156 Inches Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 156 Inches.

Quotes About 156 Inches

Enjoy collection of 44 156 Inches quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 156 Inches. Righ click to see and save pictures of 156 Inches quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Any particular animal?" "Jenny Green-Teeth. A water-dwelling monster with big teeth and claws and eyes like soup plates," said Tiffany. "What size of soup plates? Do you mean big soup plates, a whole full-portion bowl with maybe some biscuits, possibly even a bread roll, or do you mean the little cup you might get if, for example, you just ordered soup and a salad?" "The size of soup plates that are eight inches across," said Tiffany, who'd never ordered soup and a salad anywhere in her life. "I checked. ~ Terry Pratchett
156 Inches quotes by Terry Pratchett
James was a good twenty years old and several inches taller - it shouldn't have been a fight at all. But ~ S.M. Reine
156 Inches quotes by S.M. Reine
He would use a bit of string this time, and at the critical moment, when the old fool was leaning over the chair at an angle of forty-five, and trying to reach a point three inches beyond what was possible for him to reach, the string would slip, and down he would slide on to the piano, a really fine musical effect being produced by the suddenness with which his head and body struck all the notes at the same time. And Aunt Maria would say that she would not allow the children to stand round and hear such language. ~ Jerome K. Jerome
156 Inches quotes by Jerome K. Jerome
The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears. ~ James Mattis
156 Inches quotes by James Mattis
After all these years, his best friend is malaria.
Even on the brink of an Alaska summer, it comes calling: a bone-deep chill one night, a ministry of sweat the next. Calling him back to old battles. ~ Louis Bayard
156 Inches quotes by Louis Bayard
Exhibit 6.2 Cost of $1,000 in Monthly Lifetime Annuity Income, Starting at Age 65 Year Male Female 2004 $157,432 $167,818 2005 $157,255 $167,817 2006 $151,700 $161,363 2007 $151,524 $160,966 2008 $147,953 $155,843 2009 $156,500 $165,502 2010 $170,116 $178,410 2011 $174,828 $182,952 2012 $187,008 $195,216 2013 $183,728 $191,571 Average $163,804 $172,746 Source: CANNEX Financial Exchanges for non-COLA-adjusted qualified annuity income with a 10-year guarantee for California. ~ Moshe A. Milevsky
156 Inches quotes by Moshe A. Milevsky
There was definitely something to be said for grown men dressed in nice suits instead of hoodlums in baggy jeans with three inches of underwear showing. ~ Giuliana Rancic
156 Inches quotes by Giuliana Rancic
He leaves less than a foot of space between us and I'm 10 inches away from spontaneous combustion. ~ Tahereh Mafi
156 Inches quotes by Tahereh Mafi
Bodybuilding has been the tool that single-handedly taught a little black boy from the projects to use his mind to achieve success. it taught me to see things for what they can be. I had 17-inch arms; I imagined them to be 24 inches. The power of my mind allowed me to achieve what I imagined. ~ Kai Greene
156 Inches quotes by Kai Greene
Sometimes I consider chopping my hair down to a nice manageable three inches, but I would miss it too much. It's less useful and more confidence-boosting, like Superman's cape. ~ Melissa F. Olson
156 Inches quotes by Melissa F. Olson
Take the word for it of a man who has made his way inch by inch, and does not believe that we'll wake up to find our work done because we've lain all night a-dreaming of it; anything worth doing is devilish hard to do! ~ Henry James
156 Inches quotes by Henry James
Well, the cat is flourishing and gets more spoiled and more beautiful every day. His whiskers measure, from tip to tip, including his mouth and nose, of course, ten inches, pure white whale bone. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
156 Inches quotes by Elizabeth Bishop
His gaze lingered on her mouth, wide and sweet. A sudden hunger to kiss her made him draw Maggie close. He pressed his mouth against hers, softly, a gently caress, not a searing kiss, for he didn't want to frighten her away.
Her hand on his arm tightened.
Caleb ran his tongue smoothly over her lips until she opened to him, making a small sound. He wanted to plunge his tongue into her mouth and deepen the kiss, to pull her against him and slide his hands over her curves, but he knew that brute of a husband had hurt her. This was only supposed to be a light flirtation, so he held back and waited for her to lead.
Maggie pulled back a few inches. Her eyes fluttered open, dark and luminous, the gold flecks sparkling in the sun. She swallowed and moistened her lips. She studied his face. Her generous mouth trembled, and then her lips turned up. "Why did you kiss me?
"Because I enjoyed your enjoyment in our drive today. I know how seldom pleasures come your way, and I was glad to give you the experience. Because I lack appreciation of my blessings..." 'Because you are mine.'
Caleb didn't want to delve deeper inside himself to find his true feelings, so he resorted to some light banter. He touched the tip of her nose with one finger. "This is the month of May. A man is supposed to steal kisses in May. ~ Debra Holland
156 Inches quotes by Debra Holland
When I was young I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything I used to think 'How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?' ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
156 Inches quotes by Leonardo DiCaprio
Most men hate to shop. That's why the men's department is usually on the first floor of a department store, two inches from the door. ~ John Wayne
156 Inches quotes by John Wayne
Her dreams felt so far out of reach. She'd faced one of them tonight, faced him in four-inch heels. But four-inch heels didn't make her any younger. She couldn't click her four-inch heels together and find her true way home. Four inches didn't bring her any closer to happiness. Four inches didn't erase the past. ~ Jill Barnett
156 Inches quotes by Jill Barnett
Oskar's lips are only a few inches away. "But I'm not scared of you."
The corner of his mouth curves up, and then he brushes his lips over mine. They're cool and soft and it's over way too soon. We stare at each other. "Can I do that again?" he whispers ... ~ Sarah Fine
156 Inches quotes by Sarah Fine
Scared of storms?"
She jumped. The voice had come from behind her, and she forced her hands to her sides, ready to feign nonchalance. "No," she lied, starting to turn. "I'm just - "
Face-to-face with hotness.
Her tongue stumbled for a minute. She'd seen the Merrick twins around school, of course. But catching a glimpse down the hall wasn't the same as being six inches away from one of them, getting an eyeful of the way his long-sleeve tee clung to muscled shoulders, or of the faint shadow of stubble along his jaw, or the depth of blue in his eyes.
Eyes that studied her a little too closely just now, a spark of amusement there. ~ Brigid Kemmerer
156 Inches quotes by Brigid Kemmerer
I'm still the King of the East, you're still married to me, and the world's still at war. Good and evil have little to do with it." Now I lean forward, until there are only inches between our faces. "They have everything to do with it. So which are you?" He leans forward, closing the last of the distance between us, and just as his lips meet mine, he says, "Both. ~ Laura Thalassa
156 Inches quotes by Laura Thalassa
There was a few seconds' pause. Then Amit said: I meant, what were you thinking just now.

When? said Lata.

When you were looking at Pran and Savita. Over the pudding.

Oh.

Well, what?

I can't remember, said Lata with a smile.

Amit laughed.

Why are you laughing? asked Lata

I like making you feel uncomfortable, I suppose.

Oh. Why?

--Or happy--or puzzled--just to see your change of mood. It's such fun. I pity you!

Why? said Lata, startled.

Because you'll never know what a pleasure it is to be in your company.

Do stop talking like that, said Lata. Ma will come in any minute.

You're quite right. In that case: Will you marry me?

Lata dropped her cup. It fell to the floor and broke. She looked at the broken pieces--luckily, it has been empty--and then at Amit.

Quick! said Amit. Before they come running to see what's happened. Say yes.

Lata had knelt down; she was gathering he bits of the cup together and placing them on the delicately patterned blue-and-gold saucer.

Amit joined her on the floor. Her face was only a few inches away from his, but her mind appeared to be somewhere else. he wanted to kiss her but he sensed that there was no question of it. One by one she picked up the shards of china.

Was it a family heirloom? asked Amit.

What? I'm sorry--said Lata, snap ~ Vikram Seth
156 Inches quotes by Vikram Seth
He stepped forward and took the butterfly hanging around my neck between his two fingers: "This will remind me, both of my mistake and how much I care for you." He took another step closer so we were only inches apart, and his hand moved to the back of my shoulder where Shawn's mark still
scarred my skin. "And I hope this will never heal. It will remind me to never take anything for granted; other people's intentions, your safety, or ... you. ~ Terra Harmony
156 Inches quotes by Terra Harmony
He ignored that and sat on her towel at her feet. She could see her reflection in his sunglasses as he stared at her. What was he doing? Why was he being so familiar? The eighteen years of silence while she was gone, along with the year and a half of a cold shoulder she'd given him since she'd been back should have been more than enough to discourage him from sitting on her towel on the beach, inches away from her bare legs. ~ Sarah Addison Allen
156 Inches quotes by Sarah Addison Allen
RJD was pretty much heavy metal personified, a tiny 5-foot-4-inch sorcerer with a mangy mane, demonic eyes and sly grin, all coupled to a simply huge, operatic voice, a diminutive powerhouse who prowled the stage like a feline elf and who was, it turns out, also finely intelligent and well spoken, an actual gentleman in a genre known all too well for its bombastic, monosyllabic doltbuckets. A rare thing indeed. ~ Mark Morford
156 Inches quotes by Mark Morford
The ground of liberty is to be gained by inches. We must be contented to secure what we can get from time to time and eternally press forward for what is yet to get. It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good. ~ Thomas Jefferson
156 Inches quotes by Thomas Jefferson
If I am anorexic, I'd be in the hospital! I am tall. I am 5 foot 9 inches, 175 cms tall. I am lean, I am active and athletic. There are so many women who are naturally lean, and so am I. I have been like this for the longest time. ~ Anushka Sharma
156 Inches quotes by Anushka Sharma
Duiri Tal, a small lake, lies cradled on the hill above Okhimath, at a height of 8,000 feet. It was a favourite spot of one of Garhwal's earliest British Commissioners, J.H. Batten, whose administration continued for twenty years (1836-56). He wrote: The day I reached there, it was snowing and young trees were laid prostrate under the weight of snow; the lake was frozen over to a depth of about two inches. There was no human habitation, and the place looked a veritable wilderness. The next morning when the sun appeared, the Chaukhamba and many other peaks extending as far as Kedarnath seemed covered with a new quilt of snow, as if close at hand. The whole scene was so exquisite that one could not tire of gazing at it for hours. I think a person who has a subdued settled despair in his mind would all of a sudden feel a kind of bounding and exalting cheerfulness which will be imparted to his frame by the atmosphere of Duiri Tal. This ~ Ruskin Bond
156 Inches quotes by Ruskin Bond
I just wondered where you - " Ron broke off, shrugging. "Nothing. I'm going back to bed."
"Just thought you'd come nosing around, did you?" Harry shouted. He knew that Ron had no idea what he'd walked in on, knew he hadn't done it on purpose, but he didn't care - at this moment he hated everything about Ron, right down to the several inches of bare ankle showing beneath his pajama trousers. ~ J.K. Rowling
156 Inches quotes by J.K. Rowling
He bit down, welding his teeth together as he tried to explain. "I didn't want you to see... my world. I never wanted you to see where I came from. And I damned sure didn't want you to see me in that place. To see the monster."

How ridiculous and vulnerable he could be over the craziest things. I wanted to kick him. But mostly I wanted to rip off his clothes because that was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen. Reyes walking through smoke and ash, literally made of fire, his body startlingly powerful, his allure breathtaking.

His lids narrowed as he tried to read my emotions. Or maybe he'd already read them and thought he misunderstood. Stepping closer, braced both hands on the wall beside my head. Then he bent until his mouth was inches from mine. "You really are a god," he said, in awe of me when he had no idea the depths of my astonishment, of my awe of him.

"And you really were created in the fires of sin."

"You're repulsed?"

"Oh yes," I said, curling my fingers into the hem of his shirt and coaxing him closer. "Completely. ~ Darynda Jones
156 Inches quotes by Darynda Jones
Sit down." He said It came out angrily. The girl turned him like she couldn't tell weather he was another jerk or what.
"Jesus-Fuck," Park said softly, nodding to the space next to him,
"just sit down."
The girl sat down. She didn't say anything- thank God, she didn't thank him- and she left six inches of space on the seat between them. ~ Rainbow Rowell
156 Inches quotes by Rainbow Rowell
Somehow I think Trophy Wives wear more makeup and less cutlery. But hey, I haven't ever met a Trophy Wife, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they know what I know, that the true way to a man's heart is six inches of metal between his ribs. ~ Laurell K. Hamilton
156 Inches quotes by Laurell K. Hamilton
Trust to a plank, draw precarious breath,
At most seven inches from the jaws of death. ~ Juvenal
156 Inches quotes by Juvenal
When Steve and I die, we are going to be buried in the same cemetery, 60-feet 6-inches apart. ~ Tim McCarver
156 Inches quotes by Tim McCarver
Electronic music right now is in its comfort zone, and it's not moving one inch, ~ Thomas Bangalter
156 Inches quotes by Thomas Bangalter
I was her daughter, but more. I was Karen, Cheryl, Leif. Karen Cheryl Leif. KarenCherylLeif. Our names blurred into one in my mother's mouth all my life. She whispered it and hollered it, hissed it and crooned it. We were her kids, her comrades, the end of her and the beginning. We took turns riding shotgun with her in the car. "Do I love you this much?" she'd ask us, holding her hands six inches apart. "No," we'd say, with sly smiles. "Do I love you this much?" she'd ask again, and on and on and on, each time moving her hands farther apart. But she would never get there, no matter how wide she stretched her arms. The amount that she loved us was beyond her reach. It could not be quantified or contained. It was the ten thousand named things in the Tao Te Ching's universe and then ten thousand more. Her love was full-throated and all-encompassing and unadorned. Every day she blew through her entire reserve. ~ Cheryl Strayed
156 Inches quotes by Cheryl Strayed
I curse him silently for moving my hands as he raises them to study the scars. He kisses them, his lips a fluid brush along sensitive flesh, then places them on his cheeks.
Mouth inches from mine, he whispers, "Forgive me for bringing you into this. There was no other way." His skin is softer than clouds must feel, and the tears gathering around my fingertips are hot and tangible. But are they sincere?
Our breaths swirl between us, and his black eyes swallow me whole. My heart knocks against the bottom of his rib cage. I know what's coming next. I fear it. But it's the surest way to distract him and get the wish. And if it has to happen, I'm going to be the instigator.
Rising up on my toes, I press my mouth to his. He moans, frees my wrists, and sweep-s me into his arms - sealing the teddy bear between us ~ A.G. Howard
156 Inches quotes by A.G. Howard
Useless
Hui Tzu said to Chuang Tzu:
"All your teaching is centred on what has no use."
Chuang Tzu replied:
"If you have no appreciation for what has no use,
You cannot begin to talk about what can be used.
The earth for example, is broad and vast,
But of all this expanse a man uses only a few inches
Upon which he happens to be standing.
Now suppose you suddenly take away
All that he actually is not using,
So that all around his feet a gulf
Yawns, and he stands in the Void
With nowhere solid except under each foot.
How long will he be able to use what he is using?
Hui Tzu said: "It would cease to serve any purpose."
Chuang Tzu concluded:
"This showsThe absolute necessity
Of what has ' no use. ~ Thomas Merton
156 Inches quotes by Thomas Merton
C'mon! Anything over eight inches is strictly for show-and-tell. It's there, but you can't use it. It might look good in a locker room, but let's face it - those extra two inches are leftovers." "Leftovers," Luna gasped, holding her stomach and shrieking with laughter. "Let's hear it for l-leftovers! ~ Linda Howard
156 Inches quotes by Linda Howard
I think many years from now, people will still watch television, though it will probably be 150 inches wide. What will change is the ability to get 'CSI' not only on TV but also on the Internet, even watching it in a foreign country as it's playing in the U.S. ~ Leslie Moonves
156 Inches quotes by Leslie Moonves
I'm Galileo in prison. I'm a supercomputer in a junkyard. I'm being wasted, Irene. This town is killing me by inches, turning my mind to mush. ~ Eva Morgan
156 Inches quotes by Eva Morgan
A driving snow-storm in the night and still raging; five or six inches deep on a level at 7 A.M. All birds are turned into snowbirds. Trees and houses have put on the aspect of winter. The traveller's carriage wheels, the farmer's wagon, are converted into white disks of snow through which the spokes hardly appear. But it is good now to stay in the house and read and write. We do not now go wandering all abroad and dissipated, but the imprisoning storm condenses our thoughts. I can hear the clock tick as not in pleasant weather. My life is enriched. I love to hear the wind howl. I have a fancy for sitting with my book or paper in some mean and apparently unfavorable place, in the kitchen, for instance, where the work is going on, rather a little cold than comfortable. ~ Henry David Thoreau
156 Inches quotes by Henry David Thoreau
I tilt my head slightly to one side, taking in her blue sleeveless dress which ends a few inches above her knees. She looks exquisite. Definitely perfect for dessert.
"I know what I want to eat and it's not lemon cake." I say thickly.
Heat flares up in her eyes and I know the cake has been forgotten.
She wants to be dessert. ~ E.R. Wade
156 Inches quotes by E.R. Wade
You won't often find me in a pair of killer heels: my heel height doesn't rise above two and a half inches, as I would just fall over! ~ Twiggy
156 Inches quotes by Twiggy
Ego gets you inches but it doesn't get you impact. ~ Cameron Sinclair
156 Inches quotes by Cameron Sinclair
He abruptly pulled back, just a few inches, but kept me tightly in his arms. "I'll do what i have to do, Nina. If you want to go away, we'll go. If you need intimacy, I'll make love to you. I'll give up everything I have. I'll give up my family. We can get in the car right now and just drive-- I won't even look back. Just don't ask me to do this. I can't do it. I can't...," he choked. ~ Jamie McGuire
156 Inches quotes by Jamie McGuire
Happy Valentines Day With Quotes «
» Een Depressie Quotes