1772 Rooftop Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1772 Rooftop.

Quotes About 1772 Rooftop

Enjoy collection of 31 1772 Rooftop quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1772 Rooftop. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1772 Rooftop quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

A long, ear-tearing howl threatened to deafen him, but he was already past the wight as the lanceblade sank in and cut deep, Gallow's body airborne and spinning, his axis almost parallel to the rooftop as the Veil bunched and shivered. Landing, still spinning, the lance a propeller now, the last wight baring its yellowed fangs and hissing. Another curse, this one hurried and malformed, hurtled flapping for Gallow's eyes, but his own spat phrase of the Old Language batted it aside, a dart of moonglow shredding the black wings. Skidding, ~ Lilith Saintcrow
1772 Rooftop quotes by Lilith Saintcrow
I've wandered through the real world, and written myself through the darkness of the streets inside me. I see people walking through the city and wonder where they've been, and what the moments of their lives have done to them. If they're anything like me, their moments have held them up and shot them down.
Sometimes I just survive.
But sometimes I stand on the rooftop of my existence, arms stretched out, begging for more.
That's when the stories show up in me.
They find me all the time.
They're made of underdogs and fighters. They're made of hunger and desire and trying to live decent.
The only trouble is, I don't know which of those stories comes first.
Maybe they all just merge into one.
We'll see, I guess.
I'll let you know when I decide. ~ Markus Zusak
1772 Rooftop quotes by Markus Zusak
Snoopy (musing on his rooftop): Good Grief! Is it November already? My life is going by too fast. I think someone pushed the "Fast Forward" button. ~ Charles M. Schulz
1772 Rooftop quotes by Charles M. Schulz
The first time I stepped onto the rooftop of the Potala Palace in Lhasa in 1985, I felt, as never before or since, as if I was stepping onto the rooftop of my being: onto some dimension of consciousness that I'd never visited before. ~ Pico Iyer
1772 Rooftop quotes by Pico Iyer
The next day there was still no sign of Sugar's 5A neighbor, although the window boxes had been rearranged overnight, the mint harvested and Thai basil planted in its place. Again, the window was open and the heavenly scent of something deliciously cakelike was swirling around the rooftop. ~ Sarah-Kate Lynch
1772 Rooftop quotes by Sarah-Kate Lynch
My eyes begin watering as I look up at the sky, squinting against the sun's glare. There's not a cloud anywhere, nothing, except the bird that I'm following as it swoops and rolls high above my head. I can't remember the last time I saw one this close up and my heart beat quickens as adrenalin begins to build.
Steadying myself on the rooftop, I shift my weight from leg to leg as it dips its wings and begins to drop like a stone until I think it's going to hit the ground for sure. My right foot stretches towards the edge of the roof as I lose sight of it in among the slums of Sanctum.
The place I call home.
The Wastelanders ~ Nicholas Grey
1772 Rooftop quotes by Nicholas Grey
When he died, I went about like a ragged crow telling strangers, "My father died, my father died." My indiscretion embarrassed me, but I could not help it. Without my father on his Delhi rooftop, why was I here? Without him there, why should I go back? Without that ache between us, what was I made of? ~ Kiran Desai
1772 Rooftop quotes by Kiran Desai
He was overwhelmed by the desire to drop down to his knees and grab Ty's hands, and hold him the way he had on the rooftop in London when Livvy had been hurt. ~ Cassandra Clare
1772 Rooftop quotes by Cassandra Clare
THE FLOOD

One day, there was a big flood and an old woman was trapped on her roof as the waters rose. A boat with two young men approached her and the men yelled out to her, "Lady, get off that roof and climb in this boat!"

"No, it's alright! God is going to save me!" She replied.

The men thought she was crazy, but the boat left and the waters rose.

A second boat came. The water was at the edge of the rooftop - same thing, "I put my faith in the Lord! God is going to save me!" And so, they left too.

A third boat came, the water was up to her neck- same thing, "God is going to save me!!!!" They too left, shaking there heads.

After she drowned and went to heaven, the old woman was very upset. She stood before God angrily, "My Lord, I put all my faith in you. I knew you'd save me But you didn't!!! Why not???"

God replied back- "But lady... I sent you three boats!!!"

MORAL: God still works miracles today. But if you are praying for a miracle, he is not going to send you down a box wrapped in shiny, silver, foil paper with ribbon and a fancy bow wrapped around it to solve your problems. Most of the time, today, God works His miracles through people. ~ Jose N Harris
1772 Rooftop quotes by Jose N Harris
As long as you live under my roof, you'll do what I say!" he shouted.
Then I'll find another roof, I thought.
"You understand me?" he said.
"Yes sir, I understand" I said, and I did too. I understand that a new rooftop would do wonders for me. ~ Sue Monk Kidd
1772 Rooftop quotes by Sue Monk Kidd
The first Parikrma school started in a slum where there were 70,000 people living below the poverty line. Our first school was on a rooftop of a building inside the slums, a second story building, the only second story building inside the slums. And that rooftop did not have any ceiling, only half a tin sheet. That was our first school. ~ Shukla Bose
1772 Rooftop quotes by Shukla Bose
We all need the comforting illusion of stability and security in this shaky rooftop of a thing we call life. Tevye is right; we are all fiddlers, trying to scratch out a simple tune without breaking our necks. ~ Tara Ison
1772 Rooftop quotes by Tara Ison
There seemed to be handfuls of stars tossed right above the rooftops in Haddan, keeping the town still alight at midnight. ~ Alice Hoffman
1772 Rooftop quotes by Alice Hoffman
When you were sleeping on the sofa I put my ear to your ear and listened to the echo of your dreams. That is the ocean I want to dive in, merge with the bright fish, plankton and pirate ships. I walk up to people on the street that kind of look like you and ask them the questions I would ask you. Can we sit on a rooftop and watch stars dissolve into smoke rising from a chimney? Can I swing like Tarzan in the jungle of your breathing? I don't wish I was in your arms, I just wish I was peddling a bicycle toward your arms. ~ Jeffrey McDaniel
1772 Rooftop quotes by Jeffrey McDaniel
Some rooftop, water-tank looming, street-racket strangely quelled
and other known and unknown there, long sweet summer evening
on the tarred roof:
leaned back your head to the nightvault swarming with stars
the Pleiades broken loose, not seven but thousands
every known constellation flinging out fiery threads
and you could distinguish all
-cobwebs, tendrils, anatomies of stars
coherently hammocked, blueblack avenues between…

It was New York, the dream-site
the lost city the city of dreadful light…we
went striding the avenues in our fiery hair
in our bodies young and ordinary riding the subways reading
or pressed against other bodies
feeling in them the maps of Brooklyn Queens Manhattan… ~ Adrienne Rich
1772 Rooftop quotes by Adrienne Rich
The rules also explicitly stated that carrying a shovel, standing on a rooftop while speaking on a cell phone, or holding binoculars or being out after curfew constituted hostile intent, and we were authorized to use deadly force. ~ Iraq Veterans Against The War
1772 Rooftop quotes by Iraq Veterans Against The War
Des heard the dogs. They weren't barking, he realized, not exactly. They were swearing. And the rooftop rottweilers, faintly and almost plaintively, at this distance, were swearing back:
'FUCKOFF!' yelled Joe, or Jeff. It was almost a monosyllable.
'FUCKOFF!' 'FUCK! FUCK!' 'FUCKOFF!' 'FUCKOFF!' yelled Jeff, or Joe. 'FUCKOFF!' 'FUCK! FUCK!' 'FUCKOFF! ~ Martin Amis
1772 Rooftop quotes by Martin Amis
The soft sound of the rain on the rooftop sounded like young girls sneaking off in stockings to elope. She felt lonesome for Pierrot. ~ Heather O'Neill
1772 Rooftop quotes by Heather O'Neill
"Now, do I dare ask what you guys are doing hiding out up here? Or is it going to make me jealous?"
Simon was smiling as he said it, but Derek glanced away with a gruff "Course not."
"So you weren't having another adventure?" Simon lowered himself on my other side, so close he brushed against me, hand resting on mine. "It sure looks like a good spot for one. Rooftop hideaway, old widow's walk. That is what that is, huh? A widow's walk?"
"Yeah. And it's rotting, so stay off it," Derek said.
"I did. So, adventure?"
"A small one," I said.
"Oh, man. I always miss them. Okay, break it to me gently." ~ Kelley Armstrong
1772 Rooftop quotes by Kelley Armstrong
Our customer base isn't just people saying, 'I'm an environmentalist, I'm in my Birkenstocks, I went to Woodstock.' Solar is a bipartisan technology. Republicans like solar; conservatives like solar. Over 30% of our customers are veterans. There's something very American about being able to produce power on your own rooftop. ~ Lynn Jurich
1772 Rooftop quotes by Lynn Jurich
You're inviting us to the rooftop populated with the people the gangs are after?" Deret hollered.
"Given that we're planning ways to collapse your rooftop onto the makarovi milling in the factory, we thought you'd find it a more appealing perch. ~ Lindsay Buroker
1772 Rooftop quotes by Lindsay Buroker
I jumped between two seven-story buildings in Los Angeles, launching from one rooftop to the other with ramps. ~ Tony Hawk
1772 Rooftop quotes by Tony Hawk
a bright star
haunts me,
as I fell in love
with the sunsets
on a breezy rooftop ~ Bremer Acosta
1772 Rooftop quotes by Bremer Acosta
Some people do want to stand on the rooftop and scream out their story. Others are cowering in the corner, or sitting with a blank face in class, and not knowing how to tell their story. ~ Lauren Myracle
1772 Rooftop quotes by Lauren Myracle
The first duty of government is to protect the powerless from the powerful. ~ Code Of Hammurabi 1772 B.C.
1772 Rooftop quotes by Code Of Hammurabi 1772 B.C.
This is not what it is like to be you,
I realized as a few of your magnificent clouds
flew over the rooftop.
It is just me thinking about being you.
And before I headed back down the hill,
I walked in a circle around your house,
making an invisible line
which you would have to cross before dark. ~ Billy Collins
1772 Rooftop quotes by Billy Collins
Cradle My Heart

Last night, I was lying on the rooftop, thinking of you. I saw a special Star, and summoned her to take you a message. I prostrated myself to the Star and asked her to take my prostration to that Sun of Tabriz so that with his light, he can turn my dark stones into gold. I opened my chest and showed her my scars, I told her to bring me news of my bloodthirsty Lover. As I waited, I paced back and forth, until the child of my heart became quiet. The child slept, as if I were rocking his cradle. Oh Beloved, give milk to the infant of the heart, and don't hold us from our turning. You have cared for hundreds, don't let it stop with me now. At the end, the town of unity is the place for the heart. ~ Jalaluddin Rumi
1772 Rooftop quotes by Jalaluddin Rumi
The doors open and we jump inside from the rooftop just as sirens go off and spotlights cling to us from below. Kylee doesn't even wait for us to sit down before I feel myself melting into the first flashas we head for the planet with the yellow sun - Earth. ~ Jaclyn Lewis
1772 Rooftop quotes by Jaclyn Lewis
Flames curled out of all the windows next door. The rooftop beyond that was a lake of fire. Every building in sight was burning. The air was filled with crackling and popping sounds, with shrieks and screams coming from the street below. ~ Laurie Halse Anderson
1772 Rooftop quotes by Laurie Halse Anderson
-a superb moon, round as a pumpkin and golden as honey, filling the rooftop world with light, and deep, mysterious shadow. ~ Barbara Sleigh
1772 Rooftop quotes by Barbara Sleigh
She wants him like she wanted to fly from the rooftop when she was ten, wants to throw her whole body into that catastrophe until she is utterly exhausted and dried up. ~ Amber Sparks
1772 Rooftop quotes by Amber Sparks
Risica Wakefield Quotes «
» Podobni Video Quotes