1 Percent 99 Percent Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1 Percent 99 Percent.

Quotes About 1 Percent 99 Percent

Enjoy collection of 32 1 Percent 99 Percent quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1 Percent 99 Percent. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1 Percent 99 Percent quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Enforcement isn't about big government or small government. It's about whether government works and who it works for. ~ Elizabeth Warren
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Elizabeth Warren
99% of all problems can be solved by money
and for the other 1% there's alcohol. ~ Quentin R. Bufogle
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Quentin R. Bufogle
At least three further requirements supplement the strategies of environmentalists if we were to create and preserve a less violent world. 1) Every culture must begin to affirm the female future. 2) Species responsibility must be returned to women in every culture. 3) The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately ten percent of the human race. ~ Sally Miller Gearhart
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Sally Miller Gearhart
The truth is that the 143 million orphaned children and the 11 million who starve to death or die from preventable diseases and the 8.5 million who work as child slaves, prostitutes, or under other horrific conditions and the 2.3 million who live with HIV add up to 164.8 million needy children. And though at first glance that looks like a big number, 2.1 billion people on this earth proclaim to be Christians. The truth is that if only 8 percent of the Christians would care for one more child, there would not be any statistics left. ~ Katie J. Davis
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Katie J. Davis
The Soviet Union suffered 65 percent of all Allied military deaths, China 23 percent, Yugoslavia 3 percent, the United States and Britain 2 percent each, France and Poland 1 percent each. About 8 percent of all Germans died, compared with 2 percent of Chinese, 3.44 percent of Dutch people, 6.67 percent of Yugoslavs, 4 percent of Greeks, 1.35 percent of French, 3.78 percent of Japanese, 0.94 percent of British and 0.32 percent of Americans. Within the armed forces, 30.9 percent of Germans conscripted into the Wehrmacht died, ~ Max Hastings
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Max Hastings
Iran's economy is now shrinking by 1 percent a year. Its oil production is down 40 percent. ~ Susan Rice
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Susan Rice
The People's Bank of China (PBOC) said on its website it was lowering its benchmark, one-year lending rate by 25 basis points to 5.1 percent from May 11. It cut the benchmark deposit rate by the same amount to 2.25 percent. China's economy ~ Anonymous
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Anonymous
Place. Less than 1 percent of the area is managed for wildlife habitat protection. Where early travelers saw sharp-tailed grouse, bison, bighorn sheep, grizzly bears, numerous beaver and even wolverines, today they see dust, feral horses, and noxious weeds including cheatgrass, halogeton and Russian thistle. ~ Annie Proulx
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Annie Proulx
The order Chiroptera (the "hand-wing" creatures) encompasses 1,116 species, which amounts to 25 percent of all the recognized species of mammals. To say again: One in every four species of mammal is a bat. Such ~ David Quammen
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by David Quammen
Today, in what Harvey Mansfield calls our "gender-neutral" society," there are no social norms. Eight decades after the Titanic, a German-built ferry en route from Estonia to Sweden sank in the Baltic Sea. Of the 1,051 passengers, only 139 lived to tell the tale. But the distribution of the survivors was very different from that of the Titanic. Women and children first? No female under fifteen or over sixty-five made it. Only 5 percent of all women passengers lived. The bulk of the survivors were young men. Forty-three percent of men aged 20 to 24 made it. ~ Mark Steyn
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Mark Steyn
Each year about 600,000 start-ups are launched. Less than 0.5 percent attract VC. Of Inc. magazine's annual list of the 500 fastest growing companies in the United States assessed over a decade (1997–2007), less than 20 percent of companies were venture backed"
-
"62.4 percent of VC investments were completely lost while 3.1 percent of the investments accounted for 53 percent of the profits for roughly 600 investments ~ Mahendra Ramsinghani
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Mahendra Ramsinghani
Without putting the brakes on out-of-control campaign contributions from individuals and corporations - it will be business as usual, with 1 percent of Americans pulling the strings. ~ Madeleine M. Kunin
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Madeleine M. Kunin
It's really important, obviously, for people to realize that it is a very small percentage, only 1 percent of our total economy, of our total budget, and I think that's important for people to know. But I also know that Americans are very generous and that many, many Americans are proud that their taxpayer dollar has saved lives in Africa through the president's malaria initiative or through PEPFAR, the emergency relief plan for AIDS. ~ Laura Bush
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Laura Bush
In America, the top 1 percent led the country into war and economic devastation, leaving the less fortunate to fight for one and pay for both. ~ Graydon Carter
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Graydon Carter
The upper 1 percent, the people down on Wall Street, the corporate executives, they're the people that control this economy. ~ Michael Moore
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Michael Moore
Recently released government economic statistics covering 2010, the first year of real recovery from the financial collapse of 2008, found that fully 93 percent of additional income gains coming out of the recession went straight into the wallets and purses of the top 1 percent. ~ Eric Alterman
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Eric Alterman
Using data gathered in 2011, the CDC study estimated that across all age groups, 19.3 percent of American women "have been raped in their lifetimes" and that 1.6 percent of American women - nearly two and a half million individuals - "reported that they were raped in the 12 months preceding the survey. ~ Jon Krakauer
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Jon Krakauer
Ethan Nadelmann, one of the leading drug reformers in the United States, had explained: People overdose because [under prohibition] they don't know if the heroin is 1 percent or 40 percent ... Just imagine if every time you picked up a bottle of wine, you didn't know whether it was 8 percent alcohol or 80 percent alcohol [or] if every time you took an aspirin, you didn't know if it was 5 milligrams or 500 milligrams. ~ Johann Hari
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Johann Hari
If you want to achieve just 1 percent dilution, then add only 6 drops of essential oils to an ounce of carrier oils. If you want 2 percent dilution, just add 12 drops of essential oils to an ounce of carrier oils. ~ Lindsey Pylarinos
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Lindsey Pylarinos
I realized I need a certain kind of chemistry and a certain kind of look to be into someone, and like 1 percent of the population has it. ~ Jen Kirkman
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Jen Kirkman
Modern US consumers now get to taste less than 1 percent of the vegetable varieties that were grown here a century ago. Those old-timers now lurk only in backyard gardens and on farms that specialize in direct sales
if they survive at all. Many heirlooms have been lost entirely. ~ Barbara Kingsolver
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Barbara Kingsolver
In a nutshell, individual selection favors what we call sin and group selection favors virtue. The result is the internal conflict of conscience that afflicts all but psychopaths, estimated fortunately to make up only 1 to 4 percent of the population. The products of the opposing two vectors in natural selection are hardwired in our emotions and reasoning, and cannot be erased. Internal conflict is not a personal irregularity but a timeless human quality. No such conflict exists or can exist in an eagle, fox, or spider, for example, whose traits were born solely of individual selection, or a worker ant, whose social traits were shaped entirely by group selection. ~ Edward O. Wilson
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Edward O. Wilson
Over the course of the next twenty-four hours, they would have to collect their belongings and change trains in Jackson, Tennessee, to board the Illinois Central Railroad, the legendary rail system that, for a great portion of the twentieth century, carried upward of a million colored people from the Deep South up the country's central artery, across the Mason-Dixon Line, and into a new world called the Midwest. It carried so many southern blacks north that Chicago would go from 1.8 percent black at the start of the twentieth century to one-third black by the time the flow of people finally began to slow in 1970. Detroit's black population would skyrocket from 1.4 percent to 44 percent during the era of the Migration. ~ Isabel Wilkerson
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Isabel Wilkerson
It has been estimated that even in the absence of net investment, the mere substitution of modern machinery for worn-out equipment in the United States would cause an annual productivity increase of approximately 1.5 percent. ~ Paul A. Baran
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Paul A. Baran
Although the NYPD frequently attempts to justify stop-and-frisk operations in poor communities of color on the grounds that such tactics are necessary to get guns off the streets, less than 1 percent of stops (0.15 percent) resulted in guns being found, and guns were seized less often in stops of African Americans and Latinos than of whites. ~ Michelle Alexander
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Michelle Alexander
The Allied governments, for example, with the British as executors, maintained in place the food blockade of Germany that had been in effect since 1917. A British authority would note that "in the last two years of the war, nearly 800,000 noncombatants died in Germany from starvation or diseases attributed to undernourishment. The biggest mortality was among children between the ages of 5 and 1 5, where the death rate increased by 55 percent. . . a whole generation [the one which had been born and lived during Hitler's rise to power] grew up in an epoch of undernourishment and misery such as we [British] have never in this country experienced."3 A distinguished American authority on United States foreign policy in the first half of the twentieth century, Stanford University professor Thomas A. Bailey, noted that "the Allied slow starvation of Germany's civilian population was quiet, unspectacular, and censored."4 The Englishman Gilbert Murray, writing in 1933, noted that future historians would probably regard the establishment and continuation of the blockade as one of those many acts of almost incredible inhumanity which made World War I conspicuous in history.
-- Hitler: Beyond Evil and Tyranny, p. 122 ~ Russel H.S. Stolfi
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Russel H.S. Stolfi
I had interest in acting. I started as a drama major in college. I got to school and said, "What am I going to do with this?" But I didn't know anybody in the business, and it seemed like - I don't know. I had a teacher who said "Less than 1 percent of you will ever make a living being an actor." That was how we opened the semester. ~ Greg Kinnear
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Greg Kinnear
only 1 percent of children in the United States get the proper RDA levels of the essential nutrients from their diets.1Not only are children not getting proper nutrition for their growing bodies, they are establishing poor eating habits in childhood that usually persist into their adult years. It has amazed me how many of these young teenagers already have full-blown insulin resistance. ~ Ray D. Strand
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Ray D. Strand
Americans pay up to 1,000 percent more to fill their prescriptions than consumers in other countries - that is an alarming statistic. ~ Ken Salazar
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Ken Salazar
One percent improvement in 1,000 things is better than 1,000% improvement in one thing. ~ Tom Peters
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Tom Peters
There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. If, for the sake of argument, 1 million are violent, that's a mere .000625 percent of them. I wonder who among you wants to be judged on such a tiny minority. Further, at 1.6 billion, if all Muslims - or even most Muslims - were violent, the world would already be in flames. Most people simply want to live their lives in peace, with some degree of material comfort. I find it bizarre - and disturbing - that so many Americans imagine that being a Muslim somehow trumps human nature and makes ordinary simple people want to rise up and kill everyone. That takes a special kind of stupid. ~ Dave Champion
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Dave Champion
My experience with novice traders is that they trade three to five times too big. They are taking 5 to 10 percent risks on a trade when they should be taking 1 to 2 percent risks. The emotional burden of trading is substantial; on any given day, I could lose millions of dollars. If you personalize these losses, you can't trade. ~ Bruce Kovner
1 Percent 99 Percent quotes by Bruce Kovner
Wtf Quotes «
» Campaign Contributions Quotes