99 Percent Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 99 Percent.

Quotes About 99 Percent

Enjoy collection of 100 99 Percent quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 99 Percent. Righ click to see and save pictures of 99 Percent quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Half of all broccoli grown commercially in America today is a single variety- Marathon- notable for it's high yield. The overwhelming majority of the chickens raised for meat in America are the same hybrid, the Cornish cross; more than 99 percent of turkeys are the Broad-Breasted Whites. ~ Michael Pollan
99 Percent quotes by Michael Pollan
99.99 percent of all species that have ever lived are no longer with us. ~ Bill Bryson
99 Percent quotes by Bill Bryson
Ironically, if you look at Dianne Feinstein's profile and you look at my profile, I'm the 99 percent. Dianne Feinstein's the one percent. She appeals to one percent. ~ Elizabeth Emken
99 Percent quotes by Elizabeth Emken
Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination. ~ Louise Brooks
99 Percent quotes by Louise Brooks
The transmission of excitation energies between molecules through electromagnetic coupling is not a mere matter of speculation."2 These energies flow through water channels inside the body since over 99 percent of the molecules inside the body are water molecules and the body is two-thirds water by volume. Every protein, whether constituting bone, sinews, or any other tissue, exists in a hydrated form. When the water content of the body decreases to less than 50 percent, we die. Protons and electrons separate along membranes to create charged layers analogous to a tiny battery as the revolutionary work of Gerald Pollack at the University of Washington has recently shown.3 In this inner electrical environment of our bodies, the magic of life unfolds and this environment is also able to be influenced in a powerful manner through sound vibrations. ~ Eileen Day McKusick
99 Percent quotes by Eileen Day McKusick
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts. ~ Peter McWilliams
99 Percent quotes by Peter McWilliams
99 percent confident that the world really was getting warmer and that there was a high degree of probability that it was due to human-made greenhouse gases. ~ James Hansen
99 Percent quotes by James Hansen
Over 99 percent of all species that ever lived are now extinct. ~ Neil Shubin
99 Percent quotes by Neil Shubin
The top 1 percent have the best houses, the best educations, the best doctors, and the best lifestyles, but there is one thing that money doesn't seem to have bought: an understanding that their fate is bound up with how the other 99 percent live. Throughout history, this is something that the top 1 percent eventually do learn. Too late. ~ Joseph Stiglitz
99 Percent quotes by Joseph Stiglitz
When you read the news, and you see all this bad stuff happening, there's a tendency to lose faith in humanity. But I meet so many people who restore it and realize that, actually, 99 percent of people are great. ~ Johnny Galecki
99 Percent quotes by Johnny Galecki
There's a poster with Thomas Edison's quote: GENIUS IS 1 PERCENT INSPIRATION AND 99 PERCENT PERSPIRATION. ~ Lauren Oliver
99 Percent quotes by Lauren Oliver
I think that to be a good writer, you have to put yourself on the line, you have to think deeply about what is meaningful to you and you have to make a good-faith effort to speak from the integrity of your own deep experience ... People don't think about assessing what is the deepest narrative for them. I think that that's about 99 percent of the subject of literature ... Write from it. ~ Marilynne Robinson
99 Percent quotes by Marilynne Robinson
A horrible script 99 percent of the time means a horrible movie. But if you start with a good script, odds are you're going to have a good movie. ~ Ricky Schroder
99 Percent quotes by Ricky Schroder
Immunity is a public space. And it can be occupied by those who choose not to carry immunity. For some of the mothers I know, a refusal to vaccinate falls under a broader resistance to capitalism. But refusing immunity as a form of civil disobedience bears an unsettling resemblance to the very structure the Occupy movement seems to disrupt
a privileged 1 percent are sheltered from risk while they draw resources from the other 99 percent. ~ Eula Biss
99 Percent quotes by Eula Biss
Ya=hey, he called out to the movement of air, the unseen. A summer before, Uncle Moses listened to his nephew John-John talking a story. John-John was back from college and told Moses that 99 percent of the matter in the universe is invisible to the human eye. Ever since, Moses made sure to greet what he could not see. ~ Sherman Alexie
99 Percent quotes by Sherman Alexie
Indeed, this is how 99 percent of people select their jobs: pay, work environment, hours. But that's the point. Putting lifestyle first is how you find a job - not a calling.) As ~ Paul Kalanithi
99 Percent quotes by Paul Kalanithi
In response to the question "Do you favor or oppose making sharia law, or Islamic law, the official law of the land in our country?" the nations with the five largest Muslim populations - Indonesia (204 million), Pakistan (178 million), Bangladesh (149 million), Egypt (80 million), and Nigeria (76 million) - showed overwhelming support for sharia. To be precise, 72 percent of Indonesian Muslims, 84 percent of Pakistani Muslims, 82 percent of Bangladeshi Muslims, 74 percent of Egyptian Muslims, and 71 percent of Nigerian Muslims supported making sharia the state law of their respective societies. In two Islamic nations that are considered to be transitioning to democracy, the number of sharia supporters was even higher. Pew found that 91 percent of Iraqi Muslims and 99 percent of Afghan Muslims supported making sharia their country's official law. ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
99 Percent quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Success is 99 percent failure

~ Soichiro Honda
99 Percent quotes by Soichiro Honda
It is a weird feeling to have people go, 'Hey Chris' like they know me. But, number one, 99 percent of my experiences have been really cool. People couldn't be nicer and more positive. ~ Christopher Meloni
99 Percent quotes by Christopher Meloni
Yet an estimated 99 percent of people who have a problem with eating gluten don't even know it. They ascribe their ill health or symptoms to something else-not gluten sensitivity, which is 100 percent curable. ~ Mark Hyman, M.D.
99 Percent quotes by Mark Hyman, M.D.
Today Americans living below the poverty line are not just light-years ahead of most Africans; they're light-years ahead of the wealthiest Americans from just a century ago. Today 99 percent of Americans living below the poverty line have electricity, water, flushing toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 percent have a television; 88 percent have a telephone; 71 percent have a car; and 70 percent even have air-conditioning. This may not seem like much, but one hundred years ago men like Henry Ford and Cornelius Vanderbilt were among the richest on the planet, but they enjoyed few of these luxuries. ~ Peter H. Diamandis
99 Percent quotes by Peter H. Diamandis
I know when to say no and when to say yes. I take responsibility for my choices. The victim? She went somewhere else. The only one who can truly victimize me is myself, and 99 percent of the time I choose to do that no more. But I need to continue to remember the key principles: boundaries, letting go, forgiveness after feeling my feelings - not before, self-expression, loving others but loving myself, too. ~ Melody Beattie
99 Percent quotes by Melody Beattie
In junior high, there were a lot of really ugly guys who were popular because they made people laugh. I was like, "Wow, comedy is the great freer of hideous people." It was an incredibly liberating thing. If you ask a girl, "What do you want in a guy?" 99 percent are like, "I just want him to be funny." I thought, "If that applies to women, I'm set. ~ Mindy Kaling
99 Percent quotes by Mindy Kaling
I knew at least Banalia was dead; that had happened right in front of my eyes. They would either eat her now or smoke her body to sell the meat. It made my stomach turn
the DNA in that meat was almost 99 percent the same as human DNA; it was nearly cannibalism. But the men were hungry. ~ Eliot Schrefer
99 Percent quotes by Eliot Schrefer
Apparently nothing will ever teach these people that the other 99 percent of the population exist. ~ George Orwell
99 Percent quotes by George Orwell
I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is. What do you mean they scream and they're silent? They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a moron. You'll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don't sit there crying and screaming, idiot.' ~ Michael Savage
99 Percent quotes by Michael Savage
Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration. ~ Thomas A. Edison
99 Percent quotes by Thomas A. Edison
If you don't put 99 percent of yourself into the writing, there will be no publishing career. There's the writer and there's the author. The author - you don't ever think about the author. Just think about the writer. So my advice would be, find a way to not care - easier said than done. Accept that the world may never notice this thing you worked so hard at. And instead, do it for it, find a job, find a way of living that gives you an hour or two or three a day to do it, and then work your ass off sending out, trying to get out there, but do not put the pressure on the work to do something for you. Because then you're going to be writing dishonestly and for the market instead of for the characters and your story. ~ Andre Dubus III
99 Percent quotes by Andre Dubus III
During the first campaign, one of my jobs as my husband's spouse was to travel around the country and really listen to women. There were voices that were new to me: the voices of military spouses, many of them women, and veterans ... I was overwhelmed by their challenges, and the notion that we as a country don't even know that these women exist, because we live in a country where one percent of the population protects the rights and freedoms of the other 99 percent of us. I thought that if I had the opportunity to serve as First Lady, I was going to use this platform to be their voice. ~ Michelle Obama
99 Percent quotes by Michelle Obama
I don't think that Saddam Hussein is deliberately starving his own people. I would think that a man who gets 99 percent of the people to vote for him in an election and the people love him so much, how would they love a man that is starving them? ~ Louis Farrakhan
99 Percent quotes by Louis Farrakhan
Whenever elephants met men, elephants fared badly. Syria's final elephants were exterminated by twenty-five hundred years ago. Elephants were gone from much of China literally before the year 1 and much of Africa by the year 1000. Meanwhile, in India and southern Asia, elephants became the mounts of kings; tanks against forts, prisoners' executioners, and pincushions of arrows, driven mad in battle; elephants became logging trucks and bulldozers, and, as with other slaves, their forced labor requires beatings and abuse. Since Roman times, humans have reduced Africa's elephant population by perhaps 99 percent. African elephants are gone from 90 percent of the lands they roamed as recently as 1800, when, despite earlier losses, an estimated twenty-six million elephants still trod the continent. Now they number perhaps four hundred thousand. (The diminishment of Asian elephants over historic times is far worse.) The planet's menagerie has become like shards of broken glass; we're grinding the shards smaller and smaller. ~ Carl Safina
99 Percent quotes by Carl Safina
I don't always change my clothes just because I'm leaving the house. I wear yoga pants 99 percent of the time, and I pretend that other people don't notice that I'm wearing my pajamas in public. ~ Shauna Niequist
99 Percent quotes by Shauna Niequist
It is a drastic mistake to eliminate the provisions that have to do with the protection of habitat for endangered species. It is my opinion that the Endangered Species Act is 99 percent about protecting critical habitat. ~ Jim Saxton
99 Percent quotes by Jim Saxton
Good innovators typically think very big and they think very small. New ideas are sometimes found in the most granular details of a problem where few others bother to look. And they are sometimes found when you are doing your most abstract and philosophical thinking, considering why the world is the way that it is and whether there might be an alternative to the dominant paradigm. Rarely can they be found in the temperate latitudes between they two spaces, where we spend 99 percent of our lives. ~ Nate Silver
99 Percent quotes by Nate Silver
When we mention the 1 percent and the 99 percent, everybody now knows what we are talking about. It's part of our vocabulary. How quickly these numbers jumped from the sidelines to the center. ~ Madeleine M. Kunin
99 Percent quotes by Madeleine M. Kunin
It is astonishing to realise that the human species survived hundreds of thousands of years, more than 99 percent of its time on this planet, with a life expectancy of only eighteen years. ~ Leonard Hayflick
99 Percent quotes by Leonard Hayflick
I always thought when I was doing more melodramatic stuff like Everwood that the directors were constantly reeling me in and stopping me from being funny. I've always tried to find a funny angle on things, and 99 percent of the time, it just doesn't work. ~ Chris Pratt
99 Percent quotes by Chris Pratt
When we started, I was delivering meals to people in Atlanta. We were a direct-care organization. And it was - people needed meals, they needed transport, they needed medication, they needed buddy systems. They had a death sentence. There was AZT, and that was just prolonging the agony, basically. Now people, of course, if they are on antiretrovirals, they face a lifetime of health, basically. I mean, it doesn't - it's I would say in the 99 percent certainty bracket that if you are on that medication, you will have a healthy life. ~ Elton John
99 Percent quotes by Elton John
The music comes first, like, 99 percent of the time. I come up with the basic chord structure and the melody first and then I get really obsessed with arranging, adding, and subtracting parts. The last step of the process, for me, is finding words that fit into that structure and figuring out exactly what I want to talk about. ~ Mikal Cronin
99 Percent quotes by Mikal Cronin
The Occupy movement has drawn attention to how too many in the 1 percent get to play by their own rules while exploiting the 99 percent. ~ Robert Greenwald
99 Percent quotes by Robert Greenwald
There are companies which are prepared to change the way they work. They realize that nothing can be based on what used to be, that there is a better way. But, 99 percent of companies are not ready, [they are] caught in an industrial Jurassic Park. ~ Ricardo Semler
99 Percent quotes by Ricardo Semler
Travel in a rocket at 99 percent the speed of light and you'll enjoy the consequential sevenfold time dilation: from your perspective nothing has changed; you have aged a decade in ten years' worth of travel. But upon returning to Earth you'd find that seventy years have passed and none of your old friends are still alive to greet you. (For the famous formula that lets you calculate the slowdown of time at any speed you care to consider, see the Lorentz transformation in Appendix 1.) Then the truth rather than the theory ~ Robert Lanza
99 Percent quotes by Robert Lanza
What has since happened in Tibet is hardly to be believed. More than 1.2 million Tibetans lost their lives and of about six thousand monasteries, temples, and shrines, 99 percent were either looted or totally destroyed. In ~ Heinrich Harrer
99 Percent quotes by Heinrich Harrer
As someone who came to New York in the 1970s, I was, like so many of my friends, a certified member of what we now call the 99 percent - and I was a lot closer to the bottom than to the top of that 99 percent. At some point during the intervening years, I moved into the 1 percent. ~ Graydon Carter
99 Percent quotes by Graydon Carter
Has it ever occurred to you how lucky you are to be alive? More than 99 percent of all the creatures that have ever lived have died without progeny, but not a single one of your ancestors falls into that group! ... Not a single one of your ancestors, all the way back to the bacteria, succumbed to predation before reproducing, or lost out in the competition for a mate. ~ Daniel Dennett
99 Percent quotes by Daniel Dennett
nine of every ten cells in our bodies belong not to us, but to these microbial species (most of them residents of our gut), and that 99 percent of the DNA we're carrying around belongs to those microbes. Some scientists, trained in evolutionary biology, began looking at the human individual in a humbling new light: as a kind of superorganism, a community of several hundred coevolved and interdependent species. ~ Michael Pollan
99 Percent quotes by Michael Pollan
I would love to design a maternity clothing line. It is so hard to find stylish clothes for pregnant people ... I would say 99 percent of the clothes I wore were not maternity because I couldn't find anything I liked. ~ Kourtney Kardashian
99 Percent quotes by Kourtney Kardashian
One percent of ballplayers are leaders of men. The other 99 percent are followers of women. ~ John McGraw
99 Percent quotes by John McGraw
Real social change is a process that takes place over time, usually quite a long time. At a given moment in history, 99 percent of a society may think and act one way on a certain matter, and only 1 percent think and act very differently. In time, that 1 percent may become 2 percent, then 5 percent, then 10, 20, 30 percent, until finally it becomes the dominant majority, and social change has taken place. ~ John Holt
99 Percent quotes by John Holt
The thing I find about the movie industry is that 99 percent of the people are absolute scum. They're horrible people, they really are. Very nasty killer rabbits who hate movies. But the other 1 percent are really the greatest, most wonderful people in the world. ~ Lloyd Kaufman
99 Percent quotes by Lloyd Kaufman
Thus, 99 percent of the Earth's atmosphere is of biological origin. The sky is made by life. ~ Carl Sagan
99 Percent quotes by Carl Sagan
The new elites have no allegiances to nation states and don't care about the damage they do to workers, the environment, or the rest of humanity. They are unhinged sociopaths, far removed from what the Occupy Movement called the '99 percent.' ~ Henry Giroux
99 Percent quotes by Henry Giroux
The World Health Organization estimates that 536,000 women perished in pregnancy or childbirth in 2005, a toll that has barely budged in thirty years. Child mortality has plunged, longevity has increased, but childbirth remains almost as deadly as ever, with one maternal death every minute. Some 99 percent of these deaths occur in poor countries. ~ Nicholas D. Kristof And Sheryl WuDunn
99 Percent quotes by Nicholas D. Kristof And Sheryl WuDunn
When you think about archaeology, archaeology is the only field that allows us to tell the story of 99 percent of our history prior to 3,000 B.C. and writing. ~ Sarah Parcak
99 Percent quotes by Sarah Parcak
Enforcement isn't about big government or small government. It's about whether government works and who it works for. ~ Elizabeth Warren
99 Percent quotes by Elizabeth Warren
Including the differential mortgage loan approval rates between Asian Americans and whites shows that the same methods to conclude that that blacks are discriminated against in mortgage lending would also lead to the conclusion that whites are discriminated against in favor of Asian Americans, reducing this whole procedure to absurdity, since no one believes that banks are discriminating against whites ... [W]hen loan approval rates are not cited, but loan denial rates are, that creates a larger statistical disparity, since most loans are approved. Even if 98 percent of blacks had their mortgage loan applications approved, if 99 percent of whites were approved than by quoting denial rates alone it could be said that blacks were rejected twice as often as whites. ~ Thomas Sowell
99 Percent quotes by Thomas Sowell
My father and I used to tussle about me becoming an actor. He's from strong, Presbyterian Scottish working-class stock, and he used to sit me down and say, 'You know, 99 percent of actors are out of work. You've been educated, so why do you want to spend your life pretending to be someone else when you could be your own man?' ~ Tom Hiddleston
99 Percent quotes by Tom Hiddleston
I have more CDs than 99 percent of America, but fewer CDs than 40 percent of my friends; if an acquaintance has more CDs than me, I feel intimidated and emasculated. I think any my CDs a lot. I find it oddly reassuring to look at them when I'm intoxicated. ~ Chuck Klosterman
99 Percent quotes by Chuck Klosterman
Email is the lowest common denominator. It's the way you get communications from one person to another. There isn't really an alternative. Sometimes people will have Facebook messenger turned on, but 99 percent of the time, if you're sending a message to a human you don't know well, you're using email. ~ Stewart Butterfield
99 Percent quotes by Stewart Butterfield
Generally speaking, 99 percent of the time life is benign and supportive. The ego leads us to fixate on the 1 percent when it is painful, dark, or tragic - although even in these times, it is usually only painful and tragic to us (our tragedy might be someone else's good luck). Although the mind imagines worst-case scenarios - like car crashes - most of our lives are not composed of these kinds of events. If we look at our lives more objectively, we see that reality is actually highly supportive of us - a miracle, if we could see it for what it is. The universe is much more generous than most of us have ever recognized or acknowledged, and in the face of this overwhelming abundance, it simply makes sense to awaken and open ourselves to this generosity. ~ Don Richard Riso
99 Percent quotes by Don Richard Riso
I believe that 99 percent of what anyone does can effectively be postponed. ~ Amy Hempel
99 Percent quotes by Amy Hempel
I'm sensitive about the criticism [for not producing new playwrights], yes. But I'm hip to it as well. I read 500 new plays a year, and 99.99 percent of them are not good. I see no reason to do a new play just because it's new. It's like kissing your sister, a virtue, but so what? It seems to me more worthwhile to take a proven playwright and say, Write something for us. ~ Gregory A. Boyd
99 Percent quotes by Gregory A. Boyd
It has been often said that writing is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent inspiration. In my experience, this is true. But, in my opinion, it is useless without that 1 percent. It's like an engine without fuel
can't get anywhere without it. Or like a lighthouse without a light on top
doesn't guide anyone in to home or safe harbor. ~ Robert Fanney
99 Percent quotes by Robert Fanney
Myth: we have to save the earth. Frankly, the earth doesn't need to be saved. Nature doesn't give a hoot if human beings are here or not. The planet has survived cataclysmic and catastrophic changes for millions upon millions of years. Over that time, it is widely believed, 99 percent of all species have come and gone while the planet has remained. Saving the environment is really about saving our environment - making it safe for ourselves, our children, and the world as we know it. If more people saw the issue as one of saving themselves, we would probably see increased motivation and commitment to actually do so. ~ William L. Rathje
99 Percent quotes by William L. Rathje
Despite what those on the happily coupled sidelines might think, 99 percent of online dates weren't exciting enough to be fun or nerve-racking enough to be adventurous. They were just...awkward. Boring. An hour of small talk with someone you'd think twice about saving from a burning building. Online dating was like Russian roulette. Mostly misses. But sometimes, people Evie knew had met that all-too-rare bullet: a smart, aesthetically pleasing New Yorker who was still single. Maybe tonight, Evie thought, is the night I blow my brains out. ~ Georgia Clark
99 Percent quotes by Georgia Clark
Chess is 99 percent calculation. ~ Andrew Soltis
99 Percent quotes by Andrew Soltis
In the last recession, 99 percent of us have lost wealth, but did you know that the top 1 percent increased their wealth five times? It tells you they create recessions so they get wealthier. ~ Jesse Ventura
99 Percent quotes by Jesse Ventura
Many people confuse the statement "almost all terrorists are Moslems" with "almost all Moslems are terrorists." Assume that the first statement is true, that 99 percent of terrorists are Moslems. This would mean that only about .001 percent of Moslems are terrorists, since there are more than one billion Moslems and only, say, ten thousand terrorists, one in a hundred thousand. So the logical mistake makes you (unconsciously) overestimate the odds of a randomly drawn individual Moslem person (between the age of, say, fifteen and fifty) being a terrorist by close to fifty thousand times!

[...]Our inferential machinery, that which we use in daily life, is not made for a complicated environment in which a statement changes markedly when its wording is slightly modified. Consider that in a primitive environment there is no consequential difference between the statements "most killers are wild animals" and "most wild animals are killers". There is an error here, but it is almost inconsequential. Our statistical intuitions have not evolved for a habitat in which these subtleties can make a big difference. ~ Nicholas Nassim Taleb
99 Percent quotes by Nicholas Nassim Taleb
Let us invest less and less in war and tax cuts for the richest 1 percent, and more and more in jobs and schools for the other 99 percent. ~ Benjamin Todd Jealous
99 Percent quotes by Benjamin Todd Jealous
Photography's 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent moving furniture. ~ Gregory Heisler
99 Percent quotes by Gregory Heisler
99% of all problems can be solved by money
and for the other 1% there's alcohol. ~ Quentin R. Bufogle
99 Percent quotes by Quentin R. Bufogle
I don't think every person is unique. If every person is unique, then unique is a completely unneccessary word."
"Don't you think that every person has something specific that makes them special?"
"Maybe, but if that's the case, then people are 99 percent boring."
"And you, are you one of the few people who isn't boring?"
"I don't think I'm any more remarkable than anyone else. THe difference is that I've discovered that I don't need to go around pretending I have a personality. ~ Gunnar Ardelius
99 Percent quotes by Gunnar Ardelius
If a person has no conscience, it's called being a sociopath. If a corporation has no conscience, it's called capitalism. ~ Quentin R. Bufogle
99 Percent quotes by Quentin R. Bufogle
When talliea are taken, companies wind up wondering why 99 percent of their senior employees ae white men. Then they blame us -- accusing women, for example, of having "opted out" to take care of their children. But in many cases I knew about, women left because they were sick of all the boorish ice-cream licking, real and metaphorical, not because they were seized by a sudden overpowering desire to take their babies to Gymboree class. ~ Ellen Pao
99 Percent quotes by Ellen Pao
In a city of twenty million like New York, there might be one or two terrorists. Maybe ten of them at the outside. 10/20,000,000 = 0.00005 percent. One twenty-thousandth of a percent. That's pretty rare all right. Now, say you've got some software that can sift through all the bank records, or toll pass records, or public transit records, or phone call records in the city and catch terrorists 99 percent of the time. In a pool of twenty million people, a 99 percent accurate test will identify two hundred thousand people as being terrorists. But only ten of them are terrorists. To catch ten bad guys, you have to haul in and investigate two hundred thousand innocent people. ~ Cory Doctorow
99 Percent quotes by Cory Doctorow
99 percent of success is built on failure. ~ Charles Kettering
99 Percent quotes by Charles Kettering
99 percent of every beautiful thing you ever knew escaped and went back out into the world where you vaguely remembered it. ~ Ron Padgett
99 Percent quotes by Ron Padgett
At present, black children are more segregated in their public schools than at any time since 1968. In the inner-city schools I visit, minority children typically represent 95 percent to 99 percent of class enrollment. ~ Jonathan Kozol
99 Percent quotes by Jonathan Kozol
When you write an album and you're writing about relationships, the stuff that I've been through in my relationships, 99 percent of it is really good, but it's that one percent that always inspires you to write a song. ~ Kris Allen
99 Percent quotes by Kris Allen
Some postdivorce statistics:
* James saw the children 75 percent less than before.
* He missed 85 percent of their afterschool woes.
* He was absent for 99 percent of their family dinners.
Screw statistics. ONe hundred percent of Charlotte's marriage had ended in divorce, and for her, that was the only number that meant anything at all. ~ Shannon Hale
99 Percent quotes by Shannon Hale
You can imagine: 99 percent of your experiments fail for one reason or another. ~ Craig Venter
99 Percent quotes by Craig Venter
The good thing about principles is that they make life easy. I have heard it said that when someone bases his life on principle, 99 percent of his decisions are already made. ~ Dave Ramsey
99 Percent quotes by Dave Ramsey
If you want to relate me to the newer cats, let's go. Let's go line for line and bar for bar. If it's all about spitting and metaphors and MCing and lyrics and entendres, I will eat 99 percent of you dudes up. ~ Lupe Fiasco
99 Percent quotes by Lupe Fiasco
I like to play with people who can play simple and are not threatened by other musicians thinking they can't play. And that eliminates 99 percent of the musicians. ~ Neil Young
99 Percent quotes by Neil Young
So many times after a catastrophe like 9/11, Estonia in Sweden, the Holocaust or whatever, we are so fond of lifting up the hero examples, but actually 99 percent of survivors have done something that they feel very guilty about. ~ Ruben Ostlund
99 Percent quotes by Ruben Ostlund
Women have said the most malicious, disgusting things about me. But I know that when somebody comments about you, good or bad, it is 99 percent of the time their projection of how they feel about themselves. ~ Paz De La Huerta
99 Percent quotes by Paz De La Huerta
There are three important principles to Graham's approach. [The first is to look at stocks as fractional shares of a business, which] gives you an entirely different view than most people who are in the market. [The second principle is the margin-of-safety concept, which] gives you the competitive advantage. [The third is having a true investor's attitude toward the stock market, which] if you have that attitude, you start out ahead of 99 percent of all the people who are operating in the stock market - it's an enormous advantage. ~ Warren Buffett
99 Percent quotes by Warren Buffett
De Grey describes his goal as "engineered negligible senescence" - stopping the body and brain from becoming more frail and disease-prone as it grows older.18 As he explains, "All the core knowledge needed to develop engineered negligible senescence is already in our possession - it mainly just needs to be pieced together."19 De Grey believes we'll demonstrate "robustly rejuvenated" mice - mice that are functionally younger than before being treated and with the life extension to prove it - within ten years, and he points out that this achievement will have a dramatic effect on public opinion. Demonstrating that we can reverse the aging process in an animal that shares 99 percent of our genes will profoundly challenge the common wisdom that aging and death are inevitable. Once robust rejuvenation is confirmed in an animal, there will be enormous competitive pressure to translate these results into human therapies, which should appear five to ten years later. ~ Ray Kurzweil
99 Percent quotes by Ray Kurzweil
Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work... ~ Albert Einstein
99 Percent quotes by Albert Einstein
You want to ensure people can do it right 99 percent of time. When we have to fire one of our surgical trainees, it is never because they don't have the physical skills but because they don't have the moral skills - to practise and admit failure. ~ Atul Gawande
99 Percent quotes by Atul Gawande
Life is 99 percent attitude. Yet for the majority of people, it is the remaining one percent that dominates 99 percent of their life. ~ Bill Madden
99 Percent quotes by Bill Madden
Modern technologies are 99 percent bravery , and 1 percent investment ~ Arif Naseem
99 Percent quotes by Arif Naseem
war is not inevitable. Nor has it always been with us. War is a human invention - an organized, deliberate action of an anti-social kind - and in the long span of human life on Earth, a fairly recent one. For more than 99 percent of the time that humans have lived on this planet, most of them have never made war. Many languages don't even have a word for it. Turn off CNN and read anthropology. You'll see.
What's more, war is obsolete. Most nations don't make war anymore, except when coerced by the United States to join some spurious "coalition." The earth is small, and our time here so short. No other nation on the planet makes war as often, as long, as forcefully, as expensively, as destructively, as wastefully, as senselessly, or as unsuccessfully as the United States. No other nation makes war its business. ~ Ann Jones
99 Percent quotes by Ann Jones
With a fourth generation of nuclear power, you can have a technology that will burn more than 99 percent of the energy in the fuel. It would mean that you don't need to mine uranium for the next thousand years. ~ James Hansen
99 Percent quotes by James Hansen
if the system is 99 percent accurate, 22,284 innocent persons are in prison. If the system is 99.9 percent accurate, that is still 2,228 innocent people in prison. ~ Jim Petro
99 Percent quotes by Jim Petro
As sisters, they probably have closer to 99 percent in common, but they're not about to recognize that. They'd rather fight over what kind of pet they're going to get ... It's an argument for its own sake. ~ David Levithan
99 Percent quotes by David Levithan
Is it healthy for a society to entrust its defense to one percent of its population, while the other 99 percent thanks its lucky stars that it doesn't have to do the dirty work? ~ Steven Pressfield
99 Percent quotes by Steven Pressfield
The key to success is failure ... Success is made of 99 percent failure. ~ James Dyson
99 Percent quotes by James Dyson
When I listen to music today, it is about 99 percent classical. I rarely even listen to folk music, the music of my own specialty, because folk music is to me more limited than classical music. ~ Tom Glazer
99 Percent quotes by Tom Glazer
First of all, this whole idea of this one percent versus the 99 percent, it's a false statistic. There's nobody that is wealthy saying, let's go get the people that aren't. First of all, there's no versus. He's creating a false class warfare in a country where there is no class structure. ~ Jon Lovitz
99 Percent quotes by Jon Lovitz
1 Percent Quotes «
» Alcohol Quotes