99 Per Cent Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 99 Per Cent.

Quotes About 99 Per Cent

Enjoy collection of 45 99 Per Cent quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 99 Per Cent. Righ click to see and save pictures of 99 Per Cent quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Today, of Americans officially designated as 'poor', 99 per cent have electricity, running water, flush toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 per cent have a television, 88 per cent a telephone, 71 per cent a car and 70 per cent air conditioning. Cornelius Vanderbilt had none of these. ~ Matt Ridley
99 Per Cent quotes by Matt Ridley
As 99 per cent of English authors and 100 per cent of American ones [authors] are just such imbeciles, managers and publishers make a practice of asking for every right the author possesses. ~ George Bernard Shaw
99 Per Cent quotes by George Bernard Shaw
I identify with the 99 per cent. ~ Peter M. Brant
99 Per Cent quotes by Peter M. Brant
Auditioning for a couple of years, 99 per cent of the time you are doing an American accent. ~ Jai Courtney
99 Per Cent quotes by Jai Courtney
Indeed cocktail parties are death as I am sure 99 per cent of DS colleagues would agree. Whoever it was who suggested an international treaty banning National Day receptions should be canonised. ~ S.J. Parris
99 Per Cent quotes by S.J. Parris
The truth of the matter is that although not all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, in today's world, most of the terrorists - 99 per cent - are Muslim. ~ Shohreh Aghdashloo
99 Per Cent quotes by Shohreh Aghdashloo
We must have had 99 per cent of the match. It was the other three per cent that cost us. ~ Ruud Gullit
99 Per Cent quotes by Ruud Gullit
In the age of Facebook and Instagram you can observe this myth-making process more clearly than ever before, because some of it has been outsourced from the mind to the computer. It is fascinating and terrifying to behold people who spend countless hours constructing and embellishing a perfect self online, becoming attached to their own creation, and mistaking it for the truth about themselves.20 That's how a family holiday fraught with traffic jams, petty squabbles and tense silences becomes a collection of beautiful panoramas, perfect dinners and smiling faces; 99 per cent of what we experience never becomes part of the story of the self.
It is particularly noteworthy that our fantasy self tends to be very visual, whereas our actual experiences are corporeal. In the fantasy, you observe a scene in your mind's eye or on the computer screen. You see yourself standing on a tropical beach, the blue sea behind you, a big smile on your face, one hand holding a cocktail, the other arm around your lover's waist. Paradise. What the picture does not show is the annoying fly that bites your leg, the cramped feeling in your stomach from eating that rotten fish soup, the tension in your jaw as you fake a big smile, and the ugly fight the happy couple had five minutes ago. If we could only feel what the people in the photos felt while taking them!
Hence if you really want to understand yourself, you should not identify with your Facebook account or with the inner story of the s ~ Yuval Noah Harari
99 Per Cent quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
We will stop 99 per cent of the attacks. But one per cent of attacks might get through and that is what I am saying. ~ Rahul Gandhi
99 Per Cent quotes by Rahul Gandhi
The core problem is that the world is full of people who would like to take 99 per cent of the information that's on the Internet, and eliminate 1 per cent. Everyone has their own thing they don't like. ~ Eric Schmidt
99 Per Cent quotes by Eric Schmidt
Humans lived for several million years as fully wild beings: only in the last 10, 000 did we invent agriculture; only in the last couple of centuries did we invent industry. We are a species that has spent 99 per cent of its history as hunter-gatherers. We haven't had time for our unconscious minds and our unconscious needs to have changed. If you like, our souls have not changed, and this is true whether or not we believe that we have them. ~ Simon Barnes
99 Per Cent quotes by Simon Barnes
13. 99 percent is a very large percentage. For instance, easily 99 percent of people want a roof over their heads, food on their tables, and the occasional slice of cake for dessert. Surely an arrangement can be made with that niggling 1 percent who disagree. ~ Lemony Snicket
99 Per Cent quotes by Lemony Snicket
Indeed, our everyday world presents intellectual challenges just as daunting as those of the cosmos and the quantum, and that is where 99 per cent of scientists focus their efforts. Even the smallest insect, with its intricate structure, is far more complex than either an atom or a star. ~ Martin Rees
99 Per Cent quotes by Martin Rees
I am told that today rather more than 60 per cent of the men who go to university go on a Government grant. This is a new class that has entered upon the scene. It is the white-collar proletariat. They do not go to university to acquire culture but to get a job, and when they have got one, scamp it. They have no manners and are woefully unable to deal with any social predicament. Their idea of a celebration is to go to a public house and drink six beers. They are mean, malicious and envious . They are scum. ~ W. Somerset Maugham
99 Per Cent quotes by W. Somerset Maugham
The Japanese experience, when a conscious effort by the central bank to prick an asset bubble ended up triggering an 80 per cent stock market sell-off and a decade of economic stagnation. ~ Niall Ferguson
99 Per Cent quotes by Niall Ferguson
There's not a human being alive I won't talk to. There's a quite simple rule. If you like somebody more than you dislike them you can have a relationship. Once you accept you like 75 per cent but 25 per cent you find irritating for this or that reason, you just have to ignore that 25 per cent. ~ Robert Powell
99 Per Cent quotes by Robert Powell
There is nothing new about prophecies to the effect that the end of the world is near if we do not repent. What is new is that such a prophecy is now true, for two obvious reasons. First, nuclear weapons give us the means to wipe ourselves out quickly: no humans possessed this means before. Second, we already appropriate about forty per cent of the Earth's net productivity (that is, the net energy captured from sunlight). With the world's human population now doubling every forty-one years, we will soon have reached the biological limit to growth, at which point we will have to start fighting each other in deadly earnest for a slice of the world's fixed pie of resources. In addition, given the present rate at which we are exterminating species, most of the world's species will become extinct or endangered within the next century, but we depend on many species for our own life support. ~ Jared Diamond
99 Per Cent quotes by Jared Diamond
As for the South, it is enough to say that perhaps eighty per cent. of her armies were neither slave-holders, nor had the remotest interest in the institution. No other proof, however, is needed than the undeniable fact that at any period of the war from its beginning to near its close the South could have saved slavery by simply laying down its arms and returning to the Union. ~ John Brown Gordon
99 Per Cent quotes by John Brown Gordon
I am sure future historians will say the biggest and most astonishing change in politics has been the embracing of all the tenets of Thatcherism by the party of Keir Hardie: trade union legislation, Europe, the replacement of Trident, 10 per cent tax for people who have made millions from their companies. ~ Robert Harris
99 Per Cent quotes by Robert Harris
I've also grown as an actor as I've got older in life. I've learnt how to go to work, immerse myself 100 per cent in the character and, at the end of the day, take it all off and go back, get a nice bubble bath, have a nice massage and realise that is not my life. And that feels good. ~ Halle Berry
99 Per Cent quotes by Halle Berry
Seventy per cent of the clothes you own should be meat and potatoes. Thirty per cent should be icing and fluff - that's colour, pattern, shine, accessories. Too many women get the proportions the other way round, then can't figure out why they can't get dressed. ~ Michael Kors
99 Per Cent quotes by Michael Kors
It is not true what everyone always says that the only way to see America is to go across it by car. Apart from the fact that it is impossible given its enormous size, it is also deadly boring. A few outings on the motorway are enough to give an idea of what small-town and even village America is like on average, with the endless suburbs along the highways, a sight of desperate squalor, with all those low buildings, petrol stations or other shops which look like them, and the colours of the writing on the shop signs, and you realize 95 per cent of America is a country of ugliness, oppressiveness and sameness, in short of relentless monotony. ~ Italo Calvino
99 Per Cent quotes by Italo Calvino
He that sells upon Credit expects to lose 5 per Cent. By bad Debts; therefore he charges, on all he sells upon Credit, an Advance that shall make up that Deficiency. ~ Benjamin Franklin
99 Per Cent quotes by Benjamin Franklin
The upward revision of import duty, from 1 per cent to over 4 per cent on steam coal imports, will adversely impact the industry, as it will lead to increase in cost of power generation. ~ Gautam Adani
99 Per Cent quotes by Gautam Adani
I said to the players before the start, 'Just go out and give it 100 per cent. I am not asking for any more than that'. ~ Carlton Palmer
99 Per Cent quotes by Carlton Palmer
On any basic figure of the Africans landed alive in the Americas, one would have to make several extensions- starting with a calculation to cover mortality in transshipment. The Atlantic crossing, or "Middle Passage," as it was called by European slavers, was notorious for the number of deaths incurred, averaging in the vicinity of 15-20 per cent. There were also numerous deaths in Africa between time of capture and time of embarkation, especially in cases where captives had to travel hundreds of miles to the coast. Most important of all (given that warfare was the principal means of obtaining captives) it is necessary to make some estimate of the number of people killed and injured so as to extract the millions who were taken alive and sound. The resultant figure would be many times the millions landed alive outside of Africa, and it is that figure which represents the number of Africans directly removed from the population and labor force of Africa because of the establishment of slave production by Europeans. Pg. 96 ~ Walter Rodney
99 Per Cent quotes by Walter Rodney
The Spanish PM rang me to say: 'I have the support of only 4 per cent of the people.' I said, 'Crikey, that's even less than think Elvis Presley is still alive.' ~ Tony Blair
99 Per Cent quotes by Tony Blair
I charge my wealthy clients a lot and put 10 per cent in a fund which I use to pay the expenses of my poorer clients. When the government gangs up on the poor schnook in the street, someone has to stand up for him. ~ Alan Dershowitz
99 Per Cent quotes by Alan Dershowitz
The fact that nine-tenths of all the smutty literature, artistic tripe and theatrical banalities, had to be charged to the account of people who formed scarcely one per cent. of the nation - that fact could not be gainsaid. It was there, and had to be admitted. ~ Adolf Hitler
99 Per Cent quotes by Adolf Hitler
Seventy-five per cent of being successful as an actor is pure luck. The rest is just endurance. ~ Gene Hackman
99 Per Cent quotes by Gene Hackman
My mum always told me 95 per cent of success was partnering well. ~ Marc Anthony
99 Per Cent quotes by Marc Anthony
This one is from an ancient Zoroastrian legend of the first parents of the human race, where they are pictured as having sprung from the earth in the form of a single reed, so closely joined that they could not have been told apart. However, in time they separated; and again in time they united, and there were born to them two children, whom they loved so tenderly and irresistibly that they ate them up. The mother ate one; the father ate the other; and God, to protect the human race, then reduced the force of man's capacity for love by some ninety-nine per cent. Those first parents thereafter had seven more pairs of children, every one of which, however - thank God! - survived. ~ Joseph Campbell
99 Per Cent quotes by Joseph Campbell
I owe 90 per cent of my life to people because I am a public figure, but 10 per cent is private to me. And I am not saying it in a defensive way. I feel my life has been made into a TV serial. ~ Priyanka Chopra
99 Per Cent quotes by Priyanka Chopra
When I go home every night, I can look in the mirror and say I have given 110 per cent for Newcastle United. If people aren't happy with that, I can't give any more. ~ Alan Shearer
99 Per Cent quotes by Alan Shearer
During the fiscal year ending in 1861, expenses of the federal government had been $67 million. After the first year of armed conflict they were $475 million and, by 1865, had risen to one billion, three-hundred million dollars. On the income side of the ledger, taxes covered only about eleven per cent of that figure. By the end of the war, the deficit had risen to $2.61 billion. That money had to come from somewhere. ~ G. Edward Griffin
99 Per Cent quotes by G. Edward Griffin
Worldwide digital storage overtook the amount of information stored on paper and other analogue media for the first time in 2002. By 2007, 94 per cent of our information was ~ Dawn Field
99 Per Cent quotes by Dawn Field
There is no need for advertisements to look like advertisements. If you make them look like editorial pages, you will attract about 50 per cent more readers. ~ David Ogilvy
99 Per Cent quotes by David Ogilvy
Family is 100 per cent my top priority. ~ Isla Fisher
99 Per Cent quotes by Isla Fisher
I may have exaggerated a bit when I said that 80 per cent of the top 100 women are fat pigs. What I meant to say was 75 per cent of the top 100 women are fat pigs. ~ Richard Krajicek
99 Per Cent quotes by Richard Krajicek
With approximately 75 per cent of our rubbish generated by packaging, a few simple steps - buying loose fruit and veg, choosing products with recyclable packaging, and avoiding individually wrapped portions - can have a big impact. ~ Sheherazade Goldsmith
99 Per Cent quotes by Sheherazade Goldsmith
Major labels act as banks in terms of how they produce and release your album. No major label is really good or bad; they just 100 per cent operate as a business, which makes sense ... no hard feelings. ~ Solange Knowles
99 Per Cent quotes by Solange Knowles
Eighty per cent of global warming comes from livestock and deforestation. ~ Heather Mills
99 Per Cent quotes by Heather Mills
It may be that DMT makes us able to perceive what the physicist call "dark matter" - the 95 per cent of the universe's mass that is known to exist but that at present remains invisible to our senses and instruments. ~ Graham Hancock
99 Per Cent quotes by Graham Hancock
I just had a son and had to take him to the paediatrician and he measured his head and apparently he's in a group in which only 14 per cent of the population have a bigger head than him. Then she said: "Do you mind if I measure your head?" I said: "Go ahead." And she was shocked, because less than one per cent of the world's population has a bigger head than mine. So I guess that means I'm pretty full of myself. Or that I have a huge brain. ~ Jack Black
99 Per Cent quotes by Jack Black
When we have in mind that from 25 to 75 per cent of individuals in various communities in the United States have a distinct irregularity in the development of the dental arches and facial form, the cause and significance of which constitutes one of the important problems of this study, the striking contrast found in these Peruvian skulls will be seen to constitute a challenge for our modern civilizations. In a study of 1,276 skulls of these ancient Peruvians, I did not find a single skull with significant deformity of the dental arches ~ Anonymous
99 Per Cent quotes by Anonymous
Textiles Quotes «
» Economic Crisis Quotes