109 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 109.

Quotes About 109

Enjoy collection of 26 109 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 109. Righ click to see and save pictures of 109 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

feast here awhile, 109 Until our stars that frown lend us a smile. 110 They ~ William Shakespeare
109 quotes by William Shakespeare
According to Howard, "this dialectic between Enlightenment and Counter-Enlightenment, between the individual and the tribe, was to pervade, and to a large extent shape, the history of Europe throughout the nineteenth century, and of the world the century after that."109 ~ Steven Pinker
109 quotes by Steven Pinker
That's what tears are for, after all. A way for the soul to bleed. Pg. 109 ~ Cody McFadyen
109 quotes by Cody McFadyen
What I wanted to preserve was the turbulent gasp in his voice which lingered with me for days afterward and told me that, if I could have him like this in my dreams every night of my life, I'd stake my entire life on dreams and be done with the rest. (p. 109) ~ Andre Aciman
109 quotes by Andre Aciman
Experimental research, however, clearly shows that aluminum adjuvants have a potential to induce serious immunological disorders in humans. In particular, aluminum in adjuvant form carries a risk for autoimmunity, long-term brain inflammation and associated neurological complications […]."[109] ~ James Morcan
109 quotes by James Morcan
On THE DECSIVE DUEL: SPITFIRE VS 109
The epic struggle between the Spitfire and the Messerschmitt 109 upon which so much of western civilization depended in the summer of 1940 has found the ideal biographer in David Isby. I write "biographer" because, like the men who flew these remarkable fighter planes, Isby sees them in almost human terms, transcending the mere mechanical. (Andrew Roberts, Author Of The Storm Of War ) ~ Andrew Roberts
109 quotes by Andrew Roberts
Ish #109 If MapQuest says make a right, go straight. You'll get there quicker. ~ Regina Griffin
109 quotes by Regina Griffin
Autumn"

Again the wind
flakes gold-leaf from the trees
and the painting darkens -
as if a thousand penitents
kissed an icon
till it thinned
back to bare wood,
without diminishment.

The Paris ReviewIssue 109, Winter 1988 ~ Jane Hirshfield
109 quotes by Jane Hirshfield
The Bf 109 is, without doubt, the most satisfying and challenging aircraft that I have ever flown. ~ Mark Hanna
109 quotes by Mark Hanna
Before the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the very word
conspiracy was seldom used by most Americans. The JFK assassination
was the seminal national event in the lives of the Baby Boomer generation.
We've heard all the clichés about the loss of our innocence, and the beginning
of public distrust in our government's leaders, being born with the events
of November 22, 1963, but there's a good deal of truth in that. President
Kennedy tapped into our innate idealism and inspired a great many people,
especially the young, like no president ever had before.
John F. Kennedy was vastly different from most of our elected presidents.
He was the first president to refuse a salary. He never attended a Bilderberg
meeting. He was the first Catholic to sit in the Oval Office, and he almost
certainly wasn't related to numerous other presidents and/or the royal family
of England, as is often the case. He was a genuine war hero, having tugged an
injured man more than three miles using only a life preserver's strap between
his teeth, after the Japanese had destroyed the boat he commanded, PT-109.
This selfless act seems even more courageous when one takes into account
Kennedy's recurring health problems and chronic bad back. He was an
intellectual and an accomplished author who wrote many of his memorable
speeches. He would never have been invited to dance naked with other
powerful men a ~ Donald Jeffries
109 quotes by Donald Jeffries
Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being. (109) ~ Jean-Yves Leloup
109 quotes by Jean-Yves Leloup
August has passed, and yet summer continues by force to grow days. They sprout secretly between the chapters of the year, covertly included between its pages. ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
109 quotes by Jonathan Safran Foer
109. Still never had any friends because I hate everyone for they were so phony. ~ Kurt Cobain
109 quotes by Kurt Cobain
A is for Alibi, my first book, was published in 1982. As it happened the next couple of books took place in June and August of that year. Without meaning to I painted myself into a corner. The other issue was the aging process. I did not want my main character to age one year for every book so I slowed the whole process down. This way I could get through all 26 letters of the alphabet without making her 109 years old in 2015. I might end the series in either 1990 or on New Years Eve 1989. ~ Sue Grafton
109 quotes by Sue Grafton
MONOPOLY. Tesla started with a tiny submarket that it could dominate: the market for high-end electric sports cars. Since the first Roadster rolled off the production line in 2008, Tesla's sold only about 3,000 of them, but at $109,000 apiece that's not trivial. Starting small allowed Tesla to undertake the necessary R&D to build the slightly less expensive Model S, and now Tesla owns the luxury electric sedan market, too. They sold more than 20,000 sedans in 2013 and now Tesla is in prime position to expand to broader markets in the future. ~ Peter Thiel
109 quotes by Peter Thiel
Civilization is an experiment, a very recent way of life in the human career, and it has a habit of walking into what I am calling progress traps. A small village on good land beside a river is a good idea; but when the village grows into a city and paves over the good land, it becomes a bad idea. While prevention might have been easy, a cure may be impossible: a city isn't easily moved. This human inability to foresee
or to watch out for
long-range consequences may be inherent to our kind, shaped by the millions of years when we lived from hand to mouth by hunting and gathering. It may also be little more than a mix of inertia, greed, and foolishness encouraged by the shape of the social pyramid. The concentration of power at the top of large-scale societies gives the elite a vested interest in the status quo; they continue to prosper in darkening times long after the environment and general populace begin to suffer. (109) ~ Ronald Wright
109 quotes by Ronald Wright
None of us alone can save the nation or the world. But each of us can make a positive difference if we commit ourselves to do so. (p. 109) ~ Cornel West
109 quotes by Cornel West
In July 1997, the proposed new Scottish Parliament building in Edinburgh was estimated to cost up to £40 million. By June 1999, the budget for the building was £109 million. In April 2000, legislators imposed a £195 million "cap on costs." By November 2001, they demanded an estimate of "final cost," which was set at £241 million. That estimated final cost rose twice in 2002, ending the year at £294.6 million. It rose three times more in 2003, reaching £375.8 million by June. The building was finally completed in 2004 at an ultimate cost of roughly £431 million. ~ Daniel Kahneman
109 quotes by Daniel Kahneman
The raw-foodist Dr. Norman Walker had two series of six colon cleanses done every year in the second half of his life - he lived to be at least 109 (some say older). I've found that one colonic every four to six months has been effective for me - although I am sure that more would do me good. I always recommend starting with a series of four to six sessions even if you think you do not need it. The primary goal of colon hydrotherapy is to empty the bowels completely in order for the lymph system to drain. The secondary goal is to remove encrusted mucus (which feeds unwanted parasites and poisons the system) from the inner intestinal lining. The third goal is to allow the liver to flush and release. ~ David Wolfe
109 quotes by David Wolfe
There was no lane line, no net, nothin to keep them apart but the well of her will. But that kept losing bricks ~ Neal Shusterman
109 quotes by Neal Shusterman
The reader can test his own psychology by asking himself whether he would consider, in retrospect, the selling at 156 in 1925 and buying back at 109 in 1931 was a satisfactory operation. Some may think that an intelligent investor should have been able to sell out much closer to the high of 381 and to buy back nearer the low of 41. If that is your own view you are probably a speculator at heart and will have trouble keeping to true investment precepts while the market rushes up and down. ~ Benjamin Graham
109 quotes by Benjamin Graham
من قال عليّ ما لم أقل فليتبوأ مقعده من النار
Whoever ascribes to me what I have not said then let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire! (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 3, #109) ~ Anonymous
109 quotes by Anonymous
Depending on their psychic make up, for some people, closing the eyes or being quiet produces anxiety and increases mental agitation. In such situations it is better to undertake the practice of yoga–whether physical yoga or meditation–with other people with whom one is comfortable and at ease. Gradually, as we see more and more clearly their roots, the fears and the imaginings will diminish. Mental distractions are harder to overcome when practicing alone. (109) ~ Ravi Ravindra
109 quotes by Ravi Ravindra
It is in hope, therefore, that a man lives, as the 'son of the resurrection'; it is in hope that the City of God lives, during its pilgrimage on earth, that City which is brought into being by faith in Christ's resurrection. For Abel's name means 'lamentation',109 and the name of Seth, his brother, means 'resurrection'. And so in those two men the death of Christ and his life from among the dead, are prefigured. As ~ Augustine Of Hippo
109 quotes by Augustine Of Hippo
One [project of Teddy Cruz's] is titled Living Rooms at the Border. it takes a piece of land with an unused church zoned for three units and carefully arrays on it twelve affordable housing units, a community center (the converted church), offices for Casa in the church's attic, and a garden that can accommodate street markets and kiosks. 'In a place where current regulation allows only one use,' [Cruz} crows, ' we propose five different uses that support each other. This suggests a model of social sustainability for San Diego, one that conveys density not as bulk but as social choreography.' For both architect and patron, it's an exciting opportunity to prove that breaking the zoning codes can be for the best. Another one of Cruz's core beliefs is that if architects are going to achieve anything of social distinction, they will have to become developers' collaborators or developers themselves, rather than hirelings brought in after a project's parameters are laid out. ~ Rebecca Solnit
109 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
Of course I care. You're my big sister. I may act like a pain in the butt sometimes, but I actually like you. Pissing you off is just a hobby with me. [pp. 109] ~ Shari Maurer
109 quotes by Shari Maurer
Legends Quotes «
» Planning Quotes