2010 Speed Skating Champion Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2010 Speed Skating Champion.

Quotes About 2010 Speed Skating Champion

Enjoy collection of 47 2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2010 Speed Skating Champion. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

If you want to Be The Best...
You have to Beat The Best!
In order to Beat The Best...
You must Beat Yourself!
Become A Champion Today. ~ Julian Wood
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Julian Wood
When I saw the 2010 Games and speed skating, I had a change of heart. I had always dreamed of being an Olympian, and something clicked inside of me. I knew I had to move to Salt Lake City and make this dream a reality. ~ Brittany Bowe
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Brittany Bowe
Hockey players can also brace pretty hard against the ice. A player skating at full speed can stop in the space of a few meters, which means the force they're exerting on the ice is pretty substantial. (It also suggests that if you started to slowly rotate a hockey rink, it could tilt up to 50 degrees before the players would all slide to one end. Clearly, experiments are needed to confirm this.) ~ Randall Munroe
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Randall Munroe
With speed skating, it's like doing one-legged squats over and over again, with that one leg absorbing more than 80 percent of your weight. It takes an enormous amount of strength, and you're in such a weird position. ~ Apolo Ohno
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Apolo Ohno
If the Olympic champion doesn't know how to jump quad, I don't know. Now it's not figure skating. Now it's dancing. ~ Evgeni Plushenko
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Evgeni Plushenko
I don't think television really captures the speed and the power of skating. ~ Dorothy Hamill
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Dorothy Hamill
When she (my mother) passed away, I kind of understood the commitment that she made to make sure that I could stay in skating. And I wanted to live up to whatever I could. Not so much win everything, but just to be the best that I could possibly be, to honor her memory and everything she went through to make sure that I was given the opportunities to be the best that I can be. Not to be a world champion or an Olympic gold medalist, but to be the best that I could be. And that was the most important thing that ever happened in my career. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Theodore Roosevelt
Yes, I am the Olympic champion, but this is not the end of it. I want all the gold that there is out there, everything that exists in figure skating. In all events, in all competitions. ~ Adelina Sotnikova
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Adelina Sotnikova
In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Ralph Waldo Emerson
I don't remember the first time I skated on ice, I was too young. I do remember falling in love with that wind-in-my-face feeling while speed skating. ~ Bonnie Blair
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Bonnie Blair
As soon as I was introduced to ice speed skating, I was instantly hooked. I never thought about pursuing skating professionally; I just enjoyed doing it. ~ Shani Davis
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Shani Davis
I love skating. I love the speed, the power, the excitement, the feeling that
even for just a moment
I can defy gravity and fly through the air. And I love the way that a great skating performance, like any work of art, can move an audience to laughter or tears. ~ Brian Boitano
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Brian Boitano
I don't even know if you can blink in a hundredth of a second, and that's what it comes down to in speed skating. ~ Brittany Bowe
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Brittany Bowe
There are only two types of waves that can travel across the universe bringing us information about things far away: electromagnetic waves (which include light, X-rays, gamma rays, microwaves, radio waves…); and gravitational waves.
Electromagnetic waves consist of oscillating electric and magnetic forces that travel at light speed. When they impinge on charged particles, such as the electrons in a radio or TV antenna, they shake the particles back and forth, depositing in the particles the information the waves carry. That information can then be amplified and fed into a loudspeaker or on to a TV screen for humans to comprehend.
Gravitational waves, according to Einstein, consist of an oscillatory space warp: an oscillating stretch and squeeze of space. In 1972 Rainer (Rai) Weiss at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology had invented a gravitational-wave detector, in which mirrors hanging inside the corner and ends of an L-shaped vacuum pipe are pushed apart along one leg of the L by the stretch of space, and pushed together along the other leg by the squeeze of space. Rai proposed using laser beams to measure the oscillating pattern of this stretch and squeeze. The laser light could extract a gravitational wave's information, and the signal could then be amplified and fed into a computer for human comprehension.
The study of the universe with electromagnetic telescopes (electromagnetic astronomy) was initiated by Galileo, when he built a small optical tele ~ Stephen Hawking
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Stephen Hawking
One of the saddest things about publishing is how quickly it ages what it touches. The frenzy involved in getting books on shelves, and in putting the word out that they're there, moves at a speed that is not the speed of writing, let alone of reading. ~ Walter Kirn
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Walter Kirn
My aim is to motivate a human being, to find the champion within ~ Johnny G
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Johnny G
Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic. ~ Dan Rather
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Dan Rather
Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern, live your own life, and follow your own star. ~ Wilferd Peterson
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Wilferd Peterson
For better or worse, our lives are accelerating, and the only speed fast enough is instant. ~ Kevin Kelly
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Kevin Kelly
I've never been invited to do 'Stars on Ice' before, which is the only figure skating tour in the U.S., and it's disappointing that I can't perform for my American fans ... all because I'm not 'family friendly' enough. ~ Johnny Weir
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Johnny Weir
Biking is about rhythm and flow. It's the wind in you face and the challenge of hammering up along hill. It's the reward at the top and the thrill of a high-speed descent. Biking lets you come alive in both body and spirit. After awhile the bike disappears beneath you and you feel as if you're suspended in midair. ~ Gary Klein
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Gary Klein
Microfinance companies in India are responsible for hundreds of suicides - two hundred people in Andhra Pradesh in 2010 alone. ~ Anonymous
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Anonymous
We have to keep our fans watching not just at home on TV but here at the racetrack too. This is where you sell people on the speed and excitement of racing. ~ Jeff Gordon
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Jeff Gordon
I think the preseason helps a lot, just to feel a little bit about the speed of the game. ~ Andrew Luck
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Andrew Luck
Jodiya's shoulders shook in a silent laugh. Slowly, she lowered her pistol.
And flung the grenade she held in her other hand.
The fuse kindled in midair, burning unnaturally fast. No chance to outrun the explosion.
Instead, Isyllt caught it. She hissed at the pain in her left hand, at the precious fraction of fuse being consumed. As soon as iron touched her skin, he magic began to work. Rust bloomed across damp metal, corroding at preternatural speed. Within heartbeats the iron shell crumbled in her hands, black powder hissing to the ground. She turned her head just in time as the fuse caught the last of the gunpowder and sprayed her with sparks.
Her hand twisted with the pain of it, but she bared her teeth at Jodiya. "Again?"
~ Amanda Downum
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Amanda Downum
The pleasure and sadness of youth is that the speed of its passing is never thought about; and so you say that you will do this or that in a year, in five years, only to wake up one morning to realize that what you thought was infinitely prolonged has ended. ~ Derek Tangye
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Derek Tangye
From the driver's standpoint I had the same horrors, the same satisfactions, the same everything. The speed is relative. It's faster and things are happening quicker, but you have the equipment to handle it. ~ Mario Andretti
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Mario Andretti
When we were on the bus doing the Mr. Show Hooray for America Tour there was a lot of laughter and a lot of pot smoking and a lot of speed metal listening and video game playing. Of course that was all Brian Posehn. ~ David Cross
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by David Cross
Forty years later, I'm acutely conscious that it is in fact impossible for a self to change at the speed the world is changing whilst remaining true to a remotely recognizable self - that is, to remain oneself and yet remain in the world at its most immediate and be and feel oneself to be an active part of that world. ~ Alexandra Pierce
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Alexandra Pierce
The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang."
~ Mary Kay ~ Mary Kay Ash
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Mary Kay Ash
Know me, for I am death to all oath breaker, promise renders, and betrayers. Know me, for I am the last sunset, the night without the dawn, the winter without spring. I am pain to your pleasure, silence to your shout, stillness to your speed. I hunt death. ~ Sarah Beth Durst
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Sarah Beth Durst
It's called the flyby anomaly, because there are multiple instances where NASA's Galileo, NEAR, Pioneer 10, and Pioneer 11 spacecraft have experienced an unexplainable increase in speed over massive distances. It's always when they're passing Earth at enough of a distance to not be affected by its gravitational pull, yet they somehow pick up speed, like a universal force is inside stepping on the accelerator. ~ Anonymous
When I was 15 or 16 and I started climbing up the ladder of success in amateur boxing, a reporter asked me, "What do you want to be?" I think he was expecting me to say, "A champion." I said, "I want to be special." I don't know why I said that, but I didn't just want to be a fighter. I wanted to have an impact with people, particularly kids. ~ Sugar Ray Leonard
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Sugar Ray Leonard
I run. I am made for running. Because when you run, you could be anyone. You hone yourself into a body, nothing more or less than a body. You respond as a body, to the body. If you are racing to win, you have no thoughts but the body's thoughts, no goals but the body's goals. You obliterate yourself in the name of speed. You negate yourself in order to make it past the finish line. ~ David Levithan
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by David Levithan
Once I realized that Australia's top highway speed of 110 kilometers per hour was the same as going 65 in the U.S., all my hardened American enthusiasm for speed went limp until it felt like the car was hardly moving at all. Even worse, most stretches of the highway are restricted to 60 kilometers per hour, which is how fast Americans go when we're, like, passing a stopped school bus disembarking small children, or driving through a herd of puppies in the road. ~ Elle Lothlorien
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Elle Lothlorien
Figure skating is theatrical, and a part of it is wearing costumes. My costumes were very over-the-top and outrageous for figure skating. But for me, it's all beautiful. Even when nobody else believed they were beautiful, I felt beautiful in them. ~ Johnny Weir
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Johnny Weir
adviser, repeatedly requested that the NSA spy on the internal discussions of key member states to learn their negotiation strategies. A May 2010 SSO report ~ Glenn Greenwald
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Glenn Greenwald
I've always liked speed. I own a car that I shouldn't be talking about because I'm an environmentalist, but the 1955 Porsche Spyder 550 RS is the finest sports car ever made. ~ Robert Redford
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Robert Redford
You said these guys are your cousins? Is that, like, for real? It's, like, not a turn of phrase?"
"What on earth do you mean?"
"Well, I refer to my bluds as cuz, sometimes. Is it like that, or is they real blood relatives?"
"Yes, four of them are cousins. One of them is my twin brother. I'm sure you can guess who."
"Who?"
"Yes."
"No, who?"
"Exactly." The Doctor's gaze was in some far-off place, his voice low and monotone. "He was always the troublesome one. He instigated the rift, cemented the separation. Blabbed to the Beeb. I can never forgive him for that. Never. ~ Mark Speed
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Mark Speed
Daemon followed me home after school. Literally. He tailed me in his new Infiniti SUV. My old Camry, with its leaky exhaust and loud muffler, was no match for the speed he wanted to go. I'd brake-checked him several times. He'd blown his horn. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The best advice is to take it easy, respect speed limits and do not try to make up time lost in the tailbacks on the open road. ~ Emma Caulfield
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Emma Caulfield
Valentine
my friends stitched it up with golden thread
like a red
satin pillow they gave me other whole ones too
roses and charms and red candles
milagros to repair the real one
they told me i was no longer allowed to give it away
a pretty pin cushion
a piece of mexican folk art
a hundred beating poems left unanswered
like a thing to wear around the neck
they said you must heal we will protect you
but i sat weeping at the computer forging ahead anyway
with the small stitched thing struggling in my chest
it knew that it had needed to be torn
so that it could recognize and receive the hundred kindnesses
traveling across three thousand miles at the speed of light
a storm of petals and beautiful words and tiny hearts to keep it
company ~ Francesca Lia Block
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Francesca Lia Block
He was a champion bastard. ~ Sarah J. Maas
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Sarah J. Maas
Watercolour painting is notoriously difficult - so much depends on directness and speed, and certainty of intention. Tentative or fumbling touches are disastrous, for they cannot be obliterated easily. ~ Walter J. Phillips
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Walter J. Phillips
Imagine a day when all plants and trees go on a strike, a bandh just for a day. All of us will die for want of oxygen." Reading this, I was instantly reminded of Bolivia's recent legislation (in December 2010) to grant all nature equal rights as humans. Justice William O. Douglas, writing against a 1972 decision by the United States Supreme Court, wrote, "Inanimate objects are sometimes parties in litigation ... So it should be as respects valleys, alpine meadows, rivers, lakes, estuaries, beaches, ridges, groves of trees, swampland, or even air that feels the destructive pressures of modern technology and modern life ... The voice of the inanimate object, therefore, should not be stilled. ~ Anonymous
Sometimes it's not about speed about power, it's about up here man [points to his head]. All these guys are not with me mentally. ~ Adrien Broner
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Adrien Broner
That which, at first sight, appears to be contrary to the known laws of nature, will always be found, on investigation, to be in perfect accordance with those laws. For instance, had a sailor of the last century been running before the wind, and met with a vessel running at a good rate of speed, directly in opposition to the wind and current, this sight would have presented, to his understanding, a miracle in the highest possible sense of the term, that is, an event entirely contrary to the laws of nature, as known to him. ~ Parley P. Pratt
2010 Speed Skating Champion quotes by Parley P. Pratt
2010 Odyssey Two Quotes «
» 2010 Uk Student Protest Quotes