still easier to describe the tango or the cockpit take-off procedures for a 747 than to recount in detail an act of love. ~ J.G. Ballard
747 quotes by J.G. Ballard
Her eyes beamed over the top of the cup like Peterbilt high beams coming over a hillcrest, full moon rising over a mountain lake with its reflected partner, 747 landing lights coming down onto a runway. ~ Dennis Vickers
747 quotes by Dennis Vickers
I'd hear guys bragging about their new Gulfstream IV or IV-SP, and then I'd get to say, "That's great, guys. Let me talk about my 747 . . ." It was a great conversation stopper. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
747 quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
And ever since then [I] have set up businesses basically out of frustration. I mean, I set up Virgin Atlantic with one second-hand 747 because I hated the experience of flying on other people's airlines. And I thought, you know, I could try to create the kind of airline that I'd like to fly on. And people liked it. ~ Richard Branson
747 quotes by Richard Branson
The sinner is not the one who uses a lot of grace ... The saint burns grace like a 747 burns fuel on take off. ~ Dallas Willard
747 quotes by Dallas Willard
German in the most extravagantly ugly language - it sounds like someone using a sick bag on a 747. ~ Willie Rushton
747 quotes by Willie Rushton
I know all about baggage, sweetheart. I have enough of it to fill up a 747 and then some. ~ K. Bromberg
747 quotes by K. Bromberg
I believe that there are 15,747,724,136,275,02,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. ~ Arthur Stanley Eddington
747 quotes by Arthur Stanley Eddington
Seventies Quotes «
» Airplane Quotes