315 Millimeters Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 315 Millimeters.

Quotes About 315 Millimeters

Enjoy collection of 37 315 Millimeters quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 315 Millimeters. Righ click to see and save pictures of 315 Millimeters quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Put that thing down, girl. Don't you know it steals part of your soul, that little mechanical masterpiece you hold so frivolously? Don't you know it's not just mine it seals into its gears and trick mirrors, but yours, too. What you feel at this moment, what you hope for, what your dreams are, what you think your future will unfold like, it steals it all from you, too. You aren't safe just because of the side of the lens you're on. And later, when everything is said and done, and you want to forget everything that happened in these walls, when you're all alone, this picture, this piece of your soul you didn't even know was gone, will haunt you. It will come bearing knives and AKs and nine millimeters, and it will destroy you from the inside out. Put that damned thing down and stop acting like any of this is something worth remembering. ~ Shannon Noelle Long
315 Millimeters quotes by Shannon Noelle Long
I have days when I go to the gym and I can't push that 315, but then I look at my video of me benching 6 reps at 315, and I know I did do that. That wasn't a dream. That wasn't some weird fantasy. So I know that next time I'll go in and I'll do that. ~ Joseph Gatt
315 Millimeters quotes by Joseph Gatt
I never knew kissing could be this good ~ Jenny Han
315 Millimeters quotes by Jenny Han
Definitely with the fit of clothing - how it really depends on mere centimeters and millimeters of difference in terms of how lengths can make such a big impact on your shape. I learned how to incorporate a cute peter pan collar on a dress and not make it look juvenile. ~ Lily Collins
315 Millimeters quotes by Lily Collins
Welcome it as part of a process ... you just can't avoid it ... if you go to bat enough times, you are going to strike out; and you will do it cataclysmically; and you know success and failure are just millimeters apart. ~ Peter Guber
315 Millimeters quotes by Peter Guber
I shaved away my teeth and made them into little pencil points for nice teeth, that's kind of weird if you think about it. I was a notorious teeth-grinder, so all my front teeth became a couple millimeters shorter. ~ Chrissy Teigen
315 Millimeters quotes by Chrissy Teigen
I would hold him in my arms and wait to cross the street and would think how absurd it was that my child, that any child, could expect to survive this life. It seemed as improbable as the survival of one of those late-spring butterflies - you know, those little white ones - I sometimes saw wobbling through the air, always just millimeters away from smacking itself against a windshield. And ~ Hanya Yanagihara
315 Millimeters quotes by Hanya Yanagihara
She licked her parched lips, moistening them, preparing them. "You could lose your job."
"You could be expelled."
"It's unethical."
"Dangerous."
His mouth hovered only millimeters over hers. "We doing this?"
She hooked her arms around his neck. "God yes. ~ Shelly Bell
315 Millimeters quotes by Shelly Bell
Every nation on Earth was attacked. Earth's casualties were 461 killed, 223 wounded, none captured, and 216 missing. Mars' casualties were 149,315 killed, 446 wounded, 11 captured, and 46,634 missing. At the end of the war, every Martian had been killed, wounded, captured, or been found missing. Not a soul was left on Mars. Not a building was left standing on Mars. The last waves of Martians to attack Earth were,-to the horror of the Earthlings who pot-shotted them, old men, women, and a few little children. The ~ Kurt Vonnegut
315 Millimeters quotes by Kurt Vonnegut
The doctors found one electrode contact that greatly relieved the woman's symptoms. But the unexpected happened when the electric current passed through one of the four contact sites on the patient's left side, precisely two millimeters below the contact that improved her condition. The patient stopped her ongoing conversation quite abruptly, cast her eyes down and to her right side, then leaned slightly to the right and her emotional expression became one of sadness. After a few seconds she suddenly began to cry. Tears flowed and her entire demeanor was one of profound misery. Soon she was sobbing. As this display continued she began talking about how deeply sad she felt, how she had no energies left to go on living in this manner, how hopeless and exhausted she was. [ . . . ]

The physician in charge of the treatment realized that this unusual event was due to the current and aborted the procedure. About ninety seconds after the current was interrupted the patient's behavior returned to normal. [ . . . ]

Why would this patient's brain evoke the kind of thoughts that normally cause sadness considering that the emotion and feeling were unmotivated by the appropriate stimuli? The answer has to do with the dependence of feeling on emotion and the intriguing ways of one's memory. When the emotion sadness is deployed, feelings of sadness instantly follow. In short order, the brain also brings forth the kind of thoughts that normally cause the emotion sadness ~ Antonio R Damasio
315 Millimeters quotes by Antonio R Damasio
my life was only one of countless stories of human pain; that though I had considered myself the prima donna of sufferers, I was simply one of a vast troupe; that darkness indeed descends upon every man and woman, but that moon and stars also shine down upon all.
p 315 ~ Jamie Langston Turner
315 Millimeters quotes by Jamie Langston Turner
How much dust can a body make? Little specks of death. Measuring life in millimeters. ~ Ryan Galloway
315 Millimeters quotes by Ryan Galloway
Dovewing felt bone-weary from her ears to the tip of her tail. Just because she had better hearing, sharper senses than any cat didn't seem to give her more strength. She needed to rest, eat, talk with Jayfeather and Lionblaze about the challenge that sol had left them with, of hostile Clans that would be crushed by the dark forest if they tried to fight alone. Starclan, light my path, please.
"Come on," she meowed to Hollyleaf. "It's time we went home. Our Clnmates are waitning for us"
P. 315 ~ Erin Hunter
315 Millimeters quotes by Erin Hunter
Her collections matured, categorized methodically by order, genus, and species; by age according to bone wear; by size in millimeters of feahers; or by the fragile hues of greens. The science and art entwined in each other's strengths; the colors, the light, the species, the life; weaving a masterpiece of knowledge and beauty that filled every corner of her shack. Her world, She grew with them--the trunk of the vine--alone, but holding all the wonders together. ~ Delia Owens
315 Millimeters quotes by Delia Owens
I pretended I had urgent business at the prosecutor's table which, in one of The System's obvious tells, was always millimeters from the jury box. ~ Sergio De La Pava
315 Millimeters quotes by Sergio De La Pava
America is like one of those old-fashioned six-cylinder truck engines that can be missing two sparkplugs and have a broken flywheel and have a crankshaft that's 5000 millimeters off fitting properly, and two bad ball-bearings, and still runs. We're in that kind of situation. We can have substantial parts of the population committing suicide, and still run and look fairly good. ~ Thomas McGuane
315 Millimeters quotes by Thomas McGuane
Love stories are written in millimeters and milliseconds with a fast, dull pencil whose marks you can barely see, they are written in miles and eons with a chisel on the side of a mountiantop ~ Gabrielle Zevin
315 Millimeters quotes by Gabrielle Zevin
Colorado and Wyoming are America's highest states, averaging 6,800 feet and 6,700 feet above sea level. Utah comes in third at 6,100 feet, New Mexico, Nevada, and Idaho each break 5,000 feet, and the rest of the field is hardly worth mentioning. At 3,400 feet, Montana is only half as high as Colorado, and Alaska, despite having the highest peaks, is even further down the list at 1,900 feet. Colorado has more fourteeners than all the other U.S. states combined, and more than all of Canada too. Colorado's lowest point (3,315 feet along the Kansas border) is higher than the highest point in twenty other states. Rivers begin here and flow away to all the points of the compass. Colorado receives no rivers from another state (unless you count the Green River's' brief in and out from Utah).Wyoming's Wind River Range is the only mountain in North America that supplies water to all three master streams of the American West: Missouri, Colorado, and Columbia rivers. ~ Keith Meldahl
315 Millimeters quotes by Keith Meldahl
With great difficulty advancing by millimeters each year, I carve a road out of the rock. For millenniums my teeth have wasted and my nails broken to get there, to the other side, to the light and the open air. And now that my hands bleed and my teeth tremble, unsure in a cavity cracked by thirst and dust, I pause and contemplate my work. I have spent the second part of my life breaking the stones, drilling the walls, smashing the doors, removing the obstacles I placed between the light and myself in the first part of my life. ~ Octavio Paz
315 Millimeters quotes by Octavio Paz
Most dancers find their confidence in dancing. Right is mere millimeters away from wrong. Failure is always louder than success. But there is an accumulation of all the things you don't do wrong, and it becomes your confidence. You can even get to the point where confidence lasts longer than the dance. Seconds at first. Then minutes. Then maybe it'll be there when you're walking into a party, or meeting people after a show. You know you have something desirable, and you know you can move. ~ David Levithan
315 Millimeters quotes by David Levithan
Denmark is a small, homogenous nation of about 5.5 million people. The United States is a melting pot of more than 315 million people. No question about it, Denmark and the United States are very different countries. ~ Bernie Sanders
315 Millimeters quotes by Bernie Sanders
My grandmother stepped back into the kitchen to get their drinks. I had come to love her more after death than I ever had on Earth. I wish I could say that in that moment in the kitchen she decided to quit drinking, but I now saw that drinking was a part of what made her who she was. If the worst of what she left on Earth was a legacy of inebriated support, it was a good legacy in my book.
~Susie's grandmother, Lynn
pgs 315-316 ~ Alice Sebold
315 Millimeters quotes by Alice Sebold
I go to the favelas in Brazil. It's the same in the South Side of Chicago. It's the same, or just more violent. We're trying to get them to stop selling dope. You see kids with AK-47s, and nine-year-olds with nine millimeters. You know, they don't play. They make us look like nuns. ~ Quincy Jones
315 Millimeters quotes by Quincy Jones
I'll leave a note in the lobby that says, "Moved. 315." You had a meeting with me at 3:00 in room 315. The number 315 confuses you, so you wonder, "Did the room get moved, or the time?" Both did. You're to meet me at 3:33 in room 333. ~ Jarod Kintz
315 Millimeters quotes by Jarod Kintz
Oysters are the only food that never causes indigestion. Indeed, a man would have to eat sixteen dozen of these acephalous molluscs in order to gain the 315 grammes of nitrogen he requires daily. ~ Jules Verne
315 Millimeters quotes by Jules Verne
And the distance between them, millimeters only, the space of a breath, opened up and deepened, became a cavern at whose edge he stood. ~ Kim Edwards
315 Millimeters quotes by Kim Edwards
The air was cool and soft. The desert looked empty from our great height, enough to believe the geographers and travel writers who tell of the terrible desert life, the stillness, harshness, and death. I lay against the cold sand, tiny grains dancing fast and furious across my skin. I saw insects and scorpions, the line of a snake. Mohammed said the dunes moved millimeters a day. They inched across the desert floor toward the ocean. I smiled. The geographers were blind. ~ C. Lynn Murphy
315 Millimeters quotes by C. Lynn Murphy
In Alabama, for instance, in 1900 fourteen Black Belt counties had
79,311 voters on the rolls; by June 1, 1903, after the new
constitution was passed, registration had dropped to just 1,081.
Statewide Alabama in 1900 had
181,315 blacks eligible to vote. By 1903
only 2,980 were registered, although
at least 74,000 were literate. From
1900 to 1903, white registered voters
fell by more than 40,000, although
their population grew in overall
number. By 1941, more poor whites
than blacks had been disfranchised in
Alabama, mostly due to effects of the
cumulative poll tax. Estimates were
that 600,000 whites and 500,000
blacks had been disfranchised. ~ Boundless
315 Millimeters quotes by Boundless
There were 315,000 slave owners in the Union Army (with 200,000 in the Confederate Army) and the men who walked away from the Union Army were adamantly opposed to freeing slaves. We cite these facts and recorded statistics to point out that the principal cause of the war was not the issue of slavery. ~ John Coleman
315 Millimeters quotes by John Coleman
Hawai'i is the most isolated population center on Earth, with the nearest points being between Hilo on the Big Island and San Francisco in CA 2,315 miles away. ~ John Richard Stephens
315 Millimeters quotes by John Richard Stephens
Up until now quantum entanglement has generally been considered limited to very small microscopic objects, such as subatomic particles, atoms, isolated molecules, and microscopic crystalline structures. In December 2011 a group of physicists from the University of Oxford, the National Research Council of Canada, and the National University of Singapore announced the successful quantum entanglement, using lasers, of oscillation patterns of atoms in two macroscopic (approximately 3 millimeters in size) diamonds at room temperature and separated by a distance of about 15 centimeters ~ Robert M. Schoch
315 Millimeters quotes by Robert M. Schoch
315. - What commonly hinders us from showing the recesses of our heart to our friends, is not the distrust we have of them, but that we have of ourselves. ~ Francois De La Rochefoucauld
315 Millimeters quotes by Francois De La Rochefoucauld
He´d followed her in, locked the door and tried to kiss her,…. He missed having the tip of his tongue bitten off by millimeters. Then she kneed him in the nuts and went at him with the closest weapon at hand, which happened to be a toilet brush - but hey, those bristles could hurt if shoved somewhere with enough force. ~ Tracey Alvarez
315 Millimeters quotes by Tracey Alvarez
Why is it Americans are socially permitted to say 'fricking' when in fact everyone knows the word they're actually saying is 'fucking'?
... here you have some bland ho-bag telly presenter saying 'I'm so fricking mad' about whatever, while you, the home viewer, know she's three millimeters away from saying 'I'm so fucking mad'. But instead of being outraged because she basically said 'fucking' on TV, everyone giggles, like she's being cute.
... it's like ten times worse because the public is thinking 'fucking, fucking, fucking'. They're so full of shame or so socially conditioned that the mental effect of saying the word 'fucking' is technically amplified. By actually saying the word 'fucking' in real life, instead of 'fricking', you're doing American society a favor. ~ Douglas Coupland
315 Millimeters quotes by Douglas Coupland
I had fired 9-millimeters before and didn't like them. they weren't as accurate as my .38 special. they weren't as safe, and they could jam. i had never been one to substitute quantity for quality, and there was no substitution for being informed and practiced ~ Patricia Cornwell
315 Millimeters quotes by Patricia Cornwell
In my sport, we're measured in millimeters and fractions of millimeters. ~ Matt Emmons
315 Millimeters quotes by Matt Emmons
Rhyme's eyes closed. His head dipped. But only a few millimeters. As with most great men, Lincoln Rhyme's gestures of defeat were very subtle. ~ Jeffery Deaver
315 Millimeters quotes by Jeffery Deaver
Retorica Font Quotes «
» Matukio Leo Quotes