7 Deadly Sins Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 7 Deadly Sins.

Quotes About 7 Deadly Sins

Enjoy collection of 41 7 Deadly Sins quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 7 Deadly Sins. Righ click to see and save pictures of 7 Deadly Sins quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I mean something dirty, sweaty," Luiz corrected idly, leaning closer. He stroked the back of his knuckles down Michael's cheek. "What I like best. Rock, blues, with an edge of metal. Something dangerous. Real. The audience driven to ... well, in the old days it would have been bloodlust. But these are more temperate times. So lust will have to do. ~ Jae T. Jaggart
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Jae T. Jaggart
CARROTS AND STICKS: The Seven Deadly Flaws 1. They can extinguish intrinsic motivation. 2. They can diminish performance. 3. They can crush creativity. 4. They can crowd out good behavior. 5. They can encourage cheating, shortcuts, and unethical behavior. 6. They can become addictive. 7. They can foster short-term thinking. ~ Daniel H. Pink
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Daniel H. Pink
This book will prove the following ten facts:
1. A Goon is a being who melts into the foreground and sticks there.
2. Pigs have wings, making them hard to catch.
3. All power corrupts, but we need electricity.
4. When an irresistible force meets an immovable object, the result is a family fight.
5. Music does not always sooth the troubled beast.
6. An Englishman's home is his castle.
7. The female of the species is more deadly than the male.
8. One black eye deserves another.
9. Space is the final frontier, and so is the sewage farm.
10. It pays to increase your word power. ~ Diana Wynne Jones
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Diana Wynne Jones
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, and rose again, and that's my belief. I still don't know what 'Christian' means. I'm a follower of Christ, but I keep making a whole bunch of mistakes. And I thank God for forgiveness. ~ Sherri Shepherd
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Sherri Shepherd
History, lie of our lives, mire of our loins. Our sins, our souls. Hiss-tih-ree: the tip of the pen taking a trip of three steps (with one glide) down the chronicle to trap a slick, sibilant character. Hiss. (Ss.) Tih. Ree.
He was a pig, a plain pig, in the morning, standing five feet ten on one hoof. He was a pig in slacks. He was a pig in school. He was a pig on the dotted line. But in my eyes it's always the ones signing dotted lines that become pigs.
Did this pig have a precursor? He did, indeed he did. In point of fact, dating all the way back to the Biblical Age. Oh where? About everywhere you look there's pigs giving that fancy ol' snake a chase. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can always count on a fuckin' pretentious sarcastican for a fancy prose style. ~ Brian Celio
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Brian Celio
It is a doctrine, as I believe, taught us in Holy Writ, that when a man is saved by divine grace, he is not wholly cleansed from the corruption of his heart. When we believe in Jesus Christ all our sins are pardoned; yet the power of sin, albeit that it is weakened and kept under by the dominion of the new-born nature which God doth infuse into our souls, doth not cease, but still tarrieth in us, and will do so to our dying day. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Charles Haddon Spurgeon
Then I knelt heedfully upright and mentally prayed as we'd been instructed to do, some scared and scientific part of me assaying myself for chemical reactions or a sudden infusion of wisdom while fancying Christ now sitting dismally in my scoundrel soul, my oh so many sins pooling like sewer water at his sandaled feet. But soon I saw that I was still me; there would be no howls of objection, no immediate correction or condemnation, no hint that I was under new management, just the calming sense that whoever I was was fine with Jesus.

It was a grace I hadn't imagined. ~ Ron Hansen
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Ron Hansen
Achievement is not last, disappointment is not deadly: It is the mettle to proceed with that matters. ~ Winston Churchill
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Winston Churchill
Because I think sins are things people individually carry, a burden that we ourselves make for our own fair share. Our sins become heavier the better our wisdom and common sense, and the greater our happiness. ~ Kinoko Nasu
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Kinoko Nasu
By the supernatural miracle of God's grace I stand justified, not because I am sorry for my sin, not because I have repented, but because of what Jesus has done. ~ Oswald Chambers
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Oswald Chambers
But there was also a notable decline in many quarters of the world of jingoist rhetoric and puerile self-congratulatory nationalism. There was a sense of the human species, billions of tiny beings spread over the world, collectively presented with an unprecedented opportunity, or even a grave common danger. To many, it seemed absurd for the contending nation states to continue their deadly quarrels when faced with a nonhuman civilization of vastly greater capabilities. There was a whiff of hope in the air. ~ Carl Sagan
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Carl Sagan
Annunciation

Salvation to all that will is nigh;
That All, which always is all everywhere,
Which cannot sin, and yet all sins must bear,
Which cannot die, yet cannot choose but die,
Lo, faithful virgin, yields Himself to lie
In prison, in thy womb; and though He there
Can take no sin, nor thou give, yet He will wear,
Taken from thence, flesh, which death's force may try.
Ere by the spheres time was created, thou
Wast in His mind, who is thy Son and Brother;
Whom thou conceivst, conceived; yea thou art now
Thy Maker's maker, and thy Father's mother;
Thou hast light in dark, and shuts in little room,
Immensity cloistered in thy dear womb. ~ John Donne
7 Deadly Sins quotes by John Donne
Luxury is more deadly than any foe. ~ Juvenal
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Juvenal
Forgive a wrong done you by your neighbor; Then your sins will be pardoned when you pray. ~ Anonymous
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Anonymous
8The LORD is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 9He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever. 10He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. ~ John F. MacArthur Jr.
7 Deadly Sins quotes by John F. MacArthur Jr.
Our trouble is that we do not hate our sins enough. ~ Anonymous
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Anonymous
Faultfinders will not be able to humble themselves to repent of their own sins because they are too busy looking at the sins of others. ~ Greg Gordon
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Greg Gordon
I think we have to face right in the center of the hurricane, if you will, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s foibles and faults. I think that we do no good to ourselves and do no honor to him by pretending that he did not fail, that he did not wrestle greatly and, at times, surrender to his own sins and his own faults and failures. ~ Michael Eric Dyson
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Michael Eric Dyson
I think he was just doing his best, getting along by going along with my mother, whose piety and evangelical fever had preoccupied her family since the last century. She knew no other world - God the Tyrant and supplicant humanity crawling on its belly to be forgiven for sins they never knew they'd committed. 'It's no sense defying the LORD,' she told me. 'He's got all the coons up one tree. ~ Thomas McGuane
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Thomas McGuane
Other men's sins are before our eyes; our own are behind our backs. ~ Seneca The Younger
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Seneca The Younger
The soul sins therefore because, while aiming at good, it makes mistakes about the good, because it is not primary essence. And we see many things done by the Gods to prevent it from making mistakes and to heal it when it has made them. Arts and sciences, curses and prayers, sacrifices and initiations, laws and constitutions, judgments and punishments, all came into existence for the sake of preventing souls from sinning; and when they are gone forth from the body, Gods and spirits of purification cleanse them of their sins. ~ Sallust
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Sallust
Sins become more subtle as you grow older: you commit sins of despair rather than of lust. ~ Piers Paul Read
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Piers Paul Read
If every time the blood is poured out it is poured out for the remission of sins, I ought to receive it always, that my sins may always be forgiven me. ~ Ambrose
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Ambrose
A cry went up from the witches, save for the Thirteen - ­who stayed cool and quiet. They did not need to cheer, for they ­were immortal and infinite and gloriously, wonderfully deadly. ~ Sarah J. Maas
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Sarah J. Maas
Gluttony and Lust are the only sins that abuse something that is essential to our survival. ~ Henry Fairlie
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Henry Fairlie
Something inside me bleeds for her. It's a nasty cut in the heart, a slow, deadly leak. ~ Karina Halle
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Karina Halle
You know what politique is? It is the French word for a lie. Kdoub! Politique! When you hear the French say: our politique, you know they mean: our lies. And when you hear the Moslems, the Friends of Independence, say: our politique, you know they mean: our lies. All lies are sins. And so, which displeases Allah more, a lie told by a Nazarene, who doesn't know the true faith from the false, or a lie told by a Moslem, who does? ~ Paul Bowles
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Paul Bowles
He was so easygoing, she forgot he could be deadly. And startling as his anger was, it gave her another key to understanding him. ~ Suzanne Enoch
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Suzanne Enoch
If it's a slip or even a fall in your deen (religion), don't let shaytan (satan) deceive you. Let the slip make you witness His mercy in a more experiential and deep way. And then seek that mercy to save you from your sins and your own transgression against yourself. ~ Yasmin Mogahed
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Yasmin Mogahed
It was God's love which knew that men were incapable of obeying His law, and it was His love which promised a Redeemer, a Savior, who would save His people from their sins. ~ Billy Graham
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Billy Graham
All schools have their skeletons. St Oswald's is no exception. Most of the time, we try our best to keep them in the closet. But this time, the only recourse we have is to throw open all the closets, light as many bulbs as we can and catch the vermin as it comes out. ~ Joanne Harris
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Joanne Harris
Sins cut boldly up through every class in society, but mere misdemeanours show a certain level in life. ~ Elizabeth Bowen
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Elizabeth Bowen
Religious laws, in all the major religious traditions, have both a letter and a spirit. As I understand the words and example of Jesus, the spirit of the law is all-important whereas the letter, while useful ... becomes lifeless and deadly without it. In accord with this distinction a yearning to worship on wilderness ridges or beside rivers rather than in churches could legitimately be called evangelical ... if your words or deeds harmonize with the example of Jesus, you are evangelical in spirit whether you claim to be or not. When the non-Christian Ambrose Bierce wrote, "War is the means by which Americans learn geography," his words are aimed at the same antiwar end as "Blessed are the peacemakers. ~ David James Duncan
7 Deadly Sins quotes by David James Duncan
The payment for sins can be delayed. But they can't be avoided. ~ Shawn Ryan
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Shawn Ryan
I love the psychological thriller piece of it. Because we are trapped in this isolated environment with a deadly virus, what's really interesting is that everyone's darkness comes out because we've got these life-and-death stakes going on. And then, there're these interesting relationships going on, but we can't quite deal with the relationship right now because we've got something better to do, which is survive. ~ Kyra Zagorsky
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Kyra Zagorsky
What shall be said, then, of those who insist upon ignoring the question of slavery as not involved in this deadly feud, and maintain that the only issue is, the support of the government and the preservation of the Union? Surely, they are "fools and blind"; for it is slaveholders alone who have conspired to seize the one, and overturn the other. As long as the enslavement of a single human being is sanctioned in the land, the curse of God will rest upon it. ~ William Lloyd Garrison
7 Deadly Sins quotes by William Lloyd Garrison
Whoever had said that appearances were deceiving was only partially right; they could also be deadly. ~ Julie McElwain
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Julie McElwain
Let God and all his creation teach you what your sins are. ~ Johannes Tauler
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Johannes Tauler
I don't confess in my work because to me, that implies that you're dumping all your guilt and sins on the page and asking the reader to forgive you. ~ Meghan Daum
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Meghan Daum
I dont like any of them, because they don't read the books. In Kiss Me Deadly my story is better than his story. Anthony Quinn played in The Lond Wait and he didn't read the book either. ~ Mickey Spillane
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Mickey Spillane
You think one man's death forgives a world of sins? How naive can you be? My edicts require people to be good to each other. To obey the laws that I sent to Moses. Everybody breaks those laws every day. That's millions upon millions of sins every day. Why would I send my son, no matter how weak I think he was, to be killed for people who are not worthy of my respect? ~ Dylan Callens
7 Deadly Sins quotes by Dylan Callens
Week Quotes «
» 7 Eleven Quotes